PDA

View Full Version : NXT Season 3 Premiere Episode

Wrestling_Deluxe_08
09-07-2010, 11:36 PM
Yeah ... That was not the best premiere to have. In fact, it was probably the WORST way to start off a season. The show had its moments that I liked but too many things went wrong and were hard to watch.

Three rookies stood out in my eyes. Maxine, Naomi, and AJ Lee. Thats it. AJ Lee is my pick to win it. Maxine can really talk on the microphone. Naomi is an athletic freak and is just straight up gangsta!!

Hopefully this show gets better over the next few weeks. I'm still gonna tune in to watch it. I wouldn't blame anyone for not tuning in though. WWE really f'd up on this one.

If you watched it, what were your thoughts?

Mystic Gohan
09-08-2010, 01:12 AM
I thought it was horrible. The rookies introducing themselves was painful to watch as the crowd really only seemed to pop for Naomi. (which is my bet to win it, if AJ doesn't pull through.)

The dance off was horrifying to say the least. I mean come on did they really need Michael Cole for that bit.

The match was okay I guess, but to be honest I was really paying attention until the very end.

The capture the flag competion was probably the only thing that somewhat interested me. It actually showed that they might have some athleticism.

The last match, honestly I didn't even care about this match so I didn't watch it.

Overall I thought the show was going to be way better and I actually looked forward to it, until I saw the first few minutes. Then I lost all hope. If this is the best they can come up with, then WWE seriously needs a wake-up call in the Creative Department. Hopefully HHH's new role will liven things up a bit.

Bodom
09-08-2010, 01:41 AM
This episode successful made me embarrassed of being a wrestling fan. All of the diva's were horrible, and I absolutely despise that AJ

Y2LUUK
09-08-2010, 11:57 AM
God I hated this episode
Why only 2 matches and 2 stupid challenges?
Way too childish imo. It's a show where you display your talent and skills, not some kind of child's game where you capture a flag
Damn it, this pissed me off.
Impressed by AJ though, nice ass too.

AGEOFFALL
09-08-2010, 01:02 PM
This season is going to be forgettable.

SgtGohan
09-08-2010, 01:08 PM
Goddamn this sucked bad..

Verdammung
09-08-2010, 03:13 PM
The first tag match began as an awesome diva's match, which means it still wasn't anywhere as good as a normal match. I was intrigued by Naomi taking down the other rookie (Maxine?) by ramming her butt into her back and the perverted smothering move done in the corner.

Of course, the match went straight to hell with the ending, during which no one can be sure as to what actually happened. Naomi rolled up Maxine, which lead to Fox coming in and slapping Naomi on the butt to try and break the count, where I can only assume Kelly Kelly was late to prevent her from doing so, though it is irrelevant as the 3 count was made anyways. Apparently Naomi didn't realize the match was over though, because she suplexed Maxine again and went for a pinfall, only to realize what an idiot she was when the ref wasn't counting, and we got to see how pissed off everyone who was involved in that match was in awkward silence as they got out of the ring.

The second match was a standard Diva's match, which means it lasted two seconds until they realized it was futile to put on a good match and just ended it. I'm struggling to see where these comments about how AJ is awesome are coming from, as the match was so short and deprived me of all of my focus that all I saw was her doing a bulldog for a finish.

So yeah, at the moment, I haven't really seen anything that makes me think anybody deserves a contract and I'm giving this season about 1 or 2 more episodes before I stop watching.

Wrestling_Deluxe_08
09-08-2010, 04:40 PM
The second match was a standard Diva's match, which means it lasted two seconds until they realized it was futile to put on a good match and just ended it. I'm struggling to see where these comments about how AJ is awesome are coming from, as the match was so short and deprived me of all of my focus that all I saw was her doing a bulldog for a finish.

So yeah, at the moment, I haven't really seen anything that makes me think anybody deserves a contract and I'm giving this season about 1 or 2 more episodes before I stop watching.
You have to go watch AJ Lee's matches in FCW to see where we are coming from. The girl is a pure athlete. Naomi as well, and Maxine isn't too hard herself. Hopefully, they get contracts over all the other divas.

Also, I'm just like you. I'm gonna give it a few more episodes to see how it improves. This season has so much potential to be good - but WWE has got to book it right and all the botching needs to stop.

shanethewolf
09-08-2010, 04:51 PM
Everyone involved in the creative process for this show, everybody in management who approved it and everyone who went along with it should be fired!! In fact, it should be taken off air effective immediately! It started out bad, then got worse and when they started dancing I was absolutely gobsmacked at the new low WWE have reached.

I'm not denying the talent of some of these wrestlers, likewise with previous season's rookies, but why do WWE humiliate them like that? They're devaluing them and turning potential money-making talent into stooges.

t0ne513
09-08-2010, 05:24 PM
I tuned in kind of late but from the pop Naomi got after the dance-off led me to believe they enjoyed her performance. The episode was horrible. I give Naomi credit though. Tony Chimmel never rung the bell and declared a winner so the fact she continued to fight was good IMO. What if the ref never counted 3 and the match wasn't over but they thought it was an just stood around? That would have been much worse than what happened. Oh and I think the real reason Aloisia got kicked off the show had to do with the little challenges NXT has. Can you imagine how bad it would look watching her try and outrun other divas, or climb over the barricade in attempt to grab a flag. UGH it wouldn't look pretty.

AGEOFFALL
09-09-2010, 03:39 PM
Oh and I think the real reason Aloisia got kicked off the show had to do with the little challenges NXT has. Can you imagine how bad it would look watching her try and outrun other divas, or climb over the barricade in attempt to grab a flag. UGH it wouldn't look pretty.

That is true, wouldn't have been very pretty.

Robstar
09-09-2010, 03:47 PM
I didn't mind it so much - it was no more or less cringeworthy than watching Eli do the moustache bit. The dance off was a bit ridiculous - a bit like, I can't decide whether they were strippers or cheerleaders before this? ;)

I liked the teaming of Aksana and Goldust - they should team them up permanently. Goldie needs a valet. AJ is definetly the new Mickie James. Naomi's outfit looked like she took a trip in a time machine and raided The Rockers locker room in 1989. Give her something better to wear.

I liked the Vickie bits. She's an awesome on air character!

AGEOFFALL
09-09-2010, 04:00 PM
So each episode will feature like 2 matches at the most.

eyehatecena
09-09-2010, 09:58 PM
I was impress how cute AJ was......but farwarded through most of the show.

AGEOFFALL
09-10-2010, 03:07 AM
I was impress how cute AJ was......but farwarded through most of the show.

She has the personality that Mickie James had when she debuted as Trish's number one fan.