PDA

View Full Version : RVD made the right move going to tna??

helmsley
12-29-2010, 03:11 PM
I was just thinking the other day about RVD in tna?? was that a good decision for the ex-champ??

Since joining tna he has been world champ, but he never really had a very good storyline or feud that could really make him show all his potential.Right now he doesnt have a relevant feud and all the highlights are on inmortal.

I think that he would have had a better run in wwe, since his return was very expected and when he did the royal rumble apperances the crowd really went nuts!! And with wwe right now with a lack of main eventers he will have a sure spot at good feuds and he would be right now one of the top superstars on the company.

who wouldnt like to see feuds like these right now:

rvd vs randy orton ( I know its been done but randy wasnt as mature as right now)
rvd vs the miz
rvd vs edge hardcore match at wm 27 (not gonna happen but it would be awesome

what are your thoughts??

MattElder
12-29-2010, 03:21 PM
RVD should never have gone to TNA your spot on in this but i would love to see a long fued with Rey or Chavo, i think they would compliment each other well

Rich Cranium
12-29-2010, 03:25 PM
I'd say RVD 5-10 years ago was better. Seems to have lost a step imo.

Xpacfan
12-29-2010, 03:48 PM
Hell yeah it was the right move! RVD would have been sensored from his in ring performances, right down to his promos! There's no PG in RVD!

CobraNightviper
12-29-2010, 03:49 PM
after he left wwe in 2007 and then he went to tna he doesn't seem the same and he also looks like he gained some weight too.

MattElder
12-29-2010, 03:49 PM
come of it he aint that extreme!!! whats he got to tone down? the whole f'in show bit cos i cant think of anything else

CobraNightviper
12-29-2010, 03:57 PM
nowhere near as he was in the original ecw hell he isn't even as good now as he was when he first went to wwe/f in 2001

Allison
12-29-2010, 03:58 PM
RVD was wasted in wwe before ,(except in the very early episodes of WWECW before his pot bust) and he would be wasted there again.

helmsley
12-29-2010, 04:28 PM
well, maybe he would have some limitations on wwe, but as some of you mention, he is not the same as he was before, he is not that extreme and he has been in a lot better shape, so I think he would still work for wwe sytle, but he can still have very good matches, i can imagine a feud with rey, or cm punk for the title and they would be excelent feuds

Robstar
12-29-2010, 04:39 PM
RVD's prime is way past. So he's the right fit for TNA - either washed up or coming up. Either way it garners no new fans and a thimbleful of interest.

Allison
12-29-2010, 04:40 PM
On of my very favorite RAW matches is a ladder match between RVD and Eddie, where some nutty fan jumps in the ring and attacks Eddie.

helmsley
12-29-2010, 04:42 PM
On of my very favorite RAW matches is a ladder match between RVD and Eddie, where some nutty fan jumps in the ring and attacks Eddie.

I laughed a lot when i saw that part of the match, now thats making some reaction in fans lol

Necroyeti
12-29-2010, 04:43 PM
RVD has had some good matches in TNA, but this (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/467069-five-wrestling-personalities-who-the-internet-wont-criticize-but-i-will#page/6) article seemed to confirm a lot of my (and the IWCs) fears about his attitude:

All Hulk Hogan has to do is talk, and every wrestling pundit worth his salt will meticulously decipher every letter of every word Hulk Hogan says, tweets, turning Hogan quotes into the self-serving sentiments that they may or may not be.

However, RVD has made a career of talking himself up, shoot style, at the expense of other wrestlers just as Hulk Hogan does if not worse.

But since he used to wrestle in a bingo hall, he's untouchable.

Rob Van Dam's art imitating life gesture of always pointing his thumbs to himself will tell you everything you need to know about the type of personality this man has.

As the poster boy of the typical 'who should the WWE push' conversation, RVD satiated the appetites of many Internet fans when he was finally crowned the WWE Champion in 2006. Just weeks later, the WWE was proven right for waiting for so long when he was arrested for possession of marijuana.

As the hottest free agent in wrestling just months ago, RVD was courted by the upstart, second place wrestling company TNA. Despite established wrestlers putting over TNA home grown talent being a necessity for the growth of the company long term, RVD was insistent that he did not want to be subject to such jobbing as he has gone over the likes of the Rock and the Big Show.

Which begs the question, what if the Big Shows and Rocks of the world didn't want to put you over? Where would you be if that was the case?

RVME is nothing more than a Hulk Hogan who can work (for the record, I like Hulk Hogan). I choose not to participate in the constant Hogan bashing that has become a staple of Internet wrestling commentary, because the Internet picks and chooses who they bash for displaying these Hulk Hogan qualities (Kevin Nash, anyone?), and RVME is one of the exempt.

Van Dam's recent comments, where he basically said that him and Hardy saved TNA, have caused the same unrest and outrage in the locker room that I predicted was an inevitability (given RVME's ego and self-oriented behavior) before he even put a pen on the dotted line for the company.

Rob Van Dam is not the team player that a company like TNA needs to move forward. The only thing RVD is interested in moving forward is his own career. As such, he has earned the right to be criticized by you.

helmsley
12-29-2010, 04:44 PM
I would also love to se rvd and booker t pair again, i just remembered of that and they were one hell of a team, of course that is very very complicated right now since booker is busy....... but it will also be great

Allison
12-29-2010, 04:56 PM
The posted article.....

Is it really so bad if RVD looks out for himself first? If you'll recall, he left ECW in it's dying days because he hadn't been paid.
As a fan..... yeh that sucks, but if you look past that and use common sense it tells you...

This is his JOB. This is how he makes a living.

Why is it so bad if a wrestler puts themself first, instead of "the company?"

The companys have no problem with using the workers up, then letting then go without a minutes notice. It happens daily.

Robstar
12-29-2010, 04:57 PM
Necro, I don't know where you found that piece but it is right on the money. This "Indy Darling" farce has got to die. If the Teddy Harts of this world can't hack it in the big leagues then they aren't deserving of major success. It's still a fact that to sign with WWE is a roll of the dice but people like Daniel Bryan and CM Punk braved it and made it a success.

It's your job, just fucking do it. Whether you're cleaning a toilet or (god forbid!) jobbing to someone, just do it ok? It's what you get paid for. Don't be such a prima donna rockstar

The Brown One
12-29-2010, 05:17 PM
I hate how they make RVD almost unbeatable..and the only time his opponents get offense in is when hes doing the "Rob-Van-Dam" gesture, and somebody takes him out.

Sabu was my favourite ECW Original anyway..but even hes lost his step. Though hes still the crazies m'fer I've seen besides Funk and Foley.

SilverGhost
12-29-2010, 05:17 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_bASOtoiow

The Brown One
12-29-2010, 05:23 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_bASOtoiow

Was the fan a plant? Because it sure did look like it.

Necroyeti
12-29-2010, 05:28 PM
Allison I don't think you understand what the article is talking about.

Sabu was somewhat of a primadonna back in the day too, being infamous for no-showing events and burning many of his bridges.... but at least he put over the TNA talent during his stint.

Necroyeti
12-29-2010, 05:30 PM
I dunno, that looked like a pretty decent punch to the ear.

SilverGhost
12-29-2010, 05:35 PM

It wasn't. Security wouldn't rush that quickly if it was. xD

AndyWonder
12-29-2010, 05:50 PM
RVD made the right move. He is a better fit with TNA. He spent too long in WWE without gettin to where he wanted to go. WWE didn't even want him to be a main event star no matter what talent he had. They only made him champ to appease fans. Besides, I think his style is a better fit with "Total Nonstop Action" than "World Wrestling Entertainment." Plus if he were to ever be back in WWE he would be kinda facing the same opponents he faced in his last years there (Cena, Edge, Christian, Orton). I don't think he would mesh that well with the newer faces (Sheamus, Swagger, McIntyre, Ziggler). To face Rey in a feud like MattElder said, one of em have to heel turn and neither one would make a good heel.

Allison
12-29-2010, 05:51 PM
Allison I don't think you understand what the article is talking about.

I understand what the article is about. :)

I can read.... real good.

o_O

EDIT: ok... all joking aside, who exactly in TNA should RVD be putting over? It's been only four yrs since he held both the WWE and ECW world titles (at the same time) .... I don't think he's exactly in the twilight of his career right now. He isn't busted and broken down like Sabu (one of my very favorite wrestlers). Is RVD the same wrestler he was 15 yrs ago? Who is?
But he's sure no jobber.

SilverGhost
12-29-2010, 05:52 PM

o_O

k4n jo0 r3ed d!S s3n7enc3?

Allison
12-29-2010, 05:56 PM
k4n jo0 r3ed d!S s3n7enc3?

Yezzz... yezz I can Mr Hax0r

SilverGhost
12-29-2010, 05:58 PM
Yezzz... yezz I can Mr Hax0r

i d0N7 h3k m3n6. i l3giT m0d! :) l0l0lolo0lolo0lo0o0l

Yes people. I can speak(or type) 1337.

Robstar
12-29-2010, 06:55 PM

o_O

EDIT: ok... all joking aside, who exactly in TNA should RVD be putting over? It's been only four yrs since he held both the WWE and ECW world titles (at the same time) .... I don't think he's exactly in the twilight of his career right now. He isn't busted and broken down like Sabu (one of my very favorite wrestlers). Is RVD the same wrestler he was 15 yrs ago? Who is?
But he's sure no jobber.

Allison, I think it's more about the way he's been handled in TNA and the automatic deference to him and others like him for already having a legacy. TNA disrespected a whole bunch of their talent by making him champ so soon. And yopu can bet your life that particular stipulation was something he insisted on in signing with TNA. Just because you have spent years in the industry does not make it right for you to assume a place at the head of the queue. Whatever happened to giving back?

SilverGhost
12-29-2010, 06:56 PM
Allison, I think it's more about the way he's been handled in TNA and the automatic deference to him and others like him for already having a legacy. TNA disrespected a whole bunch of their talent by making him champ so soon. And yopu can bet your life that particular stipulation was something he insisted on in signing with TNA. Just because you have spent years in the industry does not make it right for you to assume a place at the head of the queue. Whatever happened to giving back?

RVD was a good add in the TNA roster but I agree that making him champ so soon and so fast was off.

Hesterica
12-29-2010, 07:35 PM
Necro, I don't know where you found that piece but it is right on the money. This "Indy Darling" farce has got to die. If the Teddy Harts of this world can't hack it in the big leagues then they aren't deserving of major success. It's still a fact that to sign with WWE is a roll of the dice but people like Daniel Bryan and CM Punk braved it and made it a success.

It's your job, just fucking do it. Whether you're cleaning a toilet or (god forbid!) jobbing to someone, just do it ok? It's what you get paid for. Don't be such a prima donna rockstar

I remember reading in Jerry Lawler's book that he was approached by Sean O'Haire once. Sean basically said he is tired of jobbing and getting squashed. Jerry told him that "Hey, it's your job. Whatever the booker tells you, just do it. Because they saw you looked good getting beat up in England, they did it here. Just be a good worker and you'll get your shot." As we all know, Sean did get a minor push but ended up with nothing since something happened. Point being, be a good worker and make sure you don't get busted for drugs, steroids, alcohol, drinking or any other bad press.

Allison
12-29-2010, 07:53 PM
Blame Russo not RVD.

TNA is written like the storylines are being picked out of a hat. (Hardy as Champion anyone)

SilverGhost
12-29-2010, 08:12 PM
Blame Russo not RVD.

TNA is written like the storylines are being picked out of a hat. (Hardy as Champion anyone)

I can picture that!

Russo: Ok I have a hat full of random ideas for TNA!

The Brown One
12-29-2010, 09:01 PM
I remember reading in Jerry Lawler's book that he was approached by Sean O'Haire once. Sean basically said he is tired of jobbing and getting squashed. Jerry told him that "Hey, it's your job. Whatever the booker tells you, just do it. Because they saw you looked good getting beat up in England, they did it here. Just be a good worker and you'll get your shot." As we all know, Sean did get a minor push but ended up with nothing since something happened. Point being, be a good worker and make sure you don't get busted for drugs, steroids, alcohol, drinking or any other bad press.

This is true. Unless your'e Sheamus or Drew, since they got hand picked and recommended by Trips just because they were friends, and Haitch liked their in-ring style.

Rich Cranium
12-29-2010, 09:10 PM
This is true. Unless your'e Sheamus or Drew, since they got hand picked and recommended by Trips just because they were friends, and Haitch liked their in-ring style.

Or if you do have something in your body just pull a Scott Steiner and ask that Triple H take the test with you!

The Brown One
12-29-2010, 09:11 PM
Or if you do have something in your body just pull a Scott Steiner and ask that Triple H take the test with you!

Ah Steiner was smart right there :D

Robstar
12-29-2010, 10:42 PM
Blame Russo not RVD.

I've suggested something similar to that before. In my mind it's as if everyone gets to write a sentence or a few words and they try peice them together

helmsley
12-29-2010, 11:15 PM
I've suggested something similar to that before. In my mind it's as if everyone gets to write a sentence or a few words and they try peice them together

Yes, i also blame must of rvd bad usage to russo, a good strong feud with aj sytles would be great, or with joe, i think they would give excelent matches, but as of right now, he has nothing, no strong storyline, no solid feud with anyone, and the worst of all is that tna has a lot of talent but they just dont know how tu use them

Tai Night
12-30-2010, 12:35 AM

What that's about?

The Brown One
12-30-2010, 12:52 AM

Dude did you get that off that South Park episode? The one where the manitees pull idea balls out of the idea tank, and put them together to form a story?

Kashdinero
12-30-2010, 01:30 AM
Dude did you get that off that South Park episode? The one where the manitees pull idea balls out of the idea tank, and put them together to form a story?

That was the Cartoon Wars episode where the manitees were the writers of Family Guy. That's one of the rare episodes I've seen of SP past season 5 or 6. In fact I just watched it last week... Weird.

Kashdinero
12-30-2010, 02:15 AM
On topic.

When RVD signed on the dotted line you can be sure it was for a hefty sum. He's always stated that he's never been a fan of the way he was booked during his run for Vince, so I'd bet his yearly contract that he nearly shit a brick, when on his first night in he was told to go out and get absolutely RingRaped by Sting!
The whole F'n randomness that has followed since that revealing night sums up the whole Bischoganusso led TNA perfectly. But, while we may not be happy with his TNA run so far, there's no way his paycheck at the end of the month doesn't make him happy ;)

Also, someone really needs to tell Rob that the late-Ninetys/early-Noughties are over. Don't get me wrong I was/am a massive mark for Van Dam but he could really do with a make over.... He starting to remind me of X-PAC, towards the end of his WWF/WWE run. For someone who used to make up new moves all the time back in the day, it's surprising that he's been using the same old shit since his debut.
Perhaps if he took this opportunity to show some reignited enthusiasm for his profession, then TNA would be more "inspired" when creating storylines for him.

Robstar
12-30-2010, 03:08 AM

Lol, that was a funny one, but it's an idea as old as time. We even have a thread like that in The Tea Spot.

Robstar
12-30-2010, 03:12 AM
On topic.

When RVD signed on the dotted line you can be sure it was for a hefty sum. He's always stated that he's never been a fan of the way he was booked during his run for Vince, so I'd bet his yearly contract that he nearly shit a brick, when on his first night in he was told to go out and get absolutely RingRaped by Sting!
The whole F'n randomness that has followed since that revealing night sums up the whole Bischoganusso led TNA perfectly. But, while we may not be happy with his TNA run so far, there's no way his paycheck at the end of the month doesn't make him happy ;)

Also, someone really needs to tell Rob that the late-Ninetys/early-Noughties are over. Don't get me wrong I was/am a massive mark for Van Dam but he could really do with a make over.... He starting to remind me of X-PAC, towards the end of his WWF/WWE run. For someone who used to make up new moves all the time back in the day, it's surprising that he's been using the same old shit since his debut.
Perhaps if he took this opportunity to show some reignited enthusiasm for his profession, then TNA would be more "inspired" when creating storylines for him.

This^^^^ in bold. Take that and apply it to every mark who pisses and moans about the Attitude era and PG. Those days are gone forever and you will never see a major company take that approach again because this world is just too damn pc now

The Brown One
12-30-2010, 03:16 AM
This^^^^ in bold. Take that and apply it to every mark who pisses and moans about the Attitude era and PG. Those days are gone forever and you will never see a major company take that approach again because this world is just too damn pc now

Thats why our forum can move the hell on, instead of saying how much better the Attitude era was than the PG era wer'e in now.

Kashdinero
12-30-2010, 04:42 AM

The company's a completely different vehicle now. Vince has to answer to a hell of a lot more people than he did back then.

@ Bro1. There is always something to like about WWE. Always.

The Attitude era was like a thank you to it's 80's & early 90's fans. We were spoilt for choice back then. But it's over. Deal with it.

The Brown One
12-30-2010, 05:03 AM
The company's a completely different vehicle now. Vince has to answer to a hell of a lot more people than he did back then.

@ Bro1. There is always something to like about WWE. Always.

The Attitude era was like a thank you to it's 80's & early 90's fans. We were spoilt for choice back then. But it's over. Deal with it.

I'd say. If someone asked me to name 5 things good about this era, I could do it off the top of my head.

tupelojoe81
12-30-2010, 09:18 AM
if WWE would sign him to a HBK/Undertaker type deal, I would think he is best suited for WWE. TNA has really started disappointing me. I really want them to succeed but it's frustrating how slow "progress" is going and lots of people are to blame.