PDA

View Full Version : Rate the WM29 Build-Up

Cross
04-06-2013, 10:53 PM
Go ahead and rate the buildup fo WM29. For me, I am going to give it a 4. Not saying I hate the actual match-card, just the build-up. Most of the matches (the mid-card) were not even revealed until only within a few week before WM and they just started builing their feuds at that time with no sign they were going to fight before. Like I would of never guessed the Miz would face Wade Barret for the IC Title until only a couple of weeks ago.

Two people I do applaud in thier feud is Alberto Del Rio and Jack Swagger. Through their promos and having an actual reason/storyline why their fighting, these guys are proving something. So, thoughts?

Note: This has been the first time building up a Wrestlemania where Raw was 3 hours. Did not do much of a difference in my opinion.

JohnnyV123
04-07-2013, 12:33 AM
Okay, keep in mind that WWE has had more time this year than any time in their history to build matches. 3 hour Raw, Smackdown, Main Event are all storyline driven shows....not counting things like Saturday Morning Slam and Superstars. Rock vs. Cena for the main event WWE championship might be the most pathetic build I have ever seen for that high profile of a match. Last year at least they had some heat with each other that came out on camera even if it wasn't the greatest build up. What is this year?? They talk about how much respect they have for each other. Ugh.

Taker vs. Punk they are definitely trying but has nowhere near the connection that HBK vs. Taker or HHH vs. Taker had. Something about the build needs me to really believe Punk could do it and that has not come out. I shudder to think what they would have done had Paul Bearer not died.

Lesnar vs. Triple H....just no. Where would that feud even be without Paul Heyman. It's Summerslam all over again and as other people have pointed out what's the big difference between a retired Triple H and the Triple H who works two matches a year....who will still be around all the time as COO.

Swagger vs. Del Rio has done a good job it's a shame it hasn't caught fire. I have to feel this is still creative's fault as Swagger came back too quickly to be put in this spot. Say if he was around for 6 months fairly dominant and then this came out I think it would be over big time.

red-fishy
04-07-2013, 01:24 AM
they had too much time but they wasted it, especially with the divas.

Jack Newport
04-07-2013, 01:39 AM
A very deserving 2.

The show might still be good, but this has been the worst WrestleMania build-up I've ever seen. The 2013 Royal Rumble was supposed to start the Road to WrestleMania 29, which means they were given over 2 months to shape up the PPV of the year. And what they do? They dope around for weeks and slap on random matches at the last minute like WrestleMania is some sort of filler PPV.

Oh, and the biggest load of BS ever? Something I'll never forgive?

Half the champions aren't even on the main card.

HALF THE FUCKING CHAMPIONS IN THE COMPANY AREN'T EVEN ON THE MAIN CARD. :mad:

URATOOL
04-07-2013, 03:22 AM
A very deserving 2.

The show might still be good, but this has been the worst WrestleMania build-up I've ever seen. The 2013 Royal Rumble was supposed to start the Road to WrestleMania 29, which means they were given over 2 months to shape up the PPV of the year. And what they do? They dope around for weeks and slap on random matches at the last minute like WrestleMania is some sort of filler PPV.

Oh, and the biggest load of BS ever? Something I'll never forgive?

Half the champions aren't even on the main card.

HALF THE FUCKING CHAMPIONS IN THE COMPANY AREN'T EVEN ON THE MAIN CARD. :mad:

There are 7 champions on the main WWE roster. 4 are defending on the main card and 1 more on the pre show card. 2 are currently not being featured. Half you say? #mathsfail

rhyno535
04-07-2013, 04:17 AM
There are 7 champions on the main WWE roster. 4 are defending on the main card and 1 more on the pre show card. 2 are currently not being featured. Half you say? #mathsfail

7 champions? If you count the tag team champions as 2 then you are right but he is having a point. The Divas championship match isnt announced and i think we are not going to see a match for that title either. And its a joke that we have a 8 mixed tag team match instead of the US title match. But the biggest piece of shit is that we have the Intercontinental title match on the pre show. why?

Steve Austin
04-07-2013, 04:35 AM
Gave it a 9.

I've quite enjoyed Jericho and Fandango build up.
Ziggler/Big E - Kane and Bryan has been cool. AJ and Kaitlyn has been fine.
Barrett v Miz and the 8 man tag have had sufficient build up for where they are.

The world title match I care least about but still there's been good build up.

The 3 main events and the shield match have all had very good build ups.

Gave it a 9. Looking forward to it!

PHRNOMINAL ENIGMA
04-07-2013, 06:20 AM
4 that's being generous it's sad that the only real match I'm looking forward to is Y2J vs Fandango & thats only because i want to see how Curtis goes.But looking at each individual match you see how sad the build up is

8 person mix tag: The filler match that only get's a storyline threw filler matches on RAW this build up is consisted of 3 -4 tag matches TOF vs Scholars & Bella's vs Funkadactils & 1 backstage cat fight

Y2J vs Fandango: 1 backstage segment 3 blind side attacks

sheild vs Show, Sheamus, Orton: this has basically been the same thing every show a 6 man tag followed by the other team coming out for a mini brawl or promo

tag title match: I think they threw this together last minute after mysterio wasn't working mania but this has just been Ziggler getting his ass kicked followed by Big E attack

Ryback vs Henry: Not the worst big man build up but i've seen better

3 mains: weeks of promos 1 altercation or fight

also the fact that they didn't utilize a final SD before mania I know they have a lot of stuff on but surely getting a final show to solidify the matches is worth it.

I think next year they need to be more on their game & have a back up plan as 1/2 of these feel rushed

FLWWEFan
04-07-2013, 06:38 AM
I gave it a 6 as far as buildup goes.

This was one of the poorer lead-ups to WrestleMania in recent years IMO. They could've done so much better building up some of these matches.

redblade0
04-07-2013, 07:28 AM
Build up 4. (Although I haven't watched Smackdown in Weeks).

Taker Vs. Punk
Good, but not as epic as we're used to for a taker WM match. 6/10

Brock Vs. HHH.
Great. This flowed together really well. From Brock giving Vince an F5 to HHH making Brock a bloody mess, the buildup has been great. Would've been better if it wasn't a rematch. 7/10

Cena vs. Rock II.
Really bad. These two have nothing left to say to each other. The Rocks promos never seem to be directed at Cena. Cena still "needs redemption", which would've made more sense if he never beat BROCK LESNAR at the PPV after WM. 3/10.

ItswrestlingIwantblood
04-07-2013, 09:00 AM
I gave it a 5. I think it could have been worse but all the same it was very bland. With that said I am excited for Punk/Taker. I am somewhat excited for Swagger/Del Rio, and I'm also hoping to see Zigs cash in but I kinda doubt it.

As far as the rest of the show, at this point, I couldn't care less

midian
04-07-2013, 09:04 AM
I'm going to have to give this years build up a 6.

The Hip Hop Hippo,The Funkasaurus and The Funkadactyls vs The Rhoadscholars and The Bella Twins is really only on the card to give the fans a break between the more serious matches.Enough said

Jack Swagger vs ADL I have really been invested in for some time though I will admit that this rivalry is starting to lose some steam.

No U.S Title match and the I.C Title on the pre show is driving me insane

Fandango vs Jericho despite how talented I think both competitors are I would have prefered if Fandango was introduced after WM and had Jericho vs Cesaro instead.Have a build that Cesaro is still clamering on about no American can beat him,In pops Jericho a Canadian.

Ryback vs Henry will be an intense incounter but an awful match.just on the card for Ryback to Shellshock Henry.

Shield vs Sheamus,Orton and Big Show would have been built up better if over the last couple of weeks they had all been in singles matches.Big Show vs Reigns Orton vs Ambrose and Sheamus vs Rollins or swap opponents between Sheamus and Orton.

Team Hell No vs Big E and Ziggie had an all right though rushed build up.Just on the card for Kane,Bryan and Ziggler to have matches.Team Hell No will probably have Kaitlyn at there corner to build up a Divas title match for next months PPV

Triple H vs Brock seems like the only rivalry with a bit of meat on it.

Punk vs Taker has been pretty good but I question what they would of done if Bearer hadn't died.It's just being risque for the sake of it

Cena vs Rock has been a bit hit and miss tbh.Be it the exhausting 2 year build up or having them do important promos/vignettes to early.

They really should have had the Punk vs Taker ashes bit 2 weeks ago and not had them on Monday and had the Rock vs Cena with the panel of legends to end the last Raw before Mania.

Cabers
04-07-2013, 01:15 PM
First year that i am not into it at all i was more excited for the ROH Supercard of Honor show and it didn't disappoint.

SoloGraphix
04-08-2013, 08:04 AM
Based on all the pissy whining about the outcomes, I would say the build up was excellent, it was just that all the hopes as to what should happen as the outcome didn't and now everything "sucked".