PDA

View Full Version : Whats needed for TNAs ratings to improve?

westy
08-12-2010, 08:59 AM
I for one am a big fan of the likes of Hogan, Eric and Fliar comming to TNA. They are huge names and are great on screen. Hogan isn't wrestling which is good. Flair still is which is great, he can still perform and he is a big crowd fav. Eric and Hogan working as a authority figure makes TNA look much bigger now.

But somethings not working in the US to make that shift happen.

Over here in the UK. That shift has happened and now TNA have overtaken the WWE in the ratings.

So what needs to happen in the US for TNA to compete on a much larger scale with the WWE?

CDave3
08-12-2010, 09:23 AM
Nothing really, i like the way it had been going

westy
08-12-2010, 10:05 AM
I agree with you on this Dave. What they are doing each and every week is good enough. Hogan and Eric in is good for TNA. They are pushing the right people IMO. I would like to see Impact go on the road soon though. I know what they have at the Impact Zone is convenient for everyone but it can get a little boring, and I would love to see bigger crowds that I believe they could get if they went to bigger arenas.

bellywolves
08-12-2010, 10:08 AM
Nothing much is needed. I would go with moving out of the impact zone though, and stop giving the tickets away.

Mark D
08-12-2010, 10:11 AM
Well, they need to start by keeping angles longer. They seem to call it quits right when they start getting interesting. It also might not hurt to try and secure another TV slot to showcase more of their talent. I don't know if it would be financially possible, but 2 hours of TV time a week doesn't seem like enough time to showcase their entire roster. I realize these talents are used in other ways, but it might be better to give them more exposure. What I do like, though, is that TNA sees that some people don't like WWE's PG environment, so they take advantage of it by making their product more edgy.

wrestlingfan316
08-12-2010, 04:18 PM
Nothing much I think they are going in a good direction by promoting both the younger guys and the veterans doing this appeals to a wider audience(or it should in theory) Although they should drag their storylines out longer.

The Watcher
08-12-2010, 04:27 PM
I wrote a blog on this not long back. Check it out by Clicking Here (http://www.twfnews.com/news/headlines/281987061.shtml)

My main concern is with Hogan constantly getting airtime. There was no need for him to be in the ECW segment last week for example. Speaking for myself, I understand that Hogan has been around for years and is probably helping out with marketing and behind the scenes no end, but I don't want to see him cutting a 10 minute promo each week.

I think the knockouts division needs a kick in the ass with some decent run time to their matches, BUT the main thing for me is the almost complete loss of the X-Division... I understand the Doug Williams character is anti-X, but in order for that gimmick to work you need to show the audience what the X is actually about! Not only that, but for most of the people I know the X-Division is what attracted them to TNA in the first place!

westy
08-12-2010, 04:28 PM
I for one am for the older guys. The likes of Hogan, Nash, Sting, Jarret, Flair for me to see them still performing when I'm sure they don't really need to, I enjoy seeing them still. Of course they are by no means near their best, but with pro wrestling you can keep going if you are with a great company and you are used well. What Flair is doing is gold. Putting Lethal over and being a part of this stable is awsome.

EvolutionG
08-12-2010, 07:57 PM
Push the original TNA stars enough said

Patrick
08-14-2010, 01:07 PM
Do more impact tours in the UK, and televise the shit outta them. Because I heard that TNA sells out venues as large as WWE ones when they are in the UK. TNA needs to not rely on guys like Hardy and Abyss for ratings. Keeps guys like Anderson... Anderson in the spotlight alongside this new fourtion stable. GET RID OF RUSSO! Hire somebody else. Maybe a new writer who has not had his pro wrestling chance yet? Or make the Heyman investment. He could be as stale as Matt Morgans wrestling ability. IDK. Some little things, but for the most part TNA is doing good.

The Watcher
08-14-2010, 01:25 PM
TNA only sells out what they put on sale.

I've been to the MEN (Manchester Evening News arena) the last two years and will be going again in January. For every show they've only used about 1/2 of the available capacity, cordoning about 1/3 of the floorspace of behind a curtain and covering the top tier with tarpaulin.

klebyano
08-14-2010, 02:23 PM
Nothing, The TNA have all for me.

Simmonslili
08-14-2010, 02:44 PM
I agree. i think nothing needs to be done to improve ratings. The product is great as it is. I takes time to get those 3. ratings. people must understand this...as long as TNA is Mainstream and has over 1 million something veiwers every week. thats a plus within itself

Rangers_Chosen_Hun
08-14-2010, 05:33 PM
tna ratings are much higher than wwe' over here so they should do some tapings here they need to move out of the impact zone and need to get rid of russo and bring in heyman or sullivan

Mazza
08-14-2010, 09:28 PM
There's a few things for me! The main one is BE ORIGINAL! Stop trying to be WCW circa 1996, ECW circa 1998, or WWE circa mid 2000's! Bring back the 6 sides, focus on X division, and either fire, or at least use sparingly most of the old guys, Hogan, Eric, Flair, Jarrett, Sting and 3D. Focus on Joe, AJ, Wolfe, Pope, MCMG, Beer Money, Abyss, Lethal and knockouts who can wrestle!

Rainydayzz
08-15-2010, 01:27 AM
I'm missing an option, It's like AJ styles said in an interview, the move to monday was wrong, their place is on thursday but they need to go live. Everybody can find the results all over internet before the show starts and that's where they lose viewers. If they can go live every thursday it's a big step in the right direction and after that they could hit the road, but the most important thing right now is going live in my opinion.

crazyj11
08-15-2010, 11:54 AM
I would say that they need to do three of the things on that list. The is one is obvious, change the creative team. By that I don't mean fire Russo, because he came up with some of the greatest gimmicks of the attitude era such as Val Venis, Goldust, and The Godfather but I do think he shouldn't be head writer. I think they should bring in Paul Heyman for that job.
The next thing they need to do is move out of the Impact zone because it is just too small and is limiting the amount of ticket buys they get.
Then the final and most important thing they need to do hire more younger talent. Although it's nice to see people that we remember from the glory days of wrestling we still need fresh faces every now and then so when the older guys leave the younger wrestlers will have the experience and would have developed a character in the time the older guys were still there so they are ready to be pushed up to main event status as soon as the more experienced wrestlers leave.

SilverGhost
08-16-2010, 06:21 PM
Get rid of Vince Russo. Hire back Jim Cornette.

HHHBK
08-17-2010, 01:02 AM
stick with what got em famous, i was a huge fan of the x-division. i think they could drop some talent such as hogan, abyss, orlando jordan. A.j and joe shouldn't be set aside for Jeff Hardy and RVD i can't stand that the took the title from A.J and put it on RVD and look hes already taken time off!!!

daniel bryan mark
08-18-2010, 05:46 AM
2 things for me. They need to push the originals a little bit more. They need to be more original, too. ECW = WWE did it. Montreal Screwjob = WWE did it. Hogan = WWE did it.....again.....and again.....and again!

AGEOFFALL
08-18-2010, 11:47 PM
This is what tna needs -

-Hire some bigger names
-Fire Hogan and Eric
-Push the original TNA stars
-Go back to the 6 sided ring
-Take impact on the road
-Change creative team
-Change style
-Try to be more original
-Hire more younger talent

WFâ„¢ - Original Member!
08-19-2010, 07:33 PM
I think if they did a proper build up of Ken Anderson, a six month build up of him and his character until he finally wins the TNA World Title then that would be something that would get people switching on, Mr Anderson/Kennedy was always someone many many fans liked, he had a great fanbase for a heel without much experiance in the WWE, I wasn't much of a fan of his work after WM23 in the WWE, however since he moved to TNA he stepped up his game 100% and is far more watchable in the ring and to listen too.

Anyway, I feel a build up of Ken Anderson, similar to the way the WWF Did with Steve Austin in 1997 then it would help out the ratings, people would tune in, also, with it being his First World Title, it would also be something very fresh for TNA to sell to the fans, TNA fans would be hooked, I'm sure it would attract his WWE fans also who want to see him be the main man.

Have him fight tooth and nail to reach the top then that one last hurdle can just get bigger and bigger, watch as he does all he can yet somehow can't make that last reach, do this until the angle is at its hottest point then just when the fans are about to explode give them what they want

THEKEVINBRAND
08-23-2010, 11:20 PM
TNA needs to stop wasting money on big name talents and keep who they have. Xplosion should come to Spike Tv and be 2 hours on Saturday nights, there we can see more of the unused talents be showcased. And also we need more people from ROH to come to TNA like Roderick Strong had a dark match two weeks ago give him a contract, Rasche Brown quit ROH last night give him a chance. Start fishing in the ROH pond rather than the wwe pond.

jwt15
08-23-2010, 11:35 PM
I have a queston why do smarks bitch about the six sided ring it was a spot fest ring that took away from the wrestling more than it gave to the wrestling and it wasn't even that original as the Lucha scean has it and so does MMA. Trust me bring back the six sided ring will do NOTHING for ratings at all

westy
08-24-2010, 12:24 PM
What about a 3 sided ring?

jwt15
08-24-2010, 12:35 PM
Now that wolud be original ;)

SilverGhost
08-24-2010, 04:14 PM
Here is a great idea. Put RUSSO IN A MATCH AGAINST JOE!

WFâ„¢ - Original Member!
08-24-2010, 05:32 PM
I have a queston why do smarks bitch about the six sided ring it was a spot fest ring that took away from the wrestling more than it gave to the wrestling and it wasn't even that original as the Lucha scean has it and so does MMA. Trust me bring back the six sided ring will do NOTHING for ratings at all

I think the 6 sided ring was great in theory but it became a novelty rather quickly, the one thing that TNA for me have did well since Hogan came in was move to a four sided ring ASAP, I feel it gives them a more professional feel to it.

I could have understood the clamour to keep the 6 sided ring if they where using it to its potential but to be honest the 6 sided ring wasn't being used anywhere near its potential since about 2006, I'm glad its changed to a more standard ring and I just think it gives the whole landscape of the show a more professional feel.

AGEOFFALL
08-25-2010, 10:20 PM
The 6 sided ring worked best with the x-division.

WFâ„¢ - Original Member!
08-26-2010, 08:02 AM
Totally disagree, the 6 sided ring was great when it was initially brought into the company however for the last 3 years or so it was hardly used anywhere near its capacity, the four sided ring gives TNA a far more professional feel to it

The Watcher
08-27-2010, 07:59 AM
By "professional" I'm assuming you mean "WWE"?

The six-sided ring was an Identity- a characteristic that immediately told people they weren't watching WWE. It also seemed to add to the high paced unpredictability of the X-Division allowing people to fly in from all angles.

Bringing back the six-sided ring won't bring in ratings, but it will give them a marketable characteristic to differentiate them from WWE, which with the demise of the X-division is something they sorely lack.