PDA

View Full Version : Randy Savage: 25 yrs ago

Rich Cranium
12-30-2010, 10:54 PM
On this day, 12/30/1985, the Macho Man defeated WWF Champion Hulk Hogan by count out! I know he ONLY won by count out and didn't win the title but how many wrestlers could say they defeated the 'Immortal' Hulkster back in those days? Answer: very few! IMO, Savage contributed a lot to the sport, more than he is given credit for. He brought great wrestling to the table during the era of Hogan and the Warrior and was an exception to the rule since it was the muscle head era. I always thought he had the best flying elbow drop hands down (sorry HBK). I really think it's about time Vince and Randy puts their differences aside and Savage get his induction into the HOF! Thoughts?

IrkenInvader
12-30-2010, 11:14 PM
I wasn't alive back then but I've seen old vids of him wrestling. I definitely like him more than Hogan.

IPEEINTHESHOWER
12-31-2010, 12:14 AM
Rich, Randy Savage was just AWESOME. I remember when he had classic matches with Ricky Steamboat. His flying elbow drop is the best ever. No ONE and I mean NO ONE can do it better. I remember when he married Miss Elisabeth and when he was jealous of Hogan on Saturday Nights Main Event. He is a HOF'er for sure. In all the Shoots and interviews I've seen and I've damn near seen them all. No one can say for sure if he broke Stephine's precious little http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ6NovxhcJ_pvDGgNSsZ3VAhrw0mrp9d zZnqeUvd0xMDmRhrwOO

I bet most people remember him from his famous Slim Jim commercials. (IPEEINTHESHOWER is a HUGE FAN OF SLIM JIMS AND BEEF JERKY FYI)

I'll leave you with this SHOWERHEADS and its classic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Igui65gY5M

Necroyeti
12-31-2010, 12:26 AM
I don't have a whole lot to add, but I just have to brag; I own a physical copy of Randy's rap album, and I'm incredibly proud of it.

OOOOOOOOH YEAAAAAAAAH

xStraightxEdgexSaviorx
12-31-2010, 12:50 AM
Randy Savage was awesome. Great matches with Steamboat, Flair, and even The Hulkster and The Ultimate Warrior (I'm STILL pissed that Warrior kicked out of like 6 consecutive flying elbows once though).

Rich Cranium
12-31-2010, 12:55 AM
Rich, Randy Savage was just AWESOME. I remember when he had classic matches with Ricky Steamboat. His flying elbow drop is the best ever. No ONE and I mean NO ONE can do it better.

I bet most people remember him from his famous Slim Jim commercials. (IPEEINTHESHOWER is a HUGE FAN OF SLIM JIMS AND BEEF JERKY FYI)

You are now a temporary part of my sig! Also, I am a fan of beef jerky and I have been wanting to order Good Ol JR's Jerky with the sampler order because I hear it's pretty darn good!