PDA

View Full Version : an x-division idea

eboy
01-08-2011, 04:17 AM
with the tna x-division aliling and being thin on the ground my idea for its revitelisation is that amazing red & Jay lethal fight off at Against All Odds and go to a draw and a tournement is set up at destination x featuring former x stars and future ones aswell in the tournement

Low Ki Petey Williams Kazarian Jay Lethal Nunzio Sunny Siaki Eric Young Sonjay Dutt Jerrelle Clark Jon Moxley Kid Kash Alex Shelley Chris Sabin Max Buck Jeremy Buck Brian kenderick paul london shark boy

feel free to suggest more x-stars especially indy talent who would do well in the X-division

IPOOPINTHEBATH
01-08-2011, 04:19 AM
These threads should really say "Fantasy" instead of "Idea."

The Brown One
01-08-2011, 04:22 AM
Nunzio? Haven't heard about him in a while. Can he still go?

I like the idea, and its doable, except for some wrestlers. And it would be the most fun part about Impact if it aired. Good idea.

IPOOPINTHEBATH
01-08-2011, 04:24 AM
What they need to do, that's actually, oh I don't know, PLAUSIBLE, is pretty much what they're already doing. Everyone bitches about Robbie E, but they forget that before they brought him in the X Division Title probably hadn't even been seen on Impact for about a month, now it's at least getting air time each week. I mean, shit, it's Lethal and Kaz on Sunday fighting over that belt. About time Kaz shut his fartmouth and put on a decent match.

Red and Lil Red (I swear they called him Chemical Red, which is much cooler, in his debut, but I must have been high) while not on Impact this week did just form and more TV time for Red means it's more likely he STAYS on TV and get's involved in more feuds.

In reality, the X Division goes where the Guns go and that's the closest we're getting to old school X Division, at least for the time being.

eboy
01-08-2011, 04:33 AM
Nunzio? Haven't heard about him in a while. Can he still go?

I like the idea, and its doable, except for some wrestlers. And it would be the most fun part about Impact if it aired. Good idea.

yea i think nunzio can still go he was at hardcore justice and didn't look to out of shape i think he'd be great in the match

The Brown One
01-08-2011, 05:17 AM
What they need to do, that's actually, oh I don't know, PLAUSIBLE, is pretty much what they're already doing. Everyone bitches about Robbie E, but they forget that before they brought him in the X Division Title probably hadn't even been seen on Impact for about a month, now it's at least getting air time each week. I mean, shit, it's Lethal and Kaz on Sunday fighting over that belt. About time Kaz shut his fartmouth and put on a decent match.

Red and Lil Red (I swear they called him Chemical Red, which is much cooler, in his debut, but I must have been high) while not on Impact this week did just form and more TV time for Red means it's more likely he STAYS on TV and get's involved in more feuds.

In reality, the X Division goes where the Guns go and that's the closest we're getting to old school X Division, at least for the time being.

I think it is still plausible. If you want possible right now, I'll give you names of who can compete in the X-Division: Brian Kendrick, Samoa Joe, Kaz, Amazing Red, Lil Red, AJ, Ink Inc, and Gen Me(I believe they have already had a few matches in this case).

yea i think nunzio can still go he was at hardcore justice and didn't look to out of shape i think he'd be great in the match

Yeah I got Hardcore Justice on laptop and watched it. He was in passable shape. But I meant, whats he doing right now, and hows he doing there?

eboy
01-08-2011, 05:40 AM
Nunzio from what i can gather is wrestling for the "nwa on fire" terrertory but there aint alot internet exposure online

The Brown One
01-08-2011, 05:59 AM
Nunzio from what i can gather is wrestling for the "nwa on fire" terrertory but there aint alot internet exposure online
Oh ok then.

IPOOPINTHEBATH
01-08-2011, 06:04 AM
With Bischogan around I really don't see many of those guys listed coming back. A tournament would be great, but we'd probably get something stupid like Jarrett winning.

HeelTurn
01-08-2011, 07:07 AM
I would love to see Senshi and Daniels back in TNA, maybe even Paul London. Unfortunately Bischoff/Hogan seem to have a similar mentality to Vince McMahon and would rather use Rob Terry and the overated Abyss.

mrbluto
01-08-2011, 11:48 AM
I am a firm believer in using the lightweights to open shows, they get the crowd popping and in most cases are better wrestlers than the heavy guys. I hate with all the lightweight talent around the world they dont get used more.

nrb6304
01-08-2011, 12:45 PM
I am a firm believer in using the lightweights to open shows, they get the crowd popping and in most cases are better wrestlers than the heavy guys. I hate with all the lightweight talent around the world they dont get used more.

I disagree COMPLETLY.
The cruserweights back in WCW were used to open shows and that's as far as they ever got.
But IMO, the best, the best, the BEST match TNA EVER freaking had was 2005 Unbreakable AJ Styles vs. Christopher Daniels vs. Samoa Joe X-DIVISION title.
It was one of the first 5 star matches in the US in a long long while.
And secondly, I think A LOT of times people confuse great wrestling with HIGH FLYING. Bryan Danielson, Douglas Williams, Nigel, Samoa Joe, William Regal, Fit Finaly. All some of the GREATEST WRESTLERS of all time, hardly did/do high flying.
I would pay BIG MONEY to see Regal vs. Douglas Williams in a match.
But Alex Shelley vs. William Regal? Not so much.
I'M NOT SAYING THE HIGH FLYERS AND X-DIVISION ISN'T FUN AND AWESOME. I'm just saying it isn't great WRESTLING.

ON TOPIC: I agree with the past, present, and future concept of the X-Division tourny

CobraNightviper
01-08-2011, 08:31 PM
has there ever been a cruiser weight main event(a real one)?I can't think of one right now.

Bodom
01-08-2011, 08:56 PM
has there ever been a cruiser weight main event(a real one)?I can't think of one right now.

In America? Doubt it. You'll have too look to Mexico and Japan for that which is a shame.

But I do remember when the X-Division would main event PPV's.

Unbreakable 2005.

nrb6304
01-08-2011, 09:10 PM

Does AJ Styles vs. Daniels from last year count? Even if it was for the TNA title

Bodom
01-08-2011, 09:15 PM
Does AJ Styles vs. Daniels from last year count? Even if it was for the TNA title

Im not sure AJ and Daniels qualify as "Cruiserweights".

Unless they're in that weight class?

TheDevilsAdvocate
01-08-2011, 09:25 PM
I was shocked when I saw Amazing Red on TNA IMPACT. That guy is like TNA's answer to WWE's Rey Mysterio an they are not even taking advantage of that. Even Kurt Angle wanted to feud with the guy an TNA ultimately turned him down. Also I agree about Paul London. It would be great to see London & Kendrick back together. Add the Worlds Greatest tag team, get Yoshitatus some how, Evan Bourne, Jack Evans, The human Tornado, and a few other guys- Including Yoshihoki! That guy has jaw dropping flexibility, and could be a future TNA Champion.

Bodom
01-08-2011, 09:29 PM
Breaking News: YOSHIHOKI wins TNA World Heavyweight Championship at Genesis

Rich Cranium
01-08-2011, 09:32 PM
I was shocked when I saw Amazing Red on TNA IMPACT. That guy is like TNA's answer to WWE's Rey Mysterio an they are not even taking advantage of that. Even Kurt Angle wanted to feud with the guy an TNA ultimately turned him down.

Angle also wanted TNA to sign Haas/Benjamin but I guess he has very little or no say. Also, I watched some vids of KENTA today courtesy of Kashdinero and he would be a great add as well!

TheDevilsAdvocate
01-08-2011, 09:36 PM
Angle also wanted TNA to sign Haas/Benjamin but I guess he has very little or no say. Also, I watched some vids of KENTA today courtesy of Kashdinero and he would be a great add as well!

I remember that. Its a shame that they did not try hard enough to get those guys.

TheDevilsAdvocate
01-08-2011, 09:37 PM
Breaking News: YOSHIHOKI wins TNA World Heavyweight Championship at Genesis

I would mark out soooo bad if that happened!

eboy
01-09-2011, 09:56 AM
So back on topic who are the indy wrestlers you could see in the x-division

nrb6304
01-09-2011, 01:29 PM
Im not sure AJ and Daniels qualify as "Cruiserweights".

Unless they're in that weight class?

Daniels: 225lb
AJ Styles: 215lb

BILLED WEIGHT courtsey of Wikipedia

I remember in WWF No Mercy for N64 anything below 235lb was "LIGHT WEIGHT".
So if we're going by WWF No Mercy rules, then yes I do think they qualify for Cruserweight status.

Come to think of it AJ Styles was part of a cruserweight tag team in WCW.

RevolutionIcon
01-09-2011, 02:36 PM
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1dgxs_aj-styles-in-wcw_sport