PDA

View Full Version : The Iceman Retires!

Rich Cranium
12-29-2010, 07:35 PM
As reported:

Dana White announced at today's pre-UFC 125 press conference that Chuck Liddell was retiring from the sport of MMA. White also announced that Liddell would become the new executive vice president of business development for the UFC. Liddell holds an MMA record of 21-8 and held the UFC Light Heavyweight Title during his career.

Lorenzo Fertitta stated that Liddell would work on regulatory issues, with rules commissions, and with fighter relations as the UFC works to expand globally.

Liddell briefly spoke at the press conference, almost breaking out in tears, thanking everyone and stating that he was looking forward to his new job and staying involved with MMA.

I saw this coming a mile away but since he is taking a corporate position in the UFC, I guess any WWE speculation is purely that.

SilverGhost
12-29-2010, 08:40 PM
I love Iceman's work. I am glad that he is still working in MMA as a VP in UFC.

Robstar
12-29-2010, 10:44 PM
There was a suggestion that he was going to try fighting elsewhere as Dana completely pulled the plug on him as a competitor. I'm glad he didn't take that option and tarnish his legacy. A nice thankyou by the UFC too, keeping him around

Kashdinero
12-30-2010, 12:40 AM
He should have retired before his last fight. I guess the lure of kicking Tito's A$$ one more time appealed to the fighter in him. That and a whole heap of cash!

One of my favourite fighters, and one of the best ever in the UFC, he deserves to be paid until his last breath on earth!