PDA

View Full Version : CM Punk Will Beat The Undertaker At WrestleMania XXIX

Rated_R(ob)KO
03-05-2013, 04:00 AM
None of you want to hear it or admit it but, it will happen. CM Punk has risen to be established as one of the major top players in THE 'E right now. Company face or not, there's not very many people ahead of him on the food chain currently. Hell, he's one of only five guys that have their own company provided tour buses for crying out loud. I know the IWC has been crying foul since he's lost his Championship and that actually brings me to my point...

Backstage it's known that CM Punk speaks his mind, doesn't bow down and makes snap decisions. It's been THOROUGHLY documented at this point... hence why I believe that he had to get something after losing the WWE Championship. His run was legendary in the fact that no one else has accomplished it. Stone Cold, The Rock, Bret Hart, Shawn Michaels, John Cena, Randy Orton... none of them in this generation have pulled off what the brass felt that Punk could pull off.

I believe that the only way CM Punk agreed to face The Undertaker was if he were to be the one to end the streak. You have two options, be the man to beat Undertaker or be the man to lose to John Cena or The Rock at Wrestlemania... I'd choose Undertakers streak any day of the week personally. Now, I'm not saying that this is exactly how it's going down backstage but I am saying that Punk got something out of losing that Championship and just a match isn't worth it. Undertaker or not.

CM Punk's accomplishments are insane at this point... and this win will establish fully everything about him. Two time money in the bank winner (Once being at the 25th Anniversary of Wrestlemania.), Won the WWE Championship at the 25th Anniversary of Survivor Series, retained through the 25th Anniversary of Royal Rumble (And 26th.), Was WWE Champion for the 1,000th and 20th Anniversary episodes of RAW, not to mention WHC, ECW, Intercontinental, Tag-Team Champion as well. His list will continue to grow and The Undertaker will be next on that list.

Best. In. The. World.

AWrestlingGod
03-05-2013, 04:09 AM
I'd love to see Punk end the streak, but I feel once the streak ends Undertaker retires, and I remember hearing rumors that Undertaker has a few more Wrestlemania's in him. I believe he will have a streak match against John Cena next year. But if Undertaker is ready to retire, I would welcome a CM Punk win. But I wouldn't mind it if WWE could build a younger star, and had him beat Undertaker maybe at Wrestlemania 31. But still if CM Punk wins it would be great, to see his hard work pay off. (Though being one of the longest reigning champions in the last decade, still speaks volumes, and makes him a sure-fire hall of famer)

Wade Barrett 1979
03-05-2013, 04:09 AM
I think he will too. I don't really want to see it happen but if this has been Taker's own choice I can see Punk going over him.

Robstar
03-05-2013, 04:15 AM
I don't understand why you're speaking as if Punk had some sort of entitlement to the WWE championship and so they needed to bargain with him to "give it up". As if he was somehow holding some sort of trump card on the company and it using it as a bargaining chip to get what he wants. You're not one of the few people left that actually believes Punk was going to leave WWE with the championship - as if he could take it anywhere and write his own ticket and get paid who knows how much, are you? Because that idea is pretty ridiculous.

Punk might have a say backstage in WWE and I suspect he politicks on a HHH level but when it's all said and done, Undertaker has more. If anyone decides the streaks fate, it's him. I don't believe even Vince could tell him to do it if he didn't want to, otherwise he'd walk. I firmly believe that because he doesn't need WWE at this stage.

Despite your equation that I may not agree with, I do have a level of agreement on the outcome of it; that they may give it to Punk. Or indeed, that Undertaker will LET him have it. I mentioned this earlier today in the Raw Peel that I could seriously see Punk being the man, in spite how I might feel about ending the streak which matters diddly squat.

I just wonder if they do this, what next for Punk? How much higher can they fly with him before the inevitable burn out? Because nothing - nothing - lasts forever.

Rated_R(ob)KO
03-05-2013, 04:21 AM
I don't understand why you're speaking as if Punk had some sort of entitlement to the WWE championship and so they needed to bargain with him to "give it up". As if he was somehow holding some sort of trump card on the company and it using it as a bargaining chip to get what he wants. You're not one of the few people left that actually believes Punk was going to leave WWE with the championship - as if he could take it anywhere and write his own ticket and get paid who knows how much, are you? Because that idea is pretty ridiculous.

Punk might have a say backstage in WWE and I suspect he politicks on a HHH level but when it's all said and done, Undertaker has more. If anyone decides the streaks fate, it's him. I don't believe even Vince could tell him to do it if he didn't want to, otherwise he'd walk. I firmly believe that because he doesn't need WWE at this stage.

Despite your equation that I may not agree with, I do have a level of agreement on the outcome of it; that they may give it to Punk. Or indeed, that Undertaker will LET him have it. I mentioned this earlier today in the Raw Peel that I could seriously see Punk being the man, in spite how I might feel about ending the streak which matters diddly squat.

I just wonder if they do this, what next for Punk? How much higher can they fly with him before the inevitable burn out? Because nothing - nothing - lasts forever.

I'm speaking in a speculative manner. I do know that Punk held his contract for hostage and I do know it was all due to the name and licensing. There were a lot of real world repercussions that happened in 2011 when everything "played out" on TV the way it did. They borrowed a lot of what was going on behind the scenes to add fuel to the fire so to speak. And since then Punk has had the upper hand in many ways... I know that Undertaker asked specifically to work with Punk this year and obviously Punk accepted it.

I believe that a deal had to go down backstage is all. I believe politicking played a larger part than we may even realize. The truth is, none of us are creative, none of us are VKM so we'll never know all the finer details. But I do know that something had to be done.

AWrestlingGod
03-05-2013, 04:21 AM

Yea that's a lot of what I was thinking, if Punk beats the streak, and just had one of the longest WWE Championship reigns in history what's left for him to do. I mean if Stone Cold wants to come back I can see those two work one more match at Wrestlemania, but other than that I don't see what Punk would have left to accomplish.

Rated_R(ob)KO
03-05-2013, 04:23 AM

And to answer the bolded, Punk himself stated that he wouldn't be wrestling past 2016 or 2017. He's saved more than enough money to live happily for the rest of his days.

AWrestlingGod
03-05-2013, 04:26 AM
And to answer the bolded, Punk himself stated that he wouldn't be wrestling past 2016 or 2017. He's saved more than enough money to live happily for the rest of his days.

If that's the case, and CM Punk has a lot of pull backstage, I wonder if he can get his retirement match to be against Daniel Bryan at Wrestlemania. That is legit the best way for Punk to go out. Our have another match with Cena of course.

Robstar
03-05-2013, 04:34 AM
I'm speaking in a speculative manner. I do know that Punk held his contract for hostage and I do know it was all due to the name and licensing. There were a lot of real world repercussions that happened in 2011 when everything "played out" on TV the way it did. They borrowed a lot of what was going on behind the scenes to add fuel to the fire so to speak. And since then Punk has had the upper hand in many ways... I know that Undertaker asked specifically to work with Punk this year and obviously Punk accepted it.

I believe that a deal had to go down backstage is all. I believe politicking played a larger part than we may even realize. The truth is, none of us are creative, none of us are VKM so we'll never know all the finer details. But I do know that something had to be done.

True that that storyline reflected what was really going on, but I still think Punk does the business. For jebus sake, if he lay down for Cena, what's a loss to Undertaker going to matter? When it comes down to it, Punk doesn't mind losing as much as his fans mind him losing. Not that the WWE would pay attention to it but they are wringing Punk dry. He'll be a spent force within 3 years if the make him Icarus. Still, doesn't mean it won't happen.

And really, wouldn't working with Undertaker at Wrestlemania be a good enough deal in itself? There's far more interest in an Undertaker match than a WWE or World title match anyway. They're giving Punk the chance to work with the REAL top guy (and everyone knows he is) and that would be reward enough. That's my opinion.

Robstar
03-05-2013, 04:36 AM

I will believe it when that happens R(ob). Too many people hang on because they don't know what else to do. (but maybe that 3 years I mentioned will be enough. Time will only tell)

Rated_R(ob)KO
03-05-2013, 04:37 AM
True that that storyline reflected what was really going on, but I still think Punk does the business. For jebus sake, if he lay down for Cena, what's a loss to Undertaker going to matter? When it comes down to it, Punk doesn't mind losing as much as his fans mind him losing. Not that the WWE would pay attention to it but they are wringing Punk dry. He'll be a spent force within 3 years if the make him Icarus. Still, doesn't mean it won't happen.

And really, wouldn't working with Undertaker at Wrestlemania be a good enough deal in itself? There's far more interest in an Undertaker match than a WWE or World title match anyway. They're giving Punk the chance to work with the REAL top guy (and everyone knows he is) and that would be reward enough. That's my opinion.

I believe there to be a lot of truth in your last paragraph but I still stand firm that there had to be something more. I don't know, again... we'll never know the true stories but I feel that in Punk's mind maybe just going against Undertaker at 'Mania might not be enough... especially given their last feud...

Robstar
03-05-2013, 04:40 AM
We'll find out soon enough! (the outcome anyway, not the politics)

Jack Newport
03-05-2013, 05:15 AM
Mother of God. There's actually a serious discussion about this.

If this thread isn't a joke, then I'll leave the IWC to join the adult casual fans in deliberate ignorant bliss. Dead fucking serious.

Tommy Thunder
03-05-2013, 05:23 AM
Can't see it happening personally. We'll see I guess.

SHW
03-05-2013, 06:09 AM
the only superstar to even be considered to beat Taker at Mania is Cena.

no way does vince give an indy guy a 430 day title reign AND beat Taker at Mania in the same year.

that is only something a megastar could do, and as good as punk is, he is not a megastar in terms of drawing power.

goodomens
03-05-2013, 06:34 AM
as big as a punk fan i personally am, i'm not even sure i want to see that happen.

akbar
03-05-2013, 06:45 AM
We get this every fucking year. Lol When will people realise the streak will never end?

swanny316
03-05-2013, 06:51 AM
C M Punk will not end the Streak. I am a Big Punk fan and was pissed that he dropped the title to the Rock. I agree there is not a lot left for Punk except a Rumble win plus the undertaker match will be the Co main event for Wrestlemania which is why he would want it. No shame in losing to the Undertaker as long as the writers do a good build and keep Punk going strong after the PPV.

The main question is how do you use Punk after wrestlemania who should he fued with?

Wade Barrett 1979
03-05-2013, 07:00 AM
No one beats The Undertaker at WM but if anyone does it should be Cena, next year at WM. After Cena would be known as the best ever.

I'm torn, I never wanted to see the streak end but I'd much rather see the drive by IWC go tits at Cena beating the streak. :D

Steve Austin
03-05-2013, 07:03 AM
I'm torn, I never wanted to see the streak end but I'd much rather see the drive by IWC go tits at Cena beating the streak. :D

:rolleyes:

What no rolleyes?! :D

Haha, there is no one on the roster anywhere near his level of accomplishments. If anyone deserves to do it, it's him!

Shaz11
03-05-2013, 07:05 AM

That would be so bloody funny. I could just imagine Wrestling_Deluxe making a new YouTube video about how he isn't gonna watch WWE again. :eek:

As much as I love him, Punk should not break the streak- it shouldn't end IMO.

jackw9
03-05-2013, 07:09 AM
Wwe doesn't owe punk anything a match against taker these days is a reward. I'll bet u a £1000 taker wins

Tommy Thunder
03-05-2013, 07:14 AM
Haha, there is no one on the roster anywhere near his level of accomplishments. If anyone deserves to do it, it's him!

HBK and HHH 'deserved' to do it if we're going on level of accomplishments. But neither did do it. So I fail to see why you think Cena deserves to do it.

Stihltygre
03-05-2013, 07:31 AM
ok it's been said more than once That Taker is ok with the streak ending, and he wants Kane to end it. Vince wants the streak to go unbroken... therefore... the streak will go unbroken because Vince McMahon has the most influence on ... Vince McMahon....

Tomsta666
03-05-2013, 07:41 AM
Nope. the streak will remain unbroken. I'm glad that Punk has got his high profile wrestlemania match, but him winning is totally out of the equation.

GiantHaystacks
03-05-2013, 08:22 AM
For Punk to beat Taker it would mean the 'E thinks he is better than Ric Flair, HBK, HHH, hell, even the team of Big Show and Albert :p...

If this does happen I will fly out to Titan Towers and take a dump on their front steps.

Tommy Thunder
03-05-2013, 08:31 AM
Nope. the streak will remain unbroken. I'm glad that Punk has got his high profile wrestlemania match, but him winning is totally out of the equation.

This in a nutshell.

For Punk to beat Taker it would mean the 'E thinks he is better than Ric Flair, HBK, HHH, hell, even the team of Big Show and Albert :p...

If this does happen I will fly out to Titan Towers and take a dump on their front steps.

No you won't!

GiantHaystacks
03-05-2013, 08:40 AM
This in a nutshell.

No you won't!

Probably not...but the intent is there.

ldbryant55
03-05-2013, 10:35 AM
Amen, I agree 100%. Every year we get 100 blogs about who's going to do it and why. Wake up people, it's NEVER going to happen. EVER. Get over it.

El T Draino 316
03-05-2013, 10:36 AM
@Shaz11 - Awesome, awesome signature pic. (Is that what that's called?)

OT: If any negotiations took place, I suppose its possible Punk requested a match with Taker once he knew he was going to drop the title to The Rock. But, actually ending The Streak? No - at the end of the day, getting to be THE GUY chosen to fight Taker is the big reward. He's already won by being Taker's opponent.

This time every year I mention the potential of a draw, perhaps both collapsing for more than 10. Both men push each other to the limit, the opponent "ends the winning streak", but Taker remains 'undefeated.' 20-0-1 has a certain ring to it, I suppose.

Karsten Langenfeld
03-05-2013, 11:29 AM
Look at the list of people Taker defeated at WM. Now. look at Punk. Do you REALLY think he is better than all those? Because that is what it would mean to defeat Taker to end the streak. It would mean to be the best wrestler of all times, the one big thing, nothing less. And Punk just isnt. He isnt even better than half the people Taker took on at WM.

DK Wrestling Savior
03-05-2013, 11:38 AM
None of you want to hear it or admit it but, it will happen. CM Punk has risen to be established as one of the major top players in THE 'E right now. Company face or not, there's not very many people ahead of him on the food chain currently. Hell, he's one of only five guys that have their own company provided tour buses for crying out loud. I know the IWC has been crying foul since he's lost his Championship and that actually brings me to my point...

Backstage it's known that CM Punk speaks his mind, doesn't bow down and makes snap decisions. It's been THOROUGHLY documented at this point... hence why I believe that he had to get something after losing the WWE Championship. His run was legendary in the fact that no one else has accomplished it. Stone Cold, The Rock, Bret Hart, Shawn Michaels, John Cena, Randy Orton... none of them in this generation have pulled off what the brass felt that Punk could pull off.

I believe that the only way CM Punk agreed to face The Undertaker was if he were to be the one to end the streak. You have two options, be the man to beat Undertaker or be the man to lose to John Cena or The Rock at Wrestlemania... I'd choose Undertakers streak any day of the week personally. Now, I'm not saying that this is exactly how it's going down backstage but I am saying that Punk got something out of losing that Championship and just a match isn't worth it. Undertaker or not.

CM Punk's accomplishments are insane at this point... and this win will establish fully everything about him. Two time money in the bank winner (Once being at the 25th Anniversary of Wrestlemania.), Won the WWE Championship at the 25th Anniversary of Survivor Series, retained through the 25th Anniversary of Royal Rumble (And 26th.), Was WWE Champion for the 1,000th and 20th Anniversary episodes of RAW, not to mention WHC, ECW, Intercontinental, Tag-Team Champion as well. His list will continue to grow and The Undertaker will be next on that list.

Best. In. The. World.

There's a better chance of you walking out your front door tomorrow and getting run over by a giant blue & red striped T-Rex.

GiantHaystacks
03-05-2013, 11:42 AM
Riding a pink tricycle

Rathin Rao
03-05-2013, 11:51 AM
if Punk beats Taker.....he may never be Cheered as a face(by casual fans)......ONLY the minority IWC will..

gank
03-05-2013, 11:57 AM
I'm a big CM Punk fan , i definitely want him to win against Taker. But now comes the reality check : Taker should never lose at Mania and if that happens it will be Cena. Why ? Because he is Super Cena and he puts smiles on people faces . WWE is booking matches nowadays just for the casual fans. And casual fans likes babyfaces and boring people like Cena.

SaberToothTigerz
03-05-2013, 11:59 AM
here we go again....

no one will end taker's streak

End of discussion

Wade Barrett 1979
03-05-2013, 11:59 AM
I'm a big CM Punk fan , i definitely want him to win against Taker. But now comes the reality check : Taker should never lose at Mania and if that happens it will be Cena. Why ? Because he is Super Cena and he puts smiles on people faces . WWE is booking matches nowadays just for the casual fans. And casual fans likes babyfaces and boring people like Cena.

Oh to be a member of the glorious drive by IWC. :rolleyes:

Darkside Ron Garvin
03-05-2013, 01:03 PM

Or a better "Why Cena should end the Taker's streak" is because the only person who should end such a legends streak is the face of the company ;)

Taker and Cena have had great chemistry and are actually tied in 1 on 1 encounters (2 wins - 2 losses - 2 no contests for each man). Could be a great match and it would make more sense to have the Face of the current Era be the one to retire the man who has surpassed and lived through many different Era's.

Lowki
03-05-2013, 01:11 PM

I believe that the only way CM Punk agreed to face The Undertaker was if he were to be the one to end the streak.
You have to compare those wrestlers to today then; If CM Punk were around in 1995, do you seriously think he'd do 400+ days with Hart, HBK or an emerging undertaker on the roster? No.
Would he have pulled it off during the attitude era? No. You seriously think Punk would outdraw Stone Cold, The rock, Mankind or Triple H? Not going to happen.

Punk is a product of good timing. He has come in an era that is so cookie cut, that he is one of the highlights of most fans. So yes, he accomplished a great run as a fill in champion but let's be real; He isn't the face of Raw, let alone the WWE. That's something all those you named WERE at one point.
Best in this era, is probably the closest to the truth.

You think Punk would say no to a CHANCE at undertaker if he were to lose? He would jump at the chance to just wrestle him at Wrestlemania. If HBK and Triple H fail TWICE, why would Punk have a better chance? :) Now, it's "rumoured" that Undertaker is actually a fan of Punk's, so it could just be that Undertaker requested the match. Undertaker doesn't need it, but it's a situation where Vince feels the WWE HAS to have the Undertaker appear; and Undertaker appears for the love of the business. I'd say it's possible he's screwed out of a win somehow though. I don't see the point in him losing to The Rock twice, then Cena, but then beats Undertaker.

Dennis
03-05-2013, 01:16 PM
I personally don't understand why there is any sense of entitlement for Punk. Who knows what Punk actually feels about this match, punk was just a kid when this streak started. It is possible that Punk did ask for this match and has no real desire to end such a legendary streak, great matches seem to even overshadow the streak anyway. HBK vs Taker II was one of the greatest matches ever, maybe Punk wants to be apart of one of those legendary matches. Punk vs Taker will steal the show at mania I don't think anyone expects anything less.

thejman93
03-05-2013, 01:17 PM
As some have said, Punk's reward for being a good solider with Rock is facing Undertaker at WM, not beating him.

Playboy Stevie V
03-05-2013, 01:43 PM
Just my opinion, but don't we go through this every year. This will be the year. I've been horrible this year on my predictions, but I'm sticking to this....Undertaker will never lose a WM.

I don't think the WWE will do it.

Great One
03-05-2013, 01:44 PM
I personally think the streak will never end, Undertaker will retire undefeated at Wrestlemania.

THE HEARTBREAK KID
03-05-2013, 01:56 PM
I personally don't think Punk will win.

The only way he will IMO, is if Taker has said this is my last and I want too lose. I can see Taker wrestling next year and facing Cena for his last match.

Also, I don't get the entitlement either, I love Punk.. but after the reign he just had and the things he has won, the company owes him nothing and I would like to think, Wrestling a legend like Taker on his stage, is an honor in it's self.

Just my opinion though.

TheHorn
03-05-2013, 02:30 PM
My guess is that Punk takes a vacation for a bit after losing to Taker, then returns to feud with Cena over the title. In a perfect world (by no means is this a perfect world) Cena turns heel to beat the Rock and goes on a long reign of terror allowing Punk to return as a face after licking his wounds. Whiner Punk is getting old, and the guy's been going hard for a pretty long stretch now. He's due a break, and he's only going to whine and blame the WWE universe even more after Taker beats him. Most likely, he says screw you to the WWE Universe after mania and takes a couple months off. Then, returns at the end of a PPV attacking Cena from behind after Cena puts a stamp on a mini feud with a guy like Mark Henrey. Cena v. Punk for the strap can then run through to Summerslam. Cena/Punk (in some sort of stipulation blowoff, maybe Hell in a Cell) and Brock/Rock will make that a Summerslam worthy card.

Robstar
03-05-2013, 02:42 PM
I fail to see why people are putting forth Cena as an option. It's still the case of what purpose does it serve? To get Cena over? Really?

Also for those who've stated about Cena being the only one and Kane being the only one considered - I believe that the only person the streak was ever offered to was Randy Orton. And he (or someone) turned it down.

I've said it before - pretty hard to sell streak dvds knowing the whole thing was busted at the end.

Dennis
03-05-2013, 02:48 PM
I fail to see why people are putting forth Cena as an option. It's still the case of what purpose does it serve? To get Cena over? Really?

Also for those who've stated about Cena being the only one and Kane being the only one considered - I believe that the only person the streak was ever offered to was Randy Orton. And he (or someone) turned it down.

I've said it before - pretty hard to sell streak dvds knowing the whole thing was busted at the end.
^^^^This.

The only reason to end the streak is to give someone a push! Cena and Punk are already pushed to the moon, why give them this very unnecessary push?

Robstar
03-05-2013, 02:49 PM
^^^^This.

The only reason to end the streak is to give someone a push! Cena and Punk are already pushed to the moon, why give them this very unnecessary push?

Refer to your own sig. :p

Cabers
03-05-2013, 03:15 PM
I. Highly. Doubt. It.

Darkside Ron Garvin
03-05-2013, 03:23 PM

Taker and Cena have had great chemistry and are actually tied in 1 on 1 encounters (2 wins - 2 losses - 2 no contests for each man). Could be a great match and it would make more sense to have the Face of the current Era be the one to retire the man who has surpassed and lived through many different Era's.

Having the Face of the current Era being the one to put down the man who surpasses "Era's" is the only way I can see the streak ending. It's not to put Cena over, but IF (and that's a strong one) they are to allow it to finally end, it should be done by the face of this Era when the previous Era's have failed in my opinion (which would put over the current era; not Cena). The build is already written in their history together, and they have yet to face each other at Mania. The win wouldn't be to put Cena over, but to finally allow the Undertaker to "REST IN PEACE" (intended).

This is perhaps the strongest argument for why the streak will not/should not end.

Robstar
03-05-2013, 03:27 PM
To go out on top, on your own terms not to be sent packing like a dog? I think that's FAR more fitting than any highly unnecessary passing of an era torch. Kind of like getting a steaming dog turd instead of the gold watch at retirement. :rolleyes:

Darkside Ron Garvin
03-05-2013, 03:41 PM
To go out on top, on your own terms not to be sent packing like a dog? I think that's FAR more fitting than any highly unnecessary passing of an era torch. Kind of like getting a steaming dog turd instead of the gold watch at retirement. :rolleyes:

Trust me, I am all on board for the Streak remaining in tact... I would have rather it stayed at 20-0 than moved into this year’s Mania (especially since they launched the Streak DVD this past year). However, I think that if they were to allow Punk to break it, they are sealing the Punks fate and saying "You can go no higher in this company" which is a discredit to him if he is planning on being around (even if it's only til '16/'17, which I don't agree with, he has basically done everything he could possibly do within this past 2-3 year span). If that's the case, who do they have behind Punk to give the express rocket up the ass too? Sheamus, Ryback, or Alberto?

IF (again, I stress this) the Streak is to end, I would rather it be done to push the entire roster of this generation than to have it push just one person further up as to stall his decent for a little while longer. If anything, based upon Taker and his legacy of being a guy to help everyone on the roster, it would be more of a discredit to his character as a person to allow him to just give the nod to one person that people think to be "special" than to give the nod to a locker room he has faith in. But if you feel that Taker is only about the Rolex he "feels he deserves" when time to retire; by all means it's your opinion. ;)

Dennis
03-05-2013, 03:50 PM
Refer to your own sig. :p
Again, sorry for not putting a smiley behind all my posts. :p

Trust me, I am all on board for the Streak remaining in tact... I would have rather it stayed at 20-0 than moved into this year’s Mania (especially since they launched the Streak DVD this past year). However, I think that if they were to allow Punk to break it, they are sealing the Punks fate and saying "You can go no higher in this company" which is a discredit to him if he is planning on being around (even if it's only til '16/'17, which I don't agree with, he has basically done everything he could possibly do within this past 2-3 year span). If that's the case, who do they have behind Punk to give the express rocket up the ass too? Sheamus, Ryback, or Alberto?

IF (again, I stress this) the Streak is to end, I would rather it be done to push the entire roster of this generation than to have it push just one person further up as to stall his decent for a little while longer. If anything, based upon Taker and his legacy of being a guy to help everyone on the roster, it would be more of a discredit to his character as a person to allow him to just give the nod to one person that people think to be "special" than to give the nod to a locker room he has faith in. But if you feel that Taker is only about the Rolex he "feels he deserves" when time to retire; by all means it's your opinion. ;)
How would you book it so that his streak ending would push the entire locker room DRG? (waits for this novel post.)

Robstar
03-05-2013, 03:55 PM
It's not at all about UT thinking he "deserves" anything but rather what he is rewarded with in the end. If he chooses to let it end, that's down to him. I'm saying Cena is a bad choice because like Punk, why and where to from there? Cena has too many haters (thanks Dennis) for there not to be HUGE amounts of resentment there if he was given the win.

The very reason Orton was considered was because he was up and coming at the time and the rub would have made sense.

Dennis
03-05-2013, 03:58 PM
It's not at all about UT thinking he "deserves" anything but rather what he is rewarded with in the end. If he chooses to let it end, that's down to him. I'm saying Cena is a bad choice because like Punk, why and where to from there? Cena has too many haters (thanks Dennis) for there not to be HUGE amounts of resentment there if he was given the win.

The very reason Orton was considered was because he was up and coming at the time and the rub would have made sense.
I chuckled at this.

Though you are right Orton should have been the only person in recent memory that could or should have taken that streak. Though even though he lost, I still believe Ortons career was pushed forward because of his feud with Taker during mania season. If I recall correctly wasn't that what first turned him into a heel after evolution? That was a big deal, Orton as a heel turned him into a superstar.

FLWWEFan
03-05-2013, 04:08 PM
I honestly don't see it happening, but ya never know. I wouldn't be surprised if it did happen just because of Taker's health.

Darkside Ron Garvin
03-05-2013, 04:18 PM
How would you book it so that his streak ending would push the entire locker room DRG? (waits for this novel post.)

No Novel because I am not a booker, nor have I been involved in the eFeds so I can’t tell you how to book the angle; but how they “sell it” would be the build... John Cena is the representative of this Era. HE is the star that people think of when they think of current wrestling. Taker's streak represents his ability to transcend "Era's" as only a Deadman can. They have met 6 times (as I stated already) and these men are tied. There IS a story already built into this angle, but they would need key ingredients from HHH, HBK, who both already attempted to end the previous Era but failed... Hell, I even think they’d need VKM to pull it off.

Punk pushed it when he and Cena were cutting promos; John Cena is the guy that the people in the back look up to. He is already built as the Leader of the E Universe, now push him as the Leader of the Locker room. Now that he is built as the guy who Taker once was, he is a representation of not just "Team Cenation" but the entire roster. If they can pull this off (once again, stress) then having Cena go over Taker would be the entire locker room going over... And the fact that Taker allowed it, would be his nod to the fact that he accepts the new generation and is now able to ride off into the sunset without the need of returning.

Robstar
03-05-2013, 04:21 PM
I'd rather Punk beat UT than Cena

Dennis
03-05-2013, 04:24 PM
I'd rather Punk beat taker... I'd give Cena better odds if his match were to happen of ending the streak than Punk though.

Darkside Ron Garvin
03-05-2013, 04:27 PM

I understand why Orton was nominated for the rub, but I am glad they pulled out. Giving the streak to someone is thought higher than giving them a title run (even if it's 400+ days) and for them to give it to someone who isn't proven is risking a lot by putting so much faith into them. That's the reason why I think Cena is the only fit; who else would you trust at this point to be the face of the WWE and not fuck it up? I would be comfortable with Punk taking it if he was a better representative of the WWE, but he's not. You are right, Cena doesn't NEED the win; but he is the only one I see worth trusting the WWE Brand in his hands (unless you see someone else with the same amount of charitable character that I don't).

And honestly, I disagree with the outlook of the Rolex for Taker because he was much more than an employee who lasted a long time. He was/is a father figure to a LOT of those guys in the back. That's why I'd rather see him give the nod to the locker room; his "blessing" so to speak. All he ever wanted was to know those that he taught, trained, and guided would be in good hands once he left. And by giving the nod to the Era/Locker room as a whole, it would be him saying that he knows that everything will be okay when he's gone.

Tommy Thunder
03-05-2013, 04:28 PM

100% accurate here.

What would ending the streak do for John Cena? Glad you asked. The answer is nothing.
At least it would serve a purpose to end it if Punk or the like ended it.

Darkside Ron Garvin
03-05-2013, 04:33 PM

I'd rather Punk beat taker... I'd give Cena better odds if his match were to happen of ending the streak than Punk though.

I'd rather Punk have been the one to take the streak... The idea of (1) his actions thanks to social media, (2) his "questionable" decision making at times, and (3) the unsure nature of just how long he will remain in the WWE makes me uneasy about Punk going over Taker. It's a Risk/Reward for it, but I honestly see more Risk involved with Punk than Reward at this point. That being said, if Punk was to turn out like a Taker/Jericho who was has remained loyal to the WWE for that time, then the Reward would be justified.

And Denny - That "uncertain" nature as to who would win against Cena/Taker would sell out Mania alone... People would literally buy into the idea of Taker's streak being gone more than they have in the past 20 years.

Dennis
03-05-2013, 04:41 PM
I'd rather Punk have been the one to take the streak... The idea of (1) his actions thanks to social media, (2) his "questionable" decision making at times, and (3) the unsure nature of just how long he will remain in the WWE makes me uneasy about Punk going over Taker. It's a Risk/Reward for it, but I honestly see more Risk involved with Punk than Reward at this point. That being said, if Punk was to turn out like a Taker/Jericho who was has remained loyal to the WWE for that time, then the Reward would be justified.

And Denny - That "uncertain" nature as to who would win against Cena/Taker would sell out Mania alone... People would literally buy into the idea of Taker's streak being gone more than they have in the past 20 years.
To your second point because it's the point I'm going to touch on less, you are correct Cena vs Taker would sell like no other Taker match as of late.

I do have to agree with your punk point. I think that people tend to forget about Punks actions because they are so in love with his in ring work. He is suppose to be a Punk in character, not in real life, not when they give him so much to do what he does. They have pushed him harder than any other superstar in the pg era arguably, the fact that he still goes on Twitter and tells fans to "drink bleach" scares me. I think everyone forgets that if wwe is in the middle of a pg era, you shouldn't have your champion punching fans or telling them to kill themselves.

Robstar
03-05-2013, 04:56 PM
I understand why Orton was nominated for the rub, but I am glad they pulled out. Giving the streak to someone is thought higher than giving them a title run (even if it's 400+ days) and for them to give it to someone who isn't proven is risking a lot by putting so much faith into them. That's the reason why I think Cena is the only fit; who else would you trust at this point to be the face of the WWE and not fuck it up? I would be comfortable with Punk taking it if he was a better representative of the WWE, but he's not. You are right, Cena doesn't NEED the win; but he is the only one I see worth trusting the WWE Brand in his hands (unless you see someone else with the same amount of charitable character that I don't).

And honestly, I disagree with the outlook of the Rolex for Taker because he was much more than an employee who lasted a long time. He was/is a father figure to a LOT of those guys in the back. That's why I'd rather see him give the nod to the locker room; his "blessing" so to speak. All he ever wanted was to know those that he taught, trained, and guided would be in good hands once he left. And by giving the nod to the Era/Locker room as a whole, it would be him saying that he knows that everything will be okay when he's gone.

I highly doubt UT would make that kind of endorsement of the locker room. That's like holding the door open for people to say "blame UT, he gave the nod" if he did so. I'm not advocating the golden handshake the way you are maybe suggesting that I am.

All this by the by, I don't think they will or want them to end the streak. I'd hate to be wrong but it's possible. (nobody can sig this quote!:mad:)

HCollins-TNA1
03-05-2013, 05:14 PM
I just don't see Punk beating the Undertaker.... I feel CM Punk agree to the match only for several reasons... The Pay day, a co-Main Event spot, and to stay in the Main Event scene after-wards...
What is the use of Undertaker losing a match at Mania now??? The Wrestlemania Streak should stay in place...

Darkside Ron Garvin
03-05-2013, 05:15 PM
I highly doubt UT would make that kind of endorsement of the locker room. That's like holding the door open for people to say "blame UT, he gave the nod" if he did so. I'm not advocating the golden handshake the way you are maybe suggesting that I am.

All this by the by, I don't think they will or want them to end the streak. I'd hate to be wrong but it's possible. (nobody can sig this quote!:mad:)

While I agree that Taker wouldn't be willing to endorse every member, I feel it to be a discredit to give the rub to one guy since he is looked up as a father figure. "Here's the 'Chosen One' by the Undertaker himself." Now what happens if that one guy, Takers FAVORITE child ends up getting busted for Meth? Or when that one guy turns out to be the next Scott Hall? At least by giving the nod to the whole of the WWE Roster, it leaves room for that ONE athlete to rise out of the crop of those Taker endorsed as opposed to Taker limiting himself to one person who ends up being the next Eddie Guerrero or (worse) Chris Benoit.

Final note - Taker is THE legend at this point; ending the streak, no matter who it is, will cause a bit of a negative backlash. I look at it like the MITB cash in streak. The only one who could Cash it in and LOSE was Cena. He was the only superstar who could live past it in my mind. At this point, I don't think Punk can live past the last 2-3 years if he takes the Streak. Punk putting that 1 notch on Takers belt will be the death of him in the WWE, in my opinion.

TheHorn
03-05-2013, 05:31 PM
Taker being undefeated at Mania will be the shinning achievement of his career. It will be the central focus of his retirement and HOF induction, and the WWE isn't going to throw that away for any reason. He'll be the only superstar to ever accomplish this. You have to remember that Taker is VKM's crown jewel of gimmicks. He's created hundreds of gimmicks for wrestlers over the years, but none have been more representative of what VKM's transformed the WWE into over the years. Nobody represents the spectacle, the showmanship, the production values of the WWE better than Taker, and Mania is the show of all shows for them. Taker and Mania go hand in hand as winners for the company.

Letting him go out undefeated also leaves open the door for him to possibly come back for, "one more match," as everyone loves to chant.
What's the point if the streak is over?

Peter Kaymakcian
03-05-2013, 05:31 PM
To the OP of this topic, no one is bigger then the WWE not Punk, not Cena, not the Rock, not the Undertaker, not even Vincent Kennedy McMahon. If you believe that the WWE had to negotiate with Punk in order for him to drop the WWE Championship is just crazy. If Punk told Vince there is no way I'm dropping the title to the Rock, Vince would've either fired him on the spot or had him job out to somebody before firing him. I don't know where Punk fans get this notion that there is no way CM Punk will play ball because he does just like everybody else. Maybe a little bit less, but he still does.

As to the topic on hand the Undertaker has stated that he doesn't want to retire with the streak. In fact Vince wants to keep the streak alive more then Taker himself does. I don't see Punk ending the streak, but possibly someone who can be the next face of WWE or the next top heel of WWE. I hope that instead of Cena or Punk ending the streak that we get a young guy to end the streak. Someone in his mid-20s.

TheHorn
03-05-2013, 05:38 PM
Allowing some 'young guy" to end the streak will look very foolish if that young guy turns out to be a bust in the end, or does something foolish to tarnish his name. WWE is a safe company, and the safe play is to never let anyone end the streak.

Vince created the undertaker. His ego wouldn't allow anyone to end the streak.

HCollins-TNA1
03-05-2013, 05:49 PM
My opinion the streak is there all because of the money it generates...... thus Vince want let it end.... unless for good reason to put someone over... Is there a Reason to really put CM Punk over if he is already over??? I don't see a reason...

TheHorn
03-05-2013, 05:56 PM
People also have short memories and there are new generations of wrestling fans being made every day. The rub from beating Taker at mania wouldn't last forever, but WWE could relieve the nostalgia of Taker being undefeated at Mania forever. Especially, if they never let anyone else come close to accomplishing it to that degree.

FLWWEFan
03-05-2013, 06:04 PM
If the streak were to ever end, I believe it needs to be to someone who the WWE feels will be the next biggest heel in the company for years and years to come.

HCollins-TNA1
03-05-2013, 06:06 PM
If the streak were to ever end, I believe it needs to be to someone who the WWE feels will be the next biggest heel in the company for years and years to come.
Or Face of the company!!!!

TheHorn
03-05-2013, 06:12 PM
Cena and punk are the Face and Heel of the company and will most likely remain that way for years still. WWE stopped being risk takers with the main business when they became publicly traded. Just don't see them changing that anytime soon.

Poot-Hair
03-05-2013, 07:05 PM
The majority of the time R(ob) I agree with you on your points in the wrestling world. This time however, I have to disagree.

I don't see Punk beating Undertaker at WM this year. In fact, I see John Cena facing Taker at WM30 and winning but I'll save that diatribe for another day. I do agree with the fact that Punk probably wanted something for losing the belt to Rocky, but 'Taker's streak? Really?

Punk definitely has some stroke in WWE but the simple fact is no matter how much stroke he has now, it's not nearly the amount UT has. Maybe perhaps Punk asked for the match with UT as "payment" for losing to Rock. He's never had that honor, much less on the grandest stage of them all. It's no secret UT is done for next year and I bet Punk wanted to face him while he could. Simple as that.

Again, I admire your ability to think outside the box, but I think you may have thought a weeeeee bit too far outside the box ;)

HCollins-TNA1
03-05-2013, 07:09 PM
The majority of the time R(ob) I agree with you on your points in the wrestling world. This time however, I have to disagree.

I don't see Punk beating Undertaker at WM this year. In fact, I see John Cena facing Taker at WM30 and winning but I'll save that diatribe for another day. I do agree with the fact that Punk probably wanted something for losing the belt to Rocky, but 'Taker's streak? Really?

Punk definitely has some stroke in WWE but the simple fact is no matter how much stroke he has now, it's not nearly the amount UT has. Maybe perhaps Punk asked for the match with UT as "payment" for losing to Rock. He's never had that honor, much less on the grandest stage of them all. It's no secret UT is done for next year and I bet Punk wanted to face him while he could. Simple as that.

Again, I admire your ability to think outside the box, but I think you may have thought a weeeeee bit too far outside the box ;)
I just don't see Undertaker losing, not even to Cena if it made for next year Wrestlemania.... What will it do to or for Cena??? Nothing...
Matter of Fact I would like to see Cena lose this year, only to push if him and Taker face off at WM30 he will have 4 loss losing streak and Taker will be 21 and 0....

TheHorn
03-05-2013, 07:19 PM
If the streak were to end at this point it could go over as Taker overstayed his welcome, and the act of beating him may not seem as significant as it would have a few years ago . Better to leave the "supernatural mystique" of Taker in place, even into retirement.

goodomens
03-05-2013, 08:27 PM
we all agree that the streak will not and should not be broken. let's just hope they have an awesome match instead of a dirty outcome involving the shield.

Rockstar83
03-05-2013, 10:36 PM
I dont care, its going to be great.

Big_D77
03-06-2013, 02:47 AM
You think Punk would say no to a CHANCE at undertaker if he were to lose? He would jump at the chance to just wrestle him at Wrestlemania. If HBK and Triple H fail TWICE...

Triple H has lost 3 times -_-

Peter Kaymakcian
03-06-2013, 02:54 AM
we all agree that the streak will not and should not be broken. let's just hope they have an awesome match instead of a dirty outcome involving the shield.

You do realize some of us are supporting the streak ending, but by the next flag bearer of the WWE.

B-MCINTYRE
03-06-2013, 03:28 AM
You do realize some of us are supporting the streak ending, but by the next flag bearer of the WWE.
So Seth Rollins?

Peter Kaymakcian
03-06-2013, 03:56 AM
So Seth Rollins?

If he can be the next John Cena or CM Punk then yes. I do think WWE needs to find one because I don't buy that Ryback at age 31 can be the next face of the franchise. He'll handle the transitional phase like HHH did before Cena.

Karsten Langenfeld
03-06-2013, 04:23 AM
Well, as was already mentioned by others before, Punk will not end the Streak. I think the main reason why is that he is simply not reliable. His out of ring character is questionable (beating spectators, telling people online to drink bleach, and so on). Also, i dont see him sticking to the WWE. If anything happens he wont like he will jump ship faster than the proverbial rat. And thats why he will never have the honor to end the streak.

FLWWEFan
03-06-2013, 06:42 AM

That's the only way that really makes sense to me anyways. If the streak were to ever end it's got to be to someone who's gonna be the so called next big thing in the WWE for years and years to come. As someone just mentioned the name Seth Rollins...that could work as long as well before the match Rollins broke away from the Shield and did his own thing for months prior to the match. Punks up there in age already, and heard rumors of him only sticking around for another few years if that's true really no need for him to end the streak. Another name that was brought up was a possible match featuring Taker/Cena next year, there is really no reason for Cena to win. Cena is already the biggest name in the WWE and really has nothing at all to gain from beating Taker.

Wazzeh
03-06-2013, 07:31 AM
I don't know why people are throwing Cena's name in to face Taker next year because he will be facing the Rock next year.

Punk will lose to Taker, Punk won't be on it for a while taking a nice break while Cena customises his new belt to spin with swag and will send The rock packing for another year.

Kashdinero
03-06-2013, 10:36 AM
I can't see it, R(ob)ie. Sorry, bruv.

When The Rock returned to WWE, it was the beginning of a four or five year plan that was made during the initial negotiations. Everything concerning The Rock since his return has been set in stone. Same goes for the next year or so. Hosting Wrestlemania XXVII, attacking Cena during the main event of Wrestlemania XXVII, the year long feud that was made possible and plausible by Rocky's sporadic appearances, the match with Cena at Wrestlemania XXVIII, beating Cena at Wrestlemania XXVIII, announcing that he would be facing whoever the champ was at Royal Rumble '13, beating whoever the champ was at Royal Rumble '13, facing Cena in a rematch at Wrestlemania XXIX.. All set in stone from the moment he decided that the time was right for his WWE return. Being the actor he is, he has had his schedule laid out for him with selective dates, and like the actor he is, he knows what he'll be doing on those selective dates. Each WWE appearance for him has almost been laid out like scenes in a trilogy of movies that has yet to pan out. His Wrestlemania XXX opponent has already been selected, and, if I didn't think that he would be such an excellent choice to face 'taker at Wrestlemania XXX, I'd say that it was probably Cena in a rubber match.

Back when CM Punk turned heel on The Rock with that infamous clothesline, it set the stage for Punk vs Rock at Royal Rumble '13. Punks reign was never going to end before, or after, Royal Rumble '13--all he was was a member of the cast in this "epic movie" type of deal that one of Hollywood's highest earners has cut with WWE.

I can't imagine Punk was really upset with his part, though.. Like, I'm sure it probably went down something like this.

"Wait, I get to be the champ for how fuckin' long?!?!!! Hells yes, VinneMacJr, I'm down wit' getting' me some 'a dat sheeeet!!"

"That's great to hear CM Mark."

"Wait, like, if I may, sir--who am I gonna be feuding with after I lose the belt to The Rock?"

"Well, I'd say that it's pretty much a certainty that you'll be getting a rematch with The Rock at Elimination Chamber '13."

**CM Punk mouths 'wow' before continuing.**

"And after that?"

"Well, the only logical next step after that would be a match with The Undertaker at Wrestlemani-"

*Vincent Kennedy McMahon Jr stops himself short at the sight of CM Punk fainting.**

Punk won't beat The Undertaker. It won't hurt him to lose, but would cost WWE a good few million dollars and then some if Punk were to win. The Undertakers streak being on the line at Wrestlemania XXX would generate so much interest and revenue, that they would be insane to throw that possibility away to appease a punk with a loud mouth.

Ideal Undertaker opponent at Wrestlemania XXX would be as I said Cena, where, Cena would end the streak, retiring The Undertaker. I mean, if they were to book Cena vs The Undertaker at Wrestlemania XXX, how could Cena not win? WWE isn't stupid, and it knows how the loss to The Rock at Wrestlemania would hurt their star player, but it also knows that a win in a rematch would be the perfect way to get his star value back. If he were to lose to The Undertaker at Wrestlemania XXX, there's no coming back, and that taint will be a permanent mark on their franchise player. Well, unless there was rematch, obviously, but, let's be honest here--why the fuck would he want to compete after Wrestlemania XXX. That would be the ultimate send off, and losing would be the best way for him to bow out in my opinion.

Failing Cena being the streak ender, then Punk should be the man. No other member of the current full time roster has worked as hard as those two over the past few years.

HCollins-TNA1
03-06-2013, 04:43 PM
It no way Vince will let CM Punk go over Undertaker.... Unless it is for reason as I have said earlier Undertaker gets hurt and they have to call a audible in the match.... No way should the streak be tainted in any form.... Unless Vince or anyone in the WWE creative reason to...

As Kash said everything with the Rock is pretty much known for the next several years.... As is the case for Undertaker as well every WM season he is sat up, list of opponents ran through... Taker and Vince and whoever they choose and maybe a senior member of Creative decide how to build the story...

Thus I'm seeing Cena losing to Rock at Wrestlemania 29 giving Cena a 3 year losing streak, most likely Cena will win the WWE title the night after or at Extreme rules?? Thus setting up a time CM Punk can get the title by this Summer.... As I have said I would like to see Cena vs Undertaker at WM30 only for Taker to beat Cena thus 4 match WM losing streak, maybe WM31 Taker vs Rock thus Rock loses....
What would Cena gain if he beats Undertaker if they was to face off next year??? Nothing.
What would Rock gain if they face off the year after?? Nothing
It no reason Undertaker should lose unless the opponent is in his mid 20s, can be the "next big thing" in the WWE..

Lowki
03-07-2013, 07:51 AM
Triple H has lost 3 times -_-
Good spot; but with all these debates going on you pick that out? lol

100% accurate here.

What would ending the streak do for John Cena? Glad you asked. The answer is nothing.
At least it would serve a purpose to end it if Punk or the like ended it.
A cena win would do something; It would push Cena that little bit further down our throats, gradually choking every member of the IWC to death. That was the plan all along!

Wade Barrett 1979
03-07-2013, 07:54 AM

A cena win would do something; It would push Cena that little bit further down our throats, gradually choking every member of the IWC to death. That was the plan all along!

The drive by IWC do this regularly anyway, choking on their own sense of self grandeur. :rolleyes:

Big_D77
03-08-2013, 02:10 AM

lmao couldn't be helped

Synyzta
03-12-2013, 02:48 PM
I'm going to repeat what others have said, but pass it off as my own unique opinion.

Firstly, had CM Punk been around when Bret Hart, HBK, or even when The Rock and SCSA were THE guys, there's no way he'd have held the belt as long as he did; there was no other alternative really. Secondly, his reward for dropping the belt to The Rock is the biggest match at Wrestlemania, I mean, make no mistake, that's the main event, EVERY year. He might not win (I hope he doesn't), but he gets to main event with the Deadman, at Wrestlemania. It'll be a good match, probably be the best on the night, but he doesn't need to win, he just needs to have a great match. Do people think less of HBKs career because he did what's best for business and lost twice? Not in the slightest, in fact, those matches are regularly cited as being two of the best WM matches of all time. Do people think less of Trips? No. Why? Because they stole the show. VKM would never let the streak end, because it doesn't make sense from a business point of view. Stars can be made over the course of a year, or 6 months, whatever, but the streak? That's TWENTY years in the making. No way is it going to end. (This is all opinion, and I could, of course, be wrong :p)

venom28-
03-12-2013, 04:23 PM
Personally I think Kane should be the one to end it. However I would't mind if Mr Brooks ended it. Hell anyone but John Cena. However, can a guy who as a face couldn't beat HHH, beat a man who has wiped the floor with HHH numerous occasions? I think not.

Rated_R(ob)KO
03-28-2013, 04:12 AM
Just bumping this due to how this feud is shaping up. Do people still feel that Punk has no shot in winning or have their promos swayed your opinion? Has the depth of the feud done anything to change your judgment?

PandaMassacre
03-28-2013, 04:27 AM
I feel as if Punk will get his Wrestlemania moment where he ALMOST beats The Undertaker, but I doubt he would actually pin The Undertaker for the three count. Would a draw be considered losing? That could be a new approach to this match.

Nuttyprot
03-28-2013, 04:46 AM
I hope that CM dont end the streak. If it was to be ended I feel it should have at least 6month epic story line with a new wrestler to create a new star. CM is a business man and knows himself ending the streak will do nothing for the company and would be bad business.

Steve's Right Peg of Doom
03-28-2013, 04:47 AM
I feel as if Punk will get his Wrestlemania moment where he ALMOST beats The Undertaker, but I doubt he would actually pin The Undertaker for the three count. Would a draw be considered losing? That could be a new approach to this match.

I'm thinking shenanigans of some variety for some reason.

PandaMassacre
03-28-2013, 04:53 AM
I'm thinking shenanigans of some variety for some reason.

Me too. Paul Heyman is a tricky dude. He has connections to The Shield and Brock Lesnar. No telling what might go down. It just makes this match all that more interesting. (:

Steve's Right Peg of Doom
03-28-2013, 05:03 AM
Me too. Paul Heyman is a tricky dude. He has connections to The Shield and Brock Lesnar. No telling what might go down. It just makes this match all that more interesting. (:

I'm thinking something may need to happen to give this match gravitas, Taker looks more banged up than he's ever done in previous years. The match they pulled out at last years WM was great but I think we could be left wanting somewhat this year, Punk has also probably been picked due to the fact that he can do the majority of the work.

Rated_R(ob)KO
03-28-2013, 05:33 AM
I'm thinking something may need to happen to give this match gravitas, Taker looks more banged up than he's ever done in previous years. The match they pulled out at last years WM was great but I think we could be left wanting somewhat this year, Punk has also probably been picked due to the fact that he can do the majority of the work.

Within what you wrote are some of the main reasons why I believe Punk will pull it out.

URATOOL
03-28-2013, 06:15 AM
I have one thing to say to this whole thread. Next year is Mania 30. It'll be a huge Mania. The E will have been planning parts of it for a year or two already I'd say. There is no way on Earth they will not have the biggest continuous part of the last decade plus of Manias at WM30. The streak has arguably become the driving force of the last few Manias. Even Cena vs Rock, last year, was only barely up there with the streak for billing. I'll even go out on a limb here and say that Cena vs The Streak is the ultimate headline for WM30. Vince is not going to pass up that pay day. Sorry, but Punk isn't that big.

Tommy Thunder
03-28-2013, 06:48 AM
I have one thing to say to this whole thread. Next year is Mania 30. It'll be a huge Mania. The E will have been planning parts of it for a year or two already I'd say. There is no way on Earth they will not have the biggest continuous part of the last decade plus of Manias at WM30. The streak has arguably become the driving force of the last few Manias. Even Cena vs Rock, last year, was only barely up there with the streak for billing. I'll even go out on a limb here and say that Cena vs The Streak is the ultimate headline for WM30. Vince is not going to pass up that pay day. Sorry, but Punk isn't that big.

This is exactly what I've been saying all along.
Cena vs Taker at Wrestlemania is the ultimate match at this point. There's no chance in Hell that WWE and Vince McMahon are passing up the chance to put Cena up against the streak, especially at the extravaganza that will be Wrestlemania 30.

Iron Ape
04-07-2013, 09:30 PM
Bumpity bump bump.

Androo
04-08-2013, 07:50 AM
Lol. (+characters)

Tommy Thunder
04-08-2013, 08:25 AM
Bumpity bump bump.

Haha! Pays to have a good memory!

Yeah...... :rolleyes:

LOL.

Cabers
04-08-2013, 10:52 AM
This is why making predictions and boasting that you are right comes back to haunt you!! lol