PDA

View Full Version : Eric Young, Where's the Love?

Rich Cranium
12-12-2010, 09:43 PM
Copy and Pasted:

Regarding Eric Young's contract holdout with TNA Wrestling last month, he indicated to friends that he believed WWE would show interest in signing him and thus he held out for a better deal than the Nashville based organization initially offered. There was apparently no interest on WWE's part in Young's services and he re-signed with TNA Wrestling for less money than he was looking for. He was, however, granted freedom to accept independent bookings without company approval.

What's wrong with EY?

Rassling_Fan
12-12-2010, 10:02 PM
I don't know why TNA misuses EY, but at least he can make his own bookings now. So more work for him, which is a plus!

Bodom
12-12-2010, 10:05 PM
What do people see in EY? and I mean this as a question.

OK talent but I just don't see what other's see in him.

IrkenInvader
12-12-2010, 10:12 PM
Joke character.

Rich Cranium
12-12-2010, 10:17 PM
I guess I win the poor topic of the day award! Horaay!

InfoWarrior
12-12-2010, 10:25 PM
I think the problem with Eric Young getting singed with WWE is the way TNA has treated him. He was a comedy joke wrestler for a while until the world elite faction came about. Finally TNA gave EY a chance to show his talent to being a good worker. Now that the world elite is no more TNA went back to treating him as a joke. I think the WWE has plenty of joke wrestlers like Chavo and Santino for example. Speaking of Chavo, it pisses me off to see someone that comes from such a legendary wrestling name like Guerrero being treated as a mid-card (and sometimes not even that) joke. Maybe chavo is a mid-card worker, but no reason to treat him the way WWE does. Anyways back on topic. Hopefully TNA will let him do more work in the ring instead of tagging with Orlando Jordon is some weird homo-erotic angle that has gone nowhere or playing a cow bell and say hes dating Mickie James. I think Eric Young could be a perfect addition to the slowly but surely faction that needs to form against Immortal and Fourtune. If there is no faction to go up against Immortal then what was the point in starting it anyway. Bottom line is that Eric Young is a great worker with the potential to be a main eventer, but needs the opurtuninty to show that more often. Vince Russo needs to stop writing comedy sitcoms for TNA and start writing Wrestling. I think that is one of the main problems with EY as of late, too much Russo infulenece on comedy sitcom garbage than EY's talent in the ring.

alexrules01
12-13-2010, 12:16 AM
EY is a real funny guy... he could still do the commentary and wrestle, like WWE have started with Santino. Need some light-heart entertainment, thats actually funny to combat the sour look of Hogan.
Like seriously, in that thanks giving meal thing, everyones cheering and stuff, and Hulk just sits there, like wtf?

brad9993
12-13-2010, 12:46 AM
Heel EY was when he was at his best, then TNA changed him which is a shame. He is good on the microphone and can wrestle just they make him a joke.

tittle97
12-13-2010, 12:56 AM
I never saw much in Young, whatever gimmick he had. At least he can work the indys now.

JohnnyPhantom
12-13-2010, 01:38 AM
Eric Young is a solid wrestler and one of TNAs most under utilized talents... similiar to Shelton Benjamin but im not comparing the two in talent wise just situation wise.

Unfortunetly for Young, his position in WWE would have been one of midcard nothingness and a release, which tbh might have benefited him because he could have then gone back to TNA and been a World title contender since just having been in WWE for any ammount of time makes you a main eventer.

Kashdinero
12-13-2010, 03:14 AM
TNA really should treat EY better. He's been with them for so long and I thought he made quite the heel as leader of the World Elite.... Not a fan of his current character at all though and that is the reason I think his contract negations and WWE aspirations fell flat... TNA/Bischoganusso booked him into oblivion.

CobraNightviper
12-13-2010, 10:41 AM
tna should at least treat him like wwe treats Santino(there joke charicter)and let him have some kind of a title run I mean comon Santino is a two time I.C champ and now a tag team champ how many titles did EY win besides that joke of a T.V title thats all I ever rember him winning.

Bodom
12-13-2010, 10:44 AM
tna should at least treat him like wwe treats Santino(there joke charicter)and let him have some kind of a title run I mean comon Santino is a two time I.C champ and now a tag team champ how many titles did EY win besides that joke of a T.V title thats all I ever rember him winning.

That back and forth he had with Daivari for the X was a bit of fun.

He was also Tag champs with Roode during their run with Team Canada

IPEEINTHESHOWER
12-13-2010, 02:00 PM
Hello SHOWERHEADS and SPRINKLERS. I'm kind of on the fence with EY. Of course he could be booked better but you have to make the most of what you get and run with it. I'm not sure EY would be a good fit in the WWE, and clearly the WWE thinks this way as well. He is a good wrestler and he does what TNA ask of him. EY is the Santino of TNA, that can go either way. It could be a blessing or your on the road to being never taken seriously. Unfortunately, its the latter.

U MAD???

CobraNightviper
12-13-2010, 06:12 PM
really so basically he is the Santino of tna now but before he wasn't?

Bodom
12-13-2010, 06:21 PM
He was always a comic relief type character.

Remember "Don't Fire Eric"? and the paranoid Eric during the Team Canada/Planet Jarrett?

CobraNightviper
12-13-2010, 07:14 PM
yes,yes I do but I thought you might have meant before team Canada I had never seen him before that.

Bodom
12-13-2010, 07:16 PM
Team Canada was his debut.

Rassling_Fan
12-13-2010, 07:16 PM
He was always a comic relief type character.

Remember "Don't Fire Eric"? and the paranoid Eric during the Team Canada/Planet Jarrett?

Yeah, but then he got serious with his singles run after the "Super Eric" bits and became a pretty good heel with World Elite. And to make his current character worse, he is like this because he bumped his head in a match and continues to wrestle. Isn't this why Morgan made a face turn?

CobraNightviper
12-13-2010, 07:28 PM
I read some where he had a try out for wwe but didn't make the cut do you know if there is any truth to that at all?

Rassling_Fan
12-13-2010, 07:35 PM
I read some where he had a try out for wwe but didn't make the cut do you know if there is any truth to that at all?

It is possible. AJ Styles had a try out with WWE (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XR5tIFlhetw) and didn't get hired.

The Brown One
12-14-2010, 05:04 PM
It is possible. AJ Styles had a try out with WWE (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XR5tIFlhetw) and didn't get hired.

Probably the workings of Vince. Hes all for the big guys but the smaller ones? Not so much