PDA

View Full Version : A Little Gem For Your Viewing Pleasure

johnadah
01-01-2011, 11:51 AM
I happened upon these while perusing YouTube just a little while ago. I was so pleased that I thought everyone should have the opportunity to view them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_Ia7FoOYBg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWTfKeHZDtk

Having viewed this, is there any valid reason for WWE not to throw huge piles of cash at Styles when considering the fact that they DID hire Bourne? As good as Bourne is, I'm sure nearly everyone will agree that Styles is better. Wouldn't you like to see matches of this caliber on a regular basis?

RomanFlare
01-01-2011, 01:03 PM
Does Styles even want to go to the WWE? As corny as it sounds, not everyone will follow the money.

And didn't Batista bash Styles for the entire time he was at the WWE? That might prevent Styles from coming to the WWE.

CobraNightviper
01-01-2011, 01:08 PM
That was cool but I never even heard of IWA it must be some small independent federation,does anyone know what year that match took place?and thanks for the video.

justin sane
01-01-2011, 01:08 PM
Vince would change his name too even though he has a huge AJ tat on his torso, just to be a dick

Robstar
01-01-2011, 01:09 PM
I get the idea that AJ either needs a new real life manager/agent or needs to stop negotiating for himself. Come on let's face it, he ain't that bright and I feel that's how and why he stays with TNA and would never be a locker room player and politiker like Botchtista. Someone's leading that boy around by the nose

CobraNightviper
01-01-2011, 01:09 PM
yeah I do rember Batista bashing Styles over a bump.

Bodom
01-01-2011, 01:13 PM
yeah I do rember Batista bashing Styles over a bump.

I remember that. Hilarious.

Robstar
01-01-2011, 01:16 PM
Bitchtista was the biggest whinger ever. Constantly crying over something

Kashdinero
01-01-2011, 01:21 PM
That was cool but I never even heard of IWA it must be some small independent federation,does anyone know what year that match took place?and thanks for the video.

I think it was from around 2004. IWA-MS used to put on a yearly tournament called the Ted Petty Invitational from 2001-2008. there was some Awesome matches on these cards. 2004-2006 were particularly good years.

I remember that. Hilarious.

Joe totally called Big Dave a bitch for those comments!

Bodom
01-01-2011, 01:23 PM
I think it was from around 2004. IWA-MS used to put on a yearly tournament called the Ted Petty Invitational from 2001-2008. there was some Awesome matches on these cards. 2005-2006 were particularly good years.

Loved the TPI.

Quackenbush vs Castagnoli anyone?

wallyman
01-01-2011, 05:37 PM
Does Styles even want to go to the WWE? As corny as it sounds, not everyone will follow the money.

And didn't Batista bash Styles for the entire time he was at the WWE? That might prevent Styles from coming to the WWE.

aj styles is happy with tna...hes one of the few guys who has a 6figure salary in tna...and lets face it...he will b nothing in wwe knowing hes been the face of tna...joe aj styles are the only one with guarateed paid contracts in tna

Kashdinero
01-01-2011, 06:02 PM
Loved the TPI.

Quackenbush vs Castagnoli anyone?

Awesome match... Jaw to the floor business!

Lowki v Richards.... Wow.

Anyone who hasn't seen any of these cards needs to purchase today!

Raiyne
01-01-2011, 06:03 PM
I remember AJ saying one time that when Hogan and Biscoff came in. He didn't like the fact that they took the title off him. And said "Okay, I guess I'm not the star that I thought I was here at TNA. I guess I'm just a TNA guy". http://bleacherreport.com/articles/430411-aj-styles-talks-hardy-rvd-monday-night-wars-and-more

Robstar
01-01-2011, 06:06 PM
I remember AJ saying one time that when Hogan and Biscoff came in. He didn't like the fact that they took the title off him. And said "Okay, I guess I'm not the star that I thought I was here at TNA. I guess I'm just a TNA guy". http://bleacherreport.com/articles/430411-aj-styles-talks-hardy-rvd-monday-night-wars-and-more

So what they do to appease him is stroke his ego by bringing him into Immortal while at the same time sidling up next to him with a knives at the ready to plunge into his back WCW style! Oh yeah, it's what they do. And I've said it everywhere, AJ is about as bright as midnight and would be fooled by a card trick ffs!

Rich Cranium
01-01-2011, 06:19 PM
So what they do to appease him is stroke his ego by bringing him into Immortal while at the same time sidling up next to him with a knives at the ready to plunge into his back WCW style! Oh yeah, it's what they do. And I've said it everywhere, AJ is about as bright as midnight and would be fooled by a card trick ffs!

I wouldn't say AJ isn't bright! I would say maybe timid. I think besides Angle and the MCMG's, he has a buttload of talent. With that said, bringing in AJ to the WWE would be marktacular! I would love to see him face off against Daniel Bryan which would be AWESOME!

Robstar
01-01-2011, 06:28 PM
AJ is a great performer but from hearing his mic work and seeing his dimwitted expression, that's my judgement call. I think he's being politikked into wrestling obscurity or at most as "the greatest wrestler who never made it to the next tier

Rich Cranium
01-01-2011, 06:34 PM
AJ is a great performer but from hearing his mic work and seeing his dimwitted expression, that's my judgement call. I think he's being politikked into wrestling obscurity or at most as "the greatest wrestler who never made it to the next tier

Like I said, perhaps he's shy on the mic, I mean I would have some jitters in front of the sheeple unless they were grazing. Also, Daniel Bryan, Sting, Evan Bourne and so many others aren't that great on the mic but they can wrestle!

xStraightxEdgexSaviorx
01-01-2011, 06:37 PM
Like I said, perhaps he's shy on the mic, I mean I would have some jitters in front of the sheeple unless they were grazing. Also, Daniel Bryan, Sting, Evan Bourne and so many others aren't that great on the mic but they can wrestle!

Sting was pretty solid on the mic and I think Daniel Bryan is too.

Kashdinero
01-01-2011, 06:50 PM
After reading and watching interviews I have to agree with Rob, AJ is a total mark! The excitement that he exudes at being made into a toy or a computer game character is not becoming for a professional. He may not be stupid but he could easily be out positioned by the likes of Hardy, Anderson and the others that came in from The Big E. Great wrestler though!

Bodom
01-01-2011, 07:32 PM
After reading and watching interviews I have to agree with Rob, AJ is a total mark! The excitement that he exudes at being made into a toy or a computer game character is not becoming for a professional. He may not be stupid but he could easily be out positioned by the likes of Hardy, Anderson and the others that came in from The Big E. Great wrestler though!

I would totally mark out if I was in a video game. Just sayin

Kashdinero
01-01-2011, 07:38 PM
I would totally mark out if I was in a video game. Just sayin

Me too! If I was an action figure I'd probably faint.... But I'm not in the position AJ is in. A bit of discretion would do Gainsville's finest wonders.

Bodom
01-01-2011, 07:40 PM
Me too! If I was an action figure I'd probably faint.... But I'm not in the position AJ is in. A bit of discretion would do Gainsville's finest wonders.

Perhaps, but I still wouldn't be able to control it.

Robstar
01-01-2011, 07:55 PM

Sheeple - lol!

Kashdinero
01-01-2011, 07:59 PM
Perhaps, but I still wouldn't be able to control it.

I'd shout it from the rooftops.

Raven once crowed about being an action figure for WWF/E, ECW, WCW and TNA... if that was me, I'd have them signed (by myself), framed and put up on the wall... In every room in the house!

I'd probably also do the whole Bret Hart thing and have life size portraits of myself... In every room in the house!

AJ's still a mark though lol ; )

Kashdinero
01-01-2011, 08:00 PM
Sheeple - lol!

I got a chuckle out of that too...

Rich. I'm stealing it.

johnadah
01-01-2011, 08:40 PM

I've never found Sting to be bad on the mic. He was always comfortable on the mic because he knew fans wanted to hear what he had to say. Danielson is pretty good on the mic, too.

johnadah
01-01-2011, 08:46 PM
I'm glad to see the discussion that this has sparked. The main point of the thread (other than to view the videos) was to discuss what is keeping WWE from pursuing AJ, rather than the other way around. It seems to be that the common view, which I share, is that his particularly weak mic skills are a hindrance. I can definitely see that, although WWE has had some guys that were also terrible on the mic. I'd imagine it still has to boil down to significance for AJ though. Yes, he would probably get lost in the shuffle with WWE. However, he is very marketable and would still most likely earn a six figure salary after t-shirt and toy sales. At least in TNA he knows he gets a championship every now and then, even if it's a championship whose name changes every 3 months.

The Brown One
01-01-2011, 08:58 PM
I'm glad to see the discussion that this has sparked. The main point of the thread (other than to view the videos) was to discuss what is keeping WWE from pursuing AJ, rather than the other way around. It seems to be that the common view, which I share, is that his particularly weak mic skills are a hindrance. I can definitely see that, although WWE has had some guys that were also terrible on the mic. I'd imagine it still has to boil down to significance for AJ though. Yes, he would probably get lost in the shuffle with WWE. However, he is very marketable and would still most likely earn a six figure salary after t-shirt and toy sales. At least in TNA he knows he gets a championship every now and then, even if it's a championship whose name changes every 3 months.

To be fair, TNAs list of world champions is ALOT smaller compared to WWEs. Yes TNA is a young company, but they still have few champions.

johnadah
01-02-2011, 12:09 AM
To be fair, TNAs list of world champions is ALOT smaller compared to WWEs. Yes TNA is a young company, but they still have few champions.

I wasn't referring to the name of the champion. I was referring to the name of the Championship. (Legends Championship, Global Championship, Television Championship).

The Brown One
01-02-2011, 12:43 AM
I wasn't referring to the name of the champion. I was referring to the name of the Championship. (Legends Championship, Global Championship, Television Championship).

Oh sorry. I misread that line.

TJHawkesybaby
01-02-2011, 08:49 AM
Some great discussion here if i wasnt extremely hungover id have a go at replying with my retorts but maybe later!

just a question is that Josh Matthews commentating on the match....????

johnadah
01-02-2011, 09:05 AM
Some great discussion here if i wasnt extremely hungover id have a go at replying with my retorts but maybe later!

As distorted as the audio is, it's a bit difficult to tell who it is.

TJHawkesybaby
01-02-2011, 09:47 AM
As distorted as the audio is, it's a bit difficult to tell who it is.

Its tough to work out what there saying at the best of times but yeah it does sound a it like Matthews i reckon.. anyhooo

Great match some great spots and it covers all the bases of types of wrestling! Weak ending though i thought, id woulda give the styles clash an outing at a show like that, but thats just me :)! Good find thanks dude!

Kashdinero
01-02-2011, 01:59 PM

Josh Mathews has never commentated anywhere but WWE and FCW. One of the commentators was Dave Prazack. Not too sure about the other one.

Also AJ used the Discus Clothesline to defeat a few opponents on the Indy scene. I personally had no problem with it.... He nearly decapitated the future Mr Bourne!