PDA

View Full Version : How should long time wrestling feuds end?

TheMadThinker
01-08-2011, 05:20 PM
I have always been a big fan of hell in the cell, but lately the matches seem very watered down. One hour iron man matches always seem fitting to end a feud as well, but unless you have guys that can really showcase a variety of moves it does not work for me. I think some types of matches should just be reserved for long time feuds and not just to hype up a gimmick pay per view.

When you have a long term feud between two wrestlers what do you think should be the final gimmick match to determine who is the best and end their program?

What is your favorite gimmick match in general?

What is your favorite match that ended a long time feud?

HeelTurn
01-08-2011, 06:04 PM
Totally agree, Hell in a Cell is a feud ender. Last year Orton faced Cena in an I quit match, Hell in a Cell and Iron Man match in the space of 3 months. All of those matches are great ways to end feuds. Personally I think Taker and Triple H should have Hell in a Cell as feud enders if its been a long feud.

RomanFlare
01-08-2011, 06:12 PM
Personally, anything brutal is a great feud ender:
TLC
Hell in a Cell
Last Man Standing

Or something to prove who is really better works wonders too:
Ironman Match
2 out of 3 falls

The Brown One
01-08-2011, 06:19 PM
Favourite gimmick match: Elimination Chamber.
Favourite match that ended a long time fued: Hell in a Cell.

I do agree that HIAC has been watered to the point where its just a big cage. Hell that match on Raw to determine the #1 contender for the WWE title had more use of the cage than any of the matches at last years HIAC PPV. Now the fued ender for 6 month+ long fueds IMO should be the Ironman match, if they have time for it. If not, Last man standing.

gohan
01-08-2011, 06:42 PM
me i have always been a fan of ladder matches and tlc match those are my fav well ladder match are a that ends rivalry like matt hardy vs edge what
a classic same with Shawn Micheals vs razor roman

Allison
01-08-2011, 06:49 PM
Arn Anderson uses scissors.

o_O

xD

Rockstar83
01-08-2011, 06:56 PM
Each match should end by either:

Cage Match, Last Man Standing Match or Iron Man Match

Rich Cranium
01-08-2011, 09:39 PM
Arn Anderson uses scissors.

I think that was Sid Vicious.

Allison
01-09-2011, 04:38 AM
I think that was Sid Vicious.

Are you sure? Coz I'm thinking Arn stabbed Sid.

Kashdinero
01-12-2011, 04:39 PM
Are you sure? Coz I'm thinking Arn stabbed Sid.

I'm thinking Sid tried to attack Arn with a wooden chair leg and Arn defended himself by stabbing Sid, but somehow Sid ended up with the scissors and nearly killed Arn by staging him repeatedly....

Bottom line. Both used the scissors. But Arn used them first ; )

Rich Cranium
01-12-2011, 08:42 PM
I'm thinking Sid tried to attack Arn with a wooden chair leg and Arn defended himself by stabbing Sid, but somehow Sid ended up with the scissors and nearly killed Arn by staging him repeatedly....

Bottom line. Both used the scissors. But Arn used them first ; )

I still to this day cannot watch the vid of Sid breaking his leg in WCW!

Kashdinero
01-13-2011, 12:47 AM
I still to this day cannot watch the vid of Sid breaking his leg in WCW!

I watched it a few times back when it happened but as I get older I can't stomach things like that anymore!

How bad was it that WCW tried to garner ratings by repeatedly showing it... Even worse was Stiener breaking chicken bones to make fun of him!!!

The Brown One
01-13-2011, 12:58 AM
I watched it a few times back when it happened but as I get older I can't stomach things like that anymore!

How bad was it that WCW tried to garner ratings by repeatedly showing it... Even worse was Stiener breaking chicken bones to make fun of him!!!

I didn't watch that. I'm happy that I didn't after hearing about Steiners acts lol.

Kashdinero
01-13-2011, 05:01 AM
I didn't watch that. I'm happy that I didn't after hearing about Steiners acts lol.

It was one of the most shocking things I've seen in wrestling. Think about that for a second.

Rich Cranium
01-13-2011, 10:41 AM
That and Owen's death are 2 events I refuse to view!

Kashdinero
01-14-2011, 02:12 AM
That and Owen's death are 2 events I refuse to view!

I was watching Over the Edge live and was left absolutely numb with shock!!

Hayabusa slipping on the middle rope, and breaking his kneck, was another horrific moment, that I only saw in a highlight reel type video on YouTube. I was pissed that they slipped it in as I refused to willingly go out of my way to see it.

Glad to say I've never seen footage of the DloBrown Droz incident.

The Brown One
01-14-2011, 04:15 AM
I was watching Over the Edge live and was left absolutely numb with shock!!

Hayabusa slipping on the middle rope, and breaking his kneck, was another horrific moment, that I only saw in a highlight reel type video on YouTube. I was pissed that they slipped it in as I refused to willingly go out of my way to see it.

Glad to say I've never seen footage of the DloBrown Droz incident.

I haven't seen the Broz and DloBrown incident, but I know that Dlo broke Broz' neck..and felt so bad about it that he contemplated suicide. Thats how bad it was.

I also saw the video you were talking about, last year. That incident with Hayabusa was fucking terrible. Poor guy couldn't walk and move around properly for years.

And it sucked that you had to see Owen's unfortunate death, live.

Kashdinero
01-14-2011, 04:34 AM
I haven't seen the Broz and DloBrown incident, but I know that Dlo broke Broz' neck..and felt so bad about it that he contemplated suicide. Thats how bad it was.

I also saw the video you were talking about, last year. That incident with Hayabusa was fucking terrible. Poor guy couldn't walk and move around properly for years.

And it sucked that you had to see Owen's unfortunate death, live.

Me and my friend stayed up late to watch it. To say it went from bad to worse is an understatement. When JR announced that he had died and the show carried on.... Words cannot describe my disgust. The bad feeling I have towards the company for that decision will never fade.