PDA

View Full Version : Will Jerry "The King" Lawler FINALLY Get His Dream?

Rated_R(ob)KO
01-16-2011, 05:15 AM
He's always wanted to have a match at Wrestlemania. The only problem is, we know The Miz, even if he loses the Title at Rumble or Elimination Chamber will still be in the Title hunt. That really only leaves Alex Riley to have a match with at this juncture considering the feud. Do you think maybe The Miz will bring a Legend in to take on Lawler in the next few weeks? To take the proverbial "Thorn Out Of His Side"? And that lead to a Legends match at Mania? Hell, am I reading too much into this?

I certainly think he deserves to have his dream realized. He doesn't have much longer on the camera in THE 'E. They should give him that opportunity.

CMhuw24
01-16-2011, 05:47 AM
Maybe yes, the A-Ri idea suits well actually.
And after all he has been doing quite alot the recent few months, maybe it was getting him warmed up for WM.

HeelTurn
01-16-2011, 06:32 AM
It makes sense actually, he has been wrestling a lot lately, maybe theyll find a tag match to put him in.

Sinliner
01-16-2011, 06:39 AM
lawler vs cole - loser leaves anouncing

Zeka
01-16-2011, 06:42 AM
Michael Cole & The Miz vs. Jerry Lawler & Daniel Bryan

Maybe not at 'Mania but somewhere..

Sinliner
01-16-2011, 06:54 AM
Michael Cole & The Miz vs. Jerry Lawler & Daniel Bryan

Maybe not at 'Mania but somewhere..

that would be an awesome ppv filler

Pepsi Plunge
01-16-2011, 07:01 AM
No please not lawler he is soo boring!

CMhuw24
01-16-2011, 07:04 AM
No please not lawler he is soo boring!

I agree but its better than Michael Cole...

NightWolf
01-16-2011, 07:30 AM
He's always wanted to have a match at Wrestlemania. The only problem is, we know The Miz, even if he loses the Title at Rumble or Elimination Chamber will still be in the Title hunt. That really only leaves Alex Riley to have a match with at this juncture considering the feud. Do you think maybe The Miz will bring a Legend in to take on Lawler in the next few weeks? To take the proverbial "Thorn Out Of His Side"? And that lead to a Legends match at Mania? Hell, am I reading too much into this?

I certainly think he deserves to have his dream realized. He doesn't have much longer on the camera in THE 'E. They should give him that opportunity.

It would be the perfect send off for the guy. He has definitely been a huge asset to the WWE for a very long time now. However, if this match were to happen I would love for there to be stipulations to make the match more interesting.

Kashdinero
01-16-2011, 07:33 AM
If JR was in his corner, it would make it that much more special! A match with Jericho would be my first pick, obviously if Y2J is gonna be at Mania then he should be in a higher profile match, but these two could tell a great story to cover up Jerry's limitations. A match with A-Ry would be OK as a short match full of short cuts, but it's unfair to expect anything more from the Spinach Green Riley!

CMhuw24
01-16-2011, 07:54 AM
Jerry Lawler w/ Jim Ross vs Michael Cole w/Josh Mathews?
Thats surely a WM mainevent.

The Brown One
01-16-2011, 07:55 AM
If JR was in his corner, it would make it that much more special! A match with Jericho would be my first pick, obviously if Y2J is gonna be at Mania then he should be in a higher profile match, but these two could tell a great story to cover up Jerry's limitations. A match with A-Ry would be OK as a short match full of short cuts, but it's unfair to expect anything more from the Spinach Green Riley!

Like Steamboat, Lawler can still go..alot slower..but still. Would it even be possible with such little time, and no sign of Jericho?

Kashdinero
01-16-2011, 08:32 AM
Like Steamboat, Lawler can still go..alot slower..but still. Would it even be possible with such little time, and no sign of Jericho?

Its not like I think this match will happen, that was just my ideal situation for Jerry's Mania match. Call it a dream match, if you will.

Tommy Thunder
01-16-2011, 08:43 AM
I think it's odds on that Lawler will be having a match at Mania this year. With the amount of on screen and in-ring time he's been getting lately, it's pretty obvious to me that they're warming him up for a match at Mania. The looser leaves announcing idea is intriguing, as apparently they're lining up Josh Matthews as a long term replacement for King, hence the reason why Matthews has been getting more time at the announce table recently.

evilash
01-16-2011, 09:46 AM
I would expect King Sheamus to start a feud with Jerry "the King" Lawler pretty soon. Then when "the King of Kings" Triple H return to fight Sheamus, we'd have a "King's Throne Match"...or something weird like that.

"King of Kings" Triple H vs. King Sheamus vs. Jerry "The King" Lawler in a Triple-Threat Match.

This way, it will add something new to the Triple H/Sheamus rivalry and give Jerry Lawler a high-profile match at Mania'.

SgtGohan
01-16-2011, 10:53 AM
i honestly think lawler is past his time now, yes he should have had his match years ago. but its to late now if ya ask me it will just be dissapointing.

Los Conquistador
01-16-2011, 12:34 PM
with WWE planning a money in the bank for Wrestlemania
What if they put King in

we saw his performance against Miz in TLC
MITB would just lightin the load for him really

Stump
01-16-2011, 02:19 PM
Id like to see Lawler vs Cole, but I dont see it as WM quality. What I'd really love is Lawler & JR vs. Cole & Miz

Adam Bomb II
01-16-2011, 02:29 PM
i honestly think lawler is past his time now, yes he should have had his match years ago. but its to late now if ya ask me it will just be dissapointing.

If they can have Bret Hart beat up VKM with a chair for fifteen minutes last year in the squared circle, then surely they can find something productive for the King to do as well. :D

CobraNightviper
01-16-2011, 03:59 PM
I don't see Lawler taking on the Miz at mania though.

Danny Des
01-17-2011, 10:14 AM
lawler vs cole - loser leaves anouncing

omg yes!!!

SgtGohan
01-17-2011, 10:47 AM
If they can have Bret Hart beat up VKM with a chair for fifteen minutes last year in the squared circle, then surely they can find something productive for the King to do as well. :D

well it was not like i really enjoyed that, but yes they certainly can. i also certainly hope they dont

Adam Bomb II
01-17-2011, 10:57 AM
well it was not like i really enjoyed that, but yes they certainly can. i also certainly hope they dont

I dont hope so either. After watching the TLC match between Lawler and Miz, it shows that it should be possible to tell a great story in the ring while making The King look good, in spite of his age and ring rust. I wouldnt mind seeing Lawler in a similar setup at WM. I think I heard a while ago that Cole was training to take bumps, so maybe the two of them could provide some decent filler with something big on the line?

Rated_R(ob)KO
01-18-2011, 10:14 AM
I dont hope so either. After watching the TLC match between Lawler and Miz, it shows that it should be possible to tell a great story in the ring while making The King look good, in spite of his age and ring rust. I wouldnt mind seeing Lawler in a similar setup at WM. I think I heard a while ago that Cole was training to take bumps, so maybe the two of them could provide some decent filler with something big on the line?

Ring rust? The man has never stopped wrestling. Granted, it may not have been on the big WWE stage until December of last year but, he never stopped wrestling.

Bodom
01-18-2011, 10:32 AM
Ring rust? The man has never stopped wrestling. Granted, it may not have been on the big WWE stage until December of last year but, he never stopped wrestling.

The man deserves something at least...........just not against Miz :D

Adam Bomb II
01-18-2011, 10:46 AM

Hehe, true. Point taken! :D

C_Dogg024
01-19-2011, 05:58 AM
Ok guys bare with me here but, What if Lawler WINS the Roal Rumble!!! that would set him up to main event wrestlemania.

The Brown One
01-19-2011, 06:01 AM
The Miz vs Jerry Lawler at WM(non title). While they have Randy vs Jericho for the WWE title. I'd really hate to see this. Miz should be in the main event.