PDA

View Full Version : WWE Superstars and their Finishers.

CMhuw24
01-17-2011, 03:13 AM
Over the last 5-6months now ive been studying the finishers superstars in WWE use these days and how much they impact.
While some suit the person perfectly, like Randy Ortons RKO or Evan Bournes SSP, i do beleive some are horrible and need to be fixed or replace. Here are my top 5 superstars in need of fixing their finisher:

1. John Morrison: Now i know he has a new running knee which IMO is awesome for his character, i beleive Starship Pain is really just too hard for him to hit every time and looks weak. Sure sometimes it looks awesome, but most of the time it looks more like pain for himself, not the oponent. I beleive he should be using a better top rope finisher, as his athlectic ability is obviously high enough for him to do a good looking, impactful flying finisher.

2. R-Truth: Well, i think we all know his Lie Detector sucks, big time. I dont know what real pain it is ment to cause but whatever it is, im not seeing it. While i know JTG is still wrestling, id like R-Truth to adapt his neckbreaker finisher where he spins around the opponent as i beleive it suits him well.

3. Health Slater: Now hes part of Wade Barrets 'new' Nexus, i beleive he needs a better looking finisher. After all im guessing they'll be doing alot of beat-downs and when your doing a beat-down youu need to show that it looks painful, otherwise its not a beat-down. But while i dislike his finisher, i really dont know what WWE could give him. Maybe a submission of some sort or something? Thoughts?

4. Wade Barrett: The big mighty leader of the new 'Nexus' on SD!, well as he might show to be a reckless leader his finisher, looks hopeless. The firemans carry front slam he uses isnt what suits the man. I beleive he should adapt a really painful looking move so when he gives it too his opponent/victim the crowd gets to see he means business.

5. Tyler Reks: I meen sure this looks cool, but i have only really seen him use it on small superstars, and i beleive if he ever was going to try and become something big, setting up Cena on his shoulders like that or Sheamus would take a very long time and most likely injure himself.

So yeahh their my thoughts, how about yours?

Rated_R(ob)KO
01-17-2011, 03:23 AM
I agree with this thread. I just don't know what I would do. Maybe Barrett needs a good Jack Knife Powerbomb? Like where the guy crunches up and lays flat afterward. Just a sick looking one. I've always loved that move and no one is really using it right now. Reks, I don't care about so, whatever. Slater and Truth need to just retune their entire moveset. Also, JoMo does need something new... just don't know what yet.

cainecollin
01-17-2011, 04:21 AM
Honestly I think Barret's looks the most painful of all of them. and it most definitely looks more impactful then the AA. the best part of his finisher is that it can be done on most anyone as a firemans carry to anything is all about balance and the lift is easy enough while looking like your really strong.

I liked R-Truth's corkscrew scissor kick finisher that became his signature and the lie detector at one point was his signature and should have stayed there.

I always though Slater's finisher just looked sloppy, but giving him a submission would be a great idea or even a Michinoku driver if he needed a regular one.

for the life of me I can't think of Tyler Reks finisher, but I can picture him with a running big boot or even the rolling cutter (ala Test) or even a few older moves that have been forgotten

JoMo: definitely needs to get rid of Starship pain as half the time he's botching it lately (possibly due to the added muscle weight he has gained in the past year?)

on just a note of moves: I'd like to see the return of some bridging suplexes for pin falls like the older days.

Also am I the only one that misses the "3 count" with the sleeper hold, where they would drop the hand 3 times before calling it over? it just seems like the person "not responding for a 1/2 second" is considered to have lost in the matches lately.

alexrules01
01-17-2011, 04:24 AM
I don't mind Barret's finisher, it looks like one of those finishers that makes you gasp for air for over a minute.
I don't know why R-Truth doesn't use the scissor kick, perfectly acceptable
Slater... well maybe a springboard into his finisher? Wonder whether that would work
Reks, maybe a Torture Rack backbreaker? I can't remember what his finisher is though
Morrison could use a moonsault as a secondary finisher, i havn't seen a moonsault in ages in the WWE

The Brown One
01-17-2011, 05:54 AM
1) John Morrison- I like that hes got a more realistic finisher now, besides Starship Pain. The running knee to the head is a nice addition to his moveset. But I feel that its not athletic enough for Morrison. But lets keep it there, because it sure does look more impactful than the Starship Pain. I would like to see him hit a moonsault, like alexrules01 said. He would actually land on his opponent, instead of just graze them.

2) R-Truth- His finisher right now is a joke. Sometimes he barely touches his opponents, and they go down. It isn't realistic at all. He should definitely use the Scissors Kick, because I don't see Alicia Fox using it anymore(thank God! She was awful).

3) I'm glad that WWE made Slater change his finisher from Ziggler's Zigzag, to a frontal version. But its been used too many times before, and by about 3 wrestlers in WWE in less than 1 year. People who have used it that come to mind: Judias Mesias, Shelton Benjamin, and MVP. Slater needs something to call his own. For some reason I find it hard seeing him lock in a submission. I'm used to him doing moves out of nowhere lightning quick. Maybe a variation of the Boston Crab, or Armbar(not ADR's one, but a grounded one).

4) I agree that Barrett's move looks alot more painful than Cenas. But it doesn't look too painful. To make him more of a threat, he needs a more devastating finisher. Maybe a Dominator.

5) I don't mind Rek's move, despite the fact that the commentators call it a Burning Hammer, which it obviously isn't. But he could use a secondary finisher. I would like to see this as his finisher, as it suits his monster gimmick. Chuck Palumbo used it, and is now endeavored. The spinning sideslam. Here is a video of it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlMzpgMMNhE

HeelTurn
01-17-2011, 06:09 AM
I dont mind Barretts Wasteland finisher, maybe he could do a jackhammer instead? And i agree Truth should just use the scissor kick. Morrison could just use a superkick move since HBK has retired.

alexrules01
01-17-2011, 06:50 AM
Maybe instead of the running knee, Morrison could fly off the top rope and hit a knee to someones face, would look kinda cool

Pepsi Plunge
01-17-2011, 07:07 AM
John Morrison - should bring back the moonlight drive.

R-Truth - we all know his finisher is the worst finisher seen in wrestling today... bring back the scissors kick for sure much better

Heath Slater - maybe just a strong DDT which hasnt been used much before

Wade Barrett - Not to annoyed at his finisher i mean i really think it suits him

Tyler Reks - I like his finisher but his alternate finisher to bigger opponents could be a running kick to the jaw side-on

Tommy Thunder
01-17-2011, 07:12 AM
Over the last 5-6months now ive been studying the finishers superstars in WWE use these days and how much they impact.
While some suit the person perfectly, like Randy Ortons RKO or Evan Bournes SSP, i do beleive some are horrible and need to be fixed or replace. Here are my top 5 superstars in need of fixing their finisher:

1. John Morrison: Now i know he has a new running knee which IMO is awesome for his character, i beleive Starship Pain is really just too hard for him to hit every time and looks weak. Sure sometimes it looks awesome, but most of the time it looks more like pain for himself, not the oponent. I beleive he should be using a better top rope finisher, as his athlectic ability is obviously high enough for him to do a good looking, impactful flying finisher.

2. R-Truth: Well, i think we all know his Lie Detector sucks, big time. I dont know what real pain it is ment to cause but whatever it is, im not seeing it. While i know JTG is still wrestling, id like R-Truth to adapt his neckbreaker finisher where he spins around the opponent as i beleive it suits him well.

3. Health Slater: Now hes part of Wade Barrets 'new' Nexus, i beleive he needs a better looking finisher. After all im guessing they'll be doing alot of beat-downs and when your doing a beat-down youu need to show that it looks painful, otherwise its not a beat-down. But while i dislike his finisher, i really dont know what WWE could give him. Maybe a submission of some sort or something? Thoughts?

4. Wade Barrett: The big mighty leader of the new 'Nexus' on SD!, well as he might show to be a reckless leader his finisher, looks hopeless. The firemans carry front slam he uses isnt what suits the man. I beleive he should adapt a really painful looking move so when he gives it too his opponent/victim the crowd gets to see he means business.

5. Tyler Reks: I meen sure this looks cool, but i have only really seen him use it on small superstars, and i beleive if he ever was going to try and become something big, setting up Cena on his shoulders like that or Sheamus would take a very long time and most likely injure himself.

So yeahh their my thoughts, how about yours?

Morrison needs to use the Moonlight drive again, that was a cool finisher.

Truth should use the scissors kick.

Slater should maybe use paydirt? Since Shelton Benjamin and MVP are gone now.

Not sure what Barrett should use. He does the spinning side-slam as a signature move, maybe he should use that as a finisher, and Wasteland as a signature.

Tyler Reks' finisher is awesome!! And you say he's only hit it on smaller guys, well he's actually hit Chris Masters with it twice (maybe even 3 times, can't remember). And Masters is 6"4, 265 lbs, and he didn't seem to have any trouble hitting it on him.

bcfccalum
01-17-2011, 07:55 AM
Slater should maybe use paydirt? Since Shelton Benjamin and MVP are gone now.

Slater does already use paydirt and did start the week after mvp left, originally he used a move basically the same as the zig zag which i found annoying

cortez26
01-17-2011, 08:01 AM
1. john morrison - i say bring back the moonlight drive, it was a good move and suited his style.

2. r-truth - lie detectors ok but its not a finsher. i always thought the hat rack crack was ok as his finsher, i think a move like a downward spiral/mic check move would sit him

3.heath slater - too much like the zigzag needs either a submission or top rope move.

4. wade barrett - its ok but not really that harder hitting for a guy barretts size. i'd give him maybe tyler rekks move or maybe even a clothesline from hell.

5. tyler rekks - this guy for some reason needs like a choke kind of finsher like the mandable claw or the tongan death grip

here a few of my own choices who need to change finshers.

cm punk - the gts to me ain't a finsher and looks awful , needs the anaconda vice back

kane - i just think he a different finsher to set him apart from the undertaker cause both there moves are pretty much the same and he need his own identity

rey mysterio - sorry guys but watching rey beat guys much bigger then him with a splash just don't look realistic to me.

the wrestling shade
01-17-2011, 08:44 AM
i dont care which superstar would use it but i realy would like to see the piledriver to be used in the wwe ring because its been like forever the last time i saw it was tommey dreamer vs RVD in TNA but i want to see in the wwe ring and talking about impacts?!?! this move is nothing but impact if its done in the right way

Adam Bomb II
01-17-2011, 09:47 AM
I always though Slater's finisher just looked sloppy, but giving him a submission would be a great idea or even a Michinoku driver if he needed a regular one.

I think a Michinoku driver would fit him quite well! He bores me to no end, but with the right combination of technical moves and quick impact moves, he would maybe be kind of fun to watch.

Danny Des
01-17-2011, 09:58 AM
I think a Michinoku driver would fit him quite well! He bores me to no end, but with the right combination of technical moves and quick impact moves, he would maybe be kind of fun to watch.

I bet wwe just repakage him at some point, he should get a powerful looking finisher, then again the only member with a good move is Gabriel.

Anyrysm
01-17-2011, 11:59 AM
As for Slater, I like the idea of giving him a submission; perhaps Konnan's old move the "Tequila Sunrise". I like Barrett's finisher and while Morrison may not always hit Starship Pain fully, I like the fact that he has an original finisher and it doesn't bother me so much that I think he should change. I think they need to do something with the Tyler Reks character before they change his finisher and R-Truth just needs to go away, I'm bored when he wrestles and cringe when he speaks.

SgtGohan
01-17-2011, 12:02 PM
For everyone complaining about slater, isnt he using paydirt aka the 305 as a finisher now? it suits him pretty wel

Cynicism
01-17-2011, 01:37 PM
I think JoMo should move to the BME, he's athletic enough to hit it surely and its a smooth looking top rope move that uses momentum well

For some reason I cant see Slater locking in a submission, I think some sort of springboard move would be good, even just a springboard clothesline

R-Truth just bugs me, I don't tend to watch his matches

Barrett's looks fine to me

Tyler should have a powerful looking submission but as Master's has the Full Nelson I cant think of much to top it, maybe Boston Crab?

CobraNightviper
01-17-2011, 02:42 PM
is it just me or has wwe ran out of new finishers?

Lowki
01-17-2011, 05:25 PM
1) John Morrison- I like that hes got a more realistic finisher now, besides Starship Pain. The running knee to the head is a nice addition to his moveset. But I feel that its not athletic enough for Morrison. But lets keep it there, because it sure does look more impactful than the Starship Pain. I would like to see him hit a moonsault, like alexrules01 said. He would actually land on his opponent, instead of just graze them.

2) R-Truth- His finisher right now is a joke. Sometimes he barely touches his opponents, and they go down. It isn't realistic at all. He should definitely use the Scissors Kick, because I don't see Alicia Fox using it anymore(thank God! She was awful).

3) I'm glad that WWE made Slater change his finisher from Ziggler's Zigzag, to a frontal version. But its been used too many times before, and by about 3 wrestlers in WWE in less than 1 year. People who have used it that come to mind: Judias Mesias, Shelton Benjamin, and MVP. Slater needs something to call his own. For some reason I find it hard seeing him lock in a submission. I'm used to him doing moves out of nowhere lightning quick. Maybe a variation of the Boston Crab, or Armbar(not ADR's one, but a grounded one).

4) I agree that Barrett's move looks alot more painful than Cenas. But it doesn't look too painful. To make him more of a threat, he needs a more devastating finisher. Maybe a Dominator.

5) I don't mind Rek's move, despite the fact that the commentators call it a Burning Hammer, which it obviously isn't. But he could use a secondary finisher. I would like to see this as his finisher, as it suits his monster gimmick. Chuck Palumbo used it, and is now endeavored. The spinning sideslam. Here is a video of it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlMzpgMMNhE

One problem, the palumbo finisher is being used by Mason Ryan, who is due a call up to the main roster.

Personally i love the GTS. Sure it's watered down compared to it's japanese counterpart but it's still good.
1. Morrison or Bryan should have the Buzzsaw kick imo. Nothing looks more lethal than a kick to the head. I'm against giving him a super kick as there's too many HBK comparisons as it is and flattery doesn't get you far in the wrestling world as a carbon copy of a legend would eventually get boring. Maybe a shining wizard/drive by kick to pad out his moveset a little more?

2. Scissor kick all day!

3. For slater a quick move suits him. Maybe give him some recycled moves that can be hit fairly quickly and can be used on big guys during beatdowns/stealing wins - Fameasser/Lifting or normal (size depending) reverse DDT/X-factor or even Full nelson facebuster if young is released. For submissions i could see him doing a Queen angelito (sharpshooter style submission with opponents legs trapped by your own with your arms used to pull the opponents arms back like a surfboard.)

4.As well as the Wasteland, maybe giving him a TKO would add to his repetoire (take it off riley! he did it once on NXT and it was BAD). Two finishers would make him seem a bigger threat knowing he could do either from a fireman's carry position. I'm also surprised the muscle buster hasn't been used yet given Joe's popularity. Even give him Regals knee trembler would work as it looks brutal if done right. Special marks for dominator too.

5.Meltdown/Pumphandle slam (oklahoma style) would suit Reks if he had Bryan Clarks aggression. Surfboard-esque submission perhaps to fit his old surfer gimmick? Big boot would suit him too. Stalling suplex into a facebuster DDT.

Other finishers that i wouldn't mind seeing back on anyone:
Sky high (unlikely due to Drozs injury)
Rikishi driver/Greetings from asbury park
Albert Bomb(choke into a bomb)
Razors edge
Jacknife(powerbomb in general)

You won't see a piledriver come back so i don't know why people have mentioned it.

cainecollin
01-18-2011, 06:48 PM
"Greetings from Asbury Park/Rikishi Driver/etc" won't be back as it's a variation of the piledriver and very few people are permitted to do them (Kane/Taker) I mean Lawler was doing the Piledriver for years and even he isn't allowed to.

The Brown One
01-18-2011, 07:05 PM
One problem, the palumbo finisher is being used by Mason Ryan, who is due a call up to the main roster.

Personally i love the GTS. Sure it's watered down compared to it's japanese counterpart but it's still good.
1. Morrison or Bryan should have the Buzzsaw kick imo. Nothing looks more lethal than a kick to the head. I'm against giving him a super kick as there's too many HBK comparisons as it is and flattery doesn't get you far in the wrestling world as a carbon copy of a legend would eventually get boring. Maybe a shining wizard/drive by kick to pad out his moveset a little more?

2. Scissor kick all day!

3. For slater a quick move suits him. Maybe give him some recycled moves that can be hit fairly quickly and can be used on big guys during beatdowns/stealing wins - Fameasser/Lifting or normal (size depending) reverse DDT/X-factor or even Full nelson facebuster if young is released. For submissions i could see him doing a Queen angelito (sharpshooter style submission with opponents legs trapped by your own with your arms used to pull the opponents arms back like a surfboard.)

4.As well as the Wasteland, maybe giving him a TKO would add to his repetoire (take it off riley! he did it once on NXT and it was BAD). Two finishers would make him seem a bigger threat knowing he could do either from a fireman's carry position. I'm also surprised the muscle buster hasn't been used yet given Joe's popularity. Even give him Regals knee trembler would work as it looks brutal if done right. Special marks for dominator too.

5.Meltdown/Pumphandle slam (oklahoma style) would suit Reks if he had Bryan Clarks aggression. Surfboard-esque submission perhaps to fit his old surfer gimmick? Big boot would suit him too. Stalling suplex into a facebuster DDT.

Other finishers that i wouldn't mind seeing back on anyone:
Sky high (unlikely due to Drozs injury)
Rikishi driver/Greetings from asbury park
Albert Bomb(choke into a bomb)
Razors edge
Jacknife(powerbomb in general)

You won't see a piledriver come back so i don't know why people have mentioned it.

1) Bryan already does a kick to the head! Hes won matches with it in the WWE. But I do agree, it would suit Morrison's athletic parkour style.

3) I doubt that they would let Slater do such a complicated move as the Queen Angelito. Even I would rather see him hit a move out of nowhere, like the Paydirt hes hitting right now. But he needs something of his own-like Hennig. Some kind of DDT, or running move would be effective.

4) Dude I can totally see Barrett with a Knee Trembler! I think it would look far more effective than Morrison's knee to the head. The knee trembler looks like a knee to the temple, so it looks far more impactful than Morrison's knee to the head.

BTW I didn't know Mason used a spinning sideslam, until Raw last night! I only saw a little bit of his FCW work, and didn't see him use that move. So it was a surprise to me. I really wanted Reks to use something like that. But I'm glad Mason has a devestating move like that(assuming he doesn't screw it up).

Lowki
01-21-2011, 06:23 AM
To my list i forgot about Sheamus already doing the Razors edge!

1)That's true. It would be better to keep "kicks" on bryan though i think especially when he's already accomplished with them - therfore safer.

3)Yeah and the QA stretch would have to be used by someone "big". I can't remember the last time i ever saw it used so they'd have to put it on a future main eventer. Some kind of DDT would work with slater i guess...Although in all honesty i can't really see him sticking around once everything nexus has been finished. I'd watch for his name (with young and tarver) during the Post-Wrestlemania purge.

4)Yeah i love the knee trembler and it would give him that shock move like the head punt. Something he could hit from nowhere!

5)On raw i don't think he actually did the spin because on the videos i've seen, he's been really sloppy with it. So he kind of did a sit-out rock bottom.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-Rwe9JNs3s

Person before last poster - I know piledrivers are banned but a rikishi driver is hardly dangerous. It is pretty fake looking tbh so that probably rules that out with vince loving his kayfabe and everything.