PDA

View Full Version : TNA vs NJPW!

Bodom
12-14-2010, 12:20 PM
On January 4, New Japan Pro Wrestling will present the annual "Wrestle Kingdom" event, their biggest show of the year held at the world famous Tokyo Dome.

TNA Wrestling and New Japan are happy to announce that superstars from both organizations will once again face off in battle at the event. The TNA vs. New Japan international bouts have been a part of Wrestle Kingdom since 2008.

The footage from past events has been released at ShopTNA.com as part of the "Global iMPACT!" DVD series, and is also available for viewing at TNAONDEMAND.COM

This year for the first time ever at Wrestle Kingdom, the TNA World Heavyweight Championship will be on the line as Jeff Hardy will defend the title! The bouts featuring Hardy as well as Rob Van Dam and Beer Money are listed below! Beer Money also has a chance to become IWGP Tag Team Champions!

TNAwrestling.com will have updates on the event as it draws closer. For more information, visit New Japan's website at www.njpw.co.jp

Featured TNA Wrestling vs. New Japan Pro Wrestling matches at the January 4 "Wrestle Kingdom" Tokyo Dome event:

TNA World Heavyweight Championship Match
Jeff Hardy defends vs. Tetsuya Naito of No Limit

Rob Van Dam vs. Toru Yano

Can't wait for this. Always been a big fan of their "Global Impact" and any cross promotion that TNA has done with Japan.

IWGP World Tag Team Championship Match
Giant Bernard and Karl Anderson vs. Beer Money vs. Manabu Nakanishi & Strong Man

holy shit holy shit holy shit holy shit holy shit holy shit holy shit holy shit holy shit holy shit holy shit holy shit holy shit holy shit holy shit holy shit holy shit holy shit holy shit holy shit holy shit holy shit holy shit holy shit holy shit holy shit holy shit holy shit holy shit holy shit holy shit holy shit holy shit holy shit holy shit holy shit

SilverGhost
12-14-2010, 12:22 PM
LOL just when I made my TNA vs NJPW xD

This is great!

Just add MCMG in that world championship tag team match to make it GOLDEN AS HELL!!!

Bodom
12-14-2010, 12:28 PM
Eh it's good the way it is, plus they're already the TNA tag champs.

SilverGhost
12-14-2010, 12:32 PM
True.

This event is really good. Just what we talked about at my TNA vs NJPW thread. It would be fun to watch.

To watch it is my question.

Bodom
12-14-2010, 12:33 PM
Iv been wanting to see Bad Intentions vs Beer Money for f'n forever.

So stoked for this.

SilverGhost
12-14-2010, 12:38 PM
Bad Intentions is Bernard and Karl right?

Bodom
12-14-2010, 12:42 PM
That is correct.

Hands down, one of the best tag teams in the world today that doesn't compete in America.

SilverGhost
12-14-2010, 12:44 PM
I would think competing in TNA is out of the question for them since they are on top of the world.

Now watching them against Beer Money would be a thing to remember!

Kashdinero
12-14-2010, 03:03 PM
Beer money recently beat Bad Intentions in a non-title match so I was expecting a title shot!!! This is gonna rule..... All talent no swerve's. YES!

SilverGhost
12-14-2010, 03:21 PM
A good decision FINALLY on TNA's part.

TNA vs NJPW will be sick!

Kashdinero
12-14-2010, 04:27 PM
A good decision FINALLY on TNA's part.

TNA vs NJPW will be sick!

If it's anything like the past Wrestle kingdom's then it will indeed be sick!!!!!

Rich Cranium
12-14-2010, 04:34 PM
Giant Bernard is Prince Albert right?

Bodom
12-14-2010, 04:35 PM
Giant Bernard is Prince Albert right?

Yepp. That he is.

North Vegas Benny
12-14-2010, 05:28 PM
About the previous statement that The Guns should not be in the tag match because they have the tag titles, Team 3D had both titles at the same time just a couple years ago.

SilverGhost
12-14-2010, 05:33 PM
About the previous statement that The Guns should not be in the tag match because they have the tag titles, Team 3D had both titles at the same time just a couple years ago.

It would boost The Guns status alot of they held both IWGP? and TNA Tag titles.

The Brown One
12-14-2010, 11:05 PM
It would boost The Guns status alot of they held both IWGP? and TNA Tag titles.

It's not like they need titles to be over. But this I'd like to see

SilverGhost
12-14-2010, 11:11 PM
It's not like they need titles to be over. But this I'd like to see

Later on....I would like to see MCMG to hold both IWGP and TNA titles.....like Team 3D.

The Brown One
12-14-2010, 11:39 PM
Later on....I would like to see MCMG to hold both IWGP and TNA titles.....like Team 3D.

They would look awfully small with both belts. But would still look better and obviously be more talented than Tyson Kidd :D

SilverGhost
12-14-2010, 11:45 PM
They would look awfully small with both belts. But would still look better and obviously be more talented than Tyson Kidd :D

Lol who cares.....that gold and silver pair of belts would look good on MCMG xD

BUT since Beer Money has the IWGP tag team match, I would expect a great match from the three teams.

I love it when two wrestling companies give the go ahead to let their wrestlers handle their stuff together.

The Brown One
12-15-2010, 02:00 AM
Lol who cares.....that gold and silver pair of belts would look good on MCMG xD

BUT since Beer Money has the IWGP tag team match, I would expect a great match from the three teams.

I love it when two wrestling companies give the go ahead to let their wrestlers handle their stuff together.

Yeah you don't see it much these days do you? It lets the dream"wrestler from company A vs wrestler from company B" of fans come true.

SilverGhost
12-15-2010, 02:08 AM
Yeah you don't see it much these days do you? It lets the dream"wrestler from company A vs wrestler from company B" of fans come true.

No not really. Youtube does wonders though xD

But I am highly for the talents from different companies to wrestle each other. It does elevate business. If Beer Money wins the IWGP tag titles and feud with MCMG for a title unification match.....I know its been done before but these guys would make it so much better.

Kashdinero
12-15-2010, 02:40 AM
MCMG Vs IWGP Jr Heavyweight tag team champions Kenny Omega and Kota Ibushi would be.. would be.. um uh... Oh yeah FIVE FUCKING STARS***** (Thanks Bodom)

On a side note NJPW would never put its Heavyweight tag title's on a team as small as MCMG no matter how talented they are. Weight classes are actually treated with respect in Japan. Imagine that.

Kashdinero
12-15-2010, 02:52 AM
This is Kenny Omega & Kota Ibushi winning the Jr Hvy tag title's from Prince Devitt & Ryusuke Taguchi

AWESOME MATCH

part 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GACdpdBJtDU
part 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6BkeWkFULc&feature=related

On a funny side note the Irish born Prince Devitt's first name is Fergal but the Japanese found it too hard to pronounce so they changed it to prince lol.

The Brown One
12-15-2010, 03:51 AM
No not really. Youtube does wonders though xD

But I am highly for the talents from different companies to wrestle each other. It does elevate business. If Beer Money wins the IWGP tag titles and feud with MCMG for a title unification match.....I know its been done before but these guys would make it so much better.

Yup. More entertaining than the 1 with the Dudleys. IMO 2 of the worlds best teams going at it.

Necroyeti
01-04-2011, 07:08 PM
Bump.

Results from the show. ("Invisible" text: sweep to reveal)

(Pre-A) 1st World Wrestling Inter-Promotional Match: Wataru Inoue, Tiger Mask IV, Tama Tonga & Tomoaki Honma vs. Yujiro Takahashi, Tomohiro Ishii, Jado & Gedo
Winner: Inoue () following the Spear of Justice on Gedo.
~ Tiger and Ishii still did not settle things in the match, as even after the conclusion they still had to be separated from one another.
(Pre-B) 2nd World Wrestling Inter-Promotional Match: Kohji Kanemoto & Ryusuke Taguchi vs. Kenny Omega & Taichi (Ishikari)
Winner: Taguchi () with a Gedo Clutch on Taichi.
——————⠀”——–
(1) IWGP Tag Team Championship ~ 3 Way Hardcore Match: “Bad Intentions” Giant Bernard & Karl Anderson vs. vs. “Muscle Orchestra” Manabu Nakanishi & Strongman “Jon Anderson” vs. “Beer Money, Inc.” James Storm & Robert Roode
Winner: Anderson () with the Gun Stun to Roode.
(2) ROAD TO FANTASTICAMANIA: Jushin Thunder Liger & Hector Garza vs. Mascara Dorada & La Sombra
Winner: Sombra () with a Corkskrew Body Attack on Liger.
(3) DEEP SLEEP TO LOSE: Hiroyoshi Tenzan vs. Takashi Iizuka
Winner: Tenzan () with the Anaconda Vice.
(4) NJPW-TNA Greatest Showcase: Rob Van Dam vs. Tohru Yano
Winner: RVD () following the 5 Star Frog Splash.
(5) NO JUSTICE, NO LIFE: Yuji Nagata vs. Minoru Suzuki
Winner: Nagata () with a Backdrop Hold.
(6) IWGP Junior Heavyweight Championship Match: Prince Devitt [c] vs. Kota Ibushi [IWGP Jr Tag Champion]
Winner: Devitt () following an Avalanche Bloody Sunday.
(7) NJPW vs NOAH Battle Combustion I: Hirooki Goto & Kazuchika Okada vs. Takashi Sugiura & Yoshihiro Takayama
Winner: Takayama () with an Everest German Suplex Hold on Okada.
(8) TNA World Heavyweight Title Match: Jeff Hardy (TNA) vs. Tetsuya Naito
Winner: Hardy () following the Twist of Fate then a Swanton Bomb.
(9) NJPW vs NOAH Battle Combustion II: Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Go Shiozaki
Winner: Nakamura () following the Boma Ye.
(10) Special Singles Match ~ The Absolute Exhaust: Tohgi Makabe vs. Masato Tanaka
Winner: Makabe () following the King Kong Knee Drop.
(11) IWGP Heavyweight Championship Match: Satoshi Kojima [c] vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi
Winner: Tanahashi () with the High Fly Flow.
~ Tanahashi is the new Champion! - HOLY SHITTTTTTTTTTTTTT

Anyone know when this show comes out on DVD / the internet? It looks fucking great.

SilverGhost
01-04-2011, 07:15 PM
Bump.

Results from the show. ("Invisible" text: sweep to reveal)

(Pre-A) 1st World Wrestling Inter-Promotional Match: Wataru Inoue, Tiger Mask IV, Tama Tonga & Tomoaki Honma vs. Yujiro Takahashi, Tomohiro Ishii, Jado & Gedo
Winner: Inoue () following the Spear of Justice on Gedo.
~ Tiger and Ishii still did not settle things in the match, as even after the conclusion they still had to be separated from one another.
(Pre-B) 2nd World Wrestling Inter-Promotional Match: Kohji Kanemoto & Ryusuke Taguchi vs. Kenny Omega & Taichi (Ishikari)
Winner: Taguchi () with a Gedo Clutch on Taichi.
——————⠀”——–
(1) IWGP Tag Team Championship ~ 3 Way Hardcore Match: “Bad Intentions” Giant Bernard & Karl Anderson vs. vs. “Muscle Orchestra” Manabu Nakanishi & Strongman “Jon Anderson” vs. “Beer Money, Inc.” James Storm & Robert Roode
Winner: Anderson () with the Gun Stun to Roode.
(2) ROAD TO FANTASTICAMANIA: Jushin Thunder Liger & Hector Garza vs. Mascara Dorada & La Sombra
Winner: Sombra () with a Corkskrew Body Attack on Liger.
(3) DEEP SLEEP TO LOSE: Hiroyoshi Tenzan vs. Takashi Iizuka
Winner: Tenzan () with the Anaconda Vice.
(4) NJPW-TNA Greatest Showcase: Rob Van Dam vs. Tohru Yano
Winner: RVD () following the 5 Star Frog Splash.
(5) NO JUSTICE, NO LIFE: Yuji Nagata vs. Minoru Suzuki
Winner: Nagata () with a Backdrop Hold.
(6) IWGP Junior Heavyweight Championship Match: Prince Devitt [c] vs. Kota Ibushi [IWGP Jr Tag Champion]
Winner: Devitt () following an Avalanche Bloody Sunday.
(7) NJPW vs NOAH Battle Combustion I: Hirooki Goto & Kazuchika Okada vs. Takashi Sugiura & Yoshihiro Takayama
Winner: Takayama () with an Everest German Suplex Hold on Okada.
(8) TNA World Heavyweight Title Match: Jeff Hardy (TNA) vs. Tetsuya Naito
Winner: Hardy () following the Twist of Fate then a Swanton Bomb.
(9) NJPW vs NOAH Battle Combustion II: Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Go Shiozaki
Winner: Nakamura () following the Boma Ye.
(10) Special Singles Match ~ The Absolute Exhaust: Tohgi Makabe vs. Masato Tanaka
Winner: Makabe () following the King Kong Knee Drop.
(11) IWGP Heavyweight Championship Match: Satoshi Kojima [c] vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi
Winner: Tanahashi () with the High Fly Flow.
~ Tanahashi is the new Champion! - HOLY SHITTTTTTTTTTTTTT

Anyone know when this show comes out on DVD / the internet? It looks fucking great.

Man I wanna see this! But only 3 TNA vs NJPW matches? They could have done more. Some high flying AJ Styles to make it awesome to watch. Yay Tanahashi is the new champ!

The Brown One
01-04-2011, 07:41 PM
Indeed they should have had more TNA vs NJPW matches. 3/10 isn't much.

Necroyeti
01-04-2011, 07:45 PM
Man I wanna see this! But only 3 TNA vs NJPW matches? They could have done more. Some high flying AJ Styles to make it awesome to watch. Yay Tanahashi is the new champ!
They had to fit in the NOAH, CMLL and DDT guys in there too y'know.

Such a stacked card. I'm dying to see the Devitt-Ibushi and Tanahashi-Kojima matches as well as the TNA ones!

SilverGhost
01-04-2011, 07:54 PM
They had to fit in the NOAH, CMLL and DDT guys in there too y'know.

Such a stacked card. I'm dying to see the Devitt-Ibushi and Tanahashi-Kojima matches as well as the TNA ones!

Thats understandable. 4 would have been ok for TNA. I heard that Beer Money and RVD put great matches and Jeff didn't.

I wanna see Tanahashi wrestle again! He was great when he wrestled Kurt.

Bodom
01-04-2011, 08:58 PM
I want to watch this so f'n bad.

SilverGhost
01-05-2011, 12:50 AM
I want to watch this so f'n bad.

Me too. Different companies' wrestlers going at it is very awesome to watch.

Rich Cranium
01-05-2011, 12:53 AM
Me too. Different companies' wrestlers going at it is very awesome to watch.

And which company gets to decide the winner, is there a coin toss or something?

SilverGhost
01-05-2011, 12:57 AM
And which company gets to decide the winner, is there a coin toss or something?

No. They have their own wrestlers...well....wrestle :P

WrestleKingdom is like a Wrestlemania. I remember they did this in the Tokyo Dome. 100k people attended this sort of event.

SilverGhost
01-06-2011, 01:00 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=5iBpKt2ITYM

I WANT TO SEE THIS MAN!!@!@!@!@!

The Brown One
01-06-2011, 02:00 AM

Looks awesome. 100K people you say? SHIT that is epic.

SilverGhost
01-06-2011, 02:06 AM
Looks awesome. 100K people you say? SHIT that is epic.

Wrestling is huge in Japan. WrestleKingdom in the Tokyo Dome is bigger than a Wrestlemania(IMO)

I wanna see the whole thing! Its very promising.

The Brown One
01-06-2011, 02:22 AM
Wrestling is huge in Japan. WrestleKingdom in the Tokyo Dome is bigger than a Wrestlemania(IMO)

I wanna see the whole thing! Its very promising.

Will the whole event be in japanese?

Kashdinero
01-06-2011, 02:39 AM
NJPW's January 4th Tokyo Dome events are almost always something to behold. What many don't realise though is, due to poor ecconomy and their failure to create enough new stars who the Japanese public are willing to pay too see, the company, as of the past 10 or so years, have struggled to fill the 60-70,000 seat Dome. To remedy this, they have brought in talent from other established promotions from around the world to create matches, and interest in their product, that normally wouldn't be possible. Thanks to outside help from promotions like AJPW, NOAH, CMLL and (yes) TNA, the Tokyo Dome is still a viable option for NJPW. Also alot of the tickets to NJPW's biggest show of the year are given away for free, and even then they only really fill about two thirds/three quarters of it's capacity.

On topic; I can't wait to see this show!!! Shame that the Beer Money v Bad Intentions match is now a three way ; (

Kashdinero
01-06-2011, 02:50 AM
Will the whole event be in japanese?

Yes. TNA may release the show on DVD though with english commentary. If they're legally allowed to do so of course.

@Rich. What happens on a NJPW card is booked by NJPW. They always look after "outsiders" though.

Necroyeti
01-06-2011, 03:19 AM

ROBBU VANU DAMAAAAAAAAA!
JEFUUU HAAAADIIIIIIIIII

Goddamn I love engrish.

SilverGhost
01-06-2011, 03:25 AM
ROBBU VANU DAMAAAAAAAAA!
JEFUUU HAAAADIIIIIIIIII

Goddamn I love engrish.

I love it too xD

"Thank you for Welcoming!"

Fire Extinguisher->Hand grenade

The Brown One
01-06-2011, 03:27 AM
Yes. TNA may release the show on DVD though with english commentary. If they're legally allowed to do so of course.

@Rich. What happens on a NJPW card is booked by NJPW. They always look after "outsiders" though.

Good I hope so. I'd like to hear some commentary too lol.

NJPW's January 4th Tokyo Dome events are almost always something to behold. What many don't realise though is, due to poor ecconomy and their failure to create enough new stars who the Japanese public are willing to pay too see, the company, as of the past 10 or so years, have struggled to fill the 60-70,000 seat Dome. To remedy this, they have brought in talent from other established promotions from around the world to create matches, and interest in their product, that normally wouldn't be possible. Thanks to outside help from promotions like AJPW, NOAH, CMLL and (yes) TNA, the Tokyo Dome is still a viable option for NJPW. Also alot of the tickets to NJPW's biggest show of the year are given away for free, and even then they only really fill about two thirds/three quarters of it's capacity.

On topic; I can't wait to see this show!!! Shame that the Beer Money v Bad Intentions match is now a three way ; (

Thats sad that they don't sell out anymore. If they did what WWE did, and had matches on the card that aeren't with maineventers, but with established stars, then they wouldn't have trouble in selling tickets. Thats why WM usually sells out all of their 70,000+ seats.

SilverGhost
01-06-2011, 03:42 AM

Thats sad that they don't sell out anymore. If they did what WWE did, and had matches on the card that aeren't with maineventers, but with established stars, then they wouldn't have trouble in selling tickets. Thats why WM usually sells out all of their 70,000+ seats.

I would listen to in Japanese! xD Makes it more original.

Man....this is the sort of event that should sell out seats....not tickets given away for free. I would die a happy man if I went to one of these events in Japan.

The Brown One
01-06-2011, 04:29 AM
I would listen to in Japanese! xD Makes it more original.

Man....this is the sort of event that should sell out seats....not tickets given away for free. I would die a happy man if I went to one of these events in Japan.

Yeah they deserve more. I swear with how much anime knowledge you know, and watch, I thought you were Japanese.

Kashdinero
01-06-2011, 06:02 AM

Bare in mind that NJPW still has stiff competition from the likes of AJPW, NOAH and even Dragon Gate to a (slightly) lesser extent.

The Brown One
01-06-2011, 06:39 AM
Bare in mind that NJPW still has stiff competition from the likes of AJPW, NOAH and even Dragon Gate to a (slightly) lesser extent.

How well do those shows draw? How many seats do they fill?

Kashdinero
01-06-2011, 08:15 AM
How well do those shows draw? How many seats do they fill?

It all depends on what venues they're in. NOAH ran the Tokyo Dome and there were about forty thousand or so, but they draw anywhere from one to five thousand on the road. The bigger shows generally draw more. AJPW, who use a lot of ex WWE guys including Charlie Haas and Big Daddy V, generally draw less than that these days. Dragon Gate draws well for a federation based around smaller wrestler's. DG have actually out drawn the bigger companies in some cities. Dragon Gate has a lot of female fans.

SilverGhost
01-06-2011, 02:10 PM
It all depends on what venues they're in. NOAH ran the Tokyo Dome and there were about forty thousand or so, but they draw anywhere from one to five thousand on the road. The bigger shows generally draw more. AJPW, who use a lot of ex WWE guys including Charlie Haas and Big Daddy V, generally draw less than that these days. Dragon Gate draws well for a federation based around smaller wrestler's. DG have actually out drawn the bigger companies in some cities. Dragon Gate has a lot of female fans.

Wow....by themselves they put good shows but together for WrestleKingdom makes it special.

SilverGhost
01-06-2011, 07:57 PM
This is Kenny Omega & Kota Ibushi winning the Jr Hvy tag title's from Prince Devitt & Ryusuke Taguchi

AWESOME MATCH

part 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GACdpdBJtDU
part 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6BkeWkFULc&feature=related

On a funny side note the Irish born Prince Devitt's first name is Fergal but the Japanese found it too hard to pronounce so they changed it to prince lol.

Golden match!

Kashdinero
01-07-2011, 12:43 AM
Golden match!

Your not wrong SG!!

The wrestlers of NJPW really took the ball and ran with it last year.

Speaking of balls

WWE definitely dropped the ball on Kenny Omega. How they let him go from developmental is beyond me!

SilverGhost
01-07-2011, 12:46 AM
Your not wrong SG!!

The wrestlers of NJPW really took the ball and ran with it last year.

Speaking of balls

WWE definitely dropped the ball on Kenny Omega. How they let him go from developmental is beyond me!

Are you serious? Wow....Kenny Omega vs Bryan or Punk would be solid.

Good thing I subscribed NJPW in my Youtube!

Kashdinero
01-07-2011, 01:18 AM
Are you serious? Wow....Kenny Omega vs Bryan or Punk would be solid.

Good thing I subscribed NJPW in my Youtube!

They should have never let him leave. Oh well, at least we can see him in the types of matches he specialises in. Also, how GREAT is Kota Ibushi!

Glad you subscribed to NJPW! the only question is what to watch first! If it's on there I recommend Hiroshi Tanahashi v NOAH's Go Shiozaki from last years January 4 Tokyo Dome special. Beyond Greatness!

SilverGhost
01-07-2011, 01:23 AM
They should have never let him leave. Oh well, at least we can see him in the types of matches he specialises in. Also, how GREAT is Kota Ibushi!

Glad you subscribed to NJPW! the only question is what to watch first! If it's on there I recommend Hiroshi Tanahashi v NOAH's Go Shiozaki from last years January 4 Tokyo Dome special. Beyond Greatness!

I wanna see Kota Ibushi vs Prince Devitt! Man....they can go!

Hiroshi has a fan in me. He is good and I heard great things from Go Shiozaki in ROH.

Kashdinero
01-07-2011, 02:01 AM
I wanna see Kota Ibushi vs Prince Devitt! Man....they can go!

Hiroshi has a fan in me. He is good and I heard great things from Go Shiozaki in ROH.

If I may.

This is the finals of last years stellar Best of the Super Jrs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdG7ydboQEo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZQfzFTsh_4&feature=related

SilverGhost
01-07-2011, 12:23 PM
^^^^great match

best 17 mins spent.