PDA

View Full Version : ROH being the 3rd

TNA 'The very best'
01-02-2011, 07:31 PM
I was thinking this the other day and i'll say sorry now if this has be done before but cant find anything,

Does anyone else think ROH need to sign some ex WWE/WCW/ECW talent to boost interest like TNA did back in the day. the likes of Nash Stiener Booker Rhino Raven are all free agents, ( i know a million more are)

Just think it could help them out be good to see them fighting TNA for second spot.

Same applies to other indy companies like Dragons gate (sorry if thats the wrong name, dont know much about it)

The Brown One
01-02-2011, 07:48 PM
They already got Charlie Hass and Shelton Benjamin.

Necroyeti
01-02-2011, 08:08 PM
No.

But, skip forward to 1:20 to have your mind BLOWN

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8AlSe5Kq-I
He also had matches with Christopher Daniels and Roderick Strong during his short tenure there.

ROH often had/have big-name stars making guest appearances too, names like Mick Foley, JJ Dillon, Ricky Steamboat, Terry Funk, Bret Hart, Kenta Kobashi and Eddie Guerrero, as well as various CZW and Dragon Gate guys. Some wrestle, some don't. And very recently they bought in Serena Deeb and Awesome Kong.

Kashdinero
01-03-2011, 02:01 AM
No.

He also had matches with Christopher Daniels and Roderick Strong during his short tenure there.

ROH often had/have big-name stars making guest appearances too, names like Mick Foley, JJ Dillon, Ricky Steamboat, Terry Funk, Bret Hart, Kenta Kobashi and Eddie Guerrero, as well as various CZW and Dragon Gate guys. Some wrestle, some don't. And very recently they bought in Serena Deeb and Awesome Kong.

Matt Hardy v Roderick Strong.

http://smotri.com/video/view/?id=v1558899e05e

Matt Hardy v Homicide.

http://smotri.com/video/view/?id=v1558936b817

Matt Hardy v Christopher Daniels

http://smotri.com/video/view/?id=v1558064b77a

The Brown One
01-03-2011, 02:32 AM
Matt Hardy v Roderick Strong.

http://smotri.com/video/view/?id=v1558899e05e

Matt Hardy v Homicide.

http://smotri.com/video/view/?id=v1558936b817

Matt Hardy v Christopher Daniels

http://smotri.com/video/view/?id=v1558064b77a

How old are these? I know Hardy was in the indy circuit before he joined WWE.

Necroyeti
01-03-2011, 02:54 AM
2005ish, during his brief firing over the Edge/Lita thing.

The Brown One
01-03-2011, 03:01 AM
Wow thats pretty late.

TNA 'The very best'
01-03-2011, 12:12 PM
No.

I was thinking more of a long term deal, all well and good having guest apperances but for them to take that next big step they need something more stable.

Bodom
01-03-2011, 12:18 PM
Im really hoping that Mike Knox and the BEARD debuts for The Embassy.

Fucking Epic.

SilverGhost
01-03-2011, 12:21 PM
Im really hoping that Mike Knox and the BEARD debuts for The Embassy.

Fucking Epic.

Mike Knox is awesome! I wanna see that cross body on TV again!

Necroyeti
01-03-2011, 01:06 PM
I was thinking more of a long term deal, all well and good having guest apperances but for them to take that next big step they need something more stable.

No.
ROH doesn't need them. Y'see, some people actually enjoy having an alternative to WWE on TV, and don't want to see the same faces and storylines being rehashed ad nauseum. Especially those old, washed up dudes from like 15 years ago that you mentioned in the OP.

Look at what TNA's become. It obviously doesn't work. Instead of bringing the company to the next level (whatever that means) it will only drive away the current fans and attract a fanbase of morons.

SilverGhost
01-03-2011, 01:10 PM
ROH doesn't need them. Y'see, some people actually enjoy having an alternative to WWE on TV, and don't want to see the same faces and storylines being rehashed ad nauseum. Especially those old, washed up dudes from like 15 years ago that you mentioned in the OP.

Look at what TNA's become. It obviously doesn't work. Instead of bringing the company to the next level (whatever that means) it will only drive away the current fans and attract a fanbase of morons.

TRUTH!!!! Truth here.

68wPayne
01-04-2011, 11:38 AM
ROH is the alternative to WWE and TNA because of their following, like ECW was back in the day. What ROH needs is a better channel for their weekly show. I had never seen ROH until I switched from Comcast to DirecTV because Comcast doesn't carry HDNet. If they got on CBS, NBC, whatever as long as it is something that everyone could get I gurandamntee you they would become a major threat.

TNA 'The very best'
01-04-2011, 11:49 AM

I totally agree that they dont want to follow down the same path TNA is down right now, but giving them a couple of big names cannot harm them, I want to see ROH in the main stream,

68wPayne
01-04-2011, 03:48 PM
IMO they are doing the right thing by sticking to mainly creating their own stars. That way they can say when they get raided that they create the stars that the bigger federations want to get.

Kashdinero
01-04-2011, 04:29 PM
ROH isn't for everybody, by that I mean, wrestler's and fans alike. The ROH fanbase is one of the most dedicated and clued-up out there. There is a certain criteria that a wrestler has to meet before ROH would even consider hiring them. The names that have been suggested be brought in couldn't be further from what ROH stands for. Being able to wrestle to an acceptable standard is a must for any ROH performer. That's why a guy like Nick "Eugene" Dinsmore could waltz in and ROH fans wouldn't have anything negative to say, while a guy like Nash would get booed out of the building.

SilverGhost
01-04-2011, 06:08 PM
ROH isn't for everybody, by that I mean, wrestler's and fans alike. The ROH fanbase is one of the most dedicated and clued-up out there. There is a certain criteria that a wrestler has to meet before ROH would even consider hiring them. The names that have been suggested be brought in couldn't be further from what ROH stands for. Being able to wrestle to an acceptable standard is a must for any ROH performer. That's why a guy like Nick "Eugene" Dinsmore could waltz in and ROH fans wouldn't have anything negative to say, while a guy like Nash would get booed out of the building.

Seperating wrestlers and entertainers?

Bodom
01-04-2011, 09:45 PM

I still think Mike Knox would be an awesome fit for ROH.

Kashdinero
01-04-2011, 09:51 PM
Seperating wrestlers and entertainers?

Is one of the many things ROH does better than WWE & TNA.

Kashdinero
01-04-2011, 09:57 PM
I still think Mike Knox would be an awesome fit for ROH.

Mike Knox was seriously underused in WWE. the man was capable of so much more. like standing moonsaults!

So, yes Mike Knox would be a perfect fit for ROH.

Bodom
01-04-2011, 09:59 PM
Mike Knox was seriously underused in WWE. the man was capable of so much more. like standing moonsaults!

So, yes Mike Knox would be a perfect fit for ROH.

Hasn't Prince Nana been teasing something?

I seriously want Knox in The Embassy.

Kashdinero
01-04-2011, 10:38 PM
Hasn't Prince Nana been teasing something?

I seriously want Knox in The Embassy.

It could happen... Another WWE cast off that could fit well with ROH, is my fellow countryman Birchill... Now that was a beast!!!

Bodom
01-04-2011, 10:50 PM
It could happen... Another WWE cast off that could fit well with ROH, is my fellow countryman Birchill... Now that was a beast!!!

I loved Burchill!

I remember the first time I saw him do the C4!!

Kashdinero
01-05-2011, 12:42 AM
I loved Burchill!

I remember the first time I saw him do the C4!!

The first time I saw him was in person at York Hall. It was the ROH/FWA Frontiers of Honor event. Birchill squashed these two jobbers in a way which I've never seen repeated! When he did a standing Moonsault I couldn't believe it! When he did a standing Shooting Star Press I MMMAAARRRKKKEEEDDD out! Finally he hit both jobbers with the C4 at the same time!!!! The rest of the night from that point on was a blur... Then he joined the WWE and the monster that was Birchill became a distant (but fond) memory ; (

Necroyeti
01-07-2011, 09:47 PM
oops wrong thread