PDA

View Full Version : The Future Of Y2J

Robstar
09-07-2010, 04:43 AM
So do you think Chris Jericho is about to retire (once again)? It's obvious Chris wants to explore other areas of entertainment; he's got the skills to be a viable actor, better than The Rock (Yes, even the great one!) I can't imagine he is as serious about Fozzy as he once might have been. They would have broke before now, if it was ever gonna happen.

Here's what I think - Jericho has one last good run in him. If he stays in shape, takes a couple of years off and comes back again down the track - look how successful his first comeback was. If WWE has the brains to keep him on some sort of optional contract they would stand to make a lot of money from Y2J.

I'd hate to lose Jericho but if they send him out on some farcical angle like his "Raw ban", I'll be truly pissed. :confused:

Warmachine
09-07-2010, 07:22 AM
Farcical eh nice use of jericho vocabulary

Once i heard y2j wasn't so eager in renewing his contract the only other options he had career wise was acting or his band or god forbid TNA.
Probable reasons why he didn.'nt renew is either the company's direction (which has cause some wrestlers to quit i.e. batista) or that he's just plain burnt out. I agree that having jericho take a year off or so would refresh his character and himself physically. Fans could be totally excited on his return and he can probably bring back y2j

the only issues that would disrupt this idea is if Jericho were to find success with acting or fozzy that he would want to come back , or age..however that might not be a huge issue as jericho hasnt had a serious injury to burden him

optional contracts didn't work in the case of hulk hogan even though he wasnt wrestling, on his tv show( the reality mtv like one) he signed a contract that allowed to use the hulk hogan brand for life, as for now he's working with tna. Its a case where he found something else to further his career so he breached that contract so that can happen as well with jericho

SgtGohan
09-07-2010, 10:29 AM
I hope he stays, WWE isnt the same without jericho.

mouse
09-07-2010, 10:43 AM
Jericho is an anomaly among the other WWE superstars...the WWE isn't is whole life; he could do well without it. The question is whether the WWE will keep him. They've have not closed the door on his character and I've heard they're still in talks over his contract. Still, he is a versatile player and doesn't seem title hungry; he loves the sport. Personally, I think he could use a few more years off...he's not really filling in for anyone and he hasn't been in any strong storylines this year...

SilverGhost
09-07-2010, 12:07 PM
I would say give him one more title run and after that its his choice.

NightofChampions071810
09-07-2010, 12:41 PM
If Jericho isn't on Raw I'm not watching. Simple as that. Got a bunch of green rookies running around, main eventers who have always been around, the miz, and sheamus. Not worth watching without Jericho.

DirtySteal
09-07-2010, 01:02 PM
If Jericho isn't on Raw I'm not watching.

I feel very simular about this.

Since Jericho was moved to RAW he's been mis-used and held back. Him and Edge were the main reasons why I watched Smackdown! and since they moved I dont really care what happens on the Blue Brand (As long as CM Punk is being mis-used too)

I love watching Jericho, he is the best in the biz today and has done it all, as much as I think RAW would suffer without him and as much as I'd hate to see him leave, I think he needs some time off, refresh himself, get back in shape and pursue other goals. He deserves it.

I'd be much happier not seeing him on RAW, Knowing that he's getting well rested for another big return down the line somwhere than watching him job to people in RAW's opening match and used terribly in storylines.

jrdudley
09-07-2010, 01:33 PM
well for jericho to go out and come back again would be pointless and im sure in 3 yrs someone in there early 40's will not be relevant if they start pushing new stars it could just be that they need more ppl on smackdown and there moving him over to smackdown he wants a lighter schedule and i feel on smackdown he would get that
other than that it could just be storyline and mayb if he is leaving save the match for the ppv after and have him feud singally with someone over the title
regardless no one knows
they need jericho,he works well with others and he is all about getting the younger talent over
the match he had with john morrison last night was the best match of the whole night i felt and it was a really good showing

AGEOFFALL
09-07-2010, 06:29 PM
I follow Jericho's career wherever he decides to go. Whether it be WWE, acting, or Fozzy. He has the skills and talent for all three.

Justdawg08
09-07-2010, 07:11 PM
Hmm.. Jericho wanted a reduced work schedule but they didn't want to give it to him and risk spoiling the rest of locker room.

Jericho vs Morrison wasn't the best match on RAW, I think Gabriel vs Cena was.

Jericho should go to TNA, get the respect he deserves, wrestle AJ Styles, and go through a slight career there before perhaps coming back to the WWE and retiring. Or if by that time TNA is the top brand, just stay and retire there like Kurt Angle

AGEOFFALL
09-07-2010, 08:03 PM
Hmm.. Jericho wanted a reduced work schedule but they didn't want to give it to him and risk spoiling the rest of locker room.

Jericho vs Morrison wasn't the best match on RAW, I think Gabriel vs Cena was.

Jericho should go to TNA, get the respect he deserves, wrestle AJ Styles, and go through a slight career there before perhaps coming back to the WWE and retiring. Or if by that time TNA is the top brand, just stay and retire there like Kurt Angle

Chris Jericho won't go to TNA. Not after some of the words him and Bischoff traded.

Firebrand
09-07-2010, 08:09 PM
Jericho is looking for a lighter schedule, something that TNA offers by default. Oddly enough TNA is making cuts to reduce costs.

I wont argue weither its a good move for Jericho to go to TNA, but its definately good for TNA. Its exactly the ratings boost they need to "begin" to compete on WWE's level. Of course, will it happen? And if it does happen, will they use Jericho in a way that will benefit them.

SilverGhost
09-07-2010, 09:02 PM
Jericho in TNA= firings in TNA to keep him but that is a guess.

AGEOFFALL
09-07-2010, 10:59 PM
TNA doesn't deserve Jericho.

jrdudley
09-08-2010, 09:45 AM
this im disagreeing with have him go to tna,...why...the more wwe guys they get the rest of the locker room suffers over there
and john cenas match was boring like usual same 5 moves and someone kicking his ass
i cant watch him he sucks and john cena wouldnt have a job if it wasnt for the pg rating
definetly wasnt the best match
but jericho wouldnt be good in tna as bischoff doesnt see him as a main eventer or never has....even though he says he doesnt have control over what happens thats b.s jericho going to tna would be a bad move he should just take time off for a year and go back to the wwe were he was made

DirtySteal
09-08-2010, 10:12 AM
Jericho is WAY too big for TNA. Like AGEOFFALL said, TNA Doesnt deserve him.

AGEOFFALL
09-08-2010, 12:52 PM
He'll more than likely end up doing tours with Fozzy & acting.

SgtGohan
09-08-2010, 01:41 PM
He'll more than likely end up doing tours with Fozzy & acting.

indeed, he will never ever go to TNA.

TheDevilsAdvocate
09-08-2010, 02:00 PM
indeed, he will never ever go to TNA.

Yup.

Eric Bischoff an a few others in the company said that he wasn't welcomed in TNA an that they were better off without him which led to them excanging words through Twitter with Chris Jericho calling TNA a second-rate failure that has become a storage place for those who failed to hang on to the high-styled life of the WWE among other things. He pretty much owned TNA, and I also believe that Jericho will leave for awhile. He's starting to gain weight, and has the face of an insomniac.

Robstar
09-08-2010, 02:50 PM
Yup.

Eric Bischoff an a few others in the company said that he wasn't welcomed in TNA an that they were better off without him which led to them excanging words through Twitter with Chris Jericho calling TNA a second-rate failure that has become a storage place for those who failed to hang on to the high-styled life of the WWE among other things. He pretty much owned TNA, and I also believe that Jericho will leave for awhile. He's starting to gain weight, and has the face of an insomniac.

He does look tired. Agree he'd never go to TNA - Chris wants the BIG spotlight, not to be a big fish in a small pond. It's getting crowded enough in that pond and you are already starting to see them drop off

Ruggy
09-08-2010, 02:56 PM
It would not suprise me in the slightest if Jericho took another long(ish) period away fom the sport. He has pretty much beaten every name in the sport and has achieved pretty much everything too. He has also made a very good living from doing it. TNA would not be an option. I agree that he might turn his attentions to acting, whether it be bad or good. Good luck to him, but I think he is one who will know when his time has past and will not cling onto past glories.

NightWolf
09-08-2010, 09:29 PM
It would not suprise me in the slightest if Jericho took another long(ish) period away fom the sport. He has pretty much beaten every name in the sport and has achieved pretty much everything too. He has also made a very good living from doing it. TNA would not be an option. I agree that he might turn his attentions to acting, whether it be bad or good. Good luck to him, but I think he is one who will know when his time has past and will not cling onto past glories.

Jericho already acknowledges that he is fixing to (if he has not already) hit the big 40. He will likely focus more on his band after that an yes even acting like you said. I am going to keep a small heap of hope that Chris Jericho will at least WIN his last match before he goes on hiatus. Hell, he might even surprise us an resign that Contract of his at the last minute.

Who knows?..

AGEOFFALL
09-09-2010, 03:42 PM
Jericho already acknowledges that he is fixing to (if he has not already) hit the big 40. He will likely focus more on his band after that an yes even acting like you said. I am going to keep a small heap of hope that Chris Jericho will at least WIN his last match before he goes on hiatus. Hell, he might even surprise us an resign that Contract of his at the last minute.

Who knows?..

He should go out with a bang.

NightWolf
09-09-2010, 08:01 PM
He should go out with a bang.

Knowing the WWE they will end up giving him something very dramatic. It does not matter to me which way he leaves the WWE though, because I will miss him as an in ring performer regardless.

AGEOFFALL
09-10-2010, 03:06 AM
Maybe a short face run.

DirtySteal
09-10-2010, 01:06 PM
Knowing the WWE they will end up giving him something very dramatic. It does not matter to me which way he leaves the WWE though, because I will miss him as an in ring performer regardless.

That, or they will make him job to everyone, embarress his character, make him do somthing stupid like run away crying then let Hornswoggle make him tap out.

AGEOFFALL
09-10-2010, 03:24 PM
That, or they will make him job to everyone, embarress his character, make him do somthing stupid like run away crying then let Hornswoggle make him tap out.

They better not.

SilverGhost
09-10-2010, 09:35 PM

OH GOD NO!

This is Jericho. As much as I hate the heel character, I like the guy. He deserves to go out in a memorable moment of his career.

AGEOFFALL
09-11-2010, 02:38 AM
A face turn before he leaves.

DXsuckit
09-11-2010, 06:27 AM
Yes sadly i think he is is about to retire, i dont want him to he was fun to watch and liosten to. if he does i hope he goes out on a good point not a bad one where he continualy losses. he deserves one last good run if he is gonna retire before he actually does.

SgtGohan
09-11-2010, 07:32 AM

i still rather not see him leave, but if he does i would like him to go out as a face and with a big bang.

SilverGhost
09-11-2010, 11:39 AM

I agree with this.

AGEOFFALL
09-12-2010, 12:24 AM
i still rather not see him leave, but if he does i would like him to go out as a face and with a big bang.

i agree with you that i rather he not leave but it looks like he will.

TheDevilsAdvocate
09-12-2010, 01:19 AM
If my memory serves me right Jericho teased a face turn a couple of times of the last few weeks.

SilverGhost
09-12-2010, 06:48 AM
If my memory serves me right Jericho teased a face turn a couple of times of the last few weeks.

Is Jericho turning face? OH MAH GAWD! He will be entertaining!

Robstar
09-20-2010, 01:04 AM
Alas, it seems we've lost Chris again. My feeling is he'll be back at some stage. I really think WWE could have at least offered him a lot of money to hang around a bit longer and be something akin to what HBK was in later days. Maybe WWE believes their foundations are solid enough - I, however, am suspect on this

Bodom
09-20-2010, 09:07 AM
Jericho isn't gone.

If anything he's taking a month off to tour with Fozzy

eyehatecena
09-20-2010, 11:37 AM
if he did go with TNA, he would make a big splash, then they would mis-use him after a few months- which I would not like to see. WWE should give him a Shawn Michaels/Undertaker deal so he could stick around longer. Overall, he is the best they have- he does not mind putting others over- he still comes off winning when he loses matches(if that makes sence).
I sadi this in another thread, but I will repeat it here- I hope he turns out to be the GM, and behind Nexus- he does have ties to the group, and judging by Barretts mic work, he has learned alot from Jericho. But WWE being WWE they will not go that way.

Robstar
09-20-2010, 06:12 PM
Jericho isn't gone.

If anything he's taking a month off to tour with Fozzy

Yeah he's being very cryptic about it and I think if he was intending to leave he would just say it. Could be a work

B-MCINTYRE
03-19-2013, 09:42 PM
So do you think Chris Jericho is about to retire (once again)? It's obvious Chris wants to explore other areas of entertainment; he's got the skills to be a viable actor, better than The Rock (Yes, even the great one!) I can't imagine he is as serious about Fozzy as he once might have been. They would have broke before now, if it was ever gonna happen.

Here's what I think - Jericho has one last good run in him. If he stays in shape, takes a couple of years off and comes back again down the track - look how successful his first comeback was. If WWE has the brains to keep him on some sort of optional contract they would stand to make a lot of money from Y2J.

I'd hate to lose Jericho but if they send him out on some farcical angle like his "Raw ban", I'll be truly pissed. :confused:
And you say your always right.