PDA

View Full Version : Should Vince Mcmahon create a 3rd brand?

NightWolf
09-09-2010, 08:55 PM
I have been playing with this idea for over a year now. I think that the WWE should start hiring a lot of new talent for a new brand where we could see the likes of Christian, MVP, Kofi Kingston, and those other guys who are being held back by backstage politics end up excelling on this new brand as main eventers with the mid carders an such consisting of entirely new faces. My idea is similar to NXT but not AS stupid. I think this 3rd brand could be a great idea, and should be given a Tv-13 or 14 rating so that the WWE could PLEASE both kinds of fans. I have nothing against the PG rating. I just really enjoy WWE's Tv-14 writing style, and miss it a lot. Particularly for me being 90's-2004 as my favorite years of wrestling. I would like to see the crusherweight division back, and a set of new titles, and a whole entirely different creative team for this brand.

This is a 'just for fun' discussion so state your ideas. Maybe a wrestler or creative member from WWE would stumble upon this an make it a reality..

Belzova
09-09-2010, 09:18 PM
Its a good idea but how would wwe cover all of this financially? I heard they were suffering for awhile with Raw an sd.

eyehatecena
09-09-2010, 09:32 PM
They took a known brand ECW, ruined its memory, let all of its original members go or leave. They do not need another brand.. If the put FCW on something like SyFi, WGN or some other national cable channel.....and just not say its connected to the WWE in anyway.

SilverGhost
09-10-2010, 02:12 AM
NXT that is all

AGEOFFALL
09-10-2010, 03:15 AM
They tried it before. Didn't go over so well.

bcfccalum
09-10-2010, 06:30 AM
no point, there was obviously something not going right if they pulled the third brand (ECW) earlier this year, whats the point of taking down a 3rd brand just to put another back up

TheDevilsAdvocate
09-10-2010, 07:18 AM
You guys are forgetting that ECW was destroyed on purpose. See, ECW kicked ass until' Heyman left. Heyman protected it. It was formerly his SHOW so Vince let him do pretty much whatever he wanted. An the idea of a 3rd brand is stupid. Just look at NXT. All 3 seasons have been a waste of my time, and it's a miracle that the show is even still being aired. It's making the last few days of ECW look good. They should just focus on making SD! an Raw look better.

Ruggy
09-10-2010, 10:50 AM
I have said it before and I will say it again.... WWE and WCW should have been kept seperate with their seperate rosters and seperate titles. Same to be said with ECW..... Obviously you could have had a draft every year, but WWE ruined wrestling with the invasion and basically decimated the brands, especially WCW.

DirtySteal
09-10-2010, 01:23 PM
Yes.

He should make a brand called The Cenation Brand. He can have Cena on it Vs legitimate superstars who are entertaining in matches, where he gets his ass kicked, then somehow over comes dangerous amounts of damage and enters SuperCena mode and makes everyone cry in agony with the STF. Then he can constantly use the same awful joke he's used for weeks on end about Sheamus while he sells brightly coloured shirts to kids.

Oh wait, they've got a show like that. Its called RAW.

But seriously, No.

DXsuckit
09-10-2010, 02:12 PM
a thrid brand does sound good, but the problem is they are unifying titles, so they wont make a 3rd brand. they would be waisting thier talent even more unless they go to the point where when unifying title any superstar can be on any show. that probably wont happen either. and as going for the tv 13 or 14 thats not gonna work because serioulsy WWE only has a handfull of stars that would be fun to wacth in hardcore macths. Kane, HHH, taker, Orton edge big show all the other already have the nice guy or the im better then you or the kid money maker. so this is kinda pointless to create a 3rd brand from the WWEs point of view

AceOfSpades
09-10-2010, 02:21 PM
I think if there is a third brand..it should be only cruiserweights and light-heavyweights and have Vince bring back the Cruiserweight and Hardcore titles and have it as the High Risk..."Extreme Brand." Like ECW should have been. Have people like Rey Mysterio, Kaval, Kofi, Daniel Bryan, Evan Bourne, Chavo, Primo, Dolph, Cody, Justin Gabriel, Heath Slater, Morrison, R-Truth, Santino, etc...i mean have like ppv quality matches on "free tv." They should still appear on RAW and SD! but have their own show on like wednesday or so. IMO

xAzureSkye
09-10-2010, 02:35 PM
after NXT Season 3 ends, WWE should definitely create a new brand instead of bringing back a 4th Season. IMO you are right about having that certain brand as TV-14 b'cos we all know what the older fans want. blood, hardcore matches & Divas in bikinis.. i say bring about a new brand, not ECW, but give it a different name, a decent name people would like :)

Mr Perfect
09-10-2010, 02:40 PM
You guys are forgetting that ECW was destroyed on purpose. See, ECW kicked ass until' Heyman left. Heyman protected it. It was formerly his SHOW so Vince let him do pretty much whatever he wanted. An the idea of a 3rd brand is stupid. Just look at NXT. All 3 seasons have been a waste of my time, and it's a miracle that the show is even still being aired. It's making the last few days of ECW look good. They should just focus on making SD! an Raw look better.

Agree, they have a hard enough time keeping RAW interesting week in and week out.

AGEOFFALL
09-10-2010, 03:04 PM
The fall of WWECW started around the time Bobby Lashley won the title.

SilverGhost
09-11-2010, 11:46 AM
I think if there is a third brand..it should be only cruiserweights and light-heavyweights and have Vince bring back the Cruiserweight and Hardcore titles and have it as the High Risk..."Extreme Brand." Like ECW should have been. Have people like Rey Mysterio, Kaval, Kofi, Daniel Bryan, Evan Bourne, Chavo, Primo, Dolph, Cody, Justin Gabriel, Heath Slater, Morrison, R-Truth, Santino, etc...i mean have like ppv quality matches on "free tv." They should still appear on RAW and SD! but have their own show on like wednesday or so. IMO

This I like. High-flying and hardcore. Hell, WWE should start partnerships with other wrestling promotions from Mexico and Japan to make this work. But this is WWE.....and they don't share.

AceOfSpades
09-11-2010, 01:55 PM
This I like. High-flying and hardcore. Hell, WWE should start partnerships with other wrestling promotions from Mexico and Japan to make this work. But this is WWE.....and they don't share.

yeah...i think tht if they gave this brand a different identity from RAW and SD it would succeed. Things we dont see on SD and RAW, this could be tht outlet. Like the Extreme Rules match Christian and Tommy Dreamer had its very possible for WWE to do this. or instead of having regular matches have this brand matches always be a No DQ one. rather it be a singles or tag it comes with the brads identity tht is always No DQ

AGEOFFALL
09-11-2010, 02:40 PM
yeah...i think tht if they gave this brand a different identity from RAW and SD it would succeed. Things we dont see on SD and RAW, this could be tht outlet. Like the Extreme Rules match Christian and Tommy Dreamer had its very possible for WWE to do this. or instead of having regular matches have this brand matches always be a No DQ one. rather it be a singles or tag it comes with the brads identity tht is always No DQ

But they tried that with the ecw brand and then after two months stopped doing it.

lucky7pointman
09-11-2010, 05:56 PM
Its a good idea but how would wwe cover all of this financially? I heard they were suffering for awhile with Raw an sd.

Thank u finally someone know how the real wrestling world work lol

lucky7pointman
09-11-2010, 08:18 PM
after NXT Season 3 ends, WWE should definitely create a new brand instead of bringing back a 4th Season. IMO you are right about having that certain brand as TV-14 b'cos we all know what the older fans want. blood, hardcore matches & Divas in bikinis.. i say bring about a new brand, not ECW, but give it a different name, a decent name people would like :)

Lol u serious wwe is making money cuz the family value come on my lil cuz is wearing wwe product so u got to focus wat make the money

lucky7pointman
09-11-2010, 08:25 PM

Yeah u right seeing 2 to 5 wwe stars get injury every week cuz that brand got no dq it like u forgot they r human

AGEOFFALL
09-12-2010, 12:10 AM
Yeah u right seeing 2 to 5 wwe stars get injury every week cuz that brand got no dq it like u forgot they r human

amateurs get injured.

SilverGhost
09-12-2010, 07:08 AM
amateurs get injured.

also....BOTCHFEST!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GczGS0UAhc

AGEOFFALL
09-12-2010, 07:45 PM
also....BOTCHFEST!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GczGS0UAhc

that was hilarious.

SilverGhost
09-12-2010, 10:59 PM
I'll be here....for as long as I can....

Anyways the 3rd brand should be a high flying concept of something.

AGEOFFALL
09-13-2010, 03:26 AM
I'll be here....for as long as I can....

Anyways the 3rd brand should be a high flying concept of something.

tna should have done that when they had the chance.

TheDevilsAdvocate
09-13-2010, 03:39 AM
tna should have done that when they had the chance.

They did do that. They also killed it too.

RIP X-Division!!

AGEOFFALL
09-13-2010, 03:45 AM
They did do that. They also killed it too.

RIP X-Division!!

now i meant a better job.