PDA

View Full Version : why taking tna tv on the road is so simple

mistertna
01-09-2011, 03:44 PM
ok heres the thing, rumors going round saying dixie and crew want to take impact on the road every now and then, and its real easy, tna usually do 3 house shows in the same arena in deifferent venues, but every now and then they dont get a full house, so insted of doing that do 2 days of tv in a bigger arena nearby 3 towns they usually run and they will get a full house. another thing would be say when they do a ppv on the road find a smaller venue nearby to do to 2 days of tv tapings in after the ppv. plus i read somewhere that wrestlemania gets a full week of hype in a town but BFG only gets a weekend so say the have this years BFG in new york at madison square gardens (btw that would be awsome) have a live impact in the manhatton centre on the thursday then the fan axcess on friday and saturday, ppv on sunday the 2 tv tapings on monday and tuesday, its very easy and very logical because the impact zone is anoying and the fans that go there a god dam annoying.

SilverGhost
01-09-2011, 03:46 PM
The problem is that the guys love the light travel schedule because its less hectic for them.

BUT I do agree that being there in the Impact Barn Zone isn't good and need to spread the product more, even if its crappy Immortal.

wallyman
01-09-2011, 04:08 PM
ok heres the thing, rumors going round saying dixie and crew want to take impact on the road every now and then, and its real easy, tna usually do 3 house shows in the same arena in deifferent venues, but every now and then they dont get a full house, so insted of doing that do 2 days of tv in a bigger arena nearby 3 towns they usually run and they will get a full house. another thing would be say when they do a ppv on the road find a smaller venue nearby to do to 2 days of tv tapings in after the ppv. plus i read somewhere that wrestlemania gets a full week of hype in a town but BFG only gets a weekend so say the have this years BFG in new york at madison square gardens (btw that would be awsome) have a live impact in the manhatton centre on the thursday then the fan axcess on friday and saturday, ppv on sunday the 2 tv tapings on monday and tuesday, its very easy and very logical because the impact zone is anoying and the fans that go there a god dam annoying.

touring aint as easy as u think...u gotta take camera crew the production truck.....and all this extre expenses that they dont have in the impact zone..also no other wrestling company can run msg bcuz vince owns stocks there and he doesnt allow it...so yeah...it looks easy but its actually really difficult

RevolutionIcon
01-09-2011, 04:26 PM
I would love to see it, but with all the veterans who like to work close to home its almost impossible. And I know a lot of the IWC could care less about the veterans and would let them go but it isn't going to happen.

BUT. If you had a second show, even if it started out as a one hour show, for talent willing to travel, basically the TNA originals.. You could do that to show off the future of the company to North America. It wouldn't have to be a different roster, because that would suck, storylines can still flourish and the veterans can still be selfish. The title holders and anyone in a fued not wanting to travel would only have to do so once a week fo the one taping. Then back to Orlando Studios they go. Really, it wouldn't be too too bad.

TNA 'The very best'
01-09-2011, 04:29 PM

Wow can't believe that no one has ever come up with that idea before., I love TNA but no way on earth would the fill MSG or even half full iteven for BFG, Secondly, Money, TNA has none or very little, Thats why they aren't on the road, I would love to see them on the road but not going to happen this year atleast. and if they do it will be the same as going against raw on mondays, very short lived.

RevolutionIcon
01-09-2011, 04:31 PM
I'd actually be willing to watch TNA for even five more years if it got stuck in the Barnyard there or whatever everyone calls it.. If it meant the TNA Knockouts could get paid properly.

mistertna
01-09-2011, 04:52 PM
heres the annoying thing about tna touring theres this place in new york called the manhatton centre you may of heard of it (note the sarcasim) now when tna went to new york the went to a baseball park and drew 5,500 people it would make sence for tna to run the manhatton centre (which btw theyve filled) and do tapings not to mention you could make money buy selling tickets, make it the new main venue to have tv tapings insted of running the orlando barnhouse where you dont get a dime out of admision and draw families who dont watch wrestling and think its wwe and those god dam fucking hogan marks that you see every week and only care about themselfs and try to make the show about themselfs

TNA 'The very best'
01-09-2011, 05:00 PM
heres the annoying thing about tna touring theres this place in new york called the manhatton centre you may of heard of it (note the sarcasim) now when tna went to new york the went to a baseball park and drew 5,500 people it would make sence for tna to run the manhatton centre (which btw theyve filled) and do tapings not to mention you could make money buy selling tickets, make it the new main venue to have tv tapings insted of running the orlando barnhouse where you dont get a dime out of admision and draw families who dont watch wrestling and think its wwe and those god dam fucking hogan marks that you see every week and only care about themselfs and try to make the show about themselfs

Thats realistic and not a bad idea, Holding BFG is Crazy And having it based at the Manhattan Centre is not taking TNA on the road, its just moving the location, And as long as hogan is there who lives in Florida, TNA wont move.

mistertna
01-09-2011, 05:12 PM
i know wht u mean but hogan doesnt care about tna anymore he hasnt been at tv for months, i know its storyline and hes had back surgury but why cant he just help out backstage, but ofcourse hogans for hogan and as long as tna pays him while he sits at home on his ass hes gonna make up shit about his back and continue to sit on his ass.

TNA 'The very best'
01-09-2011, 05:16 PM
i know wht u mean but hogan doesnt care about tna anymore he hasnt been at tv for months, i know its storyline and hes had back surgury but why cant he just help out backstage, but ofcourse hogans for hogan and as long as tna pays him while he sits at home on his ass hes gonna make up shit about his back and continue to sit on his ass.

Now we agree on something.

RevolutionIcon
01-09-2011, 05:19 PM

Um, he's not making anything up regarding his back. I actually appreciate him for showing up at BFG, he didn't have to do that, that's dedication to a very important part of a storyline, Jeff Hardy needed him there for that.

His back is fucked man, thats kind of naive to be saying.

El_Dandy_LWO
01-09-2011, 05:35 PM
Hello everyone. Yes, thats right, El Dandy is back. Ive been rock and rollin on tour with my band,and now im back to ruin all of your lives...again. Yay me.

SilverGhost
01-09-2011, 05:37 PM
Hello everyone. Yes, thats right, El Dandy is back. Ive been rock and rollin on tour with my band,and now im back to ruin all of your lives...again. Yay me.

Oh mah gawd me iz scared meng/sarcasm.jpg

Rich Cranium
01-09-2011, 05:40 PM
The problem is that the guys love the light travel schedule because its less hectic for them.

BUT I do agree that being there in the Impact Barn Zone isn't good and need to spread the product more, even if its crappy Immortal.

I agree about being stuck in the Impact Zone! For instance, every week that JJ issues a challenge to the audience, I see the same guys volunteering that JJ always avoids which even to the casual fan indicates the use of plants.

RevolutionIcon
01-09-2011, 05:40 PM

Yup it's a PPV day, these people are everywhere among us today. But since El Dandy can spell, and attempts certain grammar I will only point out one thing...

You cannot ruin anyone's life on an internet forum. And if you could, 64 posts would not result in anything successful on these terms.

Your post belongs in the Introductions forum. In this particular forum, we require an opinion, about wrestling, in TNA.

TNA 'The very best'
01-09-2011, 05:41 PM
I agree about being stuck in the Impact Zone! For instance, every week that JJ issues a challenge to the audience, I see the same guys volunteering that JJ always avoids which even to the casual fan indicates the use of plants.

Big fat guy that sits in front row everyweek comes to mind.

RevolutionIcon
01-09-2011, 05:44 PM
Thats the guy Ric Flair stood and listened to with his smile. He's goota know all the talent by now, he's there every week. He must have a dealer on speed dial for his free ticket by now..

SilverGhost
01-09-2011, 05:46 PM
Big fat guy that sits in front row everyweek comes to mind.

That is a cry for help to actually get TNA on the road! Its the same damn people!

The Brown One
01-09-2011, 05:47 PM
Even I noticed the same guy. And I don't watch TNA weekly.
I really appreciate that Hogan showed up at BFG 4 days after he had back surgery. Now thats no easy task and takes alot of willingness. He kept on showing up from there on out. Now if he did that because he wanted to be on tv, and the spotlight to be on him, then hes a selfish old man, that should call it quits. His time in the sun is over. Hes contributed alot to professional wrestling, but now its time that the younger guys do so. I too wouldn't mind Hogan in a backstage position, maybe training the younger guys, but not doing anything in creative.

TNA 'The very best'
01-09-2011, 05:47 PM
That is a cry for help to actually get TNA on the road! Its the same damn people!

I agree it needs to happen, im saying it wont. well not for a while.

El_Dandy_LWO
01-09-2011, 05:51 PM
Yup it's a PPV day, these people are everywhere among us today. But since El Dandy can spell, and attempts certain grammar I will only point out one thing...

You cannot ruin anyone's life on an internet forum. And if you could, 64 posts would not result in anything successful on these terms.

Your post belongs in the Introductions forum. In this particular forum, we require an opinion, about wrestling, in TNA.

You and me are gonna have a good time...bweehee

SilverGhost
01-09-2011, 05:52 PM
I agree it needs to happen, im saying it wont. well not for a while.

At least make some plans for it. Televise this just in the East Coast. Not everywhere.

RevolutionIcon
01-09-2011, 05:53 PM
Even if Hogan showed up at BFG out of selfishness, he had to be there or we would really be complaining about mangled storylines right now.

Even after the PPV when he was on TV, he looked ill. He didn't look at all like he should be there. Now it would be nice to see Hulk Hogan on TV again, but come 2012, when this is all supposed to be over, then he can retire and stay backstage. Or at home, and I don't mean that as against him, he really is getting old and worn out, he should go enjoy the rest of his life.

TNA 'The very best'
01-09-2011, 05:54 PM
At least make some plans for it. Televise this just in the East Coast. Not everywhere.

are you asking me to make plans for them to get on the road or are you just saying that in general???

RevolutionIcon
01-09-2011, 06:08 PM
You and me are gonna have a good time...bweehee

I don't have good times. I work and stay home as much as possible smoking weed so my brain doesn't function at high speeds. A good time for me is a quiet room. A pillow. A blanket. A haze. And my ultra violent daydreams.

We can't have good times, I apologize. My shared good times were used up long ago, I'm amazed I still have functioning kidneys.

Rich Cranium
01-09-2011, 06:13 PM
are you asking me to make plans for them to get on the road or are you just saying that in general???

Yes TNA 'the very best', please call Dixie and get it started ;)

SilverGhost
01-09-2011, 06:13 PM

In general! They have to plan it. LOL

TNA 'The very best'
01-09-2011, 06:16 PM
Yes TNA 'the very best', please call Dixie and get it started ;)

Ok im on it, should have it up and running in about 1-3 years. :D

SilverGhost
01-09-2011, 06:19 PM
Ok im on it, should have it up and running in about 1-3 years. :D

Would be funny if it did happen xD

Anyways....yeah....TNA should be on the road but they gotta plan it. Impact Barn isn't good.

TNA 'The very best'
01-09-2011, 06:25 PM
Would be funny if it did happen xD

Anyways....yeah....TNA should be on the road but they gotta plan it. Impact Barn isn't good.

I'd be very happy if i was on the phone with her, i find her weirdly attractive, TNA needs about 5 or 6 venues around trhe country and do filming in all of them throught the year have ppv's there etc. startsmall doesnt piss of the stars who hate to travel so much,

SilverGhost
01-09-2011, 06:32 PM
I'd be very happy if i was on the phone with her, i find her weirdly attractive, TNA needs about 5 or 6 venues around trhe country and do filming in all of them throught the year have ppv's there etc. startsmall doesnt piss of the stars who hate to travel so much,

http://i811.photobucket.com/albums/zz40/blackjeeep/dixie.jpg

TNA 'The very best'
01-09-2011, 06:34 PM
http://i811.photobucket.com/albums/zz40/blackjeeep/dixie.jpg

Thank you so much :D lol

RevolutionIcon
01-09-2011, 06:41 PM
Gilf!!!!!!!

A.Graham
01-09-2011, 06:52 PM
TNA really need their own venue for money reasons. At the moment they are based in the IMPACT! Zone which is part of universal studios, therefore to get into the audience all you have to do is buy a ticket for universal studios. This results in TNA only getting a share of the gate receipts. Whereas if they got their own venue they could claim 100% of the takings. Also more takings equals more money, so the talent could be better paid and be more willing to travel as a result, and they could maybe afford a production truck.

Bodom
01-09-2011, 06:53 PM
I'd do horrible things to Dixie.

SilverGhost
01-09-2011, 06:54 PM

Bedroom huh?

Bodom
01-09-2011, 06:56 PM
Bedroom huh?

No shit sherlock

TNA 'The very best'
01-09-2011, 06:58 PM

See im not the only one.

The Brown One
01-09-2011, 07:01 PM
TNA really need their own venue for money reasons. At the moment they are based in the IMPACT! Zone which is part of universal studios, therefore to get into the audience all you have to do is buy a ticket for universal studios. This results in TNA only getting a share of the gate receipts. Whereas if they got their own venue they could claim 100% of the takings. Also more takings equals more money, so the talent could be better paid and be more willing to travel as a result, and they could maybe afford a production truck.

Yeah it seems that TNA get the same amount of money every week, from holding their Impact tapings at the Impact Zone. Sure they still make a profit, but they should be thinking about how they can make even more money, to enjoy some of it too. I heard some of the TNA roster(male) make $1000 a week. Thats not much, since they have to pay for their own accommodation and expenses. They should have money to spend on things they like too, entertainment and vacations and shit. To get that, TNAs got to start making changes in their venue, and take their shows on the road.

Iron Ape
01-09-2011, 07:12 PM
Some of you are completely over-simplifying this "take it on the road" business. In this economy, it would be next to impossible for a niche wrestling company to travel the country, producing wrestling programming, and not only recoup their costs, but also make a profit. I don't think some of you have any kind of realistic grasp at the expenses that would be involved in doing that. And this is all ignoring the fact that professional wrestling is a declining industry, and the chances of a minor league company coming along and creating a new audience are almost nonexistent.

HeelTurn
01-09-2011, 07:14 PM
Ive met Dixie a couple of times now at TNA events, all i gotta say is DAMN!

SilverGhost
01-09-2011, 07:15 PM
We aren't asking "do it like WWE and go everywhere."

Do it around where its close to Florida. Like Georgia etc

Iron Ape
01-09-2011, 07:23 PM
We aren't asking "do it like WWE and go everywhere."

Do it around where its close to Florida. Like Georgia etc
And that makes even less sense; you're not going far enough away to truly tap into a new audience, but you're still going far enough away to increase your overhead exponentially.

Tim
01-09-2011, 07:58 PM
If it was easy and profitable to travel more, TNA would have done it already. As someone said, wrestling is currently a declining industry. The WWE has cancelled shows due to lack of ticket sales, and that is with far more exposure than TNA. Granted, TNA would be playing smaller venues, but smaller venues isn't going to cover their overhead. They aren't going to get the major talent to make more than the occasional appearance at these road shows. They already have to take people like Flair and Hogan off the air because their number of appearances is limited in their contracts. Also, ticket sales are only a part of the profits to be had from road shows. There's merchandise sales, which TNA has always struggled with. Part of this is that kids are the driving force behind the bulk of WWE's merch sales, but TNA is not a kid-friendly product. This is the niche they've intentionally gone for. They don't have the kid friendly wrestlers driving the merch sales like the WWE does. Say what you will about John Cena and Rey Mysterio Jr.; they move an awful lot of merchandise sales for the WWE, because the younger fans love them.

Iron Ape
01-09-2011, 08:02 PM
If it was easy and profitable to travel more, TNA would have done it already. As someone said, wrestling is currently a declining industry. The WWE has cancelled shows due to lack of ticket sales, and that is with far more exposure than TNA. Granted, TNA would be playing smaller venues, but smaller venues isn't going to cover their overhead. They aren't going to get the major talent to make more than the occasional appearance at these road shows. They already have to take people like Flair and Hogan off the air because their number of appearances is limited in their contracts. Also, ticket sales are only a part of the profits to be had from road shows. There's merchandise sales, which TNA has always struggled with. Part of this is that kids are the driving force behind the bulk of WWE's merch sales, but TNA is not a kid-friendly product. This is the niche they've intentionally gone for. They don't have the kid friendly wrestlers driving the merch sales like the WWE does. Say what you will about John Cena and Rey Mysterio Jr.; they move an awful lot of merchandise sales for the WWE, because the younger fans love them.
Good post, man.

The Brown One
01-09-2011, 08:52 PM

Thats so true. I like TNA for the fact that it tried to sway away from the WWE, by going back to hardcore wrestling that fans loved in ECW, and the WWE Attitude Era.

El_Dandy_LWO
01-09-2011, 08:53 PM
Ive met Dixie a couple of times now at TNA events, all i gotta say is DAMN!

I met her in Texas, I got to take a picture with her and the x-div belt. I had the privlage of puting my hand around her waist, which was amazingly tight and everything that it should have been, and more. I rule, haha

Iron Ape
01-09-2011, 09:50 PM
I met her in Texas, I got to take a picture with her and the x-div belt. I had the privlage of puting my hand around her waist, which was amazingly tight and everything that it should have been, and more. I rule, haha
You usually have to notify your neighbors of your presence when moving into a new community, huh?

El_Dandy_LWO
01-09-2011, 10:10 PM
You usually have to notify your neighbors of your presence when moving into a new community, huh?

Nope, just your mother. She likes to keep tabs on me.

El_Dandy_LWO
01-09-2011, 10:12 PM

BOOOYAH!!! You goofy mofo

El_Dandy_LWO
01-09-2011, 10:14 PM
BOOOYAH!!! You goofy mofo

El Dandy, youre awesome

El_Dandy_LWO
01-09-2011, 10:15 PM
El Dandy, youre awesome

thats right, thats right

Iron Ape
01-09-2011, 10:22 PM
This joke is kind of contingent upon my mother happening to reside in the referenced community, and that's more than a bit implausible considering that community was never established. Also, the audience for said joke needs to be a busload of 3rd graders, 'cuz they're the only ones who the "your momma" material actually appeals to. Feel free to try again, though.

El_Dandy_LWO
01-09-2011, 10:30 PM
This joke is kind of contingent upon my mother happening to reside in the referenced community, and that's more than a bit implausible considering that community was never established. Also, the audience for said joke needs to be a busload of 3rd graders, 'cuz they're the only ones who the "your momma" material actually appeals to. Feel free to try again, though.

What?! You wanna do what to a bus load of third graders?

IPOOPINTHEBATH
01-09-2011, 11:20 PM

It's kind of funny that you ask that when the quote is right above you in your own post. Failed attempt at humor = you looking like an illiterate idiot = unintentional humor. So in a round about way, you're actually kind of funny.

TNA 'The very best'
01-10-2011, 04:20 AM
It's kind of funny that you ask that when the quote is right above you in your own post. Failed attempt at humor = you looking like an illiterate idiot = unintentional humor. So in a round about way, you're actually kind of funny.

We need a like button like they do on FB, instead i will just go for the traditional saying 'burrrrrrnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn'

The Brown One
01-10-2011, 04:26 AM
We need a like button like they do on FB, instead i will just go for the traditional saying 'burrrrrrnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn'

I'd say. It would be awesome. But the traditional saying is fine for now.

Give it up dude.

tittle97
01-10-2011, 05:26 AM
El Dandy has been humbled.

The Brown One
01-10-2011, 05:50 AM
El Dandy has been humbled.

Hopefully.

HCollins-TNA1
03-16-2011, 05:43 PM

Actually Wrestle-mania get 3 to 5 days of hype..... with Wednesday and Thursday being Travel and media days..... Thursday- Saturday WWE has Fan Axxess....
But as is said i have seen there are costs..... the production trucks and rental cars and etc....
I'm sure as TNA evaulated the number from their 1st arena Impact, they will take Impact on the road more esp. if it made a profit.... maybe even live?????