PDA

View Full Version : New and Old Nexus

Danny Des
01-17-2011, 10:02 AM
So it would appear after smackdown that nexus is kinda split down the middle. with CM Punk, Otunga, Harris and McGilicutty on RAW, and Barrett, Gabriel, Slater and Ezekiel Jackson on Smackdown.

So with the teams now cut down to 4 men in each faction, and the raw side being massively low on talent now. im betting each team gets beefed up a bit with some new members. so who do you think would suit the nexus.

im thinking a heel turn would be better than a heel just joining. but let me know what you guys think.

HeelTurn
01-17-2011, 10:54 AM
i think the 2 teams will eventually join anyway, with Punk being the mastermind (taking out Show who destroyed the SES and Taker who took the World title from Punk). Smackdowns looks pretty set anyway, although I think they should bring back Sheffield when hes ready. The Raw team looks pretty bland, except Punk of course, they all seem to wear trunks if thats an indicator lol Maybe Ted will join them, then eventually split off with McGulicuty and form the Fortunate Sons.

Bennyladd1
01-17-2011, 11:06 AM
well its obvious that Barrett is the better leader, the smackdown Nexus is a lot better and more original , slater and gabriel are originals and big zekes the new muscle, i think is fine member wise..the only person i could see joining is drew mcintyre but i doubt it and i dont really care for RAW's nexus..its just boring now

SDR
01-17-2011, 11:27 AM
Bret DiBiase and Joe Hennig (Michael McGillicutty) are the Fortunate Sons, watch this video, Awesome finish by Hennig.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOm8ggnPbFw

The NXT member of the Raw Nexus should be Showtime Percy Watson, oh yeah! seriously though, Bo Rotundo would be a good addition to the Raw Nexus. And judging from this match, it seems like Wade Barrett has a hard on for Trent Barreta, maybe he will be the next member of his stable... if there is an addition.

K-Jammin
01-17-2011, 12:03 PM
im just praying that putting big zeke in the SD Nexus works out, i got alot of love for that guy

Regal>Cena
01-17-2011, 12:24 PM
My guess after Friday's Smackdown is the blue brand Nexus will have some kind of Caesar / Rome themed name, which could be good but quite equally could kill the groups credibility if it sounds too ludicrous.

I also appreciated how goods Barrett's interview segment was; potentially Wade Barrett could be one of the best on the mic in years.

As regards adding members, I would of thought Skip Sheffield joining up, possibly coming in to replace / counter Zeke when he gets his inevitable babyface push and splits from the Barrett faction. I also felt Percy Watson and Titus O'Neil had potential, although they might be best served joining Punk's Nexus. Lucky Cannon was good but probably ought to have been put in a tag team.

I'm still hoping that WWE will continue listening the the IWC and refocus on Tag Team Wrestling, maybe with a Tag Team only NXT. You could bring back some of the "failed contestants" and pair them up against teams like Los Aviadores from FCW. I would actually quite like to see NXT expanded to a 2 hour show, and encompass singles wrestlers, divas and tag teams - the variety might actually freshen the show up a bit.

SDR
01-17-2011, 03:24 PM
An NXT season for tag teams is a good idea, but a 2 hour program may never happen, if the rookie challenges were ratcheted down to 20% of the show there would be more time for development. l really don't know when that aspect of wrestling was given up on.... perhaps it happened when WWF became WWE.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzohPhqSQLY

the teams ranked at #1 & #2 were probably my favorite tag teams of all time

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sc7i2g2rigU&feature=related

Unfortunately tag teams may never be what they once were.

Lance Storm
01-17-2011, 04:09 PM
When it comes to NexSeS....I can't take anyone seriously with the names of Husky Harris and Michael McGillicuddy. Why not just be Rotundo and Hennig???

CodenameRKO
01-17-2011, 05:17 PM
I think the NEW Smackdown Nexus should be named The Empire. After the Roman Empire, after all these comparisons by Striker to Ceaser/ Barrett. Or they could be called The Commonwealth/ Conglomerate - Barrett from the UK and Gabriel - South Africa, Slater - USA and Jackson - North Africa.

RomanFlare
01-17-2011, 05:26 PM
I think the NEW Smackdown Nexus should be named The Empire. After the Roman Empire, after all these comparisons by Striker to Ceaser/ Barrett. Or they could be called The Commonwealth/ Conglomerate - Barrett from the UK and Gabriel - South Africa, Slater - USA and Jackson - North Africa.

I completely marked out during Barrett's promo (I love the Roman Empire), and I would actually buy the merchanidise for this.

AGEOFFALL
01-17-2011, 05:42 PM
Wade Barrett. Which ever team he leads is the true Nexus.

The Brown One
01-17-2011, 05:43 PM
You want a face to turn, to join each Nexus? Since no one has said anyone from the main rosters, I'm going to pick a member from the main roster that I think would work. Big Zeke isn't a rookie by any means, and he still got put in a team with rookies, so new members from the Smackdown/Raw roster are also plausible. I'm also going to choose a heel, that I think would fit in with The Nexus.

Raw's Nexus: Tyson Kidd. Hes going nowhere now that his bodyguard is back in FCW, not even feuding with Bryan for the US title, and with the 40 man Royal Rumble, theres probably not going to be a US title match, and Kidd needs all the help he can get in the Rumble match. So I suggest he join Nexus. They need some high flyers, now that Gabriels gone.

Smackdown's Nexus: This is what I want to happen, but chances are it might not. Kofi Kingston. His heel turn has been waited and anticipated for several months. Right now, hes on top of the world, and has the whole crowd on his side. How awesome would it be if he turned his back on them, and joined Nexus.

Black Mass Reverend
01-17-2011, 07:39 PM

Zeke's from Guyana. That's in South America.