PDA

View Full Version : Lesnar locked in

justin sane
01-11-2011, 07:42 PM
Just saw an announcement that Brock Lesnar and Junior Dos Santos will coach respective teams on the next season of TUF 13, then fight each other, with the winner facing Cain Velasquez for the UFC heavyweight title (when Cain is healthy, currently out with a rotator cuff injury). So this would seem to shatter any hopes or wishes that Brock would somehow be involved in WM and a meeting with the Undertaker this year. Was a nice dream while it lasted...

K2Jelly
01-11-2011, 07:45 PM
just saw an announcement that brock lesnar and junior dos santos will coach respective teams on the next season of tuf 13, then fight each other, with the winner facing cain velasquez for the ufc heavyweight title (when cain is healthy, currently out with a rotator cuff injury). So this would seem to shatter any hopes or wishes that brock would somehow be involved in wm and a meeting with the undertaker this year. Was a nice dream while it lasted...

o.........m............g

sXeKid
01-11-2011, 07:47 PM
efff my life lol
move on to dreams of The Rock or Stone Cold??? or BOTH ZOMG ;)

Hesterica
01-11-2011, 07:59 PM
efff my life lol
move on to dreams of The Rock or Stone Cold??? or BOTH ZOMG ;)

Yeah just saw the news too. So bye-bye WM27 rumors. Saw the story at this link (http://hesterica.wordpress.com/2011/01/12/lesnar-dos-santos-as-tuf-coaches/)

Hesterica
01-11-2011, 08:01 PM
Reading this story (http://hesterica.wordpress.com/2011/01/12/lesnar-dos-santos-as-tuf-coaches/), we can now put to rest the rumors of Brock Lesnar coming back to WWE for Wrestlemania. He's locked in for the TUF.

K2Jelly
01-11-2011, 08:02 PM
As if the rumors had a chance to begin with.

Iron Ape
01-11-2011, 08:25 PM
As if the rumors had a chance to begin with.
This. I'm not really sure why anyone even thought that there was ever even a chance. The Taker/Lesnar "incident" was just something completely minor that got blown WAY out of proportion.

The Brown One
01-11-2011, 08:42 PM
It would have been nice to see though. But I knew deep down that it wasn't going to happen :(

simo87
01-12-2011, 04:43 PM
good fight for the fans but i think this might also be lesnars last mma fight another knockout lose this time to dos santos might just about do it

Iron Ape
01-12-2011, 04:59 PM
good fight for the fans but i think this might also be lesnars last mma fight another knockout lose this time to dos santos might just about do it
The biggest draw in the UFC, and all of MMA for that matter, is suddenly going to disappear from the scene after one more loss? Yeah, that's not going to happen. They'll have him fight Mir again or headline an Ultimate Fight Night before that ever happens.

MattElder
01-12-2011, 05:10 PM
The biggest draw in the UFC, and all of MMA for that matter, is suddenly going to disappear from the scene after one more loss? Yeah, that's not going to happen. They'll have him fight Mir again or headline an Ultimate Fight Night before that ever happens.

His contract runs out not long after Mania doesnt it? If so its highly possible

Iron Ape
01-12-2011, 07:06 PM
His contract runs out not long after Mania doesnt it? If so its highly possible
Anything's possible, but it's not likely. Randy Couture didn't get cut after dropping fights to Lesnar and Nogueira, and Lesnar's a way bigger draw than he is. Even if he were cut, though, UFC isn't the only MMA company around; Brock would likely have big money thrown his way to get in a cage with Fedor.

simo87
01-12-2011, 08:20 PM
im just saying lesnar isnt a born fighter like most of the other guys alls he has is size and maybe power over most of them. his last 2 fights have shown everyone hes not as good as u all think he is. and after his last fight he had alot of time off and didnt want anything to do with mma for a while and alot of ppl thought he might be thinking about giving mma up. i guess will just have to wait and see if dos santos knocks him out then im sorry but i dont think lesnar will ever get back to the belt because to do that he is going to have to go through the likes of dos santos carwin and the champ velasquez not to mention if fedor and/or overeem end up in the ufc sometime.

Rich Cranium
01-12-2011, 08:33 PM
im just saying lesnar isnt a born fighter like most of the other guys alls he has is size and maybe power over most of them. his last 2 fights have shown everyone hes not as good as u all think he is. and after his last fight he had alot of time off and didnt want anything to do with mma for a while and alot of ppl thought he might be thinking about giving mma up. i guess will just have to wait and see if dos santos knocks him out then im sorry but i dont think lesnar will ever get back to the belt because to do that he is going to have to go through the likes of dos santos carwin and the champ velasquez not to mention if fedor and/or overeem end up in the ufc sometime.

Are you kidding? Lesnar was an NCAA champion! Hell, Cain was a great NCAA wrestler as well. Look, he had a bad night and needs to work on his defense and he CAN win the belt again. He also hasn't had too many fights and to already have been a UFC champ with those little fights is a feat!

Iron Ape
01-12-2011, 08:52 PM
A lot of people also thought he was going to be at Wrestlemania 27, too. Moral of that story? I wouldn't put so much stock in what other people are thinking.

And for the record, I don't think Lesnar is all that great, and his skill as a fighter has absolutely nothing to do with why I'm arguing that he won't be going anywhere. That said, he won half of his last 2 fights, so things aren't quite as dire as some of you seem intent on making things out to be. The guy is so new to the MMA game, I think a lot of people levy some rather unfair expectations against him (which is partly UFC's fault for putting him in a position to take the title so early on in his MMA career). Give the guy a little time to develop; you can always come back with your pitchforks at a later time and date.

Robstar
01-13-2011, 02:37 AM
Looking forward to this, Brock will make this pretty compelling viewing. He's a natural in front of the camera, I reckon, nowadays at least. Sure Brock's chin has a lot to prove - only time will tell if he can do it

Kashdinero
01-13-2011, 02:46 AM
Looking forward to this, Brock will make this pretty compelling viewing. He's a natural in front of the camera, I reckon, nowadays at least. Sure Brock's chin has a lot to prove - only time will tell if he can do it

Should make for an interesting thread at the very least! ; )

Rich Cranium
01-13-2011, 11:25 AM
Should make for an interesting thread at the very least! ; )

Get your keyboard dusted off then ;)