PDA

View Full Version : Jeff Hardy Finally Arrives in TNA!

WFâ„¢ - Original Member!
09-06-2010, 10:41 AM
It's been a long time coming, with his court case hanging over his head its fair to say Jeff Hardy's mind wouldn't totally be on his Wrestling but I'm sure I'm not alone in thinking he has been phoning it in for more or less all of his TNA tenure so far, last nights promo before his match with Kurt Angle he mentioned "I'm a great wrestler too" when questioned about Kurt being the best in the World, I must say I sniggered at that notion and said to myself "Well its about time you started showing it then Jeff!"

I think its fair to see he did that and more, I'm not naive enough to believe Hardy just pulled out all the stops, I know a large reason he had such a great match last night was due to him being in the ring with Kurt Angle, this guy just seems to get better and better, however not since SummerSlam 09 have I saw Jeff Hardy put so much into a match, he proved last night why the WWE where desperate to keep him and proved why TNA where desperate to sign him up, the crowd with the "Lets go Angle, Lets go Hardy" seemed very Pro Angle when the chant was going up but I noticed a subtle change in the pop as the match when on and the fans started siding more with Jeff, that for me spoke volumes for the story he helped tell in that ring, it wasn't even booked to go like that either, I think the live crowd where just surprised and thrilled that Hardy put on a performance befitting the billing he receives.

I think Jeff Hardy has been one underrated performer for a few years now, I was always on his case that he was a spot monkey but ever since 2007 he has matured as a performer, however he still relied to heavily on gimmick matches in my opinion, well last night for me at least proved that he can not only make a non gimmick match entertaining, he can also last the pace, for me last night was Jeff Hardy's best ever non gimmick match perfromance.

What did you think of his performance last night and his career so far in TNA?

Champ
09-06-2010, 11:51 AM
I totally agree with you 100%. Last night, Jeff Hardy proved why he is one of the most prominent superstars in the wrestling industry today.

I have been a Jeff Hardy fan for years. Heck, he's probably my favorite of all time. And last night, he reminded me of why I like him so much.

Ya know, people have been saying for years that Jeff can't wrestle - that he's just a spot monkey. Well, he is one heck of an entertainer and performer, if you ask me! I think the problem is that he's never had anyone to push him to his full potential in the ring, the way the Kurt Angle did last night. (Well, with the exception of the match that he won against HBK on Raw, back in 2008.)

I'm not taking anything away from Kurt, though. Hell, in mind me he is, without a doubt, one of the best to ever step inside of a wrestling ring. But I must praise Jeff Hardy for his efforts last night. And I disagree with the fact that some people seem to want to give all the credit of the greatness of last night's match to Kurt. It takes two men to make a match - not one.

I expected Kurt to have to carry Jeff for the entire match. But, that wasn't the case! This was a classic one-on-one match, and was arguably the greatest match of the year. Even with the disappointing ending of this match, I still consider it a 5 star match and will recommend anyone who says that Hardy can't wrestle to watch it.

Yes, Hardy has arrived in TNA! If it weren't for his pending court case, he would definitely be the guy to carry the TNA name and the world championship. I'm not saying this because I am a Hardy fan. I'm saying this because it is the truth. Like him or hate him, you have to admit that last night he brought his A-game. He and Angle had me on the edge of my seats. I haven't enjoyed a match this much in years!!

WFâ„¢ - Original Member!
09-06-2010, 01:21 PM
He did bring his A game last night, but it's took him 9 months to bring his A game, I fully agree that the court case will be weighing heavily on his mind, however its not 100% that he'd have came in and looked any better than he has done, still, he needs to get into better shape if he is to have a run as a top guy in the company

within the last year Kurt Angle has been involved in match of the year contenders all over the place, while this article is praising Jeff Hardy I don't think we can underestimate how important Angle was to the success of the match

Over the last 10 months Kurt Angle has been at the heart of everything good thats happened in a TNA ring

Kurt Angle vs Desmond Wolfe
Kurt Angle vs AJ Styles
Kurt Angle vs Ken Anderson
Kurt Angle vs Jeff Hardy

ren
09-07-2010, 02:18 AM
I agree that Jeff is a good wrestler and all... but his promos are extremely bad. I mean reallly bad, on TNA his promoš and interviews has become worst than when he was on WWE... I really hate it when there was more "Hardy, Hardy" chants last night, then chants for Anlge. Wrestling skill in the ring is a very valuable thing, but wrestler needs some strong gimmick as well, and Hardy haven't learned how to speak for more than 10 years, so this is the reason why I don't like Jeff Hardy at all.

AGEOFFALL
09-07-2010, 03:25 AM
SO what the court case is over now or what? What was the verdict?

WFâ„¢ - Original Member!
09-07-2010, 01:30 PM
I don't think his court case is until October

jrdudley
09-08-2010, 10:18 AM
jeff hardy is a good wrestler i dont see them putting the title on him he looks like an idiot and im sure they probally think once is court hearings are done he'll sign back with wwe,he shouldnt talk becuase he sounds like asmall child havin his ass sniffed by a dog on a constant basis but he i dont think he will be world champ in tna...he wasnt before and i dont think he deserves it now either...

Champ
09-08-2010, 12:29 PM
I agree that Jeff is a good wrestler and all... but his promos are extremely bad. I mean reallly bad, on TNA his promoš and interviews has become worst than when he was on WWE... I really hate it when there was more "Hardy, Hardy" chants last night, then chants for Anlge. Wrestling skill in the ring is a very valuable thing, but wrestler needs some strong gimmick as well, and Hardy haven't learned how to speak for more than 10 years, so this is the reason why I don't like Jeff Hardy at all.

The reason that there were more "Hardy" chants than "Angle" chants is that Jeff is more popular than Kurt. It's that simple. Whether anyone likes it or hates it, Jeff is one of the most popular wrestlers in the business today.

Don't get me wrong, I think that Angle is one of the best to ever lace up a pair of wrestling boots. But...he's never been as popular as Hardy is.

AGEOFFALL
09-11-2010, 02:54 AM
The reason that there were more "Hardy" chants than "Angle" chants is that Jeff is more popular than Kurt. It's that simple. Whether anyone likes it or hates it, Jeff is one of the most popular wrestlers in the business today.

Don't get me wrong, I think that Angle is one of the best to ever lace up a pair of wrestling boots. But...he's never been as popular as Hardy is.

How Jeff ever got so popular is beyond me?