PDA

View Full Version : How does Russo still have a job in wrestling?

Murphdogg4
01-06-2011, 11:43 PM
Any theories?

SilverGhost
01-06-2011, 11:50 PM
Dixie had no idea how to do this. She got Russo as a "good idea".

helmsley
01-07-2011, 02:16 AM
I think its a matter of better than nothing, i mean, who could take russos place and even thought that russos angles are shitty, i think that without him it would be worst ( yes, it can be worst)

PrimusSucks
01-07-2011, 02:21 AM
Dixie/Hulk/Bischoff's obsession with 1999.

Chavo.G
01-07-2011, 04:17 AM
u guys suck, all u do is moan about wrestling. why dont u guys become bookers yourself? or stop watching tna if u are going to bitch on and on

AngrySamoan
01-07-2011, 04:23 AM
u guys suck, all u do is moan about wrestling. why dont u guys become bookers yourself? or stop watching tna if u are going to bitch on and on

The Typical, I have no right response for this so therefore am gonna just say, "well why don't you do it" only, I'm gonna have shitty fucking grammar and use the letter 'u' for the word 'you'.

The Brown One
01-07-2011, 04:24 AM
Yeah we bitch about TNA and Russo alot. And btw I think one of us is training to become a booker (Allison?)
We also come up with great ideas that TNA can use to make their product better. Not all ideas are "Fire Russo" you know. We have come up with ideas that can be implemented regardless of whether Russo is making writing or not. And if you came here to only tell us that, and not have a meaning-fucking-ful discussion, then your'e free to leave.

JohnnyPhantom
01-07-2011, 05:40 AM
It really doesnt help that Russo either keeps recycling old storylines or seems to not actually watch TNA Wrestling. Its like he has no idea whats going on half the time with the ideas that get on TV. Granted he now has Hogan, Bischoff and Dixie in his ear telling him that hes a genius!

Its like...
"YES! We got RVD!"
"Wait... we wanted RVD? isnt he getting up there in age?"
"Yeah, but we'll sign all these wrestlers that are older than him so he looks young!!"
"Oh Russo you GENIUS! You did it agaiinnnnnnnnnn!"

The Brown One
01-07-2011, 06:01 AM
It really doesnt help that Russo either keeps recycling old storylines or seems to not actually watch TNA Wrestling. Its like he has no idea whats going on half the time with the ideas that get on TV. Granted he now has Hogan, Bischoff and Dixie in his ear telling him that hes a genius!

Its like...
"YES! We got RVD!"
"Wait... we wanted RVD? isnt he getting up there in age?"
"Yeah, but we'll sign all these wrestlers that are older than him so he looks young!!"
"Oh Russo you GENIUS! You did it agaiinnnnnnnnnn!"

I lold at the last part. Your'e right that Dixie and Hulk are praising him without even looking at reason..RVD can still go, don't get me wrong, but hes been stale for a long time now..since ECW lol. I want to see new talent that I haven't before.

Sinliner
01-07-2011, 08:27 AM
I think wrestling companies really need to start doing performance analysis evaluation's on they're talent and bookers i think if someone hasnt made a positive impact on your company evaluate them and terminate them/demote them its what they do in all major companys. but pro wrestling is so politicle if you know the right guys you could get a job anywhere. But in answer to your question i think he originally got the job from jeff jarrett, and jarrett loves russo ever since he put the title on him in WCW so i just dont think dixie has the business sized balls enough to fire anyone.

IPEEINTHESHOWER
01-07-2011, 09:58 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7HTAeHZsFM

That is all

shanethewolf
01-07-2011, 10:26 AM
i mean, who could take russos place...)

A 10 year old child with ADD, a random chimp or ANY of the writers TNA had in their company before Russo arrived.

shanethewolf
01-07-2011, 10:27 AM

It's one thing criticizing wrestlers knowing I can never do what they can do, but when it comes to Russo, I actually could do his job so much better than him!

Oh and I stopped watching TNA about 6 months ago.

Bodom
01-07-2011, 10:44 AM

Wow. Did you really sign up just to say this?

Incredible.

Necroyeti
01-07-2011, 11:07 AM
I watched that Dixie Carter shoot once, and Jim Cornette (who else!) asked her why Vince Russo is still employed.

She defended Russo by saying that many times when a "FIRE RUSSO" chant broke out, he never actually wrote or booked whatever was happening in the ring. Once, she totally flipped out at the creative staff over this, stating that the next time these chants happened on something Russo was not responsible for, the person behind it would lose his job. She had felt the rest of her creative team were being sloppy and half-arsed because they had a scapegoat in Vince Russo.

Reading between the lines: Dixie Carter and Vince Russo are having an affair.

Bodom
01-07-2011, 11:11 AM
That sounds totally fair. Rip the staff but defend the head of creative. Could of sworn being the "head" meant you were responsible for everything that come out of creative.

LOL at Dixie.

Sinliner
01-07-2011, 11:19 AM
I think the reason they chant "fire russo" anytime something stupid happens is because everything stupid in the wrestling biz was in some way inspired by the king of wrestling stupidity............vince russo

CobraNightviper
01-07-2011, 01:22 PM
this doesn't suprise me at all just look at all the idiots she has hired but the constant defence of Russo even when it is his fault tells me she either wants(or is getting)some of that Russo penis so I wonder when it all comes out how Russo will try to swerve his way out of this afair?

Bennyladd1
01-07-2011, 02:42 PM

good response dude, oh well guys stop worrying so much about Russo, he wont have a job if TNA goes the same way as WCW

SilverGhost
01-07-2011, 02:48 PM
I watched that Dixie Carter shoot once, and Jim Cornette (who else!) asked her why Vince Russo is still employed.

She defended Russo by saying that many times when a "FIRE RUSSO" chant broke out, he never actually wrote or booked whatever was happening in the ring. Once, she totally flipped out at the creative staff over this, stating that the next time these chants happened on something Russo was not responsible for, the person behind it would lose his job. She had felt the rest of her creative team were being sloppy and half-arsed because they had a scapegoat in Vince Russo.

Reading between the lines: Dixie Carter and Vince Russo are having an affair.

That won't surprise me one bit. I bet Dixie hasn't seen WCW before.

North Vegas Benny
01-07-2011, 02:49 PM
I thought this site was all about talking about our thoughts of wrestling good or bad if we can't talk about what we don't like in wrestling i.e. TNA, WWE etc.. and what we think they are doing wrong than I am in the wrong place !!!!!

SilverGhost
01-07-2011, 02:51 PM
I thought this site was all about talking about our thoughts of wrestling good or bad if we can't talk about what we don't like in wrestling i.e. TNA, WWE etc.. and what we think they are doing wrong than I am in the wrong place !!!!!

Well....we at EWN, We rip more on Vince Russo stupidity.

We have valid points on why Russo is a crapstain in wrestling. Thats why TNA is getting low stuff.

tupelojoe81
01-07-2011, 03:36 PM
The Typical, I have no right response for this so therefore am gonna just say, "well why don't you do it" only, I'm gonna have shitty fucking grammar and use the letter 'u' for the word 'you'.

hahahaha very nice

JohnnyPhantom
01-07-2011, 03:37 PM

Wait, are you defending Russo? I dont get it...

WELLLLLL, in summary.... Russo = Bad, Dixie = Horrible at playing a storyline out, Hogan = Ehhh.
So in essence we have... Horribly Bad at playing a storyline out, Ehhhh!

Murphdogg4
01-07-2011, 04:06 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7HTAeHZsFM

That is all

best video EVER

Necroyeti
01-07-2011, 04:08 PM
In all fairness to Russo, he's nowhere near as terrible as he used to be around 1999-2001. Sure, he still has a ton of bad ideas, but at least they don't sound like the ramblings of a man with a fiersome coke habit.

Murphdogg4
01-07-2011, 04:11 PM
The reason long time fans rip on Russo and other bad things about wrestling is we have been watching wrestling long enough to like accept being fed crap. The powers that be in both of the big two are insane because they actually ignore what their fans want. What kind of company ignores what it's consumers tell them they want? They are living in a bubble that will bust someday and wrestling may become a thing of the past.

The Brown One
01-07-2011, 04:19 PM
Wait, are you defending Russo? I dont get it...

WELLLLLL, in summary.... Russo = Bad, Dixie = Horrible at playing a storyline out, Hogan = Ehhh.
So in essence we have... Horribly Bad at playing a storyline out, Ehhhh!

You forgot about Bischoff: Follows Hogan like a puppy. He should come up with his own ideas instead of playing lackey to Hogan.

CobraNightviper
01-07-2011, 07:37 PM
yeah he doesn't even act like the same Bishoff that led wcw against wwf/e during the monday night wars.

Bodom
01-07-2011, 08:18 PM
good response dude, oh well guys stop worrying so much about Russo, he wont have a job if TNA goes the same way as WCW

Since when is saying "u guys suck" a good response?

SilverGhost
01-08-2011, 03:38 PM

Oh wow....that certain person is so cool/sarcasm.

Rich Cranium
01-08-2011, 03:52 PM

When ever Kurt Angle's WWE theme music played! 'U suck, dun dun, U suck'

SilverGhost
01-08-2011, 03:55 PM
When ever Kurt Angle's WWE theme music played! 'U suck, dun dun, U suck'

The thing is....he doesn't :P

Rich Cranium
01-08-2011, 04:31 PM
The thing is....he doesn't :P

I know he doesn't and that wasn't the point.

The Brown One
01-08-2011, 06:35 PM
Those chants were so funny. I watched the moment that the you suck chancts originated from last week. Edge led the crowd in a you suck chant, directed at Kurt. Kurt was like-Play my music! And then the crowd started saying you suck in tune with his song. Epic!

gohan
01-08-2011, 07:19 PM
me i think that russio is one those people that think he god he is one of the bigest raciest in wrestling ever! why in the hell is he getting work i mean he sucks does Evey one is just a dum ass for thinking that this is 97 or 98 it is 2011 the only thing he does is sell sex thats the only think you in tna now hoochies why has the knockouts divson suck because in russio way is only one that for to look like ho all of the konock outs have left like tyler wilde and hamda
odb and kong great wrestlers yes but not good looking for Russo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Brown One
01-08-2011, 10:10 PM
me i think that russio is one those people that think he god he is one of the bigest raciest in wrestling ever! why in the hell is he getting work i mean he sucks does Evey one is just a dum ass for thinking that this is 97 or 98 it is 2011 the only thing he does is sell sex thats the only think you in tna now hoochies why has the knockouts divson suck because in russio way is only one that for to look like ho all of the konock outs have left like tyler wilde and hamda

Please use Capitals, full stops, and commas.

RevolutionIcon
01-09-2011, 05:57 AM
I think wrestling companies really need to start doing performance analysis evaluation's on they're talent and bookers i think if someone hasnt made a positive impact on your company evaluate them and terminate them/demote them its what they do in all major companys. but pro wrestling is so politicle if you know the right guys you could get a job anywhere. But in answer to your question i think he originally got the job from jeff jarrett, and jarrett loves russo ever since he put the title on him in WCW so i just dont think dixie has the business sized balls enough to fire anyone.

Russo loved Jarrett and vice versa way before then. Try when he got the guitar in WWF. EARLIER. lmao

RevolutionIcon
01-09-2011, 05:59 AM
And by the way, I skipped the whole thread because ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ THE ABOVE is exactly why Russo still has a job in wrestling. Russo completely, COMPLETELY, MADE Jeff Jarrett. And Jeff Jarrett made TNA. Vince Russo isn't going anywhere. Ever.

RevolutionIcon
01-09-2011, 06:08 AM

I read the thread. And you were the last post. Stop by the welfare office and see if they'll help you out with an education. Or go sit outside of a day care and stare through the window, or watch people walk in and out. You're bound to pick up something.

tittle97
01-09-2011, 06:11 AM
Russo loved Jarrett and vice versa way before then. Try when he got the guitar in WWF. EARLIER. lmao

WOW. Being serious, I have never, ever put that together. A LOT of things make a lot more sense to me now. I never understood why Jarrett got the strap in WCW.

RevolutionIcon
01-09-2011, 06:21 AM
Vince Russo watched over Jeff Jarrett his whole career.

This is why Jeff Jarrett is a part of Immortal, and was quite a sheister in the leading up to BFG. And is also why Jarrett gets his own Double J Double M A skit, apart from everyone else, so he can still stand out on his own time. As long as Jarrett has money in the company and he can draw heat as well as he can, and he sure fucking can, Vince Russo will have a job, and as long as Vince Russo has a job, so will Jeff Jarrett, and so will he be successful on television.

Vince Russo is brilliant in a way that he can keep stars moving, he can keep them hated, he can keep them loved. Whether the ends justify the means in all of his storylines is up for another discussion. But when it comes to surviving through the juggle of politics, talent, writing, and balancing it through as many people as he can, he's the puppetmaster. As long as you give him a little space, that little space today being the space occupied by OJ,EY, Sharkboy and Spanky.

Necroyeti
01-09-2011, 06:33 AM
Gotta say that the Double J Double M A thing is one of the funniest angles TNA has done in a long time IMO

Haters gonna hate.

RevolutionIcon
01-09-2011, 06:43 AM
I'm loving it. It suits him perfectly, let him be a cocky heel, it's what he does best. I have no idea who that one guy in the crowd is every week but I swear his free ticket is coming from Jarrett's hand.

The Brown One
01-09-2011, 07:55 AM
I'm loving it. It suits him perfectly, let him be a cocky heel, it's what he does best. I have no idea who that one guy in the crowd is every week but I swear his free ticket is coming from Jarrett's hand.
Which guy is this? I presume hes a regular yeah? Because whenever I watch TNA I see at least the same 1 or 2 people from the previous week.

RevolutionIcon
01-09-2011, 08:18 AM
This guys been there for a month or two. The guy talking to Ric Flair and Flair actually stood there, with his big smile and listened during Immortals entrance this past Thursday. Right at the beginning. It's the guy that's always either acting or fucking around practically the first to "jump" out of the stands during Jarrett's skit.