PDA

View Full Version : New Tournament by S.E.S!! **OFFICIAL "Make Your Picks," THREAD**

xStraightxEdgexSaviorx
12-28-2010, 08:17 PM
Hello everyone, back again with a brand spankin new tournament, and just like the last one, me and you together will be picking who makes this one. What is different about this tournament is that we won't be looking at individual success, but more of a concerted effort between two (or more) parties. Yes ladies and gentleman, this time we will be discussing the GREATEST RIVALRIES AND FEUDS of all time. Another difference between this tournament and the last one is that it will consist of rivalries from ALL the different promotions, not just the WWE. Yes, WCW, ECW, TNA, NWA, Indys, and Japan feuds can/will be included in this one. One last difference with this tournament is the fact that there will be NO automatic entrances this time around. Last time this created confusion and controversy, so I'm eliminating it altogether. With that being said:

**IF YOU READ NOTHING ELSE IN THIS POST, PLEASE READ THIS PART** What I'd like for everyone to do then, is to pick your 16 favorite rivalries and feuds from any promotion in wrestling history and list them in this post. Exactly 48 hours after this post is up, I will tally all your votes up and whatever 16 rivalries get the most votes will be official entrants in the tournament. Remember, the tournament cannot go on without your feedback, so if you have an opinion at all, I hope you will post it here, even if you can't think of 16, just list as many as you can!!

Here are my official 16 picks for who I think should be in the tournament:
1. Roddy Piper vs Hulk Hogan
2. Shawn Michaels vs Bret Hart
3. Stone Cold Steve Austin vs The Rock
4. Stone Cold Steve Austin vs Vince McMahon
5. Kurt Angle vs Brock Lesnar
6. Attitude Era Tag Teams (specifically E and C vs Hardy Boyz vs Dudley Boyz)
7. Undertaker vs Kane
8. Bret Hart vs Owen Hart
9. Chris Benoit vs Kurt Angle
10. Mitsuharu Misawa vs Kenta Kobashi
11. AJ Styles vs Samoa Joe
12. Bryan Danielson vs Nigel McGuiness
13. Edge vs John Cena
14. John Cena vs Randy Orton
15. Undertaker vs Mankind
16. Raven vs. Tommy Dreamer

Okay, so I hope this doesn't confuse anyone, but just to get the ball rolling so to speak, here are 25 other rivalries that were also great and that I think deserve some consideration. Again, just because I didn't pick them, doesn't mean that you can't pick them.

1. Rock and Roll Express vs Midnight Express
2. Samoa Joe vs Kurt Angle
3. Sting vs Ric Flair
4. Randy Savage vs Hulk Hogan
5. Shawn Michaels vs Triple H
6. Stone Cold Steve Austin vs Triple H
7. Lita vs Trish Stratus
8. Jeff Hardy vs CM Punk
9. CM Punk vs Samoa Joe
10. Sting vs NWO
11. Goldberg vs NWO
12. Eric Bischoff vs Vince McMahon
13. The Rock vs Triple H
14. Batista vs John Cena
15. Randy Orton vs HHH
16. The Rock vs Mankind
17. Edge vs Undertaker
18. Undertaker vs Shawn Michaels
19. Triple H vs Mick Foley
20. Larry Zbysco vs Brunno Sammartino
21. Hulk Hogan vs. Sgt. Slaughter
22. Chris Jericho vs Shawn Michaels
23. Matt Hardy vs Edge
24. Ultimate Warrior vs Papa Shango
25. Jushin Liger vs Keiji Mutoh

*SIDE NOTE* I think what makes this tournament so unique is that it's very personalized. Different feuds can strike people differently, and I think we all have different opinions as to what makes a rivalry truly great. For instance, one might think that the most important thing about a rivalry is the buildup, whereas others may think that the match has to be an awesome display of physical attributes for the rivalry to be great. To me, I think a lot of things contribute to a rivalries greatness, such as match quality, buildup, longevity, ability top stand the test of time, crowd reaction to matches/promos, any personal heat between the two parties (i.e. Shawn Micheals vs. Bret Hart or Edge vs. Matt Hardy), and how much money has the rivalry made for the company.

MattElder
12-29-2010, 12:44 PM
Alrighty been looking forward to this one!!! heres my 16

1.Matt Hardy vs Edge
2.Stone cold vs Vinnie Mac
3.WWF vs The Alliance
4.Kurt Angle Vs AJ Styles
5.Dudleys v E&C v Hardys
6.The Rock Vs Stone Cold
7.The Rock Vs Rikishi
8. Dreamer vs Raven
9.Lita vs Trish
10. Undertaker vs Kane
11. Stone \cold vs Brett Hart
12.Mankind vs Undertaker
13.Ricky Steamboat vs Rick Flair
14. Ultimate Warrior vs Papa Shango ( still think the oil out of warriors hair as one of the best promos ever)
15. John Cena vs Edge
16. Razor vs 123 Kidd

A few differant in there. I also know ive missed so many great ones that have just escaped my mind but i guess thats the beuty of this topic, When does Voting end SES?

xStraightxEdgexSaviorx
12-29-2010, 02:06 PM
Sounds great MattElder, I've got you down. Voting ends at exactly 8:20 pm (E.T.) tomorrow. I do hope I get a few more votes in at least.

MattElder
12-29-2010, 02:20 PM
think is prob with time machine group, ud have though with it bein a success mods would allow it in others

xStraightxEdgexSaviorx
12-29-2010, 03:20 PM
think is prob with time machine group, ud have though with it bein a success mods would allow it in others

That's the thing, the mods feel like I'm clogging up the WWE section, which I do understand, so they move them all here. That's okay, I'm thinking aboiut getting a sig that would direct them to this section with a link, but I don't know how to make sigs.

MattElder
12-29-2010, 03:22 PM
sure the mods would help, could maybe do with its own section?

Kashdinero
12-29-2010, 04:32 PM
Off the top of my head (I'm on my way to work!) in no particular order.

Sasuke v Michinoku
Misawa v Kobashi
Muto v Chono
NJPW V UWFI
WCW V NWO
Sullivan V Rhodes
Flair V Sting
Midnights v RnR's
El Generico v Steen
McGuiness v Danielson
Lowki v Danielson
ROH V CZW
Dynamite Kid v Tiger Mask (satoru sayama)
Raven v Dreamer
Taz V Sabu
Lyger v Pegasus

While I'm here I have to say that, while the greatest rivalries and feuds thing makes a great discussion that could go on for ever, it doesn't make for a very good tournament. The subject is WAY too vast to fairly narrow it down to a field of 16. If anything it SHOULD have been specific to 1 or 2 promotions. Sorry, but that's just the way I feel about this.

But what do I know!

helmsley
12-29-2010, 04:37 PM
1.El santo vs Blue demon (this one is a classic, it started all feuds in mex)
2.Stone cold vs Vinnie Mac
3.WWF vs The Alliance
4.Kurt Angle Vs AJ Styles
5.Dudleys v E&C v Hardys
6.The Rock Vs Stone Cold
7.The Rock Vs Lesnar
8. Sabu vs Rvd
9.Lita vs Trish
10. Undertaker vs Kane
11. Stone \cold vs Brett Hart
12.Mankind vs Undertaker
13.Jericho vs The rock
14. Ultimate Warrior vs Hogan
15. John Cena vs Edge
16. Atlantis vs Villano lll

Tommy Thunder
12-29-2010, 07:40 PM
Right here goes!!

Shawn Michaels vs Chris Jericho
Shawn Michaels vs Kurt Angle
Shawn Michaels vs HHH
Stone Cold vs Vince McMahon
DX vs McMahons
DX vs Rated RKO
Matt Hardy vs Edge
Jeff Hardy vs CM Punk
Matt Hardy vs Jeff Hardy
Tommy Dreamer vs Raven
Sting vs Ric Flair
Kurt Angle vs Brock Lesnar
Team Xtreme vs Duddley Boyz vs E & C
Randy Savage vs Hulk Hogan
Undertaker vs Kane
Rey Mysterio vs Eddie Guerrero

xStraightxEdgexSaviorx
12-29-2010, 09:44 PM
Here we go! This is a much better response than I anticipated after the first few hours of posting. Glad to see some of the other promotions (besides WWE, WCW, and TNA) getting a lot of votes. Oh and to KashDinero, I think the broadness of the topic is what makes it great, because it's so much different than the last one. It's far more opinionated and it will make for some excellent discussions imo. I don't really see how including all promotions could be a problem really. The only way it could be an issue is having a hard time trying to pick your 16 considering how many epic feuds there were, but once the tournament gets going, I think it'll be a lot more fun!!

Bodom
12-29-2010, 11:16 PM
That's the thing, the mods feel like I'm clogging up the WWE section, which I do understand, so they move them all here. That's okay, I'm thinking aboiut getting a sig that would direct them to this section with a link, but I don't know how to make sigs.

-View profile

-edit profile

-edit signature

xStraightxEdgexSaviorx
12-30-2010, 12:32 AM
Thanks Bodom.

Kashdinero
12-30-2010, 02:35 AM
I'm sure I'll enjoy it nonetheless dude. Just being picky.... Thumbs up for your efforts Sir.

Its a Shame you can't put an advert with a link to this thread in the WWE and TNA sections.

xStraightxEdgexSaviorx
12-30-2010, 03:23 AM
I'm sure I'll enjoy it nonetheless dude. Just being picky.... Thumbs up for your efforts Sir.

Its a Shame you can't put an advert with a link to this thread in the WWE and TNA sections.

Yeah it'll be fun. I do see what you mean though about it being a broad topic. Btw, whats an advert?

Tommy Thunder
12-30-2010, 07:49 AM
Thanks Bodom.

If you like I'll put the link in my sig too, the more people do it, the more awareness it'll get.

thejman93
12-30-2010, 02:34 PM
New S.E.S. Tournament, yay!

1 Austin-McMahon
2 Dreamer-Raven
3 RVD-Jerry Lynn
4 AJ-Joe
5 WWE/F-The Alliance
6 Flair-Sting
7 'Taker-Kane
8 'Taker-Mankind
9 E&C-Hardyz-Team 3D
10 Beer Money-MCMG
11 HHH-HBK
12 DX-Vince
13 HBK-Bret
14 Bret-Owen
15 HBK-'Taker
16 Russo-sanity

xStraightxEdgexSaviorx
12-30-2010, 03:30 PM
New S.E.S. Tournament, yay!

1 Austin-McMahon
2 Dreamer-Raven
3 RVD-Jerry Lynn
4 AJ-Joe
5 WWE/F-The Alliance
6 Flair-Sting
7 'Taker-Kane
8 'Taker-Mankind
9 E&C-Hardyz-Team 3D
10 Beer Money-MCMG
11 HHH-HBK
12 DX-Vince
13 HBK-Bret
14 Bret-Owen
15 HBK-'Taker
16 Russo-sanity

Looks like we have our early favorite!! Seriously that made me lol so hard.

Kashdinero
12-30-2010, 03:48 PM
Yeah it'll be fun. I do see what you mean though about it being a broad topic. Btw, whats an advert?

A commercial. An advertitsement. A thread with a link to this thread.

xStraightxEdgexSaviorx
12-30-2010, 05:36 PM
If you like I'll put the link in my sig too, the more people do it, the more awareness it'll get.

That would be awesome man thanks! I definatly agree that the more people that participate the funner the tournament is. That's why I'm gonna try to post on as many a new threads as possible today.

**For everyone**

Here are the updated rankings as of right now:
Austin vs. McMahon 5
Dreamer vs. Raven 5
Undertaker vs. Kane 5
E&C vs. Hardyz vs. Dudley Boyz 5
Undertaker vs. Mankind 4
Stone Cold Steve Austin vs The Rock 3
WWE/F-The Alliance 3
Flair-Sting 3
AJ-Joe 2
HHH-HBK 2
DX-Vince 2
HBK-Bret 2
Bret-Owen 2
Kurt Angle vs Brock Lesnar 2
Mitsuharu Misawa vs Kenta Kobashi 2
Bryan Danielson vs Nigel McGuiness 2
Edge vs John Cena 2
John Cena vs Randy Orton 2
Matt Hardy vs Edge 2
Kurt Angle Vs AJ Styles 2
Lita vs Trish 2
Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. Brett Hart 2
RVD-Jerry Lynn 1
Beer Money-MCMG 1
HBK-'Taker 1
Russo-sanity 1
Roddy Piper vs Hulk Hogan 1
Chris Benoit vs Kurt Angle 1
The Rock Vs Rikishi 1
Ricky Steamboat vs Rick Flair 1
Ultimate Warrior vs Papa Shango 1
Sasuke v Michinoku 1
Muto v Chono 1
NJPW V UWFI 1
WCW V NOW 1
Sullivan V Rhodes 1
Midnights v RnR's 1
El Generico v Steen 1
Lowki v Danielson 1
ROH V CZW 1
Dynamite Kid v Tiger Mask 1
Taz V Sabu 1
Lyger v Pegasus 1
El santo vs Blue demon 1
The Rock Vs Lesnar 1
Sabu vs Rvd 1
Jericho vs The rock 1
Ultimate Warrior vs Hogan 1
Atlantis vs Villano lll 1
Shawn Michaels vs Chris Jericho 1
Shawn Michaels vs Kurt Angle 1
DX vs Rated RKO 1
Jeff Hardy vs CM Punk 1
Matt Hardy vs Jeff Hardy 1
Randy Savage vs Hulk Hogan 1
Rey Mysterio vs Eddie Guerrero 1

Wow that took a while lol. Alright so I know I said voting ends exactly 48 hours after the thread is posted but I decided to extend the voting period until 12 midnight tonight. There are A LOT of guys tied for the last spots at 2 right now, so I hope to get a few more responses to shine some light on this. And just so everyone knows, if there does end up being a tie (which will most likely happen) I will put it up to a vote on a poll, and if more than 10 guys are tied, I, being the creater of the thread, will decide which ten make it to the poll.

xStraightxEdgexSaviorx
12-31-2010, 12:43 AM
Okay everyone, voting has been officially over now for about a half hour and we have a tie for the final 8 spots between 14 rivalries. I was hoping to get a couple more votes in to clarify things a bit more, but this will have to do. The only fair way to decide who makes the cut and who does not is democratically, so I will be posting an entirely new thread momentarily with a poll this time. Problem is that there can only be 10 poll options so I will be the one who gets it down to ten. From there on it will be up to all of us to decide which rivalries make the cut.