PDA

View Full Version : UFC vs Pro Wrestling

Dameduse823
12-14-2010, 03:17 PM
Not sure where this should go so if I'm wrong then move it where ever it should be.

I've been thinking a lot about this lately and some recent comments by Frank Shamrock got me wondering what everyone else thinks about which is more physically demanding, UFC or Pro Wrestling?

Now there are a lot of people who say ufc because its "Real" but in ufc your getting your ass kicked but your on the ground, the biggest fall you can take is from your feet to your head while in pro wrestling your already about five feet off the floor while on the apron and nearly ten feet on the top turnbuckle so the falls are much harder.

In pro wrestling the matches are talked out and preplanned so you more or less know whats coming and can prepare for it while in UFC the only thing you know is that your gonna be fighting your ass off so the risk of injury seems greater.

But the biggest problem with wrestling is the travel schedule, the wwe travel schedule is brutal and seems to be the biggest factor in a lot of wrestlers minds about whether to leave or continue on. While in UFC they have month between fights to heal up, train and rest before getting back in the ring.

Kashdinero
12-14-2010, 03:29 PM
Apart from the way they are promoted the UFC and WWE are night and day. UFC is more similar to how ROH used to be with their monthly shows. They used to go extremely hard in the ring, in a way that the WWE would never allow their performers to do due to the hectic schedule. The more rest a wrestler gets in between matches allows them to heal a bit more.
With the UFC it all depends on how much of a beating they took before they can fight again (Look at Brock!)

BTW I think the Shamrock comments were made by Frank and not Ken ; )

Rich Cranium
12-14-2010, 04:39 PM
I've been making this point on many posts where the topic is about the latest MMA fighter looking to embark on a WWE career. These MMA guys fight maybe 2 to 3 times a year, if that. They get all the time they need to fully recuperate prior to their next fight. WWE guys take massive bumps over and over with little time to heal and this is the reason you see guys like Mysterio getting injured more and more due to the fact that years of this abuse has totally taken over their bodies.

Splattered-Dreams
12-15-2010, 12:16 PM
Hmm, the difference to me is the fans - I've watched a UFC show with so-called UFC diehards, and by the first match they're already bored and talking amonst themselves. UFC just isn't that entertaining :\ watching a WWE show with wrestling diehards because, while there's lively discussion, the most important thing is what's going on on the TV screen - whereas a UFC fan would be hard pressed to watch the whole show without getting a bit bored. Just my opinion.

Robstar
12-15-2010, 04:03 PM
Apart from the way they are promoted the UFC and WWE are night and day. UFC is more similar to how ROH used to be with their monthly shows. They used to go extremely hard in the ring, in a way that the WWE would never allow their performers to do due to the hectic schedule. The more rest a wrestler gets in between matches allows them to heal a bit more.
With the UFC it all depends on how much of a beating they took before they can fight again (Look at Brock!)

BTW I think the Shamrock comments were made by Frank and not Ken ; )

Lol he said Frank

Bodom
12-15-2010, 04:06 PM
Lol he said Frank

Not until Kash corrected him lol

Kashdinero
12-15-2010, 04:30 PM
Not until Kash corrected him lol

Well spotted my man...

Robstar
12-15-2010, 05:04 PM
Oh yeah so he did (bump)

Bodom
12-15-2010, 05:07 PM
bumping a half hour old thread. rofls

Rich Cranium
12-15-2010, 05:57 PM
You know, I dropped something on the floor and then BUMPED my head on the table!