PDA

View Full Version : This just IN and I just read it now on Yahoo! Sports

JDfromNY
12-27-2010, 08:16 PM
According to Dave Meltzer,Brock Lesnar is looking for an exit out of UFC. He has not returned calls to Dana White nor has he been in the gym training for his next fight. He hasn't even discussed a next fight. According to Meltzer, Lesnar wants to do Wrestlemania very badly, and fight the Undertaker in a match that will be booked has the headline attraction, close to 30 minutes of work and make a reported 2 million dollars. Discuss.

Pepsi Plunge
12-27-2010, 08:46 PM
Lesnar Back for Wrestlemania would be awesome but i dont think its gonna happen

Automatic
12-27-2010, 08:47 PM
I would do that to if I was him, but damn 2 million is a lot of $$$ and maybe this opens a door to a WWE contract, because it's less injury prone

Revelationx
12-27-2010, 08:48 PM
http://www.fightline.com/fl/news/2010/1227/535022/brock-lesnar/

Hmm.... interesting :O

Pepsi Plunge
12-27-2010, 08:50 PM
I would do that to if I was him, but damn 2 million is a lot of $$$ and maybe this opens a door to a WWE contract, because it's less injury prone

i would love to see lesnar back in wwe he was a tank

The Brown One
12-27-2010, 09:41 PM
I'm surprised at Brock. Thought he was in love with the sport of MMA. But I like that there just might be, a chance that we get to see Lesnar vs Taker at WM 27. Lesnar is in tip top shape, and would only need to brush up on his wrestling skills to put on a great match.

Robstar
12-27-2010, 09:47 PM
Brock would forever be seen as wussing out and being less than. I wonder if his ego could ever cop that, since y'know, he'd hear it everywhere he went, for the rest of time.

JohnnyPhantom
12-27-2010, 09:52 PM
I think Brock is starting to realize that MAYBE just MAYBE he isnt as good in MMA as he thought. His last two fight were less than impressive if not two fights that showed GLARING holes in lesnars MMA game.

When it comes down too it, i believe Brock will return to the WWE seeing as tho he knows he will get over, make money and it doesnt matter how he trains, whose the next up and coming superstar in MMA or whatnot.

Not to mention that Lesnar really comes off like a quitter, everything he does he seems to think that the grass is greener in something else.

Iron Ape
12-27-2010, 10:57 PM

Um, what? Are you serious?

TheMadThinker
12-27-2010, 11:09 PM
Brock would forever be seen as wussing out and being less than. I wonder if his ego could ever cop that, since y'know, he'd hear it everywhere he went, for the rest of time.

I agree with this. His ego seems too big to go out this way, but maybe he does not want to take another embarrassing beating like the one Cain gave him. The beating Shane Carwin gave him was pretty bad as well, even though he recovered in the second round. Brock is a world class grappler, but I do not think he will ever be able to go toe to toe with these smaller and faster strikers who can evade his takedowns and deliver knockout blows.

sXeKid
12-28-2010, 01:03 AM
If Brock vs. Taker goes down I will buy WM 27.
This years WM needs a big name so people order the PPV and then notice all the young talent in a Money In the Bank match :)

Automatic
12-28-2010, 01:07 AM
Um, what? Are you serious?

yea man in MMA you have more chance of broken bones and with torn muscles you can't fight, but in WWE you can adjust your role, but off course it's both very injury prone

Mr. McMahon
12-28-2010, 01:20 AM
lol none of you guys believe me when I told you that WWE was planing lesnar vs taker for WM when taker showed up at UFC. That thread is still around, funny how things turn out to be. I knew it the moment taker broke kayfabe, it was obvious that was planned, do you really think McMahon would allow taker to do an interview for UFC? Taker hasn't broken kayfabe ever since he returned as the phenom in 2004, he last did an interview in 2003 at some late night show when he was american badass

The Brown One
12-28-2010, 02:09 AM
lol none of you guys believe me when I told you that WWE was planing lesnar vs taker for WM when taker showed up at UFC. That thread is still around, funny how things turn out to be. I knew it the moment taker broke kayfabe, it was obvious that was planned, do you really think McMahon would allow taker to do an interview for UFC? Taker hasn't broken kayfabe ever since he returned as the phenom in 2004, he last did an interview in 2003 at some late night show when he was american badass

Its just unbelievable that anything a McMahon says would be true :P

But seriously, this is surprising. Vinnie had this planned out all along then?

Iron Ape
12-28-2010, 02:43 AM
But seriously, this is surprising. Vinnie had this planned out all along then?

Per usual, he doesn't know what he's talking about. I mean, he's still talking like Taker did an interview with the UFC, when Ariel Helwani, the interviewer, doesn't even work for the organization. And Undertaker has showed up at other UFC events that Brock wasn't even part of, so what was that all about? Oh, yeah. He's a fan. And that's about all there is to it. Taker thought post-fight would be an appropriate time to bring up some pre-existing beef, and Brock moved on (as everyone else should).

The biggest thing, though, is that Dana White would never tolerate one of his under contract employees going into business for a PPV competitor in the audience of one of his shows. Anyone entertaining conspiracy theories to the contrary doesn't understand how business works. Dana White has spent the past several years fighting tooth and nail to establish the sport as being the opposite of a dying carny show, so any notions of there being some kind of meeting of the minds between Dana and Vince are completely absurd, too, as that would completely undermine any and all progress Dana has made on that front.

The Brown One
12-28-2010, 03:03 AM
Per usual, he doesn't know what he's talking about. I mean, he's still talking like Taker did an interview with the UFC, when Ariel Helwani, the interviewer, doesn't even work for the organization. And Undertaker has showed up at other UFC events that Brock wasn't even part of, so what was that all about? Oh, yeah. He's a fan. And that's about all there is to it. Taker thought post-fight would be an appropriate time to bring up some pre-existing beef, and Brock moved on (as everyone else should).

The biggest thing, though, is that Dana White would never tolerate one of his under contract employees going into business for a PPV competitor in the audience of one of his shows. Anyone entertaining conspiracy theories to the contrary doesn't understand how business works. Dana White has spent the past several years fighting tooth and nail to establish the sport as being the opposite of a dying carny show, so any notions of there being some kind of meeting of the minds between Dana and Vince are completely absurd, too, as that would completely undermine any and all progress Dana has made on that front.

I really don't think Dana and Vince would meet up and discuss this. Dana seems to be a real businessman, unlike Vince, and actually tries to keep that image of professionalism.

Iron Ape
12-28-2010, 03:21 AM
I really don't think Dana and Vince would meet up and discuss this. Dana seems to be a real businessman, unlike Vince, and actually tries to keep that image of professionalism.
Yeah, Dana's been busting his ass trying to get people to take him and the entire world of MMA seriously. No way he would get into bed with Vince over a little bit of Wrestlemania loot when he's already making money hand over fist with several events a year that are putting WWE's PPV business to absolute shame. The sky is the limit in MMA at the moment, and dabbling in scripted entertainment would be perceived as several steps back for his company and his sport. Dana would only stand to lose with the entire scenario.

Iron Ape
01-11-2011, 07:32 PM
This just IN, Mr. McMahon (the poster) OFFICIALLY doesn't know what he's talking about:

Dana White officially announced the coaches for the next season of The Ultimate Fighter today on the conference call today for the UFC: Fight for The Troops 2 event.

The coaches will be Brock Lesnar and Junior dos Santos. Brock Lesnar will be fighting Junior dos Santos after the season is over. There will be no interim title fight. The winner of the Lesnar and Junior dos Santos fight will face Cain Velasquez when Cain is healthy and ready to fight again.

Bodom
01-11-2011, 07:36 PM
Ouch.

Being owned by Ryan Clark. Gotta hurt.

The Brown One
01-11-2011, 09:03 PM
This just IN, Mr. McMahon (the poster) OFFICIALLY doesn't know what he's talking about:

Nice that theres now proof for that fact lol.

Kashdinero
01-11-2011, 09:28 PM
Ouch.

Being owned by Ryan Clark. Gotta hurt.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

RevolutionIcon
01-12-2011, 10:02 AM
Nice that theres now proof for that fact lol.

This report is bogus, sorry, had a better explanation but once again my computer never fails to be shitty.

Rich Cranium
01-12-2011, 12:41 PM
3 words: grain of salt!