PDA

View Full Version : **Spoiler** AJ out of Immortal???? The future of Fortune

body slam
12-28-2010, 06:38 PM
I'm sure most of us read "Douglas Williams will defend the Television Championship against AJ Styles. Should Styles lose the match, he will be booted from Immortal." as reported by Ryan Clark

So does AJ get the title or is this the first step in the origionals taking TNA back?

Since all member of Fortune are in title matches will they all win? If they all lose will they all be kicked out of Immortal? or Does Fortune pull away from Immortal?

The Brown One
12-28-2010, 06:59 PM
I'm sure most of us read "Douglas Williams will defend the Television Championship against AJ Styles. Should Styles lose the match, he will be booted from Immortal." as reported by Ryan Clark

So does AJ get the title or is this the first step in the origionals taking TNA back?

Since all member of Fortune are in title matches will they all win? If they all lose will they all be kicked out of Immortal? or Does Fortune pull away from Immortal?

I don't care how they do it, but I want Fortune and Immortal to disband. Theyr'e pretty much one big faction right now, and are boring as hell, except for Flair, because he can still cut one hell of a promo.

I'm sure TNA wouldn't let Doug lose that belt so fast, I mean, he just won it! He broke out of his old self, the odd one and most boring to watch, besides Kaz, to someone who I look forward to see every week, as our TV Champion. I hope AJ turns face, since I'm just not buying his act as a heel. But knowing TNA, Russo will screw this up somehow, and prolong Fortune/Immortal's demise, and lower the prestige of the TV title by having AJ win it.

thejman93
12-28-2010, 07:52 PM
I don't care how they do it, but I want Fortune and Immortal to disband. Theyr'e pretty much one big faction right now, and are boring as hell, except for Flair, because he can still cut one hell of a promo.

I'm sure TNA wouldn't let Doug lose that belt so fast, I mean, he just won it! He broke out of his old self, the odd one and most boring to watch, besides Kaz, to someone who I look forward to see every week, as our TV Champion. I hope AJ turns face, since I'm just not buying his act as a heel. But knowing TNA, Russo will screw this up somehow, and prolong Fortune/Immortal's demise, and lower the prestige of the TV title by having AJ win it.

Having AJ Styles win a title doesn't lower it's prestige in the least IMO

C.M.Nexus
12-28-2010, 08:33 PM
I would love to see AJ leave Fourtune, and form a major Face faction with Morgan, Anderson, Pope, RVD, Angle, Williams, and the returning Desmond Wolfe. Sadly, I think Russo will somehow screw this up.

The Brown One
12-28-2010, 09:15 PM
Having AJ Styles win a title doesn't lower it's prestige in the least IMO

I knew someone was going to bring that up. Of course it doesn't, but I'd rather see TNA build up other stars besides their top-Kurt, AJ etc, so that when they retire, or get injured, or whatever, TNA can count on the new stars to deliver.

Firebrand
12-28-2010, 09:23 PM
I knew someone was going to bring that up. Of course it doesn't, but I'd rather see TNA build up other stars besides their top-Kurt, AJ etc, so that when they retire, or get injured, or whatever, TNA can count on the new stars to deliver.

I think tna needs to build up AJ more, along with Joe, Morgan, Guns, Beer Money ...ect. From my point of view those guys are tna's foundation. Those are the guys people name when someone asks "who is TNA?". Not Hardy or RVD or even Kurt. Someone mentioned a while back on the forums that tna needs to reinforce its core roster and let them carry the weight. I didnt think that was right then, but now I think thats exactly whats needed. TNA isnt going to get someone like Cena or Orton to give the entire company the big push it needs so they need to fall back on the people that got em this far. Moving AJ away from Immortal and having a fued between them would be a great story for tna fans to watch. AJ is after all undoubtedly the face of TNA as much as John Cena is the face of the WWE right now. It would be good to see AJ "save" TNA from the bad guys.

The Brown One
12-28-2010, 10:48 PM
I think tna needs to build up AJ more, along with Joe, Morgan, Guns, Beer Money ...ect. From my point of view those guys are tna's foundation. Those are the guys people name when someone asks "who is TNA?". Not Hardy or RVD or even Kurt. Someone mentioned a while back on the forums that tna needs to reinforce its core roster and let them carry the weight. I didnt think that was right then, but now I think thats exactly whats needed. TNA isnt going to get someone like Cena or Orton to give the entire company the big push it needs so they need to fall back on the people that got em this far. Moving AJ away from Immortal and having a fued between them would be a great story for tna fans to watch. AJ is after all undoubtedly the face of TNA as much as John Cena is the face of the WWE right now. It would be good to see AJ "save" TNA from the bad guys.

You actually make a good point. TNA needs to focus on the stars that made the company, that they still have left. And then push the other stars. It seems that they have forgotten about TNAs originals like AJ, Kurt(to an extent) and Samoa Joe.

tittle97
12-28-2010, 11:45 PM
If TNA is smart, they will pull the plug on bringing ANYBODY that had wrestled in WWE and build up their core guys. There's nothing wrong with RVD/Angle, but Hardy, Hogan, EV2 guys, etc even bringing Matt Hardy in. It needs to stop. They need a change desperately. Their roster is loaded with talent but it just looks like a clusterfuck.

The Brown One
12-29-2010, 01:49 AM
Their roster is loaded with talent but it just looks like a clusterfuck. Exactly. Aquiring great talent from WWE isn't great by itself. Wrestlers still need a build up.

And I feel that they are ignoring their original talent. These guys should be focused on more than someone from the WWE who entered TNA.

MattElder
12-29-2010, 06:08 AM
If i was Russo and co my main objective would be AJ and Hernandez.... they have the world at their feet in them 2 and i would be pushing the hell out of them!!!!!!

The Brown One
12-29-2010, 06:33 AM
If i was Russo and co my main objective would be AJ and Hernandez.... they have the world at their feet in them 2 and i would be pushing the hell out of them!!!!!!

Well Hernandez is inactive at the moment and I've got no idea what hes doing. Care to shed some light on him?

Juvenile Junkie
12-29-2010, 07:36 AM
Turn AJ Styles into babyface,considering how few truely big stars are TNA homegrown,I don't see why they should be heel

Lowki
12-29-2010, 09:44 AM
Fortune and immortal suck because they are supposed to be this huge faction controlling TNA...Yet they rarely do anything. They are kind of a Corporation/Four Horseman merger... But they just totally dropped the ball on this one.

Back on topic, Still don't buy AJ as a heel so hopefully he's out.

Xpacfan
12-29-2010, 09:49 AM

A spoiler alert or something would have been nice...GEE, THANKS! Well now that I know, I think Styles will compete for the world title again and a counter alliance will be formed in opposition to Immortal...how soon? Dunno, maybe you and Ryan Clark can share that as well (j/k)

Bodom
12-29-2010, 09:53 AM
A spoiler alert or something would have been nice...GEE, THANKS! Well now that I know, I think a counter alliance will be formed in opposition to Immortal...how soon? Dunno, maybe you and Ryan Clark can share that as well (j/k)

Wow I didn't even know that was a spoiler for this week's Impact!

To the Spoiler section!!

Xpacfan
12-29-2010, 09:55 AM
Not a problem

But seriously...Styles leaving the group could be seen a mile away. You can't have a group of guys protecting the current champion when one is a top competitor for it as well. He wasn't going to settle for the TV title for too much longer. The same thing happened between Triple H and The Rock in The Corporation...somebody eventually just had to go.

SilverGhost
12-29-2010, 09:56 AM
Well Hernandez is inactive at the moment and I've got no idea what hes doing. Care to shed some light on him?

Hernandez is in Mexico wrestling for the AAA I believe.