PDA

View Full Version : TNA's FUTURE DETERMINED

steveorton
01-03-2011, 02:29 PM
The question is simple, Do you ever see TNA in the future getting a 2.0 rating? How long do you think this will take and realistically what has to happen, I mean how much wrestlers do they employ because you want to make a profit and who should be fired and who should be hired? How much employees( ie. wrestlers employed by the company)?

For me I think it does not matter who they hire they will never achieve a 2.0 rating, I'm jus sayin...

SilverGhost
01-03-2011, 02:32 PM
The question is simple, Do you ever see TNA in the future getting a 2.0 rating? How long do you think this will take and realistically what has to happen, I mean how much wrestlers do they employ because you want to make a profit and who should be fired and who should be hired? How much employees( ie. wrestlers employed by the company)?

For me I think it does not matter who they hire they will never achieve a 2.0 rating, I'm jus sayin...

Whenever I see this, I feel like banning for some unknown reason.

Bodom
01-03-2011, 02:34 PM
Whenever I see this, I feel like banning for some unknown reason.

Bad form SG. That's not something you should say to a new guy.

That phrase doesn't always equal He Who We Do Not Speak Of.

Rich Cranium
01-03-2011, 02:37 PM
To get back on topic, I think TNA could definitely pull out a 2.0 rating! They just need a big shake up if you know what I mean.

SilverGhost
01-03-2011, 02:37 PM

I wouldn't do it anyways but He Who We Do Not Speak Of did it alot and it was annoying -.-

On topic: TNA should just be itself. If they kept their own style, by now it would be over 2.0.

Rich Cranium
01-03-2011, 02:40 PM
I wouldn't do it anyways but He Who We Do Not Speak Of did it alot and it was annoying -.-

On topic: TNA should just be itself. If they kept their own style, by now it would be over 2.0.

Absolutely they would be there by now! That what sometimes happens when you try and fix what's not broken!

SilverGhost
01-03-2011, 02:44 PM
Absolutely they would be there by now! That what sometimes happens when you try and fix what's not broken!

Exactly. TNA got a greedy when they signed BiscHogan and some ex-WWE guys and some 80's dudes. If they have kept the X-division and let it grow and the tag team division and the main events actually making sense, 2.0 would be a breeze for them.

Rassling_Fan
01-03-2011, 02:47 PM
You know I would like to see TNA do? Make an experiment. Make a month of TNA featuring no one that were previously in the WCW, ECW or WWE. Let's see how the ratings would do without them. If it's the same, then it proves all their additions were pointless. If there is noticeable changes, then you would see all the proof you need.

SilverGhost
01-03-2011, 02:54 PM
You know I would like to see TNA do? Make an experiment. Make a month of TNA featuring no one that were previously in the WCW, ECW or WWE. Let's see how the ratings would do without them. If it's the same, then it proves all their additions were pointless. If there is noticeable changes, then you would see all the proof you need.

Its going to be pointless now since they are a part of them. Before BiscHogan, it was great to watch the TNA guys go in the ring and grow their own product. Now, I don't see how people defend this. It is obvious that it isn't good and they are trying too hard. I long for TNA 06~08

wallyman
01-03-2011, 03:07 PM

i think u havent seen how tna has growht over the years...the fact is that 1.1 ratings that tna gets now its really really good...why? well because they started out at like .2 or something in their debut and they only been on air for like 4 years with times that people believe its wrong to like anything thats not wwe. its hard for your product to get out there and people bash it like its their must. i think tna will get a 2.0 maybe not in 2011 but around 2012 i think this year their ratings will go up. i also think that everyone needs to give tna time and dont act like u can book a show or know who to push etc. tna wont die either i doubnt it will with panda on their back but also because they are growing worldwide but for some reason the us market really sucks maybe bcuz its owned by the wwe and thats something really hard to get rid off.

SilverGhost
01-03-2011, 03:12 PM
i think u havent seen how tna has growht over the years...the fact is that 1.1 ratings that tna gets now its really really good...why? well because they started out at like .2 or something in their debut and they only been on air for like 4 years with times that people believe its wrong to like anything thats not wwe. its hard for your product to get out there and people bash it like its their must. i think tna will get a 2.0 maybe not in 2011 but around 2012 i think this year their ratings will go up. i also think that everyone needs to give tna time and dont act like u can book a show or know who to push etc. tna wont die either i doubnt it will with panda on their back but also because they are growing worldwide but for some reason the us market really sucks maybe bcuz its owned by the wwe and thats something really hard to get rid off.

Bold one: True, we don't know how to book a show. But TNA being WWE or WCW won't get them far.
Bold two: Really? Where did you get that info?

Los Conquistador
01-03-2011, 03:26 PM
i think in order to obtain a 2.0 they need a compromise between new TNA and TNA classic

they need the healthy combination of Classic Wrasslin' and the new publicity and entertainment brought by BiscHogan

Stump
01-03-2011, 03:34 PM
i think in order to obtain a 2.0 they need a compromise between new TNA and TNA classic

they need the healthy combination of Classic Wrasslin' and the new publicity and entertainment brought by BiscHogan

That is not a bad analysis. I don't have a problem with the WWE guys being there, I simply don't like them being the only ones to get a push/ Understand, when I say I have a problem with the WWE guys, Kurt Angle is ALWAYS an exception. lol

Bodom
01-03-2011, 03:44 PM
Spike isn't a "Big Network"?

UFC begs to differ.

Kashdinero
01-03-2011, 04:08 PM
Any publicity that came with Bischogan has dried up a loooong time ago.

Necroyeti
01-03-2011, 04:20 PM
To me, TNA has all the tools available to put on a truly great product and reach a 2.0 rating, but lately it's like they're trying to tighten a bolt with a screwdriver.

But forget the in-ring product, their marketing seems to be absolutely dreadful. Literally every person I've met in real life (UK) who watches TNA either stumbled across it by accident one night, or are too frugal to buy the sky sports package and are stuck with it. I'm not sure what kind of ratings they do here, but I'm pretty sure it's shown opposite football most nights.

SilverGhost
01-03-2011, 04:27 PM
To me, TNA has all the tools available to put on a truly great product and reach a 2.0 rating, but lately it's like they're trying to tighten a bolt with a screwdriver.

But forget the in-ring product, their marketing seems to be absolutely dreadful. Literally every person I've met in real life (UK) who watches TNA either stumbled across it by accident one night, or are too frugal to buy the sky sports package and are stuck with it. I'm not sure what kind of ratings they do here, but I'm pretty sure it's shown opposite football most nights.

I've seen them make 1.1's or 1.3's.

In ring is great and all, its the storylines that make it crap and stuff.

Juvenile Junkie
01-03-2011, 05:46 PM
improve the content of the show,less Russo inspired storylines,bring in Paul heyman.

thejman93
01-03-2011, 05:50 PM

Who do we not speak of?

TNA will never reach a 2.0 rating with BiscHoganUsso Inc. in charge

Bodom
01-03-2011, 06:03 PM
Who do we not speak of?

TNA will never reach a 2.0 rating with BiscHoganUsso Inc. in charge

Some jackass that we had to have permanently banned from EWN.

Juvenile Junkie
01-03-2011, 06:08 PM
ha sit not become clear to them that it does not matter who they sign,but how the roster is utilised and it needs many TNA homgrown stars.Push the X-division as a main event again.

The Brown One
01-03-2011, 07:11 PM
Hogan and Bischoff came to TNA for one reason. Not to make it better, but to run it their way, so that they could relive WCW all over again, and Hogan could feel young again. Walking with crutches to the ring with a bad back does not make you young again Hogan.

I'm sure that if TNA stuck with their originals, and not hire so many ex WWE stars so that half their roster is full of them, that their ratings would have hit 2.0 by now.
Removing any WWE stars is a bad idea. Because the crowd has taken to some of them, eg.Anderson, Angle, and if they are missing from the show, theres less main eventers to fill their spot, because TNA hasn't pushed their original talent to become maineventers yet.

There are a few things that could possibly help TNA get that rating they want, but it will take a while:
*Hogan and Bischoff need to go. Signing ex WWE talent that theyr'e buddies with, or just like them is a bad idea. And Hogan and Bischoff only push who they want, which ends up a disaster. They also take up too much time on Impact talking, instead of wrestling. They should be backstage the whole time at the least, like Dixie was.
*The ring needs to become 6 sided again. This was what made TNA its own company, and unique.
*The X-Division needs revamping, so that they have smaller talent in there, and also Samoa Joe, cause hes awesome.
*They need to hire indy workers who are X-Division material, and who are well known, so that many fans will have recognised them from the indys. They also need to hire some of the great talent that they have released in the past.
*Make things more realistic. We don't want Abyss talking! He was taken much more seriously as a monster heel, when he had a mouthpiece. I'm not saying get back James Mitchell, but if it were possible, all the better. But he needs a mouthpiece sooner or later as a monster heel.
*Stop slinging shit at WWE! Stop taking cheapshots at WWE, its not going to get you anywhere.
*Give the veterans less time, and the younger talent more time, so that you can rebuild your company, and have maineventers on call when you need them. And once the current maineventers are gone, you won't have anyone left.
*Get more international talent. This has given us some great matches in the past, at Global Impact.
*The tagteam is amazing, but they may need more. If possible, get the Worlds Greatest Tagteam, and The Filth and the Fury.
*Get rid of the KO Tagteam belts. Theyr'e irrelevant. Chances are, the holders will be thrusted into the KO title scene, and the tagteam belts will be forgotten about, and just be props for 4 months.
Well thats my advice for helping TNA.

Rockstar83
01-03-2011, 07:11 PM
To get to a 2.0 rating they must do all these 4 below:

A) Get rid of Hulk Hogan, Eric Bishoff & Vince Russo (And Hire Paul Heyman)
B) Get rid of old wrestler's over 40! (Minus Kurt Angle)
C) Bring in young guys and refresh the X-Division.
D) At every end of the show (Impact) leave the fans guessing in shock like how Punk joined Nexus kinda deal.

Los Conquistador
01-03-2011, 07:16 PM
Hogan and Bischoff came to TNA for one reason. Not to make it better, but to run it their way, so that they could relive WCW all over again, and Hogan could feel young again. Walking with crutches to the ring with a bad back does not make you young again Hogan.

he's got serious back surgeries
one after another

he obviously ain't got the sexual potency for a wife almost half his age

and his mother died making him the oldest of his immediate family

KARMAS A BITCH HULK

The Brown One
01-03-2011, 07:21 PM
he's got serious back surgeries
one after another

he obviously ain't got the sexual potency for a wife almost half his age

and his mother died making him the oldest of his immediate family

KARMAS A BITCH HULK

Its time he paid back his dues. He was also the greatest wrestler in the world at one time, and now hes fuckin* up TNA. Hes got to realise that his time in the sun is up.

SilverGhost
01-03-2011, 07:28 PM

I'm sure that if TNA stuck with their originals, and not hire so many ex WWE stars so that half their roster is full of them, that their ratings would have hit 2.0 by now.
Removing any WWE stars is a bad idea. Because the crowd has taken to some of them, eg.Anderson, Angle, and if they are missing from the show, theres less main eventers to fill their spot, because TNA hasn't pushed their original talent to become maineventers yet.

There are a few things that could possibly help TNA get that rating they want, but it will take a while:
*Hogan and Bischoff need to go. Signing ex WWE talent that theyr'e buddies with, or just like them is a bad idea. And Hogan and Bischoff only push who they want, which ends up a disaster. They also take up too much time on Impact talking, instead of wrestling. They should be backstage the whole time at the least, like Dixie was.
*The ring needs to become 6 sided again. This was what made TNA its own company, and unique.
*The X-Division needs revamping, so that they have smaller talent in there, and also Samoa Joe, cause hes awesome.
*They need to hire indy workers who are X-Division material, and who are well known, so that many fans will have recognised them from the indys. They also need to hire some of the great talent that they have released in the past.
*Make things more realistic. We don't want Abyss talking! He was taken much more seriously as a monster heel, when he had a mouthpiece. I'm not saying get back James Mitchell, but if it were possible, all the better. But he needs a mouthpiece sooner or later as a monster heel.
*Stop slinging shit at WWE! Stop taking cheapshots at WWE, its not going to get you anywhere.
*Give the veterans less time, and the younger talent more time, so that you can rebuild your company, and have maineventers on call when you need them. And once the current maineventers are gone, you won't have anyone left.
*Get more international talent. This has given us some great matches in the past, at Global Impact.
*The tagteam is amazing, but they may need more. If possible, get the Worlds Greatest Tagteam, and The Filth and the Fury.
*Get rid of the KO Tagteam belts. Theyr'e irrelevant. Chances are, the holders will be thrusted into the KO title scene, and the tagteam belts will be forgotten about, and just be props for 4 months.
Well thats my advice for helping TNA.

Well said! I agree!

steveorton
01-03-2011, 07:38 PM
Excellent response Brown one, but I think certain WWE superstars can be hired and thrusting them into the main event or even any position in the company can spell success to the company, however these superstars has to meet certain criterias-drug free, be able to perform in the ring and ofcourse be somewhat known, I would love to see Shelton benjamin, Kaval, Paul London in Tna. Tna should get rid of the Hardys, Hogans, and Rvd, they are past their prime and all have serious personal problems. Also bring back Daniels and that rooster will be revitalised, X-division will be back on track as well as improvement of the tag team division and so sure enough TNA will be filled with huge amounts of talent that can actually wrestle and main event, I'm jus sayin...

Pepsi Plunge
01-03-2011, 08:19 PM
Im pretty sure everyone would think that TNA would do alot better if they got rid of hogan and bishoff lol get rid of them and bring in Heyman!

personally i think its alright to keep ric flair but only as a manager and backstage figure not as a wrestler because hes still such a funny and good talker

i dont like orlando jordan because he scares me. no offence to gay people but they should not be wrestlers for obvious reasons. so definately get rid of him.

I HATE matt hardy but i would love to see what he has to offer to TNA

i know alot would disapprove but i would love to see what the following former WWE superstars could offer us in TNA:
-Carlito
-Caylen Croft
-Eric Escobar
-Greg Helms
-Kaval
-MVP
-Shelton Benjamin

I know these are all WWE rejects but i can imagine most of them putting alot towards the X division and TNA would definately have the money for all of this if they just got rid of Hogan or Bischoff

Necroyeti
01-03-2011, 08:33 PM
i know alot would disapprove but i would love to see what the following former WWE superstars could offer us in TNA:
-Carlito - HELL YES, I'd mark for that
-Caylen Croft - no way.
-Eric Escobar - nuh uh.
-Greg Helms - no, but it'll probably happen eventually
-Kaval - I guess so, I'd prefer he go to the indies though
-MVP - will never happen
-Shelton Benjamin - just signed with ROH, with Charlie Haas no less!

Eric Bischoff
01-03-2011, 08:50 PM
A) Get rid of Hulk Hogan, Eric Bishoff & Vince Russo (And Hire Paul Heyman)
B) Get rid of old wrestler's over 40! (Minus Kurt Angle)

- Although I cannot say Heyman won't help TNA, considering the fact that the 3 has already made too much of a damage for Heyman to save now.

- Two people over 40 I think that still contributes to the company are Ric Flair (as a mic for AJ or whoever), and Mick Foley (backstage, promos, manager, commentator, just not wrestling.)

The Brown One
01-03-2011, 09:56 PM
The sad thing is that many of the wrestlers that you guys have suggested go to TNA are already in the indys and are busy there. With the exception of The Worlds Greatest Tagteam, who are about to debut on this weeks ROH! I would still like to see them though. Especially Carlito, Kaval, Charlie Haas, Shelton Benjamin and maybe MVP.

Pepsi Plunge
01-03-2011, 10:02 PM
hmm i know but the bottom line even before any wrestlers come in is just get rid of hogan and bischoff

IPOOPINTHEBATH
01-04-2011, 12:28 AM
hmm i know but the bottom line even before any wrestlers come in is just get rid of hogan and bischoff

Ahahaha, holy shit. I must say your sig is awesome.

RevolutionIcon
01-04-2011, 01:39 AM

The US market is not owned by the WWE.

RevolutionIcon
01-04-2011, 01:56 AM
Even though they may not like eachother, I would like to see Bishoff stay and work on production while Heyman comes in and consults on booking and creative.

Hogan and Russo can go home, and they can take their clusterfuck with them.

The Brown One
01-04-2011, 02:25 AM
Even though they may not like eachother, I would like to see Bishoff stay and work on production while Heyman comes in and consults on booking and creative.

Hogan and Russo can go home, and they can take their clusterfuck with them.

Bischoff and Heyman? I don't mind that. It would be better than the current situation.

SilverGhost
01-04-2011, 02:30 AM
Bischoff and Heyman? I don't mind that. It would be better than the current situation.

Putting two evil geniuses in TNA would make things better. The product would be 10x's better. But alas.....Heyman is promoting MMA.

The Brown One
01-04-2011, 02:43 AM
Putting two evil geniuses in TNA would make things better. The product would be 10x's better. But alas.....Heyman is promoting MMA.

Well Heymans a businessman, so I wouldn't put it past him to do that.

Necroyeti
01-04-2011, 02:50 AM
I think some animosity/conflict can sometimes a good thing, creatively. Just like how The White Album was the best Beatles album, Jim Cornette and Vince Russo came up with some real top quality stuff during both the Attitude Era and TNA between 06 and 09.

RevolutionIcon
01-04-2011, 10:08 AM
How did you fuck that quote up? lol, I was looking for him posting the same thing lmao

SilverGhost
01-04-2011, 10:28 AM
I think some animosity/conflict can sometimes a good thing, creatively. Just like how The White Album was the best Beatles album, Jim Cornette and Vince Russo came up with some real top quality stuff during both the Attitude Era and TNA between 06 and 09.

Interesting.....I like that thought.

But wrong person to quote :P

Tcarms920
01-04-2011, 10:54 PM
i think they definitly can, they need to fire bishoff/hogan, they need a filter to be good, other wise they do watered down NWO angels, and belive me i loved the NWO but enough's enough it didn't get ratings in 1999 and it wont in 2011. and they need to focus on the x division its something unique that no other company has. they also need to capitalize on wwe being PG be edgy, real, make it like the attitude era. and they need to do live shows over taped, there live shows are much better in my opinion. they also need to get the belt off hardy and on some new faces like morgan or pope