PDA

View Full Version : "The Alpha Male" Monty Brown

Lance Storm
01-07-2011, 10:20 PM
This is my opinion, but I use to love to watch this dude wrestle. Plus, he had spot on promos. Sure the whole Serengeti thing was cheezy, but the WWE dropped the ball on this guy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEqEas9hUAI&feature=related

The Brown One
01-07-2011, 10:21 PM
I loved the Pounce! I think WWE didn't push him more because he no showed at a couple of events on ECW.

Lance Storm
01-07-2011, 10:27 PM
The Pounce was great.....PERIOD!

IPEEINTHESHOWER
01-07-2011, 11:38 PM
This is my opinion, but I use to love to watch this dude wrestle. Plus, he had spot on promos. Sure the whole Serengeti thing was cheezy, but the WWE dropped the ball on this guy.

Hello SHOWERHEADS and SPRINKLERS of all ages. IPEEINTHESHOWER would like to add "dropped the ball" to the list of banished words for 2011. Thank you for your understanding in this matter.:)

SevenCagedTigers
01-07-2011, 11:39 PM
I loved the Pounce! I think WWE didn't push him more because he no showed at a couple of events on ECW.

I don't recall whether or not he no-showed events, but I do remember him missing some events due to there being a problem in his family. IF I remember correctly, his sister passed away and he had to leave to take care of her children, and he later officially left the WWE to take care of his family.

This is of course, all from memory. I might be wrong. But regardless, he really could have been as big as Batista.

Bodom
01-07-2011, 11:40 PM
Hello SHOWERHEADS and SPRINKLERS of all ages. IPEEINTHESHOWER would like to add "dropped the ball" to the list of banished words for 2011. Thank you for your understanding in this matter.:)

Unless referring to a physical ball that was actually dropped

IPEEINTHESHOWER
01-07-2011, 11:54 PM
Unless referring to a physical ball that was actually dropped

Yes bodom, unless referring to a physical ball that was actually dropped like this http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/02/Ball_drop_2_000a_Nevit.gif or this
http://www.gifsoup.com/view/974528/adam-ball-drop-o.gif

those words are officially on the 2011 banish words list:D

CaptainCharisma
01-07-2011, 11:57 PM
Unrelated pic
http://i.imgur.com/Fpa4l.jpg

Los Conquistador
01-07-2011, 11:58 PM
wwe didn't drop the bll with (like they so often did before)
he requested his release due to the previously mentioned problem

however at his age and with guys like Big Zeke on the roster
his opportunity is gone

The Brown One
01-08-2011, 01:05 AM
I don't recall whether or not he no-showed events, but I do remember him missing some events due to there being a problem in his family. IF I remember correctly, his sister passed away and he had to leave to take care of her children, and he later officially left the WWE to take care of his family.

This is of course, all from memory. I might be wrong. But regardless, he really could have been as big as Batista.

Yes I know of the incident. Poor guy. It really wasn't his fault, but his choice and necessity to leave. I wouldn't compare him to Batista. Hes his own man.

Iron Ape
01-08-2011, 01:11 AM

No, you've got the story right. He never no-showed any events. Management had more than adequate notice as to his leave of absence, and he parted ways with the company on completely amicable terms.

CobraNightviper
01-08-2011, 11:24 AM
so does anyone know where he is now?and if he'll be returning to wrestling?

Murphdogg4
01-08-2011, 02:50 PM
I think he's drinking in a bar right now with Wildcat Chris Harris saying "why the Frack did we ever leave TNA?"

TheDevilsAdvocate
01-08-2011, 02:57 PM
The door was left open for him to come back whenever he wants. He left on his own terms due to a family emergency. I think he has a clothing brand or something along those lines now. So I doubt that Monty Brown would drink his sorrows away about something he could easily go back to doing. I bet a 100 dollars that if this family emergency would have never come to happen he would be atleast main eventing the WWE by now.

Rich Cranium
01-08-2011, 03:14 PM
I feel that Mr. Brown is a stand up guy for taking care of his family. Last I heard, the ex NFL player was helping about the football team at his college.

Bodom
01-08-2011, 03:15 PM
I honestly never saw anything in Monty Brown. Solid talent though.

SilverGhost
01-08-2011, 03:31 PM
I honestly never saw anything in Monty Brown. Solid talent though.

He was a beast. Rough around the edges but he could have been a good main eventer.

RomanFlare
01-08-2011, 05:03 PM
I frowned hard when I saw Otunga try to copy the Pounce. The Alpha Male did it so much better. It looked like a frecking car crash.

jman
01-08-2011, 06:13 PM
i think on smackdown vs raw games he was on of the highest rated players so they most of had high hopes for him

The Brown One
01-08-2011, 06:23 PM
I frowned hard when I saw Otunga try to copy the Pounce. The Alpha Male did it so much better. It looked like a frecking car crash.

Otunga couldn't hold a candle to anyone in the WWE, I'm not joking either. They have compared him to The Rock, and his promos don't even have half the charisma that Rocks had. He does a chokeslam kind of move called The Verdict(Sorry I can't remember the name) terribly.

CobraNightviper
01-08-2011, 06:36 PM
I don't know the name of that chokeslam/standing rock bottom is xcalled either that Otunga uses and can anyone else come up with one reason why he's even still in the wwe he's like Hogan(no wrestling skills at all)oh and his wife doesn't count as an excuse she's not a wrestler or sports entertainer.

The Brown One
01-08-2011, 06:41 PM
I don't know the name of that chokeslam/standing rock bottom is xcalled either that Otunga uses and can anyone else come up with one reason why he's even still in the wwe he's like Hogan(no wrestling skills at all)oh and his wife doesn't count as an excuse she's not a wrestler or sports entertainer.

But apparently he gets the WWE publicity..through his wife lol. So hes not going anywhere anytime soon.

Bodom
01-08-2011, 06:49 PM
But apparently he gets the WWE publicity..through his wife lol. So hes not going anywhere anytime soon.

He better pray she doesn't divorce him lol

TheDevilsAdvocate
01-08-2011, 10:05 PM
He is dating that actor right?

Bodom
01-08-2011, 10:08 PM
I thought she was a singer?

TheDevilsAdvocate
01-08-2011, 10:09 PM
She sings?

Bodom
01-08-2011, 10:16 PM
Im assuming?

RomanFlare
01-08-2011, 10:43 PM
I was under the impression his wife was a famous person for doing nothing. (Seriously.)

Bodom
01-08-2011, 10:51 PM
Doesn't that describe over half of the "Celebrities"?

The Brown One
01-09-2011, 01:57 AM
I'm surprised I remember this..Otungas wife is an actor and a singer. I swear the second she can't sing anymore, Davids hairgel budget will be cut.
Shes the only reason hes still employed. If she went on a bender like Lohan, I wonder what would happen to Otunga.

SilverGhost
01-09-2011, 02:07 AM
For those who don't know who Otunga is married to.....she is Jennifer Hudson.

She is a singer and actress.

Iron Ape
01-09-2011, 02:36 AM
I was under the impression his wife was a famous person for doing nothing. (Seriously.)

She was an American Idol contestant who went on to win an Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress for her work in the movie Dreamgirls. She also sold over a million records.

Rich Cranium
01-09-2011, 12:51 PM
She was an American Idol contestant who went on to win an Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress for her work in the movie Dreamgirls. She also sold over a million records.

Furthermore, she met Otunga from when she was watching him on the reality show I Love ? (can't remember what) but they soon met and the rest is history!

Lance Storm
01-09-2011, 01:49 PM
"The Alpha Male" should come back and POUNCE! Otunga and Jennifer Hudson