PDA

View Full Version : Is Christian being punished?

TNA 'The very best'
09-05-2010, 01:30 PM
Simple: Is one of the best wrestlers around getting punished for jumping ship to TNA, or is he really not that good any more.

Extend this a little bit, would this happen to the likes of Angle, Hardy, even RVD if there were to ever return up north,

SilverGhost
09-05-2010, 01:39 PM
I don't think he is being punished but I think the WWE knows of Christian's TNA past. Christian do need a push but it is the writers choice.

TNA 'The very best'
09-05-2010, 01:44 PM
of course they know of his tna past lol, i would love to see him have a massive push and win a title

SilverGhost
09-05-2010, 01:47 PM
That time will happen. Right now they are treating Christain like he is a new wrestler. He needs a championship on Smackdown. I was happy when he won the ECW championship but it wasn't that big.

jethro
09-05-2010, 01:48 PM
Atleast he appear on tv on weekly basis,and from what I've see having feud with McIntyre and Cody.

Belzova
09-05-2010, 02:35 PM
Nope!

He just got a clean win over Drew last friday, and is seemingly being pushed into a big feud with new comer Del Rio. xD

Also, those other guys would be treated like gold, including Booker T. Just look at Jeff Hardy. He had a wild roller coaster ride of drugs through out his WWF career, and then was releashed then spent a few years with TNA then returned to the WWE only to get a main event push an a series of world championship reigns. So~ Anythings possible dear.

SilverGhost
09-05-2010, 03:38 PM
Nope!

He just got a clean win over Drew last friday, and is seemingly being pushed into a big feud with new comer Del Rio. xD

Also, those other guys would be treated like gold, including Booker T. Just look at Jeff Hardy. He had a wild roller coaster ride of drugs through out his WWF career, and then was releashed then spent a few years with TNA then returned to the WWE only to get a main event push an a series of world championship reigns. So~ Anythings possible dear.

Well...in Jeff Hardy's case is that the kids like him and there weren't serious contenders at that time. But he did get a great push and it did work out.

Christian on the other hand, it looks like he wants to earn his spots. But its just a guess. I don't know why WWE aren't pushing him to a title.

Robstar
09-05-2010, 04:36 PM
It's hard to say - sometimes I think yes, then other times no. Like his ECW title run - was that like a "hey, welcome back, here's a push" type of thing or a "look a former NWA/TNA World Champ is ECWWE champ now - that's the best he can do" sort of thing? As far as I can tell, Christian is back to doing what they used to have him do - hosting the Peep Show from time to time or just generally used for his superior(to almost EVERYONE else) mic and promo skills. He's a truly talented in-ring talent that is made to mire down the card helping get people like Del Rio over. The simple fact that they had him involved with Matt Hardy should suggest the level of seriousness that they intend to push him, right now anyway. I'd love to see him feud with Edge over the World title - but again, I wonder if Vince thinks this would be lending credibilty to the competition, which he's not known for, lol.
Just look at Gail Kim - the only other star I can think of they brought back from TNA - they're doing nothing with her and she's the most talented female performer they have. Not even a decent bloody rivalry for her.

tnasunblock
09-05-2010, 05:38 PM
Of course hes being punished but he probably accepted it due to the money he will be making. Any way he will be setting an example to other wrestlers who leave and want to come back.

WFâ„¢ - Original Member!
09-05-2010, 06:00 PM
I love Christian, I'm probably his biggest fan on here, he has the lot, his only problem is he is too damn skinny, since he left the WWE in 2005 and got off the roids he is far to slight to be considered the top guy in the WWE in my opinion

Tha Crows Nest
09-05-2010, 06:23 PM
I dont think he is being punished its just the right storyline for him to jump up and grab the title hasn't come along. At some point you have to assume we will get a Edge vs. Christian main event for a world title ( not sure who will be face or heel) and I hope so. Maybe that will be the time for Christian.

As for RVD, Kurt Angle, and Jeff Hardy. Depending on Hardy's court issues he may get another push. RVD would go straight to the World title because he has the skills and is so over and Angle hands down would be right back in the main event.

SilverGhost
09-05-2010, 06:56 PM
I love Christian, I'm probably his biggest fan on here, he has the lot, his only problem is he is too damn skinny, since he left the WWE in 2005 and got off the roids he is far to slight to be considered the top guy in the WWE in my opinion

Skinny? Christian is like CM Punk body wise.

TLK
09-05-2010, 07:17 PM
Christian's lack of a push is probably due to the fact Vince McMahon was never a big fan of him in the first place and it has been noted that he is not keen on Christian when he returned to the WWE after his stint in TNA. Even though he did win the WWE version of the ECW title, that version of the championship had no significance to the Original ECW Championship which the likes of Taz, Sabu and Rhino held.

Is it due to the fact it was him going to TNA that made him in the eyes of the WWE "disloyal"? Probably.

With the exception of Jeff Hardy. Ex WWE Womens Champ, Gail Kim has Floundered since she has returned to the WWE when she left TNA, and she was the top Knockout in TNA who pioneered the Knockouts Division.

Chris Harris aka Braden Walker did not last long and the awful gimmick he was given was just dire.

R-truth has achieved some success since he returned to the WWE with a brief US championship reign, But the WWE did not even acknowledge his past achievments as K-Kwik and his 2 Hardcore Championship reigns. He is more considered a Mid Carder.

But as Christian is probably earning more Money in the WWE, it will be the case of shall I stay where the money and be used and abused or Shall I go back to TNA and be a World Champion despite the fact I will not be earning as much?

Robstar
09-05-2010, 07:46 PM
TNA would NOT make him champion these days now that things have changed over there. If their golden boy AJ isn't even contending for it, where do you think Christian would fit in?

SilverGhost
09-05-2010, 07:49 PM
TNA would NOT make him champion these days now that things have changed over there. If their golden boy AJ isn't even contending for it, where do you think Christian would fit in?

True here. If he stayed in TNA it could have been different but we will never know.

AGEOFFALL
09-05-2010, 10:47 PM
True here. If he stayed in TNA it could have been different but we will never know.

Christian was screwed either way. The best he can do in the wwe right now was the ECW Champion. If he had stayed in Tna he might have gotten in a world title reign or two in but that would have stopped upon the arrival of Hogan & Bischoff.

SilverGhost
09-05-2010, 10:53 PM
Christian was screwed either way. The best he can do in the wwe right now was the ECW Champion. If he had stayed in Tna he might have gotten in a world title reign or two in but that would have stopped upon the arrival of Hogan & Bischoff.

Two more world title regins in TNA is more credible than being the ECWWE(lolz) champion but either way I wanted the TNA Christian in WWE.

AGEOFFALL
09-05-2010, 10:57 PM
Two more world title regins in TNA is more credible than being the ECWWE(lolz) champion but either way I wanted the TNA Christian in WWE.

To me the ECW Championship was a credible world title up until bobby lashley won it. From there it was just downhill. And by the time CM Punk, Christian, Tommy Dreamer won it, it was already ruined.

SilverGhost
09-05-2010, 11:00 PM
To me the ECW Championship was a credible world title up until bobby lashley won it. From there it was just downhill. And by the time CM Punk, Christian, Tommy Dreamer won it, it was already ruined.

Well....you said what I was trying to say xD but yes I do acknowledge Christian as a former world champion since the ECW championship was a world championship. Too bad it was a dying one....

AGEOFFALL
09-06-2010, 01:47 AM
Christian should have been the final ECW Champion.

SilverGhost
09-06-2010, 01:53 AM
Christian should have been the final ECW Champion.

This I agree 100%

DarkSide
09-06-2010, 05:03 AM
Anyone thinking WWE is NOT making an example of Christian needs their head examined. Christian is too good to ignore though and he will eventually get a minor push but he will never be a main-stay headliner again.

It's no secret those on top doesn't like Christians physique and now with a newly-appointed suck-up on top I don't see it happening soon either.

Verdammung
09-06-2010, 10:58 AM
To me it's less likely that the WWE is punishing Christian so much as the WWE is just being stupid as they have always been with Christian.

Also, I agree with the comment about Christian needing to have been the last ECW Champion. Vince wanted to put over Ezekiel Jackson so he could have a future, only problem is you never knew Jackson would have a future and he's been out of commission ever since.

SilverGhost
09-06-2010, 11:36 AM
Anyone thinking WWE is NOT making an example of Christian needs their head examined. Christian is too good to ignore though and he will eventually get a minor push but he will never be a main-stay headliner again.

It's no secret those on top doesn't like Christians physique and now with a newly-appointed suck-up on top I don't see it happening soon either.

If thats the case then Christian is being tolerant to let that happen. My guess is that he is earning his spot (but he doesn't need to since he is good and earned respect from the fans because of his TNA days) and WWE is giving him obstacles. Its examples like my signature on my posts why Christian needs to be pushed. He did extremely well as a world champion in TNA and he can do the same in WWE.

TNA 'The very best'
09-06-2010, 04:40 PM
To me it's less likely that the WWE is punishing Christian so much as the WWE is just being stupid as they have always been with Christian.

Also, I agree with the comment about Christian needing to have been the last ECW Champion. Vince wanted to put over Ezekiel Jackson so he could have a future, only problem is you never knew Jackson would have a future and he's been out of commission ever since.

Where is he now, didnt he get injured.

AGEOFFALL
09-06-2010, 06:31 PM
Where is he now, didnt he get injured.

ezekiel is on the raw brand right now, injured.

SilverGhost
09-06-2010, 09:53 PM
Later on WWE will have to push Christian.

AGEOFFALL
09-06-2010, 10:38 PM
Later on WWE will have to push Christian.

That is true.

SilverGhost
09-06-2010, 10:56 PM
I am not that worried since its Christian we are talking about. Only the lack of titles frustrates me. Other than that, Christian will be great.

AGEOFFALL
09-06-2010, 11:04 PM
I give it by next summer at the latest.

SilverGhost
09-06-2010, 11:16 PM
I would be content if he teamed up with Matt and go for the Penny Tag championships.

AGEOFFALL
09-06-2010, 11:52 PM
I would be content if he teamed up with Matt and go for the Penny Tag championships.

Nah that's not good enough.

SilverGhost
09-07-2010, 12:45 AM
Nah that's not good enough.

Its something! These guys lack gold. Why not team up since they are tag team experts.

AGEOFFALL
09-07-2010, 02:37 AM
Its something! These guys lack gold. Why not team up since they are tag team experts.

Those guys should be in the main event. They started out in tag teams.

SilverGhost
09-07-2010, 11:31 AM
Those guys should be in the main event. They started out in tag teams.

True. WWE doesn't see both Christian and Matt as main event material....

AGEOFFALL
09-07-2010, 10:47 PM
True. WWE doesn't see both Christian and Matt as main event material....

The pieces will fall together for Christian and he'll get his world title shot. Not sure about Hardy though.

Rich Cranium
12-27-2010, 12:48 PM
If he claims the 2011 Royal Rumble, I will f'n mark out like a school girl!

SilverGhost
12-27-2010, 12:52 PM
If he claims the 2011 Royal Rumble, I will f'n mark out like a school girl!

Are you bringing back threads?

Rich Cranium
12-27-2010, 12:53 PM
I thought we already discussed this? It feels fresh to have another set of topics. Is it a problem?

SilverGhost
12-27-2010, 12:55 PM
A few but not alot.

Rich Cranium
12-27-2010, 12:57 PM
Ok, no problem, im being singled out here since I am not alone but ok.

SilverGhost
12-27-2010, 12:59 PM
Ok, no problem, im being singled out here since I am not alone but ok.

Irken stopped xD