PDA

View Full Version : Zelda Vs Sonic Vs Mario

AWrestlingGod
03-14-2013, 08:37 PM
Simple which video games series do you like better out of the three. Which series do you think produced the best games, have the best characters, and you just love more.

For me its Sonic. I've always been a fan of Sonic since I was little, I've played every single Sonic game in the series, from Sonic the Hedgehog, to Sonic & Knuckles, and to my favorite Sonic Adventure. I always love the Sonic series, and how the character has evolved. I always love the fastpaced gameplay, and all the different personalities that have came into the series. Though the games quality has declined, Sonic Generations was able to remind me why the game was so great.

I love it.

Edit: Damn it. Misspelled Mario in the poll.

Tomsta666
03-14-2013, 08:52 PM
Null vote.

Why has it got to be one or the other? I love all three series. Super Mario World, Sonic 2 and Link to the Past were all big parts of my childhood :cool:

THE HEARTBREAK KID
03-14-2013, 08:54 PM
I have to go Mario here! Though I liked Sonic, I spent countless hours of my early childhood playing Mario on the old Nintendo's with my family and even too this day, we play them on the Wii.

Never been a fan of Zelda though, never played the games.

THE HEARTBREAK KID
03-14-2013, 08:55 PM
Null vote.

Why has it got to be one or the other? I love all three series. Super Mario World, Sonic 2 and Link to the Past were all big parts of my childhood :cool:

Otherwise the Poll don't work?

:rolleyes:

K2Jelly
03-14-2013, 09:14 PM
My man Mario wins this.

Most iconic video game character of all time IMO and above that, his game's never get tiring and boring despite the fact that they've been running with the same platform concept for over 20 years.

VanHooliganX
03-14-2013, 09:58 PM
Earthworm Jim.

The Piper
03-15-2013, 01:58 AM
Ocarina Of Time, still the best game ever

AWrestlingGod
03-15-2013, 02:08 AM
Ocarina Of Time, still the best game ever

I enjoyed Skyward Sword a bit more. But Ocarina of Time was great.

The Piper
03-15-2013, 02:11 AM
I enjoyed Skyward Sword a bit more. But Ocarina of Time was great.

First part: blasphomy

Second part: somewhat redeemed

AWrestlingGod
03-15-2013, 02:27 AM
First part: blasphomy

Second part: somewhat redeemed

Top 3 Zelda Games in order (my opinion)

1. Skyward Sword
2. Ocarina of Time
3. Windwaker

Windwaker- Is probably the most underrated, but sailing is such a bitch.

Ocarina of Time had such great nostalgia, and was perfect in nearly every way, and pretty innovative

But Skyward Sword, just felt epic. It's probably the most challenging Zelda game, and felt the adventure was just so epic, and the flying and the controls all the stuff added into the game, it was just amazing.

The Piper
03-15-2013, 02:32 AM
Top 3 Zelda Games in order (my opinion)

1. Skyward Sword
2. Ocarina of Time
3. Windwaker

Windwaker- Is probably the most underrated, but sailing is such a bitch.

Ocarina of Time had such great nostalgia, and was perfect in nearly every way, and pretty innovative

But Skyward Sword, just felt epic. It's probably the most challenging Zelda game, and felt the adventure was just so epic, and the flying and the controls all the stuff added into the game, it was just amazing.

1. Ocarina Of Time
2. WindWaker
3. The Original

I loved the first one for the NES, it's playability transcended all the others throughout the years, it really can be played whenever one is bored and has an NES

AWrestlingGod
03-15-2013, 02:37 AM
1. Ocarina Of Time
2. WindWaker
3. The Original

I loved the first one for the NES, it's playability transcended all the others throughout the years, it really can be played whenever one is bored and has an NES

Oh now the original can be arguably be called the most influential game of all time, it really brought a boom period for a rpg games, when it was released. And can be replayed multiple times, it's truly a great game, and no matter what will always be considered one of the top nintendo games of all time, Considering how it really broke the mold of linear gameplay, and overall just how it influenced some other video game series as well.

The Piper
03-15-2013, 02:42 AM
Oh now the original can be arguably be called the most influential game of all time, it really brought a boom period for a rpg games, when it was released. And can be replayed multiple times, it's truly a great game, and no matter what will always be considered one of the top nintendo games of all time, Considering how it really broke the mold of linear gameplay, and overall just how it influenced some other video game series as well.

It's the simple fact that it isn't another side scroller that set it apart at the time, but even that was good enough to make it absolutely revolutionize the gameplay of the time, as well as influence every RPG of today. But then they kind of dropped the ball on the second mixing the average gameplay with the one found in the first, making it not really noteworthy in the case of influence/new ideas

AWrestlingGod
03-15-2013, 02:44 AM
It's the simple fact that it isn't another side scroller that set it apart at the time, but even that was good enough to make it absolutely revolutionize the gameplay of the time, as well as influence every RPG of today. But then they kind of dropped the ball on the second mixing the average gameplay with the one found in the first, making it not really noteworthy in the case of influence/new ideas

But then Zelda got back on track, with A link to the Past.

The Piper
03-15-2013, 02:46 AM
But then Zelda got back on track, with A link to the Past.

All of the gameboy games were really good for the franchise, and none of them really did drop the ball...except for when four swords came out, didn't much care for that one

AWrestlingGod
03-15-2013, 02:49 AM
All of the gameboy games were really good for the franchise, and none of them really did drop the ball...except for when four swords came out, didn't much care for that one

True, when you look at it the Zelda series has never had a bad game. Some were better than others, but if you look back, each Zelda game was wonderful in their own right.

The Piper
03-15-2013, 02:53 AM
True, when you look at it the Zelda series has never had a bad game. Some were better than others, but if you look back, each Zelda game was wonderful in their own right.
Exactly, a lot of people rag on Majora's Mask for being bad/too hard, but if one can get into it it becomes a nice challenge and a fun game to play

AWrestlingGod
03-15-2013, 02:55 AM
Sidenote: This picture made me laugh.4368

AWrestlingGod
03-15-2013, 03:01 AM
Exactly, a lot of people rag on Majora's Mask for being bad/too hard, but if one can get into it it becomes a nice challenge and a fun game to play

I wasn't the biggest fan of the 3 day system, and some of the boss battles sucked. But the game was unique, I actually enjoyed the darker tone in the game, it was different but it should still be considered a great game. (Though I did it consider it somewhat tedious at times, especially the dreaded task of shooting those ghost at the farm).

Steve's Right Peg of Doom
03-15-2013, 03:32 AM
Only problem with this comparison, Sonic and Mario are platformers Zelda is not. Would have been better picking 3 for like games.

Anyway my personal fave from these is Sonic. I was a Sega fanboy in my yoof.

Tommy Thunder
03-15-2013, 07:22 AM
Zelda takes it for me. Definitely the best game. But as Wade says, Zelda isn't really a platformer, so the comparison is a bit iffy. But as far as which game I liked best in general goes, Zelda still takes it for me.

Tommy Thunder
03-15-2013, 08:19 AM
I have also just promptly broken out my Gamo Boy Color in order to play Zelda: Link's Awakening :D

KJ PUNK
03-20-2013, 09:48 AM
Mario for me.

Never understood the fun of Sonic since you're going so fast that you miss everything in the map.