PDA

View Full Version : Bitch about PG here

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

AGEOFFALL
09-06-2010, 10:34 PM
This might just be me but it seems to me that some heels have suffered promo wise ever since wwe went pg, mainly edge. I really can't get behind his promos anymore. His promos are still good but they are not as great as they use to be.

SilverGhost
09-06-2010, 10:53 PM
I see your point. Edge is the type of guy that straight out insults you and such but I barely see that now.

AGEOFFALL
09-06-2010, 11:03 PM
I think most heels are limited to what they can do on the mic.

SilverGhost
09-07-2010, 12:22 AM
Or maybe moms didn't want their kids watching Edge's LIVE SEX CELEBRATION on Raw. >.>

TheDevilsAdvocate
09-07-2010, 12:29 AM
Absolutely.

I have no idea why it's PG to begin with since most of the 'kids' are usually being put in bed by their mommys by the time it even airs. An when I usually look into the audience the older people dwarf the lil' kiddies in attendance. So the pg rating is pointless. If they are serious about having it pg then they should contact Disney channel for a 4:00 o'clock timeslot.

Beavis: "Yeheheheh YEAH! Freakin' babies. Mmm heh heh. Kick 'em Kick 'em. Maybe when they get on DC they could have a special raw episode featuring John Cena vs Miley Cyrus!"

Butthead: "Yeah totally.. That would be about awesome since that time Test called us his testicles."

Beavis: "He's my idol. We share the same likeness of testicles. Eh heheheh." *Twitches*

TheDevilsAdvocate
09-07-2010, 12:32 AM
Or maybe moms didn't want their kids watching Edge's LIVE SEX CELEBRATION on Raw. >.>

XD

My lil' cousin and I watched that. He saw his first massive boob that night.

...He was never the same.

SilverGhost
09-07-2010, 12:34 AM
Absolutely.

I have no idea why it's PG to begin with since most of the 'kids' are usually being put in bed by their mommys by the time it even airs. An when I usually look into the audience the older people dwarf the lil' kiddies in attendance. So the pg rating is pointless. If they are serious about having it pg then they should contact Disney channel for a 4:00 o'clock timeslot.

Beavis: "Yeheheheh YEAH! Freakin' babies. Mmm heh heh. Kick 'em Kick 'em. Maybe when they get on DC they could have a special raw episode featuring John Cena vs Miley Cyrus!"

Butthead: "Yeah totally.. That would be about awesome since that time Test called us his testicles."

Beavis: "He's my idol. We share the same likeness of testicles. Eh heheheh." *Twitches*

WWE -facepalm-

Belzova
09-07-2010, 12:39 AM
You guys are funny. (: I have no problem with pg though.

They made a sex joke on raw lastnight when edge said he loved his mom an zack said he did too. xD

SilverGhost
09-07-2010, 12:41 AM
XD

My lil' cousin and I watched that. He saw his first massive boob that night.

...He was never the same.

My sympathies.

SilverGhost
09-07-2010, 12:43 AM
you guys are funny. (: I have no problem with pg though.

They made a sex joke on raw lastnight when edge said he loved his mom an zack said he did too. Xd

wtf? Wwe why even try now!?!?!?!

ren
09-07-2010, 02:25 AM
PG rating is hurting everything...

AGEOFFALL
09-07-2010, 02:30 AM
Edge is getting hurt the most by the Pg. Rated PG Superstar.

KellyKellysOtherHalf
09-07-2010, 04:35 AM
You guys are funny. (: I have no problem with pg though.

They made a sex joke on raw lastnight when edge said he loved his mom an zack said he did too. xD

I believe it was Ted Dibiase who said he loved his mum on the phone, must have missed Edge and Zack saying it too.

Robstar
09-07-2010, 05:01 AM
There's no escaping it now though. It's much, much harder to go back than forward. Unless WWE would somehow conceive some sort of "Late Night WWE Extreme" where they could cater to the more particular fan - but you know it will never happen, not with Linda on the political wagon.

Gotta protect the present interest, dontcha know?

I reckon Vince fancies he could be the first "First Husband" or whatever the hell they'll call it. Because even he is smart enough to know he'd never get the job. ;)

nrb6304
09-07-2010, 05:35 AM
I'm not trying to be insulting, or degrading or w.e. BUT Have any of you guys ever run a buisness? Like a legit buisness? Cause if you did, you would know that having WWE in PG is better for WWE. Think about it, in 1998 at a WWE show you would see a bunch of dudes and ugly chicks in the crowd all between the ages of 16-35. Well guess what in 1998 I was 8 and was COMPLETLY banned from watching WWF cause it was too risque. And guess what? I'm not the only one because just about everybody my age had to sneak in wrestling. Well if I'm not able to WATCH WWF on TV, do you think I was allowed to GO to WWF RAW or WCW Nitro when it came through town? HELL NO!

My point being is that as a buisness with a PG product, instead of 1 18 year old male buying a ticket and a drink, Vince now has 1 FAMILY OF 4 buying 4 tickets, 4 drinks, and 2 shirts.

Hmmmmm more profit? YUP!

So yeah is the OLDER wrestling fan suffering? Shit yeah, I'm pretty bored with the PG rating too, but still, as a buisness PG is saving WWE. And this isn't the first time WWE/WWF has gone from TV-14 to TV-PG. 1985.....Hulk Hogan.....KINDA issued in a PG era. And over time when society changed and WCW started beating Vince's ass WWE became TV-MA.

Robstar
09-07-2010, 06:25 AM
I'm not trying to be insulting, or degrading or w.e. BUT Have any of you guys ever run a buisness? Like a legit buisness? Cause if you did, you would know that having WWE in PG is better for WWE. Think about it, in 1998 at a WWE show you would see a bunch of dudes and ugly chicks in the crowd all between the ages of 16-35. Well guess what in 1998 I was 8 and was COMPLETLY banned from watching WWF cause it was too risque. And guess what? I'm not the only one because just about everybody my age had to sneak in wrestling. Well if I'm not able to WATCH WWF on TV, do you think I was allowed to GO to WWF RAW or WCW Nitro when it came through town? HELL NO!

My point being is that as a buisness with a PG product, instead of 1 18 year old male buying a ticket and a drink, Vince now has 1 FAMILY OF 4 buying 4 tickets, 4 drinks, and 2 shirts.

Hmmmmm more profit? YUP!

So yeah is the OLDER wrestling fan suffering? Shit yeah, I'm pretty bored with the PG rating too, but still, as a buisness PG is saving WWE. And this isn't the first time WWE/WWF has gone from TV-14 to TV-PG. 1985.....Hulk Hogan.....KINDA issued in a PG era. And over time when society changed and WCW started beating Vince's ass WWE became TV-MA.

Oh dude...you are TOTALLY missing it. How long will the 'family value deal' last? When they have to compete with moster truck rally's. rodeo's and other extreme spectator sports?
I'm just offering up my opinion, that's all. ALL IMO.

SportsFanBran321
09-07-2010, 10:55 AM
I hate pg is has ruined everything and i do mean everything. No blood no bad languageit's bad. It's because of them kids and the the writers suck, that's exactly why we dont have storylines like the attitude era. The attitude era was the best thing that ever happened to the WWF/WWE. Now Vince has ruined the WWE im not a really big wrestling fan anymore even though i still watch it. Long live the Attitude Era.

SilverGhost
09-07-2010, 11:21 AM
Edge is getting hurt the most by the Pg. Rated PG Superstar.

Edge lost it. He can't do anything like what he did in the past. Nothing at least rated pg-13...

el gabo
09-07-2010, 12:07 PM
it those limit thee wrestlers to what they can say, but, CM Punk is an example of a great heel that cuts awesome promos that have nothing to do with the PG rating. I think its just a lost art in general. If you watch TNA you won't find a good heel (or face) promo either.

Tim
09-07-2010, 12:28 PM
If a heel can't cut a good promo without going R-rated, he's not a very good heel. If a wrestling program can't be entertaining without crude humor, blood, etc, then it's not a good wrestling program. TNA can get away with those things because they're a tiny promotion airing on a cable channel catering entirely to red-state young men. They don't really have anything to lose, since they don't have much to start with. As long as TNA keeps their current course though, that's all their major audience will be, and as someone said, they will be fighting for viewers with monster truck rallies, and stuff like that.

As nrb6304 said, going PG is a business decision, and a sound one at that. Do you think Attitude Era style stuff would fly today on USA and SyFy? Do you think major toy companies would want to license kids toys for an R-rated promotion, and mainstream retailers want to carry them? Do you think grown-ups are going to buy enough action figures, fake wrestling belts, t-shirts, etc, to make up for what they'd lose not being able to sell these to kids online, at toy stores, and at the shows? I quick check of the ToysRUs website shows 12 pages of WWE stuff. Apparently, there is no TNA stuff.

TheStranger222
09-07-2010, 12:48 PM
I think the funny thing is, PG isn't that bad at all. But I see the fact that it airs at 9pm (6pm for those with HD I believe). But in all honestly going just a bump up would be PG-13 and I don't even think that would hurt then at all.

Besides most of the time kids around 13 are walking around cussing behind mom and dads back like a lil' pack of sailors with their candy cigarettes and bubble gum cigars, redbulls and whatever else they can easily get.

More or less I'm kidding about the candy stuff. Do they even sell that crap anymore? Offtopic, sorry. Ignore that. lol

xAzureSkye
09-07-2010, 02:24 PM
strangely, WWE seem to be edging towards TV-14, b'cos they had Zac making the sex joke & at a Smackdown house show last week the Divas competed in a Wet & Wild Bikini Water Fight (which was so hot i almost jizzed over the whole crowd)

NightWolf
09-07-2010, 05:33 PM
strangely, WWE seem to be edging towards TV-14, b'cos they had Zac making the sex joke & at a Smackdown house show last week the Divas competed in a Wet & Wild Bikini Water Fight (which was so hot i almost jizzed over the whole crowd)

That sex joke blew my mind. I can honestly say it got a laugh out of me. I hope they keep pushing it on future episodes.

Tha Crows Nest
09-07-2010, 06:00 PM
PG Rating has pushed the older casual fans to the UFC and as the kids get older the same thing is gonna happen.

AGEOFFALL
09-07-2010, 06:10 PM
PG is good for business but not for the heels.

SilverGhost
09-07-2010, 09:16 PM
PG is good for business but not for the heels.

In which the wrestlers turn to actors to be great heels in the PG era.

eyehatecena
09-07-2010, 10:22 PM
As soon as Lindas election is over, hopefully they will move from the PG stuff. The PG stuff could actuall work if WWE had much better writers.
Edge is much better as a heel with his...uh edgier routine though. CM and Jericho are over as heels no matter what rating

SilverGhost
09-07-2010, 10:27 PM
As soon as Lindas election is over, hopefully they will move from the PG stuff. The PG stuff could actuall work if WWE had much better writers.
Edge is much better as a heel with his...uh edgier routine though. CM and Jericho are over as heels no matter what rating

In my opinion....I don't think it will stop because of Linda's campaign run....but hey its anyones guess.

AGEOFFALL
09-07-2010, 10:52 PM

Wouldn't it continue until Linda serves all her terms.

SnaggleTooth
09-08-2010, 11:24 AM
Wouldn't it continue until Linda serves all her terms.

In that case I hope Linda loses.

AGEOFFALL
09-08-2010, 12:56 PM
In that case I hope Linda loses.

Right now it looks like she is winning, which is really is a surprise cause now one could have guessed she would make it that far.

Guybrush_Threepwood
09-08-2010, 01:09 PM
Without doubt its hurting heels and face's . John cena would be more likeable if he could cut promo's like when he was a heel rapper. CM punk and wade barrett's promo's would be amazing but the miz's promo's IMO would be like the rock if he could let loose.

But The WWE doesn't need to be TV14 to produce a good show , wasn't WCW PG when all the NWO stuff was going on during 1996-1998 ? i know WCW was TV14 by 2000 though .

Its the writer's or vince resting on his laurel's or stephanie ,its seems the WWE doesn't try to me . Raw for an episodic TV show doesn't have much continuity, the nexus brought some of the flair back and showed what the WWE can do when they try . But to me the nexus angle is already ruined, if the WWE had good writer's or creative and used nexus right WWE would be getting 4 to 5 million viewers a week. Look at what the WWE did with nexus putting bret hart in the limo and crashing it into cars that is not very PG and btw the daniel byran tie firing was a work by the WWE so they could keep it quiet about him returning at summerslam.

The elephant in the room for me is stephanie mcmahon head of creative , Since she has been in control of creative since i think 2006 how many good storylines have we had? Two IMO the randy orton - HHH feud and the nexus angle. For all we know the writer's might be coming up with great storyline's but they don't get past steph becuase she is really PG in her thinking. btw i don't know if steph is more conservative and likes PG ,but you would think so by now after looking at the storyline's of the last 4 years.

Belzova
09-08-2010, 01:14 PM
Right now it looks like she is winning, which is really is a surprise cause now one could have guessed she would make it that far.

I really doubt they are doing that stuff because of Linda.
But has anyone other than NightWolf an AzureSkye noticed that they ARE in fact pushing the Pg rating to its limits?
So I have no complaints. They have found tons of ways to get their point across without using swear words.

TheDevilsAdvocate
09-08-2010, 01:31 PM
Without doubt its hurting heels and face's . John cena would be more likeable if he could cut promo's like when he was a heel rapper. CM punk and wade barrett's promo's would be amazing but the miz's promo's IMO would be like the rock if he could let loose.

But The WWE doesn't need to be TV14 to produce a good show , wasn't WCW PG when all the NWO stuff was going on during 1996-1998 ? i know WCW was TV14 by 2000 though .

Its the writer's or vince resting on his laurel's or stephanie ,its seems the WWE doesn't try to me . Raw for an episodic TV show doesn't have much continuity, the nexus brought some of the flair back and showed what the WWE can do when they try . But to me the nexus angle is already ruined, if the WWE had good writer's or creative and used nexus right WWE would be getting 4 to 5 million viewers a week. Look at what the WWE did with nexus putting bret hart in the limo and crashing it into cars that is not very PG and btw the daniel byran tie firing was a work by the WWE so they could keep it quiet about him returning at summerslam.

The elephant in the room for me is stephanie mcmahon head of creative , Since she has been in control of creative since i think 2006 how many good storylines have we had? Two IMO the randy orton - HHH feud and the nexus angle. For all we know the writer's might be coming up with great storyline's but they don't get past steph becuase she is really PG in her thinking. btw i don't know if steph is more conservative and likes PG ,but you would think so by now after looking at the storyline's of the last 4 years.

All of the points you made were great, and I agree 99%. An I say that because IMO the Nexus storyline was very lazy an rushed. There was no true build up. It was just random beat downs, and then the Nexus began to slowly fall apart. The only members of that group that continue to impress me is Michael Tarver, Wade Barret, Justin Gabriel, and YES even Darren Young. Those select few have a future ahead of them. However, Heath Slater has started to grow on me, but I can see him getting lost in the shuffle along with Skip, and Otunga.

As for Steph she actually likes an supports the PG rating. She, and her father have said numerous times that it was all about making the right business move, and that they wanted FAMILIES to be involved with the product vs. having a ton of adults. The only thing that I can name that bothers me more than that PG rating would be how they use the talent they currently have. Edge, Christian, Randy, and CM Punk are being hurt by the pg rating. That much I can agree on. (Look up E&C segs, and Cm Punks early promos, an especially my fav where Punk is doing his invisible mic one along with some Randy ones from early Evolution all the way until the demise of Rated RKO.)

The dumbest storyline currently in the pg era is in fact the anonymous GM one. Who the f**k is it? I hate having to hear Michael say "Excuse me ladies an gentlemen!" an that freakin' *ding dong* noise along with the flickering lights. Just show him already. Because, if it isn't The Rock or Stone Cold or HHH or Booker T making his return to the WWE then IDFC. I already know I will be dissapointed though.

SnaggleTooth
09-09-2010, 04:01 AM

It's not that I don't like Linda, but if they're watering down an already watered-down product to help get her butt into a Congressional seat, it probably explains why WWE shows aren't on my weekly must-watch list anymore. My last attempt at following a WWE storyline was the SES but now if I miss SD and the latest chapter of Punk & Co.,... meh, I'll read the results on the Internet later.

SilverGhost
09-09-2010, 01:03 PM
I really doubt they are doing that stuff because of Linda.
But has anyone other than NightWolf an AzureSkye noticed that they ARE in fact pushing the Pg rating to its limits?
So I have no complaints. They have found tons of ways to get their point across without using swear words.

I know WWE is trying hard enough to make this PG era great. But this "best" isn't so good. Was it a great business move? Yes. Was it good for the wrestlers? Probably no. The kids are the target for WWE. Kids=money for WWE. And since WWE is family friendly, the parents will buy the WWE stuff because its not violent, its not graphic, and its not controversial.

For the people who knows wrestling well, we know that WWE "wrestling" is limited to keep the PG rating. Since PG has been around, we have seen crappy storylines. This made WRESTLING, not sports entertainment, dull. You can say that with the PG stuff, WWE is now the equivalent of a soap opera on TV.

Also because of the PG era, Linda McMahon can be traced back to the WWE with no bad marks whatsoever. When WWE has an issue with its wrestlers and such, they try to close the lid quickly. Remember Linda doesn't want to be tainted with the bad marks of WWE, only with family friendly programming. Lance Cade's death for example: WWE give him time in the website but had to quickly take it off. Wrestlers death's have been increasing since I can remember. More notable one was Chris Benoit. I doubt Linda wants to be labeled as a murderer and such. WWE can give rough schedules. It doesn't take a genius to know that much. But when it comes to wrestler's deaths, WWE basically erase their ties.

Basically what I am trying to say is that the WWE PG programming is beneficial for business, executives, kids and parents, but it goes against the wrestling fans that long for another Attitude Era. I am not saying anything wrong with WWE's business decisions, but if they wanted to change its programming they should at least have had GREAT ideas to back it up.

All of this....is just my thoughts on WWEPG.

AGEOFFALL
09-09-2010, 03:55 PM
Here's another thought. Since wwe is pg is it possible that the reason so many of wwe's storylines suck is because they are they are trying to keep them simple enough for the little kids to understand what's going on.

SilverGhost
09-09-2010, 04:02 PM
Here's another thought. Since wwe is pg is it possible that the reason so many of wwe's storylines suck is because they are they are trying to keep them simple enough for the little kids to understand what's going on.

What is there to understand for them? 8~12 don't understand segments and such. Only when the wrestlers say "I am going to beat you" then kids go crazy. My little brother,11, doesn't stick around for segments or promos only when said reason happens, he goes ballistic.

djsoulslayer
09-10-2010, 01:15 AM
I wouldn't say it hurts them but it definitely challenges them. Despite the WWE being PG, we have seen some heel superstars's promos shine such as miz and kane. U just gotta know what u wanna say without saying it how u would really like to say it. (if that makes sense)

AGEOFFALL
09-10-2010, 03:18 AM
What is there to understand for them? 8~12 don't understand segments and such. Only when the wrestlers say "I am going to beat you" then kids go crazy. My little brother,11, doesn't stick around for segments or promos only when said reason happens, he goes ballistic.

Well i guess it's just s#!tty booking then.

TheDevilsAdvocate
09-10-2010, 03:51 AM
I wouldn't say it hurts them but it definitely challenges them. Despite the WWE being PG, we have seen some heel superstars's promos shine such as miz and kane. U just gotta know what u wanna say without saying it how u would really like to say it. (if that makes sense)

Well said.

Miz and Kane have impressed me a lot as of late. The Miz' promos make me excited an on the edge of my chair when watching, and Kanes promos suck me in an when that happens I linger on just about every word he says. Imagine if Kane feuded with Miz. That would be like progasm city.

AGEOFFALL
09-11-2010, 02:39 AM
Miz has just gotten so much better since losing to cena last year.

SilverGhost
09-11-2010, 11:33 AM
Miz has just gotten so much better since losing to cena last year.

Grudge! I think Miz now can stand up to Cena but then again Cenas predictability would crush Miz. -.-

AGEOFFALL
09-11-2010, 06:08 PM
Grudge! I think Miz now can stand up to Cena but then again Cenas predictability would crush Miz. -.-

SuperCena!

SilverGhost
09-12-2010, 07:14 AM
SuperCena!

SuperCena VS Hulk VS Superman

SgtGohan
09-12-2010, 07:50 AM

the world would explode

AGEOFFALL
09-12-2010, 07:43 PM

Batman FTW.

crazyj11
09-13-2010, 01:30 AM
I wouldn't say mainly Edge. I'd say Chris Jericho has suffered the most because it hasn't just ruined his previous heel promos but also his face promos.

AGEOFFALL
09-13-2010, 03:25 AM
I wouldn't say mainly Edge. I'd say Chris Jericho has suffered the most because it hasn't just ruined his previous heel promos but also his face promos.

but yet he's still good.

SilverGhost
09-14-2010, 12:55 PM

Jericho: All of you hypocrites are (insert tough word here) gelatinous (insert tough word here) parasites and sheep.

AGEOFFALL
09-14-2010, 10:21 PM
Jericho: All of you hypocrites are (insert tough word here) gelatinous (insert tough word here) parasites and sheep.

He hardly does that anymore as much as he used to.

TheDevilsAdvocate
09-15-2010, 06:12 AM

He was so right though. When he was a face everybody was crazy an then one night he turned on somebody who was already on their last leg anyways an everybody booed him. Except me an maybe a few others of course. I still cheered for him. I always find myself cheering for the heels oddly. WWE always makes the faces come off annoying. Their old faces used to have a heel-feel to them that always gave them their edge.

DKO Killa
09-25-2010, 11:59 AM
I believe the rivalry between Undertaker & Kane is going good, but I believe the Hell In A Cell match isn't going to be good because of the TVPG rating. Give me your thoughts on do you believe the rivary is going good and your opinions on the PG rating going into Hell In A Cell PPV.

merhardt03
09-25-2010, 01:20 PM
Stop missing the attitude era. that was then this is now. U and many others complain. If u dont like it than u can switch the channel. Taker and Kane will do just fine without u.

nrb6304
09-25-2010, 01:39 PM
I believe the rivalry between Undertaker & Kane is going good, but I believe the Hell In A Cell match isn't going to be good because of the TVPG rating. Give me your thoughts on do you believe the rivary is going good and your opinions on the PG rating going into Hell In A Cell PPV.

Kane and Undertaker's actuall match at HIAC is going to be great. No there isn't going to be any blood. Yes that's going to take a vital part of their story telling out of the match, but guess what? IT WILL BE OK!!

IPEEINTHESHOWER
09-25-2010, 02:24 PM
AMEN!!!!!! WOW, i cant believe it. I am so proud of nrb6304/merhardt03 and their comments. CLAP CLAP CLAP. You guys deserve a golden star.

merhardt03
09-25-2010, 03:11 PM
IPEEINTHESHOWER is an excellent commentator with infinite wisdom such as myself. The truth will be heard. Stop whining bout PG. U select individuals sound like Matt Hardy

Tim
09-25-2010, 03:40 PM
The Attitude Era made sense it it's time, especially when WWE was fighting with WCW. These days, PG makes more sense. TNA can get away with not being PG because their only tv shows are on SpikeTV, which is little watched, and already has a reputation for violence and raunch. TNA doesn't have the big merchandising deals, advertising, and so forth that WWE has. While the WWE going back to being R-rated would undoubtedly please some of the more vocal fans, it would likely cost them some of their younger fans, or those not interested in a more violent, raunchier product. They would start losing a lot of their merchandising deals, and parents wouldn't be as likely to take their kids to PPVs, house shows, etc, where most of WWE's money is made, both from tickets and from kids buying a lot of merchandise.

The time of WWE being R is past. If it goes back to it, it will because they're in a desperate situation and have nothing to lose.

jcagosto
09-25-2010, 05:00 PM
Undertaker vs. Kane matches never were THAT violent anyways.

AndyWonder
09-25-2010, 07:35 PM
It's going fine the way it is. They don't have to use blood during the hell in a cell match, if that's what is implied by "non attitude era" match. Just simply throwing each other onto the cage structure is all they really need to do.

TheDevilsAdvocate
09-25-2010, 07:41 PM
Since when does blood really matter? It's not even real blood anyways. Besides The Undertaker usually always has a nosebleed in violent matches so pay attention an you might just see your blood. The only vital part of this match is the slamming of bodies, and the story at hand. BLOOD has absolutely nothing to do with their storyline. Have you seen Kane or 'Taker come out an say, "I am going to rub blood on your face!" ?? No.. So this match isn't doomed in the slightest. It will be successful without a doubt (from me of course).

If you were a hardcore fan then you would realize that the storylines are all about detail, and passion. Not some old guys getting busted open. The WWE has the capability to give us a pg era that can mirror the likes of an attitude era lover, but then they would just be like all of the other companies who are biting off of their past. If you have a problem with the way WWE does things then just watch TNA. They have a lot of former top WWE stars on there. It'll be just like you're watching WWE with a tv-14 rating. But just learn to enjoy the storylines for what they are.. blood, like I said above, shouldn't matter.

ajmisback
09-25-2010, 08:06 PM
PG will not affect the undertaker and kane rivalry or any others rivalry. I'm not a fan of the PG but i guess they gotta do what they need to, to get their ratings up and make lots of money :) Otherwise id say if you wanted PG then go watch sesame street :)

TheDevilsAdvocate
09-25-2010, 08:10 PM
PG will not affect the undertaker and kane rivalry or any others rivalry. I'm not a fan of the PG but i guess they gotta do what they need to, to get their ratings up and make lots of money :) Otherwise id say if you wanted PG then go watch sesame street :)

Since when do you need parental guidance to watch Sesame Street? xD

Anyway, the pg rating is not that bad. If you really grasp what the superstars are saying then you would catch some of their naughty messages. Back when Triple H started feuding with CM Punk he told him that he has foreign chemicals in his hair. *cough* sperm *cough* The only people who wouldn't get that stuff are the kids.

Necroyeti
09-25-2010, 09:02 PM
Since when does blood really matter? It's not even real blood anyways.

"I am going to rub blood on your face!"
http://img684.imageshack.us/img684/8867/cenalols.gif
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blading_%28professional_wrestling%29

djsoulslayer
09-25-2010, 10:09 PM
Kane and Taker are both veterans in the WWE and they got they way because of their ability to adapt. I don't think their match at HIAC will be any different. They will adapt and put on a great show for us. But, IMO, it is kinda silly to have a PPV called Hell in a Cell during ur PG era.

SilverGhost
09-25-2010, 11:38 PM
http://img684.imageshack.us/img684/8867/cenalols.gif
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/blading_%28professional_wrestling%29

omg yay omg wtf!

nrb6304
09-26-2010, 09:42 AM
Since when does blood really matter? It's not even real blood anyways. Besides The Undertaker usually always has a nosebleed in violent matches so pay attention an you might just see your blood. The only vital part of this match is the slamming of bodies, and the story at hand. BLOOD has absolutely nothing to do with their storyline. Have you seen Kane or 'Taker come out an say, "I am going to rub blood on your face!" ?? No.. So this match isn't doomed in the slightest. It will be successful without a doubt (from me of course).

If you were a hardcore fan then you would realize that the storylines are all about detail, and passion. Not some old guys getting busted open. The WWE has the capability to give us a pg era that can mirror the likes of an attitude era lover, but then they would just be like all of the other companies who are biting off of their past. If you have a problem with the way WWE does things then just watch TNA. They have a lot of former top WWE stars on there. It'll be just like you're watching WWE with a tv-14 rating. But just learn to enjoy the storylines for what they are.. blood, like I said above, shouldn't matter.

Nah I'm gonna disagree here.
1.) Yeah it IS real blood I've worked too many indy shows to know it's real blood
2.) In a match called "the devil's lair" or "Satan's Structure" blood is completly acceptable because they're building the match up to be this BRUTAL monster that can rip flesh from you, there for blood would make total sense in this type of match.

Not every match NEEDS blood. I think that only certain matches could use some blood. HIAC, Elimination Chamber, Cage.....because they're building around the fact that the steel cage is a monster.

EXAMPLE: Sheamus vs. John Cena at MITB. Didn't need blood because the cage wasn't a punishment, it wasn't supposed to be a MONSTER. The cage was supposed to keep everbody else from getting in the way of the match. So there was no blood, and I was ok with that.

You see what I mean?

Rangers_Chosen_Hun
09-26-2010, 11:38 AM
i dont think it will affect the rivalry but i get peoples point why it might affect it since you wont get to see the holy shit type moments we have in past hell in a cell matches undertaker has been in and there wont be the blood thing unless its a bleed which happens by mistake the rivalry will be fine and i hope taker wins

macstar77
09-26-2010, 01:23 PM
I totally agree, this rivalry would be much better outside PG, would be amazing to see the same thing that happened to the Big Boss Man - being hung from the cage - happen to either one in this fued!!

DirtySteal
09-26-2010, 04:17 PM
Can Hell in the Cell matches can be good in PG. Yes, yes they can.

Can they be great and look like they should? No.

Hell in a Cell should be the most feared structure in sports entertainment. Period. All the biggest rivalrys are settled in the steel hell and thats why I dislike this Gimmick PPV phase. It has started to weaken these big matches and weaken storylines (You cannot deny how WWE focus around PPV gimmicks and rivalrys, not so much)

Now WWE is PG, we can't have blood in the cells and that takes away the brutalness, we wont see anyone falling off the cell, we wont see the carnage we used to see, we wont see what a Hell in a Cell is supposed to be!

There are hardly any difference between a HITC and a Cage Match nowadays. Both dont have blood, the cage is hardly used as major weapon in both, I actually find cage matches more exciting cause there are different ways to win and tend to be more exciting than HIAC's since the PG era. You cant even repeatedly throw your opponent into the cage back and fore from rope to rope or have some great spots where a superstar springs up the cage and dives off.

How can this Cell be made to look like actual Hell its self if there is no blood, gore, intensity and general chaos we are used to seeing inside the Cell. Its basically a restricted cage match with a celing. Now HIAC's are normal matches in a box that the comentaters hype up WAY too much. I'm not looking forward to striker going on and on, telling us how peoples lives will be changed and souls will be stolen inside the cell and all that junk.

PG-TV and Gimmick PPV's have ruined Hell In A Cells. We'll see a good match between Taker and Kane, dont get me wrong, but we wont see the full extent of this rival with the blood and chaos the old Hell in a Cells had to offer.

This is not a bitch and rant about how The Attitude era used to be better, but its a fact that the Cell was made for that era, designed for blood, gore and destruction and just does not work outside of that era.

SilverGhost
09-26-2010, 04:26 PM
Since when do you need parental guidance to watch Sesame Street? xD

Since Katy Perry showed up.

I believe the HIAC match will be good. I know I won't see blood and all but the match is still good to see.

All of the guys who say it won't be good give the match a chance. If its bad then we will know.

Enlgish_TNA4LYF_FAN
09-27-2010, 03:18 PM
this rivalry is friggin teriffic i love it
oaul bearers return will make it even more amazin, from kanes promos to undertakers decline in superiority its amazin
however, HIAC maches are absolutely crap and u guys who are defendin pg i dunno wats goin thru ya minds

this is wrasslin not fucking power rangers or a cartoon
it should be violent 2 a limit
if u wanna watch violence watch czw but pro wrestling NEEDS 2 have a level of violence in it!

TheKaosKing
09-27-2010, 04:33 PM
this rivalry is friggin teriffic i love it
oaul bearers return will make it even more amazin, from kanes promos to undertakers decline in superiority its amazin
however, HIAC maches are absolutely crap and u guys who are defendin pg i dunno wats goin thru ya minds

this is wrasslin not fucking power rangers or a cartoon
it should be violent 2 a limit
if u wanna watch violence watch czw but pro wrestling NEEDS 2 have a level of violence in it!

Lol u got a point. But the Power Rangers will live longer.

the-rocks-stunner
09-28-2010, 08:05 PM
???????????

Necroyeti
09-28-2010, 08:08 PM
WWE used to be TV-14, but never R. Thank god it wasn't, probably would have ended up like that CZW garbage.

the-rocks-stunner
09-28-2010, 08:13 PM
was trish stratus stripping tv-14 lol

SilverGhost
09-28-2010, 09:32 PM
There are somethings that WWE can get away with TV-14. Trish may have stripped but that was down to her bra and panties. Nothing else. WWE can't be explict now since it is TV-PG.

Freder
09-28-2010, 10:27 PM
I'm going to try and get into the mind of Vince McMahon. It may be a dirty and dangerous place so someone hold the other end of this rope to pull me back. This is what I think VKM is thinking.

A few years ago before PG, wrestling had still slipped. Fans moved to MMA or other things, mostly the large group of fans from Hulkamania era had grown up. Nearly all fans start watching wrestling as kids, some outgrow it, some are fans for life. I'd be willing to bet that more than 90% of the people who post here began watching between 1984 and 1999 a 15 year span. (Myself I began watching in 1973.) This was like a baby boom and as the fans began to leave, to numbers that would still be quite good, Vince became concerned.

He tried making new stars out of guys who were good but not just great. Why? At first probably to keep things fresh. It didn't work. Then he realized the age of his wrestlers. Some people knock TNA for their old guys, but the WWE is loaded with people who are up there in age. Batista and HBK retired, guys like HHH, Undertaker, Jericho and a few others are getting close to that too. Even guys like Edge and Christian probably will drop down in status within 2 years. He needed new guys and began pushing Miz, Sheamus, Swagger etc. This I think is the reason for NXT and the Nexus (who I expect to disband Sunday, Cena will win.) Get new fresh guys in there so that when the older guys retire or lose it, they can be replaced.

So he decided to go PG, not for Linda's campaign, or merchandising (although both are probably a factor) but to get the young kids as new fans. "If you get them as kids, you have them for life" are probably words that inspire Vince. (The quote is from Adolph Hitler, any other comparisons between the two are probably left out of this post.)

I see PG slowly fading. As this new generation of fans (he seems to be targeting the 8-12 age range) grows up (give it 3 years) they will grow bored of things as they are now. Vince is smart enough that he will turn it back to TV-14 then to keep them interested. I don't think it will ever turn back to the Attitude Era. Vince didn't like that, he just saw WCW and ECW doing things that were new and getting them over and decided to steal and improve on what they began. But I honestly think it made him uncomfortable and he prefers things in the PG-13 realm.

Oh, and I am sure Vince (or someone he employs) reads a lot of the wrestling sites and blogs (possibly this one, but who knows for sure which). He isn't above stealing great ideas so keep posting ways to improve things, if he sees one he likes, he'll take it and not give you credit but at least it will improve things. The vast majority of those type of posts though, really don't fit in with what he has in mind. He does plant stories on the wrestling news sites though. I imagine at least 20% of the WWE related stories you read here and elsewhere were concocted by Vince and his guys. (Bryan Danielson, Aloisia, and Jericho are great recent examples).

Quick pull the rope get me out!! Phew! So, what do you think?

the-rocks-stunner
09-28-2010, 10:41 PM
There are somethings that WWE can get away with TV-14. Trish may have stripped but that was down to her bra and panties. Nothing else. WWE can't be explict now since it is TV-PG.

ino they cant point of this thread i cant wait untill it goes back to TV-14 or Rated-R

the-rocks-stunner
09-28-2010, 10:52 PM
great post i started watching in 1994 early attitude era, vince mcmahon is all about entertaining (aka) bringing fans in so i agree pg for now couple of years or sooner bring back TV-14 or possibly Rated-R (Which i very much doubt :( ) p.s Great topic

SilverGhost
09-28-2010, 11:03 PM
I started at 1998 I believe. There has been changes. PG era isn't one of those AWESOME or OUTSTANDING change but it was effective for sales.
Kids and parents love Cena since he is WWE's Superman. Everyone loves a superhero. But even a superhero must turn to the bad side. That may happen to Cena soon.

Nexus was a great for PG. They are the tiny part left of TV-14. I hope this stable doesn't die but I know it will.

the-rocks-stunner Rated R wrestling would be very bad. FCC wouldn't allow it.

the-rocks-stunner
09-28-2010, 11:04 PM
ino i can dream cant i lol rated x divas would be good ;)

SilverGhost
09-28-2010, 11:05 PM
ino they cant point of this thread i cant wait untill it goes back to TV-14 or Rated-R

TV-14 yeah but R you are asking too much. If you want to see R wrestling, check out the past ECW.

FCC wouldn't allow alot of explict content. Some but not all.

wallyman
09-28-2010, 11:06 PM
i think wrestling can b somewhat pg but sometimes the emotion of a promo or a delivery needs not to b pg so people can feel it...some of the best promos ever involve a shoot tyep of promo meaning not scripted but what the wrestler is saying...and i think thats killin wwe slowly really slowly

SilverGhost
09-28-2010, 11:07 PM
I know xD

Just it won't work in reality xD

merhardt03
09-28-2010, 11:21 PM
Once upon a time Raw was rated Tv MA. When it was RAW is WAR. Once todays generations of fans ie. The children grow up then most likely so will the product. Its basically recycling lol.

the-rocks-stunner
09-28-2010, 11:24 PM
someone needs to bring fcc down.............this man john cena lol

SilverGhost
09-28-2010, 11:27 PM
Well...FCC is on the US part. I don't know if the UK has a form of censorship organization for television.

merhardt03
09-28-2010, 11:30 PM
Read my previous post from the last thread. And dude who wrote this thread.... U went way to deep tryin to read McMahons mind. It was entertaining tho. Lol. THE TRUTH WILL BE TOLD

Belzova
09-28-2010, 11:31 PM

Um back when DX first formed they use to zoom in on girls flashing their boobs. So I think their rating was higher than Tv-14. xD

Necroyeti
09-28-2010, 11:34 PM
PG is a good business strategy for WWE right now, and I don't really mind it to be honest. And let's face it: The Attitude Era certainly wasn't placed on it's high pedastal by most internet fans because it had a TV-14 rating. In retrospect, they actually went ridiculously overboard with "shock tv" (in a bad way) at various times, (read: Vince Russo) only no-one really remembers this while looking through the filter of nostalgia.

I guess it would be kinda nice to see *only* the PPV ratings go up to TV-14 though, for an excuse to have some occasional blading, blistering promos, hardcore matches and general risque moments. I'm a big fan of the mantra "less is more" - makes these kind of things seem more shocking and effective if used sparsely. Doubt this'll happen though.

SilverGhost
09-28-2010, 11:35 PM
Um back when DX first formed they use to zoom in on girls flashing their boobs. So I think their rating was higher than Tv-14. xD

If you can show me proof ;)

I kid but I do know that everything seperated based on time. 9pm-10pm not that explicit but still violent. 10pm-11pm explicit as hell...

Unless I am missing something....

SilverGhost
09-28-2010, 11:38 PM
PG is a good business strategy for WWE right now, and I don't really mind it to be honest. And let's face it: The Attitude Era certainly wasn't placed on it's high pedastal by most internet fans because it had a TV-14 rating. In retrospect, they actually went ridiculously overboard with "shock tv" (in a bad way) at various times, (read: Vince Russo) only no-one really remembers this while looking through the filter of nostalgia.

I guess it would be kinda nice to see *only* the PPV ratings go up to TV-14 though, for an excuse to have some occasional blading, blistering promos, hardcore matches and general risque moments. I'm a big fan of the mantra "less is more" - makes these kind of things seem more shocking and effective if used sparsely. Doubt this'll happen though.

Basically this. I am a patient guy and I will wait for TV-14 wrestling again....

Belzova
09-28-2010, 11:43 PM
http://www.vidilife.com/index.cfm?f=media.play&vchrMediaProgramIDCryp=C2D0D172-9942-4A13-B4DF-6

SilverGhost
09-28-2010, 11:46 PM
http://www.vidilife.com/index.cfm?f=media.play&vchrMediaProgramIDCryp=C2D0D172-9942-4A13-B4DF-6

LOL wow xD ok I will shut up now!

Belzova
09-28-2010, 11:49 PM
LOL wow xD ok I will shut up now!

xD SEE! I wasnt just saying that.

SilverGhost
09-28-2010, 11:52 PM
xD SEE! I wasnt just saying that.

I am a type of guy that asks for proof but I don't mean it in a negative way. But after that....I will agree with you 100% EVEN IF YOU ARE WRONG XD

IPEEINTHESHOWER
09-28-2010, 11:56 PM
Please allow me to give my infinite wisdom on this matter.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/0/06/VinceMcMahonStar.jpg/200px-VinceMcMahonStar.jpg

Plus he has the balls the size of http://juniorsbook.com/images/tellmewhy/Grape_Fruit.jpg

U MAD???

Belzova
09-28-2010, 11:57 PM
I am a type of guy that asks for proof but I don't mean it in a negative way. But after that....I will agree with you 100% EVEN IF YOU ARE WRONG XD

Well if I am ever wrong then i would want people to bash me for my lack of intelligence on the subject. xD
I would be misguided if you agreed with me when I say something wrong.

BevinBoyz
09-29-2010, 12:01 AM
i believe the whole PG thing ruined WWE. if it stayed the way it was. it would have been perfect for the Nexus storyline. they could have done alot more damage like the NWO (hogan,hall,nash) i believe they got weaker with more people. but if Nexus was aloud to do half the thing the NWO done.. they could have been alot bigger..

SilverGhost
09-29-2010, 12:04 AM
Well if I am ever wrong then i would want people to bash me for my lack of intelligence on the subject. xD
I would be misguided if you agreed with me when I say something wrong.

Lol I have nothing else to say xD First things first! You are intelligent.

-talks in a masters voice- Young one if you are ever misguided, your sensei will show you the path!

Either way, I lost this one! xD

Back on topic: I think the only way that the WWE will go back to TV-14 is when Cena leaves WWE (I have no ideas at the moment)

Necroyeti
09-29-2010, 12:05 AM
I'm a big fan of the mantra "less is more" - makes these kind of things seem more shocking and effective if used sparsely.
I didn't answer the Nexus part of OP's question, but this point somewhat demonstrates what went wrong there: When they first invaded Raw, it was unexpected and uncharacteristically violent for WWE-PG, and it was met with almost unanimous praise. No one really gave a shit anymore once it started happening every single week... yet Vince continued to beat the dead horse by dragging the storyline on at least a month too long.

SilverGhost
09-29-2010, 12:07 AM
I didn't answer the Nexus part of OP's question, but this point somewhat demonstrates what went wrong there: When they first invaded Raw, it was unexpected and uncharacteristically violent for WWE-PG, and it was met with almost unanimous praise. No one really gave a shit anymore once it started happening every single week... yet Vince continued to beat the dead horse by dragging the storyline on at least a month too long.

I wanted to see Nexus do something like that some of the time. That was good TV. But I guess Vince freaked out on that.

the-rocks-stunner
09-29-2010, 12:07 AM

-talks in a masters voice- Young one if you are ever misguided, your sensei will show you the path!

Back on topic: I think the only way that the WWE will go back to TV-14 is when Cena leaves WWE (I have no ideas at the moment)

cena leaving wwe = 2060

SilverGhost
09-29-2010, 12:09 AM
cena leaving wwe = 2060

This is a thought. I would say maybe.

the-rocks-stunner
09-29-2010, 12:10 AM
did anyone watch nxt syfy finale ?

Belzova
09-29-2010, 12:11 AM

Cena would have nothing to do with it. It was about the kids imitating what they saw on WWF programming. WWF (yes I am leaving the E out on purpose) glamourized drinking, fowl language, and nudity. If the WWE even thought of attempting this again they would be slammed with lawsuit after lawsuit because parents are way too stupid to keep their kids away rated M things or things way above their age limit. Add the FCC to the bunch an WWE could possibly end up going out of business for it. You just better hope that our next president is a huge fan of the WWE. Because if WWE were to try that now Obama would not defend them. He would actually jump on board just so that he could have ammo to fire at Linda Mcmahon.

SilverGhost
09-29-2010, 12:17 AM
Cena would have nothing to do with it. It was about the kids imitating what they saw on WWF programming. WWF (yes I am leaving the E out on purpose) glamourized drinking, fowl language, and nudity. If the WWE even thought of attempting this again they would be slammed with lawsuit after lawsuit because parents are way too stupid to keep their kids away rated M things or things way above their age limit. Add the FCC to the bunch an WWE could possibly end up going out of business for it. You just better hope that our next president is a huge fan of the WWE. Because if WWE were to try that now Obama would not defend them. He would actually jump on board just so that he could have ammo to fire at Linda Mcmahon.

See? Intelligent!

My guess was if you want a company like the WWE to listen to the fans on what they really want, Cena "SUPERMAN" gimmick/theme must go. Its not that good.

I agree with you(SEE?! xD) on the dumb parents suing WWE on the explicit parts. I know now WWE won't do that again. The violence maybe, but not the explicit content like the great example you shown me.

I figured Obama would be against Linda.

rstar221
09-29-2010, 12:40 AM
Good wrestling can be told in the ring without the use of foul language or constant blood. WWE is forgetting you can tell a compelling story in a match without resorting to stupid gimmicks or ridiculous skits.

SilverGhost
09-29-2010, 12:56 AM
Good wrestling can be told in the ring without the use of foul language or constant blood. WWE is forgetting you can tell a compelling story in a match without resorting to stupid gimmicks or ridiculous skits.

That wasn't Nexus' case though. They just destoryed ringside. Nothing bad though.

rstar221
09-29-2010, 01:09 AM
That wasn't Nexus' case though. They just destoryed ringside. Nothing bad though.

I was just defending PG as a whole when done right. Nexus was a great angle with intensity when first introduced but has since lost all meaning.

SilverGhost
09-29-2010, 01:11 AM
I was just defending PG as a whole when done right. Nexus was a great angle with intensity when first introduced but has since lost all meaning.

WWE loves to give up quickly. I know there are benefits with PG but some love to moan and groan about how it sucks. I know it sucks but I go with it. I don't complain much about it.

merhardt03
09-29-2010, 02:20 AM
All i can say is wow. Y even continue having all these discussions bitching about pg. Belzova said it all best. Time for new discussions since nearly every thread is about the pg rating. THE TRUTH WILL BE TOLD

shanethewolf
09-29-2010, 04:07 AM
The WWF was family friendly back in the early 90s, but it still managed to be entertaining and unpredictable. The big thing WWF had going for it back then was that it offered proper wrestling and lots of it. There were no (or fewer) restrictions on moves a wrestler could use and matches contained a lot more slams, suplexes, dives, dropkicks, piledrivers and wrestling, unlike the play fighting crap we get today which is mostly just slapping and punching. Next time you watch RAW, try counting the actual wrestling moves per match, compared with the late 80s and early 90s. I can't remember the last time I saw a dragon suplex, a piledriver or DDT in WWE.

Also there were no GMs telling you exactly what matches were coming up and when, so it was always a surprise when you heard the music and saw who was coming through the curtains. I loved that part. Promo segments didn't take up the whole show and above all, they had some great writers and bookers...people who actually knew the wrestling business and knew how to write promos and build feuds, rather than the pitiful soap opera writers they have today.

PG can work, but the problem is not the rating, it's the WWE management and ideals.

vbirwin
09-29-2010, 07:29 AM
It's not the FCC, It's the mighty Dollar. Vince wants PG because he wants that young demographic who buy shirts and hats and action figures and replica belts. He wants their parents taking them to house shows and buying them WWE merchandise for Christmas. If he goes back to TV-14 or R he alienates those parents and loses that market share.

I understand his thinking but taking blood and sex out of an entertainment product that is supposed to be based on combat and features athletic men/women wearing tiny outfits is a complete contradiction. Then again, maybe if I was 11 years old it would make more sense to me.

Tim
09-29-2010, 07:51 AM
As said by others, it's a business decision, and a smart one, although there are other factors as well. Kids are a major revenue source for WWE, be it through merchandise sales at house shows, toy sales, or PPVs. There are plenty of parents who will not let their kids watch wrestling if it goes back to anything like The Attitude Era. Much has also happened since The Attitude Era. We've had "wardrobe malfunctions" and the like, and there has been a backlash against sex and violence on more mainstream tv. Now, USA network isn't necessarily a mainstream network station, but much has changed for them since The Attitude Era as well. They now have their own line of fairly well-received tv series, and have matured as a network a great deal in the last decade. They're not going to jeopardize their new standing by broadcasting a much more edgy RAW, unless it was late at night. Sure, the WWE could take their show elsewhere, but that would mean lower ratings, lower exposure for their product, and lower merchandise and other revenues.

PG is not what is hurting WWE, any more than it hurt the WCW. What killed the WCW was stupid decisions regarding writing, bookings, etc. Arguably, the same thing is hurting the WWE currently. I'll take decent stories and good matches over bawdiness and blood anytime.

Daniel Bryan
09-29-2010, 09:06 AM
As said by others, it's a business decision, and a smart one, although there are other factors as well. Kids are a major revenue source for WWE, be it through merchandise sales at house shows, toy sales, or PPVs. There are plenty of parents who will not let their kids watch wrestling if it goes back to anything like The Attitude Era. Much has also happened since The Attitude Era. We've had "wardrobe malfunctions" and the like, and there has been a backlash against sex and violence on more mainstream tv. Now, USA network isn't necessarily a mainstream network station, but much has changed for them since The Attitude Era as well. They now have their own line of fairly well-received tv series, and have matured as a network a great deal in the last decade. They're not going to jeopardize their new standing by broadcasting a much more edgy RAW, unless it was late at night. Sure, the WWE could take their show elsewhere, but that would mean lower ratings, lower exposure for their product, and lower merchandise and other revenues.

PG is not what is hurting WWE, any more than it hurt the WCW. What killed the WCW was stupid decisions regarding writing, bookings, etc. Arguably, the same thing is hurting the WWE currently. I'll take decent stories and good matches over bawdiness and blood anytime.

100% agree

DarkSide
09-29-2010, 09:25 AM
I don't have a problem with the PG rating. As I said before, it's pure business, and it's the kids that buy the merchandise.

If a wrestler can't say "ass" on TV anymore, then it makes them more inventive and better on the mic - look at Jericho and Christian. They are proof you don't have to drop a promo filled with "ho's" and "bitches".

What I do have a problem with though is bloodless HIAC matches (sort of defeats the purpose doesn't it?) and low-risk wrestling moves. Where are the awesome suplexes? All we have now are matches filled with spears and "martial arts" kicks.

the-rocks-stunner
09-29-2010, 09:47 AM
I don't have a problem with the PG rating. As I said before, it's pure business, and it's the kids that buy the merchandise.

If a wrestler can't say "ass" on TV anymore, then it makes them more inventive and better on the mic - look at Jericho and Christian. They are proof you don't have to drop a promo filled with "ho's" and "bitches".

What I do have a problem with though is bloodless HIAC matches (sort of defeats the purpose doesn't it?) and low-risk wrestling moves. Where are the awesome suplexes? All we have now are matches filled with spears and "martial arts" kicks.

agreed creativity is good but wwe are not good at it yet!

SilverGhost
09-29-2010, 10:26 AM
agreed creativity is good but wwe are not good at it yet!

Back then maybe now no.

Undertakerislegend
09-29-2010, 11:08 AM
The Kids are not the ones buying the action figures, or buying the tickets, or buying the damn merchandise, etc. the adults with jobs are buying all these things and filling Vince's pockets, I believe the only real reason why WWE went soft on us is; the WWE hasn't had outside competition in almost a decade. it has only had itself to compete with, witch is why he split wwe right down the middle. Vince is so damn greedy he created the nexus the new "Penny" tag titles, the diva's title all for profit. I want the old days back, give scantily clad divas shakin their asses, blood, weapons, extreme stunts, and NO MORE SUPERSTARS/NXT. I want Smackdown and Raw to come back together, cause TNA are now challenging the entire WWE.

JimmytheBlack
09-29-2010, 03:28 PM
I'm going to try and get into the mind of Vince McMahon. It may be a dirty and dangerous place so someone hold the other end of this rope to pull me back. This is what I think VKM is thinking.

A few years ago before PG, wrestling had still slipped. Fans moved to MMA or other things, mostly the large group of fans from Hulkamania era had grown up. Nearly all fans start watching wrestling as kids, some outgrow it, some are fans for life. I'd be willing to bet that more than 90% of the people who post here began watching between 1984 and 1999 a 15 year span. (Myself I began watching in 1973.) This was like a baby boom and as the fans began to leave, to numbers that would still be quite good, Vince became concerned.

He tried making new stars out of guys who were good but not just great. Why? At first probably to keep things fresh. It didn't work. Then he realized the age of his wrestlers. Some people knock TNA for their old guys, but the WWE is loaded with people who are up there in age. Batista and HBK retired, guys like HHH, Undertaker, Jericho and a few others are getting close to that too. Even guys like Edge and Christian probably will drop down in status within 2 years. He needed new guys and began pushing Miz, Sheamus, Swagger etc. This I think is the reason for NXT and the Nexus (who I expect to disband Sunday, Cena will win.) Get new fresh guys in there so that when the older guys retire or lose it, they can be replaced.

So he decided to go PG, not for Linda's campaign, or merchandising (although both are probably a factor) but to get the young kids as new fans. "If you get them as kids, you have them for life" are probably words that inspire Vince. (The quote is from Adolph Hitler, any other comparisons between the two are probably left out of this post.)

I see PG slowly fading. As this new generation of fans (he seems to be targeting the 8-12 age range) grows up (give it 3 years) they will grow bored of things as they are now. Vince is smart enough that he will turn it back to TV-14 then to keep them interested. I don't think it will ever turn back to the Attitude Era. Vince didn't like that, he just saw WCW and ECW doing things that were new and getting them over and decided to steal and improve on what they began. But I honestly think it made him uncomfortable and he prefers things in the PG-13 realm.

Oh, and I am sure Vince (or someone he employs) reads a lot of the wrestling sites and blogs (possibly this one, but who knows for sure which). He isn't above stealing great ideas so keep posting ways to improve things, if he sees one he likes, he'll take it and not give you credit but at least it will improve things. The vast majority of those type of posts though, really don't fit in with what he has in mind. He does plant stories on the wrestling news sites though. I imagine at least 20% of the WWE related stories you read here and elsewhere were concocted by Vince and his guys. (Bryan Danielson, Aloisia, and Jericho are great recent examples).

Quick pull the rope get me out!! Phew! So, what do you think?

That's what makes me post on these threads. I may never be a writer for WWE. I think their creative writing teams needs to bring in some interns, if not only to pick their brains for a concept to run with. Wrestling is about telling a story. Building the drama and intruige, so that when he gets pinned 1-2-3, or when he submits, or when he gets counted out or DQ'ed. We are standing on our feet, booing and throwing popcorn, crying our eyes out from adolation, making our hands and throats sore with applause and cheer.

You're absolutly right about getting them as kids. Why else is Paul Bearer back. I started watching in the late 80's early 90's. The mysticsim of the Undertakers urn and the creepy little fat man who wield it. That's what had me "hook for life." Now it's being passed on to the next generation. Smackdown clearly has the better writing staff. How else can you explain finally putting Kane over. The new angle for Cody Rhodes is easily turning him into a main eventer. I expect WHC matches in his 2011 career. Ziggler is becoming the perfect loop-hole champion, just like Chris Jerico did back in the day in WCW. Pull Evan Bourne over to Smackdown so you can have more faces. Smackdown is a little heel heavy at the moment.

JimmytheBlack
09-29-2010, 03:32 PM
The Kids are not the ones buying the action figures, or buying the tickets, or buying the damn merchandise, etc. the adults with jobs are buying all these things and filling Vince's pockets, I believe the only real reason why WWE went soft on us is; the WWE hasn't had outside competition in almost a decade. it has only had itself to compete with, witch is why he split wwe right down the middle. Vince is so damn greedy he created the nexus the new "Penny" tag titles, the diva's title all for profit. I want the old days back, give scantily clad divas shakin their asses, blood, weapons, extreme stunts, and NO MORE SUPERSTARS/NXT. I want Smackdown and Raw to come back together, cause TNA are now challenging the entire WWE.

You have no idea what your talking about. It's the bottomless demand that children create that supports the WWE economy. Children are the ones who are buying the full John Cena "chain gang" uniform. All the cheap out sourced toys, and foam belts, are made so that little timmy will beg mommy to spend hundreds of doloars every chrismas and birthday.

Daniel Bryan
09-29-2010, 03:59 PM

seriously man? your completely wrong. WWE made a great business decision by going PG bc ya Vinces pockets are getting filled thanks to mommy and daddy buying their kids WWE merchandise. And second get over it dont live in the past like a old high school superstar who doesnt do anything in his life. im sure when these kids get older we will get back to tv-14 it will be a couple of years though just enjoy what they do well now

Enlgish_TNA4LYF_FAN
09-29-2010, 04:19 PM
it was tv14 but alot of nudity and explicit words and scenes were involved, who cares lol we want tv14

IPEEINTHESHOWER
09-29-2010, 06:08 PM
That's what makes me post on these threads. I may never be a writer for WWE. I think their creative writing teams needs to bring in some interns, if not only to pick their brains for a concept to run with. Wrestling is about telling a story. Building the drama and intruige, so that when he gets pinned 1-2-3, or when he submits, or when he gets counted out or DQ'ed. We are standing on our feet, booing and throwing popcorn, crying our eyes out from adolation, making our hands and throats sore with applause and cheer.

You're absolutly right about getting them as kids. Why else is Paul Bearer back. I started watching in the late 80's early 90's. The mysticsim of the Undertakers urn and the creepy little fat man who wield it. That's what had me "hook for life." Now it's being passed on to the next generation. Smackdown clearly has the better writing staff. How else can you explain finally putting Kane over. The new angle for Cody Rhodes is easily turning him into a main eventer. I expect WHC matches in his 2011 career. Ziggler is becoming the perfect loop-hole champion, just like Chris Jerico did back in the day in WCW. Pull Evan Bourne over to Smackdown so you can have more faces. Smackdown is a little heel heavy at the moment.

AMEN!!!!!!!! Couldnt agree with you more, great minds think alike. you are clearly NOT MAD!!!!

SilverGhost
09-29-2010, 09:56 PM
it was tv14 but alot of nudity and explicit words and scenes were involved, who cares lol we want tv14

WWE don't want TV-14....at least not yet.

K2Jelly
10-13-2010, 09:08 PM
The WWE's decision to turn into a more family oriented show, PG, in my opinion was and remains to be a good move, IF they would only follow the basic guidelines of what a PG show is all about without greatly diminishing the appeal of the product to wrestling fans or people who just want to be entertained. I will now elaborate.

The PG era should stand for a creative attempt to attract a wider audience through toned down use of blood, sex and excessive violence and shifting more attention to new talent that kids can relate, rolemodels they can look up to and more kid friendly superstars.

Unfortunetly, this isn't the case.

Instead, the PG era stands for appeal to 12 year old kids, pointless promos, new talent that get a push for a few months then go to being jobbers, "Hustle, Loyal, Respect", "Never Give Up", boring diva's matches, predictable storylines, giving pushes to the wrong new talent or if to the right one, way too early, garbage ring announcing, constant advertising, banned moves, gimmick PPV's and the deterioration of the tag team division.

I don't care if there is less blood. I don't care is there isn't cussing every five seconds. I don't care if a diva doesn't take off her top.........wait a minute. Scratch that last one. I think the PG move is great if they would actually play it the way like it sounds. I know that if the kids like it, their parents follow, but I feel like I'm not watching wrestling anymore. I'm only watching now when I get the occasional back and forth match between two youngsters who really out their heart, soul and necks out on the line. It makes me sad when I know that it's virtually for nothing. I mean, take a look at Evan Bounre and Mark Henry vs. John Cena and Michael Tarver. That is the only way or only time that I feel Evan Bourne, a truly deserving person to be a main eventer or at least mid card champion, will beat Cena at this right.

Forget the sex, blood and 30 minute promos/skits. I know it has Entertainment in its name, but I want to believe I'm watching an actual wrestling show again when I watch WWE and not some Saturday Night Live skit.

That's what I believe PG should stand for.

Actual wrestling, new talent and fun for the kids, but not up to the degree of leprechauns with helmets or bouncing pecs.

IPEEINTHESHOWER
10-13-2010, 11:01 PM
Please allow me to give my infinite wisdom on this matter. http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRkPs5FnYxCHU38Si1L2o_3neSGs0tgI dw93l8IcZT8_yUicTE&t=1&usg=__-beHeAuaCjCsoNiP1G_5dPRoJrc= Seriously who wouldn't want to hang out with this guy? i would pay good money to sit in a bar and have a few beers with him while he tells me all about his life. Pro rasslin has always had little people in it and for that I say THANK YOU...

infinite wisdom
Every absurdity has a champion who will defend it.

and this has talent written all over it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P65gw46I2ZQ

SilverGhost
10-14-2010, 12:15 AM
This should be at the blog section! This was good.

cetotheizzo
10-14-2010, 01:32 AM
Yes that was very good, I read the whole thing with out getting board of what you were saying.

SgtGohan
10-14-2010, 04:57 AM
amen to the starter of this thread

Splattered-Dreams
10-14-2010, 09:49 AM
Great post.. the gimmick PPVs and banned moves tick me off the most

jethro
10-14-2010, 09:58 AM
There are actual wrestling - Cena vs Barrett/Orton vs Sheamus at HITC ppv,also Jericho vs Rey series,Rey vs Punk etc...most of the time WWE delivered when it comes to pay per view show.

Splattered-Dreams
10-14-2010, 11:07 AM
There are actual wrestling - Cena vs Barrett/Orton vs Sheamus at HITC ppv,also Jericho vs Rey series,Rey vs Punk etc...most of the time WWE delivered when it comes to pay per view show.

If by "deliver" you mean it had a second-class stamp, maybe. But they need to be first class courier delivery, like the 1990s

Enlgish_TNA4LYF_FAN
10-14-2010, 03:52 PM
great post man
PG= Pure Garbage x

drumgod
10-14-2010, 07:10 PM
PG = Pretty Gay

K2Jelly
10-14-2010, 08:13 PM
Great post.. the gimmick PPVs and banned moves tick me off the most

Same here.
Along with the clueless eyecandy called WWE divas. Except of course for Gail Kim, Beth Phoenix and Natalya.

Splattered-Dreams
10-15-2010, 01:48 AM
Same here.
Along with the clueless eyecandy called WWE divas. Except of course for Gail Kim, Beth Phoenix and Natalya.

I'm not even entirely convinced about Beth :p

DirtySteal
10-15-2010, 01:22 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-RUxNRGLjg&feature=related

This one is better than the one on WWE.com

This is what got WWE the fanbase and success it has today, and they turn their back on it. That was real entertainment.

ctaz
10-19-2010, 08:14 AM
Is PG working for WWE? I do not think the whole pg thing is working. I love that my six-year-old daughter screams out Cena's name every time he is on TV, but it was so much more fun when Austin was flipping people off. Do you think after the election WWE should go back to the Blood, Asses, and Violence that we all love? Has Vince Softened with grandkids around?

Bodom
10-19-2010, 08:44 AM
I don't see PG ending. That time has ended and with WWE being the corporate machine that it is, I don't see them going back to the Attitude Era. No way would they risk losing any of their major corporate sponsors.

Xpacfan
10-19-2010, 10:28 AM
It matters how you look at it.

Who it's working for: Small children, WWE fanboys, Bubble Gum entertainers (not wrestlers), Linda's campaign, and Vince.

Who it's not working for: Adults, real wrestling fans, and real wrestlers who don't want to lose their edge

jethro
10-19-2010, 10:48 AM
Yep it works just fine.

Enlgish_TNA4LYF_FAN
10-19-2010, 11:05 AM
i think vince has softend and good things dont last 4eva

SilverGhost
10-19-2010, 11:39 AM
If it makes money and makes people cheer at the same time, then its working.

Bralon23
10-19-2010, 01:40 PM
The PG era is working. Yes we'd all like to go back to the Attitude Era, but it's a new age and time. The younger wrestlers are starting to get over and even though they aren't cursing and promoting violence like they used to in the old days, it's still entertaining. We really need to get over the past because WWE is moving forward. Eventually, I can see things reverting back to pushing the limits once the Cena boos get louder and the crowds start to demand something different.

Robstar
10-19-2010, 02:01 PM
I don't see why they'd go back as long as the coffers are still full. And there's always alternatives for those who want to see more harder edge stuff in TNA, ROH and overseas. The existence of the competition is actually good for WWE.

Bodom
10-19-2010, 02:14 PM
I don't see why they'd go back as long as the coffers are still full. And there's always alternatives for those who want to see more harder edge stuff in TNA, ROH and overseas. The existence of the competition is actually good for WWE.

It'll be interesting to see what happens if these PPV buyrates keep dropping

SilverGhost
10-19-2010, 02:16 PM
It'll be interesting to see what happens if these PPV buyrates keep dropping

True. I mean watching Raw and SD is good. But at PPV it should be different. The standard has to be higher, not the same as Raw and SD.
The PPV has to pop.

JLeeDude1892
10-19-2010, 02:33 PM
Truthfully, PG isn't that bad. In the 80s and early-mid 90s, WWE was PG and they did fantastic. Then the Attitude Era happened. We saw a bunch of blood, weapons, this and that... which got people use to that. Then the WWE goes back to PG and people hate it, only because those who grew up to the Attitude Era were use to the Blood and whatnot. WWE PG is actually good, but people just aren't use to it.

Bodom
10-19-2010, 02:38 PM
Truthfully, PG isn't that bad. In the 80s and early-mid 90s, WWE was PG and they did fantastic. Then the Attitude Era happened. We saw a bunch of blood, weapons, this and that... which got people use to that. Then the WWE goes back to PG and people hate it, only because those who grew up to the Attitude Era were use to the Blood and whatnot. WWE PG is actually good, but people just aren't use to it.

The only people that hate it are the ones that refuse to let go of the Attitude Era.

The rating doesn't mean anything. Only thing that matters is the writing. A well booked PG episode of Raw or whatever could be just as good as a well booked episode in the Attitude Era

Scottland
10-19-2010, 03:10 PM
Is the PG rating working? Yes & no. The PG rating is working in terms of corp. business, bringing in families with small children, having less violence & such but it's failing in terms of television ratings (which yes, those do matter greatly), bookings have gotten weaker, it's more predictable, & so forth. I mean it's really a 50/50 deal no matter how you look at. This is the Bubblegum Era (2005 to 2010) but WWE was MORE PG if not G back in the Golden Age Era (1980 to 1989). This era is more on the level of the Federation Era (1990 to 1996). WWE will never go back to an era like the Attitude Era (1997 to 2004) as that was a once in a lifetime kind of thing let alone the talent during that era was greater then any other era ever (without question). Right now, it's the Bubblegum Era but sooner or later there will be a new era to come along & who knows how that will be but there will never be an era like the Attitude Era ever again as it was a different time & period during those years.

Tai Night
10-19-2010, 05:51 PM
I posted a blog similar to this. I believe it is the match quality, the writers and yes the promos. Remember when you would see the promos before the match and it would pump you up so much that the match was just the icing on the cake.

Look at this promo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGY9ZzKnFP4

Pretty pump yes/no?

Now take a look a this one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0UUddg-0Nw&feature=fvst

Now I don't know about you but I just don't get a excited after seeing the last promo.

TheDevilsAdvocate
10-19-2010, 09:44 PM
I actually liked last Mondays Raw. It seemed very different to me, and I got a good bit of laughs out of Daniel Bryan. I just hope he keeps his upper-midcard edge an then grows into a bigger star instead of starting off promising like Santino Marella an then shifting into a comedic fixture on the Raw Brand. But, I think that was more of Santinos choice then anything because the WWE is trying to make a tv series with him, and in SVR 2010 he was the main focus of the CAW's Road To Wrestlemania all the way to the end along side Vincent Kennedy Mcmahon. But in all, WWE is either getting really awesome or TNA iMPACT! has been sucking so badly lately that it is giving us such an illusion.

NecroButcher187
10-20-2010, 12:25 AM
Bottom line: For us hardcore fans that remember the heyday of wrestling, PG sucks ape balls. For the WWE brand and marketing worldwide as a somewhat wholesome family enertainment entity, it's genius.

Rickrap
10-20-2010, 06:26 AM
I DO NOT like T.V. PG i miss the blood and all the other stuff they did on T.V. and PPVs. I hope they go back to T.V. 14. Because it made better ratings i think.

Tim
10-20-2010, 09:15 AM
As someone said, ratings don't make great wrestling. Writing, and talented wrestling do. As other people have said, we live in a different age now as well. The NFL is now looking at fining players for excessively violent hits on the playing field. We have formerly big-name wrestlers dying of drug overdoses (often of painkillers), and current big name wrestlers in trouble for drug use. Medical science is finally discovering what the results of repeated concussions are to a person's brain. While I don't mind some legitimate blood during a match, such as when RVD suplexed Hardcore Holly through that table on ECW, and split his back open, the days of blading need to end. The days of "red means green" (ie, blood brings money), should be over with, as should anything that causes legitimate and intentional damage to a wrestler. Wrestling should be the art of making things looks dangerous and painful without actually being so. It shouldn't be about people cheering at another guy's real pain and injury, or athletes destroying their bodies for our entertainment.

Wrestling is also a much more pervasive part of our society now. When I was growing up, and watching AWA and WCCW wrestling, you didn't hear much about wrestling in the real world. It was something you caught on the local channels, at often-times odd hours of the day. But now it is much more prominent. All the major presidential candidates even appeared on WWE during the last election. That's how far it's come. But with this prominence also comes increased scrutiny and responsibility. The WWE is also a publicly traded company now, and answerable to its shareholders, and not just its fans. And not all of its fans are unhappy with PG; certainly some vocal ones aren't, but dissatisfied people are always more likely to speak up than satisfied.

Splattered-Dreams
10-20-2010, 12:26 PM
Kids are fickle, though. Come on, when we were kids - about 95% of my friends at the time who were into wrestling are NO LONGER into wrestling.

WWE promoting solely to kids is a pretty stupid marketing tactic, because of this. Surely, by marketing to the 18-35 market, they'll be reaching an audience who ALREADY LOVES wrestling, rather than trying to concert fickle kids who will eventually "get bored" of it anyway.

Anyone else agree? TNA is playing their cards right at the moment...

DarkSide
10-20-2010, 12:33 PM
Kids are fickle, though. Come on, when we were kids - about 95% of my friends at the time who were into wrestling are NO LONGER into wrestling.

WWE promoting solely to kids is a pretty stupid marketing tactic, because of this. Surely, by marketing to the 18-35 market, they'll be reaching an audience who ALREADY LOVES wrestling, rather than trying to concert fickle kids who will eventually "get bored" of it anyway.

Anyone else agree? TNA is playing their cards right at the moment...

That was well said and I have to agree with you.

Arguments can be made for and against PG. It can now be enjoyed by families, but I do miss the blood and fat guys being thrown off the top of cages.

Sigh, good times....

Splattered-Dreams
10-20-2010, 12:37 PM
That was well said and I have to agree with you.

Arguments can be made for and against PG. It can now be enjoyed by families, but I do miss the blood and fat guys being thrown off the top of cages.

Sigh, good times....

I just want a decent PPV worth parting with my money for..

merhardt03
10-20-2010, 12:37 PM
The PG era is working. Yes we'd all like to go back to the Attitude Era, but it's a new age and time. The younger wrestlers are starting to get over and even though they aren't cursing and promoting violence like they used to in the old days, it's still entertaining. We really need to get over the past because WWE is moving forward. Eventually, I can see things reverting back to pushing the limits once the Cena boos get louder and the crowds start to demand something different.
I agree with this post the most out of all of them. Well said dude

Splattered-Dreams
10-20-2010, 12:42 PM
I agree with this post the most out of all of them. Well said dude

Anyone would've thought Vince would take notice at an ECW syfy event at the ECW arena. The show ended in a main event in which the crowd was the most entertaining part. Anyone remember that?

"Same old shit."
"Change the channel."
"You both suck."
"This match sucks."

Big show vs Batista, I think, was the main event.

westy
11-03-2010, 04:25 AM
I think we are all wise enough on here to know why the WWE changed to PG. Now Linda has lost out on the senate seat, do you think the WWE will reverse the change and go back to what they were?

Switching to PG has angered many true fans of WWE and seen the product change so much from the attitude era we all once loved. Now this whole senate thing it over, do you think the time is right to change and follow TNA with their more adult themed programe.

Many have now turned away from the WWE due to this politically motivated change. This was seen by many as a way to help out Linda to win the seat. But if the WWE scrap the whole PG thing, how will you feel you've been treated? You have had to go from watching a show where anything goes, to a childrens performance.

I for one have given up on the WWE, I used to be a huge follower and supporter. Even travelling from the UK to the US to watch some shows with friends. But they pissed on their fans and have given us garbage to watch. TNA though offer something different, more adult, and much better wrestling.

The WWE can change what they want now, they have lost me and so many fans as of late.

But I would like to get your thoughts on this.

Tina293
11-03-2010, 06:44 AM
There are certainly other factors outside of Linda's run for senate that played into the PG rating taking effect:

1. John Cena
2. Vince's goal to fully globalize WWE as a family friendly and marketable product

Unfortunately even though Linda lost senate seat to Blumenthal, it doesn't look like the decision will be reversed anytime soon. Everyone involved with the WWE has jumped on PG bandwagon and it's in full swing. Most think it's what's best for business (although judging by PPV buyrates and weekly show ratings, it's not). Who knows though, I could be wrong and for our sakes let's hope I am.

SaberToothTigerz
11-03-2010, 07:16 AM
wwe most likely will stay pg for many reasons, like tina said and well vince wants to globalize wwe as a friendly market to all age groups, so its sad to see wwe wont be the same again and it will continue to dissapoint and piss on its fans for a whole long while and wwe wont stop ever turning pg u kno why? even thought the little kids of today someday will grow to be like us they will then have kids and then the new generations will never know like in 20 years from now who was steve austin or who was the rock...or course that is only if the wwe will stay alive and well in 20 years from now..who knows if a new company will rise from nowhere or if tna will be the future, its too hard to tell, so far wwe is pg and is reigning supreme..now if pg does fails vince on their ppv sellouts then..i think that will just make vince wonder what to do next and maybe turning it to tv14 could be a option...

macstar77
11-03-2010, 08:37 AM
you know its a sad state of affairs when the video game for the product is more violent than the product itself!!

Rich Cranium
11-03-2010, 10:26 AM
What are they waiting on? Bring back Doink the Clown.

SilverGhost
11-03-2010, 10:36 AM
Vince needs to call back Shane.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTrjD3vJKnU&feature=related

This needs to happen more.

westy
11-03-2010, 11:02 AM
you know its a sad state of affairs when the video game for the product is more violent than the product itself!!

Yes, I have to agree with you there.

SaberToothTigerz
11-03-2010, 11:38 AM

Quite funny but true xD
Thank god we the fans have the opportunity to do whatever we want and how we would want the wwe to become thanks to smackdown vs raw games.

Rich Cranium
11-03-2010, 01:14 PM
88Better enjoy your vid. games because PG is going nowhere soon. Its all about the advertising deals.

Robstar
11-03-2010, 01:56 PM
This has been addressed in another thread already.

Nothing is going to change.

Bodom
11-03-2010, 02:03 PM
Goddamn moderators bringing order

Wait............

Robstar
11-03-2010, 02:07 PM
Do your job Bodom!

Oh, wait.....

Bodom
11-03-2010, 02:17 PM
Reeks of Fail.

macstar77
11-04-2010, 09:24 AM
Quite funny but true xD
Thank god we the fans have the opportunity to do whatever we want and how we would want the wwe to become thanks to smackdown vs raw games.

yer except you can't do title matchs unless your in the universe mode

Thewoodcutter
12-13-2010, 05:52 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Monday_Night_Wars_Ratings.JPG

Look at the raitings from 98 to late 2000. That was the heart of The Attitude Era. Most are 5 and 6's and even a few 7 and 8's. There lucky to get a 3.5 now. Now granted This is with The Rock and Stone Cold still there. But still being in the 3's is pathetic.

Rich Cranium
12-13-2010, 05:57 PM
I get what your saying, just sayin, but 3 is still an ok number being that they did help the USA network remain very successful ratings wise.

Bodom
12-13-2010, 05:58 PM
Are you sure you can blame it on PG? Don't forget. You had two major companies vying to be the best. All that proves is that when you have two companies trying to put out the best possible product, it brings in more viewers. Which this clearly shows.

A more accurate comparison would be the years leading up to the switch to PG

Thewoodcutter
12-13-2010, 06:06 PM
I see what u guys are saying. I was just bored and looking up wrestling shit and that chart caught my eye. The attitude era was so badass and Its so watered down now It always makes me think of the past.

Rassling_Fan
12-13-2010, 06:15 PM
If you notice the chart, you'll also notice the ratings keep going down at a certain point. During the last weeks, from the 5-6 to 4-5. The Attitude Era was the right thing at the right time. If all that was the reason for success, TNA should be pushing more then 2.

Iron Ape
12-13-2010, 06:17 PM
This proves absolutely nothing, and one would have to be a fool to suggest otherwise. You're completely ignoring a multitude of different factors, the biggest of which is how much the television landscape has changed in the ensuing years. There were nowhere near as much cable programming competition at those times, and DVR and internet viewings didn't even factor into the equation. The Monday night numbers are no longer representative of the total amount of people actually viewing the product, so comparing old ratings to the new ratings is futile (and kind of asinine).

If someone insists on continuing to bang on the "PG sux, Attitude era was teh roxxors" drum, they need to start backing it up with something of substance, and this silly comparison certainly isn't it.

Bodom
12-13-2010, 06:18 PM
This actually peaked my interest into this, so I went and found the ratings from 1995-2009.

The ratings took a massive hit in 2000, around the time of WCW's purchase and the Invasion angle. And have been slowly dropping since. Can PG be to blame? Sure, but not the sole reason.

If you care to look, here http://www.twnpnews.com/information/wwfraw.shtml

Rich Cranium
12-13-2010, 06:21 PM
This actually peaked my interest into this
[/URL]

Bodom Peaked!

Lance Storm
12-13-2010, 06:23 PM
My opinion wrestling started going down hill when Vince bought WCW and ECW. No descent competition, no need to push the product hard and be innovative. The PG thing I believe is just a fad, they will up it eventually.

Bodom
12-13-2010, 06:23 PM
Does DVR have a negative on the ratings?

Iron Ape
12-13-2010, 06:24 PM
Pet peeve, but it's "my interest was piqued".

Iron Ape
12-13-2010, 06:27 PM

Well less people are going to tune in at initial time of airing (because they'll be watching later) so, um, yeah, it absolutely affects the ratings. Overnight numbers never reflect the amount of viewers catching up later in the week(s), so comparing the ratings of now to the ratings of yesterday is an exercise in futility. Why people haven't caught on to this yet, I'm not really sure.

Bodom
12-13-2010, 06:27 PM
I'll keep that in mind. Was always a C minus student in English class

Rich Cranium
12-13-2010, 06:28 PM

DVR, Internet streams, Spoilers - Things not so common back then that definitely play a part in the measuring stick of ratings.

Iron Ape
12-13-2010, 06:29 PM
My opinion wrestling started going down hill when Vince bought WCW and ECW. No descent competition, no need to push the product hard and be innovative. The PG thing I believe is just a fad, they will up it eventually.
Merchandising deals contingent upon the family friendly approach prove this to be false.

The sooner people realize that PG is here to stay, the sooner they can find something else to bitch about. ;)

Bodom
12-13-2010, 06:30 PM
Well less people are going to tune in at initial time of airing (because they'll be watching later) so, um, yeah, it absolutely affects the ratings. Overnight numbers never reflect the amount of viewers catching up later in the week(s), so comparing the ratings of now to the ratings of yesterday is an exercise in futility. Why people haven't caught on to this yet, I'm not really sure.

Is there a way they can work the DVR machines into those overnight ratings?

Rich Cranium
12-13-2010, 06:31 PM

If we can figure that out and patent it, we can make a killing!

Iron Ape
12-13-2010, 06:35 PM

That would imply that people have to watch what they taped that very night, thus defeating the entire purpose of DVR in the first place.

Bodom
12-13-2010, 06:41 PM
That would imply that people have to watch what they taped that very night, thus defeating the entire purpose of DVR in the first place.

I'll have to read more into ratings then.

Just thought there may be a way to count the "recording" and not the "watching" into the ratings.

Iron Ape
12-13-2010, 06:52 PM
I'll have to read more into ratings then.

Just thought there may be a way to count the "recording" and not the "watching" into the ratings.

Ratings aren't based off of people who intend to watch something, but rather people who actually did watch something. Does that make sense? Just because something gets recorded doesn't mean that it gets watched.

Any of you remember that writer's strike from a few years back? Television shows and such ceased production for several weeks. We were fighting because we weren't being financially compensated and/or paid royalties for viewings that extended beyond original broadcast. The reason it was such a big deal to us is because a significant portion of viewers have moved on to catching their programs via DVR, TiVo, and the internet, and the effect that had on the numbers was huge. Later viewings account for as much as 25-35% of some shows' audiences. The point of me telling you all this? Looking at overnight numbers in black and white is pointless, and comparing them to the numbers of a technologically different era just doesn't compute.

CobraNightviper
12-13-2010, 07:37 PM
Wait a second so if you dvr something and watch it the next day it doesn't count?

SaberToothTigerz
12-13-2010, 07:40 PM
damn
10th of may 1999 was the highest rating on raw drawing 8.1 that's more than double of what today's raw ratings get at max..

xStraightxEdgexSaviorx
12-13-2010, 07:42 PM
Merchandising deals contingent upon the family friendly approach prove this to be false.

The sooner people realize that PG is here to stay, the sooner they can find something else to bitch about. ;)

Nothing is forever. I agree that in the foreseeable future PG is here to stay, but in say 5 years or so, if the ratings really begin to dip, then you can bet something will be changed. Obviously, it all depends on money. If pg starts to become counterproductive, then TV 14 will begin to rear it's ugly head once again.

Personally, I don't give a shit. PG is not the problem here and I really think they are putting on a better WRESTLING show now then they were then.

Iron Ape
12-13-2010, 07:51 PM
Wait a second so if you dvr something and watch it the next day it doesn't count?

That's correct. You could even watch something you DVRed that very same night and it still wouldn't count.

Iron Ape
12-13-2010, 07:54 PM
Nothing is forever. I agree that in the foreseeable future PG is here to stay, but in say 5 years or so, if the ratings really begin to dip, then you can bet something will be changed. Obviously, it all depends on money. If pg starts to become counterproductive, then TV 14 will begin to rear it's ugly head once again.
Right, and seeing as that merchandising, as well as advertising, accounts for a good chunk of the company's income, and said merchandising, and advertising, is contingent upon the family friendly approach...well, you can see where I'm going.

Personally, I don't give a shit. PG is not the problem here and I really think they are putting on a better WRESTLING show now then they were then.
Totally agreed.

Rassling_Fan
12-13-2010, 08:02 PM
That's correct. You could even watch something you DVRed that very same night and it still wouldn't count.

Wow, I did not know that. Here I thought Recording TNA during the second Monday Night Wars was helping.

xStraightxEdgexSaviorx
12-13-2010, 08:08 PM
Right, and seeing as that merchandising, as well as advertising, accounts for a good chunk of the company's income, and said merchandising, and advertising, is contingent upon the family friendly approach...well, you can see where I'm going.

Yes that's why I said for the foreseeable future it's here to stay, but as we (to the best of my knowledge at least) do not have the abillity to predict the future, antecedent conditions may very well take place in the future that change everything. I don't know what those conditions may be, but something may very well come up that changes everything.

Iron Ape
12-13-2010, 08:10 PM
Wow, I did not know that. Here I thought Recording TNA during the second Monday Night Wars was helping.

It helps the show's overall rating, but not the immediate overnight numbers which is pretty much all that the wrestling fans want to look at (there's an anti-elitism motif in the IWC which seems to favor shallow reactionism over intelligent analysis, for whatever reason; like a Tea Party for fake fighting, if you will).

Iron Ape
12-13-2010, 08:12 PM
Yes that's why I said for the foreseeable future it's here to stay, but as we (to the best of my knowledge at least) do not have the abillity to predict the future, antecedent conditions may very well take place in the future that change everything. I don't know what those conditions may be, but something may very well come up that changes everything.
Yeah, we can't predict the future, but I can't imagine any circumstance in which people in the business of making money would rather appeal to a coterie audience of potential spenders than a broad, mass-market one. It's simple first year college economics.

Mr. McMahon
12-14-2010, 01:51 AM
i believe the highest rating wwe got was like 14 or a 21... it was a very high number and i believe it was in the 80s golden age/rock n roll era.

I don't believe spoilers, dvr etc... effect the ratings, because look at the ratings for other tv shows, sports etc... sure people also dvr those, or stream them or read spoilers (except live sports, but stream em too). But these shows still manage to pull off high ratings. The ratings for sports haven't dropped. The reason ratings aren't high is because people are not interested in wrestling, wwe is aiming their products to the children, not adults. Also the fact that wwe is pretty embarrassing to watch if you are an adult, you are not going to admit to your friends you watch wwe cause they would laugh their ass off. Back in the attitude era, if you were a WWF fan, you were totally cool. Everyone wore Austin & DX shirts in school, and even athletes from other sports love WWF, you could spot them wearing those sports and giving shout outs to WWF. But in this era, you don't see that cause wwe is an embarrassment. People who have never seen WWE, if they tune in they see stupid segments like hornswoggle and just call you crazy for watching this 'crap'. Go to a club and try starting a conversation about wrestling, sure people will talk about UFC cause its badass, but if you mention WWE, then they will take you as a joke, but back in 1999 it was badass to talk about WWF.

Another reason the attitude era won't work today is simply because of the media. Wrestling follows current trends. Back then, everything was more edgy... the movies, music, tv shows were a lot more fun and entertaining, it fit in with wrestling. In this day and age, media industry is in the shitcan whether it be movies (which are mostly crappy remakes of classic movies or sequels), music (modern autotune and commerically produced mainstream crap) and tv shows. WWE follows that trend. If the media industry gets starts skyrocketing again, so will WWE.

Look at the 2002-2004 period, WWE wasn't that edgy, but it wasn't that watered down either - it was a lighter version of attitude era but still fun to watch. So were the movies and shows during 2002-2004, they weren't excellent but they good and entertaining.

Its just the way life was back in the 90s, the great economy, the movement etc... Now it feels like everything is getting crappier like we are headed in a direction where the world is coming to an end (2012)... maybe after 2012 is over and noting really happens, we can probably start going up again

The Brown One
12-14-2010, 05:41 PM
damn
10th of may 1999 was the highest rating on raw drawing 8.1 that's more than double of what today's raw ratings get at max..

Same with SD. They had a rating of 5.8 for their debut(first ever debut not a new channel)..in the past few years theyv'e gone as low as the 1s

Raiyne
01-01-2011, 12:55 PM
I don't understand why people are just now(Beginning of PG-2011) bashing the WWE product. I actually think its a great call, the blood being taken out is a great great move by WWE. No one likes to cut them self or be busted open on purpose. I believe the steel chair shots to the head is a great thing to ban(hence Jeff Hardy incident). It makes WWE a family product, more so to kids but some parents enjoy watching it as well. Now WWE has been about two things money and ratings before the attitude era. People say they miss it because of the violence and free-ness wrestlers had. But as you remember free-ness isn't safety(a good insurance on your money makers). They could say something wrong and bam money gone, They could do a long set of moves and bam injury. They wrestle nearly 3-4 days a week. They have limited move sets for a reason. My rant is....If you want wrestling why come to an entertainment show??If you want to bash the company because of unfair treatment(pushes or gimmicks) of wrestlers...why not bash the wrestler for being money hungry???. Vince has said before its entertainment I don't remember once in 5 years him saying wrestling. Don't worry it seems TNA is heading the same direction for ratings and money.

Robstar
01-01-2011, 01:23 PM
Look, I loved the days when there was an element of real violence to it, a bit of blood etc. but I agree, the whole playing field has changed and what a few people just can't seem to accept is that WWE can never go back to being like that. Never. Time to let it go. If you want to see the old style stuff, I'm sure you can still catch it in a hall or gym somewhere.

And again you're right, insurance is a big part of that. WWE has been forced to give more rights to their wrestlers contractually, albiet still having a huge say in how contracts are structured. Hell, if Ventura had managed to form a wrestlers union all those years ago, we probably wouldn't have even seen the years we had of 'hardcore' wrestling. But it is what it is now. You can accept it or complain about it but you can't change it. But we all know that some people aren't happy unless they're unhappy right?

SilverGhost
01-01-2011, 01:29 PM
I think people bash WWE because its more on entertainment than wrestling(though its changing since WWE has CM Punk and Bryan actually wrestling and both can be entertaining). I like its current pace(to me it has the good wrestling and entertainment balance) and has wrestlers that can actually wrestle. I don't mind that there is little to no blood in the WWE and use of weapons is low but I want to see entertaining wrestling (i.e. Bryan and Punk matches)

SaberToothTigerz
01-01-2011, 01:41 PM
speaking of blood
sometimes u do see wrestlers bleeding as of now even in the pg era its just....very rarely.
if i recall correctly..kane bleeded a bit from his head on a ppv not too long ago..and same with ziggler after that kick on the nose from kaval.

Splattered-Dreams
01-01-2011, 01:53 PM
Never heard Vince say 'wrestling' in five years? Is that how long you've been watching?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxzY_BQuy4A

I agree with certain aspects of the original post, but to actually back up the fact that entertainment is better than wrestling (not the words you used, but that was the jist I got) completely baffles me. its called world WRESTLING entertainment, not world entertainment entertainment.

You were bashing good wrestling because of injuries. So, you'd rather watch a Taker/Kane punchfest for 20 minutes than an actual wrestling match, which we seldom see these days?

Like I said, I agree with you to an extent (how Attitude wont come back etc) but good wrestling is nothing to do with PG. I'm quite saddened by your attitude, if I'm quite honest. We don't want people to have good matches because children might cry? What are you saying?

jethro
01-01-2011, 02:08 PM
Still argue about this entertainment vs wrestling huh?

if i recall correctly..kane bleeded a bit from his head on a ppv not too long ago..and same with ziggler after that kick on the nose from kaval.
Those are unintentional bleeding...not 'use small blade and poking on forehead to make it believeable'.

SilverGhost
01-01-2011, 02:10 PM
Still argue about this entertainment vs wrestling huh?

Those are unintentional bleeding...not 'use small blade and poking on forehead to make it believeable'.

Yeah, those I would understand. Swagger bleeds the most from his mouth :P

Raiyne
01-01-2011, 02:15 PM
What I was implying was bashing of movesets in the WWE. Everyone wants to see good chemistry and ring work, and connection with the auidence. But if moves are too dangerous then they are taken out of the moveset. Why have one good match with "Phenominal moves" and about 90%-100% chance of injury than a pre-set moveset "Average-Good moves" with thousands of matches.

jethro
01-01-2011, 02:20 PM
Yeah, those I would understand. Swagger bleeds the most from his mouth :P

Now that you mention it,I guess its because he received Kofi's kick one too many without covering his face with hand for protection heh

IPEEINTHESHOWER
01-01-2011, 02:21 PM
Hello SHOWERHEADS and SPRINKLERS. Why can't we have both? I want to be entertained and see great wrestling. You guys are forgetting this is a show. if you dont enjoy pro rasslin simply don't watch it, no need to constantly bash it if your not satisfied with the product. TNA has blood, watch that if you want to see the red stuff. I think the WWE has a good mix of wresting and entertainment, they keep me watching every Raw and Smackdown not to mention every ppv. Rob said it best, some people aren't happy unless they are unhappy.

U MAD???

Splattered-Dreams
01-01-2011, 02:23 PM
What I was implying was bashing of movesets in the WWE. Everyone wants to see good chemistry and ring work, and connection with the auidence. But if moves are too dangerous then they are taken out of the moveset. Why have one good match with "Phenominal moves" and about 90%-100% chance of injury than a pre-set moveset "Average-Good moves" with thousands of matches.

Because average matches = average TV. Obviously. It's not ballet, you wimp!

Splattered-Dreams
01-01-2011, 02:24 PM
Hello SHOWERHEADS and SPRINKLERS. Why can't we have both? I want to be entertained and see great wrestling. You guys are forgetting this is a show. if you dont enjoy pro rasslin simply don't watch it, no need to constantly bash it if your not satisfied with the product. TNA has blood, watch that if you want to see the red stuff. I think the WWE has a good mix of wresting and entertainment, they keep me watching every Raw and Smackdown not to mention every ppv. Rob said it best, some people aren't happy unless they are unhappy.

U MAD???

You make a great point here

The Brown One
01-01-2011, 07:43 PM
The thing is, even when wrestlers do bleed(unintentionally of course) heavily ala Christian when he took on Shelton Benjamin in that ladder match, the officials stop the match and clean up the blood, which is really irritating.

And as for the use of blood just for the hell of it, I don't like it, because it puts the wrestlers at risk of injury. Wouldn't we rather see 12 months of a superstar wrestling, rather than 6 months, because someone got injured? I know I would.

Its not blood that makes a match good, its the skill. I'd rather see an hour of DB, Chris Jericho, Dolph Ziggler, and CM Punk wrestling using their limited moveset, and yet putting on 5 star matches, rather than a drop of blood just for the hell of it.

Shelts9192
01-01-2011, 08:04 PM
The thing is, even when wrestlers do bleed(unintentionally of course) heavily ala Christian when he took on Shelton Benjamin in that ladder match, the officials stop the match and clean up the blood, which is really irritating.

Its not blood that makes a match good, its the skill. I'd rather see an hour of DB, Chris Jericho, Dolph Ziggler, and CM Punk wrestling using their limited moveset, and yet putting on 5 star matches, rather than a drop of blood just for the hell of it.

And no offense, but Id rather see a decent wrestler, who wrestles 3-4 shows a week, be cleaned up and checked over if they begin to bleed in a match unintentionally! (Unless it's Extreme Rules, then they should expect it) - I can remember Goldust (my personal favourite) being busted open in a match against Regal, and Id rather have him checked over and cleaned up, then just left to pour blood for the rest of the duration.

In addition, it also makes the wrestling look more like a well regulated, sport - where the viewers, mainly the kids, can believe the people they pay to watch are being looked after - like with any other proffessional sport if an injury occurs (they is a reason a rugby player is sidelined if he begins to bleed during a match)

Sinliner
01-01-2011, 10:20 PM
You guys bleeding in the ring together is also dangerous , like what if someone had sex with a hooker, wrestled in an elimination chamber match the next week got busted open and gave five other guys "the aids!"

CobraNightviper
01-01-2011, 11:02 PM
very true and I guess some wrestling fans just can't let go of the attitude era I really liked those days too but much like life we must move on.

The Brown One
01-01-2011, 11:55 PM
You guys bleeding in the ring together is also dangerous , like what if someone had sex with a hooker, wrestled in an elimination chamber match the next week got busted open and gave five other guys "the aids!"

Dude thats sick! And theres no chance of that happening in the PG era.

SilverGhost
01-02-2011, 12:37 AM

I bet parents went apesh*t on the Edge's Live Sex Celebration.

HHHBK
01-10-2011, 10:56 PM
Is it just me or is John Cena the only one that can swear on wwe PG? (well besides Mae Young)

SilverGhost
01-10-2011, 10:57 PM
Thats Vinnie playing favorites again xD

Oh they even failed on the censoring.

Bodom
01-10-2011, 10:58 PM
I'd imagine that your company would let things slide when you're their top star.

KYNGDAVE
01-10-2011, 11:42 PM
The more Cena swears, the more the kids will think its cool, so when HHH takes over they can have a smooth transition from PG.

PrimusSucks
01-10-2011, 11:45 PM
I'd imagine that your company would let things slide when you're their top star.

Or if you are Alex Riley

Rated_R(ob)KO
01-10-2011, 11:47 PM
I'm pretty damn sure that only got by because it was after 10pm. After 10pm, it's easier to get by with stuff like "Ass, damn, hell and bitch". Regardless if you're on a PG show or not. Do some research next time before you post, junior.

arsenhole
01-11-2011, 12:02 AM
it's not just cena i heard christian curse too i think wwe views cursing as an emergency bag of food after an earthquake you have to ration it out instead of eating all up one time

SilverGhost
01-11-2011, 12:04 AM
Cena: I'm going to kick you ass!

Kids and adults actually roar. They should let some cursing at a point.

clrj3514
01-11-2011, 12:25 AM
Do some research next time before you post, junior.
Haha, you got called junior, junior!

Rich Cranium
01-11-2011, 12:30 AM
Cena: I'm going to kick you ass!

Kids and adults actually roar. They should let some cursing at a point.

Dont be a jerk! That's cursing for kids!

SilverGhost
01-11-2011, 12:36 AM
Dont be a jerk! That's cursing for kids!

Wow....jerk a curse word?

Someone let Vinnie know that making our kids weak is actually bad for the future.

daviestarks
01-11-2011, 12:37 AM
the swearing isnt the problem.. how about the angle with the nexus promoting hazing? wwe does not seem to care about their pg image,i guess cause there is hazing in the wwe but what about all the hazing going on outside the wwe and around the world kids are commiting suicide because of this crap.

SilverGhost
01-11-2011, 12:42 AM
the swearing isnt the problem.. how about the angle with the nexus promoting hazing? wwe does not seem to care about their pg image,i guess cause there is hazing in the wwe but what about all the hazing going on outside the wwe and around the world kids are commiting suicide because of this crap.

I think its more of gang mentality than hazing. Don't know if it applies now....but if you wanna be in a gang....you get beaten. At least....thats what I know.

Bodom
01-11-2011, 12:43 AM
I think its more of gang mentality than hazing. Don't know if it applies now....but if you wanna be in a gang....you get beaten. At least....thats what I know.

And how is that any better?

SilverGhost
01-11-2011, 12:45 AM
And how is that any better?

Just correcting something.....I guess....but that Nexus angle was rather off.

tittle97
01-11-2011, 12:49 AM

WOW. Reading way too into it tonight my man. I've seen way worse in PG movies.

Lamar8902
01-11-2011, 01:43 AM
Or maybe they are bringing R rated show back I mean look at what C.M.Punk did with the new Nexus angle he did something gangs do to people who want to join a gang I mean that was crazy the rated R show is coming back slowly............maybe not

peppermill25
01-11-2011, 01:45 AM
Off topic. I think they are setting Jerry lawler up for a wrestlemania match. What do you think?

Bodom
01-11-2011, 01:47 AM
Off topic. I think they are setting Jerry lawler up for a wrestlemania match. What do you think?

The man is LONG overdue for a Wrestlemania moment.

Iron Ape
01-11-2011, 02:04 AM
I'm pretty damn sure that only got by because it was after 10pm. After 10pm, it's easier to get by with stuff like "Ass, damn, hell and bitch". Regardless if you're on a PG show or not. Do some research next time before you post, junior.
"Ass, damn, hell, and bitch" fly on television all day long, and only "bitch" or excessive use of the other three will change a show's rating. It's only "shit, cock, and pussy" that can't come into play on basic cable until after 10pm (and you have to wait until after midnight if you want to show anything that drops the f-bomb).

So, in other words: You might want to take your own advice next time, kiddo.

tittle97
01-11-2011, 02:34 AM
"Ass, damn, hell, and bitch" fly on television all day long, and only "bitch" or excessive use of the other three will change a show's rating. It's only "shit, cock, and pussy" that can't come into play on basic cable until after 10pm (and you have to wait until after midnight if you want to show anything that drops the f-bomb).

These are also nouns that describe Matt Hardy. Didn't mean to drop the Matt bomb but I couldn't resist. You are right though Ape.

TheMadThinker
01-11-2011, 03:02 AM

Thank you, George Carlin.

Jayoholic
01-11-2011, 03:54 AM
I don't see a problem with it being used every now and then in a PG environment. Heck, there were TV shows that were PG that involved racism and the usage of the "n-word". Now I know they were pegged as "special episodes", but it was still used and of course it got a huge reaction out of the crowd. I remember at one point on TV, "Hell" was not an everyday word like it is now. Even in the WWF, Hulk Hogan used it a lot and the fans would mark out like crazy. "HHHHHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLL NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" *choke*

And everyone would go crazy.

So if they plan on staying PG, I don't have a problem with it being used every once in a while or even once or twice a week. The Attitude Era got stale once everyone started sounding like Stone Cold with the repeated usage of such words. I was surprised Cena got away with it a lot on Smackdown since it was shown on network TV at the time.

The Brown One
01-11-2011, 04:34 AM
I don't think its that bad. Do kids even know what the words means? Well I'm sure with the way the world is right now, they do. Well the ones above 10 do. When someone says a swear word on WWE tv, the kids, and adults just go nuts for it! I think the adults like it because it gives them that feel of freedom, before PG. And I think that kids like it because they just like someone going overboard with their promos, like their hero, Cena.