PDA

View Full Version : New changes to the Zodiac. (If you care)

SilverGhost
01-13-2011, 04:42 PM
As the title says....

They added a 13th sign and the dates changed.

http://www.doublex.com/blog/xxfactor/thank-zeus-im-still-pisces?gt1=38001

Rich Cranium
01-13-2011, 04:54 PM
I thought this was about the serial killer!

Necroyeti
01-13-2011, 05:00 PM
I'm still confused as to whether I'm Taurus or Gemini, with my birthday falling on June 21.

So I read both horroscopes and pick the best sounding one.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/d1/Zodiac-logo.png

SilverGhost
01-13-2011, 05:04 PM
I've an Aquarius for me entire life but it now says I'm a Capricorn. Hm....

Oh....people are mad about this xD

Bodom
01-13-2011, 05:05 PM
Weak.

I was hoping I wouldn't be a Virgo anymore

thejman93
01-13-2011, 05:13 PM
Weak.

I was hoping I wouldn't be a Virgo anymore

You're still a Virgin Bods? how sad

Rich Cranium
01-13-2011, 05:16 PM
This is not official is it? I had a small scorpion tattoed a few years back and now I'm a Libra?

Bodom
01-13-2011, 05:16 PM
You're still a Virgin Bods? how sad

................I should have seen that one coming.

Good one jman.

Bodom
01-13-2011, 05:17 PM
This is not official is it? I had a small scorpion tattoed a few years back and now I'm a Libra?

Hahahahhaa.

SilverGhost
01-13-2011, 05:20 PM

There are alot of articles saying the same of the changes and an Astrologist does say that the changes is correct so.....its up to you.

thejman93
01-13-2011, 05:31 PM
................I should have seen that one coming.

Good one jman.

thank you sir

thejman93
01-13-2011, 05:37 PM

I really really really hope you're kidding, if not.......http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/73/babyyoumad.jpg

The Brown One
01-13-2011, 05:42 PM
Rich if that tat was permanent..its going to be really costly and painful to remove via laser surgery..thats if your'e going to change it.

Necroyeti
01-13-2011, 05:50 PM
hold on, wouldn't the astrologists have predicted this happening years ago due to the alignment of pluto with the sun relative to the rotational angle of mercury or some shit?

SilverGhost
01-13-2011, 05:55 PM
hold on, wouldn't the astrologists have predicted this happening years ago due to the alignment of pluto with the sun relative to the rotational angle of mercury or some shit?

I am not astrologist or astronomer so I can't tell you.... :\

But an alignment changed and somethings happened and we are where we are now with the new sign and changes.

thejman93
01-13-2011, 06:06 PM

http://www.shagtees.com/images/thumbs/warning_science_th.jpg

Rich Cranium
01-13-2011, 06:11 PM
Rich if that tat was permanent..its going to be really costly and painful to remove via laser surgery..thats if your'e going to change it.

I know right, now if I get amnesia, it's gonna screw me up with my birth information!

SaberToothTigerz
01-13-2011, 08:09 PM
i would love to be that new zodiac creature
but i guess my sis takes that one now since her bday is on nov 29
im still a taurus thought
my bday is may 17th

el gabo
01-13-2011, 10:05 PM
What is the new sign? Anyone?

Bodom
01-13-2011, 10:25 PM

Ophiuchus. The Serpent Bearer.

*insert phallic joke here*

Rich Cranium
01-13-2011, 10:45 PM

The Shockmaster!

TheDevilsAdvocate
01-13-2011, 11:34 PM
I am a Ophiuchus!!!

SilverGhost
01-13-2011, 11:38 PM
I am a Ophiuchus!!!

AHHH a snake bearer!

TheDevilsAdvocate
01-13-2011, 11:39 PM
AHHH a snake bearer!

XD Yum!

Well, I feel weird now.

SilverGhost
01-13-2011, 11:42 PM
XD Yum!

Well, I feel weird now.

Lol xD

Don't feel weird....I was an Aquarius but I am a Capricorn......WATSUPWITDAT!?!?

Rich Cranium
01-14-2011, 12:04 AM
Lol xD

Don't feel weird....I was an Aquarius but I am a Capricorn......WATSUPWITDAT!?!?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qw9oX-kZ_9k

RevolutionIcon
01-14-2011, 01:48 AM
Fear not.. For you do not have to accept the changes that have been endured..

"Tattoo parlor owners must be salivating. An assertion in a Minneapolis Star Tribune article that our understanding of the zodiac is off by about a month - and that therefore people have been identifying themselves with the wrong sign - caught fire on the internet Thursday, and many folks are in an absolute panic on social media.

"If my zodiac symbol has been changed to a Libra, what am I supposed to do with my Scorpio tattoo?!?!," read one tweet Thursday.

Some vowed to get their tats removed. Others groaned about losing the sign with which they’ve identified themselves for years. The zodiac and related terms - including Ophiuchus, said to be a 13th and neglected sign - were trending Twitter topics much of Thursday.

But before astrology fans scrape the ink from their arms because they think they're now a Virgo instead of a Libra, they should consider this: If they adhered to the tropical zodiac - which, if they're a Westerner, they probably did – absolutely nothing has changed for them.

That's worth rephrasing: If you considered yourself a Cancer under the tropical zodiac last week, you're still a Cancer under the same zodiac this week.

That's because the tropical zodiac – which is fixed to seasons, and which Western astrology adheres to – differs from the sidereal zodiac – which is fixed to constellations and is followed more in the East, and is the type of zodiac to which the Star Tribune article ultimately refers.

Two zodiacs. That's nothing new.

"This story is born periodically as if someone has discovered some truth. It's not news," said Jeff Jawer, astrologer with Tarot.com.

The hubbub started with Sunday's Star Tribune article, which said the following: "The ancient Babylonians based zodiac signs on the constellation the sun was 'in' on the day a person was born. During the ensuing millenniums, the moon’s gravitational pull has made the Earth 'wobble' around its axis, creating about a one-month bump in the stars' alignment."

"When [astrologers] say that the sun is in Pisces, it’s really not in Pisces," Parke Kunkle, a board member of the Minnesota Planetarium Society, told the Star Tribune.

"Indeed," the article continued, "most horoscope readers who consider themselves Pisces are actually Aquarians." The article also asserts Scorpio's window lasts only seven days, and that a 13th constellation, Ophiuchus, used to be counted between Scorpio and Sagittarius but was discarded by the Babylonians because they wanted 12 signs per year.

True enough, Jawer says, the sun doesn't align with constellations at the same time of year that it did millennia ago. But that’s irrelevant for the tropical zodiac, codified for Western astrology by Ptolemy in the second century, he says.

In the tropical zodiac, the start of Aries is fixed to one equinox, and Capricorn the other.

"When we look at the astrology used in the Western world, the seasonally based astrology has not changed, was never oriented to the constellations, and stands as … has been stated for two millenniums," Jawer said.

People who put stock in astrology can ask whether they should adhere to the tropical zodiac or the sidereal zodiac. Jawer argues for the tropical.

"Astrology is geocentric. It relates life on Earth to the Earth’s environment, and seasons are the most dramatic effect, which is why we use the tropical zodiac," he said."

From CNN, and it is true. I was born February 23rd, was am and always will be a Pisces.

Even if there wasn't a difference between Tropical Zodiac and Sidereal Zodiac, honestly, I was born a pscies, if you want to change the dates, then everyone born after the dates are changed can follow those dates, everyone before can chill out.

Besides, I am not researching what all of my ex's were, what they are now, combining both answers and defining who I'll still be able to date, I'll die a lonely man.

RomanFlare
01-14-2011, 08:23 AM
Wtf is this shit?
Wtf is that shit?

I'm sticking to the old one. No way in hell I'm gonna be a bull when I was a Gemini.

I mean, Bollocks! At least Gemini's vague "characteristics" kinda fit me. Taurus's aren't even close.

SaberToothTigerz
01-14-2011, 08:29 AM
Wtf is this shit?
Wtf is that shit?

I'm sticking to the old one. No way in hell I'm gonna be a bull when I was a Gemini.

I mean, Bollocks! At least Gemini's vague "characteristics" kinda fit me. Taurus's aren't even close.

u r insulting my breed? -.-"

IrkenInvader
08-02-2011, 08:53 PM
Go fuck yourself, stupid scientist! It's probably the same guy who said Pluto isn't a planet anymore.

xAzureSkye
08-04-2011, 08:00 AM
Damn I'm Aries now.