PDA

View Full Version : My First Exposure to TNA

clrj3514
12-12-2010, 06:31 PM
A few years ago I started seeing a little TNA from time to time. What I saw then was a pretty great product! Sure, the promos weren't great but I don't care with the wrestling being what it was. The X-Division was huge and WAY over with the fans. I loved any match involving AJ, Sabin, or Daniels! Heck I even enjoyed seeing Jarrett as the heel heavyweight champ. Something about seeing Wildcat get SOOOO CLOSE, only to be screwed over yet again kept me on the edge of my seat. My only question is, WHAT THE HECK HAPPENED??????

SilverGhost
12-12-2010, 06:34 PM
A few years ago I started seeing a little TNA from time to time. What I saw then was a pretty great product! Sure, the promos weren't great but I don't care with the wrestling being what it was. The X-Division was huge and WAY over with the fans. I loved any match involving AJ, Sabin, or Daniels! Heck I even enjoyed seeing Jarrett as the heel heavyweight champ. Something about seeing Wildcat get SOOOO CLOSE, only to be screwed over yet again kept me on the edge of my seat. My only question is, WHAT THE HECK HAPPENED??????

TNA creative being uncreative. Hogan Bischoff and Russo.

Rich Cranium
12-12-2010, 06:36 PM
TNA creative being uncreative. Hogan Bischoff and Russo.

Larry, Curley, and Moe!

SilverGhost
12-12-2010, 06:42 PM
Larry, Curley, and Moe!

Don't compare The Three Stooges with The Three Assclowns.

Rich Cranium
12-12-2010, 06:47 PM
Don't compare The Three Stooges with The Three Assclowns.

This is so true, the three stooges would have done a better job!

evilgenius780
12-12-2010, 07:15 PM
Lets face it, TNA abandoned their roots and started getting really stupid long before Hogan showed up.

HeelTurn
12-12-2010, 07:17 PM
TNA has a problem of re-using the whole "the bad guys are trying to take over the company" storyline, they did it when it started and they seem to do it every year.

thejman93
12-12-2010, 07:44 PM

BiscHogan Inc. happened

tittle97
12-12-2010, 08:02 PM
BiscHogan Inc. happened

Yeah it is hard to watch now. Those guys time was over in WCW. Why would anyone EVER hire Russo after the retarded shit he wrote in WCW??? Another problem is Dixie Carter is a dumbshit. It's sad to watch, they have good talent on their roster, but the storylines are painful.

thejman93
12-12-2010, 08:17 PM
Yeah it is hard to watch now. Those guys time was over in WCW. Why would anyone EVER hire Russo after the retarded shit he wrote in WCW??? Another problem is Dixie Carter is a dumbshit. It's sad to watch, they have good talent on their roster, but the storylines are painful.

If Paul Heyman ever gets a shot in TNA the company would turn around in a big way... There would be a lot more AJ, Kaz, and Joe and a lot less Jarrett, Flair and Robbie E. If ECW had the money it would still be around because Paul E was that good of a creative mind

Rich Cranium
12-12-2010, 08:42 PM
TNA did have talks with Paul Heyman, but they didn't want to give him the control he requested.

**Paul Heyman > Hogan, Bischoff, and Russo combined!

VKM
12-12-2010, 09:27 PM
I kind of agree with you on that. But you have to remember, before Hogan, they had the six sided ring, The Main Event Mafia which was an awesome heel stable, a better tag team division, and a better X Division (I think the only X Divisioners are Jay Lethal,Robbie E, and Kaz. What happened to Eric Young, Amazing Red, Brian Kendrick).

I think they need to go back to their roots and recuit the entire ROH roster and put them into TNA. If they could get Nigel McGuiness, I'm sure they can get people like Roderick Strong, Kevin Steen, Jimmy Jacobs, Austin Aries. I also heard that Tyler Black is fed up with FCW and WWE. Well TNA go get Tyler Black too. Heck! Get Rhett Titus and Delerious too! Then the X Division problem would be solved. They would have a better roster without resorting to getting 50 year old veterans that are past their prime.

Bodom
12-12-2010, 09:40 PM
But where does that leave ROH?

tittle97
12-13-2010, 12:37 AM
TNA did have talks with Paul Heyman, but they didn't want to give him the control he requested.

**Paul Heyman > Hogan, Bischoff, and Russo combined!

I remember when TNA was talking with Heyman, I was really disappointed when he decided to do the MMA thing. I remember him saying he would fire everyone over 40 including the old ECW guys. And you know he would too. I don't see TNA going after anymore ROH guys, no matter how talented they might be. Just like old WCW days, where Bitchoff threw money at ECW/WWF guys, It seems WWE castaways is what TNA is going after recently. Well, at least until someone saw how BAD of an idea it was and started the cuts/taking away Dixie's checkbook. I would much rather have ROH's talent stay in ROH, instead of going to a terribly ran TNA to get buried by Hogan cuz they don't "put asses in seats". Ugh

The Brown One
12-14-2010, 04:49 PM
Lets face it, TNA abandoned their roots and started getting really stupid long before Hogan showed up.

But they were less stupid than when BiscHogan showed up. Now its just kinda sad to watch it.