PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of Brodus Clay?

tittle97
01-06-2011, 03:55 AM
I rarely have a reason to ever watch NXT, except for Danielson in season 1 and Kaval in season 2, but Brodus Clay has interested me quite a bit. From what I've seen from NXT and youtube, he looks awesome. I think he has the "look" and the in ring skills to actually make an impact in the WWE. I draw the Taz comparisons for obvious reasons, and I always thought it sucked that Taz got hurt, fat and never had a chance in WWE. Brodus isn't small compared to Taz and has already lost signifant weight. I think VKM might actually let him suplex the hell out of some guys and utilize the monster shoot fighter character Heyman and Taz created in ECW.

Robstar
01-06-2011, 04:09 AM
Maybe it's the tatts but I think of Big Daddy V when I see him. I really like this kid. Put him with Husky Harris I reckon. He has all the tools - now it's up to WWE not to fuck it up

The Brown One
01-06-2011, 04:14 AM
I've said it before and I'll say it again. This guy has a load of potential, and kudos to him for the huge weight loss. However, I'm afraid that if he doesn't win NXT season 4, he'l go to FCW instead of going to Raw or Smackdown. Only a few past NXT superstars who didn't win have gone on to become successful on Raw or Smackdown.

Hes my pick to win NXT season 4.

tittle97
01-06-2011, 04:15 AM
Maybe it's the tatts but I think of Big Daddy V when I see him. I really like this kid. Put him with Husky Harris I reckon. He has all the tools - now it's up to WWE not to fuck it up

That's what I'm worried about. They already missed out on Samoa Joe, since they never called and TNA re-signed him. Not that Brodus is SAMOA FUCKIN JOE, but Joe has that bad ass, shoot fighter gimmick that I think the WWE could totaly utilize. They never really had a chance with Taz, they did it with Angle a little bit but a lot of his character was based off comedy. He's like a foot taller than Taz and looks twice as bad ass.

tittle97
01-06-2011, 04:18 AM
I've said it before and I'll say it again. This guy has a load of potential, and kudos to him for the huge weight loss. However, I'm afraid that if he doesn't win NXT season 4, he'l go to FCW instead of going to Raw or Smackdown. Only a few past NXT superstars who didn't win have gone on to become successful on Raw or Smackdown.

My pick too. His ability and upside is obvious. He has the so called "look" too. The rest of the NXT guys make me sleepy.**YAWN

Justdawg08
01-06-2011, 04:56 AM
I love me some Byron Saxton..

tittle97
01-06-2011, 04:57 AM
I love me some Byron Saxton..

Why is that?

The Brown One
01-06-2011, 05:03 AM
Saxton is my 2nd pick to win NXT season 4 actually. Hes obviously the most charismatic, and most comfortable talker out there(he has experience doing colour commentray on WWECW). His wreslting isn't bad, so hes got alot of good stuff going for him right now.

tittle97
01-06-2011, 05:07 AM
I forgot all about him doing commentary. I don't really have a number 2, I'll have to check out who is left next week. Why don't they do away with all the stupid "contests" and crap like that? I would watch it a lot more if that wasn't such a big part of the show. I know they have to fill all the time up, but they could spend it setting up fueds between each wrestler or their WWE pros.

The Brown One
01-06-2011, 05:32 AM
I forgot all about him doing commentary. I don't really have a number 2, I'll have to check out who is left next week. Why don't they do away with all the stupid "contests" and crap like that? I would watch it a lot more if that wasn't such a big part of the show. I know they have to fill all the time up, but they could spend it setting up fueds between each wrestler or their WWE pros.

Yeah they could let the wrestlers cut promos, instead of just saving that for the "talent" section. You have to have some mic skills to be successful nowadays in the WWE. My third pick is Curtis lol. I hope to see those 3 at the end.

Tommy Thunder
01-06-2011, 06:16 AM
Brodus Clay has the 'IT' factor. He has the size, he's athletic for his size, and I lost count of how many different suplexes he did in his last match!! He's my pick to win too.
The good think about this class of NXT rookies, is that they are all good in the ring. In past seasons, we've had 2 or 3 standout guys and the rest were just average. But this time round, all the guys have been pretty decent in the ring, and not too bad on the mic either.
But Brodus FTW I say!!

tittle97
01-06-2011, 06:24 AM
Hell yeah! And he already has two bad ass nicknames. I would buy a shirt that said THE MASTODON OF MAYHEM and had his menacing stare behind the letters. And the world's biggest suples machine? He's like 2 Taz's for the price of 1! Like I said, I've always felt the WWE needed a suplex/shoot fighter badass, in every SD vs Raw game I make this character that has suplexes for every move and pretty much looks like Clay but with more tattoos. He is the SHIT.

Kashdinero
01-06-2011, 06:46 AM
Brodus Clay.

The Name says it all.

Big and fairly agile? Vince probably loves him!

I still like The Rat though.

Ratitude>Mattitude.

The Brown One
01-06-2011, 07:01 AM
I'm happy that people can see just how talented Brodus is. Its funny how hes got no wrestling background, and was a bodyguard for Snoop, but suddenly hes an agile suplex machine in the greatest wrestling company in the world?! How the hell did that happen?! I've also noticed that he does alot of suplexes, and I'm happy with that. He really could be a Taz-like character. The thing I didn't expect from Brodus is that he actually tries his best in contests, unlike many other former rookies who just kick over the barricade, or take their sweet time. Yeah Brodus kicked the barricade, and got Dibiase dqed last week, but that just made him look more aggressive and dangerous. Before he did that, he tried his best in every contest, and despite not winning, he did even better some of the other contestants! I got to tell you, hes really fast for a man of his size.

And yes, this season actually has some decent wrestlers. I hadn't heard of most of them, and thought that this would be the worst season yet-with a bunch of newbies. But all of these guys have some wrestling skills, so its been a good show so far. Cut out the shit bits, and by that I mean the silly contests, and youv'e got yourself an even better show.

Tommy Thunder
01-06-2011, 07:07 AM
And yes, this season actually has some decent wrestlers. I hadn't heard of most of them, and thought that this would be the worst season yet-with a bunch of newbies. But all of these guys have some wrestling skills, so its been a good show so far. Cut out the shit bits, and by that I mean the silly contests, and youv'e got yourself an even better show.

Yeah, it's definitely the best season as far as overall wrestling talent is involved.
It seems to me that the only reason they have these stupid challenges is for the benefit of getting immunity points, but I don't get why they can't give these points for every match they win or something!! I can see the point of having a promo segment, as having mic skills is pretty vital these days, but a talent show?! And an obstacle course?! And a wheelbarrow race?! REALLY?!
I say give immunity points for every match the rookies win, and only have promo segments to test their mic skills.

tittle97
01-06-2011, 07:07 AM
I'm happy that people can see just how talented Brodus is. Its funny how hes got no wrestling background, and was a bodyguard for Snoop, but suddenly hes an agile suplex machine in the greatest wrestling company in the world?! How the hell did that happen?! I've also noticed that he does alot of suplexes, and I'm happy with that. He really could be a Taz-like character. The thing I didn't expect from Brodus is that he actually tries his best in contests, unlike many other former rookies who just kick over the barricade, or take their sweet time. Yeah Brodus kicked the barricade, and got Dibiase dqed last week, but that just made him look more aggressive and dangerous. Before he did that, he tried his best in every contest, and despite not winning, he did even better some of the other contestants! I got to tell you, hes really fast for a man of his size.

I agree with you 100% dude. I lauged my ass off at shit bits... HAHAHA. Hell, maybe even do a 'TNA Reaction' spin on some parts of NXT. I know it's not like VKM to outright COPY other companies' ideas, but Reaction was a good premise and IMO VKM could take that idea and turn it into something cooler with NXT and the rookies. Like some behind the scene stuff with them preparing for matches/promos/worked shoots.

The Brown One
01-06-2011, 07:19 AM
I agree with you 100% dude. I lauged my ass off at shit bits... HAHAHA. Hell, maybe even do a 'TNA Reaction' spin on some parts of NXT. I know it's not like VKM to outright COPY other companies' ideas, but Reaction was a good premise and IMO VKM could take that idea and turn it into something cooler with NXT and the rookies. Like some behind the scene stuff with them preparing for matches/promos/worked shoots.

Lol I knew it would be funny. I don't mind that idea at all. To me, it would be alot more interesting to watch than the contests in NXT that we have right now.

Yeah, it's definitely the best season as far as overall wrestling talent is involved.
It seems to me that the only reason they have these stupid challenges is for the benefit of getting immunity points, but I don't get why they can't give these points for every match they win or something!! I can see the point of having a promo segment, as having mic skills is pretty vital these days, but a talent show?! And an obstacle course?! And a wheelbarrow race?! REALLY?!
I say give immunity points for every match the rookies win, and only have promo segments to test their mic skills.

I wanted someone famous because of the indys and the internet following, like Danielson, and Kaval, but I don't miss that factor here. Because with Season 1, everyone wanted Bryan to win because he was hugely popular and among the best wrestlers on the planet, and to not have him win would be asinine. People predicted that they would win, but due to stupid swerves on WWEs part, he was 2nd to get eliminated. In this season of NXT, theres no big names that are well known, so its impossible to predict whos going to win. The good thing about this season also, is that WWE isn't doing many stupid unexpected things yet, like eliminating the wrong person. Novak needed to go. They screwed up the Pack A Punch machine contest last week by having Curtis go over Brodus. What the hell?! Thats not believable. But other than that they have been doing the best job that NXT can do.

tittle97
01-06-2011, 07:27 AM
Yeah. I hope they don;t have another Divas NXT though. Punk's commentating was the ONLY bright spot on that show. I agree that having a bunch of no names makes it a lot more unpredictable. I'm glad that it's working out, it can be double edge sword because the no names might be no names and have no talent and no mic skills. Is there anything worse than thying to watch a wrestler try to talk on the mic and they fail miserably? I feel bad for them and it's hard to watch.

The Brown One
01-06-2011, 07:38 AM
Yeah. I hope they don;t have another Divas NXT though. Punk's commentating was the ONLY bright spot on that show. I agree that having a bunch of no names makes it a lot more unpredictable. I'm glad that it's working out, it can be double edge sword because the no names might be no names and have no talent and no mic skills. Is there anything worse than thying to watch a wrestler try to talk on the mic and they fail miserably? I feel bad for them and it's hard to watch.

On NXT season 3, there was Punks commentating, and the matches from WWE wrestlers. Like Dolph Ziggler..he competed on NXT season 3 despite it being an all divas season. Dolph did this to further his rivalry with whoever(I can't remember who), and also bring the show some great wrestling.

And yeah I'm glad that all of the rookies have some talent all around. The rat like one is a bloody great gimmick. Unbelievably simple, but funny and effective. Theres been so many things that hes been able to do with his rat persona.

tittle97
01-06-2011, 08:02 AM
I can't wait until the WWE goes to Wisconsin to see what the Rat will do.....

MattElder
01-06-2011, 08:06 AM
And yeah I'm glad that all of the rookies have some talent all around. The rat like one is a bloody great gimmick. Unbelievably simple, but funny and effective. Theres been so many things that hes been able to do with his rat persona.

And that my friend takes the cheese!!!

IM loving Brodus clay but i just have a gut feeling hes guna end up being barretts bodyguard but im hoping not
I think byron Saxton is also the man and if he was a face i think he would be a close 2nd but at the minute hes trailing curtis

tittle97
01-06-2011, 09:35 AM
And that my friend takes the cheese!!!

IM loving Brodus clay but i just have a gut feeling hes guna end up being barretts bodyguard but im hoping not
I think byron Saxton is also the man and if he was a face i think he would be a close 2nd but at the minute hes trailing curtis

I'm glad that he debuted on NXT and a guy like Jackson Andrews turned out to be Kidd's bodyguard. Haven't seen much of Andrews yet, but he just looks like a really tall guy.....YAWN*** Brodus is on the other hand has it all going for him and can actually wrestle. I don't see him ending up as a bodyguard, that would be a major step backwards IMO.

xStraightxEdgexSaviorx
01-06-2011, 09:37 AM
Sorry everyone, but I just don't see what everyone else does in this rat character. To me his gimmick screams "I will never make it in this industry." I mean seriously, could you imagine him as IC champion? I don't like reverting back to the 80's and 90's and that's exactly what they're doing with him.

tittle97
01-06-2011, 09:41 AM
Sorry everyone, but I just don't see what everyone else does in this rat character. To me his gimmick screams "I will never make it in this industry." I mean seriously, could you imagine him as IC champion? I don't like reverting back to the 80's and 90's and that's exactly what they're doing with him.

You never know what he might turn into. The Rat might just be a stepping stone gimmick ala Spirit Squad with Dolph. For right now it's just retarded and funny. I wouldn't take him and his current gimmick serious by any means. Maybe a fued with Santino??

MattElder
01-06-2011, 10:40 AM
I think the rat charcter is a breath of fresh air to certain storylines,

Maybe he could get fed up of rats being eaten by other predators and go straight into a fued with Randy Orton I can see it now Mania main event "The Rat vs The Viper" with special guest referee the Texas Rattlesnake!!!

eboy
01-07-2011, 02:23 PM
what i'd like to see brodus do is after nxt the wwe run a break-up story between maryse & ted Dibease (its going nowhere) and ted turns face and maryse hires brodus to destroy Ted this will result in some ppv time for ted & brodus with ted going over sending him on his way to being a top face then brodus remains with maryse has his valet and wins the us title but during their allience Brodus builds effection toward maryse but she bitchely turns him down and destroys his confidence so he flattens her and goes on to be the companies top heel

The Brown One
01-07-2011, 05:01 PM
I think the rat charcter is a breath of fresh air to certain storylines,

Maybe he could get fed up of rats being eaten by other predators and go straight into a fued with Randy Orton I can see it now Mania main event "The Rat vs The Viper" with special guest referee the Texas Rattlesnake!!!

Thats taking it a bit too far at this point.

SaberToothTigerz
01-08-2011, 06:10 AM
Thats taking it a bit too far at this point.

whenever the iwc thinks of adding stone cold to the mix it is pushing the line a bit too much yea

The Brown One
01-08-2011, 06:28 AM
whenever the iwc thinks of adding stone cold to the mix it is pushing the line a bit too much yea

Not only that. Even having the rat dude at WM at this stage is a joke.

samoan619
01-08-2011, 12:35 PM
brodus clay and awesome kong FTW!!

68wPayne
01-11-2011, 12:59 PM
I am just glad to see people like Husky Harris and Brodus Clay getting shots in the WWE because they look like real people. They don't look like body builders but they still look strong as an ox. I hope this continues because look at people like Vader or even Hugh Morris who were big guys but were still great performers.

SaberToothTigerz
01-11-2011, 07:09 PM
Not only that. Even having the rat dude at WM at this stage is a joke.

rats have feelings too..

btw on topic brodus clay finisher is cool but i like the expression he makes when he's doing it xD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJHnp1CNMgs
skip to the end of the video

68wPayne
01-11-2011, 08:21 PM
Brodus will probably wind up being the Million Dollar Bodyguard, see how he stepped in between Truth and DiBiasi

The Brown One
01-11-2011, 08:48 PM
rats have feelings too..

btw on topic brodus clay finisher is cool but i like the expression he makes when he's doing it xD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJHnp1CNMgs
skip to the end of the video

Whats his finisher? I can't watch the video :(

Brodus will probably wind up being the Million Dollar Bodyguard, see how he stepped in between Truth and DiBiasi

Yeah but I think that he will eventually turn against Ted. But I'd much rather see him as a heel.

68wPayne
01-12-2011, 01:05 AM
[QUOTE=The Brown One;55350]Whats his finisher? I can't watch the video :(

His finisher is like a Tongan Death Grip Chokeslam

The Brown One
01-12-2011, 02:20 AM
[QUOTE=The Brown One;55350]Whats his finisher? I can't watch the video :(

His finisher is like a Tongan Death Grip Chokeslam

Awesome! Good for him I guess.

The Grand Wizard
01-18-2011, 09:39 AM
This guy reminds me of Mantaur!!! Enough already with the ''Big guy screaming for nothing'' Zeus!!!
Claim to fame Snoop Do double G
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhU7gFCRVrQ

tittle97
01-18-2011, 11:21 AM
This guy reminds me of Mantaur!!! Enough already with the ''Big guy screaming for nothing'' Zeus!!!
Claim to fame Snoop Do double G
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhU7gFCRVrQ

Mantaur??? Give me a break man.

The Grand Wizard
01-18-2011, 01:43 PM
Mantaur??? Give me a break man.

Jump to the 7:20 mark...see what I mean?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1SeHxri280&feature=related

SaberToothTigerz
01-26-2011, 04:49 PM
big brodus clay impresses the heck out of me
i hope wwe gives this guy a main event push because he totally deserves it
i'm behind him

furlaa
01-29-2011, 06:31 AM

Most of them have gone to RAW or Smackdown
NXT Season 1&2, now 2 most dominant stables in WWE and Daniel Bryan is USA champ
Alex Riley is with the Miz doing awesomee, only Watson, O'Niel, Cottonwood and Canon didnt get picked up
but they were God AWFUL

as for Brodus I can see him winning the thing and prob Bateman will stay with Bryan
Cant see curtis getting picked up, saxton maybe a chance though

Adam Bomb II
01-29-2011, 07:27 AM
I'm definately rooting for Brodus to win NXT! But I find the last four guys really interesting, so I hope to see them all at some point. Novak and O'Brien were definately the weaker links on this season.
Regarding past NXT contestants, I agree that O'Neill and Cottonwood was far from ready, and Lucky Cannon was too generic so I don't really mind not seeing them again. But my man Percy? He's already on his way to the big stage, so you better recognize! OH YEAH!!!! :D

The Brown One
01-29-2011, 07:36 AM
Most of them have gone to RAW or Smackdown
NXT Season 1&2, now 2 most dominant stables in WWE and Daniel Bryan is USA champ
Alex Riley is with the Miz doing awesomee, only Watson, O'Niel, Cottonwood and Canon didnt get picked up
but they were God AWFUL

as for Brodus I can see him winning the thing and prob Bateman will stay with Bryan
Cant see curtis getting picked up, saxton maybe a chance though

Did you even see the same guy I saw????
Percy Watson was definitely one of the highlights of NXT season 2. He could wrestle better than most, and had charisma like no one I've seen in a very long time. Don't let the look fool you, hes one of the most charismatic, and athletic wrestlers in the WWE right now.
OH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.gifsoup.com/view/697263/percy-watson-o.gif

Adam Bomb II
01-29-2011, 07:55 AM
Did you even see the same guy I saw????
Percy Watson was definitely one of the highlights of NXT season 2. He could wrestle better than most, and had charisma like no one I've seen in a very long time. Don't let the look fool you, hes one of the most charismatic, and athletic wrestlers in the WWE right now.
OH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.gifsoup.com/view/697263/percy-watson-o.gif

Thank you TBO, thank you so much. I wanted to go on a rant when I saw that, but I've stated my views on Showtime many places on the board, and didn't want to overdo it. :D

Right Fist Pump, Left Fist Pump, Point To The Air, Finger Rain..... OH YEEEEAAAHHH!!!

The Brown One
01-29-2011, 07:59 AM
Right Fist Pump, Left Fist Pump, Point To The Air, Finger Rain..... OH YEEEEAAAHHH!!!

Hell yeah!! I just spent the last 15 minutes looking for this Percy Watson picture that I found last year. It was similar to the one you have as your signature, but in 4 panels, with each one showing us one of Percy's dance steps.

Adam Bomb II
01-29-2011, 08:03 AM
Hell yeah!! I just spent the last 15 minutes looking for this Percy Watson picture that I found last year. It was similar to the one you have as your signature, but in 4 panels, with each one showing us one of Percy's dance steps.

I really truly believe that Percy can fire up an entire arena in a split second if creative gives him the right push when he hits the main roster (not holding my breath tho).

On topic - how about a tag team of Reks and Clay? Two big guys that can move? (referencing the other tread hehe).

The Brown One
01-29-2011, 08:16 AM
I really truly believe that Percy can fire up an entire arena in a split second if creative gives him the right push when he hits the main roster (not holding my breath tho).

On topic - how about a tag team of Reks and Clay? Two big guys that can move? (referencing the other tread hehe).

Strange combo, but it might work. I think that after NXT, if Brodus doesn't win, he will be lost in the shuffle, or become the newest member of Corre or Nexus. I'd hate for either of those things to happen. Reks seems to be lost in the shuffle right now, and has lost his time on Smackdown in favor of Corre. If they were teamed, at least they would get some airtime.

Adam Bomb II
01-29-2011, 08:37 AM
Strange combo, but it might work. I think that after NXT, if Brodus doesn't win, he will be lost in the shuffle, or become the newest member of Corre or Nexus. I'd hate for either of those things to happen. Reks seems to be lost in the shuffle right now, and has lost his time on Smackdown in favor of Corre. If they were teamed, at least they would get some airtime.

Exactly. And we all now how the state of the Tag Team Division is... There's not really room for any kind of singles push at the moment, so I think that would be the best way to go for these two mammoths.

SaberToothTigerz
01-29-2011, 11:48 AM
idk why but i see derrick and daniel winning and both going after the tag tittles
i dont kno but alberto del rio and brodus clay are still a pretty interesting combinatio but i dont see them winning the tittles idk y both just seem singles competitors
it's the prize of nxt 4 that sucks
it should still be an opportunity for the ic or us tittle

68wPayne
01-31-2011, 09:10 PM
If they are so hung up on Alberto Del Rio why not have him win the World Title and then go after the Tag Titles with his rookie. Give him the Lance Storm WCW treatment

The Brown One
02-01-2011, 12:45 AM
If they are so hung up on Alberto Del Rio why not have him win the World Title and then go after the Tag Titles with his rookie. Give him the Lance Storm WCW treatment

Damn! You beat me to it. This is a good idea. They could make Brodus a regular on Raw/Smackdown, and a force to be reckoned with, by winning the tagteam championship. And having Del Rio as a tagteam champ will surely raise it's prestige. I think ADR should drop it before WM though, if there is going to be a tagteam match for the titles at Mania.

68wPayne
02-01-2011, 01:32 AM
NXT ends almost a month before Wrestlemania so they could spend that month having Brodus work for ADR as the typical bodyguard gimmick for him while building up for ADR's match at Mania. After mania he would be in the clear for Brodus and Rio to take the tag titles from Santino and Koslov assuming they still have the titles and it not hurt their credibility as a team because they would have lost the titles to the World champ

SaberToothTigerz
02-02-2011, 01:18 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKhbdtPcKac

skip to 3:00 and put ur volume on max plz