PDA

View Full Version : My Idea For TNA To Grow(fixed)

Murphdogg4
01-07-2011, 04:46 PM
Part of TNA's problem is watching the same small roster week after week If Tna would change to a sports oriented fed and have a open door policy where they showcased Indy talent as well as their own it would stop their talent from looking stale and give them the illusion of being as deep as the WWE. They would be able to slow down their angles and make them mean more as well. Of course this idea will never happen because neither of the big two think old school wrastlin' would work anymore, they think we want the same old angles and screw job finishes we've been getting for twenty years.

Stump
01-07-2011, 04:59 PM
damn wish I could fix all the typos..

you can lol...click on edit post

Bennyladd1
01-07-2011, 05:00 PM
good idea, can they use indy talent like that though?

Murphdogg4
01-07-2011, 05:01 PM
good idea, can they use indy talent like that though? yes they could, the indy guys would do it for the exposure if nothing else.

Murphdogg4
01-07-2011, 05:02 PM
you can lol...click on edit post

lol ty stump

The Brown One
01-07-2011, 05:03 PM
Its good that the indy talent can get exposure by being in TNA. They deserve it, after perhaps putting on the most entertaining matches in USA. TNA will also benefit from the talent.

HeelTurn
01-07-2011, 05:18 PM
They used to have international talent when they did the x division world cup, or whatever it was called, it was a lot more interesting seeing TNA regulars against some of the best talent from around the world.

68wPayne
01-07-2011, 07:00 PM
TNA's biggest flaw IMO is totally disregarding the importance of the X-Division. What I really don't understand is Eric Bischoff should know that one of the main reasons WCW had an edge was their top notch Cruiserweight division. It's like he's convinced TNA to fight WWE by trying to be WWE. Totally bass-ackwards if you ask me.

CobraNightviper
01-07-2011, 08:29 PM
I don't think Bishoff even thinks anymore he's just Hogan's puppet now

The Brown One
01-07-2011, 09:22 PM
Bischoff has said in a recent interview that he knows that TNA will never be as big as WWE, and he has come to terms with that fact. If the company wants higher ratings they should go back to what made them popular in the first place-their unique take on wrestling. The 6-sided ring, cage matches, and the X-Division.

Rich Cranium
01-08-2011, 12:30 AM
Hogan and Bischoff wanted the 4 sided ring imo because they knew they were bringing in old WCW guys who wouldn't know which way to go in a 6 sided ring.

CaptainCharisma
01-08-2011, 12:49 AM
More 6 sided rings please. Also, TNA won't be complete until Pope holds the title.Less Bitchoff and Hogan

The Brown One
01-08-2011, 12:57 AM
Hogan and Bischoff wanted the 4 sided ring imo because they knew they were bringing in old WCW guys who wouldn't know which way to go in a 6 sided ring.

Funny bastard :P Where did you come up with that? I think it might be true too..I don't think many of the old vets have ever competed in a 6 sided ring.

Firebrand
01-08-2011, 01:36 AM
Ive said before the problem with TNA is the fact that they have too many unknown people on the roster. This is why they cant get the ratings wwe has. I also firmly believe TNA can be as big as WWE, but bringing more unknowns in isnt going to solve the problem. If they want a quick fix that may also fix things in the long run - Chris Jericho is still a free agent. Pony up the green backs and sign that man. Instant ratings his first show and thereafter if they find a decent writer to go with him.

The Brown One
01-08-2011, 02:54 AM
Ive said before the problem with TNA is the fact that they have too many unknown people on the roster. This is why they cant get the ratings wwe has. I also firmly believe TNA can be as big as WWE, but bringing more unknowns in isnt going to solve the problem. If they want a quick fix that may also fix things in the long run - Chris Jericho is still a free agent. Pony up the green backs and sign that man. Instant ratings his first show and thereafter if they find a decent writer to go with him.

I doubt Jericho will sign with TNA. Hes loyal to the WWE.

Murphdogg4
01-08-2011, 02:42 PM

I disagree, TNA's rating stays pretty much the same nomatter what name they get. It didn't go up when they got Kurt Angle, Sting, or hogan.

Rich Cranium
01-08-2011, 03:28 PM
I doubt Jericho will sign with TNA. Hes loyal to the WWE.

The closest Jericho would ever come to TNA is to lend them a piece of Fozzy's music like he has in the past although I cannot remember the year or song but I believe it was the theme for a PPV.

SevenCagedTigers
01-08-2011, 05:02 PM

Too many unknowns on the roster? They have Hogan, Bischoff, RVD, Angle, Jeff Hardy Sting Mr.Anderson Mickie James Victoria Rhyno Raven TazBrianKendrickChristyHemmeTeam3DJeffJarretKevinN ash MICK FOLEY, RICK FLAIR, Tommy Dreamer Shannon Moore Stevie Richards, Orlando Jordan, Jimmy Hart.

Wtf more do you want?

They have a freakin all-star roster, and still the ratings don't rise. TNA's roster is currently composed of ex-Wrestlemania main eventers (Foley, Flair, Hogan, Kurt Angle, Jeff Hardy). Indy superstars (Joe, Styles). Ex WWE midcarders (Orlando Jordan, Shannon Moore, Mr. Anderson) The best of ECW (Team 3D, Tommy Dreamer, Steven Richards, Rhyno, RVD) Two of the greatest WWE Divas of all-time (Mickie James and Victoria). And to top it off, you have a little bit of WCW in there (Sting, Bischoff). TNA has an all-star roster spanning across decades of superstars and different organizations. By all intents and purposes, TNA should have more than enough star-power to compete with the WWE.

So again, I ask you. What exactly more do you want? If you think that signing Chris Jericho will equal to anything more than a short-term ratings boost, then you have adopted the same mentality that gave us gems like Orlando Jordan and Kevin Nash's signings. Signing big names will only draw ratings in the short term because TNA lacks any coherency storyline-wise to maintain its viewers interest. Its just wasting money down the drain on huge names when capable "unknown" talent gets thrown by the wayside. Names like Kong, Alyssa Flash, Petey Williams, Christopher Daniels, and Low Ki should have never left the company. Instead we get crap like Shannon Moore, Brian Kendrick and Orlando Jordan who fail to entertain.

Firebrand
01-08-2011, 06:02 PM
Too many unknowns on the roster? They have Hogan, Bischoff, RVD, Angle, Jeff Hardy Sting Mr.Anderson Mickie James Victoria Rhyno Raven TazBrianKendrickChristyHemmeTeam3DJeffJarretKevinN ash MICK FOLEY, RICK FLAIR, Tommy Dreamer Shannon Moore Stevie Richards, Orlando Jordan, Jimmy Hart.

Wtf more do you want?

They have a freakin all-star roster, and still the ratings don't rise. TNA's roster is currently composed of ex-Wrestlemania main eventers (Foley, Flair, Hogan, Kurt Angle, Jeff Hardy). Indy superstars (Joe, Styles). Ex WWE midcarders (Orlando Jordan, Shannon Moore, Mr. Anderson) The best of ECW (Team 3D, Tommy Dreamer, Steven Richards, Rhyno, RVD) Two of the greatest WWE Divas of all-time (Mickie James and Victoria). And to top it off, you have a little bit of WCW in there (Sting, Bischoff). TNA has an all-star roster spanning across decades of superstars and different organizations. By all intents and purposes, TNA should have more than enough star-power to compete with the WWE.

So again, I ask you. What exactly more do you want? If you think that signing Chris Jericho will equal to anything more than a short-term ratings boost, then you have adopted the same mentality that gave us gems like Orlando Jordan and Kevin Nash's signings. Signing big names will only draw ratings in the short term because TNA lacks any coherency storyline-wise to maintain its viewers interest. Its just wasting money down the drain on huge names when capable "unknown" talent gets thrown by the wayside. Names like Kong, Alyssa Flash, Petey Williams, Christopher Daniels, and Low Ki should have never left the company. Instead we get crap like Shannon Moore, Brian Kendrick and Orlando Jordan who fail to entertain.

Everyone on the TNA roster is damaged goods. YOU may like them personally, and I like some of them too. But unfortunately their popularity doesnt wax and wain on our say so. The majority view, i dare say, of the TNA talent is that they are losers and WWE has the best of the best of the best. Doesnt matter if its true or not and doesnt matter if you or anyone else likes it, its simply the truth. Otherwise TNA would be doing much better. You can make arguements all year about why so and so are great talents and ill probably agree, but you and anyone else on these forums dont make the majority of wrestling fans. TNA sucks because they dont have a name that the other 6,000,000 wrestling fans out there know, or have a t-shirt of.

Comparing Orlando Jordan to Chris Jericho?? Are you kidding?

And TNA could have the best wrestlers in the universe, and maby they do, but it doesnt mean a damn if they dont have the one guy who can draw eyeballs to Spike on thursday. They dont have that guy. All i was saying is Jericho could be that guy or if not open the door to someone else that could be.

The Brown One
01-08-2011, 06:28 PM
Everyone on the TNA roster is damaged goods. YOU may like them personally, and I like some of them too. But unfortunately their popularity doesnt wax and wain on our say so. The majority view, i dare say, of the TNA talent is that they are losers and WWE has the best of the best of the best. Doesnt matter if its true or not and doesnt matter if you or anyone else likes it, its simply the truth. Otherwise TNA would be doing much better. You can make arguements all year about why so and so are great talents and ill probably agree, but you and anyone else on these forums dont make the majority of wrestling fans. TNA sucks because they dont have a name that the other 6,000,000 wrestling fans out there know, or have a t-shirt of.

And TNA could have the best wrestlers in the universe, and maby they do, but it doesnt mean a damn if they dont have the one guy who can draw eyeballs to Spike on thursday. They dont have that guy. All i was saying is Jericho could be that guy or if not open the door to someone else that could be.

The bolded part...Hulk Hogan anyone? Hes the most known wrestling name in the world.

As for Jericho, he, or anyone he gets to sign with TNA won't help their ratings. Maybe for a week or two, but then TNA will put them in what looks to be a good fued with someone great in TNA, but then screw up the fued by doing a stupid swerve, or ending it disappointedly.

The need to work on their storylines making more sense. And that again, goes back to the same old theory, and solution- Fire Russo, Hogan, and Bischoff.

CobraNightviper
01-08-2011, 06:28 PM
Chris Jericho already stated that he isn't old enough for tna yet.

Murphdogg4
01-08-2011, 08:52 PM

damaged goods? Kurt Angle and Hardy may have had personal issues coming into TNA but they were both uber popular in WWE. RVD fans were dying to see him wrestle again. None of them spiked the ratings over the long hall. I love Jericho but he would only spike the ratings for the short term as well. to actually grow TNA has to change direction as a company. It has to become a true alternative to the WWE. The E has the entertainment on lockdown..Tna should be putting the sports back into sports entertainment.