PDA

View Full Version : WWE 2K14 Thread

Pages : [1] 2

jelle1809
02-20-2013, 05:04 PM
After a week or so that it has been posted on the newsboard. It's basically been made official since there has been an announcement on wwe.com:

http://www.wwe.com/inside/thq/wwe-13/2k-and-wwe-announce-exclusive-multi-year-agreement-for-wwe-video-game-series-26090727

What do you think? Can a WWE game finally get succesfull again under a new developer? I sure hope so, like to know your htoughts.

http://www.wwe.com/f/wysiwyg/image/2013/02/20130214_WWE14_LIGHT_HOMEPAGE.jpg

Robstar
02-20-2013, 05:16 PM
I'll move this to the games section

HHHBK
02-20-2013, 05:16 PM
Wish they would bring back an improved GM mode..

jelle1809
02-20-2013, 05:30 PM
I'll move this to the games section
Thanks! :D

Wish they would bring back an improved GM mode..
yeah... Me too, sure miss that mode. plus a renewed create a title belt feature.

FLWWEFan
02-22-2013, 02:12 PM
Would love to see an NXT mode featuring some of the NXT wrestlers where you have to work and earn your way to be called up to the WWE.

Too bad Tough Enough isn't around anymore or that could be incorporated into the game.

magglis
02-22-2013, 04:33 PM
Would love to see an NXT mode featuring some of the NXT wrestlers where you have to work and earn your way to be called up to the WWE.

Too bad Tough Enough isn't around anymore or that could be incorporated into the game.

Reality show mode?

PandaMassacre
02-22-2013, 04:59 PM
Things that would make me like the franchise again.

*Bring back General Manager mode.

*Bring back the never ending season mode that the games from 2000-2003 had.

*Bring back the custom picture taking feature it had when you created a wrestler

*Beef up the create a superstar selections. Here Comes the Pain had the best and biggest one.

*Bring back the free roam backstage feature that used to be accessed by just pressing square at the top of the ramp.

*Bring back the feature that allowed you to skip your own entrance by ambushing somebody as they are coming out.

It seems as though they took alot out of these games as time progressed with the SVR series.

FLWWEFan
02-22-2013, 05:21 PM
Reality show mode?

An NXT mode with your created wrestler, working your way up the ranks.

It could be one of the story modes.

VanHooliganX
02-22-2013, 09:12 PM
So glad 2k have taken it. Seems like it's in good hands but I could see the first 1 being a bit of a meh game until they properly know what they're doing with it. We'll have to see.

Iron Ape
02-22-2013, 09:32 PM
As far as I'm concerned, all of the extra modes and features mean nothing as long as the core gameplay remains as spectacularly dull and lifeless as it has been for the past several years. And until AKI get brought back into the fold, I'm remaining pessimistic.

Bodom
02-25-2013, 10:21 AM
I just want a WWE game with controls that don't suck ass.

Steve Austin
02-26-2013, 05:41 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4w1TVlPYW0

Shut up and take my money!!!

AWrestlingGod
02-27-2013, 04:48 AM

I'd fork over a 100 dollars for that.

Tomsta666
02-27-2013, 05:52 AM

http://cs6287.userapi.com/u5335648/docs/93a1a0472800/Dean_Ambrose_Nope.gif

Cabers
02-27-2013, 07:04 AM

I haven't bought a WWE game in nearly 5 years but i would have to buy that!!

VanHooliganX
02-27-2013, 07:07 AM

Be the ref mode?!

Pleeeeaaase!

SESAfro
04-06-2013, 03:43 PM
*awaits for anarchy*

http://www.pastapadre.com/2013/04/06/wwe-2k14-cover-goes-to-the-rock

Chenery7
04-11-2013, 05:58 PM
Just fix the online matching content bullshit then it might be a decent game!

Viperfish
04-11-2013, 06:31 PM
I want a season/career mode that you can play with a custom superstar, with semi-randomized programs and angles you can work with based on where you are on the ladder, who you have as allies/enemies, and be given a degree of decision-making along the way so you can branch a program/angle down different paths.

I play WWE 13, I think of some bullshit interview with the devs(or Paul Heyman, can't remember who) and they spoke about writing 200 storylines or some shit... and I don't see a single one.

danielrees26
05-12-2013, 11:34 AM
Im sure I read on here that TNA maybe bringing out a new video game soon so a thought I had, would be if you think WWE will be brave enough to include ex WWE TNA guys (Kurt Angle, Jeff Hardy, Tazz, RVD, Bubba Ray, D-Von, Mickie James, Victoria, etc, even Hogan and Sting!) in their new game! There shouldnt be any copyright infringement or anything because WWE owns their names and likenesses from the original WWE/WCW/ECW run? I would rather this than slots used up for (basically) alternate costumes rather than different superstars (why have the big show and paul wight as 2 different characters when you could just use have it as a alternate costume!!) that way then, if the WWE markets it right, there will be no real need to buy the new TNA game because most of the roster will be WWE 2K14 which would be the superior game!?!?

thoughts??

AssassinBlade
05-12-2013, 11:42 AM
WWE might be able to inquire some names from TNA. WWE might be able to get RVD, and other WCW natives but most names might breach the contracts of TNA superstar. If there might be a possibly of this, it would be a Invasion Story line!

danielrees26
05-12-2013, 11:52 AM
didnt they have Hogan in All Stars and RVD in WWE 12?? i think because they own the rights to use videos from their back catalog surely they can use their likeness in games to?
and invasion storyline would be epic!

AssassinBlade
05-12-2013, 12:00 PM
didnt they have Hogan in All Stars and RVD in WWE 12?? i think because they own the rights to use videos from their back catalog surely they can use their likeness in games to?

Even through that would be an epic idea, Hulk Hogan was not a big part of the Invasion Story line. WWE should begin inquire big names in the story line such as Kurt Angle, Jeff Hardy, Matt Hardy, etc. If that could happen, WWE is in line for a big pay day with WWE fans wanting to relive moments and the shocking moments of this story line!

FHJoker
05-12-2013, 12:32 PM

Hogan was in All Stars because I think his TNA contract allowed it.
RVD was signed on to be in SVR 2011 before he went to TNA.
The only rights WWE has is to the archieve Videos & Images from their back catalog. They can't use others likeness for use in Games, Toys, etc.

Los Conquistador
05-12-2013, 12:37 PM

Hogan has rights to his own name so WWE paid him directly for use, not TNA, van dam had already arranged to be in WWE 12 before he signed with TNA

Overall, WWE wont use TNA guys because it would be seen as promoting the competition. One legend, say hogan, could happen, but that would be it

danielrees26
05-12-2013, 01:47 PM
even though it would be promoting the competition and yes they may get some more viewers, like its been said before, big payday for wrestling fans who want this in the games! hopefully they will pull something out of the bag..

another direction but keeping with the invasion storyline would be to have the NXT roster on there? that way people can get familiar with the NXT "universe" because i heard they were looking for a tv deal in the us for NXT (on here i read that) im in the UK and we get NXT on sky so the uk market would already be familiar... so rather than take up 3 slots for triple h and the undertaker, we could have the wyatt family, bo dallas, richie steamboat etc!

Mr. Ziggles
05-12-2013, 03:00 PM
They could use them if they wanted, but they would have to be as they were in WWE or WCW, since they own the rights to their WWE persona and their WWE persona, the only ones I think they may have troble with is team Bubba/Bully, since he used his WWE name elsewhere makes me think WWE does not have that tradmerked, angle and Devon would be OK since they use their real names.

But at the end of the day, WWE wouldnt want them in due to advertising the competition, even if there is no direct reference to TNA they are advertising their roster, TNA would probably jump at the chance but WWE would be foolish to allow it.

I just with someone would make a wrestling game, not a WWE game, and pick up rights to each person separately, like EA did with their first MMA game.

ItswrestlingIwantblood
05-12-2013, 04:00 PM
It would be really cool to see some TNA names in WWE 2k14. I could see RVD and/or The Hardys. I know Kurt Angle and WWE are still kinda tense between each other. I too prefer this over just alternate costumes. I would be lying too if I said I wasn't excited that the series shifted to 2K. I don't know if anyone else on here is a big NBA fan but 2K does an excellent job with NBA 2K games. I refuse to reserve anymore though after paying $60 for last years game and it having the one-count glitch and beyond horrible A.I.

HellDemon102094
05-13-2013, 07:12 AM
Are their any new ideas that you want put into the new WWE 2K14 video game coming out later this year?
Some things I would like are:

new environments, such as climbing the Jumbo-tron
When in a match, go backstage from the entrace way, or go back in the crowd, such as in smackdown v.s. raw 2008
General Manager Mode
attack someone during entrance or after match manually
Triple Threat Tag Team Matches(2007 & 2008)
8 people in the ring at a time
5 v.s. 5 Survivor Series Matches

How about you? Any Ideas?

Steve's Right Peg of Doom
05-13-2013, 07:30 AM
IWC mode: Where grown ass men bitch and moan after every show and PPV and they get bonus points for saying the following:

1: Calling someone else a Mark
2: Saying sick of Cena being shoved down our throats
3: Saying Randy Orton is boring
4: Saying Punk stole the GTS from Kenta
5: Saying PG sux
6: Asking for the Attitude Era back
7: Blaming everything on Linda McMahon
8: Saying they will never watch again but still watch and comment on every episode
9: Saying WWE sux and they love TNA but never actually say anything about TNA just berate WWE every chance they get
10: Saying TNA will fold in a year
11: Saying Hulk and Bischoff are ruining TNA, overlooking the fact they are enjoying one of their best ever periods
12: Create a list of top 5 or 10 of something or other
13: Calling other people idiots or stupid or saying their top 5/10 sux because they don't agree or how have they left out such and such not realising it's a top 5/10 and not a list of everything in wrestling ever
14: Undertaker at Wrestlemania

Bonus points for being capable of posting threads in the right section!

Asherdelampyr
05-13-2013, 07:32 AM
Some things I have wanted for years, and others that used to be in and got removed.

-Real career mode, where you can take a created character through the ranks from curtain-jerker to Superstar. (Smackdown 2 or 3 had this, it was awesome, and it went on literally forever, working on the Universe gimmick of random storylines... That was 3 consoles ago, I am sure that they can do better now)

-The ability to cause interference in every match.

-more options for Tag Team entrances. Conversely, bringing back some of the older ones.

Viperfish
05-13-2013, 07:38 AM
I've said it a few times and I still stand by it. I like playing with one character, and I'd like to be able to participate in random but sensible storylines one after the other, with modern-day decision-making along the way. If your character is a face for example, you should be presented with opportunities to do a surprise heel turn at certain points. I'd like text-based dialog(let's face it, you can't voice something like this without severely limiting the storylines) peppering this thing. I liked some of the concepts behind SvR 2008's 24/7 mode where you could choose to make public appearances, train, and that sort of thing on off-days.

The crap that's in the new games... I mean Jesus it's so lifeless(and pointless) in Universe Mode.

Tommy Thunder
05-13-2013, 07:45 AM
I'm pretty much done with wrestling games as far as I'm concerned. They're not worth the money, and there hasn't been a really good one for a while.

HellDemon102094
05-13-2013, 08:06 AM
every time i play my wwe 13 now, i never get cutscenes, i did in 2011 and 2012 way too much, every match, but never in wwe 13. In 2012 the cut scenes pissed me off because every time i made a tag team, the first match, broke them up, on 2012 a week ago, i started my universe mode over, and made the team of the Hardy's and Matt attacked Hardy during the first match as a team.

Mr Punk
05-13-2013, 08:49 AM
I would like to see an expanded GM mode. Similar to 2007,2008 but expanded a lot more. Like a franchise mode. But to be honest I don't think im gonna bother with WWE 2k14 untill it is out for a while and see what's new. Also the fact I am going to be spending most of my gaming time on GTA 5 when that comes out for a long, long time.

XxJPPRxX
05-24-2013, 04:58 AM
Okay so the we all know the game is coming but we dont know anything that is going on it yet. and wwe13 saw little amount of "new" wrestlers make it to the game, so i figured it would be a change of pace around here to see who everyone thinks will make it onto or who you want to make it in the new WWE2K14 game.
NOTE: they cannot have been in another wwe video game before.
My top 10:
The Shield (Seth Rollins, Dean Ambrose, Roman Reigns)
Big E Langston
Fandango
Bo Dallas
Chris Hero
Corey Graves
Adrian Neville
Bray Wyatt

Mr. Ziggles
05-24-2013, 05:08 AM
The Shield
Big E Langston
Fandango
Bo Dallas (maybe)
Curtis Axel (DLC)
Kaitlyn
Funkadactyls

I think that will be your lot for new people.

Oh and Heyman as an unplayable manager. Never understood the point of those unplayable guys.

Perko
06-11-2013, 02:10 PM
Id love to see an ECW sort of storyline similar to the attitude era mode on wwe 13

SESAfro
06-25-2013, 10:07 AM
Oh hai trailer. *waves*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-QJNZwnhNc

Bodom
06-25-2013, 10:10 AM
Holy shit does Ryback look awful.

Asherdelampyr
06-25-2013, 10:35 AM
Things that would make me like the franchise again.

*Bring back General Manager mode.

*Bring back the never ending season mode that the games from 2000-2003 had.

*Bring back the custom picture taking feature it had when you created a wrestler

*Beef up the create a superstar selections. Here Comes the Pain had the best and biggest one.

*Bring back the free roam backstage feature that used to be accessed by just pressing square at the top of the ramp.

*Bring back the feature that allowed you to skip your own entrance by ambushing somebody as they are coming out.

It seems as though they took alot out of these games as time progressed with the SVR series.

I thought I was the only one who remembered that. I would play that mode for weeks, just getting popped between Steph and Shane and collecting titles.

SESAfro
06-25-2013, 11:16 AM
Holy shit does Ryback look awful.

At least he doesn't look too skinny this time. His neck needs to be told differently.

Dameduse823
06-25-2013, 01:45 PM
Oh hai trailer. *waves*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-QJNZwnhNc

This is terrible, the actual game scenes look like wwe 13 footage, macho man looks like someones caw, but that flapjack super kick looks pretty cool

akbar
06-25-2013, 03:43 PM
The graphics look the same, if not worse.

SESAfro
06-25-2013, 03:55 PM
The graphics look the same, if not worse.

It is a bit disappointing that it isn't for the next generation consoles. That is something that would get me to buy it day one with no problem.

IrkenInvader
06-26-2013, 02:27 PM
How long have they had the title in their hands? This reeks of rush job.

SESAfro
06-26-2013, 02:31 PM
How long have they had the title in their hands? This reeks of rush job.

Around 4 or 5 months, though, more or less, the same team that worked on it for THQ is working on it now.

K2Jelly
06-26-2013, 03:40 PM
Well, I think it's rushed because THQ was halfway in developing this game and they had to stop production after it got closed down so by the time Two Tone picked it up, they had to deal with what they were given.

Tomsta666
06-26-2013, 03:53 PM
Implying that WWE13 wasn't just a rehash of WWE12? Sure the Attitude Era maode was fun, but beyond that it was essentially the same game as last years offering. Give 2K a chance guys, they have after all inherited the remnents of THQs game. What else could they do? It's not they were going to throw away THQ's work and start again was it? It would mean missing out on all that lovely holiday cash! You guys are still going to eat it up regardless of what they put out anyway, I know I more than likely will. I'm sure the next incarnation for the next gen consoles (WWE2K15?) will likely be made from scratch, so just roll with this one :rolleyes:

Robstar
07-14-2013, 08:55 PM
Soooo, Ultimate Warrior huh?

Bodom
07-14-2013, 09:00 PM
Soooo, Ultimate Warrior huh?

Super lame.

K2Jelly
07-14-2013, 09:05 PM
Super lame.

Super excited! :D Who doesn't want to play with the Warrior, amirite?!

The Piper
07-14-2013, 10:28 PM
With the really stupid hints 2k14 on twitter was giving us, I was ready for Warrior. That being said, the "legends" aspect of the game seems appealing, but it will probably end up like last game with way too little legends for a realistic roster.

Robstar
07-15-2013, 01:06 AM
So what is it then?

The Piper
07-15-2013, 01:29 AM
So what is it then?

what is what?

Robstar
07-15-2013, 02:57 AM
The big announcement. Don't tell me that was it?

rossmiller84
07-15-2013, 05:07 AM

Think it's the LEGENDS mode,(warrior is doing the Advert) though a Golden Era Game with no Hogan would be rubbish.

The Piper
07-15-2013, 01:22 PM

They said Monday morning, so that's it. Even though everyone already knew about it

IrkenInvader
07-15-2013, 05:53 PM
This series seems to be going down the soulless, yearly edition path.

Dameduse823
07-15-2013, 06:38 PM
Think it's the LEGENDS mode,(warrior is doing the Advert) though a Golden Era Game with no Hogan would be rubbish.

Anything without hogan is off to a great start in my book.

K2Jelly
07-15-2013, 06:54 PM
I think there's going to be a Golden Era mode just like there was an Attitude Era mode last year. If you look at this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9l2FeI5GMg0

You'll notice some old school arenas.

Dameduse823
07-15-2013, 09:11 PM
I think there's going to be a Golden Era mode just like there was an Attitude Era mode last year. If you look at this video:

Who the hell is this advertising to? The younger group of fans haven't got a clue who this guy is since wwe hardly ever mentions him, even the one dvd they put out was more like a giant fuck you, and the older fans who do know who he is... does any one care?

IrkenInvader
07-15-2013, 10:02 PM
Not gonna lie, gameplay looks like shit.

SESAfro
07-15-2013, 10:30 PM
Not gonna lie, gameplay looks like shit.
I'd say uninspired. I'll be waiting for the next-gen series.

rossmiller84
07-16-2013, 12:37 PM
Anything without hogan is off to a great start in my book.

A Golden Era mode with no hogan is a bit like star wars with no Luke,

Everyone has a fave character, most of which will not be luke, But withought him the story just aint right!

Hence - This mode with no hogan would suck

Roll on the Next gen series

Robstar
07-16-2013, 02:03 PM
Here's my problem with this series of games; they are just too similar every year. There is just not enough diversity - in fact they appear to go backwards in some regard each time. You can't escape the feeling that nobody in development actually has any interest in the subject or the product. Until that changes, I guess the game will always suffer.

Darkside Ron Garvin
07-17-2013, 05:00 AM
I found it comical...

http://www.memegeneokerlund.com/media/created/250/zml1ch.jpg

http://www.memegeneokerlund.com/media/created/250/quhd7w.png

And they have added a new mode to keep the game "fresh" and "progressing".

http://24.media.tumblr.com/322aa2079d07c4e6717d73c8f16b5f57/tumblr_moygy29DT31svy3tgo1_500.png

SESAfro
07-17-2013, 08:43 AM
I found it comical...

http://www.memegeneokerlund.com/media/created/250/zml1ch.jpg

http://www.memegeneokerlund.com/media/created/250/quhd7w.png

And they have added a new mode to keep the game "fresh" and "progressing".

http://24.media.tumblr.com/322aa2079d07c4e6717d73c8f16b5f57/tumblr_moygy29DT31svy3tgo1_500.png
Geez, I knew they dropped in quality but that's just bad.

XD I love that GTA mod. Getting stomped out and shot by wrestlers is hilarious.

Here's my problem with this series of games; they are just too similar every year. There is just not enough diversity - in fact they appear to go backwards in some regard each time. You can't escape the feeling that nobody in development actually has any interest in the subject or the product. Until that changes, I guess the game will always suffer.
Then every now and again they kick themselves in the butt. Here Comes The Pain came out of it and so did WWE '12. The two best installments in the series came after they realized they really needed to do something. Hopefully going toward the next-gen there is another jump in quality.

Robstar
07-17-2013, 03:51 PM
As I stated in that other thread, it need to be less of an arcade experience and more of a role playing/simulation type of thing. More like an actual experience rather than just dropping a coin.

SESAfro
07-18-2013, 08:40 AM
They're trying to find the right mix of arcade and simulation. They've added some things that would help the smoothness that appears when actual wrestlers are in the ring.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/07/16/wwe-2k14-a-taste-of-immortality

The Piper
07-18-2013, 11:14 PM
New gameplay changes! I love it how they give us about 1/8 of what we ask for, and a bunch of bullshit nobody even brought up and expect us to be happy

Tomsta666
07-18-2013, 11:25 PM
That's what happens when you have a annually released franchise though. Especially a sports one. You're never going to get major changes every year, it's just not plausible. Just a new lick of paint and some slightly different bells and whistles. Also taking into account the developer change, we have to give 2K sports a little leeway, coming in halfway through the development of the game and trying to put their own stamp on it. As I said earlier on in this thread, let's not judge them yet wait until the next game, the next gen WWE2K15 or whatever it's going to be called. Also as much flak as this game is getting, you're all still going to buy it!! :rolleyes:

K2Jelly
07-18-2013, 11:31 PM
That's what happens when you have a annually released franchise though. Especially a sports one. You're never going to get major changes every year, it's just not plausible. Just a new lick of paint and some slightly different bells and whistles. Also taking into account the developer change, we have to give 2K sports a little leeway, coming in halfway through the development of the game and trying to put their own stamp on it. As I said earlier on in this thread, let's not judge them yet wait until the next game, the next gen WWE2K15 or whatever it's going to be called. Also as much flak as this game is getting, you're all still going to buy it!! :rolleyes:

This. Even if it is the same as last years' I don't even care all that much. New roster, more OMG moments, better graphics. That's more than enough for me until WWE2K15 presents the changes that they probably had planned for this year's installment.

K2Jelly
07-20-2013, 06:54 PM
New gameplay changes! I love it how they give us about 1/8 of what we ask for, and a bunch of bullshit nobody even brought up and expect us to be happy

I do appreciate the new gameplay changes. The catapult finishers, improved reversal system and better nearfalls intrigue me the most.

Mr. Ziggles
08-01-2013, 09:36 AM
2K have announced the phenom edition

Here’s the full list of Phenom Edition contents:

Exclusive tin coffin box
Exclusive collectible art card personally autographed by Undertaker
Exclusive Undertaker playable character: “American Badass”
Exclusive Undertaker-themed controller skin
“WWE Undertaker – The Streak”: Disc #1 (on DVD)
Access to WWE 2K14 global pre-order offer: Ultimate Warrior playable character
Copy of WWE 2K14 video game

SESAfro
08-01-2013, 09:51 AM

Exclusive tin coffin box

http://downloads.2kgames.com/wwe/site/img/still-contents-of-phenom-edition.jpg
http://downloads.2kgames.com/wwe/site/img/still-16.jpg
http://downloads.2kgames.com/wwe/site/img/still-17.jpg

I'd buy it just for the tin if I could.

K2Jelly
08-01-2013, 09:55 AM

Exclusive tin coffin box

As a big time Undertaker mark, I am definitely getting this for sure. Though I am disappointed they didn't have the spiky haired ABA Undertaker.

Bodom
08-01-2013, 12:19 PM
Nice of them to specify that the game is included in the package. :rolleyes:

The Piper
08-01-2013, 04:36 PM
Do you have to get the package online? or can you ask for it from Game Stop/EB Games?

Mr. Ziggles
08-05-2013, 11:37 PM
Nice of them to specify that the game is included in the package. :rolleyes:

Yes, it's always nice to get that confirmation, I can't tell you how many sleepless nights I have when they don't confirm a copy of the game.

Tomsta666
08-05-2013, 11:47 PM
Am I the only one who really liked American Badass Undertaker?

Keep Rollin' Rollin' Rollin'! Rollin'

shanezam203
08-06-2013, 10:26 AM

I am excited to see Warrior in it but the graphics to me didn't look any better than WWE All Stars back in the day. there was 1 clip in this video or the Rock one where HBK threw the guy in the air then sweet chin music'd him, he doesnt do that. I hope it is as realistic as wwe 13'.

I'd like to see Goldberg in it, but I doubt him and Warrior are both needed for 1 year... nice to see Austin and Macho Man. will the controls be same as wwe 13 or being a new company will Gameplay be different like it changed a few years ago from the Raw Vs. Smackdown days?

rodrik
08-12-2013, 11:29 AM
I was reading the announcement about "30 years of wrestlemania" and I'm really excited about it. I just wanna know who else is excited about it and what matches are you hoping for to appear in the game

evilash
08-12-2013, 12:14 PM
Gaming company ‘2K’ has just released the exciting news that the new single player campaign for their new game “WWE2K14” will be called “30 Years of Wrestlemania”. The official statement from 2K is below:

“The all-new "30 Years of Wrestlemania" mode in WWE 2K14 is official. Inspired by the upcoming Wrestlemania 30 event, the new campaign is described as a, "nostalgic journey through three decades of WWE history. Utilizing the greatest video game roster ever assembled, "30 Years" will allow players the chance to relive and experience 45 classic Wrestlemania matches, including Hulk Hogan vs. Andre the Giant at Wrestlemania III, Hogan vs. The Rock at Wrestlemania X8 and The Rock vs. John Cena at Wrestlemania XXVIII."

Those “45 classic Wrestlemania matches” that will be played in this brand-new campaign MAY be as follows:

Hulk Hogan vs. Andre the Giant (WM 3)
Macho Man Randy Savage vs. Ricky “The Dragon” Steamboat
Hulk Hogan vs. Andre the Giant (WM 4)
Macho Man Randy Savage w/Hulk Hogan vs. Ted DiBiase w/Andre the Giant
Hulk Hogan vs. Macho Man Randy Savage
Hulk Hogan vs. Sgt. Slaughter
Undertaker vs. Jimmy Snuka
Undertaker vs. Jake “The Snake” Roberts
Macho Man Randy Savage vs. Ric Flair
Bret Hart vs. Rowdy Roddy Piper
Yokozuna vs. Bret Hart/Hulk Hogan (WM 9)
Razor Ramon vs. Shawn Michaels
Owen Hart vs. Bret Hart
Shawn Michaels vs. Diesel
Shawn Michaels vs. Bret Hart
Undertaker vs. Diesel
Bret Hart vs. Stone Cold Steve Austin
Undertaker vs. Kane (WM14)
Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. Shawn Michaels
The Rock vs. Stone Cold Steve Austin (WM 15)
The Rock vs. Triple H vs. Mick Foley vs. Big Show
The Rock vs. Stone Cold Steve Austin (WM 17)
Mr. McMahon vs. Shane McMahon
The Rock vs. Hollywood Hulk Hogan
Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. Scott Hall w/Kevin Nash
Undertaker vs. Kane (WM20)
Batista vs. Triple H w/Ric Flair
Undertaker vs. Randy Orton
John Cena vs. JBL
John Cena vs. Triple H
Shawn Michaels vs. Mr. McMahon
Edge w/Lita vs. Mick Foley
Undertaker vs. Batista
John Cena vs. Shawn Michaels
Shawn Michaels vs. Ric Flair
Undertaker vs. Shawn Michaels (WM 25)
Undertaker vs. Shawn Michaels (WM 26)
John Cena vs. Batista
Undertaker vs. Triple H (WM 27)
Edge vs. Alberto Del Rio
CM Punk vs. Chris Jericho
The Rock vs. John Cena (WM28)
Undertaker vs. Triple H, w/Special Referee: Shawn Michaels (WM28)
The Rock vs. John Cena (WM29)
Undertaker vs. CM Punk

You may notice several historic matches missing from the line-up. Keep in mind, Ultimate Warrior is only a downloadable character and won't be featured in this mode. Also, classic matches that involve the mega-popular TLC Matches won’t be featured in the game, as several of the wrestlers involved - Jeff Hardy and the Dudley Boyz - are under contract to TNA Wrestling.

Matches also left out will be those that involved Kurt Angle. Angle, who has been featured in several main event/top card matches which were unarguably classics, is also under contract to TNA Wrestling, which doesn’t allow him to be featured in a WWE Game (despite last year on Twitter stating that he thinks he SHOULD be in the game because of the Attitude Era campaign). This is sad news as his matches against Brock Lesnar, Eddie Guerrero and Shawn Michaels would have been a joy to relive!

As it pertains to Hulk Hogan’s involvement; his unique contract with TNA Impact Wrestling allows him to seek merchandise deals outside of the company.

As for Chris Benoit...enough said.

Who do you guys want to see on the roster?
(Sorry if this is too long and should be in the video game section, I just figure everyone would want to discuss!):cool:

Dameduse823
08-12-2013, 12:28 PM
.....If this game is going to force me to play as hogan then it has lost some serious points in my book. The CAW features better be spectacular to make up for forcing people to play as that hack.

therepoman
08-12-2013, 12:31 PM
Doubt Owen Hart will be in the game.

Cabers
08-12-2013, 12:49 PM
I am actually not looking forward to this tbh i haven't bought a WWE game in a long time and this one is not very appealing to me anyway.

SouthernBlood
08-12-2013, 12:54 PM
.....If this game is going to force me to play as hogan then it has lost some serious points in my book. The CAW features better be spectacular to make up for forcing people to play as that hack.

To an extent, I agree. One thing about all these "modes", and "Relive classics", is that I'm simply not always crazy about all these dudes you're FORCED to play as. I'll never forget the John Cena RTWM thing. FUCK No lol.

Robstar
08-12-2013, 02:31 PM
I was reading the announcement about "30 years of wrestlemania" and I'm really excited about it. I just wanna know who else is excited about it and what matches are you hoping for to appear in the game

If I don't get to play King Kong Bundy vs Special Delivery Jones I'm gonna throw a shitfit

SESAfro
08-12-2013, 04:37 PM
I'm getting slowly and slowly more disappointed with the game. WE JUST HAD ATTITUDE MODE LAST YEAR! GIVE ME SOMETHING DIFFERENT. But I know deep down inside, my behind is going to get it anyway.

K2Jelly
08-12-2013, 04:47 PM
I'm getting slowly and slowly more disappointed with the game. WE JUST HAD ATTITUDE MODE LAST YEAR! GIVE ME SOMETHING DIFFERENT. But I know deep down inside, my behind is going to get it anyway.

Yep, so shut up and buy. ;)

But I have to agree with you. These "Relive" modes are pretty much disappointing in the long run because you've already beaten the game before you've played it since you already know what happens in the end.

shanezam203
08-12-2013, 04:56 PM

I'm real excited about this. I may be in the minority but I enjoy the Attitude era or playing as some of the older characters more than a lot of the new ones... excited for the game and will be getting it for 360.

Also, I'd like to see Goldberg vs. Brock, even though the match was weak, I want to rein-act it.

http://wwe.2k.com/news/us-30-years-of-wrestlemania.php

Dameduse823
08-14-2013, 02:39 AM
So... I just took a look at the roster on the wwe 2k14 home page and we officially have 2 Rocks, 2 hogans and 2 undertakers. I can't be the only person who was really pissed with how many duplicates were in last years game especially since most of them could have easily been alternative attires so why does it seem like their doing the same thing this year?

shanezam203
08-16-2013, 01:15 PM
So... I just took a look at the roster on the wwe 2k14 home page and we officially have 2 Rocks, 2 hogans and 2 undertakers. I can't be the only person who was really pissed with how many duplicates were in last years game especially since most of them could have easily been alternative attires so why does it seem like their doing the same thing this year?

I noticed that too, good publicity for Hogan while he is in TNA... nice to see Ultimate Warrior and some others but I also thought that was interesting Rock is on the cover (and not Daniel Bryan) and there are 2 of him, Hogan and Taker. But I do enjoy the Attitude Era and 30 years of WM, so I enjoy that part of it but think they are trying to pull from past fans to get current buy rates.

TimmyNoNut
08-17-2013, 01:39 PM
Now that the roster has been revealed what matches are you expecting?

SESAfro
08-17-2013, 01:49 PM
Now that the roster has been revealed what matches are you expecting?

Not all of it, just the ones that are featured in the "30 Years of Wrestlemania" mode. Since I'm waiting for the livestream and haven't read the actual list, I'll get back to you on that.

Robstar
08-17-2013, 02:21 PM
IF I buy it, I won't be able to help myself from doing a tag tourney with original and retro characters as teams. :rolleyes:

Robstar
08-17-2013, 02:22 PM
Is anyone else having issues with the WWE2K14 site?

K2Jelly
08-17-2013, 02:31 PM
Hahahaha! The 2K stream's not working and the commentators are freaking out! xD

Robstar
08-17-2013, 02:33 PM
Hahahaha! The 2K stream's not working and the commentators are freaking out! xD

I don't understand any of this comment. Who are the commentators and what stream?

K2Jelly
08-17-2013, 02:36 PM
I don't understand any of this comment. Who are the commentators and what stream?

The roster reveal was supposed to start a few minutes ago on 2K's stream via twitch.com but it hasn't started yet and the viewers are freaking out in the comments section.

SESAfro
08-17-2013, 02:39 PM
The roster reveal was supposed to start a few minutes ago on 2K's stream via twitch.com but it hasn't started yet and the viewers are freaking out in the comments section.

It's both depressing to see people freak out for a minor inconvenience but hilarious to see some of their comments. One of them said a few minutes ago; "Screw the stream, let's go praise our dogs."

Robstar
08-17-2013, 02:39 PM
Oh OK. The roster has been reported in several places already though? Is this just for the über-nerds??

K2Jelly
08-17-2013, 02:41 PM
Oh OK. The roster has been reported in several places already though? Is this just for the über-nerds??

That list MAY not be 100% accurate.

SESAfro
08-17-2013, 02:42 PM

That. Or people who don't look at "Wrasslin' News" sites and just want to see one of their favorite games stream their reveal.

Robstar
08-17-2013, 02:44 PM
Link me, I wanna check out these comments

K2Jelly

Here you go.

http://www.twitch.tv/2k

SESAfro
They're mostly dumb, but you'd get some gems.

http://www.twitch.tv/2k

K2Jelly
08-17-2013, 02:45 PM
Need you to approve my post if you want to see my link.

Robstar
08-17-2013, 02:49 PM
Need you to approve my post if you want to see my link.

I can see it without approving it first :D

Robstar
08-17-2013, 02:51 PM
OK like 3 seconds of that was enough to do my head in. LOL

K2Jelly
08-17-2013, 02:57 PM
OK like 3 seconds of that was enough to do my head in. LOL

"Guuuuuuuuyz, stop spamming!"
*Trollface*
"2k is gaaaaaay!"
*Trollface*
"hajagkahiahalisajs"
*Trollface*
*Middle Finger*

My fucking sides! xD

K2Jelly
08-17-2013, 03:04 PM
Looks like it's finally starting.

K2Jelly
08-17-2013, 03:11 PM
Haha. I just caught ewantu2 in the comments on the stream. And it looks like the mods are finally cracking down on all the trolling.

K2Jelly
08-17-2013, 03:25 PM
Looks like they aren't releasing the full roster. I'm out then.

SESAfro
08-17-2013, 03:42 PM
Damien and Flair being fools? I'd just watch that instead of the roster revealing. But I got both, so I'm happy.

TimmyNoNut
08-17-2013, 06:14 PM
http://wwe.2k.com/index.php/roster is the official roster so far. so what matches are you expecting?
Brock Lesner(retro) vs Goldberg
Brock Lesner vs Triple H
Triple H(Retro) vs Big Show(retro) vs Mick Foley the Rock (retro)
The Miz vs John Cena
Cena vs Rock 1 and 2
Rey Mysterio vs JBL
JBL vs Cena
Evolution vs Rock and Sock Connection
Rock(retro) vs Hollywood Hulk Hogan
HBK (retro) vs Razor Ramon
Ric Flair vs HBK
HBK vs Taker
Retro Kane vs Taker
Yokozuna vs Bret Hart
Bret Hart vs HBK
Bret Hart vs Stone Cold
Stone Cold vs HBK
Stone Cold vs Rock 1-3
Stone Cold vs Razor
Slaughter vs Hulk Hogan
Hogan vs Andre
Hogan vs King Kong Bundy
Edge vs Albertio Del Rio
Edge vs The Taker
Diesel vs HBK
Batista vs Triple H
Batista vs John Cena
CM Punk vs Taker

Dameduse823
08-17-2013, 09:23 PM
Ok seriously, can some one tell me the reason for having 9 duplicates? Every one of those duplications could have been an attire switch instead of taking up a character slot

TheDevilsAdvocate
08-17-2013, 09:59 PM
I am going to skip this one like I did with 11, 12, and 13. The games just do not seem worth it anymore. They should re-release some of their earlier games with better graphics. I would give an arm and a leg to have these re-done:

Smackdown Know your role 1

Smackdown Know your role 2

Raw 1

Raw 2

Smackdown Just bring it

Smackdown Shut your mouth

Smackdown Here comes the pain

Smackdown vs Raw 2006 (You have to admit that the GM mode was pretty awesome!)

K2Jelly
08-17-2013, 10:03 PM
Ok seriously, can some one tell me the reason for having 9 duplicates? Every one of those duplications could have been an attire switch instead of taking up a character slot

Because the difference between retro and current versions is there attribute overall. For instance, the wise-cracking, snarky, brash, upstart version of Shawn Michaels might have a 87 overall but the seasoned veteran version of HBK would probably have a higher rating which, technically, makes them different characters. And alternate attires are usually used to change up one image of a superstar not past or future versions.

K2Jelly
08-17-2013, 10:57 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9MbI5OBN5s

This is Daniel Bryan's entrance. Huge improvement with the crowd volume and addition of DBD audio.

THE HEARTBREAK KID
08-31-2013, 04:12 PM
Just seen the roster, really pleased to see Razor Ramon on the game! :D

Going to be awesome reliving the Ramon vs HBK ladder match.

Iron Ape
08-31-2013, 10:13 PM
I am going to skip this one like I did with 11, 12, and 13. The games just do not seem worth it anymore.
Couldn't agree more. I just popped '13 in a couple of weeks ago after sitting on my shelves since Xmas, and I wasn't really thrilled. They seem unable to take a step forward without also taking a step back.

They should re-release some of their earlier games with better graphics. I would give an arm and a leg to have these re-done:

Smackdown Know your role 1

Smackdown Know your role 2

Raw 1

Raw 2

Smackdown Just bring it

Smackdown Shut your mouth

Smackdown Here comes the pain

Smackdown vs Raw 2006 (You have to admit that the GM mode was pretty awesome!)
I would pay an obscene amount of money for an updated and HD version of the N64's No Mercy, which, to me, remains the best wrestling game ever.

K2Jelly
08-31-2013, 10:18 PM
Couldn't agree more. I just popped '13 in a couple of weeks ago after sitting on my shelves since Xmas, and I wasn't really thrilled. They seem unable to take a step forward without also taking a step back.

I would pay an obscene amount of money for an updated and HD version of the N64's No Mercy, which, to me, remains the best wrestling game ever.

You might be impressed when 2K15 comes out. 2K14 was will in production by THQ before they went bankrupt so 2K had no choice but to pick up where they left off. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and assume that 2K15 is when we'll get some change. But from what I've seen from 2K14, it's really not a bad thing. They've polished up the gameplay; harder reversals, dragging motion, and added audio just to name a few. Personally, I don't think there's nothing left to really improve on or change that much expect for a few modes like HCTP's Career Mode and GM Mode.

SESAfro
09-01-2013, 09:30 AM
If it wasn't so painstakingly slow, I'd be inclined to agree with you. Smackdown! vs Raw 2006 is still the best. Then slowly behind come Here Comes The Pain, WWE 12 and No Mercy.

Bodom
09-01-2013, 10:34 AM
It's kind of adorable that people think the WWE games will start to change with the next installment. Oh to be young again and filled with false optimism.

SESAfro
09-01-2013, 12:58 PM
It's kind of adorable that people think the WWE games will start to change with the next installment. Oh to be young again and filled with false optimism.

What a wonder it is to have hope. :)

Bodom
09-01-2013, 01:10 PM
I
What a wonder it is to have hope. :)

Until you grow up. And realize hope is for children who believe wishing for things will solve problems and give you what you want.

Robstar
09-01-2013, 02:37 PM
I

Until you grow up. And realize hope is for children who believe wishing for things will solve problems and give you what you want.

At first I read this and thought, "Is Bodom stealing my schtick?" then I realised I have become like Bods myself - bitter, cynical and depressing. "Be like the Bods! Be like the Bods!"

SESAfro
09-01-2013, 03:46 PM
I

Growing up? So you become bitter and cynical? Sorry, I rather be a child with hope and love than a husk of a human being. :3

Go 2K! You can do it next year!

Dameduse823
09-01-2013, 07:30 PM
Does anyone know when the full roster is being released?

Bodom
09-01-2013, 07:39 PM
Does anyone know when the full roster is being released?

Some point between today and October 29th.

Dameduse823
09-01-2013, 07:56 PM
Some point between today and October 29th.

Thank you, thats very helpful

Iron Ape
09-01-2013, 11:33 PM
If it wasn't so painstakingly slow, I'd be inclined to agree with you. Smackdown! vs Raw 2006 is still the best. Then slowly behind come Here Comes The Pain, WWE 12 and No Mercy.
I've honestly never played this, but I just found it on Amazon for $9 new, so I think I'm going to bite.

It's going to take a pretty damn amazing game to surpass my love of the ol' N64 grapplers, but I'll definitely go into with an open mind.

AWrestlingGod
09-02-2013, 12:18 AM

I believe Day of Reckoning 2 is one of the best wrestling games to ever come out. Better than WWE 12 and Smackdown Vs Raw 06. The great gameplay, the create a wrestler mode was fantastic, and all the moves to choose from was just amazing.

Iron Ape
09-02-2013, 01:13 AM
I believe Day of Reckoning 2 is one of the best wrestling games to ever come out. Better than WWE 12 and Smackdown Vs Raw 06. The great gameplay, the create a wrestler mode was fantastic, and all the moves to choose from was just amazing.
I really didn't like the way Day of Reckoning 2 handled. The action was all kinds of clunky.

The game did look sweet, at least.

SESAfro
09-02-2013, 01:44 PM
I'd put it in the same spot with No Mercy. It is more or less the same, but it isn't as slow. I do agree with Ape on the fact that it is a bit clunky at times. It is like a baby between No Mercy and the Smackdown games. Which is a good thing.

K2Jelly
09-20-2013, 01:54 PM
You should see how many people are moaning and groaning because HBK v. 'Taker I isn't going to be in the "30 Years of WM" mode.Fucking hysterical. I mean, yeah, it's a shame that the match is being left out but it makes sense if you think about it. They already included HBK vs.. 'Taker II so it wouldn't really make much sense to practically play the exact same match back to back since they're separated by about a year. Plus, the game developers have the opportunity to post a highlight video featuring their first WM match.

lol "This match isn't in? FUCK THIS GAME!" Yeah, right. :rolleyes: The only people to go through with that oath are the ones who stopped being invested in WWE games for a while. Anyone who's bought WWE '13 is going to buy 2K14 when the opportunity is best for them. Bank on it.

Asherdelampyr
09-20-2013, 02:56 PM
I bought 13, still not sure if I am going to get 2K14 or not... Probably Gamefly it and decide from there.

Robstar
09-20-2013, 04:32 PM
I think I'll skip it. Until they do something significant with it, I've pretty much lost interest.

Tommy Thunder
09-20-2013, 06:23 PM
I'm pretty much done with wrestling games. They don't really hold my interest any more. Last one I played was SvR 2010.

CGBigMan
09-20-2013, 07:17 PM
reckon ill wait till christmas for this, ill already have GTA V and FIFA as is

K2Jelly
09-22-2013, 03:18 PM
Looks like we're finally seeing the remaining roster tomorrow on Monday Night RAW.

Dameduse823
09-22-2013, 04:06 PM
Looks like we're finally seeing the remaining roster tomorrow on Monday Night RAW.

About damn time

CM Undertaker
09-23-2013, 09:46 PM
After looking at all the 30 years of Wrestlemania mode matches and the whole roster I've got some lil problems. 1. Trish Stratus isn't in it and Aksana is.
2. Roddy Piper and Goldusts match isn't in it and its considered one of the greatest matches of both of their careers. And I understand why the Mr. T match isn't in it and I'm guessing they don't think the Bret Hart match wasn't their best together, same with the Eddie Guerrero/Rey Mysterio match.
These are just travesties to me and i hope Piper, Goldust, and Trish Stratus are in the DLC. What do you guys think of this?
On a side note anyone else think Bruno Sammartino will be DLC, I just have this gut feeling he will be.

Nitro_99
09-23-2013, 10:20 PM
Look at the bright side! We get to play as Otunga!!! Wooooo....

StonEnigma
09-23-2013, 11:39 PM
Look at the bright side! We get to play as Otunga!!! Wooooo....

Oh and Khali woooooo

SESAfro
09-23-2013, 11:46 PM
I really hope I'm not the only one that read the title as "WWE 2K14 Transvestites." I'm a lost soul. I know.

My main gripe is the fact that there are so many people that get left out due to the amount of Legends and junk for the WrestleMania mode. I get it, there is a reason for them. I do want to play as the people I see every week and the ones I see twice a month on Superstars if I'm lucky. That's the biggest travesty. If that wasn't enough, they're is a severe lack of the Wyatts on the list.

evilash
09-24-2013, 12:59 AM
ALOT of people are pissed off that the current, modern day roster announcement was missing so many people, despite 2K staff claiming to have the "most up-to-date roster yet". Even early-released images of WWE2K14 showed fans in the crowd wearing t-shirts for Rowdy Roddy Piper and Rick Rude (supposedly).

I wouldn't worry, WWE game makers will do what they always do and basically steal our money for $99 a-DLC character.

Here is what I fully expect to be the DLC Roster:

Curtis Axel
Booker T
Mr. Perfect
Scott Hall (nWo)
Kevin Nash (nWo)
Rick Rude
Rowdy Roddy Piper
Fandango
Big E. Langston
The Usos
Alicia Fox
Trish Stratus
The Wyatt Family
Rob Van Dam
Brad Maddox

As for managers, many expected Paul Heyman and Zeb Colter to be announced, (and possibly Vickie Guerrero) but either have yet to be revealed. If not, us fans have been moaning the face off of WWE Game makers to include Heyman into this next WWE game, and I'm pretty sure we will get our wish.

Cabers
09-24-2013, 12:24 PM
I really hope I'm not the only one that read the title as "WWE 2K14 Transvestites." I'm a lost soul. I know.

My main gripe is the fact that there are so many people that get left out due to the amount of Legends and junk for the WrestleMania mode. I get it, there is a reason for them. I do want to play as the people I see every week and the ones I see twice a month on Superstars if I'm lucky. That's the biggest travesty. If that wasn't enough, they're is a severe lack of the Wyatts on the list.

Nope had to do a double take myself haha

I haven't bought a WWE game since 2006 and i won't be buying this one.

Asherdelampyr
09-24-2013, 12:26 PM
Thread merged, in the future, check the section

Krysys
09-30-2013, 03:42 PM
So, looks like we get the NXT Championship. Maybe we will get the Tag Titles and the Woman's Championship as well?

http://www.ringsidenews.com/file/pic/photo/2013/09/88b3eba01afeab10e63a5436ff4b733f_1024.jpg

Tommy Thunder
10-03-2013, 07:34 PM
I was browsing the roster, and all I can say is; what the hell have they done to poor Layla's face?!

K2Jelly
10-03-2013, 07:42 PM
So yeah, my expectations for WWE 2K14 continues to plummet. Semi-updated roster, terrible ring introductions, and the commentary in the "30 Years of WM"mode sounds uninspiring and dull. The only saving grace this game has is the way the gameplay has been revamped.

SESAfro
10-03-2013, 08:03 PM
So yeah, my expectations for WWE 2K14 continues to plummet. Semi-updated roster, terrible ring introductions, and the commentary in the "30 Years of WM"mode sounds uninspiring and dull. The only saving grace this game has is the way the gameplay has been revamped.

I hope you have siblings or family members that love wrestling games enough to pay for it. That's sure as hell what I'm banking on.

Dameduse823
10-03-2013, 09:26 PM
I hope you have siblings or family members that love wrestling games enough to pay for it. That's sure as hell what I'm banking on.

Through a combination of trade-ins and a gift cards I've already got mind paid in full. Admittedly the game doesn't look mind blowing but a few of the changes they've made to universe and some improved gameplay has me excited.

ice man
10-09-2013, 07:10 PM
Hi all I am thinking about getting the ps4 but really want to get wwe 2k14 I know its coming out the 2nd of November for ps3 and Xbox 360 I don't see the point in paying 60 for a game when ill be buying the new console when it comes out. I was wondering has anybody heard anything about it coming out for next gen consoles? thanks :)

THE HEARTBREAK KID
10-09-2013, 07:19 PM
I have not heard anything.. But! I would be shocked if it did not come out for the next Gen consoles.

So I'm assuming it will and like you, I am going to wait till the Xbox One comes out before buying 2K14 :)

Also I bought FIFA when it came out in Game because they had a deal where if you bought it for one of the current consoles, you would get £40 back if you traded it in to use towards the game when it comes out of the next Gen ones. Perhaps some places or Game will have a similar deal for the WWE Game. I know they are doing the same for BF & COD.

SESAfro
10-09-2013, 07:38 PM
It indeed is not coming out for next-gen consoles. You can wait for it. I'm pretty sure the jump from to next-gen will be drastic and we will all be happy campers.

ice man
10-09-2013, 07:44 PM
thanks very much :) I got fifa for ps3 its very bad its like they were just waiting for new gen consoles. wwe 2k14 and ufc are the 2 games I cant wait to play, I was hoping it be out when the consoles are released, but they could change the gameplay for the new console, it might be early next year thanks I might try and do that cause I really want to play as Goldberg and the shield

K2Jelly
10-10-2013, 03:12 PM
Has anyone noticed that for most of the entrances they're released, the finishers are done to members of 3MB?

Dameduse823
10-10-2013, 07:00 PM
Has anyone noticed that for most of the entrances they're released, the finishers are done to members of 3MB?

Yeah, and aside from seeing that all there of the 3MB members look great in the game, its getting really annoying.

Dameduse823
10-12-2013, 02:49 AM
Has anyone heard anything about DLC beyond Warrior and Undertaker?

K2Jelly
10-12-2013, 08:25 AM
Has anyone heard anything about DLC beyond Warrior and Undertaker?

This is based on pure speculation but WWE released a new trailer for WWE 2K14 yesterday. At one point, you'll see Ric Flair walking down the aisle with the WWF Chamionship and if you look closely, there's a man in a suit walking behind him. Since that Flair footage was from the 30 Years of WM Mode in the Flair/Savage match at Wrestlemania 8, that could mean that the person behind him is Mr. Perfect.

Robstar
10-12-2013, 08:24 PM
This is based on pure speculation but WWE released a new trailer for WWE 2K14 yesterday. At one point, you'll see Ric Flair walking down the aisle with the WWF Chamionship and if you look closely, there's a man in a suit walking behind him. Since that Flair footage was from the 30 Years of WM Mode in the Flair/Savage match at Wrestlemania 8, that could mean that the person behind him is Mr. Perfect.

Not Bobby Heenan then?

Dameduse823
10-12-2013, 09:35 PM
Not Bobby Heenan then?

Its impossible to tell, I looked at the trailer he was talking about and all you can see is a suit sleeve behind flair for about a second.

K2Jelly
10-18-2013, 09:02 AM
Its impossible to tell, I looked at the trailer he was talking about and all you can see is a suit sleeve behind flair for about a second.

Just as I thought. It's Mr. Perfect.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irOcVe4II34

Dameduse823
10-18-2013, 04:08 PM
Just as I thought. It's Mr. Perfect.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irOcVe4II34

So.... non-playable manager or dlc?

Shining Light
10-21-2013, 08:59 AM
http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=m-ch-fea&v=1-DJwgjlous

Preview of the DLC. Not going to lie, my excitement for this game is zilch. I'll probably buy it eventually but I won't be getting it on release date like the last 2 years. Can always pick them up for half price at Christmas.

SESAfro
10-21-2013, 12:02 PM
http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=m-ch-fea&v=1-DJwgjlous

Preview of the DLC. Not going to lie, my excitement for this game is zilch. I'll probably buy it eventually but I won't be getting it on release date like the last 2 years. Can always pick them up for half price at Christmas.
And to add to the fact that they were suppose to be originally in the game and being stamped as DLC grinds my gears. And add on top of that having the Black Widow as DLC when it was on disc last year... *stab Yukes and WWE 2K*

Shining Light
10-21-2013, 01:39 PM
And to add to the fact that they were suppose to be originally in the game and being stamped as DLC grinds my gears. And add on top of that having the Black Widow as DLC when it was on disc last year... *stab Yukes and WWE 2K*

I think Yukes and 2K have just said "Fuck it, we'll wait for next gen and WWE 2K15". Nearly every WWE game I've played since 2009 has been 1 step forward and 2 steps back.

SESAfro
10-22-2013, 02:53 PM
I think Yukes and 2K have just said "Fuck it, we'll wait for next gen and WWE 2K15". Nearly every WWE game I've played since 2009 has been 1 step forward and 2 steps back.
Well, 2K did get them (THQ) mid-development, so there isn't much that could do. That's the same thing I've been saying. If one of my brothers get it, I'll be playing it. If not? I'll be waiting. The start jump between what they could do with the next-gen consoles gets me giddy. With Yukes and 2K together, I see nothing but good things in the future.

...until we're proved wrong.

Asherdelampyr
10-22-2013, 02:54 PM
Well, 2K did get them (THQ) mid-development, so there isn't much that could do. That's the same thing I've been saying. If one of my brothers get it, I'll be playing it. If not? I'll be waiting. The start jump between what they could do with the next-gen consoles gets me giddy. With Yukes and 2K together, I see nothing but good things in the future.

...until we're proved wrong.

I'm treating it like I do most games.

Gamefly
if I like it, I'll buy it, if not, I'll send it back for a funner game

Shining Light
10-22-2013, 03:05 PM
I'm treating it like I do most games.

Gamefly
if I like it, I'll buy it, if not, I'll send it back for a funner game

All my WWE games have been bought between November and December and traded in between February and March. After completing the main game mode (E.G. RTWM, Attitude Era) I've seen no other point in which to keep it.

Universe mode is beyond me, creating stories takes forever and online is full of hackers. With that said, I have no idea as to why I insist I keep forking out £30/£40 each year only to trade it in and get £10/£15 in store credit.

K2Jelly
10-22-2013, 03:15 PM
I'm going to wait on this one, too. The DLC looks great and that's the part of the game that I'm the most excited for.

Asherdelampyr
10-22-2013, 03:17 PM
All my WWE games have been bought between November and December and traded in between February and March. After completing the main game mode (E.G. RTWM, Attitude Era) I've seen no other point in which to keep it.

Universe mode is beyond me, creating stories takes forever and online is full of hackers. With that said, I have no idea as to why I insist I keep forking out £30/£40 each year only to trade it in and get £10/£15 in store credit.

Do they have gamefly in the UK? Because if they do, you should go for it. I pay 16 bucks a month to rent games as long as I want them

Shining Light
10-22-2013, 03:22 PM
Do they have gamefly in the UK? Because if they do, you should go for it. I pay 16 bucks a month to rent games as long as I want them

Yeah we do, never really looked into it but I think I may start doing so. I used to rent games from Blockbuster but they went bust ages ago. Gamefly will save me a lot of money in the long run!

SESAfro
10-22-2013, 03:30 PM
Yeah we do, never really looked into it but I think I may start doing so. I used to rent games from Blockbuster but they went bust ages ago. Gamefly will save me a lot of money in the long run!
Oh Blockbuster. *nostalgias*

Asherdelampyr
10-22-2013, 03:36 PM

I did the trade-in dance for years, each time getting more and more pissed off at how quickly the market devalues the games I've only had for like 1 month. finally went with gamefly. over all it saves me a fair amount.

Shining Light
10-22-2013, 03:50 PM
I did the trade-in dance for years, each time getting more and more pissed off at how quickly the market devalues the games I've only had for like 1 month. finally went with gamefly. over all it saves me a fair amount.

Sounds like a decent shout! Thanks for the tip

pauadrian
10-22-2013, 08:48 PM
Mexico still has Blockbuster LOL

Asherdelampyr
10-22-2013, 09:05 PM
Mexico still has Blockbuster LOL

of course it does. Pretty soon y'all may even get Hollywood Video :P

THE HEARTBREAK KID
10-23-2013, 01:16 PM
I have to admit, I really like the look of the DLC.

Unless I miss seen it, looks like you can add attires, rather then change the colors.

Plus, full NWO in the game! Awesome.

That said, I'm not going to buy it first day like I normally would. Unless, I get to hyped with everyone talking about it, I will wait until Christmas.

pauadrian
10-23-2013, 01:26 PM
of course it does. Pretty soon y'all may even get Hollywood Video :P

Can't wait for that to happen..would be amazing stuff

Tomsta666
10-23-2013, 07:35 PM
I have to admit, I really like the look of the DLC.

Unless I miss seen it, looks like you can add attires, rather then change the colors.

Plus, full NWO in the game! Awesome.

That said, I'm not going to buy it first day like I normally would. Unless, I get to hyped with everyone talking about it, I will wait until Christmas.

Same here. I went out and bought WWE13 day one for the full £40, within two weeks and the run up to Christmas it was down to £20. Not making that mistake again :rolleyes:

THE HEARTBREAK KID
10-24-2013, 11:21 AM
Same here. I went out and bought WWE13 day one for the full £40, within two weeks and the run up to Christmas it was down to £20. Not making that mistake again :rolleyes:

Ha! I know that feel buddy.

browne81
10-28-2013, 12:12 PM
It comes out this tuesday and yes I am sure some of you might already have the game. However for online purposes no one will be able to use it with xbox live or the psn until the game is actually released. Who of you plan on getting the game and who of you already has the game. Are you part of a league or do you plan on joining one at some point?

I know that this thread if it gets any comments at all will get littered with people dissing this game and probably all the WWe games of the last 5 year or more. If we could keep that to a minimum I would greatly appreciate that.

Bodom
10-29-2013, 09:53 AM
Caught a peek at the achievements. So happy they didn't include any online achievements.

Asherdelampyr
10-29-2013, 10:12 AM
Caught a peek at the achievements. So happy they didn't include any online achievements.

A wild BODOM appeared!

seriously though, the novelty of online matches tends to wear out really quick, especially when the only people you can find to match with don't know anything but running moves, so I never did stick around long enough to get the online achievements in the others.

Bodom
10-29-2013, 10:18 AM
A wild BODOM appeared!

seriously though, the novelty of online matches tends to wear out really quick, especially when the only people you can find to match with don't know anything but running moves, so I never did stick around long enough to get the online achievements in the others.

I just hate online achievements.

Reserved a copy at Redbox so I'll be playing this when I get off work.

Asherdelampyr
10-29-2013, 10:21 AM
I just hate online achievements.

Reserved a copy at Redbox so I'll be playing this when I get off work.

I don't mind them as long as the online component is worth playing long enough to get them
Of course, you've seen my XBLA profile, and can probably tell I have no particular fetish for 100% achievements, so that may be why

K2Jelly
10-29-2013, 07:17 PM
Loving this game right now. Smooth gameplay, no more awkward dragging, different transitions....it's been getting better every year since WWE '12.

pauadrian
10-30-2013, 01:46 AM
Don't wanna burst your guy's bubble but there are loads of glitches from what I've seen...Most importantly this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=io1rP-zoQBM

Hopefully a day 1 patch fixes it

Dameduse823
10-30-2013, 10:15 PM
I'm having some trouble with top rope moves, it only seems to use teh second move, is there some trick I'm missing?

vinnienfg
11-01-2013, 08:29 AM
I brought this today and after playing through the Hulkamania chapter and a couple of single player matches. The AI is a definite improvement on previous years and the match flow seems a lot more realistic. I'm quite enjoying this game.

Bodom
11-01-2013, 09:24 AM
Enjoying the 30 Years of Wrestlemania mode.

The Orton-Cena-HHH triple threat match from Wrestlemania 24 is a bastard though.

merhardt03
11-01-2013, 09:35 AM
Who in the hell ever said "Damn I wish Virgil was in this game" Id like to punch their face in, female or male. Not really but still.

Bodom
11-01-2013, 06:21 PM
Enjoying the 30 Years of Wrestlemania mode.

The Orton-Cena-HHH triple threat match from Wrestlemania 24 is a bastard though.

In addition to this, I would just like to say that Cena vs Rock II can go fuck itself.

Bodom
11-01-2013, 07:00 PM
Fuck it. Gave up. The last historical objective is goddamn impossible.

Tomsta666
11-01-2013, 07:05 PM
Who in the hell ever said "Damn I wish Virgil was in this game" Id like to punch their face in, female or male. Not really but still.

http://kayfabecomedy.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/virgil-wrestling-superstar.jpg

Dameduse823
11-01-2013, 07:30 PM
Fuck it. Gave up. The last historical objective is goddamn impossible.

Just about, I had to do that damn match about 20 times and even the last one when I landed the aa I had to reverse teh rock bottom again and again

Steve Austin
11-02-2013, 04:47 AM
Enjoying this. Beat the Undertaker with Cena in streak mode. Took 3 AA's and a lot of chair shots.

Steve Austin
11-03-2013, 03:07 PM
This triple threat is impossible!

vinnienfg
11-05-2013, 12:44 PM
The very last objective in Cena vs. The Rock at WM29 is a bastard! it took me 7 attempts but I finally did it.

AWrestlingGod
11-07-2013, 10:31 PM
Finally got WWE 2k14 for the ps3 feel free to add me AweeYiss

merhardt03
11-10-2013, 05:20 PM
http://kayfabecomedy.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/virgil-wrestling-superstar.jpgLooks about right!

K2Jelly
11-11-2013, 05:02 PM
Took down 'Taker with Ric Flair in Defeat the Streak mode. Lasted 17 minutes, 32 seconds. It looked like a PPV quality match. 'Taker wound up giving me the Last Ride on the steel steps and I reversed a Tombstone in the final two minutes of the match.

Steve Austin
11-11-2013, 07:56 PM
He keeps putting me in the hells gate or giving me a chokeslam whenever I attempt a pin even if he doesn't have a finisher. It's ridiculous.
Or the lights go out and he destroys me, bloody annoying!

Dameduse823
11-11-2013, 08:15 PM
He keeps putting me in the hells gate or giving me a chokeslam whenever I attempt a pin even if he doesn't have a finisher. It's ridiculous.

Yeah they programed his ai in defeat the streak to have all of his tricks. The point is to survive through all of that before getting a pin on him

Bodom
11-11-2013, 09:50 PM

.........the lights go out?

TheJosephBanks
11-11-2013, 10:42 PM
I did enough of the 30 years of WM in the past two or so days to get enough of the old people for a 4th show. I named it Main Event, and it has folks like Diesel, and the other unlockables.

K2Jelly
11-11-2013, 10:44 PM
.........the lights go out?

That depends. If you do enough damaged to him, the lights might go out and he'll appear behind you with a Finisher stored up.

Bodom
11-11-2013, 11:02 PM
That depends. If you do enough damaged to him, the lights might go out and he'll appear behind you with a Finisher stored up.

WTF

So happy I never made it that far.I'd probably break my controller.

Dameduse823
11-11-2013, 11:09 PM
WTF

So happy I never made it that far.I'd probably break my controller.

Its part of what makes teh mode fun. He has three tricks, the lights go out twice and he's behind you once with a signature once with a finisher, then he can also snap you into the hells gate ifyou go for a pin.

SESAfro
11-12-2013, 12:05 AM
Its part of what makes teh mode fun. He has three tricks, the lights go out twice and he's behind you once with a signature once with a finisher, then he can also snap you into the hells gate ifyou go for a pin.

You forgot that he can also Chokeslam you if you go for the pin.

Steve Austin
11-13-2013, 11:21 AM
Just made NXT. :p Good way to spend a day.

K2Jelly
11-13-2013, 08:22 PM
Really love Catapult finishers. Good way to stop running grapple spammers in their tracks.

Steve Austin
11-14-2013, 04:43 PM
NWO DLC is fun. Gets boring after a while.

Weird thing, was playing as Punk and Bryan v Harper and Rowan in Exhibition mode.
Mid way through the lights go out and Taker gave me a Tombstone and then it seemed like he was directing traffic to the Wyatt members.
Very strange.

bearkg88
11-14-2013, 04:49 PM
NWO DLC is fun. Gets boring after a while.

Weird thing, was playing as Punk and Bryan v Harper and Rowan in Exhibition mode.
Mid way through the lights go out and Taker gave me a Tombstone and then it seemed like he was directing traffic to the Wyatt members.
Very strange.

Did you make the wyatt members?

Steve Austin
11-14-2013, 04:52 PM
Did you make the wyatt members?

Nah I haven't.

In Universe they are but in normal mode they aren't.
Thinking it has something to do with Taker and CM Punk at WM 29. Possible they are on the rivals bit for each other.

DannyBoy
11-28-2013, 06:31 AM
Is the game worth getting? i have got every game since the first on ps1 but im really thinking about missing this one out.

Steve Austin
11-28-2013, 07:06 AM
I like the game.

I completed the story mode in no time at all which is the thing that really annoys me about WWE games these days.
Universe mode can be fun, creating NXT, WCW or whatever is pretty enjoyable.

It really depends on whether you think it's worth keeping once the story is done, I buy it every year even when I say I won't.
If you got friends around your house often that like WWE it's pretty fun for exhibition.
Online is ok, I'm unbeaten. :p But it can be annoying with the running grapple moves.

If you're one for the story and nothing else renting may be an option, but I'd say creation wise it doesn't get better than this game which is why a lot of people buy it.

DannyBoy
11-28-2013, 07:58 AM
I like the game.

I completed the story mode in no time at all which is the thing that really annoys me about WWE games these days.
Universe mode can be fun, creating NXT, WCW or whatever is pretty enjoyable.

It really depends on whether you think it's worth keeping once the story is done, I buy it every year even when I say I won't.
If you got friends around your house often that like WWE it's pretty fun for exhibition.
Online is ok, I'm unbeaten. :p But it can be annoying with the running grapple moves.

If you're one for the story and nothing else renting may be an option, but I'd say creation wise it doesn't get better than this game which is why a lot of people buy it.

I dont really do the story i mean yeah i try it out obviously but im mainly in exhibition mode and just playing matches...the reason i thought about missing this one out is 1. it went through THQ starting it and going bankrupt and goin to 2k so i feel like it was rushed and 2. it looks alot like 13.

Steve Austin
11-28-2013, 05:10 PM
I dont really do the story i mean yeah i try it out obviously but im mainly in exibition mode and just playing matches...the reason i thought about missing this one out is 1. it went through THQ starting it and going bankrupt and goin to 2k so i feel like it was rushed and 2. it looks alot like 13.

Ah I see, maybe wait until it goes down a bit.

I think the gameplay is better than 13.

Dameduse823
11-28-2013, 05:50 PM
Is the game worth getting? i have got every game since the first on ps1 but im really thinking about missing this one out.

The gameplay is much smoother then last year aside from two or three movies I've used that glitch up. They haven't done anything with teh create a wrestler portion and thats annoying since its been 3 games since they changed or improved it. But its a fun game and universe is a bit better then last year with teh rivalry creator so its worth the money as far as I can see.

DannyBoy
11-28-2013, 07:03 PM
The gameplay is much smoother then last year aside from two or three movies I've used that glitch up. They haven't done anything with teh create a wrestler portion and thats annoying since its been 3 games since they changed or improved it. But its a fun game and universe is a bit better then last year with teh rivalry creator so its worth the money as far as I can see.

Ah ok thanks i might wait until it is cheaper.

bearkg88
11-29-2013, 12:36 PM
Picked up my copy last night at gamestop. They had it on sale for 40. Traded in Pokemon Y and got it for 20. I definitely know what I am doing this weekend when my fiance isn't playing Disney Infinity :D

Dameduse823
12-03-2013, 04:56 PM
Ah ok thanks i might wait until it is cheaper.

Allow me to correct myself. This game is worth getting at full price simply for the new moves pack they released today.

Dennis
12-03-2013, 05:17 PM
Plus now you get to beat up Fandango! :D

SESAfro
12-03-2013, 05:34 PM
Plus now you get to beat up Fandango! :D

Or destroy everyone with Big E.

THE HEARTBREAK KID
12-04-2013, 12:49 PM
Has anyone had any good/interesting feuds that have played out? I know this year, you can choose who you want to see feud, right? that should be cool. Most of the time, all the feuds they made sucked or made no sense.

Out of the last two games, I only ever had one that was decent and I thought made sense.

Steve Austin
12-04-2013, 02:41 PM
Yeah you can turn auto rivalry off and create your own long/short term ones.

I had a good Sandow (Face) V Del Rio one. Also a great Cena v Taker one leading to WM for WHC.

pauadrian
12-04-2013, 02:44 PM

I had a good Sandow (Face) V Del Rio one. Also a great Cena v Taker one leading to WM for WHC.

Wong thread Steve :rolleyes:

Steve Austin
12-04-2013, 02:49 PM
Wong thread Steve :rolleyes:

Fuck you Pau!

pauadrian
12-04-2013, 03:05 PM
Fuck you Pau!

So I don't get any love like Shin?

Steve Austin
12-04-2013, 03:09 PM
So I don't get any love like Shin?

No one gets love like Shin. He's my special guy! :o

Dennis
12-04-2013, 03:17 PM
There are too many bromances around here haha. :D

Steve Austin
12-04-2013, 03:25 PM
There are too many bromances around here haha. :D

Don't worry Dennis. You'll have that bond someday!

pauadrian
12-04-2013, 03:32 PM

Bro-Mans rules bruh

Shining Light
12-04-2013, 03:40 PM

Now what kind of vain person would I be if I didn't sig this ;)

Steve Austin
12-04-2013, 03:41 PM
Now what kind of vain person would I be if I didn't sig this ;)

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3

Dennis
12-04-2013, 03:45 PM
Niall and I are the biggest bromance on EWN! :p

Steve Austin
12-04-2013, 03:47 PM

:rolleyes:

Cute...

pauadrian
12-04-2013, 04:51 PM

PauGidRian are the greatest bromance...IE Alex Kidd and Johnny Hot :rolleyes:

Dennis
12-04-2013, 05:00 PM
PauGidRian are the greatest bromance...IE Alex Kidd and Johnny Hot :rolleyes:
Sorry nope. :p

Who is Giddy again? ;)

pauadrian
12-04-2013, 05:06 PM
Sorry nope. :p

Who is Giddy again? ;)

Not you.....

Dennis
12-04-2013, 05:09 PM
Not you.....
I am aware of this. :p

Side-note... The universe mode in this game is much improved.

Big E is dominate in this game too.

Steve Austin
12-04-2013, 05:15 PM
I am aware of this. :p

Side-note... The universe mode in this game is much improved.

Big E is dominate in this game too.

:rolleyes:

THE HEARTBREAK KID
12-04-2013, 05:27 PM

That's cool.

Sandow as face? Hmm, interesting.

Cena/Taker feud at Mania sounds awesome. Please tell me he(Cena) didn't win?

Steve Austin
12-04-2013, 05:29 PM
That's cool.

Sandow as face? Hmm, interesting.

Cena/Taker feud at Mania sounds awesome. Please tell me he(Cena) didn't win?

Yeah, I had Sandow as one of the top faces on Smackdown, going strong.

Haha nah Taker had it in the bag, next night on RAW Barrett cashed in mitb and lost.