PDA

View Full Version : TNA! Total Nonstop Assclowns

tonsoffun22
12-10-2010, 06:26 PM
ive been watching tna since 2004 and ive heard all the critics bash the product for being a wwe graveyard and ive ignored most of these post. See i was all for hogan coming to tna but i too feel the product is going to waste! Dont get me wrong there are good things such as jeff hardy heel turn, just awesome! Immortal tho, the whole thng bland and boring takes up twenty minutes every freakin time impact start there immortal and blag, blah, blah! but i still enjoy tna and its alternative to wwe its something different but this week impact was awful nothing good at all well wait micki james jump off the cage was insane! but just boring all around i for one will not be watching tna until after the genesis payperview! they got alot of good talent like jesse neal, rob terry, aj styles, mcmg, genration me, and what the hell are they doing with samoa joe for crying out loud that just bullshit! I say put the belt on matt morgan or ken anderson give us something new i love the matt morgan/jeff hardy storyline but what i rather see is samoa joe vs jeff hardy for the belt! build it up heavily and start going live ever thursday night and in different arenas you got all this money for wasted talent(i say hogan) but cant do live impact on the road at least every other week or so! What are your thoughts on tna now and days and sorry if this isnt the best thread yet this is my first i should have many more to come....

Bodom
12-10-2010, 06:29 PM
Welcome to the board! And no worries dude.

Always glad to have somebody new that's not close-minded to the criticism of TNA.

Robstar
12-10-2010, 06:36 PM
Like so many others, I was a fan of TNA - back when they were an innovative, forward moving promotion with great promise. The ex WWE talent that was there then didn't give off the impression they were trying to emulate WCW & WWE but were more concerned with creating something new and fresh.

Now.....once BiscHogan Inc's contarct expires in 2011, I hope TNA lets them walk (or in Hogan's case, roll) away and try rebuild from there. I will gladly try to forget this regrettable era and give TNA another chance then.

The saddest part for me is I used to be a huge supporter of Hogan & Flair. What they have done in and to TNA has forever tarnished their legacy for me.

SilverGhost
12-10-2010, 06:39 PM
Like so many others, I was a fan of TNA - back when they were an innovative, forward moving promotion with great promise. The ex WWE talent that was there then didn't give off the impression they were trying to emulate WCW & WWE but were more concerned with creating something new and fresh.

Now.....once BiscHogan Inc's contarct expires in 2011, I hope TNA lets them walk (or in Hogan's case, roll) away and try rebuild from there. I will gladly try to forget this regrettable era and give TNA another chance then.

The saddest part for me is I used to be a huge supporter of Hogan & Flair. What they have done in and to TNA has forever tarnished their legacy for me.

TNA's Cancer.....

TheDevilsAdvocate
12-10-2010, 07:24 PM
TNA apparently realized what they had done wrong ironically near the end of Bischoff an Hogans TNA contract. They were the dead weight an I am sure Dixie had little say (despite her being one of the bosses) in half of TNA's decisions. But a lot of indy promotions are making light of TNA extending their performers contracts in great quantities. Half of these guys I have never even heard of. I think it will be interesting to see how TNA would pleasure 1 half of the WWE an spot junky monkey fangirls seeing as we all may end up seeing the last of Jeff Hardy for a long time soon in his long an tiring battle against drugs. It is kind of odd that they keep carrying the trial on for so long. Perhaps they aren't Hardy fans.

TheAgeOfAndy
12-10-2010, 07:36 PM
I was a few years late to TNA's beginnings, but I did watch their back catalogue because I found it to be innovative and interesting (bear in mind this was at a time when Bischoff was running RAW and Steph SmackDown! so I really had no complaints with the WWE product anyway. I was a fan of both for different reasons.

The point where I thought TNA had started to lose its bearings was when Bischoff and Hogan came in and got rid of the six-sided ring. I'm not gonna lie, I watched their debut episode and I had stopped watching it about a year earlier because their X Division seemed to be lacking in depth.

For the sake of TNA and its rapidly slipping reputation they need to get rid of Hogan and Bischoff, their product is turning WWE superstars who I once liked and watched on a weekly basis into the most hated wrestlers in the modern product (even more so than Cena who everyone seems to hate but since the Nexus angle I have begun to like and accept that he is the face of WWE and that isn't going to change any time soon). It hinders the development of TNA's extensive library of talented and unique athletes and makes former WWE superstars look like they want just one more shot at the big time in a company where they know they will be handed a World Championship and a big pay check just for showing up.

And, for the record, in all of what must now be ranting I am not saying that if Hogan and Bischoff were to go and everything were to magically fix itself that I would watch TNA religiously again; in fact I could care less about what TNA puts out every week, it would just be nice to have an alternative when SmackDown is on (that's a rant for another day).

tonsoffun22
12-10-2010, 08:57 PM
Thanks for welcoming me I'm a huge pro wrestling fans need somewhere to vent most my friends don't like it lol but I do agree hogan/bishoff are destroying tna I had high hopes but thos came swirly down when rvd won the title and I like rvd but reallyy he hasn't even been there that long then they put the title on him that was bs aj was doing a great job and the main event at bound for glory should have been aj stlyes vs samoa joe vs angle it would have been two tna orginals and one wwe original and angle has good intentions for tna!

Rich Cranium
12-10-2010, 09:06 PM
Just hope Dixie throws out HogaBitch inc. and all will be fine!

Lowki
12-10-2010, 09:09 PM
Agree. I bash TNA writers more than anything. I still thing in this day and age that TNA production is worse than WWE in '97. It's not very polished, camera wise. I can't explain it but if i was just watching it and someone told me it was from 1999 i'd believe them... as long as the old school that i knew back in 1999 wasn't on camera of course... Often storylines don't make sense, either ending in an obscene way or just not ending at all, just suddenly stopping. I blame russo booking for most of it.
IMO the major issues i have watching TNA are:
Writers: Deviating away from wrestling and basic storylines/characters to nonsensical trash most of the time. Too much repetition and recycling going on. Too many factions that are just weak. I watch every week and immortal/Fortune don't look like strong dominating factions. There's no group against them besides williams and morgan...
Impact zone: About time they got out of this cramped arena. Same atmosphere every show.
Crowd: Same annoying people trying to be cool by cheering for EVERYBODY. You see fans booing hardy, as the heel, then suddenly chant his name just because a Morgan chant breaks out. Every match has a back and forth chant break out from the same idiots that go to EVERY impact taping and ppv. A different crowd is needed imo. People who have seen me post recently know how much i dislike the Impact zone crowd!
Finishing: Some really stupid endings to matches. To make use of nash' pilled/drunk interview on the news board about matches.. he has a point; People don't want to see awesome 450 splashes through tables on fire, people getting hit with crazy weapons to see the match end by someone being hit with a rubber dinosaur from the crowd.

SilverGhost
12-10-2010, 09:20 PM
Agree. I bash TNA writers more than anything. I still thing in this day and age that TNA production is worse than WWE in '97. It's not very polished, camera wise. I can't explain it but if i was just watching it and someone told me it was from 1999 i'd believe them... as long as the old school that i knew back in 1999 wasn't on camera of course... Often storylines don't make sense, either ending in an obscene way or just not ending at all, just suddenly stopping. I blame russo booking for most of it.
IMO the major issues i have watching TNA are:
Writers: Deviating away from wrestling and basic storylines/characters to nonsensical trash most of the time. Too much repetition and recycling going on. Too many factions that are just weak. I watch every week and immortal/Fortune don't look like strong dominating factions. There's no group against them besides williams and morgan...
Impact zone: About time they got out of this cramped arena. Same atmosphere every show.
Crowd: Same annoying people trying to be cool by cheering for EVERYBODY. You see fans booing hardy, as the heel, then suddenly chant his name just because a Morgan chant breaks out. Every match has a back and forth chant break out from the same idiots that go to EVERY impact taping and ppv. A different crowd is needed imo. People who have seen me post recently know how much i dislike the Impact zone crowd!
Finishing: Some really stupid endings to matches. To make use of nash' pilled/drunk interview on the news board about matches.. he has a point; People don't want to see awesome 450 splashes through tables on fire, people getting hit with crazy weapons to see the match end by someone being hit with a rubber dinosaur from the crowd.

You are in the right place. We mock the shit out of the Impact Barn people.

Rich Cranium
12-10-2010, 09:29 PM
Are you saying chants do go back and forth in the WWE?

Bodom
12-10-2010, 09:34 PM
Are you saying chants do go back and forth in the WWE?

That they don't? No clue and even if there were, we can't hear them.

Rich Cranium
12-10-2010, 09:39 PM
Try Cena/Edge Sept, this year!

Lance Storm
12-10-2010, 10:20 PM
Bischoff/Hogan/Russo has ruined the product. I have been watching since 2002 when it was $10 a week on PPV and it was under the NWA umbrella. It is so watered down. I'll never forget seeing A.J. for the first time and being blown away, Petey doing the Canadian Destroyer, AMV vs. Triple X six sides of steel or Monty Brown doing the POUNCE!!!...Period and just telling myself, this is how wrestling should be. Letting the talent shine that would not normally get a chance in the WWE. Then when BHR took over and made it late 90s gimmicks and rehashing old stables (Fortune). It is to the point of an unwatchable product. I can't watch it anymore.

As for the crowds, they get in free with a Universal Studios pass. So they don't understand a damn thing.

TNA needs to be reworked and rewritten to survive. The one thing that annoys me that when I do turn in to Impact!, heels and faces seem to change by the week. The X Division has been ruined. Go Back to 2 Singles, 1 tag and 1 Women's championships. I dont care if it is a regular ring or a six-sided one. Also, A.J. Styles is a FACE...he is too damn good and talented to be worked as a heel. It is incompatible. Be a unique product, not the WWF or WCW.

As of now TNA is dead in the water.

Rich Cranium
12-10-2010, 10:23 PM
TNA is not dead YET! It just desperately needs a makeover!

SilverGhost
12-10-2010, 10:25 PM

TNA needs a makeover for its failed makeover.

el gabo
12-10-2010, 10:30 PM
TNA needs a makeover for its failed makeover.

TNA needs a kick in the balls. Maybe Paul E????

SilverGhost
12-10-2010, 10:37 PM
TNA needs a kick in the balls. Maybe Paul E????

Paul Heyman is a good add but I think he hates Russo?

Bodom
12-10-2010, 10:51 PM

Fire Russo and keep Hogan & Friends off TV

CobraNightviper
12-10-2010, 11:04 PM
all theese same dumbasses help kill wcw(Hogan,Bishoff and Russo)and it looks like there at it again tna is already on life support.

GoldSpirit
12-10-2010, 11:05 PM
I guess I'm the odd man out here.
I don't hate TNA. In fact I like it quite a bit more than the WWE product.
I was a die-hard WWE fan for pretty much my entire life. I was loathe to watch other wrestling programs, even if I did switch to Nitro or Thunder at commercial breaks. Hell, I would get in arguments with my brother in the 80's about who was better. Hogan and Ultimate Warrior or Flair and Sting. But I just don't "get" the WWE anymore. I find it boring and bland. I look at the roster and I yawn. I don't find any one wrestler to be a MUST WATCH. where I do find I HAVE to watch MMG, Anderson, Ink inc, Beer Money, Williams, etc.
I read alot of posts on this site and I have to say, I don't think people are being truly objective in their criticisms. There are alot of good points, no doubt, but most of the time it seems as if peoples "opinions" are really someone elses. It's like the guy who listens to sports talk radio and then goes into the office repeating what he heard as his own analysis. Now, before you get mad, I don't mean EVERYone. just MOST.
I don't think Hogan and Bischoff are ruining TNA. I think the STORY is that they are ruining it. I think we are supposed to believe they are. It's kayfabe. Do you really think they are in control? I HIGHLY doubt that. I don't think they run a damn thing there. They are talent, plain and simple. The entire point of the IMMORTAL storyline is to showcase TNA's talent. It all has to play out though. TNA will win out in the end and they WON'T crumble like WCW. but I digress...
Now, Do I think TNA could make some better decisions? hell yes I do, but so does WWE. Both have their shortcomings. But let's look at their last PPV. Beer money v Ink inc. , Jay Lethal v Robbie E (I dont care what you say, that character is great), Mickie v Tara , AJ v Doug Williams, MMG v Gen Me, RVD v Rhino, Abyss v Dinero, Jarrett v Samoa Joe, Morgan v Hardy. How is this a WWE graveyard show? Yes, a COUPLE guys were WWE STARS but wrestling is inherently transient. Who stays with a company forever? And just because a guy leaves WWE doesn't make him automatically DONE or OVER THE HILL. There is only so much time in every show to showcase your roster. How often do we hear "WWE/TNA doesn't use/push this guy". The last PPV was pretty good if you ask me and outside of RVD and HARDY it wasn't really a WWE cast-off show. Sure, other guys were in WWE but so was AJ. Hell, Edge and Jericho were in WCW... you get my point.
The posters on here are definetly down on TNA and thats their perogative, for sure. I'm not. Different Strokes for Different Folks.
But I don't want to be down on them just for the sake of being down on them. I LOVE that I get that much more wrestling on TV every week. And I'm happy to see alot of these "cast-offs". I'm kind of sick of watching John Doe v. Kofi Kingston every week and being told it's the best thing since sliced bread.
I'll take Anderson v. Morgan any day over pretty much anyone on the WWE roster.

Though the Impact zone does look like a kentucky Wal-Mart.

SilverGhost
12-11-2010, 12:12 AM
I guess I'm the odd man out here.
I don't hate TNA. In fact I like it quite a bit more than the WWE product.
I was a die-hard WWE fan for pretty much my entire life. I was loathe to watch other wrestling programs, even if I did switch to Nitro or Thunder at commercial breaks. Hell, I would get in arguments with my brother in the 80's about who was better. Hogan and Ultimate Warrior or Flair and Sting. But I just don't "get" the WWE anymore. I find it boring and bland. I look at the roster and I yawn. I don't find any one wrestler to be a MUST WATCH. where I do find I HAVE to watch MMG, Anderson, Ink inc, Beer Money, Williams, etc.
I read alot of posts on this site and I have to say, I don't think people are being truly objective in their criticisms. There are alot of good points, no doubt, but most of the time it seems as if peoples "opinions" are really someone elses. It's like the guy who listens to sports talk radio and then goes into the office repeating what he heard as his own analysis. Now, before you get mad, I don't mean EVERYone. just MOST.
I don't think Hogan and Bischoff are ruining TNA. I think the STORY is that they are ruining it. I think we are supposed to believe they are. It's kayfabe. Do you really think they are in control? I HIGHLY doubt that. I don't think they run a damn thing there. They are talent, plain and simple. The entire point of the IMMORTAL storyline is to showcase TNA's talent. It all has to play out though. TNA will win out in the end and they WON'T crumble like WCW. but I digress...
Now, Do I think TNA could make some better decisions? hell yes I do, but so does WWE. Both have their shortcomings. But let's look at their last PPV. Beer money v Ink inc. , Jay Lethal v Robbie E (I dont care what you say, that character is great), Mickie v Tara , AJ v Doug Williams, MMG v Gen Me, RVD v Rhino, Abyss v Dinero, Jarrett v Samoa Joe, Morgan v Hardy. How is this a WWE graveyard show? Yes, a COUPLE guys were WWE STARS but wrestling is inherently transient. Who stays with a company forever? And just because a guy leaves WWE doesn't make him automatically DONE or OVER THE HILL. There is only so much time in every show to showcase your roster. How often do we hear "WWE/TNA doesn't use/push this guy". The last PPV was pretty good if you ask me and outside of RVD and HARDY it wasn't really a WWE cast-off show. Sure, other guys were in WWE but so was AJ. Hell, Edge and Jericho were in WCW... you get my point.
The posters on here are definetly down on TNA and thats their perogative, for sure. I'm not. Different Strokes for Different Folks.
But I don't want to be down on them just for the sake of being down on them. I LOVE that I get that much more wrestling on TV every week. And I'm happy to see alot of these "cast-offs". I'm kind of sick of watching John Doe v. Kofi Kingston every week and being told it's the best thing since sliced bread.
I'll take Anderson v. Morgan any day over pretty much anyone on the WWE roster.

Though the Impact zone does look like a kentucky Wal-Mart.

I am not going against you on this but why would TNA WANT to go down? The whole Immortal storyline reminds people of NWO. They were good yes but its been done before. People don't wanna see NWO 2.0. People wanna see TNA be TNA, not a rip from WCW or WWE(excluding the people from the Impact Zone)

Sure its making new stars but the important names(BiscHogan) that TNA brought should really stay in the creative team thinking new stuff instead of regurgitating the same garbage. I think if TNA remained just being TNA(around the 2006 era) people like myself that watch this shouldn't be disappointed at watching the product. I don't wanna see a copy and paste wrestling show. I wanna see a wrestling show be a wrestling show.

1. TNA vs WWE= NOT EVEN A DAMN WAR (All hype but failed in just weeks!)
2. Inconsistent on the main event= BFG '10 onward, some damn Russo Swerve.....

TheDevilsAdvocate
12-11-2010, 12:47 AM
The last thing I heard was that whatever Vince Russo writes goes through a check up process that has Eric Bischoff an Hulk Hogan looking over the scripts to see if it is good enough to be aired on television. I don't know how reliable that source was, but they claimed he revealed that when replying to somebody on his Facebook account. People have been making these accusations since Bischoff an Hogan joined TNA. They JUST recently started up this storyline where they play off the fans reaction to them having control backstage. Which is true! ....But the on-screen version of the real deal is TNA's newest approach to the Wrestling audience- Actuality! Because TNA is done with kayfabe! ...Or they say. I don't think they are obeying their own choice words.

I mean back then you actually saw different faces within the TNA crowd because at the time TNA was actually worth the trip from say, Canada, to see their show (I used to go to a lot of their shows.) Now it is just the same faces week after week. Their chants are kind of off, and the matches seem sloppy or off-putting as if they were planned at a last second notice.

The face of TNA (I know hes a heel. Just saying that to the guys who do not know what I mean't by face of TNA) is a druggy with pending drug charges an court dates that keep getting delayed since they obviously want to put him away as TNA's World Heavyweight Champion. That doesn't sound like the TNA I used to know an love. I even asked Dixie once on Twitter after she said she would communicate with fans. I asked her why TNA was turning into WWE lite an she replied saying, "TNA is moving in a newer an better direction! Hope to see you there." O.o Wtf?!

SilverGhost
12-11-2010, 01:24 AM
The last thing I heard was that whatever Vince Russo writes goes through a check up process that has Eric Bischoff an Hulk Hogan looking over the scripts to see if it is good enough to be aired on television. I don't know how reliable that source was, but they claimed he revealed that when replying to somebody on his Facebook account. People have been making these accusations since Bischoff an Hogan joined TNA. They JUST recently started up this storyline where they play off the fans reaction to them having control backstage. Which is true! ....But the on-screen version of the real deal is TNA's newest approach to the Wrestling audience- Actuality! Because TNA is done with kayfabe! ...Or they say. I don't think they are obeying their own choice words.

I mean back then you actually saw different faces within the TNA crowd because at the time TNA was actually worth the trip from say, Canada, to see their show (I used to go to a lot of their shows.) Now it is just the same faces week after week. Their chants are kind of off, and the matches seem sloppy or off-putting as if they were planned at a last second notice.

The face of TNA (I know hes a heel. Just saying that to the guys who do not know what I mean't by face of TNA) is a druggy with pending drug charges an court dates that keep getting delayed since they obviously want to put him away as TNA's World Heavyweight Champion. That doesn't sound like the TNA I used to know an love. I even asked Dixie once on Twitter after she said she would communicate with fans. I asked her why TNA was turning into WWE lite an she replied saying, "TNA is moving in a newer an better direction! Hope to see you there." O.o Wtf?!

1st Bold: You mean that vid when Hogan said "Its for real now!" ? I was like wait a minute? The takeover was real?

2nd Bold: Back then there was new people. But I guess WCW faithful fans congregated in the Impact Barn now.....thanks to BiscHogan.

3rd Bold: Flat out BOT girl! xD

GoldSpirit
12-11-2010, 01:35 AM
I think TNA is, in many ways, thinking the same thing we are. The Immortal storyline is designed to do exactly what it is... make fans think Eric Bischoff and Hulk Hogan are going to ruin the company. I think it's ALL been one long story arc. Over time you will see TNA's originals and younger guys, along with the better talents from WWE that have come over "Save" the company. I don't think it's NWO 2.0. I think it's playing off of "fears" that fans have that these guys will ruin the TNA they love or loved.
TNA had alot going for it from the start, but it IS a business. We ALL have to admit that business for TNA has improved. I don't think TNA has gotten worse. I think there is room for improvement. I am HAPPY they got rid of the 6 sided ring, for one thing. I HATED that ring. It smacked of gimmick. It looked awkward and alot of guys couldn't wrestle in it other than guys that were strictly TNA guys from the start. I could never take it completely seriously. It did provide the X division guys with a greta platform for their high spots but overall it was a gimmick, plain and simple.
Fans are always going to have their favorite eras and stars and, with wrestling fans it was ALWAYS "better before". TNA had great matches... that no one watched. What do you think the wrestlers want more? To wrestle with no one watching or to make money? To gain fans or to impress the IWC? To be honest, our opinions mean pretty much nothing in the end. A bunch of IWC posters really DON'T know any better. It's the same as the guys who talk NBA or NFL... At the end of the day they AREN'T Bill Belichick or Rex Ryan. Now, I don't mean we can't have opinions but hell, it's a business and a product. I think TNA is doing pretty well for itself. We aren't watching the Main Event Mafia... that's an improvement, right? I think they are doing a good job pushing guys. Christopher Daniels and Amazing Red are phenomenal wrestlers but at the end of the day, outside of making IWC posters cry with joy they aren't really the bread and butter of the business. TNA has found a pretty good balance, and when the H/B era/storyline finishes up TNA will be stronger for it. They are doing alot of innovative things. The business is changing. As much as Matt Hardy is a fool he had one thing right. the business needs to move forward. TNA is at least trying. The WWE has not had any measurable change in years. It is effectively the same now as it was a decade ago except for the roster (and thats not nearly as good as it once was.).
What I'd like to know is "what do the people WANT?" They don't want TNA, they don't want WWE... who is right? WHAT is right?
For my money I'm going to stick to TNA for now as I think it's the most forward moving and thinking of the companies.
I guess time will tell. I don't mean to "rant" but the constant bashing is off-putting. It's as if people are more interested in coming up with clever/funny things to say than having a substantive debate or analysis of the products.
I don't want anyone to take this personally as it is not meant that way and is in no way an indictment of anyone posting here but is rather a general observation of the IWC as a whole.

SilverGhost
12-11-2010, 01:57 AM
What I want is for TNA to be itself. Of course star power is nice but new stars should be the way to go. Its not the storyline that irks me. Its how the company fails to live up to the expectations. I admit right now that TNA is REALLY capable of putting on legendary matches, that much I agree. I love watching their tag team division because they are showing off their skills. TNA back then was all about: showing us what they got. I wanna see unknowns become known through their craft in the ring.

The downfall isn't storylines. Its creative actually being uncreative. The writing....geez....."WHAT IS THE WRESTLER?!@?!@?? IS HE HEEL OR FACE?!@?!?@?!" Basically inconsistent on the storylines. And whatever Hogan saying...."its real now." But my point was that TNA isn't making itself look bad by storylines, they are looking bad by business decisions. Was Hogan a good add? Yes he was. Did TNA get better? No. In fact....I have never seen TNA in a tough spot when it came to its Immortal storyline. Immortal was a good idea but it was from back then. Executives and wrestlers wanting power in the wrestling company? That has been done before.....

Remember the whole "TNA moving to Monday nights"? Corporation suicide. What made TNA think that they had enough power to go head to head with WWE and Monday Night Football? They had HIGH expectations(basically hype) BUT FAILED horribly to deliver.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mH1xm2fOXD4

So far up to that point.....it went up with all the hype and all the way down due to its inconsistencies.....I don't think it was storyline was. The company is really going down. I don't like it but thats what I see.

Kashdinero
12-11-2010, 03:12 AM
When Hogan & the Bisch first arrived I thought it would be great for TNA. This assumption was based on interviews I read with The Bisch when he planning on taking over WCW before they lost their TV spot on TNT and Vinnie Mac bought the smoldering remains of the once mighty force in pro wrestling. He really seemed to have a good grip on what most fans wanted to see.

But when they did go to war with WWE on Monday nights who did they bring with them?

Val Venis, the nasty boys, Orlando Jordan & old man Flair!?!?! WTF!!!

Hogan & the Bisch instantly proved that they didn't have a FN clue. They couldn't be more behind the times if they tried.

The immortal storyline is clearly playing up on the negative feedback they've received ever since they arrived. Now I'm not saying the way they behave on screen is how they are backstage, but I'm willing to bet it's not too far from the truth.

The best thing The Bisch has done since his arrival is Reaction. That program is the freshest thing in wrestling right now. So good on him for that. If he was strictly a backstage hand then I would have no problem with him at all but he actually makes me feel nauseous Everytime he's on screen..

The best thing Hogan did for the company was garner some media attention and that all but evaporated after the first few weeks!! Please Hulk. Hobble off into the sunset and leave this once promising promotion to once again regain some class!

And don't get me started on the pile of crap that is Vince Russo!!!!

I've said it before and I'll say it again Team Bischoganusso has to go.... TNA's future depends on it.

IPEEINTHESHOWER
12-11-2010, 04:07 AM
To be honest, our opinions mean pretty much nothing in the end. A bunch of IWC posters really DON'T know any better. It's the same as the guys who talk NBA or NFL... At the end of the day they AREN'T Bill Belichick or Rex Ryan. Now, I don't mean we can't have opinions but hell, it's a business and a product.
What I'd like to know is "what do the people WANT? I don't mean to "rant" but the constant bashing is off-putting. It's as if people are more interested in coming up with clever/funny things to say than having a substantive debate or analysis of the products.
I don't want anyone to take this personally as it is not meant that way and is in no way an indictment of anyone posting here but is rather a general observation of the IWC as a whole.

Hello SHOWERHEADS and SPRINKLERS of all ages, please allow the most stand out, most liked has the best f-e-u-d in the EWN community to give his infinite wisdom on this matter. This is mostly for Goldspirit but as always all is welcome to read this. First, our opinions DO matter, and if your blind to that fact I feel sorry for you. We are the ones that watch pro rasslin religiously, pay for PPV (at least most do) and buy tickets when they come to town. I have infinite wisdom and I DO know better. You would be surprised at who reads these in your words "mean nothing opinions." Of course pro rasslin is a business but you have a lot to learn about business if you think the opinions of the customers doesn't matter. Please let me share my infinite wisdom on what people WANT. The people want to watch the talent wrestle to the best of there ability, they want interesting storylines that they can emotionally invest in. They want to watch a pro rasslin show that keeps you entertained and wanting more. They want to be so excited that they cant wait for the next episode. You see pro rasslin is episodic television at its best. We don't need Russo type swerves to wet our appetite. In the end we want to be entertained. Last but not least, whats wrong with being clever/funny to make a point. I think your forgetting this is a show, this is not life and death. You wanting to Have a substantive debate about a fictitious television program lets me know you need to get laid more often. Now that's an analysis.

U MAD???

RevolutionIcon
12-11-2010, 04:42 AM
GoldSpirit, thank you. I have wanted to type something along those lines for a little while now. Everyone does nothing but bitch about TNA. But it could be a lot worse...

Dixie Carter could be giving birth to a hand.
Hulk Hogan could be fucking a dead corpse in a coffin.
Orlando Jordan could be actually having sex with EY on PPV.
AJ Styles could be getting fired and begging not to by EB Jericho style. Which was the saddest thing I ever seen.
Jeff Jarrett could be pretending to be a rapper and changing his outfits to orange.
Sting could come back with his fruit loops colours.
Rob Terry could be coming down the ramp painted black eating worms with a fucking coo coo clock wrapped around his neck.
Sharkboy and Gillberg could be a tag team.
Goldberg could be in TNA.
Whoeverthefuck Gowen could be hopping around the ring doing the same move over and over again, and I'm not talking about being pushed down the stairs.
Angle could have the 3 I's and his ten chocolate gold medals.
Mr. America could debut on Reaction to give his pov.
Dixie could sign the Mean Street Posse and then sign on the Spirit Squad so they have someone to feud with.
Fuck, Eugene could debut as Impact's GM.
Stevie Richards could be Steven Richards and rebirth The Right To Censor.
Abyss could fall off a cage and get up, that would suck.
Billy Gunn could appear on stage, scratch his crotch and smell his hand while Ron Simmons shows up for his DAMN! segment.
They could sign Joanie Laurer and let her publicize a return to Playboy.

Do I need to continue?

Everyone here bitches about everything TNA, but you know, I have never heard anyone bring up the fact The Pope doesn't have a fucking character..

TNA is doing fine, and you know, I wish WCW was still around, maybe everyone would appreciate TNA a little more.

P.S. I liked the 6 sided ring.

Immortal needs time to play out. Funny how everyone wouldn't shut up about Hardy being awesome for years and years. While he was a drug user for years and years, nobody would stop the praise. All of a sudden the smooth criminal has a fucking court date and everyone's biting his ass.

And what pisses me off is all of a sudden he's washed up? With the amount of hatred he gets online, he's doing his fucking job better than anyone else can right now, he's got more heat than the alcoholic at church drinking all of Jesus' blood. Funny thing is, everyone's sketchy about reporters online, but the second you hear what you want to, even though the report changed, you believe it, because you want to. Not because it's true he was hammered, but because you need an actual reason to hate him.

I hated him for ten years, and I was the one who said while the Hardy Boys were on WWF Shotgun that they'd be stars. Then they were, and I hated them. Jeff Hardy is doing fine. He's a heel and all of a sudden you all hate him. If he goes to jail for a couple of years, you'll all be whining to have him back because your only other option is John Cena. Thats the trend right?

None of us work in the business, and none of us fully understand how the business works, if you think you do, you need to fill a sink with ice and stick your head in it.

Flame away.

IPEEINTHESHOWER
12-11-2010, 05:03 AM
None of us work in the business, and none of us fully understand how the business works, if you think you do, you need to fill a sink with ice and stick your head in it.

Flame away.

A wise person once told me "Criticizing others is a dishonest way of praising ourselves." They also said "Just because you believe something doesn't make it true." Take that for what its worth.

U MAD???

RevolutionIcon
12-11-2010, 05:09 AM
No, but how am I criticizing others? Aren't I asking that question? Maybe it came across the other way. Oh well.

Edit: By the way, I once had a roomate who had a cable bill that read P. Showers. Nice name.

Lowki
12-11-2010, 07:07 AM
Try Cena/Edge Sept, this year!

Wasn't edge face though? and my complaint isn't with back and forth chants now and again... it's idiots chanting someone's name just because another guys names being chanted. Imagine sheamus being booed, suddenly a JoMo chant breaks out..now some idiots that attend every show in this town decide to do a "Let's go sheamus". Then the next match the same, and the next, and the next..
In WWE fans are genuinely excited to see the show live in their town due to it happening only a few times a year, even people who think its boring. That excitement is evident in the crowds most of the time. The impact zone guys are mostly the same people who go and watch..it's like bingo for them. Plus you can hear chants a lot louder in the impact zone because of it's size.. UFC fight night finale in the palms reminded me of the Impact zone, especially when you could clearly hear that guy shouting "KILL HIM".

SilverGhost
12-11-2010, 12:20 PM
GoldSpirit, thank you. I have wanted to type something along those lines for a little while now. Everyone does nothing but bitch about TNA. But it could be a lot worse...

Dixie Carter could be giving birth to a hand.
Hulk Hogan could be fucking a dead corpse in a coffin.
Orlando Jordan could be actually having sex with EY on PPV.
AJ Styles could be getting fired and begging not to by EB Jericho style. Which was the saddest thing I ever seen.
Jeff Jarrett could be pretending to be a rapper and changing his outfits to orange.
Sting could come back with his fruit loops colours.
Rob Terry could be coming down the ramp painted black eating worms with a fucking coo coo clock wrapped around his neck.
Sharkboy and Gillberg could be a tag team.
Goldberg could be in TNA.
Whoeverthefuck Gowen could be hopping around the ring doing the same move over and over again, and I'm not talking about being pushed down the stairs.
Angle could have the 3 I's and his ten chocolate gold medals.
Mr. America could debut on Reaction to give his pov.
Dixie could sign the Mean Street Posse and then sign on the Spirit Squad so they have someone to feud with.
Fuck, Eugene could debut as Impact's GM.
Stevie Richards could be Steven Richards and rebirth The Right To Censor.
Abyss could fall off a cage and get up, that would suck.
Billy Gunn could appear on stage, scratch his crotch and smell his hand while Ron Simmons shows up for his DAMN! segment.
They could sign Joanie Laurer and let her publicize a return to Playboy.

Do I need to continue?

Everyone here bitches about everything TNA, but you know, I have never heard anyone bring up the fact The Pope doesn't have a fucking character..

TNA is doing fine, and you know, I wish WCW was still around, maybe everyone would appreciate TNA a little more.

P.S. I liked the 6 sided ring.

Immortal needs time to play out. Funny how everyone wouldn't shut up about Hardy being awesome for years and years. While he was a drug user for years and years, nobody would stop the praise. All of a sudden the smooth criminal has a fucking court date and everyone's biting his ass.

And what pisses me off is all of a sudden he's washed up? With the amount of hatred he gets online, he's doing his fucking job better than anyone else can right now, he's got more heat than the alcoholic at church drinking all of Jesus' blood. Funny thing is, everyone's sketchy about reporters online, but the second you hear what you want to, even though the report changed, you believe it, because you want to. Not because it's true he was hammered, but because you need an actual reason to hate him.

I hated him for ten years, and I was the one who said while the Hardy Boys were on WWF Shotgun that they'd be stars. Then they were, and I hated them. Jeff Hardy is doing fine. He's a heel and all of a sudden you all hate him. If he goes to jail for a couple of years, you'll all be whining to have him back because your only other option is John Cena. Thats the trend right?

Flame away.

If that is Jeff Hardy, I have two reasons to LEGITIMATELY hate him(I don't hate him, just strongly dislike him): A druggy that can barely wrestle and he and his crew shooting on certain wrestlers acting like 15 year old girls.

IrkenInvader
12-11-2010, 12:58 PM
If that is Jeff Hardy, I have two reasons to LEGITIMATELY hate him(I don't hate him, just strongly dislike him): A druggy that can barely wrestle and he and his crew shooting on certain wrestlers acting like 15 year old girls.

Awww, is wittle SG angwy because someone disagwees with him?

SilverGhost
12-11-2010, 01:04 PM

No. That is an explanation.

Can you sense any anger there?

Robstar
12-11-2010, 01:07 PM

Lol, like you never had your nose out of joint Irken

IrkenInvader
12-11-2010, 01:49 PM
No. That is an explanation.

Can you sense any anger there?

Apparently you can't sense the sarcasm there.

SilverGhost
12-11-2010, 02:19 PM
Apparently you can't sense the sarcasm there.

Alright then. What do you think about the topic in this thread?

IrkenInvader
12-11-2010, 02:22 PM
I've already stated my opinion on the Hogan/Bitchoff regime in other threads.

Allison
12-11-2010, 05:30 PM
ive been watching tna since 2004 and ive heard all the critics bash the product for being a wwe graveyard and ive ignored most of these post. See i was all for hogan coming to tna but i too feel the product is going to waste! Dont get me wrong there are good things such as jeff hardy heel turn, just awesome! Immortal tho, the whole thng bland and boring takes up twenty minutes every freakin time impact start there immortal and blag, blah, blah! but i still enjoy tna and its alternative to wwe its something different but this week impact was awful nothing good at all well wait micki james jump off the cage was insane! but just boring all around i for one will not be watching tna until after the genesis payperview! they got alot of good talent like jesse neal, rob terry, aj styles, mcmg, genration me, and what the hell are they doing with samoa joe for crying out loud that just bullshit! I say put the belt on matt morgan or ken anderson give us something new i love the matt morgan/jeff hardy storyline but what i rather see is samoa joe vs jeff hardy for the belt! build it up heavily and start going live ever thursday night and in different arenas you got all this money for wasted talent(i say hogan) but cant do live impact on the road at least every other week or so! What are your thoughts on tna now and days and sorry if this isnt the best thread yet this is my first i should have many more to come....

Paragraphs and punctuation are your friends. I didn't even try to read that jumbled mess. Sorry! :/

SilverGhost
12-11-2010, 05:38 PM
Paragraphs and punctuation are your friends. I didn't even try to read that jumbled mess. Sorry! :/

Lol you should read it! Insight can be blurry!

Allison
12-11-2010, 05:51 PM
lol you should read it! Insight can be blurry!

aghhhhhhh i cant..... It hurts my head!!!!! =]~

SilverGhost
12-11-2010, 05:52 PM

Lol fine xD

Allison
12-11-2010, 05:55 PM
Lol fine xD

Ok.... I read it up to this point! "See i was all for hogan coming to tna"

Then I quit.

Now gimme a damn Tylenol!! :D

Bodom
12-11-2010, 05:55 PM

Ehh...It's not that bad.

There's worse on this board.

Allison
12-11-2010, 05:57 PM
Ehh...It's not that bad.

There's worse on this board.

But I haven't read the whole board.

(yet)

:D

SilverGhost
12-11-2010, 05:58 PM
Ok.... I read it up to this point! "See i was all for hogan coming to tna"

Then I quit.

Now gimme a damn Tylenol!! :D

Bodom....has some METAL!!! \m/

Bodom
12-11-2010, 06:01 PM
But I haven't read the whole board.

(yet)

:D

Wait till good ol' lucky7 posts a long one.

Allison
12-11-2010, 06:02 PM
btw.... I LOVE wrestling and I like this forum a lot ..... but a lot of what I say is tongue in cheek and never actually meant to be mean spirited..... so I hope you guys never decide to ban me just coz Im a minor smart ass. o_O

SilverGhost
12-11-2010, 06:02 PM
Wait till good ol' lucky7 posts a long one.

Speaking of which, he was all business in the "chair match" thread.

"I think like what wwe thinks."

SilverGhost
12-11-2010, 06:03 PM
btw.... I LOVE wrestling and I like this forum a lot ..... but a lot of what I say is tongue in cheek and never actually meant to be mean spirited..... so I hope you guys never decide to ban me just coz Im a minor smart ass. o_O

Robstar Bodom and myself are smartasses xD No worries

Bodom
12-11-2010, 06:04 PM

Im the lead smart ass on this forum.

You're quite safe.

Allison
12-11-2010, 06:07 PM
Im the lead smart ass on this forum.

You're quite safe.

ok.... i just say coz when I first got here.... i saw that one guy (has TNA in his names) that you ban a lot..... I just wanted you to know.... I do joke around but I know forum etiquette..... so if I go over the line just tell me. :D

SilverGhost
12-11-2010, 06:09 PM
ok.... i just say coz when I first got here.... i saw that one guy (has TNA in his names) that you ban a lot..... I just wanted you to know.... I do joke around but I know forum etiquette..... so if I go over the line just tell me. :D

Oh god....that guy is a walking failure!

Its actually funny sometimes. He left me a very refreshing post. "Fuck You SilverGhost!" Nice huh?

SaberToothTigerz
12-11-2010, 06:11 PM
Oh god....that guy is a walking failure!

Its actually funny sometimes. He left me a very refreshing post. "Fuck You SilverGhost!" Nice huh?

i think its a "she"

Bodom
12-11-2010, 06:11 PM

WWTNA? He was an ass and deserved his banning. We really are quite lenient and fair compared to most board mods out there. If we were that strict a lot more people would be banned *stares at IPITS*.

All we want is a wrestling message board where we can all either talk wrestling or just hang out and be friends.

SaberToothTigerz
12-11-2010, 06:13 PM
WWTNA? He was an ass and deserved his banning. We really are quite lenient and fair compared to most board mods out there. If we were that strict a lot more people would be banned *stares at IPITS*.

All we want is a wrestling message board where we can all either talk wrestling or just hang out and be friends.

u forgot one rule that u dont disobey
"DISSING MY SEXY SIGNATURES!"

SilverGhost
12-11-2010, 06:14 PM
i think its a "she"

Don't care. That mind isn't worthy here anymore.

IP Ban does wonders. -twirls revovler pistol-

IPEEINTHESHOWER
12-11-2010, 06:15 PM

Allison you have nothing to worry about, trust me. Please let me give some infinite wisdom, if Bodom ever takes you out on a date dont drink whatever beverage he gives you. This is how it might play out http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRr-IX-WISuUJ8qsfGkWEAS8svEZnzbAv0amLoivzhyDgnMpTtM

muuuhahahahahahah

Allison
12-11-2010, 06:17 PM
hehe.... well..... his mom probly kept him locked i their basement for years while she was out turning tricks to pay the rent..... he had a small b/w tv with bent antennea.... to keep him company...... and it only picked up WFU-TV where he grew up watchin wrestling.

Now that moms in prison, and hes out on his own...... hes drawn to the only thing he remembers from his youth.... RASSLIN..... and of course hes a little hostile...... o_O It's Christmas time..... give this poor guy the benefit of the doubt..... we are probly the only two legged friends he's had since he was 3 yrs old.

SaberToothTigerz
12-11-2010, 06:18 PM
Don't care. That mind isn't worthy here anymore.

IP Ban does wonders. -twirls revovler pistol-

what's u guys problem? did i ever insulted anyone or made fun of allison? no it was just a guess a bad guess i might add w/e ill leave this argument ffs...

Bodom
12-11-2010, 06:18 PM
You're really making up for lost time aren't you IPITS?

SilverGhost
12-11-2010, 06:19 PM
hehe.... well..... his mom probly kept him locked i their basement for years while she was out turning tricks to pay the rent..... he had a small b/w tv with bent antennea.... to keep him company...... and it only picked up WFU-TV where he grew up watchin wrestling.

Now that moms in prison, and hes out on his own...... hes drawn to the only thing he remembers from his youth.... RASSLIN..... and of course hes a little hostile...... o_O It's Christmas time..... give this poor guy the benefit of the doubt..... we are probly the only two legged friends he's had since he was 3 yrs old.

Too nice.....way too nice......learn the way of the darkness.

SaberToothTigerz
12-11-2010, 06:24 PM

very funny very very very funny

Allison
12-11-2010, 06:25 PM
Too nice.....way too nice......learn the way of the darkness.

Ok.... His mom locked him in the Basement and made HIM turn tricks. Now he's hostile because of his "RAW" stretched out young bunghole.... And the sounds of Horny, sweaty old men whispering into his ear..... "You're my little "TNA"....... and he has come back to KILL US ALL!!!!!

Rich Cranium
12-11-2010, 06:26 PM

That is why I voted in Robstar's thread that I scan these but a car wreck in this case, I abandon!

SilverGhost
12-11-2010, 06:26 PM
Ok.... His mom locked him in the Basement and made HIM turn tricks. Now he's hostile because of his "RAW" stretched out young bunghole.... And the sounds of Horny, sweaty old men whispering into his ear..... "You're my little "TNA"....... and he has come back to KILL US ALL!!!!!

Ok now you went IPITS xD

Bodom
12-11-2010, 06:29 PM

Nice, but you're trying too hard. Let it flow freely young padawan.

IPEEINTHESHOWER
12-11-2010, 06:30 PM

I like the way this one thinks. You just earned your first http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQdn328667ZB_HdEDKyl1NIO0Lu57Al1 M95fhPJn0NldpPFpZuOhd2PeTSUZQ post

congrats.

Off to the bar to watch UFC...... GO GSP

SilverGhost
12-11-2010, 06:31 PM
I like the way this one thinks. You just earned your first http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQdn328667ZB_HdEDKyl1NIO0Lu57Al1 M95fhPJn0NldpPFpZuOhd2PeTSUZQ post

congrats.

Off to the bar to watch UFC...... GO GSP

If I was a bit older....I would go with you.

(Go GSP)

Allison
12-11-2010, 06:32 PM
damn you guys are hard

(ok I mean difficult)

Im goin to a Christmas party..... I'll be back around tomorrow

*much love*

Night!!!

SilverGhost
12-11-2010, 06:33 PM
damn you guys are hard

(ok I mean difficult)

*much love*

Night!!!

Your darkness will grow here.

HAVE FUN!!!!

Bodom
12-11-2010, 06:33 PM
Drink a pint of Guinness in my honor IPITS.

SaberToothTigerz
12-11-2010, 06:34 PM
right running
just so u guys know i never MEANT anything by saying what i said before
its no reason to piss on me just because she had a bad day

Bodom
12-11-2010, 06:35 PM
damn you guys are hard

(ok I mean difficult)

*much love*

Night!!!

Good timing. IPITS just left.

Bodom
12-11-2010, 06:37 PM
right running
just so u guys know i never MEANT anything by saying what i said before
its no reason to piss on me just because she had a bad day
Huh? When has anyone acted like that towards you?

SaberToothTigerz
12-11-2010, 06:38 PM
Huh? When has anyone acted like that towards you?

i know exactly what alisson was saying
and to who she was saying it

Bodom
12-11-2010, 06:39 PM

Certainly wasn't towards you if that's what you feel.

SaberToothTigerz
12-11-2010, 06:41 PM
i certainly feel that way
i was bullied lots of times and mentally challanged by kids in all my past school years i kno she was mocking me for telling someone "i think its a she"

SilverGhost
12-11-2010, 06:45 PM
Tigerz

We were making fun of WWTNA. Not you.

Speaking of our friend WWTNA....Bodom I still can't believe that WWTNA got banned in that site xD

Bodom
12-11-2010, 06:45 PM
i certainly feel that way
i was bullied lots of times and mentally challanged by kids in all my past school years i kno she was mocking me for telling someone "i think its a she"

And im telling you none of it was directed toward you. I apologize if you felt it was, but i can honestly tell you that it wasnt.

SaberToothTigerz
12-11-2010, 06:46 PM
Tigerz

We were making fun of WWTNA. Not you.

Speaking of our friend WWTNA....Bodom I still can't believe that WWTNA got banned in that site xD

could have warned me before...but still thx....

SilverGhost
12-11-2010, 06:57 PM
You could have read back if you got lost o.o

SaberToothTigerz
12-11-2010, 07:00 PM
You could have read back if you got lost o.o

i did but i was rly convinced it was me and not him

SilverGhost
12-11-2010, 07:04 PM
i did but i was rly convinced it was me and not him

WWTNA=/=Tigerz

On Topic: TNA is full of "smart" people that don't know wrestling.

Rich Cranium
12-11-2010, 08:03 PM
They know race cars though! :)

Bodom
12-11-2010, 08:05 PM

http://static.tvfanatic.com/images/gallery/cartman-racing.jpg

SilverGhost
12-11-2010, 08:08 PM

That is great. Insight is coming through.....but they only know how to turn left.

Jimmy Rave
12-11-2010, 08:08 PM
Russo didn't kill WCW or TNA, it just seems like it's the trendy thing to do to blame him. WCW in 1999 before Russo went there was TERRIBLE, if you watch some WCW 2000 on Youtube that Russo did book you can see that it is 10x better than anything that is around today. Also Russo was booking TNA from 2006 and 06-09 TNA was great

TNA killed it's own image when Hogan and Bischoff took over and turned it into discount WCW. Out goes the 6-sided ring, the 2 entrance tunnels for heels/faces and most of their original talent, and in comes the standard ring, a giant 1994 WCW ramp and a lot of WWE reject talent. How typical of wrestling to suck you in with brand loyalty then completely screw it up by changing the brand. WWF Attitude was great, ruined by rebranding to WW'E'. TNA was great, ruined by rebranding to discount WCW

Rich Cranium
12-11-2010, 08:14 PM
Russo didn't kill WCW or TNA, it just seems like it's the trendy thing to do to blame him. WCW in 1999 before Russo went there was TERRIBLE, if you watch some WCW 2000 on Youtube that Russo did book you can see that it is 10x better than anything that is around today. Also Russo was booking TNA from 2006 and 06-09 TNA was great

TNA killed it's own image when Hogan and Bischoff took over and turned it into discount WCW. Out goes the 6-sided ring, the 2 entrance tunnels for heels/faces and most of their original talent, and in comes the standard ring, a giant 1994 WCW ramp and a lot of WWE reject talent. How typical of wrestling to suck you in with brand loyalty then completely screw it up by changing the brand. WWF Attitude was great, ruined by rebranding to WW'E'. TNA was great, ruined by rebranding to discount WCW

It's typically when the 3 stooges of Hogan, Bischoff, and Russo get together that things go downhill.

SilverGhost
12-11-2010, 08:28 PM
It's typically when the 3 stooges of Hogan, Bischoff, and Russo get together that things go downhill.

http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/hs352.snc4/41787_112285705472146_3449_n.jpg

SilverGhost
12-11-2010, 08:44 PM
This is from "TNA in a war with an Indy Promotion"

I thought it would be wise to put it here as well.

HARDCORE TNA FANS! This is for you!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkNZJtqHHbQ

*credit to Rassling_Fan for the vid find*

IrkenInvader
12-11-2010, 09:28 PM
What a dick,

Its still real to me!

SilverGhost
12-12-2010, 01:40 AM
What a dick,

Its still real to me!

I guess TNA is "real".

Throw "Kayfabe" away!

SilverGhost
12-12-2010, 02:44 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU8CZcWiYCA&NR=1&feature=fvwp

Allison
12-12-2010, 03:28 AM

No offense but I don't even have any idea who you are. Nothing I've said was directed towards you.

SevenCagedTigers
12-12-2010, 10:57 AM
let's look at their last PPV. Beer money v Ink inc. , Jay Lethal v Robbie E (I dont care what you say, that character is great), Mickie v Tara , AJ v Doug Williams, MMG v Gen Me, RVD v Rhino, Abyss v Dinero, Jarrett v Samoa Joe, Morgan v Hardy. How is this a WWE graveyard show? Yes, a COUPLE guys were WWE STARS but wrestling is inherently transient.

If you think only a couple of those guys are WWE guys then youre wrong. 9 out of 21 of those people listed are ex-WWE. Thats almost half of its PPV being WWE rejects. On top of that, if you look at their programming as a whole, Bischoff and Hogan get more television time than anyone else on a weekly basis. It isn't that people are angry at TNA for becoming a retirement home for WWE wrestlers who want more money for less hours. Its that people are generally tired of seeing old storylines and characters rehashed.

Paul Heyman once said in criticism of TNA that TNA failed to "brand" its talent. That is, that they failed to create new superstars. I think the general consensus is that TNA has placed ex-WWE guys at the forefront of their main event (Hardy, Morgan, Jarrett, Pope) Has failed to capitalize on its own homegrown talent (Petey Williams, Christopher Daniels, Sonjay Dutt, Shark Boy, to name a few) Has RUINED the two divisions that made it stand out from the WWE (Women's and X-Division) And has generally accomplished nothing but rehash 90's storylines and wrestlers (Four Horsemen, Wolfpack, Hogan, ECW). TNA used to be innovative and now its become a nostalgia show, and nostalgia does nothing to establish brand identity.

You can believe that were all just talking heads repeating a consensus rather than coming to our own individual conclusions, but anyone on this board can state at least 5 valid reasons as to why TNA is an inferior product to the WWE. I have to disagree that TNA puts out a good product. Just the bad writing alone is enough to make it unenjoyable to watch.

Rich Cranium
12-12-2010, 11:04 AM
I wonder instead of bashing the product if we should be bashing the regime.

SilverGhost
12-12-2010, 12:21 PM
No offense but I don't even have any idea who you are. Nothing I've said was directed towards you.

Lets just move on now xD

Rich Cranium
12-12-2010, 12:25 PM
Lets just move on now xD

Yeah, I never let myself get offended by those through the Internet wormhole.

SilverGhost
12-12-2010, 12:34 PM
If you think only a couple of those guys are WWE guys then youre wrong. 9 out of 21 of those people listed are ex-WWE. Thats almost half of its PPV being WWE rejects. On top of that, if you look at their programming as a whole, Bischoff and Hogan get more television time than anyone else on a weekly basis. It isn't that people are angry at TNA for becoming a retirement home for WWE wrestlers who want more money for less hours. Its that people are generally tired of seeing old storylines and characters rehashed.

Paul Heyman once said in criticism of TNA that TNA failed to "brand" its talent. That is, that they failed to create new superstars. I think the general consensus is that TNA has placed ex-WWE guys at the forefront of their main event (Hardy, Morgan, Jarrett, Pope) Has failed to capitalize on its own homegrown talent (Petey Williams, Christopher Daniels, Sonjay Dutt, Shark Boy, to name a few) Has RUINED the two divisions that made it stand out from the WWE (Women's and X-Division) And has generally accomplished nothing but rehash 90's storylines and wrestlers (Four Horsemen, Wolfpack, Hogan, ECW). TNA used to be innovative and now its become a nostalgia show, and nostalgia does nothing to establish brand identity.

You can believe that were all just talking heads repeating a consensus rather than coming to our own individual conclusions, but anyone on this board can state at least 5 valid reasons as to why TNA is an inferior product to the WWE. I have to disagree that TNA puts out a good product. Just the bad writing alone is enough to make it unenjoyable to watch.

Basically the whole post says truth. The bold says my point.

MattElder
12-12-2010, 03:43 PM
at the risk of a major bashing i like the TNA storylines BUT HATE the guys they are doing it with
I understand AJ being turned heel but theyve done nothing with it since turn him face and let him get back to his best.... it just seems that theyre holding him back,
same goes with Beer money they were doing better on their own and Joe, i dont really rate him but what are they doing with him!!!

HeelTurn
12-12-2010, 06:01 PM
The main problem I have with TNA is the fact there is always a faction trying to gain control of the company, and a face faction trying to stop them, its been that way since its debut and we are stuck with that again.

SilverGhost
12-12-2010, 06:25 PM
The main problem I have with TNA is the fact there is always a faction trying to gain control of the company, and a face faction trying to stop them, its been that way since its debut and we are stuck with that again.

BiscHoganusso. Blame them.

SevenCagedTigers
12-12-2010, 07:52 PM
WWF Attitude was great, ruined by rebranding to WW'E'.

You know... I really don't think WWF switching to WWE was that bad of an idea. I mean, are we talking about the initials themselves? I'm sure were not, but changing the name of the company to World Wrestling Entertainment was great foresight because I think it provides an alibi for any future argument of wrestling being a "sport". For any future argument, you can just say "Its called World Wrestling Entertainment, its not a sport, its entertainment". I think that any other name simply wouldn't have fit when youre selling a pretend-sports show to a global audience.

But as far as WWE, I think the past 5 or 6 years will have been defined by the fact that only a select few dominated the main event, and that the WWE failed to make new Superstars. Sure you had guys like Guerrero, Benoit and Lesnar be pushed. But for the majority, there hasn't been a PPV not headlined by Orton/Batista/HHH/Cena, and thats what I think people were more upset about. It was the lack of variety in the main event scene.

Anyway, uhhh. I agree with everything else you said, discount WCW couldn't be any more fitting. Its this mentality of "WWE rejects will bring in viewership because theyve already been exposed to a national audience, thus there will be fan interest to watch them". But on an "IMPACT ZONE!" sized budget.

Personally, the worst thing I see about ex-WWE people being in TNA is this stigma that the majority of them were people who the WWE did not want. This makes TNA look like a charity case. Like a place that lives off of scraps. If you look at the reason why WWE superstars jumped ship to TNA, you will have to come to the conclusion that all of them were people who the WWE did not want, and that paints TNA as being a collection of the world's most expensive rejects. Lets take a look:

Kurt Angle - Left WWE after allegedly abusing drugs.
Christian - Left WWE willingly after years of frustration over not being in the main event.
RVD - Stripped of both the World and ECW championships after being caught with posession of marijuana, and subsequently parted ways.
Mr. Kennedy (Mr. Anderson) - Released for allegedly being dangerous to work with in the ring, as well as being injury-prone.
Brian Kendrick - After being pushed for months on Smackdown, released under the stigma of being pro-marijuana
Mickie James - Released, according to internet reports, in part due to being overweight.
Matt Morgan - Released after creative "had nothing for him" and after being mis-used under a stupid stuttering gimmick which rendered him worthless.
Orlando Jordan - After being given a lenghty run as U.S. Champion and a favored position along JBL in his stable, he was released under the stigma of, at the time, internet rumors of his homosexuality.
Hulk Hogan - His publicized divorce and his problems with his son make his involvement in TNA suspect of being not a labor of love for the business, but of the need of money.
Jeff Hardy - Released for being Jeff Hardy

And the list goes on. My point is that TNA was once praised as being the place where hard-working midcarders could come and be featured in the main event. Back when Christian and Kurt Angle were in TNA working their butts off, this meant something. But you can't look at the whole of why those guys jumped ship and be impressed with TNA's roster. TNA's roster looks like a charity case of ex-alleged druggies, guys who had worthless name value after being misused, and guys who merely are in it for the money. And yet TNA employs them for the mere reason that "They were featured nationally, they must be able to attract viewers". The numbers show no steady increase, and even the wrestlers who are able to work are not being used correctly. If TNA were able to get even one John Cena, even one Randy Orton or one Triple H, guys who were at the top of their game, then this would truly paint TNA as a contender for the WWE. But as of now, all this adds up to making TNA appear to be a big, flashy, expensive collection of rejects.