PDA

View Full Version : Did The WWE Have A Right As to Insult Their Talent??

TheDevilsAdvocate
09-05-2010, 02:53 PM
I just watched a bit from last Fridays Smackdown! when Cody Rhodes was insulting Matt Hardy, and telling him that he is just a former shadow of himself. Matt Hardy also knows this along with the fans. I sort of felt bad for him too because he looked pissed off at the promo an you could see tears forming in his eyes(kind of) an then after that Matt was trying everything in his power to get back in shape despite his injuries an intestional problems. I know his pain. My uncle had the same issue an working out is slightly painful. You could work out for YEARS an your muscle mass wouldn't show but at the least you could be as strong as an ox. But seriously WWE... That wasn't cool at all. I don't care who dislikes Matt Hardy here I will always be his fan. I know everything he's going through including being the brother who is trapped under a shadow of somebody who is more successful. My older brother went on to be a Cop, while I barely suffer to get on with my life. I'm rooting for you Matthew!

Suck it John Laurenfatis.

SilverGhost
09-05-2010, 03:44 PM
Well....as Rene Dupree said in an interview in this site...."you sell your soul to the WWE"

That was insulting and it wasn't necessary. I know Matt has problems in the intestines. My mother has problems as well in the same area.

I guess WWE is sending a wake up call to Matt. A very insulting one.

Robstar
09-05-2010, 04:51 PM
Mickie James claimed to have no real say in the Piggy James angle and the same probably goes for Hardy. He's Smackdown's resident whipping boy but if you think about it, there's been others. Vickie Guerrero in that pig pen match? Chavo Guerrero and Hornswoggle? Not limited to superstars, they have used Michael Cole and Jonathan Coachman look stupid in the past too.
Yet what I have to remind myself now and again that this is just soap opera really - badly written and poorly acted sometimes. If they didn't notify Matt of the nature of the promo Cody was going to cut, then shame on WWE. If they notified Matt that Cody was going going to get on the mic at all, then he should have been prepared to take a few jibes, knowing the kind of character Rhodes is portraying. But from the reaction he's given, it's obviously something he's unhappy with so I think WWE need to be more upfront with their talent in this respect, give them a chance to sign off on it.
I hope it doesn't take something tragic to occur to make WWE sit up and take notice of the potential damage they're doing

SilverGhost
09-05-2010, 04:57 PM
The problem is that the WWE thinks that Matt is fat. That is not the case. Shame on WWE for allowing such an attitude.

TheDevilsAdvocate
09-05-2010, 06:20 PM
Mickie James claimed to have no real say in the Piggy James angle and the same probably goes for Hardy. He's Smackdown's resident whipping boy but if you think about it, there's been others. Vickie Guerrero in that pig pen match? Chavo Guerrero and Hornswoggle? Not limited to superstars, they have used Michael Cole and Jonathan Coachman look stupid in the past too.
Yet what I have to remind myself now and again that this is just soap opera really - badly written and poorly acted sometimes. If they didn't notify Matt of the nature of the promo Cody was going to cut, then shame on WWE. If they notified Matt that Cody was going going to get on the mic at all, then he should have been prepared to take a few jibes, knowing the kind of character Rhodes is portraying. But from the reaction he's given, it's obviously something he's unhappy with so I think WWE need to be more upfront with their talent in this respect, give them a chance to sign off on it.
I hope it doesn't take something tragic to occur to make WWE sit up and take notice of the potential damage they're doing

The superstar doesn't know EVERYTHING about the promos they get themselves into. Matt broke down half way through the promo, and had a bitch fit on Twitter about it after the show. But I'm proud of him for taking action an showing just how much he wants to be in the main event. Maybe they just told him what he needs to 'lose' in order to take that next step. I still think the way they sent that message was a bit harsh. And John Laurenaitus? is a hypocrite. He hates fat people yet he himself looks like a whale.

Belzova
09-05-2010, 09:12 PM
Suck it John Laurenfatis.

lmfao!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IPEEINTHESHOWER
09-05-2010, 10:09 PM
you all need to get a f'n life. its entertainment. REAL TALK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111

SilverGhost
09-05-2010, 10:12 PM
you all need to get a f'n life. its entertainment. REAL TALK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111

So if WWE paid me to really insult you and embarrass you unprofessionally, you wont bitch in twitter?

eyehatecena
09-05-2010, 10:23 PM
Those in charge of writting the promos could not give a shit about some of the talent(especially if they are in the dog house).

SilverGhost
09-05-2010, 10:27 PM
Hardy explained why he has his issue. It isn't fat, its his intestines. If I were WWE, I would give him time off for him to fully heal.

eyehatecena
09-05-2010, 10:42 PM
They only do that for their big superstars- Cena, Orton, HHH, Undertaker, Edge, Mysterio..... To the lesser talent(in WWEs eyes) they have to work through their pain/problems...etc.

AGEOFFALL
09-05-2010, 10:44 PM
I don't think they should unless they get it approved by the superstars.

SilverGhost
09-05-2010, 10:50 PM
I don't think they should unless they get it approved by the superstars.

Yes on this.

If the guys want to attack each other verbally, the personal issues shouldn't be mentioned unless it is from a storyline.

eyehatecena
09-05-2010, 10:58 PM
I can not imagine how Matt agreed to the storyline dealing with Edge/Amy(Lita) a few years ago....only thing I can think of was money.

SilverGhost
09-05-2010, 11:06 PM
I can not imagine how Matt agreed to the storyline dealing with Edge/Amy(Lita) a few years ago....only thing I can think of was money.

He had to be professional about it. So did Edge and Lita. Also he had to move on.

eyehatecena
09-05-2010, 11:19 PM
Glad they all moved on, but still sucks WWE had to use their real life dealings for a storyline instead of coming up with some different

SilverGhost
09-05-2010, 11:22 PM
Glad they all moved on, but still sucks WWE had to use their real life dealings for a storyline instead of coming up with some different

They all agreed on it. I guess...but it did bring up a good rivalry between Edge and Matt.

eyehatecena
09-05-2010, 11:32 PM
True. If it were me though- I would not have agreed, of course then I would be out of a job, lol.
But real life friction does make for good tv- Shawn and Bret hated each other- yet worked great together in the ring, and their promos againts each other seemed more sincere/real(even if someone else wrote their stuff)

SilverGhost
09-05-2010, 11:40 PM
True. If it were me though- I would not have agreed, of course then I would be out of a job, lol.
But real life friction does make for good tv- Shawn and Bret hated each other- yet worked great together in the ring, and their promos againts each other seemed more sincere/real(even if someone else wrote their stuff)

Maturity and Professionalism really played a part.

Robstar
09-06-2010, 01:02 AM
The answer to the time off issue could be like Rey's contract - whatever time he misses due to injury is added onto the contract when he returns. I assume others would be structured similarly but that's just a guess. My opinion is that Matt could do with some time away then be bought back fresh, maybe as a heel with a stable

SilverGhost
09-06-2010, 01:06 AM
The answer to the time off issue could be like Rey's contract - whatever time he misses due to injury is added onto the contract when he returns. I assume others would be structured similarly but that's just a guess. My opinion is that Matt could do with some time away then be bought back fresh, maybe as a heel with a stable

I like the last part. Matt deserves way better in the WWE. I don't care if he is face, heel, or tweener I want the man to wrestle and make it the best match he can pull off, not jobbing or being in a crappy storyline.

AGEOFFALL
09-06-2010, 01:41 AM
Matt as a heel would work. They tried it before last year and seemed to be going good and then he got drafted to Raw.

TheDevilsAdvocate
09-06-2010, 03:52 AM
Matt as a heel would work. They tried it before last year and seemed to be going good and then he got drafted to Raw.

Matt Hardy is a really, really good heel. Take a look at his v-1 days.

Robstar
09-06-2010, 04:34 AM
The only problem they had with Matt as a heel is they put him against his brother, while Jeff was starting to get the big push. I think he'd be a very effective heel - seems to me like they always get better on the mic if given a heel turn

DarkSide
09-06-2010, 04:55 AM
Is this not the Year of Hardy? Or was it '09, '08, etc.

At the end of the day, WWE likes to think they are a modern company listed on the Stock Exchange, but they still play by their old "carny" rules when their true nature comes out.

shanethewolf
09-06-2010, 11:08 AM
Matt Hardy is a really, really good heel. Take a look at his v-1 days.

He WAS a really good heel. There's truth to what Cody Rhodes said though. Matt isn't what he used to be.

SilverGhost
09-06-2010, 11:27 AM
He WAS a really good heel. There's truth to what Cody Rhodes said though. Matt isn't what he used to be.

Thats because WWE isn't using Matt right.

DR.X313
09-06-2010, 02:31 PM
I just watched a bit from last Fridays Smackdown! when Cody Rhodes was insulting Matt Hardy, and telling him that he is just a former shadow of himself. Matt Hardy also knows this along with the fans. I sort of felt bad for him too because he looked pissed off at the promo an you could see tears forming in his eyes(kind of) an then after that Matt was trying everything in his power to get back in shape despite his injuries an intestional problems. I know his pain. My uncle had the same issue an working out is slightly painful. You could work out for YEARS an your muscle mass wouldn't show but at the least you could be as strong as an ox. But seriously WWE... That wasn't cool at all. I don't care who dislikes Matt Hardy here I will always be his fan. I know everything he's going through including being the brother who is trapped under a shadow of somebody who is more successful. My older brother went on to be a Cop, while I barely suffer to get on with my life. I'm rooting for you Matthew!

Suck it John Laurenfatis. the problem is not matt its the fact that sorry ass cody rhodes is putting him down in a very bad promo. wwe has been kicking matt hardey for years. jeff gets pushed to the top and matt gets a concushion from drew mac, or he gets the ic belt until they decide who there going to push. threw all that matt is still one of the best talents on sd and his matches are usally good no matter who they put him up aginst

SilverGhost
09-06-2010, 03:08 PM
The fans know that Matt has worked hard to even be in WWE but that form of disrespect will make Matt think twice of the WWE and may leave. I want the WWE to give Matt a chance to shine and get a title. If not, he may get a chance from ROH or TNA.

Belzova
09-06-2010, 03:33 PM
Is this not the Year of Hardy? Or was it '09, '08, etc.

At the end of the day, WWE likes to think they are a modern company listed on the Stock Exchange, but they still play by their old "carny" rules when their true nature comes out.

(: I agree!! An the year of Matt Hardy actually happened in 2003-2005. After that it was just mostly empty promises.

AGEOFFALL
09-06-2010, 06:27 PM
It sucks that Hardy isn't going to go to the top anytime soon.

TheDevilsAdvocate
09-06-2010, 06:40 PM
He'll get there one way or another. Matt has the fans, and has revolutionized some of THE most greatest matches to date.

Maybe in WWE. Maybe in TNA. I know Hardy wouldn't turn to the indys because he loves being on TV too much(according to a comment he gave me on Twitter.)

AGEOFFALL
09-06-2010, 06:42 PM
He'll get there one way or another. Matt has the fans, and has revolutionized some of THE most greatest matches to date.

Maybe in WWE. Maybe in TNA. I know Hardy wouldn't turn to the indys because he loves being on TV too much(according to a comment he gave me on Twitter.)

Not if wwe wants to push the younger stars.

TheDevilsAdvocate
09-06-2010, 06:48 PM
Not if wwe wants to push the younger stars.

Yeah.. That's the part I think sucks. But despite them wanting to push younger stars they should add Matt Hardy & Christian to the mix. THEY know we want to see them, and they realize their popularity. So eventually we might see one of those two get what they deserve. As for Matt Hardy I believe after her works off his 'spare tire' then the WWE will start using him right again. If not, then I will be heavily dissapointed with them for hurting Hardy like that.

AGEOFFALL
09-06-2010, 06:49 PM
Yeah.. That's the part I think sucks. But despite them wanting to push younger stars they should add Matt Hardy & Christian to the mix. THEY know we want to see them, and they realize their popularity. So eventually we might see one of those two get what they deserve. As for Matt Hardy I believe after her works off his 'spare tire' then the WWE will start using him right again. If not, then I will be heavily dissapointed with them for hurting Hardy like that.

I think Matt & Christian are destined to be gatekeepers between the midcard and main event.

TheDevilsAdvocate
09-06-2010, 06:53 PM
I think Matt & Christian are destined to be gatekeepers between the midcard and main event.

It seems that way. But WWE would be dumb to underlook guys that are getting louder reactions from the crowd than Randy & Edge are getting. Because if I were the WWE I'd captalize? on that an make them bigger so that their merchandise would sell. I went to a WWE house show not too long ago an their was a stand to buy stuff. Guess What? All of christians stuff was sold out while the other guys looked like they barely sold a thing.

AGEOFFALL
09-06-2010, 07:13 PM
It seems that way. But WWE would be dumb to underlook guys that are getting louder reactions from the crowd than Randy & Edge are getting. Because if I were the WWE I'd captalize? on that an make them bigger so that their merchandise would sell. I went to a WWE house show not too long ago an their was a stand to buy stuff. Guess What? All of christians stuff was sold out while the other guys looked like they barely sold a thing.

That's hilarious.

SilverGhost
09-06-2010, 09:58 PM

That is funny! Should have taken a pic of that and posted it up!

TheDevilsAdvocate
09-06-2010, 10:24 PM
That is funny! Should have taken a pic of that and posted it up!

I know I should have but I didn't really think much about it at the time.

AGEOFFALL
09-06-2010, 10:29 PM
You know what really shocked me. The night Christian returned to WWECW. He got a big pop considering he had been gone for more than 3 years.

Belzova
09-06-2010, 10:33 PM
Didnt Cpt. Charisma jump to TNA immediately after?

AGEOFFALL
09-06-2010, 10:36 PM
Didnt Cpt. Charisma jump to TNA immediately after?

He left WWE in 2005 within the month jumped ships to TNA. Won a few world titles. Left TNA in late 2008. Returned to WWE in it's ECW brand in Feb. 2009.

SilverGhost
09-06-2010, 11:04 PM
You know what really shocked me. The night Christian returned to WWECW. He got a big pop considering he had been gone for more than 3 years.

The real wrestling fans did follow him. The guy is great and entertaining. He shined in TNA. I was very excited when he showed up at ECW and challenged Swagger for the ECW Championship. I thought to myself that WWE is making him great from the start. Its not the case now...

AGEOFFALL
09-06-2010, 11:06 PM
The real wrestling fans did follow him. The guy is great and entertaining. He shined in TNA. I was very excited when he showed up at ECW and challenged Swagger for the ECW Championship. I thought to myself that WWE is making him great from the start. Its not the case now...

That championship match should have been saved for wrestlemania though.

SilverGhost
09-06-2010, 11:21 PM
That championship match should have been saved for wrestlemania though.

It would fit! Just the timeline didn't allow it....

AGEOFFALL
09-06-2010, 11:53 PM
It would fit! Just the timeline didn't allow it....

They could have a title match on ecw in early march and the rematch for mania.

SilverGhost
09-07-2010, 12:39 AM
Christian will grow so again I am not worried. Just give him titles.

Back to Matt Hardy...I am going to be calm in this part....WWE GIVE THE MAN A BREAK ALREADY! HE HAS BEEN IN THE COMPANY FOR A LONG TIME AND DESERVES RESPECT! HE IS NOT FAT!!! ALSO GIVE HIM TITLE RUNS!!!!

AGEOFFALL
09-07-2010, 02:38 AM
The worse case of wwe insulting talent was in 2006 when they overused Eddie Guerrero's name alot.

SilverGhost
09-07-2010, 11:29 AM
The worse case of wwe insulting talent was in 2006 when they overused Eddie Guerrero's name alot.

Really? I never noticed....you have an example?

AGEOFFALL
09-07-2010, 06:21 PM
Really? I never noticed....you have an example?

Yeah right after Rey Mysterio won the Royal Rumble he came to the ring to cut a promo and was interrupted by Randy Orton. Rey was thanking Eddie for watching him up in heaven and helping him win. Randy just came out and started insulting Eddie & Rey. Keep in mind this was after Eddie's death.

Here's the link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCthi5ZYPU0

7:30 is the worst insult.

SilverGhost
09-07-2010, 06:52 PM
Yeah right after Rey Mysterio won the Royal Rumble he came to the ring to cut a promo and was interrupted by Randy Orton. Rey was thanking Eddie for watching him up in heaven and helping him win. Randy just came out and started insulting Eddie & Rey. Keep in mind this was after Eddie's death.

Here's the link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCthi5ZYPU0

7:30 is the worst insult.

Oh that moment. I didn't enjoy that at all.

AGEOFFALL
09-07-2010, 08:00 PM
Oh that moment. I didn't enjoy that at all.

Yeah that was pretty much the worst one of them all. And for the rest of 2006 nearly anyone who was in feud against Rey, insulted Eddie.

SilverGhost
09-07-2010, 09:06 PM
Yeah WWE really "respects" the dead. That is something that shouldn't even be mentioned.

AGEOFFALL
09-07-2010, 11:02 PM
Yeah WWE really "respects" the dead. That is something that shouldn't even be mentioned.

Really hasn't been a problem since then.

SilverGhost
09-07-2010, 11:50 PM
WWE can really go over and insult their workers and former workers for profit but then again its a major business.

TheDevilsAdvocate
09-08-2010, 02:08 PM
Harsh. . .

The WWE has little to no respect for their talent at all. I think even JBL was insulted shortly after he ended his successful WWE career by a mid carder.

Robstar
09-08-2010, 02:56 PM
Harsh. . .

The WWE has little to no respect for their talent at all. I think even JBL was insulted shortly after he ended his successful WWE career by a mid carder.

Funny you should mention JBL as Christian took a little jab at him last week. Look how quickly WWE has turned on Luna and Neidhart - hell the whole alumni section is like bloody musical chairs!

TheDevilsAdvocate
09-08-2010, 06:15 PM
Funny you should mention JBL as Christian took a little jab at him last week. Look how quickly WWE has turned on Luna and Neidhart - hell the whole alumni section is like bloody musical chairs!

I wouldn't really call that an insult. He pretty much insulted Del Rio though by calling Juan Bradshaw Layfield which in the process made Del Rio look like a second rate rip off of the great JBL.

eyehatecena
09-08-2010, 09:42 PM
They have pretty much insulted all their Mexican and Japanese. Remember the Mexicools- all great wrestlers- stuck with a stupid gimmick riding to the ring on Juan Deers. Remember Jimmy Wang- turned him into a redneck japanese cowboy.

TheDevilsAdvocate
09-08-2010, 10:11 PM
The Mexicools was a very cool Tag Team an also a amazing set of highflyers. They could have been great in the WWE these days but its unfortunate that they were let go. Wang was also a good highflyer but the WWE made a big joke out of him, and that Redneck gimmick was hard to stomach. I know if I was given the chance to take over Creative writing & booking I'd fire everybody an then search for those who actually care about all of the talent equally, because my 10 year old cousin came up with better storylines when I made him practice his hand writing by releasing his imagination on paper.

SilverGhost
09-08-2010, 10:17 PM
WWE creative team is really uncreative and insulting when the moment comes up.....they should get new creative members with GREAT ideas.

TheDevilsAdvocate
09-09-2010, 01:55 AM
WWE creative team is really uncreative and insulting when the moment comes up.....they should get new creative members with GREAT ideas.

Something we can both agree on. I'd literally rip my own arm off to see the day that creative actually comes up with genius ideas. But I have a feeling they'll continue this Hardy > Rhodes thing this coming Friday.

NightWolf
09-09-2010, 02:00 AM
Something we can both agree on. I'd literally rip my own arm off to see the day that creative actually comes up with genius ideas. But I have a feeling they'll continue this Hardy > Rhodes thing this coming Friday.

Lol~

It is bound to happen my friend.

TheDevilsAdvocate
09-09-2010, 03:23 AM
Lol~

It is bound to happen my friend.

I just hope this feud (if there even is one or going TO be one) that they don't make it onesided an have Matt Hardy lose a dozen matches.

AGEOFFALL
09-09-2010, 03:44 PM
I just hope this feud (if there even is one or going TO be one) that they don't make it onesided an have Matt Hardy lose a dozen matches.

That'll probably be what ends up happening.

SilverGhost
09-11-2010, 11:51 AM
Matt should be in the IC title picture....

WWE should give him that.

AGEOFFALL
09-12-2010, 12:22 AM
Matt should be in the IC title picture....

WWE should give him that.

would help ziggler to, fighting someone other than kofi.

SilverGhost
09-12-2010, 06:59 AM
would help ziggler to, fighting someone other than kofi.

Get Hardy, Kofi, Ziggler,McIntyre, Christian and (for the lolz) Del Rio in a 6 man ladder match for the IC title!

djsoulslayer
09-12-2010, 05:49 PM
The WWE has been the biggest dog in the yard for a while now and when you run the yard, you can do or say what you want to who you want when you want. Only until another dog presents a challenge will the WWE become more mindful of just how they treat others.

AGEOFFALL
09-12-2010, 07:32 PM
The WWE has been the biggest dog in the yard for a while now and when you run the yard, you can do or say what you want to who you want when you want. Only until another dog presents a challenge will the WWE become more mindful of just how they treat others.

which doesn't look to be anytime soon.

WilliamJames
09-21-2010, 06:19 AM
When I was a younger adult I found Matt Hardy to be a very enjoyable on-screen human being to watch in the ring. Now all he does is whine about everything on his Twitter account. My future this- This is the year of Matt Hardy that- If he was serious about making this his year then he should have forced his body to go that extra long mile to ensure that he can still perform well for the thousands in attendance. Instead he allowed himself to develop a belly that could rival that of the pregnant mans belly, and then gave up on giving us a 100% performance. Now all you get is slow movements, a side effect, and then he gets brutalized an then pinned.

I wanted Matt Hardy to become a success almost as much as the next guy would have. It is just slowly over time I grew to view him as a complainer more than a demander. Vince Mcmahon practically said in an interview that he prefers the guys who are willing to step over others an demand what they want to happen to the direction of their careers. I understand that he may be suffering from depression. I know how that effects your way of thinking. So, honestly, if Matt Hardy leaves WWE for TNA then he would have that shot at being treated with respect. Only problem though would be that he would have to adjust to not getting those big behind checks the wwe was giving him.

IrkenInvader
11-15-2011, 02:28 PM
http://thumbs.newschoolers.com/index.php?src=http://images.starcraftmazter.net/4chan/for_forums/bump2.jpg&size=400x1000

Rich Cranium
11-15-2011, 02:47 PM
http://thumbs.newschoolers.com/index.php?src=http://images.starcraftmazter.net/4chan/for_forums/bump2.jpg&size=400x1000

Man Irk, I started reading the original post without looking at the date and I was thinking, "WTF, Matt Hardy was on Smackdown?" You got me bud. :)

Y2Jryder
11-15-2011, 04:19 PM
Man Irk, I started reading the original post without looking at the date and I was thinking, "WTF, Matt Hardy was on Smackdown?" You got me bud. :)

lol me 2^^