PDA

View Full Version : 1 Hour Iron Man Match

Terry_TBags
01-04-2011, 12:12 AM
So this is my 1st post and i apologize in advance if you didn't like it.

So out of WWE history i can only think of 5 Iron Man Matches that were at least 1 hour or a little longer and they were...

1. Shawn Michaels vs Bret Hart

2. The Rock vs Triple H

3. Brock Lesnar vs Kurt Angle

4. Triple H vs Cris Benoit

5. Randy Orton vs John Cena

Out of these Five (and i watched all 5 not a easy choice) wich did you like more and why?

I personally liked Lesnar vs Angle IMO it had it all great history/rivalry between the two men, both incredibly gifted athletes and it was for the WWE Title, there were so many spots in that match but what did stick in my memory was at the end Lesanr was wining 5 agains Kurt who had 4 wins and at the last 15 seconds Angle had the ankel lock on Lesnar and had the chance to tie it and go to sudden death overtime but Brock edured it and won the WWE title, it was the main event on smackdown and it easily could'v headlined a ppv even Mania at that

IPOOPINTHEBATH
01-04-2011, 12:18 AM
I completely agree with Angle/Lesnar. At the topic of the post I had in my head pretty much what you said. Well done chap.

Bodom
01-04-2011, 12:19 AM
Holy shit I had completely forgotten about the Angle vs Lesnar Ironman Match.

Putting this on my must watch list.

jethro
01-04-2011, 12:20 AM
I think there was HBK vs Cena on Raw.

I have to re-watch all that 5 matches mention in order to pick a favorite =/

Bodom
01-04-2011, 12:27 AM
I think there was HBK vs Cena on Raw.

I have to re-watch all that 5 matches mention in order to pick a favorite =/

Im not sure that was an Ironman Match, just a long ass match

Necroyeti
01-04-2011, 12:48 AM
Angle/Lesnar is an absolutely beautiful match

There are another couple of really good one hour iron man matches outside of the 'E I can think of, should be easy enough to find:

Low Ki vs. Spanky vs. Doug Williams vs. Christopher Daniels (2002, from ROH: match that crowned their first champion)
CM Punk vs. Chris Hero (2004 I think, from WXW: it's in German)

ROH and TNA have done plenty of half hour ones too, most notably Bryan Danielson vs. Doug Williams and AJ Styles vs. Christopher Daniels

IPOOPINTHEBATH
01-04-2011, 12:55 AM

There are another couple of really good one hour iron man matches outside of the 'E I can think of, should be easy enough to find:

Low Ki vs. Spanky vs. Doug Williams vs. Christopher Daniels (2002, from ROH: match that crowned their first champion)

ROH and TNA have done plenty of half hour ones too, most notably Bryan Danielson vs. Doug Williams and AJ Styles vs. Christopher Daniels

Wow. I've been putting off looking into ROH's rich backlog, but I can't believe I didn't know about those. I'll have to check them out this weekend. I have spotty recognition of TNA, not quite as early as the weekly PPVs but they were on Wednesday at like 3:30 in the afternoon on Fox Sports Net. Had a board I frequented years ago and read of a lot of their exploits.

Bodom
01-04-2011, 12:57 AM

Didn't TNA just do a 15-minute Ironman Match?

xStraightxEdgexSaviorx
01-04-2011, 12:58 AM
I gotta go with HBK vs Bret Hart. Their match was legendary and it immediately shot HBK up to main event status. Angle v Lesnar was great, but HBK vs. Bret was one of my all time favorite matches. Also, I think Orton vs. Cena was an extremely underrated match. Just my opinion though.

Necroyeti
01-04-2011, 01:07 AM
Didn't TNA just do a 15-minute Ironman Match?
Nope. TNA did a TEN MINUTE Ironman match between AJ Styles and Jerry Lynn! It ended 3-3, and didn't go to sudden death!

I haven't watched much of it. but the early years of NWA-TNA seemed to be completely batshit insane.

IPOOPINTHEBATH
01-04-2011, 01:09 AM
I think he means TNA just recently did an AJ Styles/Doug Williams 15 minute match, and I think it even got extended by 5.

Bodom
01-04-2011, 01:11 AM
Nope. TNA did a TEN MINUTE Ironman match between AJ Styles and Jerry Lynn! It ended 3-3, and didn't go to sudden death!

I haven't watched much of it. but the early years of NWA-TNA seemed to be completely batshit insane.

Either I missed that or they've stricken that from the records

Necroyeti
01-04-2011, 01:11 AM
Oh okay, I completely missed that. Was that last week's Impact? I'd like to look it up.

IPOOPINTHEBATH
01-04-2011, 01:13 AM
I think it was.

EDIT: Definitely within the last 2 or 3 weeks.

jethro
01-04-2011, 01:16 AM
If WWE allow Punk to have 1 hour ironman match against Daniel Bryan,I die a happy man.

Necroyeti
01-04-2011, 01:19 AM
Cool, been meaning to catch up with the past could of weeks of impact anyway. (And by catch up, I mean fastforward all the talking and watch the matches)

I'd also like to say that Cena amd Orton's Ironman match was actually one of my favourite matches from 2009, while I'm here.

IPOOPINTHEBATH
01-04-2011, 01:20 AM
If WWE allow Punk to have 1 hour ironman match against Daniel Bryan,I die a happy man.

That would be so amazing. Unfortunately the upper mid card and main event is pretty packed right now. I see Bryan sitting square in the mid card for quite awhile. WWE is showing that it can be smart about pushing awesome talent, but they aren't always smart about using all of it. With the recent reports of creative being told to bury Low Ki, I have a feeling the same will eventually happen to Bryan.

Necroyeti
01-04-2011, 01:29 AM
They had a 2/3 falls match in FIP that went 40+ minutes once, which I guess is the next best thing. I've been hunting for that match for a while.

Might start a 2/3 falls thread after Smackdown on friday, I also mark out for them.

The Brown One
01-04-2011, 01:48 AM
Without a doubt, Bret Hart vs HBK. It was a classic match, that had no pinfalls during the 1 hour at WM XII, and was the only Ironman match in WWE history to go overtime. HBK deserved to, and won the WWF title that night.

A close second would surely be Kurt vs Lesnar on Smackdown for the WWE title.

Pepsi Plunge
01-04-2011, 02:15 AM
I know this is not one of the ones listed and not from WWE but
'Joe vs. Punk II' is my favourite

Necroyeti
01-04-2011, 02:27 AM
I know this is not one of the ones listed and not from WWE but
'Joe vs. Punk II' is my favourite
It's not an Ironman match, but still one of the greatest matches of all time.

Saiga
01-04-2011, 03:59 AM
Kurt Angle vs. Brock Lesnar was by far the best Iron Man Match to date as it had everything from count outs, disqualifications, submissions & pinfalls and they both made it very believable with their skills & the expressions on their faces ... The second best Iron Man Match would probably be Triple H vs. The Rock ... Their rivalry was so intense that anything they did was believable from their promos to their matches. Their stuff had so much fluid it was easy to suck it up...

I did not like the Orton vs. Cena match however as I pretty much knew Cena was going to win ... Orton had the match tied at a draw and I wouldn't have mind see them square off in a sudden death ... I thought Orton was gonna do what Brock Lesnar did by hanging on until the siren went but tapped out at the remaining 4 seconds & it pissed me off to see John Cena not just win the WWE Championship, but a match only few superstars who have ever won them (with most of them being very good wrestlers) ... John Cena to me, is just not a good wrestler and seeing him win this type of match disgusted me & was disgraceful.

steveorton
01-04-2011, 06:48 AM
I liked angle/lesnar, I'm jus sayin...

Kashdinero
01-04-2011, 07:16 AM
They had a 2/3 falls match in FIP that went 40+ minutes once, which I guess is the next best thing. I've been hunting for that match for a while.

Might start a 2/3 falls thread after Smackdown on friday, I also mark out for them.

Punk v Hero. IWA-MS. Two out of three falls. Ninety three minutes. Give or take a minute.

Beyond epic.

Nay_Than
01-04-2011, 07:38 AM

A couple of iMPACTS ago there was a 15 minute.. well 20 minute iron man match with AJ vs DOug Williams..

Wasnt rick flair in a 60 minute iron man match?

And the 30 minute match with Angle vs Jeff Hardy was fucking phenomenal.

edgeheadvnzla
01-04-2011, 07:42 AM
Im not sure that was an Ironman Match, just a long ass match

It wasn't a Iron Man match. It was a long match and one of the best match in John Cena's carrer. That match was the Main Event in the Pre-Backlash 2007's Raw.

Bret Hart vs Shawn Michaels at WM12. My fav match of all times... it was pure Championship, Techincal match

Necroyeti
01-04-2011, 07:44 AM
Punk v Hero. IWA-MS. Two out of three falls. Ninety three minutes. Give or take a minute.

Beyond epic.
Why have I never seen this before? Downloading now.

I also notice they've had a TLC match in IWA as well, that sounds like it would appeal to me also.

The Brown One
01-04-2011, 07:45 AM
It wasn't a Iron Man match. It was a long match and one of the best match in John Cena's carrer. That match was the Main Event in the Pre-Backlash 2007's Raw.

Agreed. It wasn't as good as their WM match, but it was of very high quality. By far Cenas best match.

Kashdinero
01-04-2011, 07:59 AM
Why have I never seen this before? Downloading now.

I also notice they've had a TLC match in IWA as well, that sounds like it would appeal to me also.

I found that while searching for a streaming link. These two had a wicked rivalry in Ian Rotten's "blood and guts" fed.

The Brown One
01-04-2011, 08:56 AM

Beyond epic.

Shit Punks been around the world more than I thought. 93 minutes?! Thats insane. I'm going to have a look.

Necroyeti
01-04-2011, 09:07 AM
Shit Punks been around the world more than I thought. 93 minutes?! Thats insane. I'm going to have a look.
You can get it from here (http://wweespanol.forumcommunity.net/?t=33694276) in 4 parts.

If you change "megaupload.com/(whatever)" into "megavideo.com/(whatever)", you should be able to stream it instead of downloading it.

The Brown One
01-04-2011, 09:23 AM
You can get it from here (http://wweespanol.forumcommunity.net/?t=33694276) in 4 parts.

If you change "megaupload.com/(whatever)" into "megavideo.com/(whatever)", you should be able to stream it instead of downloading it.

Thanks dude.

Necroyeti
01-09-2011, 07:52 AM
Bump.

I'm catching up with recent eps of FCW, and it appears they're doing a tournament/round-robin type thing consisting of 15 minute Iron Man matches. According to my schedule:

12/5/10 - Richie Steamboat vs. Hunico
12/19/10 - Seth Rollins vs. Jinder Mahal
1/2/11 - Seth Rollins vs. Richie Steamboat

That's right motherfuckers, two 15 minute long Tyler Black matches on WWE television. OH MY BROTHER TESTIFY

THE_CRIPPLER
01-15-2011, 02:54 AM
Bret Hart vs Shawn Michaels was the best Iron man match ever without a doubt..... a easy second would be HHH vs The Rock, great match that had everything........... i was disappointed in the Angle Lesnar Iron Man match, i think cause both men were injured it was lackluster..... i think all of Angle vs Lesnar matches didnt live up to expectations... I think Eddie Gurrero had better matches with Angle and Lesnar than they had with each other.

The Brown One
01-15-2011, 03:56 AM
Bump.

I'm catching up with recent eps of FCW, and it appears they're doing a tournament/round-robin type thing consisting of 15 minute Iron Man matches. According to my schedule:

12/5/10 - Richie Steamboat vs. Hunico
12/19/10 - Seth Rollins vs. Jinder Mahal
1/2/11 - Seth Rollins vs. Richie Steamboat

That's right motherfuckers, two 15 minute long Tyler Black matches on WWE television. OH MY BROTHER TESTIFY

15 minutes?! Really short, but not bad for WWE. And if theyr'e doing so many, its worth it. I'd love to see Black wrestle. But not in FCW unfortunately.

Necroyeti
01-15-2011, 07:31 AM
He wrestles just fine in FCW tbh. He actually seems to carry whoever he wrestles half the time.