PDA

View Full Version : Which rivalry was better: Stone Cold Steve Austin-The Rock or HHH-Shawn Michaels?

xStraightxEdgexSaviorx
01-11-2011, 12:56 AM
Sorry I've been slacking lately on these polls guys, but I've had to deal with a wide variety of BS lately and I was forced to take a bit of a hiatus. I want to get these final two rivalries in to get the tournament going again, but I haven't done the proper research on either of the rivalries to do them justice, so the long write ups will come tomorrow.

Kashdinero
01-11-2011, 07:06 AM
Stone Cold v The Rock. We were blessed to have been fans during this time period. These two werent just over with wrestling fans, they were over with people in general!

MattElder
01-11-2011, 07:27 AM
^^^^^^ What he Said^^^^^^^

thejman93
01-11-2011, 10:30 AM
Stone Cold v The Rock. We were blessed to have been fans during this time period. These two werent just over with wrestling fans, they were over with people in general!

This plus the fact that HBK and HHH hating each other never seemed believeable to me because you knew they were best buds outside of the ring

Tommy Thunder
01-11-2011, 11:36 AM
I'm going for HBK vs HHH. Even though it wasn't believable to think they hated each other, I was able to put that aside. It was a great rivalry that produced very good matches so I'll go for that one.

Kashdinero
01-11-2011, 09:02 PM
Summerslam 2002. HBK's return match with HHH was great, as were the majority of their matches, but not great enough to win this. Even putting their real life friendship aside and looking at it strictly in a kayfabed way, I'd still go with the Attitude era Gods that were Austin and The Rock.

The Brown One
01-11-2011, 09:07 PM
I have to say, there cannot be a bad word said about both of these rivalries. They are all solid performers that helped to build the WWE into a wrestling juggernaut. However, the fact that Trips and HBK were best friends in real life kind of ruined the illusion of their hate for each other in the feud. I always preffered The Rocks and Stone Colds matches to Trips and HBKS bouts too. The Rock and Stone Cold revolutionized wrestling, and were the key figures in the Attitude Era. It was because of them that I started to like wrestling again, and have been a fan ever since. So for me, this one goes to Triple H-HBK.

xStraightxEdgexSaviorx
01-12-2011, 03:10 AM
I have to say, there cannot be a bad word said about both of these rivalries. They are all solid performers that helped to build the WWE into a wrestling juggernaut. However, the fact that Trips and HBK were best friends in real life kind of ruined the illusion of their hate for each other in the feud. I always preffered The Rocks and Stone Colds matches to Trips and HBKS bouts too. The Rock and Stone Cold revolutionized wrestling, and were the key figures in the Attitude Era. It was because of them that I started to like wrestling again, and have been a fan ever since. So for me, this one goes to Triple H-HBK.

Lol Brownie. I'm sure everyone knew what you meant in your comment, but it was still funny to me. My full thoughts on this match-up will come later on today, because right now it's about 3:15 am in the States on the East Coast and I need to get some sleep before I start f'n up what i want to say.

thejman93
01-12-2011, 01:22 PM

ahhahahahahahahaha... that's funny

xStraightxEdgexSaviorx
01-12-2011, 09:36 PM
Hey everybody, sorry again for the delay, but I hope you guys still get a chance to read this before the polls ends. IN this match-up we got THE rivalry from the very popular Attitude Era going up against a very popular rivalry from the Entertainment Era. Both of these rivalries were pretty evenly matched, as is both had really good wrestling and really good promos. To address some of the comments on this match-up, I don't find an issue with them being friends outside of the ring, but I have an innate ability to suspend reality when I'm watching my wrestling, so I can see how that could put off some people honestly. Well anyway, lets get right into some cool videos.

Here is w/o a doubt the coolest video package from a match I've ever seen. i know pretty much everyone has seen this one already, but it's worth another look to say the least:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yT2NbOaj2js

Here is what I believe to be the best match from the Michaels/Haitch feud: SummerSlam '02:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x375z1_shawn-michaels-vs-triple-h-summersl_sport

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3765h_shawn-michaels-vs-triple-h-summersl_sport

My opinion:

Wrestling edge: HBK vs HHH. I haven't really made it a secrete around here that SCSA and Rocky
aint exactly my favorite two in-ring competitors in the world, and although I will admit that they tend to work with one another very well, I still gotta go with HHH and HBK.

Promo edge: SCSA vs Rock. This one was tricky, as you have four of the best talkers of all time, but at the end of the day, I think SCSA and the Rock were given more to work with. Plus I like the fact that they could both play either heel or face well.

Longevity: SCSA vs Rock. Trips and HBK went for a while too, but I don't think they could match 6 or 7 years that Stone Cold and Rock went off and on for.

"Holy Shit" moments. Tie. Both had great spots honestly, but almost all of them came in the promos and not the matches. Too close to call for me.

Impact: SCSA vs. Rock. No contest here. This feud apexed what some believe to be the best era in all of professional wrestling. The money and ratings this feud brought in were both out of this world.

Overall: SCSA vs. Rock. Pretty easy for me actually. The impact that these guys made on the industry was too much to conquer for HHH/HBK

Rich Cranium
01-12-2011, 10:22 PM
I am going with Stunning Steve vs. Rocky Maivia FTW!

*Straight Edge, you owe me a bottle of Advil!

xStraightxEdgexSaviorx
01-12-2011, 11:19 PM
I am going with Stunning Steve vs. Rocky Maivia FTW!

*Straight Edge, you owe me a bottle of Advil!

Lol why do I owe you a bottle of advil? Are one of the videos too loud or are you just not a fan of Limp Bizket?

xStraightxEdgexSaviorx
01-13-2011, 01:11 AM
Poll is over, SCSA and Rock take this one 10 to 1. Congrats to them.