PDA

View Full Version : The End of the X-Division?

HeelTurn
01-13-2011, 06:19 PM
Its been reported that TNA is considering scrapping the X-Division. Is this a surprise? Well not really it hasnt been used properly for a while now, and the title has changed hands frequently. If this does come to pass, what do you guys think? Personally I think its TNA loosing another bit of its identity.

SilverGhost
01-13-2011, 06:22 PM
I wanna see a TNA fanboy defend this to death.

Bodom
01-13-2011, 06:26 PM
The X-Division already hasn't meant shit for a while now. It going away wouldn't have any affect.

Which is really fucking sad. The X-Division was the best part of TNA.

SilverGhost
01-13-2011, 06:28 PM
The X-Division already hasn't meant shit for a while now. It going away wouldn't have any affect.

Couldn't agree more. The X-Division had great wrestlers and best matches that defied somethings of human capabilty and moves. Seeing it go away would mean that it isn't TNA anymore.

thejman93
01-13-2011, 06:31 PM
TNA's focus needs a dramatic shift back to the days of the 6 sided ring and the X-division. They are trying to be WWE when they really need to be TNA

HeelTurn
01-13-2011, 06:32 PM

During the early years of TNA the X-Division was more interesting and exciting than the main event matches.

Bodom
01-13-2011, 06:33 PM
Couldn't agree more. The X-Division had great wrestlers and best matches that defied somethings of human capabilty and moves. Seeing it go away would mean that it isn't TNA anymore.

It would be more like concrete proof that they want to be WWE-lite and not an alternative.

Bodom
01-13-2011, 06:35 PM
During the early years of TNA the X-Division was more interesting and exciting than the main event matches.

Hell sometimes the X-Division would BE the main event!

SilverGhost
01-13-2011, 06:37 PM
It would be more like concrete proof that they want to be WWE-lite and not an alternative.

That is a shame dude.

Homegrown talents should be pissed about this because the X-Division was something special. X-Division defined alot of guys as well.

HeelTurn
01-13-2011, 06:42 PM
Hell sometimes the X-Division would BE the main event!

Well the greatest match in TNA history imo was the X-Division match between Joe/AJ/Daniels.

SilverGhost
01-13-2011, 06:54 PM
http://www.wrestlingsuperstars.info/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/aj-styles.jpg
This really means something.

Bodom
01-13-2011, 06:54 PM
Well the greatest match in TNA history imo was the X-Division match between Joe/AJ/Daniels.

Aye. I think I have at least 3 different TNA DVD's all with that match on it

nrb6304
01-13-2011, 06:55 PM

HELL YEAH!!!!

But when you think about it....who the hell is even in the X-Division anymore?!
Jay Lethal
Kaz
Red
EY
Joe
AJ
(Can you count those 3?)
Sabin
Shelley
Max
Jeremy
(Can you count those 4?)
Robbie E

IMO X-Divsion has been dead a while. :/

SilverGhost
01-13-2011, 06:57 PM
HELL YEAH!!!!

Jay Lethal
Kaz
Red
EY
Joe
AJ
(Can you count those 3?)
Sabin
Shelley
Max
Jeremy
(Can you count those 4?)
Robbie E

All those guys count.

Bodom
01-13-2011, 06:58 PM
HELL YEAH!!!!

Jay Lethal
Kaz
Red
EY
Joe
AJ
(Can you count those 3?)
Sabin
Shelley
Max
Jeremy
(Can you count those 4?)
Robbie E

The division has been dead because of piss poor booking. NOT because of the roster.

Sans EY, that's a great roster. Yes even Robbie E, shit gimmick, but a decent worker.

SilverGhost
01-13-2011, 07:03 PM
The division has been dead because of piss poor booking. NOT because of the roster.

Sans EY, that's a great roster. Yes even Robbie E, shit gimmick, but a decent worker.

-smh-

One more thing to bash TNA.....

nrb6304
01-13-2011, 07:13 PM

No no no I didn't mean to bash the roster. Just meant to say that they've hacked off all of the X-Division wrestlers besides those

SilverGhost
01-13-2011, 07:20 PM
No no no I didn't mean to bash the roster. Just meant to say that they've hacked off all of the X-Division wrestlers besides those

Well....I could say that your list of wrestlers still count for X-Division but I would go with Bodom. TNA creative has no idea what to do with the X-Division.

TNA would be like WWE if the extermination process goes. Worst case: both companies would have no form of a light heavyweight division.

thedominator92
01-13-2011, 08:18 PM
IMO weight divisions make matches more exciting. It gives us more even match ups.

SilverGhost
01-13-2011, 08:21 PM
In the front page,

Bischoff says otherwise.

SaberToothTigerz
01-13-2011, 08:27 PM

i was just reading this about the x devision tittle dissapear
yea i think its sad..but then again the x devision has gone downhill since its first days but anyway this was not why i replied to this thread bcuz...
DUDE I SWEAR TO GOD I SAW UR ALBERTO DEL RIO SIG JUST WINKING AT ME
are u sure that isnt a gif pic?

SilverGhost
01-13-2011, 08:29 PM
Eric Bischoff says that "its a dirtsheet rumor".

The Brown One
01-13-2011, 08:36 PM
I wish the thread title had a "?" at the end of it. Like SG said. This is just a rumor. I think it will come to fruition in time, but for now, all it is, is a rumor.
Bodoms right about the booking. I could easily see an X-Division with the guys mentioned. Its not about weight limits, its about no limits! It wouldn't be the best part of TNA, with the possible X-Division roster the way it is right now, missing many of the greats that made it what it was, but it would sure as hell be better than just 2 people going for the belt at any given time. I wanted to see competition from a whole lot of people! Ultimate X matches, and ladder matches and the like. But they have only focused on Robbie E, Jay Lethal, and more recently Kaz. I'd rather have 4-6 guys competing in a tournament, or an X-Division style match, like the ones I mentioned above. But no, we get the 3 above, which aeren't bad, but aeren't going to carry an entire division.

I see the demise of the division and the title coming soon though..and am saddened at this. Does this mean that we will no longer see high flying action matches like the Ultimate X?

SilverGhost
01-13-2011, 08:42 PM
I wish the thread title had a "?" at the end of it. Like SG said. This is just a rumor. I think it will come to fruition in time, but for now, all it is, is a rumor.
Bodoms right about the booking. I could easily see an X-Division with the guys mentioned. Its not about weight limits, its about no limits! It wouldn't be the best part of TNA, with the possible X-Division roster the way it is right now, missing many of the greats that made it what it was, but it would sure as hell be better than just 2 people going for the belt at any given time. I wanted to see competition from a whole lot of people! Ultimate X matches, and ladder matches and the like. But they have only focused on Robbie E, Jay Lethal, and more recently Kaz. I'd rather have 4-6 guys competing in a tournament, or an X-Division style match, like the ones I mentioned above. But no, we get the 3 above, which aeren't bad, but aeren't going to carry an entire division.

I see the demise of the division and the title coming soon though..and am saddened at this. Does this mean that we will no longer see high flying action matches like the Ultimate X?

If the rumor is true and the X-Division is killed, then it would rare to see that type of match again. Rare as in WWE having hardcore matches rare.

http://www.midwestwrestling.com/images9/NWATNAX1.jpg
This title has a legacy and most people know it.

Rich Cranium
01-13-2011, 08:43 PM
And it is now defunct, but you already knew that!

CobraNightviper
01-13-2011, 08:45 PM
well Hogan&Bishoff has finally gotten rid of all the the things that made tna good way to go huckster.

Hesterica
01-13-2011, 08:51 PM
True or not, it seems pointless...as a lot of you have said, the x-division hasn't been focused on properly this past year...

I used to watch TNA solely for the X-Division. Now, meh...

thedominator92
01-13-2011, 08:53 PM
still has more prestige than hardy's diva title.

The Brown One
01-13-2011, 09:10 PM
The reason I watched TNA in the first place was because it was a different product from WWE. I liked it because it was fresh, and had built up their own stars, such as Joe, Daniels, and AJ. Then I lost interest when they started hiring so many ex-WWE wrestlers, and putting them in less than deserving storylines. And they ignored what made them great- their original talent. At the center of what made them great was mainly their X-Division. Its such a shame to even see Bischoff say an idea like that. They obviously want to be more like WWE and copy them more to get better ratings. I doubt it would happen, since many people, just like me, watched TNA for its high flying action, some some dinosaurs go at it.

Tommy Thunder
01-13-2011, 09:41 PM
The X division was successful for TNA. I can't understand why WWE haven't started a similar division (brought back the cruiserweight division/title). WWE have the personnel to do a similar division, and get viewers with it!! I would definitely watch a cruiserweight division with the guys WWE have.

beer money
01-13-2011, 10:25 PM
HELL YEAH!!!!

Jay Lethal
Kaz
Red
EY
Joe
AJ
(Can you count those 3?)
Sabin
Shelley
Max
Jeremy
(Can you count those 4?)
Robbie E

Only Robbie e, jay, kaz n red have actually wrestled in an x div match in the past 6 months

nrb6304
01-13-2011, 11:36 PM
Only Robbie e, jay, kaz n red have actually wrestled in an x div match in the past 6 months

Both Bucks were just in a #1 Contenders Match for the X-Division title like just last month no? Against Kaz and Robbie E if I remember right.

SilverGhost
01-13-2011, 11:36 PM
True or not, it seems pointless...as a lot of you have said, the x-division hasn't been focused on properly this past year...

I used to watch TNA solely for the X-Division. Now, meh...

It can be revived its just for some unknown reason.....they don't want to.

But I feel with Kaz as champ.....a revival may or may not happen.

nrb6304
01-13-2011, 11:43 PM
It can be revived its just for some unknown reason.....they don't want to.

But I feel with Kaz as champ.....a revival may or may not happen.

I don't think so. I wish, but I just don't think it's gonna happen

TheDevilsAdvocate
01-13-2011, 11:45 PM
This is going to be a sad day. I was finally getting around to watching TNA again an then I hear more bad decisions by TNA. They could have easily restored TNA, but they decide to do something like this.. NEXT IS THE TAG DIVISION! They can not fully be like WWE with them having a somewhat successful Tag Division still.

SilverGhost
01-13-2011, 11:46 PM
I don't think so. I wish, but I just don't think it's gonna happen

I would like to believe Bischoff but......

Only time will tell. If its the end, then we will know. TNA staying as TNA or WWE-lite.

SilverGhost
01-13-2011, 11:46 PM
This is going to be a sad day. I was finally getting around to watching TNA again an then I hear more bad decisions by TNA. They could have easily restored TNA, but they decide to do something like this.. NEXT IS THE TAG DIVISION! They can not fully be like WWE with them having a somewhat successful Tag Division still.

Nothing is final but I hope it doesn't happen.

Bischoff says its not true but you know how he is.

Sinliner
01-14-2011, 12:07 AM
When you hear old TNA story's from days past you never hear anything about the mainevent, all i ever hear is that TNA had the best wrestling matches ever in the x division, i started watching tna about a year ago...................but if you ask me i can tell you the first X division title match was an fatal fourway elimination match in 2002 i heard so much about these matches ive searched for them and to be honest they are incredible, i doubt you could find random tna world title matches on youtube but you can find almost every good match involving the x title

SilverGhost
01-14-2011, 12:13 AM
"-- The news that TNA is looking to drop the X-Division appears to be false, as is nothing planned in that regard nor has it been discussed."

From the front page and no viable source.

The Brown One
01-14-2011, 01:31 AM
"-- The news that TNA is looking to drop the X-Division appears to be false, as is nothing planned in that regard nor has it been discussed."

From the front page and no viable source.

Well its Bischoff, so I'm guessing he has had the idea in his head in the past about shutting down the X-Division. And again, its Bischoff, so denying those rumors isn't a surprise to me.

SilverGhost
01-14-2011, 01:36 AM
Well its Bischoff, so I'm guessing he has had the idea in his head in the past about shutting down the X-Division. And again, its Bischoff, so denying those rumors isn't a surprise to me.

Its really hard to tell with Bischoff.

Kashdinero
01-14-2011, 02:47 AM
Its really hard to tell with Bischoff.

He's the ultimate, when it comes to these sort of thing's. A pinch of salt should be taken with every word, that comes out of the man's mouth, when he's talking to the media.

SilverGhost
01-14-2011, 12:16 PM
He's the ultimate, when it comes to these sort of thing's. A pinch of salt should be taken with every word, that comes out of the man's mouth, when he's talking to the media.

Really.....

I hope his words don't lead up to a killing of the X-Division. I say TNA needs the X-Division and a great revival and talent exchanges....

Rich Cranium
01-14-2011, 12:19 PM
Really.....

I hope his words don't lead up to a killing of the X-Division. I say TNA needs the X-Division and a great revival and talent exchanges....

It's as if TNA is trying to kill it's legacy (if you can call it that). They rid themselves of the 6 sided ring and maybe soon the X div?

SilverGhost
01-14-2011, 02:25 PM
It's as if TNA is trying to kill it's legacy (if you can call it that). They rid themselves of the 6 sided ring and maybe soon the X div?

The 6 sided ring being removed, I can dig that.

The X-Division being removed, TNA you are killing yourself.

SilverGhost
01-14-2011, 04:29 PM
"TNA President Dixie Carter took to her Twitter today to respond to rumors that TNA was going to drop the X-Division. Here's what she wrote:

"Not sure where you've heard the X Division is going away but it's not true at all. I'm working to beef it up with both familiar & new faces."

According to sources today, there have been no discussions in TNA about getting rid of the X-Division. They are actually working on something to better spotlight the division."

From the front page.

Kashdinero
01-14-2011, 04:35 PM
"TNA President Dixie Carter took to her Twitter today to respond to rumors that TNA was going to drop the X-Division. Here's what she wrote:

"Not sure where you've heard the X Division is going away but it's not true at all. I'm working to beef it up with both familiar & new faces."

According to sources today, there have been no discussions in TNA about getting rid of the X-Division. They are actually working on something to better spotlight the division."

From the front page.

Bringing back Petey Williams and Sojay Dutt would be a step in the right direction!

SilverGhost
01-14-2011, 04:37 PM
Lol Sonjay is in ROH right? xD Petey is a personal trainer I believe.....

Dixie bringing in new talent for the X-Division? I wanna see that Mrs. Dixie.

The Brown One
01-14-2011, 05:21 PM
Mr Dutt made this brown man proud. I really really hope that when TNA says new talent, they don't mean ex-WWE cruiserweights. Like Caylen Croft.
Either hire back their old, original X-Division talent(which I know doesn't have a big chance of happening), or hire some indy workers-Theyr'e perfect for the X-Division!

SilverGhost
01-14-2011, 05:27 PM
Caylen Croft would fit since he wasn't given a chance and he wasn't around for long.

The Brown One
01-14-2011, 05:29 PM
Caylen Croft would fit since he wasn't given a chance and he wasn't around for long.

Yeah. But I meant that he doesn't hold a candle to what many in the indys can do.

SilverGhost
01-14-2011, 06:07 PM
Yeah. But I meant that he doesn't hold a candle to what many in the indys can do.

Thats true. But I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

Rich Cranium
01-14-2011, 06:13 PM
Wonder if they will bring in Lance Hoyt?

The Brown One
01-14-2011, 06:15 PM
Thats true. But I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

Yeah. At least TNA might give him more airtime than WWE did when they forgot about the Dudebusters. And maybe hes really high-flying..but WWE limited him. We might find out in TNA.

The Brown One
01-14-2011, 06:16 PM
Wonder if they will bring in Lance Hoyt?

Not as part of the Rock n Rave Infection again.

Sinliner
01-14-2011, 11:54 PM
Yeah. At least TNA might give him more airtime than WWE did when they forgot about the Dudebusters. And maybe hes really high-flying..but WWE limited him. We might find out in TNA.

man the dudebusters couldve been awesome, i think trent baretta is great, his matches with mcintyre have been really good to, he can pull out some really awesome spots when he needs to

Kashdinero
01-15-2011, 04:57 AM
man the dudebusters couldve been awesome, i think trent baretta is great, his matches with mcintyre have been really good to, he can pull out some really awesome spots when he needs to

Baretta v Hawkins on Superstars was a great little set of matches, it's a shame both aren't featured more on SD.

Sinliner
01-15-2011, 05:53 AM
Baretta v Hawkins on Superstars was a great little set of matches, it's a shame both aren't featured more on SD.

I hope they push barretta and put him into a tag team with another high flyer (evan bourne, justin gabriel) i think the tag team division is a great place to build smaller more athletic superstars. but wwe has pissed all over the division :(

HeelTurn
01-15-2011, 08:39 AM
I still think Gabriel and Bourne can be a great tag team once the Nexus angle is gone, throw in the New Dudebusters (Barretta and hawkins).