PDA

View Full Version : MEM returning?

beer money
01-13-2011, 08:26 PM
First do u rekon they are coming back for sure? Second whose gunna be in it eg original lineup or new additions?

thedominator92
01-13-2011, 08:45 PM
I think it is sad that TNA is repeating WCW's every step, thinking it is going to work this time.

CobraNightviper
01-13-2011, 08:49 PM
I hope they don't keep repeating all the same crap over again mem was good but Hogan&Bishoff's version would probably suck.

HolyJose2391
01-13-2011, 08:53 PM
MEM returning would be a good way to fight off Immortal and take back their company (it was made up of ex WWE/WCW guys BUT those guys are still in their prime) Angle, I hear Steiner is returning, Sting would be a good addition if he resigns with TNA, and if they could get Booker back that's be cool if not they can get some of the TNA originals to take the fight to Immortal

steveorton
01-13-2011, 08:59 PM
Please Tna don't bring back MEM they were boring as hell, I'm jus sayin...

The Brown One
01-13-2011, 09:06 PM
I didn't like MEM too much either. That hand gesture done by a group of fully grown men, wearing suits, and in a wrestling ring was silly.
But if they got rid of Immortal, lets have it! Theres a chance that Booker T will sign with TNA..because its been said that him and TNA are on good terms, and hes a free agent.
I'm wondering though..will MEM be face or heel, if they reform?

Tommy Thunder
01-13-2011, 09:13 PM
Although I'm not a TNA fan, the MEM faction is one of the best things to come from the company in recent times. Angle, Nash, Steiner, Joe, Sting (and possibly Booker) together in a faction is a WIN situation for me. All are great performers in the ring, and incredible on the mic. TNA will gain with their re-incarnation.

Eric Bischoff
01-13-2011, 09:30 PM
I didn't like MEM too much either. That hand gesture done by a group of fully grown men, wearing suits, and in a wrestling ring was silly.
But if they got rid of Immortal, lets have it! Theres a chance that Booker T will sign with TNA..because its been said that him and TNA are on good terms, and hes a free agent.
I'm wondering though..will MEM be face or heel, if they reform?

I see MEM as face, if TNA were to be that dumb, and have 2 huge heel factions, that would be sad. I say MEM fights Immortal, then turn heel.

Bodom
01-13-2011, 09:37 PM
I see MEM as face, if TNA were to be that dumb, and have 2 huge heel factions, that would be sad.

I remember having that exact same thought during the time of MEM and World Elite.

I think we all know what happened :rolleyes:

el gabo
01-13-2011, 09:57 PM
MEM returning would be a good way to fight off Immortal and take back their company (it was made up of ex WWE/WCW guys BUT those guys are still in their prime) Angle, I hear Steiner is returning, Sting would be a good addition if he resigns with TNA, and if they could get Booker back that's be cool if not they can get some of the TNA originals to take the fight to Immortal

Jesus freakin' Christ. In their PRIME?!

Rich Cranium
01-13-2011, 10:00 PM
Booker T in TNA or WWE, I want to see him again while we have the chance!

el gabo
01-13-2011, 10:05 PM
Booker T in TNA or WWE, I want to see him again while we have the chance!

SUCKAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

That would be cool to hear again.

Eric Bischoff
01-13-2011, 10:12 PM
Jesus freakin' Christ. In their PRIME?!

HAHHAHAH, I didn't even notice what he wrote, he is one high man. I guess uh Mick Foley and Ric Flair are still in their prime.

beer money
01-13-2011, 10:19 PM
Wudnt mind seeing styles as a face in mem he's sucks in immortal

alexrules01
01-13-2011, 10:34 PM
Only one in there 'prime' would be Angle, but I feel Angle will still be prime when he's 80, he's just a machine

Rich Cranium
01-13-2011, 10:36 PM
Only one in there 'prime' would be Angle, but I feel Angle will still be prime when he's 80, he's just a machine

^^Quote of the night!^^

Hesterica
01-13-2011, 11:15 PM

Best thing anyone has said about Angle!

nrb6304
01-13-2011, 11:30 PM

Angle won't ever die, he'll be 800 and running triathalons

Sinliner
01-14-2011, 12:14 AM
MEM was boring, i hope TNA realises that they cant keep using the whole "big stable is taking over our company" thing every few months, i mean jeez how about putting the spotlight on your wrestling and your wrestlers, has anyone ever actually gotten over in tna when they use these dumb storylines? MEM was full of ex main eventers, atleast when wwe does it they made it only rookies and focused on getting talent over. TNA is so focused on ratings and money they are neglecting the making new stars.

The Brown One
01-14-2011, 01:30 AM
MEM was boring, i hope TNA realises that they cant keep using the whole "big stable is taking over our company" thing every few months, i mean jeez how about putting the spotlight on your wrestling and your wrestlers, has anyone ever actually gotten over in tna when they use these dumb storylines? MEM was full of ex main eventers, atleast when wwe does it they made it only rookies and focused on getting talent over. TNA is so focused on ratings and money they are neglecting the making new stars.

Exactly. WWE may have gotten slightly lower ratings with the Nexus around, and midcarders like ADR, and Jomo in the main event, but its given us some great new talent thats here to stay. And some new main eventers, to keep people watching long after the current vets are gone.

Sinliner
01-14-2011, 02:43 AM
Exactly. WWE may have gotten slightly lower ratings with the Nexus around, and midcarders like ADR, and Jomo in the main event, but its given us some great new talent thats here to stay. And some new main eventers, to keep people watching long after the current vets are gone.

they just want instant gratification man, they want to be on the same level as the wwe. But what they seem to forget is WWE wasnt built in a day its been around for freaking ever. i think the only thing that tna should take from wwe is how wwe pretends they are the only company in the world. did you watch this weeks impact brown one? mr anderson basically said in his opening promo something like "I trained for years to get into the big league and i did" but he wasnt even talking bout his own company tna! i love wwe its my fav wrestling show but even i can see its stupid to automatically push people from the wwe above your own people, you cant make people beleive your better if someone comes to your company and basically treats all the stars like they are beneath him, i already saw kurt angle and sting have title runs on other tv shows i dont really need to see it again.

The Brown One
01-14-2011, 04:10 AM
they just want instant gratification man, they want to be on the same level as the wwe. But what they seem to forget is WWE wasnt built in a day its been around for freaking ever. i think the only thing that tna should take from wwe is how wwe pretends they are the only company in the world. did you watch this weeks impact brown one? mr anderson basically said in his opening promo something like "I trained for years to get into the big league and i did" but he wasnt even talking bout his own company tna! i love wwe its my fav wrestling show but even i can see its stupid to automatically push people from the wwe above your own people, you cant make people beleive your better if someone comes to your company and basically treats all the stars like they are beneath him, i already saw kurt angle and sting have title runs on other tv shows i dont really need to see it again.

Thats TNA for ya. I didn't see Impact this week. I'll watch once it comes in good quality on Youtube. TNA struggles to build new main eventers because they haven't done it in such a long time. I remember that AJ was the X-Division champion, and that wasn't the "main event" to TNA, but it was to me. But then they pushed AJ to the main event, with the big boys, and he won the TNA world title. They just don't do that anymore! They have a new formula that they use, and that is: TNA bring in established stars from WWE, who may or may not have won a world title there, and they put the strap on them in no time, sometimes even before their own originals. Its not right. But TNA has done it for so long, that its second nature to them. Its mostly been happening since Bischoff and Hogan came in. RVD, Jeff Hardy, and now Mr Anderson. Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy their wrestling, but TNA shouldn't rely on the fact that they were famous before they even joined TNA.

HeelTurn
01-14-2011, 06:01 AM
Hopefully it will be a revamped version of the MEM, with Angle as leader, Steiner, Booker then maybe throw in AJ and Anderson.

Pittbull
01-14-2011, 06:29 AM
I think it's just being used as a excuse to bring back Steiner, Nash etc and to give Kurt Angle/Joe a storyline!

So when MEM take down Immortal, what then!? MEM runs the show!? It's just a continuous power trip!

The Brown One
01-14-2011, 06:41 AM
I think it's just being used as a excuse to bring back Steiner, Nash etc and to give Kurt Angle/Joe a storyline!

So when MEM take down Immortal, what then!? MEM runs the show!? It's just a continuous power trip!

Oh God I forgot about the aftermath. Knowing TNA they will let MEM beat Immortal, only to go mad with power, and turn heel if they aeren't already, and have them dominate the rest of the roster-the parts of the roster that are worth watching eg.MCMG.

Pittbull
01-14-2011, 06:47 AM
Yeah I literally love the Machine Guns! would prefer them and maybe even Gen Me in WWE!

HeelTurn
01-14-2011, 07:46 AM

Scary point right there. Maybe Sports Entertainment Xtreme (SEX) will return led by Russo, maybe the TNA Frontline will return, or the World Elite.

Sinliner
01-14-2011, 07:59 AM
Thats TNA for ya. I didn't see Impact this week. I'll watch once it comes in good quality on Youtube. TNA struggles to build new main eventers because they haven't done it in such a long time. I remember that AJ was the X-Division champion, and that wasn't the "main event" to TNA, but it was to me. But then they pushed AJ to the main event, with the big boys, and he won the TNA world title. They just don't do that anymore! They have a new formula that they use, and that is: TNA bring in established stars from WWE, who may or may not have won a world title there, and they put the strap on them in no time, sometimes even before their own originals. Its not right. But TNA has done it for so long, that its second nature to them. Its mostly been happening since Bischoff and Hogan came in. RVD, Jeff Hardy, and now Mr Anderson. Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy their wrestling, but TNA shouldn't rely on the fact that they were famous before they even joined TNA.

"Spoiler alert"

Matt hardy main events this weeks impact!..........................pretty disrespectfull to the guys who actually had to work for there spot. you just give someone a spot in the mainevent on the first night he has ever wrestled in your company? so stupid.

beer money
01-14-2011, 10:20 AM
I would love if world elite returned coz that'd mean EY wud become sorta relevant again as well

The KANEROONIE!!!
01-14-2011, 10:41 AM
Since Crimson was the person to claim "They" were coming on this week's Impact, I assume he has some connection as well.

Xpacfan
01-14-2011, 10:50 AM

^ This. I'm actually looking forward to a good ole' stable war. Its been awhile since one has actually been done in either company!

vbirwin
01-14-2011, 11:16 AM
Forget MEM. Bring in MOM. Imagine it, Mo and Mabel in the pastel parachute pants kicking butt and taking names.

rko619
01-14-2011, 11:44 AM
Yeah I literally love the Machine Guns! would prefer them and maybe even Gen Me in WWE!

motor city
but gen me suck

Rich Cranium
01-14-2011, 12:15 PM

Nah, they will probably get buried in WWE!

sysop
01-14-2011, 04:01 PM
Forget MEM. Bring in MOM. Imagine it, Mo and Mabel in the pastel parachute pants kicking butt and taking names.

This would be just as exciting. So, Hogan's infamous crapromo on either draw or you're out must not have gotten to Dixie. Why would you bring back people that can't walk, talk, run, or wrestle (Steiner)? Name the last time this guy was a legit draw. I'm going to guess he was still doing the frankensteiner at the time and wasn't wearing a fireplace screen on his head.

Booker T...didn't have a single great match in TNA. Definately not a draw for any PPV dollars in 2011.

Nash....look tough scarecrow..look tough. 3 moves of DOOM!

Jenna...OMG was she bad and not in a good way.

Samoa Joe...put in MEM to stive off comments about it being for old people. Cept then they never did anything with it. I'd like to see Joe pummel everybody on the list above with 6 or 8 stiff muscle busters...make them retire for real.

All this said, and before I shat all over this angle, let me say I'm for anything that gets Hogan and Bischoff less screen time, even if it means turning the channel with poppa no-bump attempts to wrestle.

SilverGhost
01-14-2011, 04:12 PM

WWE doesn't deserve Gen Me or MCMG!

HeelTurn
01-14-2011, 05:11 PM
WWE doesn't deserve Gen Me or MCMG!

Very true, I mean who would they face? Plus they dont exactly wrestle the WWE style.

The Brown One
01-14-2011, 05:14 PM
Since Crimson was the person to claim "They" were coming on this week's Impact, I assume he has some connection as well.

Well it was nice of TNA to let him start the new stable, assuming that hes in it.

"Spoiler alert"

Matt hardy main events this weeks impact!..........................pretty disrespectfull to the guys who actually had to work for there spot. you just give someone a spot in the mainevent on the first night he has ever wrestled in your company? so stupid.

How did I know this was going to happen? Have they forgotten about Pope? Joe?

SilverGhost
01-14-2011, 05:14 PM
Very true, I mean who would they face? Plus they dont exactly wrestle the WWE style.

Of course.

MCMG or Gen Me vs Kozlov/Santino doesn't sound appealing and they may be forced to limit their moves. I would rather see MCMG or Gen Me be a success in Japan than in WWE.