PDA

View Full Version : Which rivalry was better: E&C-Hardyz-Dudleyz or Bret Hart-Owen Hart?

xStraightxEdgexSaviorx
01-16-2011, 01:09 AM
Want to get this match-up posted tonight before I fall asleep, so I will post the poll and give you guys a few vids to watch, but I'll do my write-up and post my thoughts on the match-up tomorrow when I wake up.

If I'm not mistaken, this is the first TLC match in WWE history and if it's not the first it's certainly one of the best. Really cool spots in this one as always:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjQ5cUc8ssU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g53W5tXWcfw&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

Here is imo, one of the best Wrestlemania matches ever, and an outstanding technical showcase between two legends:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A216xpgIQ_k

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0d8XhzMDAeQ&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

Part 3:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2z2m2AKBmM (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2z2m2AKBmM)

MattElder
01-16-2011, 03:59 AM
I know ill be against it here but im going for E&C,Dudleys, hardys Hart vs Hart is legandry but will be fogotton as time goes by,where as TLC will be around forever

Kashdinero
01-16-2011, 07:52 AM
Brothers v "Brothers" v "Brothers" or Brother v Brother. I'm going against the plural and going with Stu's most gifted sons....

E&C v Dudleyz v Hardyz was all kinds of fantastic though. There were so many great matches, but the story lines were not all that entertaining. Not that they really needed them all they needed was a ladder or a table (or a diva to put through a table!), but that's the thing with these guys is,if there wasn't a ladder or table around, their matches fell short of expectations. Loved this era of awesome tag teams. Spike, Lita and Rhyno's involvement only sweetened the deal.

But its the emotional involvement of the Hart v Hart feud that tips this in their favour for me. The Harts will always hold a higher place in wrestling legend than Edge, Christian, Matt, Jeff, Buh-Buh and D-Von IMO.

Tommy Thunder
01-16-2011, 09:10 AM
Like Matt Elder said, those TLC matches will be remembered forever. Although Bret vs Owen was a technical master class, You can't ignore those amazing TLC matches. Those 3 tag teams created the legacy of the TLC, no to mention that all 3 are 3 of the best tag teams ever. Hardys vs E&C vs Duddleys for me.

xStraightxEdgexSaviorx
01-16-2011, 12:45 PM
This is yet another interesting match-up as we have what could be the biggest spot-fest in pro wrestling history vs. two technicians dukeing it out to see who the top dog is in the family. Again, I think this one will come down to preference. Do you like high spots, or technical wrestling? We'll find out!

My opinion:

Wrestling edge: Bret vs. Owen. What can I say, technical wrestling will always be my preference. I love spot matches too, but somehow I always feel like they lack substance. Does anyone else feel this way, or is it just me?

Promo edge: Bret vs. Owen. While the triple threat tag matches were elite matches, they didn't do a whole lot in terms of promos. Even two great talkers (E&C) couldn't get a great promo out of the Dudleyz or Hardyz, so most of the matches were just for the sake of having them. Hart vs. Hart had excellent promos though. There was a story being told both inside AND outside the ring, and it made the storyline look so believable.

Longevity: E&C vs. Hardyz vs. Dudleyz. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I think both feuds only lasted for about 2 years, and the tag teams had more matches against each other than the Harts.

"Holy shit" moments. E&C vs. Hardyz vs. Dudleyz. This one was obvious, as all the tag matches they had were legendary spot-fests. However, I would like to say that even though the Hart's matches weren't the high spots like the A.E. tag teams, their promos were full of "holy shit" moments for me. Even the Brother v Brother concept was fresh and unique.

Impact. E&C vs. Hardyz vs. Dudleyz. This one was close, but I take off points for Hart v Hart because Owen never got the big push that he deserved after the feud with Bret dissolved. Not only that, but E&C/Hardyz/Dudleyz took the tag-team division AND spot wrestling to a whole other level, and they all made names for themselves afterwords. Edge, Jeff Hardy, and even Christian and Matt Hardy to a lesser extent all got singles pushes after their TLC matches, and their efforts in those matches are still talked about today. If the main events during the Attitude Era were the building blocks for success, than the tag-team division was the glue that held it all together. I really do think that w/o the E&C/Hardyz/Dudleyz, the Attitude Era wouldn't have been nearly as successful as it was, even with the likes of Rock, SCSA, Trips, and Foley at the main stage.

Overall: E&C vs. Hardyz vs. Dudleyz. This was another close one for me, but the impact that these guys made on wrestling was too much to overcome for Owen and Bret. If Owen had gotten just one World Title push, I probably would have voted otherwise, but as it is, the tag-teams meant more to the industry and thus get my vote.

thejman93
01-16-2011, 01:48 PM
If Bret-Owen would've gone on longer I would've voted for them. E&C vs. Hardyz vs. Dudleyz made spotfests awesome and created a whole new brand of tag-team wrestling.

THE_CRIPPLER
01-16-2011, 07:09 PM
Without a Doubt it Was Bret and Owen Hart..... there WrestleMania 10 match is without a doubt one of the top 5 matches Ever, the more time goes on the worse TLC ages, but Bret vs Owen matches get better and better...... plus Bret vs Owen led storyline wise to Owen Hart becoming the King of Harts, the incredible SS 94 match and lets not forget it was a big part in reforming the Hart foundation and that groups feud with Shawn Michaels, Austin and all the faces of The WWF which carried the WWF and kept it from going under...... so lasting appeal goes to Hart and Hart. Matches go to Hart and Hart. to me there is no comparison

The Brown One
01-16-2011, 08:37 PM
For me, this one goes to Bret-Owen. Because it had a hell of alot of technical wrestling, which I love. The E&C-Hardyz-Dudleyz rivalry was also great, because it took spots to a new level, and showed the fan's WWEs first TLC match. It also gave each of the wrestlers involved alot of respect, and garnered them many fans that they still have to this day. However, the Bret and Owen feud seemed more real. It had much better promos, and those 2 could tell a story in the ring, without having to use foreign objects.

xStraightxEdgexSaviorx
01-18-2011, 04:46 PM
This is getting ridiculous. All of these are clearly too close to call!! Yet another tie in this match-up, and yet again both rivalries advance.

The Brown One
01-18-2011, 05:06 PM
I think we need more people to vote. That way you could get an uneven number for 1 of the rivalries, and only 1 can advance like it should be.

xStraightxEdgexSaviorx
01-18-2011, 05:38 PM
That would help Brownie, but how can get more people to vote? I can't exactly force people to vote and I think I'm doing all I can to "market" the tournaments so to speak. Do you have any ideas on how to get more people to vote? This question was to everyone btw, not just Brown One.