PDA

View Full Version : Bitch about PG here

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

TheMadThinker
01-11-2011, 05:12 AM
I do not care about the language at all, but if Cena is so great and he is supposed to be this huge advocate of WWE PG-TV why is he always the one crossing the line. It is kind of hypocritical in my opinion.

What he is doing is the equivalent of the cheap pop that you get from the crowd when you mention their home town.

Punk should call him out on his abusive language and hypocrisy.

MattElder
01-11-2011, 05:18 AM
I think the PG era is coming to a end, The rated R era is returning,

I would like Cena to turn up next week to his old music and come back as the Dr of Thugononics, i think its time up on the marine gimmick

TheMadThinker
01-11-2011, 05:39 AM
I think the PG era is coming to a end, The rated R era is returning,

I would like Cena to turn up next week to his old music and come back as the Dr of Thugononics, i think its time up on the marine gimmick

I do not see PG going away anytime soon. WWE gets the big time sponsors on TV by staying clean. It also helps their image as a publicly traded company.

It is always a better business model to bring in kids over adults. Young kids turn into adults that still watch wrestling. People who start watching wrestling as an adult tend to be fickle and go through phases where they watch and phases where they do not watch or stop watching all together. If you are a kid who grew up watching wrestling you will continue to watch out of nostalgia into and through adulthood.

It is just like the cigarette companies: get them hooked while they are young and you got a smoker for life.

The Brown One
01-11-2011, 05:40 AM
Punk should call him out on his abusive language and hypocrisy.

If he did that would be gold! I just hope some bitch doesn't call up WWE and complain about the offensive language, and then WWE has to do something stupid like that time they released Bryan. But it will never happen to Cena, since they love him.

This would be a nice transition in the Rated R era! Start with swearing lol. But I doubt its going to happen.

MattElder
01-11-2011, 06:10 AM
I do not see PG going away anytime soon. WWE gets the big time sponsors on TV by staying clean. It also helps their image as a publicly traded company.

It is always a better business model to bring in kids over adults. Young kids turn into adults that still watch wrestling. People who start watching wrestling as an adult tend to be fickle and go through phases where they watch and phases where they do not watch or stop watching all together. If you are a kid who grew up watching wrestling you will continue to watch out of nostalgia into and through adulthood.

It is just like the cigarette companies: get them hooked while they are young and you got a smoker for life.

Tottally agree with you about modelling the children BUT what would kids 12+ prefer? pG or rated R?

The Brown One
01-11-2011, 06:54 AM

Wow you make a good point. Its true too. I watched as a kid, stopped watching because I didn't have cable, and now watch again as a man. Its good that theyr'e getting kids so young to watch now, so that it will stick with them for life.

Also, the publicity, and good public image that WWE has been maintaining recently is wonderful! They get less shit from the media about controversial stuff, and aeren't looked down as much as it once was.
On the other hand is TNA. When Jeff disappears off TNA with a kayfabe reason, people are going to wonder where he went, and look up the reason. Once they find out he went to jail for the horrible shit hes done, theyr'e not going to be so supportive as they are now. The media is going to pick up on it too, and TNA is going to be at the center of something bad.

Iron Ape
01-11-2011, 10:47 AM
I think the PG era is coming to a end, The rated R era is returning.
There was never a Rated R era, and the use of something as harmless as "ass" in no way signifies the end of PG.

SaberToothTigerz
01-11-2011, 10:57 AM
There was never a Rated R era, and the use of something as harmless as "ass" in no way signifies the end of PG.

im quite ok with the era we are living in now
why do people always expect that something will end with something so insignificant as that word being said?

SilverGhost
01-11-2011, 11:00 AM
im quite ok with the era we are living in now
why do people always expect that something will end with something so insignificant as that word being said?

Because there are a few people that want the Attitude Era and want that violence again.

SaberToothTigerz
01-11-2011, 11:11 AM
Because there are a few people that want the Attitude Era and want that violence again.

violence dont make a good television for me
good storylines do!

SilverGhost
01-11-2011, 11:24 AM
violence dont make a good television for me
good storylines do!

You have to admit.....some of their storylines isn't that good.

Edge/Kane
Kane as WHC/Taker

Bodom
01-11-2011, 11:25 AM
I liked the Kane/Undertaker feud.......

SilverGhost
01-11-2011, 11:27 AM
I liked the Kane/Undertaker feud.......

You can like that storyline but Taker wasn't his best there. Even if its by a storyline it was still sad to watch.

SaberToothTigerz
01-11-2011, 11:34 AM
You have to admit.....some of their storylines isn't that good.

Edge/Kane
Kane as WHC/Taker

yes i kno i didnt said EVERY storyline was good i just said i watch wrestling nowadays for the storylines and the technical quality of matches
i agree with the edge vs kane one
even the randy vs miz feud makes me yawn

SilverGhost
01-11-2011, 11:37 AM
yes i kno i didnt said EVERY storyline was good i just said i watch wrestling nowadays for the storylines and the technical quality of matches
i agree with the edge vs kane one
even the randy vs miz feud makes me yawn

Randy Orton is boring and not worth watching at all. Just seeing him in main events makes me wanna shut my computer down.

On topic: Some cursing should be allowed to add a bit of realism but thats what I think. Come on.....the kids grow up and will learn these words....

Iron Ape
01-11-2011, 12:18 PM
On topic: Some cursing should be allowed to add a bit of realism but thats what I think. Come on.....the kids grow up and will learn these words....
Kids will also grow up and learn about sex, but that doesn't mean that WWE should be showing that kind of thing on their programming. So, really, that's a pretty bogus rationale.

SaberToothTigerz
01-11-2011, 12:22 PM
Randy Orton is boring and not worth watching at all. Just seeing him in main events makes me wanna shut my computer down.

yea..i cant believe people dont blame orton too
its just john cena getting all the boos
randy gets an even bigger pop from the crowd specially the girls damn..

Tommy Thunder
01-11-2011, 12:23 PM
I agree that some cursing should be allowed to some extent. 'Hell', 'Ass', 'Damn', 'Jerk', 'Freaking' and perhaps some others should be allowed.

Bodom
01-11-2011, 12:24 PM
In what universe is "Jerk" and "Freaking" a curse word? :confused::confused:

SaberToothTigerz
01-11-2011, 12:28 PM
btw i dont know if u guys noticed but when cm punk was on top of the tron
if u looked at the crowd there was a little kid covering his ears when punk started to talk
damn these kids rly hate the guy for taking out john cena
they hate him soo much they cant even listen to him

Iron Ape
01-11-2011, 12:34 PM
"Heaven" isn't a curse word, so why do some consider "hell" one?

Bodom
01-11-2011, 12:38 PM
That's an interesting point.

Never thought about that.

HHHBK
01-11-2011, 03:52 PM
apparently cena was "fined" beacuse of it??

SgtGohan
01-11-2011, 03:56 PM

because heaven is a good thing and hell is not

Rated_R(ob)KO
01-11-2011, 03:56 PM
How can he be fined on a pre-taped segment on an episode of Raw after 10pm... please. Go back to NY Ryan Clark.

SilverGhost
01-11-2011, 03:59 PM

That is a good question!

SilverGhost
01-11-2011, 04:09 PM

Elementary school? lol

Iron Ape
01-11-2011, 04:28 PM
because heaven is a good thing and hell is not
AIDS isn't a good thing, either, but it still isn't a curse word. So, yeah, that's some bizarre logic.

SilverGhost
01-11-2011, 04:34 PM
AIDS isn't a good thing, either, but it still isn't a curse word. So, yeah, that's some bizarre logic.

Lol

"If it comes from the blessed book, then its not a curse word!" (tm)

CobraNightviper
01-11-2011, 04:38 PM
huh on that logic what about the curse words in the blessed book then are they considered curse words?

SilverGhost
01-11-2011, 04:43 PM
huh on that logic what about the curse words in the blessed book then are they considered curse words?

Well....they say its the "good" book so it shouldn't be a problem but you know how overprotective Americans are.

I'll stop there.

The Brown One
01-11-2011, 06:48 PM
apparently cena was "fined" beacuse of it??

I'm sure it was storylined lol. Everything Cena said on Twitter about Nexus was bullshit. When he says he has an injury half the time hes lying, because hes working on a commercial or movie or something.

SaberToothTigerz
01-11-2011, 07:02 PM
I'm sure it was storylined lol. Everything Cena said on Twitter about Nexus was bullshit. When he says he has an injury half the time hes lying, because hes working on a commercial or movie or something.

precisely that
cena wants to make the most of his gimmick and make his fans on twitter too believe everything that happens in wwe to make it sound as real as possible.

Tommy Thunder
01-11-2011, 07:03 PM

The WWE universe? Used to hear these words in promos all the time a few years ago, not anymore though.
They might not be curse words, but they are considered 'bad words' that you wouldn't want your kids to use.

The Brown One
01-11-2011, 07:08 PM
precisely that
cena wants to make the most of his gimmick and make his fans on twitter too believe everything that happens in wwe to make it sound as real as possible.

If the crowd follow him on Twitter, they will be waiting to hear every word he says. They will want to see him even more then they do now. Its a good way to sell more of his crap.

Bodom
01-11-2011, 07:11 PM
The WWE universe? Used to hear these words in promos all the time a few years ago, not anymore though.
They might not be curse words, but they are considered 'bad words' that you wouldn't want your kids to use.

There goes my dream of Yoshi Tatsu calling Cena a freakin' jerk

SaberToothTigerz
01-11-2011, 07:18 PM
If the crowd follow him on Twitter, they will be waiting to hear every word he says. They will want to see him even more then they do now. Its a good way to sell more of his crap.

yea now we know why he is vinnie mac's favorite.
he aint honest and REAL for a second on twitter like other wwe wrestlers.

The Brown One
01-11-2011, 08:54 PM
[QUOTE=SaberToothTigerz;55313]yea now we know why he is vinnie mac's favorite.

Yeah Kevin Nash let TNA have it! He swore so much at them, even dropping F bombs.

Rated_R(ob)KO
01-11-2011, 10:06 PM
[QUOTE=SaberToothTigerz;55313]yea now we know why he is vinnie mac's favorite.

Yeah Kevin Nash let TNA have it! He swore so much at them, even dropping F bombs.

He did the same thing to wCw... On National television. On a Nitro.

SilverGhost
01-11-2011, 10:09 PM

That would be funny. I would pay to see it live than on TV.

Viperfish
01-11-2011, 10:10 PM
I can't believe Cena got fined for saying it. This is PG. You hear 'ass' all the time on late night television, and worse. I'll tell you what though, I was surprised to hear him say it. It had a bit of shock value for me after a fairly curse-free WWE this last little while. I kind of like it, in the sense that when you tone things down from the 90s, the little things start meaning more again.

SilverGhost
01-11-2011, 10:15 PM
I can't believe Cena got fined for saying it. This is PG. You hear 'ass' all the time on late night television, and worse. I'll tell you what though, I was surprised to hear him say it. It had a bit of shock value for me after a fairly curse-free WWE this last little while. I kind of like it, in the sense that when you tone things down from the 90s, the little things start meaning more again.

I don't believe he got "fined". He probably got a talking to from Vinnie. A swearing Vinnie xD

Bodom
01-11-2011, 10:16 PM
Who says Cena was "fined"?

SilverGhost
01-11-2011, 10:17 PM

That asshat that "reports" this stuff.

Bodom
01-11-2011, 10:18 PM
That asshat that "reports" this stuff.

And people are believing it?

SilverGhost
01-11-2011, 10:20 PM
And people are believing it?

Well...like one....up there.

Viperfish xD

Viperfish
01-11-2011, 10:22 PM

Cena says Cena was fined. Is he full of it? Maybe. Then again what would anyone gain from lying about something like that?

Bodom
01-11-2011, 10:25 PM
Cena says Cena was fined. Is he full of it? Maybe. Then again what would anyone gain from lying about something like that?

Add importance to what he said?

That he knew he would be "fined" but did it anyway?

Tommy Thunder
01-11-2011, 10:30 PM

Now that would be funny!! Live in hope, as the pg era might end someday...

The Brown One
01-11-2011, 10:40 PM

Keep the public image of a good company that the WWE has been trying to keep? They did that with DB, when some bitch called in and complained.

K-Jammin
01-12-2011, 10:51 AM
i realise you have discussed this issue like a thousand times but im new so i dont really know what your opinion's are, so what i wanted to know is if anyone feels like WWE has slapped them in the face for feeding them this piece of shit simply known as " The PG ere ". The reason WWE won the monday night wars is because as fans we all loved the attitude ere, we loved seeing fake tits on our screen, we loved stone cold giving the finger to whoever he wanted to, i could list so much more. I dont even watch all of Raw now i just skip it bit to bit and i dont watch smackdown at all full stop. WWE had a winning formula with the attitude era and us fans stuck by them and tuned in every monday night to watch RAW IS WAR ( i miss calling it that ) until finally WCW couldn't keep up and went out of business. But now they've decided they want more kids to watch it more so they lowered the age rating, and now the ratings and PPV buy rates are down, surely that should tell them something? So now i have to watch WWE Monday Night Raw with John Cena telling me to never give up when id rather watch WWF RAW IS WAR with Stone Cold asking for a hell yeah! i just think WWE sold out basically, am i the only one who thinks this?

Tell em hawk!"
01-12-2011, 11:56 AM
I couldn't agree more! Wrestling for me, Died when the wars were over. Since then it has been a suckfest of mediocre matches and sub-standard performers, (there are a few exceptions but most are dead or retired)

Castanedaa99
01-12-2011, 12:03 PM
i realise you have discussed this issue like a thousand times but im new so i dont really know what your opinion's are, so what i wanted to know is if anyone feels like WWE has slapped them in the face for feeding them this piece of shit simply known as " The PG ere ". The reason WWE won the monday night wars is because as fans we all loved the attitude ere, we loved seeing fake tits on our screen, we loved stone cold giving the finger to whoever he wanted to, i could list so much more. I dont even watch all of Raw now i just skip it bit to bit and i dont watch smackdown at all full stop. WWE had a winning formula with the attitude era and us fans stuck by them and tuned in every monday night to watch RAW IS WAR ( i miss calling it that ) until finally WCW couldn't keep up and went out of business. But now they've decided they want more kids to watch it more so they lowered the age rating, and now the ratings and PPV buy rates are down, surely that should tell them something? So now i have to watch WWE Monday Night Raw with John Cena telling me to never give up when id rather watch WWF RAW IS WAR with Stone Cold asking for a hell yeah! i just think WWE sold out basically, am i the only one who thinks this?

I dont feel like a slap in the face when it comes to the ratings. It's more of how creative doesnt even try to really put good storylines overall. They tend to concentrate more on the main event and that is it. They seem to have given up on proper buildups to PPV matches that make you want to buy the PPV.

Seriously, did you think the Attitude Era was gonna stick forever? Long-term the WWE needs to bring in new audiences (that being the kids) that they hope will stick around for many years, and we may see the business go with a more mature rating as they grow up. I loved the Attitude Era but there was only so much "pushing the envelope" that can happen. As the Attitude Era kept going, you could tell they were running out of storyline, or at least good ones.

Creative just needs to push themselves to keep all ages entertained. A little blood here and there is no harm to kids, some swearing isn't either. I work with kids and these kids have watched a lot of the Rated R movies that they "are not" suppose to see. In the end, everyone from the WWE to those stupid critics who make a living, or attempt to, bashing WWE for storylines need to understand that the parents have the responsibility of allowing their kids to watch was is on TV and in Arenas.

Necroyeti
01-12-2011, 12:05 PM
http://i.imgur.com/GNskK.jpg

ItswrestlingIwantblood
01-12-2011, 12:07 PM
I feel the same way. I find the last two years extremely hard to be a wwe fan. I used to spend my mondays going crazy wondering what would happen that night but now most of the time I don't care and half the time I don't watch it either. TNA is even worse which is sad. They have good matches but the storylines usually don't make any since at all.

K-Jammin
01-12-2011, 12:16 PM
TNA is even worse which is sad. They have good matches but the storylines usually don't make any since at all.

Agreed, TNA just have pointless face/heel turns

Danny92
01-12-2011, 12:17 PM
I agree with you to an extent , the attitude era was the pinnacle of wrestling tv. However I think that even in the pg era there could be some epic feuds and great matches week after week if we werent treated to 2 minute matches every night and the same old match up in the main event.

ihearvoices
01-12-2011, 12:18 PM
i only have a few things to say which is WWe is not the only thing that has now changed to PG most tv programs have now become rated PG. The 90s was more in your face when it came to tv programs think about it but now everyone is trying to tune it down when it comes to the type of messages they send with these shows. So really if the wwe wanted to stay in business they had no choice to change with the time. Think about this i bet the old school wrestlers like flair and hogan felt like the wrestling back in their time was when wrestling really mattered and was good. What if wwe stayed in that way? we would of never have the Attitude Era. Just saying

68wPayne
01-12-2011, 12:24 PM
The issue isn't WWE betraying us, it's just business. Back in the Monday Night Wars WWE had to convert to the attitude era in order to win the ratings. They had to do whatever it took to survive. Now they don't have to worry about ratings so much because there is no real competition, their main concern is keeping the sponsors happy because it's the sponsors that give the money. Until there is real competition or Triple H takes over the company we will remain in the PG era because that keeps the sponsors happy.

K-Jammin
01-12-2011, 12:25 PM
i only have a few things to say which is WWe is not the only thing that has now changed to PG most tv programs have now become rated PG. The 90s was more in your face when it came to tv programs think about it but now everyone is trying to tune it down when it comes to the type of messages they send with these shows. So really if the wwe wanted to stay in business they had no choice to change with the time. Think about this i bet the old school wrestlers like flair and hogan felt like the wrestling back in their time was when wrestling really mattered and was good. What if wwe stayed in that way? we would of never have the Attitude Era. Just saying

You actually make a good point, fair play

RevolutionIcon
01-12-2011, 12:32 PM
WWE slapped you all in the face a long time ago, why you didn't feel it until they slapped a name over it, is beyond me.

K-Jammin
01-12-2011, 12:34 PM
WWE slapped you all in the face a long time ago, why you didn't feel it until they slapped a name over it, is beyond me.

Explain . . .

Tim
01-12-2011, 12:37 PM
Wrestling being edgy and non-PG is kind of like a girl trying to get attention by dressing and acting slutty. It's a very easy way to get attention, but if you had something substantial there to begin with, you wouldn't need it. Hitting people over the head with chairs, crude humor in promos and vignettes, and that kind of thing will always appeal to the white trash and college boy crowd, but hopefully so would solid wrestling, good storylines, and wrestlers with actual personalities instead of guys who just go for the cheap pop for being "edgy" or "extreme" . And as has been said, in this thread and before, it's a different era than the 90s, and a different market. If the WWE fails, which is not likely, it's going to be because of other problems it has going on, or the total collapse of the wrestling fanbase, and not because they are PG.

ihearvoices
01-12-2011, 12:37 PM
I agree with you on some points but i believe that WWe becoming Rated PG really has close to nothing with why so many older fans feel betrayed. I think its more on the lines that we had the pleasure to witness wrestlers like Hbk, HHH, the rock, stone cold wrestle in great matches and since their no longer here we feel we will never get that feeling back which is true. Right now our younger cousins and brothers and sister are watching wrestling and enjoying it and when they get older they will Feel about John cena,Randy ortin and others the same way we feel about wrestlers like hbk,hhh,the rock, stone cold... that wrestling before was better then what it has became in 10 or 20 yrs after these guys leave.

Necroyeti
01-12-2011, 12:38 PM
I agree with you to an extent , the attitude era was the pinnacle of wrestling tv.

if we werent treated to 2 minute matches every night
ROFL, The Attitude Era might've been good, but it was much worse in terms of short shitty matches on Raw. Bear in mind that they usually crammed eight or nine matches in every week (at least pre-Smackdown) and Russo was employed for most of the era.

Take off the nostalgia goggles.

RevolutionIcon
01-12-2011, 12:52 PM
Wrestling will not fail because it is PG, it is called capturing a generation. They did it for my generation as the one they are doing now. I had Hulk Hogan, kids now have John Cena. Before Hogan came around and captured the hearts of all the children that came to later on appreciate the Attitude Era, as teenagers, there was good wrestling. Real good wrestling. Actual creativity. Actual talent.

You were either good or you weren't, you didn't get a developmental deal, and an NxT shot, or a Tough Enough shot. You either busted your ass or you retired bagging groceries. Or whatever a guy did for his living.

There weren't a million media filters to make you tweak and change, what you did with yourself either worked or it didn't.

And that's why I know deep down I have seen amazing matches, amazing storylines, amazing efforts and everything else, FAR beyond what ANY fan under the age of 20 can possibly imagine unless they have expanded their sights.. I only say that because I have. Anyways..

Xpacfan
01-12-2011, 01:24 PM

You are not the only one my friend but as you will soon find out, we are a rarity on these forums as they are filled with WWE marks or others who know the same but are in denial about it. Its why I have completely jumped ship to TNA...granted its not quite the Attitude Era WWE but its the type of wrestling show I want to watch.

Yeah, once Vince won the Monday Night Wars and basically monopolized the market, he's figured he can do whatever he wants....and justifiably so: With little to no competition and fans blindly loyal to the product, why should he change a thing he's doing. He's essentially gave those of us who supported his previous product and demand more the finger.

This is another reason why I personally support TNA...I want it to either grow big enough or cost WWE to lose so much money where VKM will have no choice other than to improve the current product. Just as he had to back in the mid 90s when up against WCW.

SilverGhost
01-12-2011, 01:30 PM
You are not the only one my friend but as you will soon find out, we are a rarity on these forums as they are filled with WWE marks or others who know the same but are in denial about it. Its why I have completely jumped ship to TNA...granted its not quite the Attitude Era WWE but its the type of wrestling show I want to watch.

-cough- Great analysis.....OH HOW WE ARE JUST WWE FANS AND TALK ABOUT TNA,ROH, NWA, JAPANESE WRESTLING, GOING BACK TO TALK ABOUT PAST WRESTLING about THEIR GREAT WRESTLING!

Hello! We bash with reason. You don't like it when we bash TNA but we have valid points.

The people who bash TNA= WWE marks in your mind?

No dude....way off.

Xpacfan
01-12-2011, 01:34 PM
Well of course you're going to believe that your points are valid or else you wouldn't make them...I don't believe they are. Not all but most of those on here that do bash TNA are Pro-WWE and are in denial of everything that is wrong with the current product. IMO, for anyone to look at the Attitude Era then what's on WWE tv today and say that its better or even just as good is in denial.

SilverGhost
01-12-2011, 01:45 PM
Well of course you're going to believe that your points are valid or else you wouldn't make them...I don't believe they are. Not all but most of those on here that do bash TNA are Pro-WWE and are in denial of everything that is wrong with the current product. IMO, for anyone to look at the Attitude Era then what's on WWE tv today and say that its better or even just as good is in denial.

They are valid but you don't want to acknowledge it because you are a TNA faithful. TNA more or less now is WCW. I am not "Pro" WWE. I am for pro wrestling and contribute for other companies. I bash WWE as well so yeah...

As for me, I am not saying that the Attitude Era is better or the PG Era is better. I wanna see the wrestling and how it plays out.

Rich Cranium
01-12-2011, 01:50 PM
I'm a happy camper since we don't see anymore annoying Raw guest hosts!

SilverGhost
01-12-2011, 01:51 PM
Keep the public image of a good company that the WWE has been trying to keep? They did that with DB, when some bitch called in and complained.

That neck tie thing? xD

SilverGhost
01-12-2011, 01:58 PM
I'm a happy camper since we don't see anymore annoying Raw guest hosts!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbOXYHtgbd8&feature=related

And this alone pisses me off.

Xpacfan
01-12-2011, 02:00 PM
They are valid but you don't want to acknowledge it because you are a TNA faithful. TNA more or less now is WCW. I am not "Pro" WWE. I am for pro wrestling and contribute for other companies. I bash WWE as well so yeah...

As for me, I am not saying that the Attitude Era is better or the PG Era is better. I wanna see the wrestling and how it plays out.

They are valid in your opinion. I always acknowledge TNA's faults but what they are doing right outweighs that and anything the WWE is currently doing at the moment. This is again only my OPINION which I view as valid.

How would you know TNA is more or less WCW when you don't even watch the show? At least I still watch clips of what going on in the WWE currently as a means to give it a chance to redeem itself. You always post these inaccurate perceptions of TNA as "Bischoff, Hogan, and Russo" going wild...but the truth is Hogan has been off of television for months, Bischoff's tv time is relatively low, and Russo isn't currently botching any of the main storylines. Backstage, Hogan is dealing more with his back than playing the political game that he has in the past....hell, Bischoff won't even acknowledge that his son is a referee. So how in the heck is it anything like WCW?

How many talents are complaining about backstage politics or who is hogging all the tv time this time around???

Jaws
01-12-2011, 02:18 PM
I just like pro wrestling in general. Some things I prefer about TNA, some things I prefer about WWE, love ROH, PWG and DGUSA. I'm not going to complain because the entire product as a whole isn't exactly what I want. I think there is some good in all of it. Maybe that's just me. Maybe somebody already said something to this effect, but I didn't read all three pages before I posted.

Xpacfan
01-12-2011, 02:23 PM
^ Yeah, there are few things the WWE is currently doing that's decsent imo but not enough for me to start watching its programming again. Its just way too many other things that piss me off about it.

thejman93
01-12-2011, 02:26 PM
http://i.imgur.com/GNskK.jpg

My reaction to this thread as well

Jaws
01-12-2011, 02:27 PM
At least now I can flip to Always Sunny in Philadelphia when Raw has a dumb segment, and I usually just DVR Impact and Smackdown so I can fast forward through the stuff I don't like.

SilverGhost
01-12-2011, 02:31 PM
They are valid in your opinion. I always acknowledge TNA's faults but what they are doing right outweighs that and anything the WWE is currently doing at the moment. This is again only my OPINION which I view as valid.

How would you know TNA is more or less WCW when you don't even watch the show? At least I still watch clips of what going on in the WWE currently as a means to give it a chance to redeem itself. You always post these inaccurate perceptions of TNA as "Bischoff, Hogan, and Russo" going wild...but the truth is Hogan has been off of television for months, Bischoff's tv time is relatively low, and Russo isn't currently botching any of the main storylines. Backstage, Hogan is dealing more with his back than playing the political game that he has in the past....hell, Bischoff won't even acknowledge that his son is a referee. So how in the heck is it anything like WCW?

How many talents are complaining about backstage politics or who is hogging all the tv time this time around???

I have started watching TNA but it does remind me of WCW when the NWO was around. The key players are there plus Flair. Its called "Immortal". I do know that Hogan is out, I do know that Bischoff is getting less TV time but the fact remains that at BFG, it turned like WCW.

Xpacfan
01-12-2011, 02:34 PM
At least now I can flip to Always Sunny in Philadelphia when Raw has a dumb segment, and I usually just DVR Impact and Smackdown so I can fast forward through the stuff I don't like.

I used to switch back and forth during Raw myself but it just began to no longer interest me after awhile. Seriously, standing in the kitchen quitely cooking dinner or being on the phone with my gf became more appealing!

There's just so much I want to be seen done different but as long as I'm one of those fans that gives the WWE rating inspite of, then I'm only contributing to the problem.

SilverGhost
01-12-2011, 02:34 PM
^ Yeah, there are few things the WWE is currently doing that's decsent imo but not enough for me to start watching its programming again. Its just way too many other things that piss me off about it.

Like what? John Cena? Randy Orton? Those two poster boys in constant main events? Barely existant Tag Team division? Hornswoggle?

Xpacfan
01-12-2011, 02:44 PM
I have started watching TNA but it does remind me of WCW when the NWO was around. The key players are there plus Flair. Its called "Immortal". I do know that Hogan is out, I do know that Bischoff is getting less TV time but the fact remains that at BFG, it turned like WCW.

Really?! That's the only comparison you've got, man? Immortal is more like The Corporation,Corporate Ministry, The Helms-McMahon Faction, etc than anything else. If anything, they're feeding off of the perceptions held by several wrestling fans like yourself to generate heat to get them over as heels. It works! The thing is, Immortal doesn't ALWAYS win...Immortal hasn't been around for years or turned into different groups within itself. The reality of the situation is, they are actually pushing the younger and lesser known guys in the process: AJ Styles, Jay Lethal, Kazarian, Robby E, Dougless Williams, MCMG, Beer Money, Matt Morgan, Abyss...I could go on

I've seen nothing but opportunity given to the younger talent since the "Infamous 3" has gotten on board and different talent climb the later! Who's being held back?

SilverGhost
01-12-2011, 02:48 PM
Really?! That's the only comparison you've got, man? Immortal is more like The Corporation,Corporate Ministry, The Helms-McMahon Faction, etc than anything else. If anything, they're feeding off of the perceptions held by several wrestling fans like yourself to generate heat to get them over as heels. It works! The thing is, Immortal doesn't ALWAYS win...Immortal hasn't been around for years or turned into different groups within itself. The reality of the situation is, they are actually pushing the younger and lesser known guys in the process: AJ Styles, Jay Lethal, Kazarian, Robby E, Dougless Williams, MCMG, Beer Money, Matt Morgan, Abyss...I could go on

I've seen nothing but opportunity given to the younger talent since the "Infamous 3" has gotten on board and different talent climb the later! Who's being held back?

One talent that comes to my mind. Samoa Joe.

Pope feuding with Abyss recently and somehow he is heel? That quick? Joe feuding with Pope? What happened there?

Xpacfan
01-12-2011, 02:49 PM
Like what? John Cena? Randy Orton? Those two poster boys in constant main events? Barely existant Tag Team division? Hornswoggle?

All of the above and also guys being on tv for less than six months and getting World Title shots (Sheamus, Barrett, Del Rio), underutilized talent (Christian, Mark Henry, Morrison, Gail Kim, R-Truth etc), Miz being champion, useless and uninteresting promos, poor women's division, the lack of charisma in these new wrestlers (from their names down to their generic personalities) and the shallow storylines!

Xpacfan
01-12-2011, 02:56 PM
One talent that comes to my mind. Samoa Joe.

Pope feuding with Abyss recently and somehow he is heel? That quick? Joe feuding with Pope? What happened there?

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! Joe has been rubbed in TNA fans faces for years! I actually got tired of seeing Joe so much and its about time he took the back seat! You're talking about a guy that went on like a year undefeated streak...give me a fricken break, man!

When did Pope turn heel? I have my suspicions about his true intentions in his current storyline (collecting money for kids) but I don't recall anything happening with that as of yet. As far as his fued with Abyss...HE LOST! You know some time faces do lose fueds to the heels and just move on but maybe you're so use to what WWE has been doing lately that you've forgetten that. There was nothing quick about that feud, the better man just won. Joe and Pope might actually still be going on since we haven't seen Joe on tv for awhile and have seen Pope doing shady things backstage.

IN FACT: Like a week ago, Joe caught Pope in a stripe club and questioned what he was really doing with the money he's been collecting

Necroyeti
01-12-2011, 02:58 PM
everyone who participated in this thread (including myself)
http://i.imgur.com/bVNTg.jpg

SilverGhost
01-12-2011, 03:01 PM
All of the above and also guys being on tv for less than six months and getting World Title shots (Sheamus, Barrett, Del Rio), underutilized talent (Christian, Mark Henry, Morrison, Gail Kim, R-Truth etc), Miz being champion, useless and uninteresting promos, poor women's division, the lack of charisma in these new wrestlers (from their names down to their generic personalities) and the shallow storylines!

Sheamus has stopped getting title shots.
Barrett is at SD! Doubtful that he is going to get a title shot now.
Del Rio has earned title shots but not the title.

We know that Vinnie isn't going to push Christian but that may change soon.
Mark Henry is there to put people over and he doesn't mind it(don't know why)
Morrison is being used properly. His last matches are proof.
R-Truth is great talent, don't get me wrong but WWE has him in mid cards.

Miz being champ is actually refreshing. I don't want to see the obvious two being champs.
The womens division is getting there. Its going to take time.

lack of charisma.....still with that Daniel Bryan thing? No entertainment but not knowing his wrestling? Some of these new guys came from where Bryan was. In the Indies. TNA has given tryouts to El Generico.

Necroyeti
01-12-2011, 03:02 PM
But hey - it was either brought up here or in that one tna thread - but I gotta say this: WCW really wasn't as bad as it's made out to be.

SilverGhost
01-12-2011, 03:05 PM
But hey - it was either brought up here or in that one tna thread - but I gotta say this: WCW really wasn't as bad as it's made out to be.

I brought up the WCW thing and I am not saying WCW was bad, its just TNA is doing things that remind of it.

K-Jammin
01-12-2011, 03:07 PM

WCW kicked ass, simples. Obviously not in the ratings but fackkkk it!

thejman93
01-12-2011, 03:09 PM

WCW was awesome... somtimes... but yeah I think we forget that WCW did have it's high points.

K-Jammin
01-12-2011, 03:13 PM
WCW was awesome... somtimes... but yeah I think we forget that WCW did have it's high points.

Dont think there will ever be a better storyline than the formation of the NWO in my opinion

Xpacfan
01-12-2011, 03:23 PM

Miz being champ is actually refreshing. I don't want to see the obvious two being champs.

lack of charisma.....still with that Daniel Bryan thing? No entertainment but not knowing his wrestling? Some of these new guys came from where Bryan was. In the Indies. TNA has given tryouts to El Generico.

Everything that you said about the new guys maybe true but they shouldn't have been on the main event scene that fast. Its like proving yourself to be championship material is no longer the journey it use to be! It was fun taking that journey with wrestlers back in the Attitude Era (Rock, Jericho, Stone Cold, HHH), it took those guys years and several other titles to solidify their spot on the main event scene and THEN become champion!

For the other talents...excuses, excuses, excuses! Those explainations may work for you but they don't for me and is why I don't watch the shows anymore. Christian and Mark Henry are being buried...PERIOD! Morrison is five times as talented as Miz, had put in more time and yet is still in limbo between the mid card and main event scene. R-Truth is being held back to rap and dance to entertain people...not to prove himself as a legitamite personality and superstar. I've seen him when given the chance to be both and he definately has what it takes

The only thing refreshing about Miz being champion is John Cena not being champion imo. Miz is a joke! He does nothing particularly well for it to be convincing that he can hang with the much bigger guys on the main event scene. Since being champion, he's fueded with the like of The King...like I said, A JOKE! They had to move Morrison up to the main event scene just to make Miz look legitamite. Against guys like HHH, Jericho, Orton, Big Show, Undertaker, Kane...he'd be eaten alive or those guys would have to seriously go all out to put him over!

I'm not just talking about Daniel Bryan, I'm talking about anyone who walks around with a first and last name as a heel and/or is super smug/arrogant (Dolph Ziggler, Del Rio, every member of Nexus, Zack Ryder, Cody Rodes, Ted Debiase) and as a face is gives generic "good guy speeches" (Daneil Bryan, Randy Orton, Evan Borne, Kofi Kingston). Where's the creativity?! Where's the charisma?! C.M. Punk is very refreshing in this category!

Jayoholic
01-12-2011, 03:33 PM
lol @ feeling betrayed...hilarious.

SilverGhost
01-12-2011, 03:42 PM
Everything that you said about the new guys maybe true but they shouldn't have been on the main event scene that fast. Its like proving yourself to be championship material is no longer the journey it use to be! It was fun taking that journey with wrestlers back in the Attitude Era (Rock, Jericho, Stone Cold, HHH), it took those guys years and several other titles to solidify their spot on the main event scene and THEN become champion!

For the other talents...excuses, excuses, excuses! Those explainations may work for you but they don't for me and is why I don't watch the shows anymore. Christian and Mark Henry are being buried...PERIOD! Morrison is five times as talented as Miz, had put in more time and yet is still in limbo between the mid card and main event scene. R-Truth is being held back to rap and dance to entertain people...not to prove himself as a legitamite personality and superstar. I've seen him when given the chance to be both and he definately has what it takes

The only thing refreshing about Miz being champion is John Cena not being champion imo. Miz is a joke! He does nothing particularly well for it to be convincing that he can hang with the much bigger guys on the main event scene. Since being champion, he's fueded with the like of The King...like I said, A JOKE! They had to move Morrison up to the main event scene just to make Miz look legitamite. Against guys like HHH, Jericho, Orton, Big Show, Undertaker, Kane...he'd be eaten alive or those guys would have to seriously go all out to put him over!

I'm not just talking about Daniel Bryan, I'm talking about anyone who walks around with a first and last name as a heel and/or is super smug/arrogant (Dolph Ziggler, Del Rio, every member of Nexus, Zack Ryder, Cody Rodes, Ted Debiase) and as a face is gives generic "good guy speeches" (Daneil Bryan, Randy Orton, Evan Borne, Kofi Kingston). Where's the creativity?! Where's the charisma?! C.M. Punk is very refreshing in this category!

Some of these guys are championship material. But I do agree that they have a long way to go.

Christian buried? I haven't seen a burial since he got back.

Morrison is better than the Miz but these two has earned their spots in the main event. It takes time. As you said, not that fast. If WWE pushed Miz for the WWE championship then they may be on to something.

As for R-Truth, I know that TNA has taken him seriously and I would like for him to shine as well, unfortunately this IS the WWE we are talking about.

As for the last part, its WWE PG. They have to tone it down for the kids. You can't really blame them. Predictable and obvious it is, some of the stuff is good. CM Punk and Jericho being the best at mocking the crowd better than the rest of the heels but since it is PG, kids want to see some sort of heros.

We may not like it, but you can't deny some of these guys wrestling skills.

Tim
01-12-2011, 03:50 PM
Several points:

Both WWE and TNA has some major issues. WWE repeatedly drops the ball with talent, with Lo-Ki being just one of the most recent examples. They have an awful lot of crap storylines. Other storylines start off great, then they ruin them or just drop them entirely. If they had a solid product though, it wouldn't matter if they were PG or not. Then you have TNA that has a lot more younger talent, although they are severely underpaid, and many have been pushed aside or even released to make room for wrestlers that used to be in the WWE. Their drug testing program is a joke, and it's going to come back to haunt them at some point. As someone said, they're a lot like WCW, but not WCW in it's prime. They're like the WCW when they tried to imitate the attitude era because they were getting beat in the Monday Night Wars. WCW in it's prime beat both TNA and WWE today.

Both the WWE and TNA have some serious problems. Many are internal, but some are external as well. The market for wrestling isn't there like it was in the 90's. Steroids and drug abuse among wrestlers was a poorly kept secret then, but it was basically ignored. This was the era that started the entire "extreme" trend, long before the word "extreme" became somewhat of a joke. The WWE wasn't a publicly traded company, the USA network was known for lowbrow shows, and the term "wardrobe malfunction" hadn't been coined yet.

The WWE could not get away with the Attitude Era today. Not on USA, not on SyFy, not on WGN. TNA gets way with their stuff because they are on SpikeTV, a channel already known for their juvenile antics. If TNA grows, they'll have to tone down their act. Conversely, if WWE gets demoted to lesser channels, they'll probably loosen the PG thing in an attempt to raise ratings. Things are why they are now for a reason.

Xpacfan
01-12-2011, 03:54 PM
Some of these guys are championship material. But I do agree that they have a long way to go.

Christian buried? I haven't seen a burial since he got back.

Morrison is better than the Miz but these two has earned their spots in the main event. It takes time. As you said, not that fast. If WWE pushed Miz for the WWE championship then they may be on to something.

As for R-Truth, I know that TNA has taken him seriously and I would like for him to shine as well, unfortunately this IS the WWE we are talking about.

As for the last part, its WWE PG. They have to tone it down for the kids. You can't really blame them. Predictable and obvious it is, some of the stuff is good. CM Punk and Jericho being the best at mocking the crowd better than the rest of the heels but since it is PG, kids want to see some sort of heros.

We may not like it, but you can't deny some of these guys wrestling skills.

I also haven't seen a World title around Christian's waste since the now defunt ECW title! I've already given my view on why it is Miz was even brought into the WWE and pushed...I don't feel like getting into that again. TNA took R-Truth SO SERIOUSLY, they made him their first champion! WWE seemed to have never taken him seriously, not even as K-Kwik.

Yeah I can blame WWE for going PG in the first place. A more well rounded product would be better. Someone else once posted a really good idea...make Raw the edgier show and leave Smackdown! PG. That's one step to making things well rounded and catering to more than one demographic.

I never denied that any of these guys can wrestle (though John Cena and Miz are questionable to me) but none of it is as entertaining as it used to be. When it comes to being entertained by the in-ring product, TNA is doing it better for me. WWE has become so slow paced and restricted.

Xpacfan
01-12-2011, 03:55 PM
WCW in it's prime beat both TNA and WWE today.

I can definately agree with this

The WWE could not get away with the Attitude Era today.

Why not? They have in the past and programming on USA and SyFy hasn't gotten that much more "suffiticated over the years! If its bringing in ratings and money, these networks would definately air a much more edgier product. I don't think TNA has to tone anything down once they get bigger. They've already tone down obvious stuff like the F'Bombs and girls dancing in cages but that was more extreme than attitude era stuff anyway.

gohan
01-12-2011, 03:56 PM
miz is joke you saw how scared he by orton he looked he was going to pee in his pants he is a champ in my book not shemus nither these have gotten lucky big wining one big or cash in money in the bank same thing wade barret he is not the guys who should main eveters is john morriosn
r truh same thing with Christian , evan brune , kofi , these guys have paid there dues and yet the miz is a joke he got lucky he weould not survive agist
hhh , big show , jerico , under taker same think with shemus he sucks he thinks that he is a big deal becase he one won a blet wwe have let us wwe down the peolpe who we want to a event is not but we are forced to watch john cena hhh and orton and thats it a i miss the attide era of wrestilng that was cool not pg

thejman93
01-12-2011, 04:01 PM
miz is joke you saw how scared he by orton he looked he was going to pee in his pants he is a champ in my book not shemus nither these have gotten lucky big wining one big or cash in money in the bank same thing wade barret he is not the guys who should main eveters is john morriosn
r truh same thing with Christian , evan brune , kofi , these guys have paid there dues and yet the miz is a joke he got lucky he weould not survive agist
hhh , big show , jerico , under taker same think with shemus he sucks he thinks that he is a big deal becase he one won a blet wwe have let us wwe down the peolpe who we want to a event is not but we are forced to watch john cena hhh and orton and thats it a i miss the attide era of wrestilng that was cool not pg

Spell check much?

Jayoholic
01-12-2011, 04:04 PM

It's called playing a character. Most heels, especially those who are inferior in size are for the most part supposed to play the cowardly role. Not everyone have to be monstrous and dominant. As far as you bringing up R-Truth & Evan Bourne...excuse me while I log off and laugh.

SilverGhost
01-12-2011, 04:09 PM
I also haven't seen a World title around Christian's waste since the now defunt ECW title! I've already given my view on why it is Miz was even brought into the WWE and pushed...I don't feel like getting into that again. TNA took R-Truth SO SERIOUSLY, they made him their first champion! WWE seemed to have never taken him seriously, not even as K-Kwik.

Yeah I can blame WWE for going PG in the first place. A more well rounded product would be better. Someone else once posted a really good idea...make Raw the edgier show and leave Smackdown! PG. That's one step to making things well rounded and catering to more than one demographic.

I never denied that any of these guys can wrestle (though John Cena and Miz are questionable to me) but none of it is as entertaining as it used to be. When it comes to being entertained by the in-ring product, TNA is doing it better for me. WWE has become so slow paced and restricted.

I told you Christian's case: Vinnie won't push him. It would be great if he did but he is out due to injury so time can only tell or if HHH tells Vinnie its a good idea to push Christian.

As for R-Truth, thats WWE playing and favoring "Entertainment" than "wrestling". I don't like it either but its WWE's call.

One show being TV-14 and the other PG would be a great idea but the problem is doing that NOW would be impossible since the kids watch Raw for some unknown reason.....you know who. Its a business decision. They aren't doing it to piss off fans, they are doing it for money. Kids=money.
We can't change that.

You know very well why its slow. Its the kids. BUT that doesn't mean that they can't put great product. Guys like Morrison, Bryan, Ziggler, Punk, Gabriel, Tyson, Bourne etc can make WRESTLING by itself exciting to watch.

Xpacfan
01-12-2011, 04:20 PM
As far as you bringing up R-Truth & Evan Bourne...excuse me while I log off and laugh.

They're better wrestlers than Miz and Cena!

Xpacfan
01-12-2011, 04:22 PM
I told you Christian's case: Vinnie won't push him. It would be great if he did but he is out due to injury so time can only tell or if HHH tells Vinnie its a good idea to push Christian.

As for R-Truth, thats WWE playing and favoring "Entertainment" than "wrestling". I don't like it either but its WWE's call.

One show being TV-14 and the other PG would be a great idea but the problem is doing that NOW would be impossible since the kids watch Raw for some unknown reason.....you know who. Its a business decision. They aren't doing it to piss off fans, they are doing it for money. Kids=money.
We can't change that.

You know very well why its slow. Its the kids. BUT that doesn't mean that they can't put great product. Guys like Morrison, Bryan, Ziggler, Punk, Gabriel, Tyson, Bourne etc can make WRESTLING by itself exciting to watch.

Everything that you are saying is absoultely true and is EXACTLY why I don't watch the WWE

SilverGhost
01-12-2011, 04:26 PM
Everything that you are saying is absoultely true and is EXACTLY why I don't watch the WWE

Even with said things, its not a bad product. I would say the same for TNA but I will say one positive that matters for both: The wrestling in the ring is good to watch.

Bennyladd1
01-12-2011, 04:27 PM

i agree that its not as good anymore, raw was boring this week, but why not watch smackdown..? its actually the better show in my opinion, last weeks was awesome

Iron Ape
01-12-2011, 04:29 PM
Is it just a coincidence that Xpacfan is every bit as obnoxious and unlikeable as Sean Waltman?

thejman93
01-12-2011, 04:31 PM
i agree that its not as good anymore, raw was boring this week, but why not watch smackdown..? its actually the better show in my opinion, last weeks was awesome

WHAT? The return of HBK, Cena saying ass, a good (for what it was) main event, and the initiations of CMNexus didn't make for a good show in your eyes?

SilverGhost
01-12-2011, 04:32 PM
Is it just a coincidence that Xpacfan is every bit as obnoxious and unlikeable as Sean Waltman?

Erm....I would be surprised if he(Xpacfan) was actually him xD

thejman93
01-12-2011, 04:34 PM

If it is him can I say somthing? FUCK YOU WALTMAN!!

Bennyladd1
01-12-2011, 04:35 PM

i hope your wrong about wade barrett, his move to smackdown should push him as a singles competitor, hopefully when he destroys bigshow at the end of their feud he will go on and take the WHC somehow

SilverGhost
01-12-2011, 04:37 PM
i hope your wrong about wade barrett, his move to smackdown should push him as a singles competitor, hopefully when he destroys bigshow at the end of their feud he will go on and take the WHC somehow

You better not read the spoilers....

Iron Ape
01-12-2011, 04:39 PM
Yeah, that's not really what I was getting at. I was wondering more along the lines of whether he was intentionally modeling his posting behavior after his hero or not.

SilverGhost
01-12-2011, 04:40 PM
Yeah, that's not really what I was getting at. I was wondering more along the lines of whether he was intentionally modeling his posting behavior after his hero or not.

I would say yes but he has some points.

Bennyladd1
01-12-2011, 04:46 PM
WHAT? The return of HBK, Cena saying ass, a good (for what it was) main event, and the initiations of CMNexus didn't make for a good show in your eyes?

well it wasnt as good as last weeks raw in my opinion, i loved the HBK part but that was about it, nexus for me atm isnt as good anymore without wade as leader

thejman93
01-12-2011, 04:51 PM
well it wasnt as good as last weeks raw in my opinion, i loved the HBK part but that was about it, nexus for me atm isnt as good anymore without wade as leader

The whole Nexus thing is starting to go around in circles a little bit but I'm hoping the genius of CM Punk can breath some life back into it

Jayoholic
01-12-2011, 04:54 PM
They're better wrestlers than Miz and Cena!

They can jump higher, I'll give you that.

thejman93
01-12-2011, 04:56 PM
You better not read the spoilers....

I just did. Saturday morning should be fun around here...

Bennyladd1
01-12-2011, 04:56 PM
The whole Nexus thing is starting to go around in circles a little bit but I'm hoping the genius of CM Punk can breath some life back into it

yeah i think they could make it better once cena is out of the way, no idea if this will happen but i would like to see New Nexus (punk, mcgcgcgcillicutty, husky and otunga) vs Nexus (wade, slater, gabriel and skipp sheffield? if he returns) in a match at mania, it would be awesome in my opinion and could either decide who the true nexus leader is or it could be the demise of the group for ever..but i have a feeling cena will still be in the picture by then and ruin that possible storyline

Xpacfan
01-12-2011, 04:58 PM

To make a personal attack against someone is even more obnoxious and unlikeable. What did I say that qualified as either?

SilverGhost
01-12-2011, 04:58 PM
I just did. Saturday morning should be fun around here...

Well....lol xD

Xpacfan
01-12-2011, 05:00 PM
They can jump higher, I'll give you that.

In addition to having a wider and much more advanced array of moves at their disposal.

The Brown One
01-12-2011, 05:01 PM
Wow SG I came here thinking that this thread would have some great opinions about if WWE has betrayed us or not. And I haven't been disappointed! Reading 4 pages of an argument for your respective companies, and the state of WWE etc. was enjoyable and I commend you for that.

Lets agree on something. Both companies have their strong points, and faults. As for the spoilers, they have been pissing me off. People just blurt it out in threads of that topic, instead of putting it in the spoiler section.

thejman93
01-12-2011, 05:03 PM
yeah i think they could make it better once cena is out of the way, no idea if this will happen but i would like to see New Nexus (punk, mcgcgcgcillicutty, husky and otunga) vs Nexus (wade, slater, gabriel and skipp sheffield? if he returns) in a match at mania, it would be awesome in my opinion and could either decide who the true nexus leader is or it could be the demise of the group for ever..but i have a feeling cena will still be in the picture by then and ruin that possible storyline

ya never know

Bennyladd1
01-12-2011, 05:05 PM
ya never know

hmm might do..just looking forward to seeing wade's new entrance and theme

SilverGhost
01-12-2011, 05:09 PM
Wow SG I came here thinking that this thread would have some great opinions about if WWE has betrayed us or not. And I haven't been disappointed! Reading 4 pages of an argument for your respective companies, and the state of WWE etc. was enjoyable and I commend you for that.

Lets agree on something. Both companies have their strong points, and faults. As for the spoilers, they have been pissing me off. People just blurt it out in threads of that topic, instead of putting it in the spoiler section.

TBO I do bash both products but even I know both have the ability to put great product in this world. Its just both are bad in their storylines.

Their wrestling is great its just WWE needs to change up the poster boys obviousness, make the tag team belts credible and remake the division, make the womens divison good and other things.

TNA needs to be consistent on the storylines again. That whole Pope ending the feud with Abyss too quick was a "WTF" for me and about to go at it with Joe? That Jeff thing. And now Matt Hardy? For TNA, Matt>Shelton?

Iron Ape
01-12-2011, 05:13 PM
To make a personal attack against someone is even more obnoxious and unlikeable. What did I say that qualified as either?
- your juvenile ranting and raving

- your positing of unsubstantive opinions as being factual

- your insistence that people who find things to like in the current WWE product are "marks" or clearly in denial

All of these things are obnoxious and unlikeable, and you're personally guilty of each. So, really, I wasn't making an attack so much as I was simply making an observation. For all I know, you could be a terrific person in real life, but nothing about the way that you're conducting yourself here would indicate such.

thejman93
01-12-2011, 05:19 PM

- your insistence that people who find things to like in the current WWE product are "marks" or clearly in denial

All of these things are obnoxious and unlikeable, and you're personally guilty of each. So, really, I wasn't making an attack so much as I was simply making an observation. For all I know, you could be a terrific person in real life, but nothing about the way that you're conducting yourself here would indicate such.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_DPtfyN9i4pQ/TLTU2-MeTiI/AAAAAAAAD2U/AdkyVgwS9QE/s1600/I_like_that_ZING.gif

Xpacfan
01-12-2011, 05:25 PM

- Sounds like an opinion and aren't you the one name calling?

- I have substantually backed my opinions...if you lack the ability to read or comprehend them, that's not my problem. Blame it on the American public school system.

- That would be one of those "unsubstantive opinions", which your whole post seems to be based on.

I'm conducting myself as a person with a strong opinion who strongly stands by it. If that's intimidating or off-putting to you, again I can't do anything for you. I'm not flaming against anyone or trolling the boards...so if anyone is posting "unsubstantive opinions" here, its you. Your personal view of me is irrelevant and off topic, so go stand in the mirror and re-read your original post out loud to yourself and replace "Xpacfan" with "Iron Ape"

SilverGhost
01-12-2011, 05:35 PM
Oooh....a match with Iron Ape?

$$$ Maker
01-12-2011, 05:39 PM
So far I been hearing how pg is shit Blah Blah Blah WWE is for Kids Blah Blah Blah so I started to think that Raw should be Pg 14 and keep Smackdown as Pg with Cena in it. So WWE can keep both older fans and the younger fans. So what do you guys think.

SilverGhost
01-12-2011, 05:41 PM
As you read, from the other thread....I say its not a bad idea but doing it now....no.

MattElder
01-12-2011, 05:47 PM
Can we have a facebook like for situations like this!!! well said xpacfan

thejman93
01-12-2011, 05:49 PM
Can we have a facebook like for situations like this!!! well said xpacfan

I say we call up Vince, get the Hell in a Cell, and have some fun

MattElder
01-12-2011, 06:06 PM
I say we call up Vince, get the Hell in a Cell, and have some fun

Hell in a Cell is for a end of the fued this one is just getting started lol

ihearvoices
01-12-2011, 06:11 PM
I just want to say i hate TNA not because im a huge WWE fan believe they have drop the ball many times. But the reason i hate TNA so much is because they have so much talent on their roster but choice to keep pushing washed up people and sign WWE's midcards who wasn't that special to begin with. I remember the first time seeing TNA i loved it but after Hogan and the rest of these wash up people jumped ship i did the same and jump ship back to watching WWE program. just saying

K-Jammin
01-12-2011, 06:13 PM
Guys Guys Guys where's the love? let's just all blaze a nice doobie and chill, you dig?

thejman93
01-12-2011, 06:19 PM

haha, very true

thejman93
01-12-2011, 06:22 PM
Guys Guys Guys where's the love? let's just all blaze a nice doobie and chill, you dig?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRGd0gD0QNE

ihearvoices
01-12-2011, 06:28 PM
ITs all good over here haha

Iron Ape
01-12-2011, 06:29 PM
- Sounds like an opinion and aren't you the one name calling?
Names are nouns, dude. No names/nouns were uttered in the phrase "juvenile ranting and raving". So, no, I'm not the one doing the name calling, as there hasn't even been any. Yet.

- I have substantually backed my opinions...if you lack the ability to read or comprehend them, that's not my problem. Blame it on the American public school system.
No, substantially backed opinions have, you know, actual substance. There's a huge difference between that and just saying a bunch of things, but you've made it abundantly clear that you can't/don't recognize the difference there. Walls of text mean nothing when the interior of said structures are almost completely without merit. The fundamentals of nearly all your assertions are structured upon bias and ignorance. You just kind of, well, say stuff. Obnoxiously. And that's unlikeable.

And just a heads-up, you might not want to conjure the failings of the American public school system in the same tirade where you demonstrate that you yourself do not know how to spell. *cough* substantially *cough*

- That would be one of those "unsubstantive opinions", which your whole post seems to be based on.
No, people can actually go back and read your first post on page 2 and substantiate my claim for themselves. You completely mischaracterize the majority of the people who post here, and your leaps of logic are right there for everyone to see (again, see your first post on page 2). So if that's what you think my entire post is based on (HINT: it's not), then I'm in pretty great shape.

I'm conducting myself as a person with a strong opinion who strongly stands by it. If that's intimidating or off-putting to you, again I can't do anything for you. I'm not flaming against anyone or trolling the boards...so if anyone is posting "unsubstantive opinions" here, its you.
How is your insulting the intelligence of others NOT supposed to be construed as flaming? I mean, do you even see/believe the stuff that you're writing? Seriously?

Your personal view of me is irrelevant and off topic, so go stand in the mirror and re-read your original post out loud to yourself and replace "Xpacfan" with "Iron Ape"
You're contradicting yourself here, because people don't go to great lengths to address things that they truly find irrelevant. Might I suggest you try selling that nonsense to someone who's buying it.

And the replace "Xpacfan" with "Iron Ape" stuff is the message board equivalent of the "I know you are, but what am I?" tactics that grade school kids taunt each other with at recess. As an adult, you should be embarrassed to publicly flaunt such foolishness. Seriously, if that's all the better you can do, don't even try.

Necroyeti
01-12-2011, 06:36 PM
Oh boy I love a good flame war
http://67.18.219.83/image_hosting/web_pages/godofwine77/Co-Signs/MJ-Thriller.gif

ihearvoices
01-12-2011, 06:42 PM
So far I been hearing how pg is shit Blah Blah Blah WWE is for Kids Blah Blah Blah so I started to think that Raw should be Pg 14 and keep Smackdown as Pg with Cena in it. So WWE can keep both older fans and the younger fans. So what do you guys think.

I think it wouldnt work just for the fact they wont take their star player cena To their B show smackdown also right now Vince is making Alot of money off those kids who watch WWE so i doubt he will risk losing that fan base(money) just to make WWE's older fan base happy...Well let me rephrase that the WWE fans who miss how wrestling was in the 90s

Rockstar83
01-12-2011, 06:43 PM
WWE may be PG13 and TNA might be TV14 but my banner below as of right now can lead into TVMA! lol

HolyJose2391
01-12-2011, 06:44 PM
a few years ago it used to be like that. Raw was TV-14 since it was on later and Smackdown was TV-PG. on the subject of PG. I'm ok with it who needs all the blood sex and violence. IMO this allows for some of the stars to show their athletic ability without being subjected to something risque. That is of course if WWE would focus on the talent

Iron Ape
01-12-2011, 06:47 PM
How would that work when both brands are featured at PPVs? All that would lead to is people complaining about compromise and how they want either one or the other.

KJ PUNK
01-12-2011, 06:49 PM
Good grief how many threads can we make in one day about WWE being PG

Iron Ape
01-12-2011, 06:53 PM
Good grief how many threads can we make in one day about WWE being PG
Just as long as some people continue to equate blade-jobs, bad words, and gratuitous silicone with quality wrestling, we'll never hear the end of it.

ihearvoices
01-12-2011, 06:55 PM
honestly this is the difference between WWe and TNA...TNA is trying to relive in the glory days...While WWE is thinking whats the next big thing...Also really think about this what if WWe made all the changes we asked for...There will still be people complaining and also you cant always think what the fans want you got to think whats good for the biz and PG is the best thing for the biz right now. If you want PG14 then you can call up you local cable provider and ask to order WWE Demand...it has alot of stuff you might like or you can just tune in on spike tv and watch TNA live and see washed up WWE rejects fight it out and be "Edgey"

SaberToothTigerz
01-12-2011, 07:01 PM

oh my god.....

thejman93
01-12-2011, 07:04 PM
I think this thread needs a big fat....... http://cdn2.knowyourmeme.com/i/000/061/954/original/Kobe-U-Mad.jpg

ihearvoices
01-12-2011, 07:08 PM
I find it funny how people Bash the Miz atleast hes a dependable champion and not a drug addict...(jeff hardy,RVD) like come on TNA 2 champions in a row..TNa doesnt have control or power over their wrestlers they are just WCW version 2 only difference is Vince wont waste a dime buying the company cause its not worth it

The Brown One
01-12-2011, 07:10 PM
How would that work when both brands are featured at PPVs? All that would lead to is people complaining about compromise and how they want either one or the other.

Exactly. And nowadays talent goes from brand to brand without even a reason many times. It wouldn't make sense with both brands having different ratings. All you would get is complaining about how its too violent/not violent enough etc.

El_Dandy_LWO
01-12-2011, 07:13 PM
honestly this is the difference between WWe and TNA...TNA is trying to relive in the glory days...While WWE is thinking whats the next big thing...Also really think about this what if WWe made all the changes we asked for...There will still be people complaining and also you cant always think what the fans want you got to think whats good for the biz and PG is the best thing for the biz right now. If you want PG14 then you can call up you local cable provider and ask to order WWE Demand...it has alot of stuff you might like or you can just tune in on spike tv and watch TNA live and see washed up WWE rejects fight it out and be "Edgey"

What are you talking about? That stuff TNA is doing is cool! I cant wait for Kai En Tai to show up on Impact, tie up Hogan, and chop his weiner off on live television...

The Brown One
01-12-2011, 07:25 PM

Oh God.

And just a heads-up, you might not want to conjure the failings of the American public school system in the same tirade where you demonstrate that you yourself do not know how to spell. *cough* substantially *cough*

Spell Check is his friend!
And Iron Ape you have defended yourself well, in a respectful manner. Unlike some people.

I find it funny how people Bash the Miz atleast hes a dependable champion and not a drug addict...(jeff hardy,RVD) like come on TNA 2 champions in a row..TNa doesnt have control or power over their wrestlers they are just WCW version 2 only difference is Vince wont waste a dime buying the company cause its not worth it

Yeah its not only about the wrestling now. Wrestling companies also need to protect their image, and not get into trouble, so people will keep watching their wrestling. The Miz is a good example of this. Sure he gets drunk at parties and all. But I'm sure hes got a ride back to his hotel, or a taxi, and its just common nowadays. Whereas RVD and Sabu are well known for being druggies. And the world will soon know about Jeffs wrongdoings once they find out hes doing time.

SilverGhost
01-12-2011, 08:26 PM
Names are nouns, dude. No names/nouns were uttered in the phrase "juvenile ranting and raving". So, no, I'm not the one doing the name calling, as there hasn't even been any. Yet.

No, substantially backed opinions have, you know, actual substance. There's a huge difference between that and just saying a bunch of things, but you've made it abundantly clear that you can't/don't recognize the difference there. Walls of text mean nothing when the interior of said structures are almost completely without merit. The fundamentals of nearly all your assertions are structured upon bias and ignorance. You just kind of, well, say stuff. Obnoxiously. And that's unlikeable.

No, people can actually go back and read your first post on page 2 and substantiate my claim for themselves. You completely mischaracterize the majority of the people who post here, and your leaps of logic are right there for everyone to see (again, see your first post on page 2). So if that's what you think my entire post is based on (HINT: it's not), then I'm in pretty great shape.

How is your insulting the intelligence of others NOT supposed to be construed as flaming? I mean, do you even see/believe the stuff that you're writing? Seriously?

You're contradicting yourself here, because people don't go to great lengths to address things that they truly find irrelevant. Might I suggest you try selling that nonsense to someone who's buying it.

And the replace "Xpacfan" with "Iron Ape" stuff is the message board equivalent of the "I know you are, but what am I?" tactics that grade school kids taunt each other with at recess. As an adult, you should be embarrassed to publicly flaunt such foolishness. Seriously, if that's all the better you can do, don't even try.

Oh man.....burn.

Rockstar83
01-12-2011, 08:32 PM
Um, Hello don't they know that Blood and Sex sells? come on now! Just throw in a few nipple slips here an there and watch the ratings go up! UP! Up like superman! ha ha

SilverGhost
01-12-2011, 08:35 PM
What are you talking about? That stuff TNA is doing is cool! I cant wait for Kai En Tai to show up on Impact, tie up Hogan, and chop his weiner off on live television...

This is the reason why kids shouldn't do drugs.

Iron Ape
01-12-2011, 08:43 PM
Um, Hello don't they know that Blood and Sex sells? come on now! Just throw in a few nipple slips here an there and watch the ratings go up! UP! Up like superman! ha ha
You know what generates more money than blood and sex? Merchandise aimed at children. And, no, ratings would not go up; if anything, blood and sex would alienate much of the existing viewership. The audiences of yesterday have moved onto other products for their blood and sex fix, and WWE has adjusted accordingly.

Viperfish
01-12-2011, 08:44 PM
I think the Attitude Era set wrestling back to be honest. Sure, it was great while it lasted and I loved wrestling more than ever during that era but it's something that just wouldn't last in my opinion. Wrestling never needed to be over the PG rating to be successful and entertaining. Many of you never consider that there's a younger generation of people that like their wrestling, as a lot of you did in the 80s, and both saw it and got hooked when it was PG. I'm sure people that grew up with wrestling in the 60s and 70s would say the same about the 80s. The Attitude Era did a lot of good things for the business but it also skyrocketed everyone's expectations on pretty much every facet of the business. It launched the bar way too high, and we are where we are now because of it. I think it was the talent during that time more than the era itself. Stone Cold, Rock, Mick Foley, HBK, Undertaker, HHH, the Dudleys, APA, Edge, Christian, the Hardys, Jericho, Benoit, Kurt Angle, Booker T, Goldust, Trish, Lita, Jacqueline, Ivory, and even Shane O Mac was pretty good. All of them were in their prime too. Even the uber-gimmicked wrestlers like the Hurricane/Rosey were massively entertaining. Stone Cold probably needed the Attitude era, Goldust too I suppose, but everyone else could get by without it.

The Brown One
01-12-2011, 08:46 PM
Apes right on this. Its too late now to risk changing their style, to accommodate fans who loved the adulterated action.

El_Dandy_LWO
01-12-2011, 09:00 PM
This is the reason why kids shouldn't do drugs.

Youre just mad because you didnt come up with that first...you will always be number 2 next to EL DANDY!!!!

El_Dandy_LWO
01-12-2011, 09:03 PM
Youre just mad because you didnt come up with that first...you will always be number 2 next to EL DANDY!!!!

Get it? Number 2! I am really funny, funiest person i know is me!

Rassling_Fan
01-12-2011, 09:15 PM
I think it was the talent during that time more than the era itself. Stone Cold, Rock, Mick Foley, HBK, Undertaker, HHH, the Dudleys, APA, Edge, Christian, the Hardys, Jericho, Benoit, Kurt Angle, Booker T, Goldust, Trish, Lita, Jacqueline, Ivory, and even Shane O Mac was pretty good. All of them were in their prime too. Even the uber-gimmicked wrestlers like the Hurricane/Rosey were massively entertaining. Stone Cold probably needed the Attitude era, Goldust too I suppose, but everyone else could get by without it.

My thoughts exactly. The Attitude era's only reason for being so popular is because of the stars themselves. Take them out of the picture and you got gimmick matches and pointless story lines. Proof of point, TNA. Has many of the things the attitude has, yet still has low ratings.

As for too soon for the titles...
The Rock won his first Intercontinental Championship in 4 months and his first World Title in 2 years.
The Miz won his first United States Championship in 4 YEARS and his first World Title in 6 Years!

How is it too soon for the Miz?

For TNA, the only reason I stopped watching it was because of their poor treatment of their talent! (http://www.cagesideseats.com/2010/9/29/1719902/an-examination-of-tnas-appalling-treatment-of-talent) Once I hear they get paid better then I'll get back to watching it despite it's problems. And for saying "Immortal doesn't win all the time", their last PPV had them winning every match except one and that reason was because they need the title off of Jeff asap. Ruins the argument of them not winning all the time. And about them pushing talent: Desmond Wolfe. He was voted to be #1 contender by the fans, lost the match in 5 minutes and was never given another shot again, not good enough to be in Fortune, and is currently stuck in the tag team division when he first arrived to be a rival to KURT FRIKKIN ANGLE! How is that pushing?

Finally, did WWE slap their fans in the face? No. They're going back to before the attitude era when it was more for a family entertainment and less about blood and swearing.

Tommy Thunder
01-12-2011, 09:27 PM
I thought about this idea a while back, with RAW and Smackdown staying Pg and have the ECW brand as a Tv 14 brand with it's own PPVs. But since WWECW closed, that's a dead idea. I then thought about having Smackdown as the Tv 14 brand and keep RAW as Pg, but like Ape said, it wouldn't work with PPVs. And again like Ape said, Pg is making money for WWE, so why change it?
Perhaps when the WWE network that's in the works is up and running, we'll see some programming aimed at a Tv 14 and older audience and separate programming aimed at a Pg audience. But for now, and until then, we have to make do with what we have.
Anyway, WWE 2011 so far has been very good IMO, so I'm not complaining!!

Necroyeti
01-12-2011, 10:39 PM
As for too soon for the titles...
The Rock won his first Intercontinental Championship in 4 months and his first World Title in 2 years.
The Miz won his first United States Championship in 4 YEARS and his first World Title in 6 Years!
Decent point, but worth noting that most fans generally hated this shit back then too y'know. Let's not forget that The Rock was utterly despised by the fans for most of those two years, heel or face, mostly because he was overexpossed and overpushed. The fact that Rocky Maivia and the early Rock character were both duller than bags of rocks certaily didn't help either.

But you... you already know that.

Going off on a tangent: I just think one could draw some interesting parallels between Dwayne's early career and guys like Drew McIntyre. Which begs the question: if someone boring like Drew started to become scarily awesome at cutting promos, could he eventually become super-over the way The Rock did? Sometimes - although he never had the same initial overexposure as Rock or Drew - I think The Miz is a few promos and a face turn away from accomplishing this feat, to some degree.

That's all conjecture, off course, but I guess the moral of that paragraph is: looking at the short term in WWE really tells you jack shit. Chin up and be optimistic. (Unless you REALLY fuckin' hate it, in which case stop watching)

Oh god why am i getting involved in this thread ;_;

The Brown One
01-12-2011, 10:45 PM
I thought about this idea a while back, with RAW and Smackdown staying Pg and have the ECW brand as a Tv 14 brand with it's own PPVs. But since WWECW closed, that's a dead idea. I then thought about having Smackdown as the Tv 14 brand and keep RAW as Pg, but like Ape said, it wouldn't work with PPVs. And again like Ape said, Pg is making money for WWE, so why change it?
Perhaps when the WWE network that's in the works is up and running, we'll see some programming aimed at a Tv 14 and older audience and separate programming aimed at a Pg audience. But for now, and until then, we have to make do with what we have.
Anyway, WWE 2011 so far has been very good IMO, so I'm not complaining!!

I was happy with how it was going at the end of last year. This year so far has been even better!

SilverGhost
01-12-2011, 10:48 PM

I am SOOOOO jealous/Sarcasm.jpg

HeelTurn
01-13-2011, 07:46 AM
So far this year we have seen a great match between Morrison and Miz, Dolph and Del Rio get pushed even more, plus the Nexus has became interesting again, and all that is under the PG banner.

K-Jammin
01-13-2011, 11:05 AM

This has nothing to do with this thread but i must say that picture of angelina love . . . YOWZAAAA!

Rassling_Fan
01-13-2011, 11:40 AM
This article brought up an interesting point... (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/569474-wwe-attitude-alarm-the-flood-gates-have-not-officially-opened-yet)

By making the announcement that WWE was going PG with their programming, they were making a very simple move: They were basically saying to the world that they were going back to the good old days. The days when wrestling was about matches and drama and not about blood and naked girls.

Notice when you watched Raw last night, or have seen things on Raw in the recent past? During the show, you were probably saying to yourself, "That's not PG!"

More likely, you were yelling it at the screen. I'm doing it and I'm sure tons of others are as well.

WWE has basically reset the clock on us and, in doing so, they've once again made even the slightest bit of violence or profanity risque again.

TNA? They bask in blood, gratuitously sexual Knockout costumes and other mature themes. They imply that Abyss actually eviscerated RVD with "Janice," they have old wrestlers like Foley and Flair bloodying each other and Madison and Tara kiss on their way into the ring.

What does it get them? Practically nothing.

WWE, on the other hand, has attempted to change its image by focusing more on young, charismatic wrestling talent, including new faces like Barrett, Bryan and Del Rio and yet, in the background, pro characters like CM Punk are upping the stakes on the "face of the company."

They've turned back time on their parental rating, and let's face it, after the massive Nielsen figures WWE was pulling in with the Attitude Era, it seemed really silly of them to pull back the parental rating to what it is now.

But in doing so, they've enabled themselves to make the simplest of things seem that much more extreme, while increasing the quality of their core wrestling talent.

They seem to be in the process of adjusting their programming so that it's risque enough to tease and intrigue grown-ups, without being so ridiculously violent that the kids can't watch it without their moms' and dads' approval.

Even hardcore TNA marks have to agree—WWE's approach is pretty genius.

Makes a great point. TNA does this all the time and doesn't get noticed. But when WWE does it it's like "Did they seriously do this?" and so forth.

Xpacfan
01-13-2011, 04:11 PM

Um...seperate ppvs. Its only been a few years since they've stop doing that.

Iron Ape
01-13-2011, 04:30 PM
Um...seperate ppvs. Its only been a few years since they've stop doing that.
And they must've stopped doing that for a reason.

Xpacfan
01-13-2011, 04:36 PM
Which is beyond me. Superstars from both brands are always crossing over which beats the purpose of the brand extention to begin with. There are already rumors about possibly unifying all the titles again. They already done it with the women's and tag titles.

Having 2 different type of shows for 2 different types of demographic groups would make the brand extention more relevant thus the logic behind seperating the ppvs again as well.

Xpacfan
01-13-2011, 04:48 PM
This article brought up an interesting point... (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/569474-wwe-attitude-alarm-the-flood-gates-have-not-officially-opened-yet)

Makes a great point. TNA does this all the time and doesn't get noticed. But when WWE does it it's like "Did they seriously do this?" and so forth.

Yeah a lot of the "mature themes" that shocked and amazed everyone between the mid-90s to early 2000s are just the norm on tv these days. I think what its really going to take for TNA to turn some heads with their current approach, is to do something(s) completely original that's never been done before...at least on the wrestling scene. This was basically the core theme of televised wrestling during the Monday Night Wars and is why I think so many people think TNA recycles storylines. They're not always recycled but some are things we've already seen done by other organizations. They started off by doing those crazy "OMG" type of things (f'bombs, regularly setting people on fire, half naked girls dancing in cages, etc) but once they got their tv deal, they got rid of a lot of the insanity. I think it would also help TNA if Spike TV hightened the quality of some its other programming as well to attract more viewers to the channel.

I for one don't mind seeing these things again but you have to do something to get the majority of people's attention

Iron Ape
01-13-2011, 04:56 PM
Which is beyond me. Superstars from both brands are always crossing over which beats the purpose of the brand extention to begin with. There are already rumors about possibly unifying all the titles again. They already done it with the women's and tag titles.

Having 2 different type of shows for 2 different types of demographic groups would make the brand extention more relevant thus the logic behind seperating the ppvs again as well.
They stopped with the separate PPVs because the secondary brand events weren't doing well on account of the brand extension alienating potential PPV audiences. By stocking each PPV with an assortment of their main talent, they were attempting to increase the chances of bringing an all-encompassing audience.

The Brown One
01-13-2011, 05:02 PM

Great find dude. Its well worded, and makes sense.

Xpacfan
01-13-2011, 05:11 PM
They stopped with the separate PPVs because the secondary brand events weren't doing well on account of the brand extension alienating potential PPV audiences. By stocking each PPV with an assortment of their main talent, they were attempting to increase the chances of bringing an all-encompassing audience.

Right because they were trying to sell both brands to the same market which as you said had many divided (and not always equally). However, when selling both brands to 2 different markets (1 per brand) then the possibility of encountering the same issue is lessened. A lot of people want to watch something family friendly and a lot people want to watch something edgy.

I don't think there would be much of a problem with finding enough people who want either of these for the secondary shows and all other seperated events to do well.

Rich Cranium
01-13-2011, 05:30 PM
Which is why the edgier stuff was usually reserved for after 10pm on Raw!

Iron Ape
01-13-2011, 06:11 PM
Right because they were trying to sell both brands to the same market which as you said had many divided (and not always equally). However, when selling both brands to 2 different markets (1 per brand) then the possibility of encountering the same issue is lessened. A lot of people want to watch something family friendly and a lot people want to watch something edgy.

I don't think there would be much of a problem with finding enough people who want either of these for the secondary shows and all other seperated events to do well.
I'm not really sure that there are a lot of people wanting to watch something edgy. Are there some? Sure. The extremely vocal presence on the internet proves such. But I sort of think that TNA's consistently stagnant numbers bolster the assertion that the blood and sex approach really only appeals to a niche market these days.

One also has to take into account how creating two dramatically different brands would present challenges when transitioning talent around. To move a character that works for a family-oriented show to one that appeals to adults, you'd almost have to begin rebuilding that character all over again. Creative already seems to struggle as it is, and I don't have a lot of faith that they would be equipped to overcome those kinds of obstacles.

Rich Cranium
01-13-2011, 06:13 PM
I'm not really sure that there are a lot of people wanting to watch something edgy. Are there some? Sure. The extremely vocal presence on the internet proves such. But I sort of think that TNA's consistently stagnant numbers bolster the assertion that the blood and sex approach really only appeals to a niche market these days.

One also has to take into account how creating two dramatically different brands would present challenges when transitioning talent around. To move a character that works for a family-oriented show to one that appeals to adults, you'd almost have to begin rebuilding that character all over again. Creative already seems to struggle as it is, and I don't have a lot of faith that they would be equipped to overcome those kinds of obstacles.

The yoda of EWN has spoken! ;)

CobraNightviper
01-13-2011, 06:36 PM
Huh you know that never crossed my mind could you see wwe superstars of today doing the attitude era stuff it probably would suck.

Rassling_Fan
01-13-2011, 10:20 PM
I think what its really going to take for TNA to turn some heads with their current approach, is to do something(s) completely original that's never been done before...at least on the wrestling scene. This was basically the core theme of televised wrestling during the Monday Night Wars and is why I think so many people think TNA recycles storylines.
I believe the success is less of the story lines and more of the people behind it. Would a boss Vs employee battle be interesting if it wasn't McMahon or Austin? Would what happened to Mick Foley work for anyone? Could anyone fill the shoes of the Rock? Would TLC be even kept if it wasn't for Edge, Christian, the Dudleys and the Hardys?

Who cares what they do unless they have people the audience want to watch. And as the ratings shows, who they currently have isn't enough.

The Brown One
01-13-2011, 11:52 PM
I believe the success is less of the story lines and more of the people behind it. Would a boss Vs employee battle be interesting if it wasn't McMahon or Austin? Would what happened to Mick Foley work for anyone? Could anyone fill the shoes of the Rock? Would TLC be even kept if it wasn't for Edge, Christian, the Dudleys and the Hardys?

Who cares what they do unless they have people the audience want to watch. And as the ratings shows, who they currently have isn't enough.

I disagree with this. TNA has picked up more than enough wrestlers in WWE that were high-midcard, or main eventers in the past. Same for ECW. People wanted to see ECW action even when it was shutdown, and purchased by WWE. TNA tries to do that, with ECW extremists Tommy Dreamer, The Dudleys, Sabu, The Sandman, RVD etc. and with the WWE wrestlers- The Steiner brothers, The Hardys, Mickie James, Kurt Angle, Mick Foley, Hulk Hogan(yes people oblivious to what hes doing to TNA still want to see him), and Ric Flair. I know that these guys have drawn big in the past, and TNA probably thought that they would do the same for their company. However, TNA has failed to use these guys right. They are used in storylines that make no sense to begin with. Or even when they go through with them, they don't follow through, and usually end storylines leaving the viewer confused or us disappointed.

nrb6304
01-13-2011, 11:58 PM
And they must've stopped doing that for a reason.

Cuz in 2004 just about all the PPV's sucked. I mean, really, look at the 2004 Great American Bash. All we REALLY needed to see that PPV was Eddie/JBL, The Dudleyz/UT, and John Cena US title match.
2004 Vengeance: Beniot/HHH, Edge/Orton, Hardy/Kane, La Resistance/Flair and Euegene

Throw those matches onto one PPV card and that's a loaded PPV right there. But instead we were stuck with crappy PPV's

Rich Cranium
01-14-2011, 12:09 AM
Throw those matches onto one PPV card and that's a loaded PPV right there. But instead we were stuck with crappy PPV's

I think we will see change in 2011.

Rassling_Fan
01-14-2011, 10:42 AM
I disagree with this. TNA has picked up more than enough wrestlers in WWE that were high-midcard, or main eventers in the past. Same for ECW. People wanted to see ECW action even when it was shutdown, and purchased by WWE. TNA tries to do that, with ECW extremists Tommy Dreamer, The Dudleys, Sabu, The Sandman, RVD etc. and with the WWE wrestlers- The Steiner brothers, The Hardys, Mickie James, Kurt Angle, Mick Foley, Hulk Hogan(yes people oblivious to what hes doing to TNA still want to see him), and Ric Flair. I know that these guys have drawn big in the past, and TNA probably thought that they would do the same for their company. However, TNA has failed to use these guys right. They are used in storylines that make no sense to begin with. Or even when they go through with them, they don't follow through, and usually end storylines leaving the viewer confused or us disappointed.

The ECW guys: They came in, beat up everyone, made a PPV all about them, had the PPV, and then were used to push TNA talent. I believe this was the right way to use them so that those ECW fans can see the TNA stars as equals or the next generation. Maybe if they did this night in a former location of ECW it probably would have worked a lot better as those ECW fans who never heard of TNA would have seen the ending live and then watch TNA to see them get their come uppings.

Team 3D: If they were to have just done the MCMG match, I believe that would have used them great.

Kurt Angle/Ric Flair: All these two have been doing is making the TNA guys look on their level and that's how it should be. People loved Joe/Angle! Lethal/Flair had Jay Lethal moving up in the world. Heck, Fortune has nothing but TNA originals and Matt Morgan (before "They" arrived).

The Talent they gotten they have used correctly. It's just that when they get their latest acquisition they seem to forget everything to justify their newest person.

Stinger187
01-26-2011, 07:02 PM
I was chilling on my iPad checking the forums here(long time lurker, first time poster) and my wife dvr'd Days of Our Lives(day time soap). It pops up that it's tv-14 and I laughed. Yeah I know these shows air during school hours. Some people say WWE is PG for the investors, I personally think this is rubbish! These daytime shows have just as good ad's as prime time shows. I just think the PG thing is alright because they want to gear it to kids. I think they could do tv-14 tastefully and still make it good enough for all ages. They shouldn't go buck wild like they did back in the day, but if they want to say ass let them. I'm not saying every other word or anything. Lots of people blame PG for the blandness the product has had for awhile, I say nah. I've been watching since I was about 6 now 25 the last 4 years it seems the writers have had writers block, or A.D.D! They don't let the stories get anywhere before ending them. Sometimes people get hurt and you have to change it up.

All I'm saying is it's laughable that daytime soaps are tv-14 and WWE is PG, it's not because investors it's lack of creative thoughts. I see WWE and TNA(another time) as male soaps and they don't let the stories play out and become something awesome. I hope that they company will see what the writers are doing and start fresh with something drastic like a reboot or hire better writers. I just don't see this getting any better until they learn to tell a good story.( I know way off topic)

I just thought I'd share my good laugh with you on here, soaps tv-14 hahaha

ToWhomItConcerns.
01-26-2011, 07:31 PM
i was watching The Game on BET last week and i saw that show is rated TV-14. i immediately texted my 1 friend who still watches WWE.

Rich Cranium
01-26-2011, 07:49 PM
Yeah, those day time shows are pretty much soft porn but have Gail Kim kissing Bryan and it's bad for your eyes!

Stinger187
01-26-2011, 08:59 PM
Yeah, those day time shows are pretty much soft porn but have Gail Kim kissing Bryan and it's bad for your eyes!

Yes but not in the way you're saying! I wanted to scratch my eyes out! J/k

CobraNightviper
01-27-2011, 12:11 PM
I watch some daytime t.v(flipping through channels)and some of it is alot more sexual than wwe or tna for that matter and I thought to myself thats messed up I rember back when wwe showed boobs but I guess everything changes thats life.

TocSin XXVII
01-27-2011, 06:38 PM
I am pretty sure when WCW started The Outsiders angle it was PG TV. You can still tell a good story regardless of the ratings.

Stinger187
01-27-2011, 06:42 PM
I am pretty sure when WCW started The Outsiders angle it was PG TV. You can still tell a good story regardless of the ratings.

That's what I was saying at the end of it.

KingOrton
02-06-2011, 10:43 AM
Ive been seeing alot of complaining that WWE PG sucks now and they should bring back the Attitude Era. Its not going to happen.

1. The amount of money they make off kids
2. Endorsements/Ads, ect...

And ontop of that if the Attitude era never died i think it would be nothing but a bunch of old timers wrestling way past their time with shitty and stupid storylines.
Sure the Attitude Era was good and can never be repeated but i think its a good thing it ended when it did.
Just think about it. The majority of wrestlers left because of "PG" or "The direction the company was going in."

This PG Era is a good thing, just give it time for the young "wrestlers" (Guys with a big background of indys, ect... DANIEL BRYAN, CM PUNK, TYLER BLACK, ect....)

And thats just my opinion. Thoughts?

Lance Storm
02-06-2011, 10:50 AM
Ive been seeing alot of complaining that WWE PG sucks now and they should bring back the Attitude Era. Its not going to happen.

1. The amount of money they make off kids
2. Endorsements/Ads, ect...

And ontop of that if the Attitude era never died i think it would be nothing but a bunch of old timers wrestling way past their time with shitty and stupid storylines.
Sure the Attitude Era was good and can never be repeated but i think its a good thing it ended when it did.
Just think about it. The majority of wrestlers left because of "PG" or "The direction the company was going in."

This PG Era is a good thing, just give it time for the young "wrestlers" (Guys with a big background of indys, ect... DANIEL BRYAN, CM PUNK, TYLER BLACK, ect....)

And thats just my opinion. Thoughts?

That is a very good point and you are spot on. I think you will see the shift back to a TV-14 stance, in about 2-3 years as the kids age and get smarter to the wrestling game. Face this, if Cena was out of the picture, the New Attitude Era would be in effect. He is the PG rating and his merch is the big seller.

eboy
02-06-2011, 11:24 AM
i agree its a cycle and if it keeps the wwe going then pgs fine by me i'm getting quite fed up of people saying wwe has desserted its audience and turned on die hard attitude fans. they wont put there fans over their jobs and its best for wwe now i'm sure there will be a time where the attitude era is right for wwe in the future.

also with ufc having the majority of wwe's attitude age group demographic it wouldn't be wise for vince to go to war with dana

Tommy Thunder
02-06-2011, 11:56 AM
I don't see anything wrong with the pg era. As a matter of fact, I'm enjoying it at the moment. It's true, 2010 was a bad year for WWE as we had bad matches, bad booking and bad storylines. But 2011 has started with a bang! We've been treated to awesome matches, and the storylines are on the whole quite interesting.
The Attitude era will not come back, it was a phase WWE used to oust out WCW. I think they will however go back to tv 14 at some point in the future.

tshizzy34
02-06-2011, 12:52 PM
Wow it seriously seems like every week there is someone on here talking about the attitude era. I bet I have seen like 30 posts over the past few months with something being centered around or being the topic of the attitude era. I mean no offense to anyone that has posted about the attitude era but the WWE is what it is people. The attitude era has come and has gone it's never coming back. Even if they do change the rating somewhere down the road it will never be the same as it once was. People will still bitch that it wasn't like it used to be so why bring it back just for it to fail to live up to insane expectations of the former era. I think the current wrestling is fine they just need either better creative team members or have their current team create better storylines and angles because some of the shit they have now a days like with Cena and the Old Nexus and what not are just god awful. They have had chances with storyline that could have been really good and entertaining but they manage to botch it so let's just let it be and appreciate the fact that we still at least have something to watch every Monday night because things could be worse and we could have no WWE at all.

tdp
02-06-2011, 12:57 PM
I couldn't disagree more, the pg era is horrible for anyone the age of twelve. For the last couple years I've chalked up my lack of interest in wwe's product to being older, which is not the case. I've been watching old matches on youtube and on the various wwe dvd's. I understand the wrestlers themselves and booking also contributes to the pathetic state of the wwe today, but believe me, the wwe isn't as good as it once was and sadly I don't think it ever will be. I recently rented the hell in a cell dvd which included mankind and kane vs. stone cold and the undertaker in of course a cell, on ppv? No that blockbuster was on raw! That match was more entertaining than anything the wwe has done since the cena-edge fued from a couple years ago. The match was full of explicit trash talk, blood, middle fingers and chair shots, to the head. I'm not saying there needs to be blood, swearing and boobs to make it a quality product but this pg junk if garbage. Sadly I read and contribute to this site more than I watch wwe, I fear if wwe stays it's course I'll lose interest completely. Wwe has stripped itself of almost everything that once made it must see tv, when the nfl takes away tackling I'll stop watching that too, again not that literal but a pg wwe is not one I can back for much longer. On another note, anyone think those four from the cell match would not only beat miz but it's be a squash? Lol I'm just sayin.

tdp
02-06-2011, 01:13 PM
I wanted to add that when your best storyline of the year features a bunch of nobodys in black and yellow armbands you're in trouble. I can't take anyone from nxt serious past wade barrett, although I do think michael mcgillicutty can be big further down the road, but knowing wwe he'll eventually get buried when nexus t-shirt sales decline.

eboy
02-07-2011, 01:14 PM
i wanted to add that when your best storyline of the year features a bunch of nobodys in black and yellow armbands you're in trouble. I can't take anyone from nxt serious past wade barrett, although i do think michael mcgillicutty can be big further down the road, but knowing wwe he'll eventually get buried when nexus t-shirt sales decline.

what on earth are you talking about the nexus storyline was good even if it should have ended last year. However i dont think the new nexus or the corre are good ideas and wwe needs to learn that nobodies intrested anymore. Its been proven with kojima in japan that when an outsider comes in and takes over completly it generates intrest

World B. Free
02-07-2011, 02:43 PM
The whole "PG" thing is what it is. As long as the WWE can push the right Superstars and the writers actually write some good storylines. The WWE might be able to top the attitude era? But its always cool to see a wrestler getting busted open by a chairshot!!!

The Brown One
02-07-2011, 05:54 PM
I wanted to add that when your best storyline of the year features a bunch of nobodys in black and yellow armbands you're in trouble. I can't take anyone from nxt serious past wade barrett, although I do think michael mcgillicutty can be big further down the road, but knowing wwe he'll eventually get buried when nexus t-shirt sales decline.

Agreed, it got stale after a while. But WWE had to do that, to create new stars. How many times have we seen a 4-horsemen style group? Well they put a twist on it, and gave us a group of pissed off rookies. Some of them have already held championships, and are improving their skills every week. If WWE didn't build new stars, then they wouldn't be around when the vets retire. Think about it. If John Cena, Randy Orton, Kofi Kingston, The Miz, and Dolph Ziggler weren't as over as they are now, then WWE wouldn't be selling shows, PPVs, merch etc. Its a change that needed to happen. Besides, many of the wrestlers in the Attitude Era have had their age catch up to them, and can't wrestle anywhere as well as they used to.

Rich Cranium
02-07-2011, 05:57 PM
I think TNA are trying to rehash 'attitude' but are failing miserably!

Mandrosko
02-15-2011, 04:37 AM
I've been reading about The Rock and his return, but mentioned in a lot of those articles was 'the death of the PG era.' Is the WWE actually going back to PG14?

TheMadThinker
02-15-2011, 04:43 AM
I've been reading about The Rock and his return, but mentioned in a lot of those articles was 'the death of the PG era.' Is the WWE actually going back to PG14?

Congratulations on your first post! If I were you I would leave this thread and never look back again.

The Brown One
02-15-2011, 04:49 AM
Congratulations on your first post! If I were you I would leave this thread and never look back again.

Make Mandrosko feel welcome dude!

I don't think its the end of this current era. The reason they allowed Rock to swear because he just couldn't cut a promo without it. Its part of what made his catchphrases have impact. Also, I know Cena has been swearing a bit lately too, but thats because hes the posterboy of the company right now, and was allowed to do so. Even Dolph said "Damn", but the company has faith in him, and he had a reason to swear-he was "very angry" that his rookie, Byron Saxton got eliminated on NXT. I don't see why it should end, since its doing fine at the moment.

Mandrosko
02-15-2011, 04:57 AM
haha whatever im not gonna be a posting regular.

i do think that using the rock to transition out of it would be a great thing.
maybe its just me as well, but the PG rating just seems lame, its not as 'shocking' as it used to be

i would love to see the WWE go back to the way it used to be
plus i miss head shots with titles and chairs, blood matches would be nice too XP

also, i was just looking for clarification to what i was reading and couldnt find answers to

The Brown One
02-15-2011, 05:01 AM
haha whatever im not gonna be a posting regular.

i do think that using the rock to transition out of it would be a great thing.
maybe its just me as well, but the PG rating just seems lame, its not as 'shocking' as it used to be

i would love to see the WWE go back to the way it used to be
plus i miss head shots with titles and chairs, blood matches would be nice too XP

also, i was just looking for clarification to what i was reading and couldnt find answers to

The thing with blood, and chairshots to the head is that they aren't safe. Wrestlers can pass out from bleeding, and chairshots can cause concussions, so I'm actually glad they were banned. Its been proven too, in TNA, when Anderson was busted wide open by Hardy, and the incident with Rob Terry.

Mandrosko
02-15-2011, 05:04 AM
yeah i mean they are unsafe, but it can be prevented, and it doesnt mean they should be 100% banned, but they should definately be focused on and maybe better trained for

brad9993
02-15-2011, 05:41 AM
It does have more impact when somebody uses a steel chair to the skull of someone rather then the back, when Cena unleahed on the New Nexus that was just lame... a head shot would of been better, even a protected one. I also see the problem with the head shot but they did it plenty in the past and they all seem fine enough. Also i beleive when it happened to Anderson on TNA Jeff was siuppose to hit him in the back but the top of the chair connected with the back of his skull.

Trips88
02-15-2011, 05:48 AM

Your gonna harsh on a guy for asking a legit question? Maybe you should leave and never look back ya jackass.

Yay I just posted my two hundred and something-nth post! Who the fuck cares?!

Mandrosko
02-15-2011, 06:07 AM
thanks trips =D

and brad, i agree, the thing that happened with anderson and jeff was just jeff fucking it up. im sure they could keep doing it as long as there is an emphasis on safety

SgtGohan
02-15-2011, 06:16 AM
thanks trips =D

and brad, i agree, the thing that happened with anderson and jeff was just jeff fucking it up. im sure they could keep doing it as long as there is an emphasis on safety

no they should not, im glad they stopped doing that. safety of the wrestlers is more important then entertainment. and if that means not using chairshots to the head anymore then so be it. there is still lots of other stuff which can be done with a steel chair

captainmoonlight
02-15-2011, 06:27 AM
I do love a good chair shot, but its not the be all and end all.

I think the language rock used is fine and anyone with a problem with it shouldn't be letting their children watch what could be deemed as a violent programme anyway.

SaberToothTigerz
02-15-2011, 06:34 AM
the rock will always be allowed to curse just like someone said in this thread before it is a part of his personality the rock to cut a promo needs to swear a little bit like using the word ass all the time and "sum bitch" when he was mocking michael cole
basically the rock spoke for all the iwc
he took a shot at the miz at john cena at bieber appearing at mania and at the annoying michael cole.

jhorton1215
02-15-2011, 07:02 AM
It was after 11:00 PM so they could have just been a bit more lenient.

SaberToothTigerz
02-15-2011, 08:17 AM
do u people wanna see john cena curse?
randy orton showing the middle finger to everyone he rko's?
dolph ziggler and vickie having a sex session backstage?
sheamus punt kicking someone in the balls?
R truth being a major heel rapper that disses out the good values of society?
awesome kong spanking michael cole's ass in the middle of the ring?
kelly kelly stripping again?
do u?

Pittbull
02-15-2011, 08:24 AM
Here in the UK we always get a disclaimer pop up at the start of Raw or Smackdown, saying this program might not be suitable for children... if it's a PG obviously it is so don't know why it's there to be honest!

PrimusSucks
02-15-2011, 08:40 AM
we get that in canada too

We don't get that in the US, or I don't see it.

Bodom
02-15-2011, 08:41 AM
Why is it that everytime somebody says "ass" on Raw, people think it means PG is going away?

Bodom
02-15-2011, 08:42 AM

The TV rating is essentially the same thing.

Stihltygre
02-15-2011, 08:54 AM
the danger of head shots with a chair are not the occasional severe concussions, it repetitive minor concussions. "they did it before" is true, and that led to Chris Benoit, there is a lot of study happening with sports medicine that is leaning towards consistent repetitive concussions ( usually small ones that go almost unnoticed) having a cumulative effect. the effect of this can be as minor as a little memory loss, to Alzheimer like symptoms, to a full blown psychotic break ( as in the case of Benoit). in the field of professional wrestling there is no way to avoid these minor concussions, every time someone gets thrown to the mat there is a chance of it happening, every head butt, every boot to the face, puts them at risk for another concussion.

before the days of modern tv cameras it was easier to fake a hit, less force was needed to make it look real. with a chair there is even less ability to fake it, as even light force gets multiplied by the extension from the arm the chair has, and the weight of the chair. a well placed chair shot to the head done correctly absorbed correctly is still LIKELY to cause a minor concussion, they just aren't a safe move to use, Title shots less so, as the is no extension out from the end of the arm, all you lose from a normal shot is the cushioning of the hand and arm flexing. yes it's professional wrestling not Ballet, but personally pg or no pg i'd rather have stars retire with cognitive function intact then get my jollys off because chair shots to the back are " lame".

Bodom
02-15-2011, 08:55 AM
I'm aware that it's not going away and it doesn't bother me.

It was more of sarcastic remark lol

NWOMyGawd
02-15-2011, 09:03 AM
I'm pretty sure that the amount of steroids that was being used led to Chris Benoit's psychotic break. To try to justify the situation with chair shots is actually kind of irresponsible as it takes the attention away from the major reason for it. Chair shots are dangerous there is no doubt, but use another example. That's like saying that the Owen Hart situation was caused by how much Owen weighed. While it may have been a small contributing factor, I'm pretty sure the harness that they used was the man reason behind it. Have a Nice Day.

Bodom
02-15-2011, 09:07 AM
i know that but im saying that to the same hopefuls who think sting is showing up in 6 days

The don't think, they KNOW that Sting is debuting :rolleyes:

brodius
02-15-2011, 09:19 AM
do u people wanna see john cena curse?
randy orton showing the middle finger to everyone he rko's?
dolph ziggler and vickie having a sex session backstage?
sheamus punt kicking someone in the balls?
R truth being a major heel rapper that disses out the good values of society?
awesome kong spanking michael cole's ass in the middle of the ring?
kelly kelly stripping again?
do u?

Of course we want to see this. Mainly the Vickie sex sessions. You guys can't tell me you wouldn't love to see Kong spank Cole in the ring that would be great. They could turn it into a dominitrix love story.

Lowki
02-15-2011, 09:19 AM
Even protected head shots are dangerous. Back in king of the ring in 1999 Hardcore Holly hit Xpac with a chair. When Pac put his arm up to block it caught him wrong leading to him doing the rest of the PPV (another two matches) with trapped nerves in his arm which limited him for weeks later.

Personally, Bitch and Ass aren't even swear words and they shouldn't be banned. But it is odd how austin was prevented from saying whoop ass or even drinking a beer but the rock wasn't. The stupid thing is, even kids shows show beer use. Majority of parents will have a beer or two with their kids in the room, there's nothing wrong with that. Ass is a pretty soft swear word normally used in place of harsher words anyways.

Mikeyboy7777777
02-15-2011, 09:52 AM
at least the rock will not play kiekeboo with john cena:D

Lance Storm
02-15-2011, 11:57 AM
As long as Cena is leading merch sales, it will never happen.

Iron Ape
02-15-2011, 12:00 PM
Same thread, different week.

The New Guy
02-15-2011, 12:09 PM
I know the wrestling comunity tends to worship anything of the attitude era. But I'm actually happy is gone.
PG force WWE to make different storylines than the ussual (sex, extreme violence, cheating) and although WWE is not stepping his game in the storyines I'm happy with the new direction. I know we were used to see blood and weapons, shots to the head and all that, and don't get me wrong, that was cool.
But this mens permorm 300+ days a year, travel all over the world, get injured, and you people want to see them taking crazy bumps that put in jeopardy their lifes?
This is not the roman empire whith gladiators, this are performers!!!
:)

rko619
02-15-2011, 12:19 PM
wwe wont change the whole coumpany 4 1 person or would they for the rock

dres1214
02-15-2011, 12:19 PM
I would agree that PG isn't going anywhere. Vinnie Mac just let the Rock be him. How would his promo be if it was kept cleaned. We wouldnt be as entertained that much. What the Rock did wasn't the start of another new attitude era, it was him cutting the most epic promo that we have seen in a long time. But who's to say that just maybe we might have more creative ways that the superstars cut promo's now. PG will always be the rating for WWE unless TNA becomes competition to WWE which no offense to the TNA marks in the EWN, TNA will never be competition to WWE.

el gabo
02-15-2011, 12:42 PM
Why is it that everytime somebody says "ass" on Raw, people think it means PG is going away?

Because the network beeps it out. They did a great job last night by the way. Only one beep at the beginning.

Lowki
02-15-2011, 08:38 PM
Here in the UK we always get a disclaimer pop up at the start of Raw or Smackdown, saying this program might not be suitable for children... if it's a PG obviously it is so don't know why it's there to be honest!
Parental Guidance. "This may not be suitable for children" indicates the necessity for an adult to be there to supervise them. Now if it said "This show is NOT suitable for children" then that would have stepped up a rating to a 12 in the UK.

Necroyeti
02-15-2011, 09:01 PM
The thing with blood, and chairshots to the head is that they aren't safe. Wrestlers can pass out from bleeding, and chairshots can cause concussions, so I'm actually glad they were banned. Its been proven too, in TNA, when Anderson was busted wide open by Hardy, and the incident with Rob Terry.
I realise it's physiologically possible, but I don't think I've ever seen this happen before, even in deathmatch wrestling. Any specific examples?

Trips88
02-15-2011, 09:06 PM

That's because we in the US are all used to it by now because we've seen it all. When Raw starts in the states we see "Well we've promised you a great main event and you might not like the guy in the big orange shirt or the Mexican dude but its better for your kids to watch than looking out your front window to see a crack deal going on right in front of your house, that is if you were able to see all the way to the curb with your daughters boyfriends call swaying back an forward in your driveway. So sit the fuck down, shut the fuck up, and enjoy". God Bless America! :D

Rich Cranium
02-15-2011, 09:12 PM
It was after 11:00 PM so they could have just been a bit more lenient.

Exactly, both USA and WWE let Rock flow so yes, it was on the overrun in which I would think, most kiddies would be in bed after 11pm on a Monday night.

Stinger187
02-15-2011, 09:33 PM
Exactly, both USA and WWE let Rock flow so yes, it was on the overrun in which I would think, most kiddies would be in bed after 11pm on a Monday night.

Not the kids I know! There parents don't give a damn and let them stay up and do whatever they want! But if I had kids they be in bed at 8

thedominator92
02-15-2011, 09:36 PM
being that they censored a** i'd say the pg era is here to stay

xAzureSkye
02-16-2011, 12:25 PM
Of course we want to see this. Mainly the Vickie sex sessions. You guys can't tell me you wouldn't love to see Kong spank Cole in the ring that would be great. They could turn it into a dominitrix love story.

I would love to see Kelly show her tits again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVr312B12d4

GoldSpirit
02-16-2011, 02:16 PM
Chair shots are great. Swearing is Great.
Wrestling is inherently dangerous. ANY move could hurt you and I'm sure that taking bumps all overe the arena isn't exactly good on your back or any other part of you. It's a slippery slope when you start taking away moves because they could hurt someone. before you know it we'll get a pillow fight match for the World Heavyweight Title. Do I think guys should be taking unprotected headshots all the time? No. But I don't want my wrestling watered dow (more than it already is.). I'm not saying let's have a barbed wire, flaming tabl;e death match but still. A guy catching a chair to the skull every once in awhile is entertaining. Does that make me a cold hearted sumbitch who only cares about my entertainment and not the wrestlers health? no. IT'S WRESTLING. If they don't want to get hurt then they SHOULDNT BE WRESTLERS.
Anderson said it best when he came back from HIS concussion when Morgan was trying to "talk some sense into him". to paraphrase:
"I got an owie. This is what I do. i'm a wrestler."

PG IS going away. Whats more important to VKM? Action figures or his company? With the numbers the way they are it's no wonder we're seeing Nash, Booker, Austin, the Rock AND SWEARING. Times are changing again.

SaberToothTigerz
02-16-2011, 02:59 PM
the pg topic is very arguable :/
maybe after that contract the wwe has with idk toy figures or whatever that expires in 2015 maybe then something will change but still i have my doubts...
the pg movement started just recently..if vkm would remove pg i only see one thing that could do it
if tna would just suddenly get a huge boost on the ratings and be around 3.5 or so now that would eventually force vkm to remove the pg system
but i doubt tna will ever score those marks.

Iron Ape
02-16-2011, 11:16 PM
PG IS going away. Whats more important to VKM? Action figures or his company? With the numbers the way they are it's no wonder we're seeing Nash, Booker, Austin, the Rock AND SWEARING. Times are changing again.
I'm not really following how Nash being brought in for a pop at the Rumble, Booker stinking things up at the commentary table, and/or Austin hosting Tough Enough points to the end of the PG era in any way. Even Rock letting loose with some rather harmless "cuss" words after 11pm isn't really selling me on it, either. I mean, people have been looking for things to construe as the end of PG ever since PG started, and they've all panned out about the same.

Mountains and molehills and all of that.

68wPayne
02-17-2011, 12:01 AM
The PG era is going to stay as long as McMahon stays. People tend to forget that the only reason the Attitude era started was because Vince was losing to WCW and had the Attitude era not started, we would be watching WCW every week. As soon as there was no more reason to be edgy Vince went back to PG. The money is in PG, more sponsors + more kids - less concerned parents = $$$$. Just be happy we don't have the late 80's/early 90's where every wrestler had to moonlight as something else (wrestling plumber, wrestling clown, wrestling tax guy, wrestling magician, etc.)

Iron Ape
02-17-2011, 01:39 AM
I actually think a wrestling magician would be pretty badass. He could make R-Truth's entrance music disappear, or have David Otunga get mauled by a tiger.

68wPayne
02-17-2011, 01:50 AM
I actually think a wrestling magician would be pretty badass. He could make R-Truth's entrance music disappear, or have David Otunga get mauled by a tiger.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyjLbH33kR8

Phantasio we need you RIGHT NOW!!! MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!

Trips88
02-17-2011, 03:49 AM
First of all David Otunga get mauled by a tiger made me LMFAO

PG is not over or ending per say. I just think that after all this time, with all of us bitching about how bad it is to watch, they are starting to bump it up to more like PG-13. Will we see another WWE playmate? No. Will we see the hardcore title ever again? No. But I think the storylines will dirty up a little more with time. Certain innuendo like "Vince like's me" and other jokes that kids don't understand will still be integrated into the show and I think that after seeing that the numbers didn't drop during the CM Punk broken nose thing that the writers and execs are starting to realize that a little blood actually sells. Not Mick Foley amounts of blood, but a little blood.