PDA

View Full Version : Mr. Anderson

NexSES
01-15-2011, 03:56 PM
Hello, EWN community. I am a new member here so I'm not quite sure if there has been a post about this subject yet. Soo please bare with me.

Anderson obviously doesn't like the TNA Heavyweight Championship. After he beat Jeff at Genesis, Hebner tried giving him the belt but many times he just ignored it. And if you saw the intro to impact last week you would see that he doesn't like it. He said that's not a belt, just a stupid drawing Hardy came up with. He then went on to say he could crap out something better than that. Anyways, my question is, what do you guys think is gonna happen with the belt? It's not just gonna get tossed out as it was far too expensive, $18,000 I think(please correct me if I'm wrong) this belt was obviously meant for Hardy as it has his face all over it. So do you think Hardy will regain the belt or will they just toss it and get a new one or the old one back?

Automatic
01-15-2011, 04:46 PM
If he doesn't go to jail, he will probably get his belt back, I think
OMG what an ugly belt...

HeelTurn
01-15-2011, 04:50 PM
Yeah they could always reuse it if and whenever he regains the belt.

Iron Ape
01-15-2011, 04:52 PM
Does Anderson usually make several errors during the course of every promo that he does? I tuned in for a bit on Thursday night, and he was flubbing lines and saying things that didn't make sense left and right. It was kind of awful, actually.

The Brown One
01-15-2011, 04:57 PM
I think that they will let Anderson carry around the real TNA belt(the old one). And the Immortal one will be stored somewhere so that once Jeff returns, he can win the title, and use his version. It really does look odd on anyone except for Jeff Hardy.

Iron Ape
01-15-2011, 05:02 PM
I think that they will let Anderson carry around the real TNA belt(the old one). And the Immortal one will be stored somewhere so that once Jeff returns, he can win the title, and use his version. It really does look odd on anyone except for Jeff Hardy.
It doesn't just look odd; it looks downright awful. The Knockouts have a manlier looking title than that.

HeelTurn
01-15-2011, 05:10 PM
Does Anderson usually make several errors during the course of every promo that he does? I tuned in for a bit on Thursday night, and he was flubbing lines and saying things that didn't make sense left and right. It was kind of awful, actually.

He never in WWE, but maybe thats the TNA effect kicking in.

The Brown One
01-15-2011, 05:45 PM
It doesn't just look odd; it looks downright awful. The Knockouts have a manlier looking title than that.

That we can agree on fully.

Mikeyboy7777777
01-15-2011, 05:50 PM
abyss could use the immortal belt as toilet paper since he is the monster and one tough SOB in real life but for god's sake get the original belt back please it just looked more like TNA instead of the makers were high when they made this look:D

Iron Ape
01-15-2011, 05:52 PM
He never in WWE, but maybe thats the TNA effect kicking in.
Yeah, I think I was even a bit of a fan when he first popped up on the scene in WWE, and a big part of that was because of his mic skills. Then he kept disappearing and coming back, then disappearing and coming back, and I somehow lost a sense of who he was in all of the confusion. But catching back up with him on Impact, he doesn't seem like the same verbal talent that I remember, like at all.

As far as his actual wrestling goes, he never impressed me with anything in WWE, and I never quite grasped why he was hyped the way he was (people were calling him the next Stone Cold, and I just kind of wanted to slap those folks silly). Then he showed up at a TNA PPV to fight Abyss and that was...excuse the unintentional pun...abysmal. I haven't been super thrilled with anything that I've seen of him since, either.

HeelTurn
01-15-2011, 05:54 PM
Yeah, I think I was even a bit of a fan when he first popped up on the scene in WWE, and a big part of that was because of his mic skills. Then he kept disappearing and coming back, then disappearing and coming back, and I somehow lost a sense of who he was in all of the confusion. But catching back up with him on Impact, he doesn't seem like the same verbal talent that I remember, like at all.

As far as his actual wrestling goes, he never impressed me with anything in WWE, and I never quite grasped why he was hyped the way he was (people were calling him the next Stone Cold, and I just kind of wanted to slap those folks silly). Then he showed up at a TNA PPV to fight Abyss and that was...excuse the unintentional pun...abysmal. I haven't been super thrilled with anything that I've seen of him since, either.

I used to be a huge fan of him in the WWE when hes was beating all the former world champs, but then with all the injuries and moving him from brand to brand I lost interest to. Shame really i remember Booker T etc seemingly loosing interest in wrestling when they joined TNA.

Rich Cranium
01-15-2011, 06:05 PM
Maybe Anderson's speech is due to the concussion he received.

Rich Cranium
01-15-2011, 06:18 PM
That immortal belt does look girlish on Anderson!

A.Graham
01-15-2011, 06:38 PM
Maybe it's because he has to think up his own speeches now, TNA just interview people and get their first reactions, WWE are more rehearsed and the promos are wrote for them (well most of them) So maybe TNA just need to organise the promos a bit better.

Iron Ape
01-15-2011, 07:38 PM
Maybe it's because he has to think up his own speeches now, TNA just interview people and get their first reactions, WWE are more rehearsed and the promos are wrote for them (well most of them) So maybe TNA just need to organise the promos a bit better.
That might have a lot to do with it. I also thought The Pope was pretty good on the stick, but even his promo the other night was sort of terrible, too.

A.Graham
01-15-2011, 08:06 PM
I think they need to put more effort into organising the promos and it will help a lot, it'll stop the stars from having to think on the spot.

The Brown One
01-15-2011, 08:12 PM

I think that Anderson has had his share of good matches in TNA. He can put on a good match when hes in the ring with the right wrestlers. Remember last year, when he had matches with Angle? I loved those.

HeelTurn
01-15-2011, 08:23 PM
I think that Anderson has had his share of good matches in TNA. He can put on a good match when hes in the ring with the right wrestlers. Remember last year, when he had matches with Angle? I loved those.

Angle can have a good match with anyone, but yeah Anderson can go in the ring.

SilverGhost
01-16-2011, 12:32 AM
Anderson.....I do admit that he can talk and he is good at it but his move set could be a bit more....better.

I can't really explain it but he just needs to change a few things. He can keep his Mic Check though.

The Brown One
01-16-2011, 12:54 AM
Anderson.....I do admit that he can talk and he is good at it but his move set could be a bit more....better.

I can't really explain it but he just needs to change a few things. He can keep his Mic Check though.

I like how he tries to, and many times does hit the Mic Check in PPV matches. He attempts it at least 5 times, and gets it twice.

CobraNightviper
01-16-2011, 02:51 AM
agreed I think it kind of looks like the diva's title.

eboy
01-16-2011, 05:25 AM
If anderson wants the old belt back he's gonna have to pin the champ eric young AND DONT YOU FORGET PAL

A1ex197
01-17-2011, 09:32 AM
I'm new here, 1st post outside the intros section.

I don't really get the hype surrounding this guy to be honest. There are so many technically gifted wrestlers in TNA, Kaz to name one, who deserve the push that Mr Anderson is getting at this moment. There are his strengths, such as his ability to sell anothers move as impactfull and I love his finisher - kinda reminds me of a lesser Rock bottom -, although he is solid, i feel for a face his move-set is quite slow which is actually quite strange on pro wrestling with the only other i can think of being Orton. I thinkthat with a little rehearsal his promos could be really good, but at this moment, I think it leaves his persona a little dry and lacking in identity. Prhaps he hould take some lessons from Pope, HHH (although in his Impact promo he seemed to mock him lol), Angle, The Miz or Punk...

On th belt; it's actually quite a laughable heavyweight title, I do like the idea of certain individuals haing their own title though - Austins rattlesnake title anyone?

eboy
01-17-2011, 12:39 PM
the one ting that brought anderson to the dance was being entertaining and that same reason is why anderson is tna champ now to be entertaining and to put butts in the seats in the impact zone and on the road

A1ex197
01-17-2011, 01:35 PM
Be that as it may, Mr Anderson is simply not that great an entertainer...at least yet anyway. I do think that given a little work on his promos, and a little more tempo into his in-ring offensive hecould definately be 'up there' with the best in wrestling entertainment presently.

SilverGhost
01-17-2011, 03:40 PM
Be that as it may, Mr Anderson is simply not that great an entertainer...at least yet anyway. I do think that given a little work on his promos, and a little more tempo into his in-ring offensive hecould definately be 'up there' with the best in wrestling entertainment presently.

He can entertain. He can talk but his in-ring skills need a bit more.

Kashdinero
01-17-2011, 04:24 PM
He can entertain. He can talk but his in-ring skills need a bit more.

Out of the ring, he's great! But when he's In the ring, I kind of zone out! He's not shit by any means, he's just a bit boring!

SilverGhost
01-17-2011, 04:48 PM
Out of the ring, he's great! But when he's In the ring, I kind of zone out! He's not shit by any means, he's just a bit boring!

Exactly. I wanna see him succeed and he can deliver in the mic but the wrestling needs to be good to fit. I do expect him to put great matches though.

Iron Ape
01-17-2011, 04:54 PM
the one ting that brought anderson to the dance was being entertaining and that same reason is why anderson is tna champ now to be entertaining and to put butts in the seats in the impact zone and on the road
Considering that the Impact Zone is full of nearly the same group of die-hards each and every week, is filling those seats really an issue? I can see your point about the on the road business, but it remains to be seen whether anyone in the company is even capable of doing that.

Iron Ape
01-17-2011, 04:56 PM
Exactly. I wanna see him succeed and he can deliver in the mic but the wrestling needs to be good to fit. I do expect him to put great matches though.
Anderson certainly has a great style and sound about him when working the stick, but I can't say as that there's anything particularly special about the content of what he's saying.

The Brown One
01-17-2011, 05:50 PM
Anderson certainly has a great style and sound about him when working the stick, but I can't say as that there's anything particularly special about the content of what he's saying.

I think its more of the way he says it. He seemed so comfortable on the mic in WWE, when there was a PG rating, and he said his promo loudly and proudly.

Yeah hes good on the mic, but needs a bit more in-ring work.

Iron Ape
01-17-2011, 06:19 PM
I think its more of the way he says it. He seemed so comfortable on the mic in WWE, when there was a PG rating, and he said his promo loudly and proudly.
Yeah, the way he says something would be the "great style" to which I was referring.

VKM
01-20-2011, 12:19 PM
I'm new here, 1st post outside the intros section.

I don't really get the hype surrounding this guy to be honest. There are so many technically gifted wrestlers in TNA, Kaz to name one, who deserve the push that Mr Anderson is getting at this moment. There are his strengths, such as his ability to sell anothers move as impactfull and I love his finisher - kinda reminds me of a lesser Rock bottom -, although he is solid, i feel for a face his move-set is quite slow which is actually quite strange on pro wrestling with the only other i can think of being Orton. I thinkthat with a little rehearsal his promos could be really good, but at this moment, I think it leaves his persona a little dry and lacking in identity. Prhaps he hould take some lessons from Pope, HHH (although in his Impact promo he seemed to mock him lol), Angle, The Miz or Punk...

On th belt; it's actually quite a laughable heavyweight title, I do like the idea of certain individuals haing their own title though - Austins rattlesnake title anyone?

I don't know what you are talking about his persona being dry because it actually sells. His persona is basically being an asshole. And he convinces alot of people with his whole asshole gimmick. The fans get behind Mr. Anderson alot when he comes out. They all seem to like the asshole gimmick very well. I wonder if he's an asshole in real life.