PDA

View Full Version : Who Will Miss Out On Wrestlemania

Robstar
01-16-2011, 04:08 AM
I was just commenting on likely Wrestlemania lineups and since it's just over 2 months away, I'm wondering who we all think will miss out on a match at Wrestlemania? because it came to my attention that WWE has a more beefed up roster now and have been pushing people like crazy.

So as opposed to setting out your Wrestlemania card, just suggest what big names you think will get a match and who will miss out on competing on this years Grandest Stage Of All.

My picks;
MISS OUT -
I highly doubt there will be a Diva championship match, if there is it will be dark and possibly a battle royal.
Same goes for the tag belts as Santino and Kozlov aren't WM worthy
Rey Mysterio
Big Show
R-Truth

MAKE IT -
Brodus Clay - I think he'll win NXT and take his title match at WM
Sheamus
Tyler Reks - put him in MITB. Give this guy a chance.

SaberToothTigerz
01-16-2011, 04:24 AM
tyler reks is zero
complete nada lol
that guy wont impress me..he just cant cut it..
but yea i see big show out of it, i dont know where rey mysterio will be fitting in all of this..
and r truth is boring as hell
i guess i agree with u except the tyler reks part

Rated_R(ob)KO
01-16-2011, 04:33 AM
I was just commenting on likely Wrestlemania lineups and since it's just over 2 months away, I'm wondering who we all think will miss out on a match at Wrestlemania? because it came to my attention that WWE has a more beefed up roster now and have been pushing people like crazy.

So as opposed to setting out your Wrestlemania card, just suggest what big names you think will get a match and who will miss out on competing on this years Grandest Stage Of All.

My picks;
MISS OUT -
I highly doubt there will be a Diva championship match, if there is it will be dark and possibly a battle royal.
Same goes for the tag belts as Santino and Kozlov aren't WM worthy
Rey Mysterio
Big Show
R-Truth

MAKE IT -
Brodus Clay - I think he'll win NXT and take his title match at WM
Sheamus
Tyler Reks - put him in MITB. Give this guy a chance.

Disagree obviously. I think the Divas Championship will be defended by Natty against Phoenix. Their "buddy, buddy" thing will either turn ugly or turn into a nice friendly feud which will in turn result in a WM match. Mysterio, Truth and Show will be in WM. They don't have any feuds really that elevate to anything so that means they'll end up in MiTB. Reks and Clay? Hell no. Nowhere NEAR WM worthy.

Kashdinero
01-16-2011, 05:02 AM
Whoever win's NXT receives a shot at the Tag Title's with their pro, which kind of sucks as I don't see any good pairing's. If Brodus does win, it might work out short term with Ted berating the giant prospect at every opportunity, until he finally flip's his lid and destroys Ted!

Also, A Daniel Bryan match is seeming more and more unlikely! He's slipping further and further down the card with each week that passes, this deal with the Bella's is doing him no favours IMO

MITB has run it's course at wrestlemania also, and I hope it's left out this year, in favour of a new and exciting concept, that can incorporate 6-8 mid-level performer's. Not saying that there's no milage left in the gimmick, just that it should be left to it's exclusive PPV. Unlike Hell in a Cell, which should be reserved as a feud ender, rather than a PPV format.

CMhuw24
01-16-2011, 05:45 AM
Yeahh sorry i dont see Brodus Clay or Tyler Reks having any match at WM, neither of the two have had enough impact or showing time.

But i do see Rey, Big Show and R-Truth, im guessing Big Show will put someone over i hope, and for Rey, mostly another win.

Rated_R(ob)KO
01-16-2011, 05:48 AM
Yeahh sorry i dont see Brodus Clay or Tyler Reks having any match at WM, neither of the two have had enough impact or showing time.

But i do see Rey, Big Show and R-Truth, im guessing Big Show will put someone over i hope, and for Rey, mostly another win.

I dunno about another win for Rey, Rey. But seriously since he's been there, that's another BIG streak at Mania... that streak is "Who will Rey dress up as this year? It's just not the same without it nowadays. Gotta have him be something from pop culture within the last year.

CMhuw24
01-16-2011, 05:50 AM
I dunno about another win for Rey, Rey. But seriously since he's been there, that's another BIG streak at Mania... that streak is "Who will Rey dress up as this year? It's just not the same without it nowadays. Gotta have him be something from pop culture within the last year.

Yeahh but who would he feud with? Cody Rhodes? Drew McIntyre? Ziggler?
If he was to feud with Cody or Ziggles i can see him losing, but if its Mcintyre i see him winning.

And maybe Rey will dress up as Justin Beiber this year...

Rated_R(ob)KO
01-16-2011, 05:55 AM
If he was to feud with Cody or Ziggles i can see him losing, but if its Mcintyre i see him winning.

Dear God no.

CMhuw24
01-16-2011, 06:00 AM
What else can he be though?
Maybe Harry Potter? XD

Rated_R(ob)KO
01-16-2011, 06:02 AM
What else can he be though?
Maybe Harry Potter? XD

http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/showthread.php?3816-What-Will-Rey-s-WrestleMania-Costume-Be-This-Year

Robstar
01-16-2011, 06:06 AM
I think Rey should retire to be honest. But maybe he could dress up as Lady Gaga. I forgot about that tag title thing for NXT - not that I have been watching it much, just hoping to see Vickie. What if Kong got in on the Divas match? Also forgot that now they have MITB PPV, that it won't feature at WM! I guess my brain was only half working. I only suggested Reks as a possible MITB entrant, much better than R-Truth.

Rated_R(ob)KO
01-16-2011, 06:09 AM
I think Rey should retire to be honest. But maybe he could dress up as Lady Gaga. I forgot about that tag title thing for NXT - not that I have been watching it much, just hoping to see Vickie. What if Kong got in on the Divas match? Also forgot that now they have MITB PPV, that it won't feature at WM! I guess my brain was only half working. I only suggested Reks as a possible MITB entrant, much better than R-Truth.

WRONG! See... at MiTB, you can only win the matches for THAT brand. At Wrestlemania, you can go after either. They said at the conference call that MiTB will still be featured in Wrestlemania this year as well as have its own PPV.

Robstar
01-16-2011, 06:12 AM
WRONG! See... at MiTB, you can only win the matches for THAT brand. At Wrestlemania, you can go after either. They said at the conference call that MiTB will still be featured in Wrestlemania this year as well as have its own PPV.

We'll see then won't we? (what's the conference call?)

Rated_R(ob)KO
01-16-2011, 06:17 AM
We'll see then won't we? (what's the conference call?)

THE 'E does a quarterly conference call with stock investors and the like. Usually the call is recorded and a transcript can be found on many wrestling sites afterward. During the last conference call the person in charge stated that MiTB would continue as a PPV and would also be featured at WrestleMania. And then she went on to state the difference between the matches. And then stated as to why "Over The Limit" wasn't returning.

They go over all points in THE 'E's business model and everythign in between. The conference calls usually last anywhere from an hour to potentially 3 hours all depending on questions from investors and the like.

NightWolf
01-16-2011, 06:20 AM
MISSING OUT?:

Zack Ryder.
Evan Bourne.
Trent Baretta.
Chris Masters.
Goldust.
Tyler Reks.
Drew McIntyre.
JTG.
Primo.
David Hart Smith.
Chavo Guerrero.
The Great Khali.
Hornswoggle.

I really hope I am wrong about some of those names. :(

HeelTurn
01-16-2011, 06:25 AM
No way will the WWE leave Show and Mysterio off the card, Show may end up facing Barrett or Jackson, Mysterio may have an IC title match, Truth will end up in mitb. I see Ted being left out, unless they decide to do a 12 man mitb match.

Robstar
01-16-2011, 06:26 AM
MISSING OUT?:

Zack Ryder.
Evan Bourne.
Trent Baretta.
Chris Masters.
Goldust.
Tyler Reks.
Drew McIntyre.
JTG.
Primo.
David Hart Smith.
Chavo Guerrero.
The Great Khali.
Hornswoggle.

I really hope I am wrong about some of those names. :(

With the exception of the highlighted one, I meant BIG names ;)

Robstar
01-16-2011, 06:29 AM
THE 'E does a quarterly conference call with stock investors and the like. Usually the call is recorded and a transcript can be found on many wrestling sites afterward. During the last conference call the person in charge stated that MiTB would continue as a PPV and would also be featured at WrestleMania. And then she went on to state the difference between the matches. And then stated as to why "Over The Limit" wasn't returning.

They go over all points in THE 'E's business model and everythign in between. The conference calls usually last anywhere from an hour to potentially 3 hours all depending on questions from investors and the like.

Gee sorry, I didn't get the memo or even knew it existed. I humbly apologise for making you read something that was so wrong. I hope your eyes can recover in time

Rated_R(ob)KO
01-16-2011, 06:32 AM
Gee sorry, I didn't get the memo or even knew it existed. I humbly apologise for making you read something that was so wrong. I hope your eyes can recover in time

LMAO!!! You know what... I got nothing. You win this round... Nega Rob.

Robstar
01-16-2011, 06:34 AM
LMAO!!! You know what... I got nothing. You win this round... Nega Rob.

All in good fun friend ;)

Rated_R(ob)KO
01-16-2011, 06:36 AM
All in good fun friend ;)

Totally obvious there, killer. :)

cubco
01-16-2011, 06:49 AM
If Brodus Clay wins NXT and uses his title shot at Mania, then Santino and Kozlov will be at Mania ...

The Brown One
01-16-2011, 07:50 AM

If Brodus Clay wins NXT and uses his title shot at Mania, then Santino and Kozlov will be at Mania ...

I actually think that Curtis has a greater chance of winning it. Hes been winning several competitions on NXT, and matches. Whilst Brodus is not. And hes got the pro that the crowd goes nuts for the most, because he goes for cheap pops, and is a one line wonder-R-Truth.

Tommy Thunder
01-16-2011, 08:32 AM
I'd like Rey and Truth to be in MITB. I don't want either to win it, but both are great high flying wrestlers that bring excitement to the match, especially Rey.
Show will put someone over.
Reks still needs some work for me. He has potential, but he's not ready for Mania yet.
And as for Clay, no. Again, not ready for Mania.

Wedge_00
01-16-2011, 09:25 AM
It's going to get interesting over who will get left out from the Wrestlemania.
I think Rey, has been under performing lately and I don't think he should be in Wrestlemania- also who would he go up against? Same goes for the Big Show ( I think he has been performing lately though) but once again no clear match for him yet. I can imagine a large feud match with the Faces of WWE fighting the large more dangerous Nexus across both brands.

Daniel Bryan has been left in the cold lately; there could be a little more interest in the Us title but nothing has been happening lately.

I think this Wrestlemania could have some stellar matches though- CM Punk vs Cena, Edge Vs Christian and if miracles happen we could see Sting Vs Undertaker? (Just dreaming) and even Morrison vs Miz.. So if they are smart they will try to run these matches so everything else could almost fall by the wayside... If Triple H returns, then they could have a fatal three way with Randy Orton and Sheamus?

I think Santino and Koslov will in be in it though, Tag Team title match. The NXT pair to win it- especially if it is dibiase's rookie wins.

I'd like to see what is going to happen with Swagger, Kofi and Zeke- even Ted Dibiase and Cody Rhodes even also Ziggler...
Maybe MITB? If it is I can imagine Ziggler winning it... With his tempo at the moment.

I imagine Kane won't be in it, same for Regal maybe even Mcintrye unless he gets a real big push again- but I think Ziggler has his steam right now..

The Hart's to miss out too; the tag team was there only strength going for them..

CobraNightviper
01-16-2011, 03:56 PM
I hope Taker heals in time for mania.

sXeKid
01-16-2011, 06:16 PM
I hope Taker heals in time for mania.

We all do brah

I say wait and give him a big match at WM 28 tho he wont be near 100%