PDA

View Full Version : Unifying the Titles

Robstar
08-31-2010, 03:51 PM
If this unification idea goes ahead, what future do you see with the brand split. Obviously, all the champions will be floaters but will WWE keep their rosters seperated? I know, they aren't very strict about being brand specific with their talent, so what now? Just be on Smackdown or Raw in theory only?

WWE has obviously admitted to themselves that Smackdown will always be the "B" show, unless they can spice things up by regularly having superstars from the "A" show appear on a regular basis. I, for one, hope it's only the champions that get floated around and not the rest of the talent - make it a true Smackdown vs Raw thing, where the titles are real badges of honour for a show.

I'd hate to see the yearly draft disappear as it's always been one of my favourite things WWE does.

Belzova
08-31-2010, 04:50 PM
Those who'd be crowned Champions will have to work twice as hard an appear on both brands to defend titles an engage inside of storylines. It'd be the same way as when the Tag belts were unified, but lately it has been mostly restricted to the RAW brand.

djsoulslayer
08-31-2010, 05:03 PM
If the WWE choose to unify the heavyweight titles and only float the Champs, i think we are gonna see a lot less one-on-one matchups considering u r gonna have a number one contender from both Smackdown and Raw. The champ is really gonna have to work because he is gonna have to be apart of two separate storylines.

Mr Perfect
08-31-2010, 05:07 PM
I personally hope they combined both shows.. I never watch smackdown its been a good 3-5 years since I've since a single episode. I'm never home on Friday nights and have no desire to really watch it. I don't know most of the superstars on the Smackdown roster so it keeps me away.. The only good part about last nights 900th episode was they had all brands. So I got to see Drew, who I only see at PPV if he's on the bill. Also it was nice to see Alberto Del Rio, I've heard a lot about this guy and it was the first time I've ever seen him. He looked great last night the crowd really hated him, and I see this guy being a big star..

So I hope they go back to the old style and keep the rosters together so superstars our fighting on both shows..

Oh yeah I also loved seeing CM Punk last night, even though I don't really like his straight edge style I love his performance in the ring.

Note: This is all my opinion, if they don't combined the brands it won't be the end of the world and I will still follow Raw as much as possible. And hopefully Alberto and Drew get drafted too Raw :)

jman
08-31-2010, 06:56 PM
the draft is a joke can always predict it's so boring and obvious womens champs swap n midcarders i.e kofi going to smackdown to elevate himself yet he's lower down than before

AGEOFFALL
08-31-2010, 10:40 PM
Here is another thought. What about live events?

Robstar
09-08-2010, 09:31 PM
So who do you think? Will they put it on SuperCena? Randy Orton? Those two seem most likely to me. (Most likely to be chosen by WWE, that is) Maybe even Undertaker.

Personally, I'd like it to be Christian, but I doubt that will happen.

Mystic Gohan
09-08-2010, 09:51 PM
I can see them putting it on Chris Jericho. If you look at it he was the "first EVER undisputed champion", so why not have him do it again. That way there is no dispute (no pun intended) over who the first ever undisputed champ is, he'll have won it both times, and it's not as confusing.

hhhistheman
09-08-2010, 09:53 PM
do you accually think that will happen again. Highly doubtful but if it was to happen the way there pushin the mizhate to say this but he would be a good canidate.

TheDevilsAdvocate
09-08-2010, 10:04 PM
The Miz would be a great idea.

SilverGhost
09-08-2010, 10:08 PM
Horrible idea but eh....

AGEOFFALL
09-08-2010, 10:15 PM
If Cena ends up wrestling Taker at Wrestlemania, then it'll probably be Orton or Punk.

Jazz
09-08-2010, 10:19 PM
Super Cena of course.

Tha Crows Nest
09-08-2010, 10:37 PM
I hope not Cena but much like Jericho it could be a huge push to the top if a up and comer were to do it. Honestly based on the way he was being pushed if they start it up again I could see "The Chosen One" Drew McIntyre being the one to do it.

IrkenInvader
09-09-2010, 12:50 AM
I hope not Cena but much like Jericho it could be a huge push to the top if a up and comer were to do it. Honestly based on the way he was being pushed if they start it up again I could see "The Chosen One" Drew McIntyre being the one to do it.

That does not seem like a bad idea.

DirtySteal
09-09-2010, 10:42 AM
I like the idea of putting it on Drew McIntyre. They can play off the "Chosen One" gimmick on the Title, saying he was the chosen one to become the champ.

Or Miz is another good idea, This would hopefully have the same effect that it had on Jericho when he won it.

It would be pointless to give it to Cena, it would just prove even further that WWE can't make new stars and just bum him (metaphorically speaking of course)

the Bigz
09-09-2010, 11:50 AM
I've got 3 letters for you- HHH

SilverGhost
09-09-2010, 12:00 PM
Maybe, maybe not Triple H. I am not saying anything since he does have a new position in the WWE as an executive but hey anything can happen.

AGEOFFALL
09-09-2010, 03:45 PM
Captain Charisma.

SportsFanBran321
09-09-2010, 07:18 PM
I would really like to see triple h get it or somebody can a push like morrison,truth,mcintyre,or christian. But not Cena

AGEOFFALL
09-10-2010, 03:03 AM
I would really like to see triple h get it or somebody can a push like morrison,truth,mcintyre,or christian. But not Cena

Cena will end up winning the undisputed title eventually though.

jrdudley
09-10-2010, 10:00 AM
I WOULD LIKE TO SEE DREW MCYNTIRE or THE MIZ
THEY WOULD BE GOOD IF ITS A UNIFACTION MATCH LIKE IT WAS SAID IT SHOULD BER A TRIPLE THREAT B/W TWO CHAMPIONS AND THE ROYAL RUMBLE WINNER
AND IT SHOULD BE A NO DQ MATCH TOO

DirtySteal
09-10-2010, 01:13 PM
I'd like to see a Morrison Heel turn to get the Undisputed Title, he was 10 times better as a heel.

DXsuckit
09-10-2010, 01:56 PM
only someone who has had many championships could possible be the undisputed champion first... otherwise it would look like a joke if someone like morrison or miz or someone like that would get it. ridiculous to even consider giving it to anyone who has not been a would champion at least twice. who ever wins the title at night of champions on raws side will be the next undisputed champion that will be the first step, they wanna sho us that on raw that person is the top and they will get the undisputed title.

AGEOFFALL
09-10-2010, 03:21 PM
only someone who has had many championships could possible be the undisputed champion first... otherwise it would look like a joke if someone like morrison or miz or someone like that would get it. ridiculous to even consider giving it to anyone who has not been a would champion at least twice. who ever wins the title at night of champions on raws side will be the next undisputed champion that will be the first step, they wanna sho us that on raw that person is the top and they will get the undisputed title.

Not necessarily. If someone who has never won a world title wins the undisputed title they can still make look credible.

DirtySteal
09-10-2010, 04:51 PM
only someone who has had many championships could possible be the undisputed champion first... otherwise it would look like a joke if someone like morrison or miz or someone like that would get it. ridiculous to even consider giving it to anyone who has not been a would champion at least twice.

Cause it was ridiculous to let Jericho become the first undisputed champion?

Robstar
09-10-2010, 05:11 PM
Cause it was ridiculous to let Jericho become the first undisputed champion?

Yeah, such insight huh? He should be working for Vince!

SilverGhost
09-10-2010, 09:32 PM
My thoughts it should be either Undertaker or Christian xD

DXsuckit
09-10-2010, 10:23 PM
he was a great superstar with many moves and a good attitude he was the exact defintion of wat i meant to having a world champion win that title duh jees read and understand everything before you say something.

Tha Crows Nest
09-10-2010, 11:36 PM
This is like the second thread I have had to say this to this guy but.... Do you not understand how to build new stars? The days of 20 squash matches getting the guy over and then a title shot are over. Personally I think that only works with a certain build of wrestler which happens to be what Vince likes. I think you have to be huge like Brock Lesnar was for squash matches to still go over for you. But I still stand by my opinion of Drew Mcintyre. I think if it were to happen at Wrestlemania it would obviously have to be a Triple Threat match with the 2 champions and a Royal Rumble winner. So I could see Drew Winning the Royal Rumble and then Main Eventing with the likes of Orton and Punk or something.

Robstar
09-11-2010, 12:30 AM
he was a great superstar with many moves and a good attitude he was the exact defintion of wat i meant to having a world champion win that title duh jees read and understand everything before you say something.

Oh I'm sorry if I didn't understand you - maybe you could work on that diction? We should take the time to understand your comments when you are clearly not offering anyone else the same courtesy? Or is your version of me understanding that I agree with you, because I should know there's no way you'd be wrong, let alone I should have the right to disagree?

You're not Vince Russo are you?

AGEOFFALL
09-11-2010, 02:26 AM
This is like the second thread I have had to say this to this guy but.... Do you not understand how to build new stars? The days of 20 squash matches getting the guy over and then a title shot are over. Personally I think that only works with a certain build of wrestler which happens to be what Vince likes. I think you have to be huge like Brock Lesnar was for squash matches to still go over for you. But I still stand by my opinion of Drew Mcintyre. I think if it were to happen at Wrestlemania it would obviously have to be a Triple Threat match with the 2 champions and a Royal Rumble winner. So I could see Drew Winning the Royal Rumble and then Main Eventing with the likes of Orton and Punk or something.

Thank you.

SilverGhost
09-11-2010, 11:43 AM
Orton or Punk are good choices also!

Taker, Christian, Orton or Punk for Undisputed Champ.

DXsuckit
09-11-2010, 02:41 PM
you guys dont understand what i meant to give the title to someone with a couple title reigns would make the title look even stronger giving it to a newer superstar for a push is a good idea i never said it wasnt my opinion though is giving it to a top star then having a newer star take it would make it more interesting to watch while still giving the belt to a super super star and giving a push to a superstar later. my point was to make it seem like such a big deal they need to give it to a bug superstar first. thats my opinion. plus it would be more interesting watching all the greats in a match for it first tell me you wouldnt like to see that huh.

AGEOFFALL
09-12-2010, 12:18 AM
you guys dont understand what i meant to give the title to someone with a couple title reigns would make the title look even stronger giving it to a newer superstar for a push is a good idea i never said it wasnt my opinion though is giving it to a top star then having a newer star take it would make it more interesting to watch while still giving the belt to a super super star and giving a push to a superstar later. my point was to make it seem like such a big deal they need to give it to a bug superstar first. thats my opinion. plus it would be more interesting watching all the greats in a match for it first tell me you wouldnt like to see that huh.

I'm getting tired of seeing the "top dogs" aka the same guys in the main event, time and time again.

SilverGhost
09-12-2010, 07:01 AM
I'm getting tired of seeing the "top dogs" aka the same guys in the main event, time and time again.

Same. It makes things dull and uninteresting.

DirtySteal
09-12-2010, 09:28 AM
There would be no point in unifying the titles if we were just going to have the same rivalries as we have now. If Miz cashed in the briefcase to take the new title, that would be good. Or Punk to take it.

WWE NEEDS new main eventers, we've had Orton, Sheamus and Cena for way too long now, they are like a boring version of Rock, Austin and HHH IMO.

TheDevilsAdvocate
09-12-2010, 10:25 AM
WWE NEEDS new main eventers, we've had Orton, Sheamus and Cena for way too long now, they are like a boring version of Rock, Austin and HHH IMO.

Ouch. You hit the nail right on the coffin with that one.

SilverGhost
09-12-2010, 01:00 PM

CM Punk, Big Show, Kane, Christian, and Undertaker to the rescue!

Robstar
09-12-2010, 02:53 PM
I'm thinking I'd be ok with CM Punk

AGEOFFALL
09-12-2010, 07:36 PM
Punk, Christian, Miz, Morrison, Kofi.

IrkenInvader
09-12-2010, 07:53 PM
Punk, Christian, Miz, Morrison, Kofi.

With Taker and HHH soon to be retiring Punk and Christian will be moved up. Morrison and Kofi need to work on their mic skills, but they will be main eventers in few years.

chaos75
09-12-2010, 10:32 PM
I like the idea of having the chosen one having the title, but maybe have jericho leave and then come back at the rumble to win and he'll have to verse Punk and Miz in the same night

AGEOFFALL
09-13-2010, 03:33 AM
soon punk and christian will become the veterans of the main event scene.

TheDevilsAdvocate
09-13-2010, 03:43 AM
[QUOTE=AGEOFFALL;5182]soon punk and christian will become the veterans of the main event scene.[/QOUTE]

Christian should be there already dude. By the time CM Punk is even a veteran Christian will be at the super market looking for a cool looking walking cane.

AGEOFFALL
09-13-2010, 03:47 AM
[QUOTE=AGEOFFALL;5182]soon punk and christian will become the veterans of the main event scene.[/QOUTE]

Christian should be there already dude. By the time CM Punk is even a veteran Christian will be at the super market looking for a cool looking walking cane.

christian should be there and i consider cm punk a wrestling veteran even if wwe won't.

IrkenInvader
09-13-2010, 11:16 AM
[quote=thedevilsadvocate;5185]

i consider cm punk a wrestling veteran even if wwe won't.

Punk is veteran, he has been in ROH TNA, his indy debut was in the late '90s.

Mr Perfect
09-13-2010, 02:07 PM
CM Punk would be a great pick.. In less Y2J is still around.

IrkenInvader
09-13-2010, 06:50 PM
Sheamus would be good as undisputed, but Drew McIntyre's "chosen one" gimmick seems to have happened at the perfect time for this. So he's probably going to be the one. Don't give it to Jericho he already was the undisputed champ. Give it to a mid carder that has potential. Thats what they did with Jericho, winning both the titles is what put him over.

WFâ„¢ - Original Member!
09-13-2010, 07:17 PM
I think the only two guys can really take this and it's Cena/Orton

SilverGhost
09-13-2010, 10:57 PM

Not those guys.

AGEOFFALL
09-14-2010, 02:29 AM

They'll eventually win the belt anyway so might as well have a new guy be the first to hold the new undisputed title of this era.

SilverGhost
09-14-2010, 12:45 PM
They'll eventually win the belt anyway so might as well have a new guy be the first to hold the new undisputed title of this era.

I am with this idea.

KSTornado
09-14-2010, 01:05 PM
I'm betting it will go to the Miz. If you look back when Jericho got it he had to beat the Rock and Austin to win it and no one thought he would do it. The Miz has almost the same type of body build and they seem to be pretty high up on him since he seems to keep his nose clean, stay out of trouble and kiss ass so my money is on him.

DirtySteal
09-14-2010, 01:27 PM
I'd be happy to see Miz hold it. I'd also like to see him overcome the odds and do it.

IrkenInvader
09-14-2010, 01:55 PM
Over come the odds? Miz has the skills to win.

AGEOFFALL
09-14-2010, 10:20 PM
Miz!!!!!!!!

IrkenInvader
09-15-2010, 05:42 PM
Miz is the most logical choice right now. But Bourne, Sheamus, Christian, Punk, Morrison, are all good choices.

Young Guns
09-16-2010, 05:04 PM
Bryan Danielson, Sheamus, Alberto Del Rio, CM Punk, John Morrison, Christian, Kaval or The Miz. Any of these guys would be good. I think it needs to be someone who has never won a major title (WWE Championship or World Heavyweight Championship) or someone who has only won a major title a few times.

IrkenInvader
09-16-2010, 06:27 PM
Alex Riley.

NickerBaucker
09-20-2010, 04:40 PM
So it looks like there's a chance WWE is gonna start unifying all the championships. Not necessarily a bad idea, but my question is this. Do you guys think they should unify the US and Intercontinental championships? Would that really be for the best? I know the fewer the titles, the more each of them mean, but isn't there room for both?

Ruggy
09-20-2010, 05:01 PM
I'm of the opinion that both "brands" have to have titles, or you are going to have alot of wrestlers with nothing to do.

Tha Crows Nest
09-20-2010, 05:22 PM
I say unify all the titles, but add a Lightweight/cruiserweight division. That would only be the Tag, WWE, Divas, US/IC, and a Lightheavyweight Title only 5 titles and that way some of the smaller wrestlers have more to do other than being jobbers. Chavo should prey for this idea lol

Rangers_Chosen_Hun
09-20-2010, 05:40 PM
i think that the titles that havent been unified yet should stay theway they are it was good they unfied the tag and womans titles though but the us and ic titles should stay seperate same with the world titles

djsoulslayer
09-20-2010, 05:43 PM
I think if they do decide to unify all the titles, they have no other choice than to unify the brands. I just dont see having one world heavywieght champ for two seperate brands. There are too many superstars for there to be only one title...it will leave a lot of younger, less experienced superstars in the dark.

Robstar
09-20-2010, 06:09 PM
Yeah, I think they could make it work by unifying the roster and keeping the 3 shows (I'm counting Superstars & NXT as half a show each). However I do believe they need only one main heavyweight title and use the champ as a floater. And as much as others might not agree, if a wrestler cannot make the commitment to covering all those bases and appearances, say if they're too old and injury prone, then too bad, your time in the main spotlight is over. Deal with it. Step aside and let someone who CAN do it, do it.

As much as I love Undertaker(for instance), he just can't work enough dates now to be in the World title picture and it's unfair to others. Anyway, his feud with HBK just demonstrated that you don't have to be defending or challenge for the title to be THE main attraction. Even if HBK hadn't put his career on the line, they still would have headlined Wrestlemania 26, because it was good old fashioned storytelling in the buildup to the match - something WWE has lost faith in, in recent years. A good rivalry doesn't need to be centered around a title.

So I think, yes, introduce a Lightheavyweight title, 1 Divas title, 1 Tag title(considering the lack of depth here), 1 World title and yes, keep BOTH US and IC titles. It would work!! :D

CDave3
09-20-2010, 07:57 PM
I like it it reminds me of The 2000-2001 days where both wrestlers were on both brands. Remember the Alliance? It show Stone cold on raw and Smackdown Along with Kurt and Rvd to name a few

everton007
09-21-2010, 03:02 AM
i thinkn that they should just leave it how it is or if they do unify them then they should bring back the hardcore or cruizerweight by far the most exciting titles that the wwe have ever had!

jethro
09-21-2010, 10:08 AM
Hardcore matches doesnt work in big crowd,kendostick wacking,trash lid smashin etc...been there done that,and it only works in small venue.

Lightheavyweight title were good when Taka michinoku became the first champ,after that it went down hill.Besides if theres no weight division,it means that smaller guys like Evan Bourne,Rey Mysterio and Daniel Bryan get the chance to wrestle slightly bigger wrestlers than them,and a shot at WWE title.

I think US title and Intercontinental title should not be unify,if it does Intercontinental title should be the main one because that title originated from WWE while US originated from WCW.

Splattered-Dreams
09-21-2010, 11:27 AM
The WHC/WWE belts could be unified - but there NEEDS to be two midcard belts.

UNLESS they secretly want to go back to how it was before Invasion. WWF was SO much better back then. Fuck, midcarders like Godfather, Test, Gangrel, D-Lo Brown, Road Dogg etc back then got MASSIVE reactions. None of the current midcard barely gets a reaction, other than possibly Kofi.

SilverGhost
09-21-2010, 11:38 AM
I am for the title unifications and new titles (re)introduced. I just don't want the midcard titles IC and US to be unifed.

AndyWonder
09-21-2010, 01:54 PM
Unification of every title will be perfect for me. What it may end up doing is making the talent try harder because the contenders list will grow. And I don't see how it would not work at all even though there are two separate brands. Obviously champions will have that priviledge of being the only ones appearing on both shows. Any contender stays on his/her respective brand and depending on who Vince decides should either challenge or win title next the champ, have the challenge made on the #1 contender's respective brand.
Example: WWE/World Heavyweight titles are unified to once again have the WWE CHAMPIONSHIP. Let's say Randy Orton wins unified titles. He can appear on both shows. Vince decides.....let's say, he wants SMACKDOWN superstar Jack Swagger to contend. Orton can appear on SMACKDOWN for that challenge made by Swagger. On RAW the next week, Orton can show up promoting the title feud and creating anticipation for the next encounter in some way while Swagger is off tv until SMACKDOWN. When the following SMACKDOWN rolls around, the next confrontation occurs. They continue a pattern like that until the feud ends. Swagger wins, he can take title to both shows while Orton stays on RAW or Orton retains. Then Vince can alternate and pick someone from RAW like Sheamus. Orton and Sheamus lay down the title match, on SMACKDOWN, Orton promotes feud while Sheamus stays off tv until RAW. To me it is just more of an anticipation build up. That's how I see it. And since there's only that ONE main goal again, it can get the guys to push themselves more to achieve it.

AndyWonder
09-21-2010, 01:56 PM
My point about the world titles unified will also apply to the mid card titles. For the same examples and reasons. The title holders get to show up on both shows anyway so I don't see the difference.

SilverGhost
09-21-2010, 09:27 PM
Unification of every title will be perfect for me. What it may end up doing is making the talent try harder because the contenders list will grow. And I don't see how it would not work at all even though there are two separate brands. Obviously champions will have that priviledge of being the only ones appearing on both shows. Any contender stays on his/her respective brand and depending on who Vince decides should either challenge or win title next the champ, have the challenge made on the #1 contender's respective brand.
Example: WWE/World Heavyweight titles are unified to once again have the WWE CHAMPIONSHIP. Let's say Randy Orton wins unified titles. He can appear on both shows. Vince decides.....let's say, he wants SMACKDOWN superstar Jack Swagger to contend. Orton can appear on SMACKDOWN for that challenge made by Swagger. On RAW the next week, Orton can show up promoting the title feud and creating anticipation for the next encounter in some way while Swagger is off tv until SMACKDOWN. When the following SMACKDOWN rolls around, the next confrontation occurs. They continue a pattern like that until the feud ends. Swagger wins, he can take title to both shows while Orton stays on RAW or Orton retains. Then Vince can alternate and pick someone from RAW like Sheamus. Orton and Sheamus lay down the title match, on SMACKDOWN, Orton promotes feud while Sheamus stays off tv until RAW. To me it is just more of an anticipation build up. That's how I see it. And since there's only that ONE main goal again, it can get the guys to push themselves more to achieve it.

This idea was already around at 2003. I'm not saying its bad but WWE is kinda going backwards for some reason with these title unifications.

The reason why I am for the unifications EXCEPT the mid card titles is because the midcarders needs a title from the show to grow. From there, more guys will climb up for WWE/WHC title contention.

mikenigma
09-21-2010, 11:21 PM
I'd like to see them all unified. Back in the 80's and 90's the roster was just as big (or bigger), and because of good writing and character development everything worked out well. It's gonna take the current writers to step it up, as well as a rebuilding of the tag team division to work.

chaos75
10-06-2010, 04:53 PM
I've been hearing rumors about the WWE wanting to unify the WWE and WHC at Wrestlemania, so if they do, how do you think it would be done?

I could see Miz winning the RR (still got the MITB Briefcase) and at the Ellimination Chamber he cashes in his MITB contract on one of the champs and then challenges the other champ at Wrestlemania with his Royal Rumble gaurenteed title match.

Tha Crows Nest
10-06-2010, 04:54 PM
If they are going to unify the WWE and the World Title at Wrestlemania then what happens to the Royal Rumble winner? Wouldnt the match have to be a triple threat? I am defenitly not complaining and I think they could find a way to make it a Epic Match. I just wanted to know what u guys thought and if you had any ideas.

chaos75
10-06-2010, 04:56 PM
Ha, I just osted a similar thread!

I think Jericho should come back at Rumble and win, but I don't know who the champs should be...

Robstar
10-06-2010, 04:58 PM
I like this, it's kind of left field but I think it could work. Miz could be the man though I can't help but see him as a DQ champ much like Flair was in the Horsemen. He'd get a lot of respect across the board if it was done the way you suggested

DirtySteal
10-06-2010, 05:48 PM
I think Cole would have a fit if that happened, God can you image his rants?

svcello
10-06-2010, 05:56 PM
likely possible because the winner of the royal rumble could face off against the title holders at the unification match or compete at the intercontinental and us championship unification match which both are triple threat matchs unless if WWE takes away the 30 man royal rumble match due to unification matchs.

Scottland
10-06-2010, 06:36 PM
Ha, I just osted a similar thread!

I think Jericho should come back at Rumble and win, but I don't know who the champs should be...

It was reported that Jericho probably won't be even around for Wrestlemania because of Jericho's band touring. So, the chances of Jericho being involved are slim if not at all.

Scottland
10-06-2010, 06:40 PM
WWE will find away to have a Triple Threat Match with Orton (anti-hero) Vs. Cena (babyface/heel) Vs. Triple H (heel) for the unified WWE World Championship. There going to have there biggest stars in that match & those three are ahead of everyone (the only other person in that group would be Taker but rumor has it he will be facing Sheamus). One of the three will win the Royal Rumble while the other two will have the two titles.

Side Note: The last time all three man where in a Triple Threat Match together Randy Orton won the WWE Championship in that match.

Scottland
10-06-2010, 06:48 PM
I've been hearing rumors about the WWE wanting to unify the WWE and WHC at Wrestlemania, so if they do, how do you think it would be done?

I could see Miz winning the RR (still got the MITB Briefcase) and at the Ellimination Chamber he cashes in his MITB contract on one of the champs and then challenges the other champ at Wrestlemania with his Royal Rumble gaurenteed title match.

I highly doubt the WWE will put all it's chips on The Miz to become the unified WWE World Champion. The Miz though will probably make history in being the first to LOSE a cash-in match with the MITB Briefcase which would be great especially if they hype it over time as if The Miz is so confident & 100% certain in becoming WWE Champion when cashing in but fails in the end. Classic!

merhardt03
10-06-2010, 07:58 PM
The Miz as unified world champion dont seem likely but nobody ever guessed Chris Jericho to do it at the end of 2001. Who knows?

Scottland
10-06-2010, 09:23 PM
The Miz as unified world champion dont seem likely but nobody ever guessed Chris Jericho to do it at the end of 2001. Who knows?

Wait...are we putting The Miz in the same class as Chris Jericho? Come on now...

Tha Crows Nest
10-06-2010, 09:41 PM

I'm not saying your right about Jericho and Miz in the same class but u have a point with comparing the two. Whoever is the Undisputed champ needs to be a up and comer possibly someone who has never been champ and it really should be a heel so theyu can always brag about it like Jericho did. If not the Miz it needs to be someone of that catagory I would also love to see a Straight Edge Unified WWE World Champion.

Robstar
10-06-2010, 10:01 PM
Wait...are we putting The Miz in the same class as Chris Jericho? Come on now...

Why not? Considering the leaps and bounds The Miz has taken in the last year or two, I'm not sure they are too dissimilar.

Let's check it off;
*A young brash loudmouth - check
*Able to draw a huge reaction from the crowd - check
*A considerable moveset - check
*Someone who many consider would never make it - check
*The ability to tell a story in the ring - double check

There will only ever be one Y2J, but IMO the comparison stands worthy. Like it or not, The Miz is the embodiment of the future of WWE, moreso than Orton or Cena even

SilverGhost
10-06-2010, 10:10 PM

uh....not check.

He needs a new finisher.

Scottland
10-06-2010, 10:14 PM
Why not? Considering the leaps and bounds The Miz has taken in the last year or two, I'm not sure they are too dissimilar.

Let's check it off;
*A young brash loudmouth - check
*Able to draw a huge reaction from the crowd - check
*Someone who many consider would never make it - check
*The ability to tell a story in the ring - double check

There will only ever be one Y2J, but IMO the comparison stands worthy. Like it or not, The Miz is the embodiment of the future of WWE, moreso than Orton or Cena even

How can you say The Miz is the embodiment of the future of WWE more so than Orton or Cena? Sorry but as long as Orton & Cena are around Miz will not be over them let alone they are all around the same age (Orton & Miz were both born in 1980 while Cena was born in 1977.) Cena's time as the top guy is dwindling & Orton is being prepped as the next big thing let alone Orton just signed a 10 year deal with WWE. If anything, Orton is the embodiment of the future of WWE way more then The Miz. Miz will never be the face of WWE especially since they are the same age & Orton is a far superior performer then Miz & Orton is good on the mic but his actions speak for him in most cases. The only thing Miz has going for him is his mouth but his wrestling skillet is average at best (it's really no better then Cena's skillset which isn't that great to put it nicely). Jericho was a far more superior on the mic & in the ring then Miz. The comparisons are not even close. Miz is a mid-card talent at best but great talent is hard to find which is the only reason why a mediocre talent like Miz would even be considered a top guy.

Robstar
10-06-2010, 10:17 PM
I'm confident enough to let time tell. I'm not looking for anyone to piss in my pocket and agree with me.

Scottland
10-06-2010, 10:19 PM
I'm confident enough to let time tell. I'm not looking for anyone to piss in my pocket and agree with me.

piss in my pocket? What a interesting terminology.

Robstar
10-06-2010, 10:25 PM
piss in my pocket? What a interesting terminology.

You never heard that Scottish? Funny I thought it originated from the UK. I'm sure I heard it on Open All Hours or Benny Hill or something....lol

taco78
10-07-2010, 12:16 AM
In my opinion they cant unify the titles because they are going to basically cut in half the superstars on the shows. It just wont happen the way they are brining in so many stars from nxt and all that. Too many stars for 1 world title. Its aready dumb to watch wwe. Just cant happen unless alot of thee top smackdown stars are retiring ie Undertaker Kane Edge Rey they have to cut something

Gtayay
10-07-2010, 01:21 AM
It would be dumb to unify too many more titles as long as there are two brands. I do see it working if say for instance triple h returns at rumble but comea up short then next night on raw wins wwe title, then makes appearance on smackdown and claims world title as well, with good promos to build hype at start of shows. Have him defend both at elimination chamber, he reatains 1st but loses 2nd. That way he has an impact upon return, but at same time would still set up two title matches for wrestlemania!

the game
10-07-2010, 01:43 AM
is everyone forgeting the undertaker.there is a good chance he could b heavyweight champ at mania,and if they are planing on unifieing the titles at mania,i cant see them ending the streak.just my thought.would b good to see an elimination chamber at mania.with the 6 top guys...orton.triple h.cena.undertaker,sheamus and edge

Scottland
10-07-2010, 03:19 AM
You never heard that Scottish? Funny I thought it originated from the UK. I'm sure I heard it on Open All Hours or Benny Hill or something....lol

Lol...just to tell you I'm not from Scotland the country let alone I'm not even scottish. I'm am American as the name "Scottland" is a nickname. Notice how I added a extra "t" to the name & no, I don't dress scottish or anything of the such. So, no...I never heard that terminology. I'm American as apple pie.

TheDevilsAdvocate
10-07-2010, 04:41 AM

I would have never thought of that. Kudos for the imagination!

vbirwin
10-07-2010, 07:28 AM
The Royal Rumble is my favorite WWE event but I've said for years that they need to get rid of the stipulation that the winner goes on to a title match at Wrestlemania. Why? because it kills the unpredictability of the Rumble. If you know that the winner is going on to a headline match at Mania then you know only one of a handful of guys will win it. I like to hope that if someone like Evan Bourne comes in at # 30 they could pull off an upset. But with this stipulation in place you know that it will be one of maybe 4 guys.

In the old days just winning the match was reward enough. But since nowadays they need to have a bigger reward the make it a guaranteed match of the winners choice at the next PPV. That way they could choose a title match if they wanted or if there was someone that they really hated they could ask for a cage match against that person. Something like that.

Tha Crows Nest
10-07-2010, 11:56 AM
In my opinion they cant unify the titles because they are going to basically cut in half the superstars on the shows. It just wont happen the way they are brining in so many stars from nxt and all that. Too many stars for 1 world title. Its aready dumb to watch wwe. Just cant happen unless alot of thee top smackdown stars are retiring ie Undertaker Kane Edge Rey they have to cut something

I think this is the exact opposite this is the perfect way to build up the credability of the Title even more. If all the superstars are going after 1 World Championship it makes it that much better. Also it means we can have more fueds not based around a title.

Randy Orton
10-07-2010, 12:15 PM
miz wins royal rumble At wrestle mania a triple threat elimination for wwe championship and the world heavuyweight championship, miz gets eliminated about 30seconds into match after a long bloody match we have an unified champion, at which point we go on bout an all time gr8, however the miz runs back into ring anfd cashees in the who cashes in the money in bank and wins... (long long long rannts from michael cole....)

Scottland
10-07-2010, 12:23 PM
miz wins royal rumble At wrestle mania a triple threat elimination for wwe championship and the world heavuyweight championship, miz gets eliminated about 30seconds into match after a long bloody match we have an unified champion, at which point we go on bout an all time gr8, however the miz runs back into ring anfd cashees in the who cashes in the money in bank and wins... (long long long rannts from michael cole....)

The only historic thing The Miz is going to do is be the first to lose with his MITB cash-in.

Robstar
10-07-2010, 07:08 PM
Lol...just to tell you I'm not from Scotland the country let alone I'm not even scottish. I'm am American as the name "Scottland" is a nickname. Notice how I added a extra "t" to the name & no, I don't dress scottish or anything of the such. So, no...I never heard that terminology. I'm American as apple pie.

Lol, fair enough. :)

But while we're addressing interesting terminology, the expression 'as American as apple pie' is a misnomer, as apple pie owes it's origins to the English & Dutch and the first apple pies made in America had no apples in them. Colonists had to plant apple seeds when they first arrived as the apple tree is not native to North America.

But it's true that we ride kangaroos downunder ;)

mikenigma
10-07-2010, 09:04 PM
Honestly if they unify the titles again, then I think Jericho should be the one to do it. He did it the first time, and why not have him remain the only guy to unify the titles in WWE history? Especially with him being out for a while, he could return in the Royal Rumble.

SilverGhost
10-07-2010, 10:15 PM
Honestly if they unify the titles again, then I think Jericho should be the one to do it. He did it the first time, and why not have him remain the only guy to unify the titles in WWE history? Especially with him being out for a while, he could return in the Royal Rumble.

Not Jericho. Why? He did it already.

Its an honor to be the guy to unify the top belts, but Jericho did that. It has to be someone who is the future of the company.