PDA

View Full Version : What did you get from Santa?

Kashdinero
12-26-2010, 05:48 AM
Firstly I would like to say, I hope my esteemed peers of the EWN had the BEST possible Christmas Day!!!

I did...

Which was suprising for me as a "friend" of mine, who had obviously seen too much snow decided to call me at half past two in the morning. My body clock being what it is, refused to allow me back to sleep and I spent the rest of the day feeling tired, but not so tired that I could sleep. ; |

Secondly, I would like to follow on the question asked in The Brown Ones wickedly festive "what do you want from Santa" thread.

So. "What did you get from Santa"????

Being a thirty year old man I expected to get nothing more than a "coke and a smile"!!.
But my wife, being the awesome wife that she is, had other plans. She made sure Santa (!) got me lots of presents!
Here are a few of the things I got
A portable DVD player, Ricky Gervais' latest comedy stand up DVD (science), the latest installment in The Malazan: Book of the Fallen (this series has been a positively wonderful reading experience, which I recommend to any fan of fantasy), Family Guy series 9, an 8 gig memory stick, God of War 3 for the PS3 and a few clothes.... Nice ; )

The Brown One
12-26-2010, 06:19 AM
Good morning! First of all, you are the coolest 30 year old I know :D you got the stuff I would have to save a while for...but would never buy because I'm cheap.

I stopped the giving/receiving presents thing since I thought I was too old for that :/
But I did get some shorts, a t-shirt(its summer at Christmas here), socks, a very expensive piece of fudge cake, and best of all, an Xbox Live 12 month membership package, with some accesories(unfortunately I paid for the Xbox stuff myself).

I'm happy to see that your wife still has the Christmas spirit in her, to get you those awesome presents :)

IrkenInvader
12-26-2010, 06:34 AM
Not much seeing as how I'd only use it for 2 weeks. I got a new holster and cleaning kit for my pistol. Clothes and the supplies I'm allowed to bring with me to basic.
But I had fun with my family and thats what matters.

Kashdinero
12-26-2010, 07:09 AM
@Bro1- this is the first Christmas in a while that I got such cool presents in a looong time. It's like I've almost come full circle!
Christmas is not really one of my favourite holidays due to personal reasons, so my wife tried extra hard this year to make it special. I also try especially hard to make christmas special for my wife, as her family are like half the way across the world ; (

@Irken- if I was Santa, I would have got you Adamantium skin and a Megatron Arm Cannon, to ensure your safety in your chosen profession Sir ; )

I'm glad you had a good time with your family, I too spent the day with (almost) my whole family for the first time since last Christmas!

Also being a shooting enthusiast (clay pigeon shooting with shotguns) I'm quite interested as to what Pistol you have.

IrkenInvader
12-26-2010, 09:49 AM
Its a cheap Smith and Wesson Sigma Series 9 mm. I just got it last month for my birthday. Next Week on Jan 2 I'm going to shoot the last of my ammo.

Splattered-Dreams
12-26-2010, 11:47 AM
Firstly I would like to say, I hope my esteemed peers of the EWN had the BEST possible Christmas Day!!!

I did...

Which was suprising for me as a "friend" of mine, who had obviously seen too much snow decided to call me at half past two in the morning. My body clock being what it is, refused to allow me back to sleep and I spent the rest of the day feeling tired, but not so tired that I could sleep. ; |

Secondly, I would like to follow on the question asked in The Brown Ones wickedly festive "what do you want from Santa" thread.

So. "What did you get from Santa"????

Being a thirty year old man I expected to get nothing more than a "coke and a smile"!!.
But my wife, being the awesome wife that she is, had other plans. She made sure Santa (!) got me lots of presents!
Here are a few of the things I got
A portable DVD player, Ricky Gervais' latest comedy stand up DVD (science), the latest installment in The Malazan: Book of the Fallen (this series has been a positively wonderful reading experience, which I recommend to any fan of fantasy), Family Guy series 9, an 8 gig memory stick, God of War 3 for the PS3 and a few clothes.... Nice ; )

Glad you had a good day, mate! Sorry to hear about the wake up call!

Is the science DVD any good? I've been meaning to pick it up.

I got some pretty godlike presents, too - Cross Rhodes (goldust book), music DVDs, Fallout New Vegas for Xbox, a new suit (pretty damn awesome too) and some John Zorn CDs I wanted.
Good stuff. Best christmas I've had for three or four years - first time being single for that long!

Kashdinero
12-26-2010, 07:59 PM
Glad your enjoying the single life bruv!

Haven't watched Ricky DVD yet but I'll let you know as soon as I as soon as I do.

I'm planning on getting Cross Rhodes, Dustins story is an interesting one to say the least!

Also, I love a new suit, hope you get to wear it soon. New Years?

Kashdinero
12-26-2010, 08:09 PM
Its a cheap Smith and Wesson Sigma Series 9 mm. I just got it last month for my birthday. Next Week on Jan 2 I'm going to shoot the last of my ammo.

Do you need a licence for a pistol in Pennsylvania? I really want a shotgun (barreta) but my record isn't exactly clean and I probably won't get one.... ; (

IrkenInvader
12-26-2010, 08:23 PM
Do you need a licence for a pistol in Pennsylvania? I really want a shotgun (barreta) but my record isn't exactly clean and I probably won't get one.... ; (

I have it registered in my name, if I wanted to carry it I would need a concealed carry permit.

IPEEINTHESHOWER
12-26-2010, 10:00 PM
You Know what I got from my SHOWERHEADS, a BIG http://www.gifbin.com/bin/160g68g6615.gif Not one dollar was raised for my beer fund. But the great thing is you still have time. With your contribution you will know in your heart it is going for the benefit of all. For the SPRINKLERS that are too cheap expect http://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1560637/green-bastard-o.gif at your backdoor very soon.;)

Kashdinero
12-26-2010, 10:08 PM
IPITS strikes again!!!

IrkenInvader
12-26-2010, 10:11 PM
IPITS strikes again!!!

Damn, His mini returns are more entertaining than he is when he's here full time.

Bodom
12-26-2010, 10:12 PM

Haven't watched Ricky DVD yet but I'll let you know as soon as I as soon as I do.

I'm planning on getting Cross Rhodes, Dustins story is an interesting one to say the least!

Really want to read Goldust's book.

Kashdinero
12-26-2010, 10:24 PM
Really want to read Goldust's book.
It sounds emotional... Regal and Eddies books were very open and emotional too. I've read both more than twice

Rich Cranium
12-26-2010, 10:26 PM
I actually read Eric Bischoff's 'Cash Creates Controversy' and it wasn't too bad! I've seen a few spoilers from Goldie's book and it looks like a must read!

Bodom
12-26-2010, 10:31 PM
It sounds emotional... Regal and Eddies books were very open and emotional too. I've read both more than twice

Read Ted DiBiase's book. Really enjoyed it.

Kashdinero
12-26-2010, 10:45 PM
I actually read Eric Bischoff's 'Cash Creates Controversy' and it wasn't too bad! I've seen a few spoilers from Goldie's book and it looks like a must read!

I read this too I thought it was alright and it was nice to read his Side of the story after reading The Death of WCW.

Read Ted DiBiase's book. Really enjoyed it.

Haven't read this. I'll put it on my to read list.

The Brown One
12-26-2010, 11:49 PM
I need to learn how to read a book.

IrkenInvader
12-27-2010, 12:14 AM
I need to learn how to read a book.

That might help my Army career.

The Brown One
12-27-2010, 12:20 AM
That might help my Army career.

You need to read in the army? That sure is a buzzkill.

Allison
12-27-2010, 01:11 AM
I got this.

http://i53.tinypic.com/2d1o7y8.jpg

Santa hates me! :(

SilverGhost
12-27-2010, 01:28 AM
I got this.

http://i53.tinypic.com/2d1o7y8.jpg

Santa hates me! :(

I'm sorry, young one.

Splattered-Dreams
12-27-2010, 11:07 AM

This reply is out of context now, but yeah - planning to don the suit new year's! Cheee booooiiii, haha.

I'm really looking forward to reading the book, but I still need to polish off my other book before I start with it. I'm a one book kinda guy!

Necroyeti
12-27-2010, 01:18 PM
It is indeed interesting, but it's also extremely short... only took me about three hours tops to read the ebook.

The Brown One
12-27-2010, 04:28 PM
It is indeed interesting, but it's also extremely short... only took me about three hours tops to read the ebook.

Where can you get wrestling ebooks for free?

Iron Ape
12-27-2010, 10:44 PM
My friends and family know that I'm a bit of a videogame collector, and they came through for me hardcore:
- A mint condition, limited-edition gold Nintendo 64
- A factory-sealed Platinum Gamecube
- A factory-sealed Platinum WaveBird
- For the PS3: Sly Cooper Collection, Complete GTAIV, Demon's Souls, Super Street Fighter 4, and Vanquish.
- For the Wii: Sin & Punishment: Star Successor, Tatsunoko vs Capcom, Silent Hill: Shattered Memories, Super Mario All-stars: 25th Anniversary Edition, and Goldeneye (somebody also gave me the new Donkey Kong but I already had it)

Other stuff:
- Standing mixer
- Deep fryer
- Various cooking condiments (some special rubs, seasonings, and a container of duck fat)
- Clothes
- Money & gift cards

Kashdinero
12-27-2010, 11:10 PM
My friends and family know that I'm a bit of a videogame collector, and they came through for me hardcore:
- For the PS3: Sly Cooper Collection, Complete GTAIV, Demon's Souls, Super Street Fighter 4, and Vanquish.
- For the Wii: Sin & Punishment: Star Successor, Tatsunoko vs Capcom, Silent Hill: Shattered Memories, Super Mario All-stars: 25th Anniversary Edition, and Goldeneye (somebody also gave me the new Donkey Kong but I already had it)

Other stuff:
- Standing mixer
- Deep fryer
- Various cooking condiments (some special rubs, seasonings, and a container of duck fat)
- Clothes
- Money & gift cards

All you poor kids, can take that.... Pow!!!

PSML!!!

On a side note... Nice gaming tastes.

Iron Ape
12-27-2010, 11:28 PM
All you poor kids, can take that.... Pow!!!

PSML!!!

On a side note... Nice gaming tastes.

Thanks, man. I figure if I'm going to be a man-child, I might as well do it right. ;)

Bodom
12-27-2010, 11:30 PM

Other stuff:
- Standing mixer
- Deep fryer
- Clothes
- Money & gift cards

Duck fat rules.

Iron Ape
12-27-2010, 11:36 PM
Duck fat rules.

Yeah, I roasted some shallots and brussel sprouts in it earlier. Fantstic stuff.

Bodom
12-27-2010, 11:41 PM
Yeah, I roasted some shallots and brussel sprouts in it earlier. Fantstic stuff.

Duck fat makes everything better. Right up there with honey mustard.

Kashdinero
12-27-2010, 11:48 PM
Thanks, man. I figure if I'm going to be a man-child, I might as well do it right. ;)

Well said... I feel the same way about my (reignited) comic collecting!

Not a massive gamer nowadays but I still follow whats going on from time to time. Tatsunoko v Capcom Looks Sooo Cool. I played Super Street Fighter 4 during Christmas with my younger brothers and kicked some serious A$$, bless them, they never knew what hit them!!

For the record: It was Several Dragon Punches and a couple of Fireballs.

Also layed down the law on UFC 2010.... Gotta love me some Christmas this year!

Kashdinero
12-27-2010, 11:51 PM
Duck fat makes everything better. .

Is the sentence of the year.

Iron Ape
12-28-2010, 12:13 AM
Duck fat makes everything better. Right up there with honey mustard.

Heh. I make another brussel sprout side dish that involves honey mustard (and bacon), too.

Necroyeti
12-28-2010, 12:13 AM
Sin & Punishment: Star Successor
I have little interest in videogames anymore, but goddamn I'm ordering that shit tomorrow.

I own an original copy of the Japanese-only first S&P game on N64.... that and Suikoden II are probably the closest things I have to videogame rarities.

Iron Ape
12-28-2010, 01:34 AM
Well said... I feel the same way about my (reignited) comic collecting!

Not a massive gamer nowadays but I still follow whats going on from time to time. Tatsunoko v Capcom Looks Sooo Cool. I played Super Street Fighter 4 during Christmas with my younger brothers and kicked some serious A$$, bless them, they never knew what hit them!!

For the record: It was Several Dragon Punches and a couple of Fireballs.

Also layed down the law on UFC 2010.... Gotta love me some Christmas this year!
Hahaha. That's awesome.

I'd get a kick out of schooling my little brother when visiting if it wasn't for the little issue of him being some kind of jedi master in the art of making me want to throw controllers. I don't know if it's just because I'm getting older or what, but kids nowadays are brutally good at some videogaming.

Iron Ape
12-28-2010, 01:36 AM
I have little interest in videogames anymore, but goddamn I'm ordering that shit tomorrow.
Amazon's got it for $20. It's easily worth paying 3 times that.

I own an original copy of the Japanese-only first S&P game on N64.... that and Suikoden II are probably the closest things I have to videogame rarities.
Man, I wish I had an original copy. I at least have it downloaded off of the Shop Channel onto my Wii, though.

The Brown One
12-28-2010, 01:40 AM
but kids nowadays are brutally good at some videogaming.

This is seriously true. My little brother always schools me at them..don't know if its their small fingers, or hours and hours of practice while we run errands and work.

Iron Ape
12-28-2010, 01:51 AM
This is seriously true. My little brother always schools me at them..don't know if its their small fingers, or hours and hours of practice while we run errands and work.

I'm only 29, but I'm pretty sure that my reflexes just aren't what they used to be. I think a good bit of that might play into it. And you're totally right about them having more time to dedicate to gaming. If I didn't have a career, home, and relationships to worry about, I'd probably be able to get every last trophy in Dead Space, too.

The Brown One
12-28-2010, 02:19 AM
I'm only 29, but I'm pretty sure that my reflexes just aren't what they used to be. I think a good bit of that might play into it. And you're totally right about them having more time to dedicate to gaming. If I didn't have a career, home, and relationships to worry about, I'd probably be able to get every last trophy in Dead Space, too.

Ditto. I think drinking also plays a factor in this :P I know it does for me. eg. If I'm sniping in an FPS game, I can't hold the scope still!

Allison
12-28-2010, 02:20 AM
I do not / cannot play video games. (but) I have played ( a real) guitar since I was 9

Allison
12-28-2010, 02:22 AM
Duck fat...

I think I used to go to school with him o_O

IrkenInvader
12-28-2010, 02:27 AM
I do not / cannot play video games. (but) I have played ( a real) guitar since I was 9

I wish I had that skill, I just tried to play a bass guitar and all I made was noise.

SilverGhost
12-28-2010, 02:29 AM

You can play Rockband or Guitar Hero xD

The Brown One
12-28-2010, 02:45 AM
You can play Rockband or Guitar Hero xD

BIG difference beetween a real guitar and a game guitar my friend.

That right there is really impressive.

SilverGhost
12-28-2010, 02:49 AM
BIG difference beetween a real guitar and a game guitar my friend.

That right there is really impressive.

I can't play musical games. Its not my style. xD Give me a shooting game anyday.

I wanna learn how to play bass. Friends of mine want to start a band and they wanted me to play bass. Though I never played a guitar.

The Brown One
12-28-2010, 02:53 AM
I can't play musical games. Its not my style. xD Give me a shooting game anyday.

Hell yeah! I thought Guitar Hero would be fun, but its actually a pain in the ass, with all those flashing colours and pushing the buttons on the toy guitar..now I just hang the toy guitar on the wall as a prop :P

I tried to play a real guitar, but find it hard since a fingers not been able to bend properly since birth, and I caught another finger in a door once, thanks to the sibling -.-

SilverGhost
12-28-2010, 02:57 AM
Hell yeah! I thought Guitar Hero would be fun, but its actually a pain in the ass, with all those flashing colours and pushing the buttons on the toy guitar..now I just hang the toy guitar on the wall as a prop :P

I tried to play a real guitar, but find it hard since a fingers not been able to bend properly since birth, and I caught another finger in a door once, thanks to the sibling -.-

My fingers is for gaming xD

I tried the guitar but I guess a buff bass player isn't going to be in my friends band :P

The Brown One
12-28-2010, 03:09 AM
My fingers is for gaming xD

I tried the guitar but I guess a buff bass player isn't going to be in my friends band :P

Are they Emo skinny? Those guys are really skinny.

SilverGhost
12-28-2010, 03:14 AM
Are they Emo skinny? Those guys are really skinny.

Naw. Normal people. I am just a medium built guy.

Though I do know skinny people that I can pick them up from their ankles and use them like a bat :P

The Brown One
12-28-2010, 03:28 AM
Naw. Normal people. I am just a medium built guy.

Though I do know skinny people that I can pick them up from their ankles and use them like a bat :P

Haha I wish the same wer'e true here! We got people the size of Umaga(except theyr'e just fat) here xD

Kashdinero
12-28-2010, 04:22 AM
Haha I wish the same wer'e true here! We got people the size of Umaga(except theyr'e just fat) here xD

I bet it's safe to say that not many people call them fat to their face!

I'm a singer/song writer in a new band me and my other musically talented mates have recently started... The Bowdikites They want me to play guitar but I've never tried.... 2011 may be the year that I give it a try!

The Brown One
12-28-2010, 06:31 AM
I bet it's safe to say that not many people call them fat to their face!

I'm a singer/song writer in a new band me and my other musically talented mates have recently started... The Bowdikites They want me to play guitar but I've never tried.... 2011 may be the year that I give it a try!

Nope you'd get beaten or stabbed(no joke).

And: Forming a band with your mates is something awesome, if you can play or not. If you can, its a plus :D So good luck to you in doing that. I've been wanting to learn too, and have been planning to buy a guitar, so I'll see if I can afford it, come 2011.

Bodom
12-28-2010, 10:33 AM

Same here, but not since I was 9.

What do you have?

Necroyeti
12-28-2010, 11:28 AM
I wanna learn how to play bass. Friends of mine want to start a band and they wanted me to play bass. Though I never played a guitar.
Buy a cheap electric fretless, they're way easier to learn on and have a lovely warm sound (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdqje73KQwg). They lack that... plosive, punchy sound of rock/metal, but it's not impossible (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfT0--e2A_U) to make em sound awesome in that context.

SilverGhost
12-28-2010, 12:52 PM
Buy a cheap electric fretless, they're way easier to learn on and have a lovely warm sound (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdqje73KQwg). They lack that... plosive, punchy sound of rock/metal, but it's not impossible (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfT0--e2A_U) to make em sound awesome in that context.

I like that bass sound xD

Allison
12-28-2010, 08:18 PM
Same here, but not since I was 9.

What do you have?

I have a DanElectro electric (reissue)

and a Yamaha acoustic.

But I usually play my dads Martin 000-42 :D

Bodom
12-28-2010, 09:14 PM
I have a DanElectro electric (reissue)

and a Yamaha acoustic.

But I usually play my dads Martin 000-42 :D

Lucky!!

I stick with my Epiphone Zakk Wylde Les Paul or my Ibanez RG 320.

I want that Martin!

RevolutionIcon
12-31-2010, 06:38 PM
I got nail clippers, scissors, and a gift certificate to Wal Mart. Gonna buy some razors and a shovel.