PDA

View Full Version : The ReVerse Effect

Xpacfan
01-10-2011, 10:06 AM
Don't all you WWE and Anti-TNA/Matt Hardy marks know that all these threads that you are making is EXACTLY what TNA and Hardy wants? You're giving them the publicity they crave...obviously TNA is making waves because you all cannot stop talking about it! I hardly see any WWE related threads currently in the new thread section.

Major props to both TNA and Matt Hardy!

Bodom
01-10-2011, 10:08 AM
LOL at a wrestling message board being "publicity"

Xpacfan
01-10-2011, 10:31 AM
Well, those within the industry aren't blind to what those on the internet have to say about things and this site usually is the first to pop up on Google when typing "Wrestling News".

My main point was that TNA wanted to create a buzz and the haters are creating the desired affect. If TNA and Matt Hardy were as irrelevant or miniscule as many potray them as, then they would simply ignore what has recently happened.

HeelTurn
01-10-2011, 10:33 AM
Its well known Matt reads whats been written about him on the internet as he often comments on it later.

Xpacfan
01-10-2011, 10:34 AM
^ as do many others in the wrestling industry

TheDevilsAdvocate
01-10-2011, 10:42 AM
I used to like TNA.. But the publicity they get are mostly from the people who are loyal followers of the Hardys. Anything we say in the thread sections will actually go un-noticed by a lot of people. On youtube when a fan asked him if he read the threads he said, "No. I just read the headlines." though it is possible that he could have changed is tone by now. But I am just really disappointed. Jeff Hardy got jail time an a still fat Matt Hardy jumped into the mix to claim the ground that Jeff Hardy had covered- As if stepping in as a stunt devil to say the least. If you understand what it is that I am truly meaning.

Bodom
01-10-2011, 11:05 AM
Message boards don't count as publicity.

Sorry to "bust your bubble" as many of you like to say.

Xpacfan
01-10-2011, 11:06 AM
I think you're missing the psychology behind what I'm saying but ok

Bodom
01-10-2011, 11:13 AM
There is no "psychology".

It's a wrestling message board. Im willing to bet that these things don't mean shit to the people that matter.

And with the types of posts on here, why would they?

Bodom
01-10-2011, 11:17 AM
Another thing.

You're on a wrestling message board. You have no business calling people "marks" in a non-humorous manner.

Wedge_00
01-10-2011, 11:28 AM
I think the Hardy thing will go over pretty quickly.. Seriously if in two weeks if anyone still gives a damn, I'd be terribly surprised. Seriously if Jeff is going to Jail for a while, that will leave Matt just on his own which makes the Hardy re-unification pretty pointless in a way, you can't have the Hardy mega heel's going around... So who is going to challenge Mr Anderson for the title?

About the only publicity that is going to come out is the fact that Jeff will be going to Jail... Unless Matt starts doing some stellar in-ring performances, I doubt much attention will be had. The RVD and Matt Hardy match was pretty mehhh.... I prefer to see RVD anytime as opposed to Matt Hardy..

But the thing is though, without mentioning Matt Hardy in the PPV. I bet you buyrates for Genesis will pretty low. The responses for the match too, haven't been stellar either; most people seem to be like, "Yeah it was bound to happen..." I think if Matt Hardy wanted to drum up promotion, we'd all be interested to see if he actually broke his 90 day no-compete clause. That would drum up more attention, then any match...

thejman93
01-10-2011, 11:29 AM
Another thing.

You're on a wrestling message board. You have no business calling people "marks" in a non-humorous manner.

There is no "psychology".

It's a wrestling message board. Im willing to bet that these things don't mean shit to the people that matter.

And with the types of posts on here, why would they?

LOL at a wrestling message board being "publicity"

Message boards don't count as publicity.

Sorry to "bust your bubble" as many of you like to say.

You tell 'em Bodsy

Iron Ape
01-10-2011, 11:30 AM
Stupid thread.

Xpacfan
01-10-2011, 11:31 AM
The whole "wrestling board being publicity" stuff was only part of what I said. My main point was, TNA wanted people to have a major reaction to their last ppv and all the people writting these anti-TNA and Matt Hardy threads are reacting the way TNA wants them to. Whether anyone will notice or not is a matter of opinion but the hard facts are that people are having a major reaction to last night's ppv and Matt Hardy's debut...its exactly what TNA wants.

So in the end, the haters are only feeding in to TNA's agenda by saying anything at all about the recent events, more or less a hell of a lot! Again, if TNA is so insignificant and can't get much right, then why talk about it? Obviously they did something right this time... (that's psychology btw)

Bodom
01-10-2011, 11:33 AM
No because you're still implying that posts on a wrestling message board mean something to the people who matter.

They don't

Xpacfan
01-10-2011, 11:38 AM
Now you're just completely ignoring what I said. Regardless if anyone see's what being written....hell, lets say this wasn't a forum board but just a group of people talking in person:

What I'm saying is, the fact that so many people are talking about what happened (positive or negative) makes TNA look credible. If TNA was of little significance then no one would care enough to talk or write about it. Which totally contridicts what most TNA and Matt Hardy haters have to say about either. Get it?!

thejman93
01-10-2011, 11:38 AM
No because you're still implying that posts on a wrestling message board mean something to the people who matter.

They don't

Dixie Carter and Eric Biscoff couldn't give two shits what roody-poo candyasses like us have to say

Stump
01-10-2011, 11:42 AM

They don't

Why in the hell are we having another "Matt Hardy is good, no he sucks" thread any damned way?

Bodom
01-10-2011, 11:45 AM
Now you're just completely ignoring what I said. Regardless if anyone see's what being written....hell, lets say this wasn't a forum board but just a group of people talking in person:

What I'm saying is, the fact that so many people are talking about what happened (positive or negative) makes TNA look credible. If TNA was of little significance then no one would care enough to talk or write about it. Which totally contridicts what most TNA and Matt Hardy haters have to say about either. Get it?!

A few threads =/= "so many people talking". A "group of people talking in person" is an even worse analogy.

I did read what you said, and you implying that message boards mean something, destroyed any chance of me taking it serious.

And a serious LOL at thinking threads on a message board makes TNA "credible". You're still implying importance to something that has no importance.

Bodom
01-10-2011, 11:46 AM
Why in the hell are we having another "Matt Hardy is good, no he sucks" thread any damned way?

Im still groggy from just waking up, but thank you for reminding me.

Closed