PDA

View Full Version : Did anybody else notice this?

Hotrod Coolbeans
12-13-2010, 11:47 AM
I was watching the 11th December (uk time slot) episode of iMPACT! and picked up on a few subliminal things that may be integral to the future direction of the Immortal/Fortune storyline.......................

Im sure you all saw Bischoff having a go at AJ Styles in the office right? Did you also notice the reaction of AJ and Kaz in the ring during the introduction, and following interview, of Jeff Hardy? They were both just leaning against the ropes in a very nonchalant way, while every other member of Immortal and Forune were laughing and applauding.

Also at the very end of the segment as Eric Bischoff said "hit my music", the camera panned across the ring and you could see Kaz mouth very clearly "our music!!!".

Anybody else pick this up?

Any thoughts on where they could be going with this?

SilverGhost
12-13-2010, 11:54 AM
Maybe they are showing signs of not caring? Either storyline wise.....or maybe real.

Bodom
12-13-2010, 11:55 AM
I haven't seen it, so I can't say, but my first guess is you're reading too much into it.

Hotrod Coolbeans
12-13-2010, 12:09 PM
I haven't seen it, so I can't say, but my first guess is you're reading too much into it.

Maybe, but since before Bound for glory TNA has been using these tiny, almost subliminal angles to plant the seed for future storylines/angles.

I was recently watching the episodes of iMPACT! that were going on before BFG and there were so many of these tiny angles that happened that now all make perfect sense.

Or maybe im just far too paranoid and am reading too much in to stuff!! Time will tell....................

Bodom
12-13-2010, 12:10 PM
Maybe, but since before Bound for glory TNA has been using these tiny, almost subliminal angles to plant the seed for future storylines/angles.

I was recently watching the episodes of iMPACT! that were going on before BFG and there were so many of these tiny angles that happened that now all make perfect sense.

Or maybe im just far too paranoid and am reading too much in to stuff!! Time will tell....................

Careful. They are watching you you know.

MattElder
12-13-2010, 01:27 PM
I also saw this and thought the same as you,

They must have an angle planned for AJ with him being turned down and using matt morgan instead

Rich Cranium
12-13-2010, 01:39 PM
Yeah, I think they will split from immortal and start a faction of TNA originals.

Hotrod Coolbeans
12-13-2010, 02:15 PM
Pope and Joe keep brawling (im also expecting a Pope heel turn shortly)
Morgan and Anderson are gonna be battling each other for the no.1 contendership
Angle is purely focused on Jarrett

I see the only way to eliminate Immortal is by working together, as a team, as a family.
Obviously all of the above cant do that.
This leads the way for a full on Fortune face turn (without Flair perhaps) to finally take back TNA for Dixie, and the fans!!!

Now that would be worth a fortune.................................

thejman93
12-13-2010, 03:06 PM
I think I smell a... RUSSO SWERVE!

GoldSpirit
12-13-2010, 03:14 PM
THANK YOU.
Finally, it seems like people are coming to understand what TNA is doing.
This has been the plan the entire time. the ENTIRE Bischoff/Hogan thing... from the start, not just from 10/10/10, but from January, has been to have TNA and the TNA originals come out on top through the disaster that is H/B and now Immortal. We, as fans,a nd as even casual fans, know WCW was brought down (or at least this is public sentiment) by the EGO's of guys like Hogan and Bischoff. TNA signs these guys and everyone goes "oh no, not again. They are going to destroy TNA just like they did to WCW" and "oh no, they are doing the NWO again"... Thats the whole point. They WANT us to think that these guys are going to bring it down, but what the guys in WCW couldn't do the guys in TNA will... Thats win. Beat H/B and make TNA the strongest company around.I find it funny that all these wrestling "experts" are falling for this. Hogan said it was gunna be "real" but it's not. Everyone and their mother is saying HOGAN AND BISCHOFF ARE RUINING TNA. but they aren't, they are making it stronger.
You'll see, the TNA "originals" WILL split from Immortal over time and form up in a united front against H/B and will "run them out of the company"... right around the time their contracts expire.
In my opinion this is THE single greatest storyline in the history of wrestling and if all goes right TNA will be a powerhouse by the end of it. It's genius. The problem is that most people want instant gratification and if things dont happen RIGHT AWAY they are quick to call it a failure. This is a long term plan. VERY long term as far as TV is concerned and certainly as far as modern day wrestling is concerned. This is more akin to a series long story arc ala Lost (not in content but design). This isnt a build up to a PPV or to a BIG PPV 4 months down the line but a concerted effort to tella story that lasts through probably two years. Again, I think it is absolute genius and I laugh that NO ONE has seemed to understand it thus far, though it seems like maybe some people here are beginning to see the light.
Like I said, think LOST not a weekly sitcom.
Now, I'm sure let the "youre crazy. You don;t know what youre talking about. Hogan and Bischoff ARE ruining TNA. This is the same old stuff. This is NWO all over again" comments begin.

Rich Cranium
12-13-2010, 03:20 PM
It would be a genuis plan to have the original TNA wrestlers ousting the WCW has beens!

thejman93
12-13-2010, 03:35 PM
It would be a genuis plan to have the original TNA wrestlers ousting the WCW has beens!

If Biscoff and Hogan are smart enough for that I'll eat a turd

Xpacfan
12-13-2010, 03:53 PM
THANK YOU.
This has been the plan the entire time. the ENTIRE Bischoff/Hogan thing... from the start, not just from 10/10/10, but from January, has been to have TNA and the TNA originals come out on top through the disaster that is H/B and now Immortal. We, as fans,a nd as even casual fans, know WCW was brought down (or at least this is public sentiment) by the EGO's of guys like Hogan and Bischoff. TNA signs these guys and everyone goes "oh no, not again. They are going to destroy TNA just like they did to WCW" and "oh no, they are doing the NWO again"... Thats the whole point. They WANT us to think that these guys are going to bring it down, but what the guys in WCW couldn't do the guys in TNA will... Thats win. Beat H/B and make TNA the strongest company around.I find it funny that all these wrestling "experts" are falling for this. Hogan said it was gunna be "real" but it's not. Everyone and their mother is saying HOGAN AND BISCHOFF ARE RUINING TNA. but they aren't, they are making it stronger.
You'll see, the TNA "originals" WILL split from Immortal over time and form up in a united front against H/B and will "run them out of the company"... right around the time their contracts expire.
In my opinion this is THE single greatest storyline in the history of wrestling and if all goes right TNA will be a powerhouse by the end of it. It's genius. The problem is that most people want instant gratification and if things dont happen RIGHT AWAY they are quick to call it a failure. This is a long term plan. VERY long term as far as TV is concerned and certainly as far as modern day wrestling is concerned. This is more akin to a series long story arc ala Lost (not in content but design). This isnt a build up to a PPV or to a BIG PPV 4 months down the line but a concerted effort to tella story that lasts through probably two years. Again, I think it is absolute genius and I laugh that NO ONE has seemed to understand it thus far, though it seems like maybe some people here are beginning to see the light.
Now, I'm sure let the "youre crazy. You don;t know what youre talking about. Hogan and Bischoff ARE ruining TNA. This is the same old stuff. This is NWO all over again" comments begin.

See, you get posts like this when people actually take the time to watch the product and not just criticize what's seen on the surface.

To piggy back, its just like with the whole Invasion and NWO angles in the WWE...Did people really believe at the end of the day that these factions were really going to be victorious in reality? C'mon, its just an angle and if people would take the time to watch the show, they would clearly be able to see this!

Hotrod Coolbeans
12-13-2010, 04:19 PM
THANK YOU.

So true, I remember when Hogan and Bischoff first came in, I read somewhere the Bisch was planning something that has never been done before. A 1-2 year long story that completely blends reality with fiction. That makes people think that what they see on TV is what is actually going on backstage. My hat goes off to Bischoff, it really does. Despite what the Bisch-haters may say, I think the guy is a genius! He wouldn't have dominated WWF for 2 years if he had no talent.........real talent!!!
(I understand the inevitable comments about Bischoff "killing WCW" are forthcoming, but thats for another thread, on another day)

I think Bischoff's long term goal for his 2 year contract was to leave having made the TNA brand stronger, and if the originals are the ones to "kick Immortal out of TNA" after nobody else could, in WCW or TNA, then that is goal achieved.

Bit long................sorry guys!

Bodom
12-13-2010, 04:20 PM
Make them as long as you want.

The only person it pisses off is Rob. :)

Hotrod Coolbeans
12-13-2010, 04:23 PM
Make them as long as you want.

The only person it pisses off is Rob. :)

Coolbeans!!!!!!!!!!!!

GoldSpirit
12-13-2010, 04:39 PM
You have no idea how happy this thread is maiking me. I'm glad other people understand whats going on (and yes, actually watch the product.) Good job guys.
I think even them making Hardy champ is part of it. I dont think it's a vote of confidence, I think they are using him and Jeff is too dumb to realize they are going to destroy his career to make TNA better. HAH, God he is such a scumbag.
And to ANYone that has a problem with the length of my posts, sorry. Too bad. This ain't TWITTER!

Xpacfan
12-13-2010, 05:03 PM
You have no idea how happy this thread is maiking me. I'm glad other people understand whats going on (and yes, actually watch the product.) Good job guys.
I think even them making Hardy champ is part of it. I dont think it's a vote of confidence, I think they are using him and Jeff is too dumb to realize they are going to destroy his career to make TNA better. HAH, God he is such a scumbag.
And to ANYone that has a problem with the length of my posts, sorry. Too bad. This ain't TWITTER!

So do you believe the reports about how his demons are affecting him on and off stage is part of a work too?

CobraNightviper
12-13-2010, 06:09 PM
I don't know but it's obvious he's been stoned out side of wrestling just look at all the vids of him on the web and check out his eyes and actions and I hope this is the plan a big build up for a ending that pays off but with wrestling nowadays who knows for sure?

Rich Cranium
12-13-2010, 06:16 PM
So do you believe the reports about how his demons are affecting him on and off stage is part of a work too?

Unfortunatley, this is a sad truth. I REALLY sincerely don't want to click on the home page one of these days and see that he overdosed.

Jimmy Rave
12-13-2010, 06:30 PM
While I can see what you are saying about it maybe being a storyline, I'm skeptical that they would take it as far as alienating all of their old fans just to get a storyline over. TNA used to be must-see TV last year for me but since Hogan got rid of the 6-sided ring and everything else that was unique to TNA, their original talent for example, I've completely lost interet and usually forget when it is on now. If the plan is to shit on the compnay for a year until H/B leave when their contracts run out then turn it back into the old TNA and expect all the old fans they alienated to come back, that's a bit of a stretch. Would people like me who they disappointed have the same passion for TNA we used to after all this time? Seems unlikely. Getting rid of most of the WWE rejects and hiring a lot of fresh talent also seems like a bit of stretch, these days TNA seem very sure that if you have worked for WWE you will bring in the fans more than someone who hasn't but can actually wrestle

Rassling_Fan
12-13-2010, 07:10 PM
TNA used to be must-see TV last year for me but since Hogan got rid of the 6-sided ring and everything else that was unique to TNA, their original talent for example, I've completely lost interet and usually forget when it is on now. If the plan is to shit on the compnay for a year until H/B leave when their contracts run out then turn it back into the old TNA and expect all the old fans they alienated to come back, that's a bit of a stretch.

This. Also, before I stopped watching TNA because of this (http://www.cagesideseats.com/2010/9/29/1719902/an-examination-of-tnas-appalling-treatment-of-talent), when I noticed things it didn't reveal a story, but plotholes...

1- Abyss and Jeff Hardy were the Top two contenders in the Contenders list. If they were They all along, why the whole tournament?
2- Jeff and Angle got three ties in a row and stopped because of a Blood Lost. Why not declare Jeff Hardy won if Angle was bleeding too much?
3- Why couldn't Dixie fire Abyss? Doesn't she own the company? Why make Bishoff do it?
4- Why didn't Sting simply say all this was going to happen? He had no reason to keep it hidden.

This is Wrestling. Blending reality with storylines can only happen if one of the things is real. That's why the Montreal Screwjob made WWE gain more interest. That's why the Edge/Matt Feud for Lita was exciting (until Hardy lost to an accidental bleeding that ruined the match). Heck, that's why Rhino's betrayal of EV2.0 was believable.

2xtreme
12-14-2010, 04:36 PM
I read posts on this forum complaining the storylines only run to the next PPV but when theres potential for TNA to give them what they want they don't want to know and refuse to believe it because of Hogan and Bischoff's previous. It seems whatever the writers do they will never please us internet fans. As for plot holes 1 and 4 listed above they would ruin the big 'reveal'. Especially No. 4. No. 2 and 3 I agree with

Kashdinero
12-14-2010, 04:56 PM
Is anyone else bored of seeing wrestling storylines and real life situations being tied together? I know I am!

On occasion it is fun for the "smart" fans to have little references to things that happen off screen but it's usually lost on the majority of the audience. Basing your main storyline on things that happen off screen is a pointless excersise that brings in zero new fan's, which TNA is in dire need of.

Rassling_Fan
12-14-2010, 07:11 PM
As for plot holes 1 and 4 listed above they would ruin the big 'reveal'. Especially No. 4. No. 2 and 3 I agree with

For 1, not really. In fact, it would have sped up the proccess. The PPV where the two semifinals happened, the "They" reveal would be shown. Then since RVD came back between the two PPVs, he could form his own group to take on "Them". With the next PPV being RVD Vs Jeff Hardy for the title. Boom.

For 4, they could of build up the thing better if Sting made an accusation. To the buildup of the reveal, people will think Sting is being paranoid and question if he is fully there. So when the reveal happened, instead of people going "Why didn't you tell us sooner!" they would go "We're so sorry! Please save us from Hogan!" And when Dixie tried to plead with him and apologize for not listening, he would whisper "No." and leave. A LOT better then what they gave us for Sting's final appearance (so far).

EDIT:
I read posts on this forum complaining the storylines only run to the next PPV but when theres potential for TNA to give them what they want they don't want to know and refuse to believe it because of Hogan and Bischoff's previous. It seems whatever the writers do they will never please us internet fans.

That's the problem with potential, sometimes it doesn't happen. Having Sheamus win over Triple H at Wrestlemania was potential because it would be the crowning push for the big guy. We got Triple H winning once more. Having Nexus defeat Team WWE was potential to make them a real threat, instead we got this (http://kapaeme.deviantart.com/art/SummerSlam-Revenge-176125327). With TNA, we see potential and we see them failing to achieve them. AJ Styles should be champion now if it wasn't for RVD's second match being a World Title Shot. Samoa Joe should be much higher on the card but he's not. Amazing Red should be on TV more often, but he isn't!

GoldSpirit
12-16-2010, 12:26 PM
I think it's safe to say we ALL have opinions on what SHOULD or SHOULD NOT happen. The problem is, at the end of the day we are just fans and these people are running a business. ALOT of things SHOULD happen as far as I am concerned. I want Christian to be World Heavyweight Champion but it's not going to happen. I want to see Hardy stripped of the title in TNA, it won't happen (though really, TNA should look at who they have representing them. See what The Miz is doing? Is he the best wrestler ever? no but his win is all over the place as far as main stream media is concerned... TNA could learn something from that.).
My point is we all have things we want to see... The companies are goi they do and we are going to bitch about it. We can't even get a concensus on this BOARD about what these companies should do, but we expect them to do the right thing every single time. These companies are going to screw up, no doubt. I'm just going to sit back and enjoy it. If there ARE some things the companies could do that might HELP they could make Championships MEAN more. Thats my major gripe. Otherwise I just want to sit back and enjoy the product and not get bogged down by criticisms of it. I mean, for Christs sake it WRESTLING. It's not THAT important. I DO hope the TNA storyline with Immortal does what I think it's intended to do because I think TNA has the ability to be the better of the two companies, as long as they have a plan to grow their business longterm. The WWE is on top mostly because it IS on top. It's like your older brother when you are a kid. He can beat you up because he's older and bigger but when you grow up you find out your brother is really a 5'8'' scrawny nerd and you can beat the ever loving piss out of him now.

Jesus, this was a rambling, nearly incoherent post.
I need a nap.

Hotrod Coolbeans
12-16-2010, 12:49 PM
That is something I said in another post, a wrestling company will never please all the people, all the time, its impossible!!
Like you said, we should just sit back and watch it, its only a tv show after all.

Rassling_Fan
12-16-2010, 02:53 PM
My point is we all have things we want to see... The companies are goi they do and we are going to bitch about it. We can't even get a concensus on this BOARD about what these companies should do, but we expect them to do the right thing every single time.

While that maybe true, the one thing they SHOULD do that should be a given is treat their talent better. Despite all the compalining I did before I stopped watching TNA I kept watching it. Finding out that they treat talent worse then the WWE's (http://www.cagesideseats.com/2010/9/29/1719902/an-examination-of-tnas-appalling-treatment-of-talent) made me stop watching it all together in hopes they fixed this BIG flaw.

eboy
12-30-2010, 06:57 AM
This. Also, before I stopped watching TNA because of this (http://www.cagesideseats.com/2010/9/29/1719902/an-examination-of-tnas-appalling-treatment-of-talent), when I noticed things it didn't reveal a story, but plotholes...

1- Abyss and Jeff Hardy were the Top two contenders in the Contenders list. If they were They all along, why the whole tournament?
2- Jeff and Angle got three ties in a row and stopped because of a Blood Lost. Why not declare Jeff Hardy won if Angle was bleeding too much?
3- Why couldn't Dixie fire Abyss? Doesn't she own the company? Why make Bishoff do it?
4- Why didn't Sting simply say all this was going to happen? He had no reason to keep it hidden.

This is Wrestling. Blending reality with storylines can only happen if one of the things is real. That's why the Montreal Screwjob made WWE gain more interest. That's why the Edge/Matt Feud for Lita was exciting (until Hardy lost to an accidental bleeding that ruined the match). Heck, that's why Rhino's betrayal of EV2.0 was believable.

look what have all the guys been saying about acctually watching the product.

bischoff got the contract for her and when she signed it she thought she'd be firing abyss but actually she signed her company away to hogan/bischoff

the real shock at bfg was when hardy turned heel when it was a complete shock there had been no online theorys or any hints on impact that hardy would turn heel both of the obove would have caused succispition

4. why didn't sting say this was gonna happen?
2 reasons

1 it would have spoiled it
2 sting wanted to use it to get hogan in the ring and had he simply revealed it hogan would'nt have fought sting plus then sting would have had the whole of immortal after him

eboy
12-30-2010, 06:59 AM
I hadn't noticed this but i'm bloody glad i have read this thread if it is true not only is tna genius but you are genius for picking it up my freind

goldspirit is a genius